PDA

View Full Version : Are the Clippers are realistic destination

NYSpirit1
02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I was figuring if the Lakers got Howard, the Knicks got Paul, where would Deron Williams go?

The Clippers would have Baron Davis, Ryan Gomes, Blake Griffin, Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe on the books for $27 million.

Kaman, Foye, Rasual Butler and Craig Smith are off the books.

Factor in a $12-13 million extension for Eric Gordon per year and that cap number is around $40 million, leaving $18 million to spend.

I'd imagine that Williams would jump at the chance to play in LA with Griffin and Gordon in their primes. Baron Davis would also possibly be the best backup PG in the NBA.

apet8945
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
Who wouldn't want D-will on their team? We would a big threat imo if we got him, but thats a big IF. I doubt anyone would want to come here because of Mr. Sterling, but then again, we've never had a guy like Griffin that can come in and become not only the new face of the team, but a brand new face in the NBA. So maybe D-will might bite on that, but i still doubt it.

And Kaman is still under contract till the end of next year.

_Supreme_
02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
The Clippers are a more realistic destination for Dwight, Deron & Paul than NY or the Lakers.

Put one of those on the Clips and they are a top 3 team in the West a few years from now.

Wake's Fastball
02-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Slightest financial bump- the Clips still have to figure on an extension for DeAndre Jordan in there too.

beasted86
02-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Slightest financial bump- the Clips still have to figure on an extension for DeAndre Jordan in there too.

True.

MoBASS
02-22-2011, 05:41 PM

Unfortunately that's not gonna be so slight. He's gonna get paid.

gilly
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Could the Clips get rid of Baron too and get two of those players?

tangent12
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Are you are is what you say you is or are?

In all seriousness, I think they are due to their youth talent and future. However, if Dwill or any other player in that regard goes by the history and curse of that franchise, I think the Clippers wouldn't look that appealing or attractive to them.

Dodgers99
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't count on it. But as long as they continue to get better(which they should), they will draw interest.

bringinwood
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
No chance Howard goes to the Clips without Davis being on the roster....

Neither Paul nor Williams will go to NY... They won't get a max contract there... Why would they do that when either can go to the Bulls and turn Rose into a 2 where he might be even better...

LA has the pieces to make a trade to grab any of the 3 in a sign and trade... I think they will get one of the 3...