PDA

View Full Version : ESPN host thinks Howard will be a Laker at some point

Lakeshow86
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports-sentinel-sports-now/2011/02/22/espn-host-predicts-dwight-howard-will-be-with-lakers-in-future/comment-page-1/

I agree. I think Lakers wanted to get Howard instead of Melo. They simply dont like trading a big for a small. They never liked that unless it was Divac for Kobe and really possibly the main reason they did that is because they knew Shaq was comming so they were going to get a bigman anyway. Lakers love thier bigmen. We've always had them. Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Divac, Shaq, Bynum. The only time we didnt have a quality bigman is when we really sucked when Shq left during 05-07.

I think Lakers have lost patience with Bynum because of his constant injuries and passive, inconsistant play. In other words, hes always hurt and he doesnt have that killer instinct you'd expect from a 7 foot 285 pounder. Hes too much of a nice guy out there. But I dont think they are still willing to trade him for a small when Howard wants to come. Howard wants to be a movie star like player. Hollywood is the place to be.

Avenged
02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Lol. The media is doing this for every big star. Lebron, Wade, Melo, Bosh, Dwight etc..

leftymo
02-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Lakers always pride themselves at the Center position... so it makes sense.

The 7 footers are the key to our success.

Mikan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Pau
Howard?

BigCityofDreams
02-22-2011, 01:24 PM
It seems like Howard is the next big target. I can see him becoming a Laker because sooner rather than later he is going to want to play with another great player.

Hellcrooner
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
if we get him its gam eover for the league.

Pau Finesse making up for Howards offensive shortcomings
Howard strenght making up for Paus Defense.

Best frontcourt ......EVER?

J4KOP99
02-22-2011, 01:33 PM
if we get him its gam eover for the league.

Pau Finesse making up for Howards offensive shortcomings
Howard strenght making up for Paus Defense.

Best frontcourt ......EVER?

I would have to agree. But that is IF it happens. I still highly doubt this will ever happen. Seems to good to be true.

I don't even want to think about the possibilities yet... crazy things are going through my mind.

CLASSOF72
02-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Lol. The media is doing this for every big star. Lebron, Wade, Melo, Bosh, Dwight etc..

And then they're moved as predicted. Wade only stayed in Miami because LeWanda and Bosh were comming to join him. So I don't see what your lol'n at elite player trades is probably the biggest news in NBA media and probably the biggest post grabber in this forum.

Avenged
02-22-2011, 01:56 PM
And then they're moved as predicted. Wade only stayed in Miami because LeWanda and Bosh were comming to join him. So I don't see what your lol'n at elite player trades is probably the biggest news in NBA media and probably the biggest post grabber in this forum.
The exact teams were not predicted. Lebron was rumored to go to bunch of teams, so was Bosh.

Melo was rumored to go to a couple of teams as well.

Heck, Now Chris Paul and Deron are "rumored" to go to another team.

ANYONE can say "Superstar A will leave to so and so team", it's not rocket science. They fit in the pieces, cap situation, etc..

This isn't even a rumor, it's an opinion.

Storch
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
:bla:

We'll worry about this when the time comes.

KOBE24
02-22-2011, 02:12 PM
the stars are lining up on other teams, the lakers cant miss out on the next star or it will be a long time before we reach the finals again (once kobe is done of course)

Hunter48MVP
02-22-2011, 02:38 PM
We should have a Dwight Howard thread to keep all the rumors about him coming to LA

BigCityofDreams
02-22-2011, 02:58 PM
I would have to agree. But that is IF it happens. I still highly doubt this will ever happen. Seems to good to be true.

I don't even want to think about the possibilities yet... crazy things are going through my mind.

Back in the summer Knick fans thought getting Melo was too good to be true despite the fact that all signs pointed to NY. I remember hearing fans from DEN and NY media personalities go on and on about how there is no way Melo is going to leave Denver and end up on the Knicks. Many months later Melo is a Knick. :D

New Power House
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Lakers always pride themselves at the Center position... so it makes sense.

The 7 footers are the key to our success.

Mikan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
Pau
Howard?

Add Gasol too!

New Power House
02-22-2011, 03:22 PM
The exact teams were not predicted. Lebron was rumored to go to bunch of teams, so was Bosh.

Melo was rumored to go to a couple of teams as well.

Heck, Now Chris Paul and Deron are "rumored" to go to another team.

ANYONE can say "Superstar A will leave to so and so team", it's not rocket science. They fit in the pieces, cap situation, etc..

This isn't even a rumor, it's an opinion.

Howard himself expressed that if he got the opportunity he would love to play with Kobe. But I like just to say that I think that Howard at one point will be a Laker. Melo was rumored to go to many teams,but we all knew that he wanted to go to NY and also the guy in NO. Same with Lerun. They are going to form another fantastic trio. So Lakers are looking to form another fantastic trio with Kobe Gasol and Howard. Lakers next year will have the chips to make to big moves. Bynum,Odom,Puke, Brown,Barnes and many more are either close to end their deal or they are at the end of it. Plus they have the Sasha's trade exemption.

New Power House
02-22-2011, 03:25 PM

Howard will become a Lakers sooner than later. He wants a piece of glory before Kobe is gone! He knows Buss is a winner and he will be the center piece to maintain the tradition.:clap:

da wood
02-22-2011, 05:04 PM
sounds nice to me

Iron24th
02-22-2011, 05:16 PM
So good,can't wait,if it happens.

KillaInstinct24
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
you guys realize everyone is speculated to be a laker at some point in their career...hell they even thought lebron was a possibility. i for one, dont like this media garbage. he may or may not feel that way, but even if he does theres no guarantee. tmac wanted to be a laker too, look at him. things dont always happen the way the players want or these "basketball experts" predict. lets just focus on what we have in front of us

handle
02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
^^ Which is why Mitch should have been very aggressive about trying to get Carmelo.

Without getting into the scenarios, lux tax, trade pieces involved, etc, in a dream world I would have liked to have seen Bynum traded for Carmelo, and next year, Gasol traded for Dwight.

But I still have a feeling Dwight will end up on the Lakers...

Jewelz0376
02-22-2011, 07:28 PM
The players have all the power now unless there's some drastic change in the cba if D12 wants to play in LA he will...unlike the Knicks this year if the Lakers can't make a sign a trade they can simply just wait and sign him in free agency....THe only reason why the knicks couldn't do this was because of the new cba looming

kblo247
02-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Kobe started the recruiting
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/24258868#nba/24258868

Lakersfan2483
02-22-2011, 09:53 PM
I would love to see Dwight donning the purple and gold....

lakers4sho
02-22-2011, 09:59 PM
D12 in 2012

but for some reason transactions that get publicized by the media usually doesn't go well for the Lakers

ldawg
02-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Pau and Howard would be a nice pair the best twin towers yet.

ldawg
02-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Well some had it that Bynum would be the new king of La after Kobe. Well i got news for them not in this life time, Blake will be the new show in town if that was to happen. Can you picture Clippers being a big ticket over Lakers? But if Howard comes to town that changes that story. Sorry Bynum you are the average role playing center not the mega star type too unreliable and soft.

J4KOP99
02-22-2011, 10:19 PM

Great stuff.

handle
02-22-2011, 10:36 PM

Tampering :rolleyes:

New Power House
02-22-2011, 11:12 PM

There you go! He sounds very optimistic about the idea. He knows that to become the man he needs to be in Purple and Gold! He is coming. Also I want say that even Shaq mentioned his desire to be a Laker before the big Aristotle came to LA. Buss will get it done!

Mcdoh
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
cant wait for D12 to be in purple and gold.. what line up would be...nice

Emperor Kobe
02-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Don't see too many options this year but IF the rumors are true then even after Kobe retires to have a Pau and Dwight on the same team is just insanly great.

Hellcrooner
02-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Don't see too many options this year but IF the rumors are true then even after Kobe retires to have a Pau and Dwight on the same team is just insanly great.

pau will probably leave the team at the same time than kobe.
they expire at same time and he has an oath to play his last competitive years in Barcelona .

Iceman_9
02-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Howard is a great center so he will definitely play for the Lakers someday. :D

steven123l
02-23-2011, 01:44 AM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Want-Dwight-Howard-In-LA/191450680886920

Emperor Kobe
02-23-2011, 03:10 AM
pau will probably leave the team at the same time than kobe.
they expire at same time and he has an oath to play his last competitive years in Barcelona .

Maybe but I get a feeling that the way he takes care of himself both physicaly and mentaly I believe he would not give up a chance at more NBA titles.

GREATNESS ONE
02-23-2011, 04:14 AM
He's wearing number 31.

Marques24kobe
02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Now that Dwill got traded and no one saw it coming, its time to blow everyone away with Dwight Howard getting traded to the Laker. How awesome would that be.

BigCityofDreams
02-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Now that Dwill got traded and no one saw it coming, its time to blow everyone away with Dwight Howard getting traded to the Laker. How awesome would that be.

Wouldn't mind seeing it happen but it won't. The Magic think they have a chance ti win it all this yr.

numba1CHANGsta
02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing it happen but it won't. The Magic think they have a chance ti win it all this yr.

exactly, plus I think the Magic will make a move and not the Lakers, this may be Orlando's last chance to keep Dwight happy, but with all the competition out East, I dont see the Magic getting out of the second round...then we can trade for Dwight in the offseason ;) Kobe-Pau-Dwight will blow away any big three on any team!

IDB Josh M
02-23-2011, 06:27 PM
the stars are lining up on other teams, the lakers cant miss out on the next star or it will be a long time before we reach the finals again (once kobe is done of course)

Yah know, with Miami's big three, Carmelo teaming up with Amar'e (and possibly CP3) in NY, and whatever NJ is doing with D-Will and Brooke Lopez, Dwight Howard is the odd man out of the young superstars of the league.

numba1CHANGsta
02-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Yah know, with Miami's big three, Carmelo teaming up with Amar'e (and possibly CP3) in NY, and whatever NJ is doing with D-Will and Brooke Lopez, Dwight Howard is the odd man out of the young superstars of the league.

What if Orlando decides to get CP3 to keep Dwight happy? thats probably the only scenario i can see where Dwight decides to stay in Orlando. But of the looks of things right now, he aint sniffing the Conference Finals for many years to come cuz even when Boston start to decline, CHI, MIA, and NY will be better than ORL.

Question: Does Dwight have a no trade clause? Can he decide what team he chooses to go to if traded? Cuz im pretty sure D-Will didnt have one or else he wouldnt have gotten traded to NJ but Melo did have one.