PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Exit VS. Lebron Exit

Double_R
02-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Who do you have more respect for?

With Carmelo being traded to the team of his choice half way through the season, we have now seen two "faces of the franchise" leave that franchise for another.

Melo in a nut shell told the Nuggets that I'm not going to play for you next year, so you should trade me this year to the team I would like to sign with this offseason(also note that the only reason Melo decided to inform the Nuggets is because he stood to lose millions if he went to free agency and then signed with the Knicks) He also made the Nuggets take the deal of his choice, not theirs. In doing so, Melo showed us that he is not about winning by forcing the Knicks to trade mostly all their talent outside of Amare in order to guarantee getting Melo since he probably would have stayed in Denver if he went to free agency because of the money he would have possibly lost in not signing the extension. Anthony is expected to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Knicks. So Melo might have screwed Denver over in a way, but at least he left them with something (As a part of the deal, the Knicks will send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash, the sources said.)

Lebron and "The Decision"
Lebron didn't tell anyone in Cleveland before he told the world, thus leaving Cleveland with nothing but a 14 mil trade exception. He basically handcuffed that franchise and made them trade for aged Antwan Jamison and a contract that nobody wants around this time and then left in the summer. Instead of telling the Cavs he was leaving(which is something that he probably knew when they made the trade). However, Lebron didn't screw over his new team by making them gut their entire Roster outside of Wade for him to make more money(even though they did that to make room for both Bosh and Lebron).

My question is who do you have more respect for? Which actions seem more selfish? or would have rather been Lebron'd or Melo'd if they were on your team?

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6145912

Raoul Duke
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
I think Lebron's was worse, but this was pretty bad. This is like a lost season for Denver.

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Melo definitely, he did the Nuggs a favor by telling them that he was leaving and allowing them to get some assets in return. The fact that the Melo to NY trade is even in debate makes Melo the more honorable person. There is nothing to debate when Lebron left, he left the Cavs in shambles.

Minimal
02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Atleast LeBron played whole season for the Cavs.

BranWingss
02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Need a poll up. :)

ellisgw
02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
How is lebron worse ?

tangent12
02-22-2011, 11:48 AM
LeBron = TV show/Media circus
Melo = Media circus

Melo had the best exit out of the two but it still was almost as annoying as LeBrons.

ellisgw
02-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Melo definitely, he did the Nuggs a favor by telling them that he was leaving and allowing them to get some assets in return. The fact that the Melo to NY trade is even in debate makes Melo the more honorable person. There is nothing to debate when Lebron left, he left the Cavs in shambles.

so your blaming a guy because he did not know his future in what he wanted to do

The Jokemaker
02-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Carmelo by far. Did he go on a tour around the country visiting teams and then host a TV special announcing his "decision"? Nope. He requested a trade and that was it. He wasn't the one who really made it public, it was more the Nets and Nuggets trade talks that made it a topic of conversation. He didn't come out every night saying "trade me to new YORK!!!!"

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
so your blaming a guy because he did not know his future in what he wanted to do

He knew. But you're free to believe whatever you want.

ellisgw
02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
He knew. But you're free to believe whatever you want.

lebron did not what team he wanted to go during last year season lol

are you serious haha

Double_R
02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Need a poll up. :)

started to, then got busy actually working. Now it's too late, I think?

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 11:55 AM

are you serious haha

Do you also believe that he doesnt know the meaning of contraction? Lol

ellisgw
02-22-2011, 11:57 AM
people who say melo basically are saying its better for a player to wanted a trade during the season which effects players, their families and their basketball game. while the other way is standard free agency with crazy tv show that had no effect on anybody personally.

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 11:58 AM
people who say melo basically are saying its better for a player to wanted a trade during the season which effects players, their families and their basketball game. while the other way is standard free agency with crazy tv show that had no effect on anybody personally.

You need to tell Dan Gilbert that

29$JerZ
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
LeBron played out his contract but had a TV special disowning his team
Melo got the Nuggets good value for hiim and the media only was bad in NY/NJ
Imo it's still LeBron but neither were right

Rentzias
02-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Erm, pretty sure he did. For a long time.

What was Cleveland able to recoup from the loss of LeBron? What was Denver able to get from Carmelo leaving? Measure from that.

gwrighter
02-22-2011, 12:03 PM

are you serious haha

Bosh, Wade and LBJ all signed exactly the same 4 year extensions with their respective teams to have the ability to play with each other if they so desired after their extensions expired. This is what Bryan Colangelo said..paraphrasing of course.

madiaz3
02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Why don't you ask Denver fans how they feel, I don't think they're holding any grudges against Melo. What they had wasn't working, and needed a great shakeup of talented youth which is what they got.

ellisgw
02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
You need to tell Dan Gilbert that

are serious ...... a owner that is soooo rich and will never work again. please did not mention dan gilbert again. he rich moron owner who switches company multiple times to become richer and complains about lebron moving. feeling sorry for super rich owners lol you have got to be kidding me lol

WatWoudJordanDo
02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
everyones gonna say they respect melo's actions more...melo forced his way to his hometown team, lebron left his...

Big Zo
02-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Obviously LeBron's will be thought of as the worst because of the TV special. However, Melo left a good team with a winning record in the middle of the season to go to a worse team that may or may not get better.

Raph12
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Melo's departure was much classier, he let the franchise know he wasn't staying and they were able to get as much value as they could for him... Lebron just shocked them by leaving and then announced it on live tv lol.

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
are serious ...... a owner that is soooo rich and will never work again. please did not mention dan gilbert again. he rich moron owner who switches company multiple times to become richer and complains about lebron moving. feeling sorry for super rich owners lol you have got to be kidding me lol

Then dont ask me to sympathize with Lebron James either, if you have no feelings for the super rich.

Im not an imbecile to believe that he didnt know where he was going.

There is a reason why "getting lebron'd" is actually a verb now in the English lexicon.

Dnovakovic099
02-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Why don't you ask Denver fans how they feel, I don't think they're holding any grudges against Melo. What they had wasn't working, and needed a great shakeup of talented youth which is what they got.

This. Denver isn't going to be bad at all. They are a borderline playoff team in the west, and a sure cut playoff team in the east. A line up of:

Lawson
Smith
Gallinari
Martin
Nene

isn't awful at all. Plus they can trade Mozgov and Felton for two first round picks from New Jersey. This would land them a decent starting five with 3 first round picks! Imagine if they get lucky in the lottery and get Sullinger. Then add a couple of other pieces and they end up a pretty decent team. Add that to saving a **** load of money especially after Martins contract runs out...

A future of Lawson, Gallinari, and Nene coupled with a shitload of draft picks might actually be better then what the had because they were never going to win a title with that team anyway.

Double_R
02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
everyones gonna say they respect melo's actions more...melo forced his way to his hometown team, lebron left his...

I would say that if I was a Nuggets or Cavs fan I would say that Lebron did me worse. If I was a Heat or Knicks fan I would say Melo did me worse. As a person, it's a toss up, Melo went for strictly money and Lebron left his roots and a chance at a non watered down championship.

sexicano31
02-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Melo. Lebron has let everything go to his head. He had a birthday "tour" where you had to pay between 50,000-500,000 to go to the party(ies). Know where that money went? Him

Jsoul101
02-22-2011, 12:19 PM
If only the Cavs have won the playoffs or even just beat the celtics bron bron mightve stayed at cleveland melo just wanted to play for knicks
melodrama was boring tho

ellisgw
02-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Bosh, Wade and LBJ all signed exactly the same 4 year extensions with their respective teams to have the ability to play with each other if they so desired after their extensions expired. This is what Bryan Colangelo said..paraphrasing of course.

this still does not mean they knew they were going to player for each. this gives great options when they are free agents. i guess amare and carlos boozer knew where they going.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 12:23 PM
If only the Cavs have won the playoffs or even just beat the celtics bron bron mightve stayed at cleveland melo just wanted to play for knicks
melodrama was boring tho

I don't think LeBron was ever staying in Cleveland. He was planning for his future long before "The Decision." His performance in the last playoffs only solidifies it.

bmac_121
02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
LeBron's was much worse imo. Nuggets got back good compensation for Melo, it wasn't done like "the decision", and Melo didn't grow up outside Denver like LeBron in Cleveland(Akron). They are 2 very different situations.

valade16
02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
this still does not mean they knew they were going to player for each. this gives great options when they are free agents. i guess amare and carlos boozer knew where they going.

Lenny Ravitz said he heard Lebron to the heat a full year before it happened...

And amare knew exactly where he was going, to whoever offered him a max deal. He said flat out if PHO offered one he'd still be there...

Your defense of the moron named LeBron is starting to get tiresome.

skinz4life
02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
melo at least gave the nuggets an oppertunity to get someone in return. Chandler, Gallo and felton not bad at all maybe to much from the knicks. Cavs got nothing and they arte now the worst team in the league. To me its easy Melo gave his old team a chance to get some quality players and Lebron screwed the Cavs. I am a knick fan so i am somewhat happy. I will miss chandler though he has a huge upside imo.

JoeyDubb23
02-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Not being a homer cause melo is now a knick but Lebrons was way worse.
The cavs got nothing for bron and the nuggets raped in thier deal.

Also i felt like lebron gave up on the cavs againt the celtics last year,
while even tho not the playoffs just last week melo went for 50 and a couple 40 pt games for the nugs with one a game winner and him going nuts.

xxplayerxx23
02-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Knick vs heat thread?

JordansBulls
02-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Lebron's because he had a TV show on his decision.

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Melo. Lebron has let everything go to his head. He had a birthday "tour" where you had to pay between 50,000-500,000 to go to the party(ies). Know where that money went? Him

You guys are ridiculous... So you're telling me that if there are people dumb enough to spend $100,000 to get into his party, (which I know there were probably plenty) that that is somehow his fault? Who else should get that money?!?! The club it was at?!?! NO.. if its 20 bucks to get into a place 364 days out of a year, but the one night Lebron has a party there the price multiplies by 1,000, do you really think the club should get that?!? You can't be mad at Lebron for being a smart businessman... You guys don't rip Steve Jobs for charging 2,000 dollars a computer...

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Why are so many people on the owners side of this deal?

LeBron played out his contract and left, like ANY other player in the NBA does. It isn't his fault that he was Mr.ESPN and got 24 /7 coverage. "The Decision" on the other hand was a TERRIBLE PR move, and made him the bad guy he wanted to be (I believe).

Melo on the other hand told his team "I'm not coming back. Who cares if we're playing well, I don't want to be here anymore. Trade me to NYC". And got what he wanted. If you like that, over someone playing out the contract they signed I don't understand. Is Amare a ******* for leaving Phoenix high and dry too? What about Mike Miller leaving Washington last year? Carlos Boozer is obviously a terd for leaving Utah without any compensation.

pd1dish
02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
imo, melo didnt really do anything wrong (and neither did lebron, imo). they were both players whos teams failed to get deals done to make those teams championship teams. rather than chasing where they will make the most money like a lot of people do, they chose to go where they can win and maybe make a legacy for themselves. when did that become wrong? and i know people talk about the way they have gone about doing it, but the fact is that no matter the way they tried to get out of their previous situation, they would have been ridiculed.

every one is getting mad at melo because he made it clear that he didnt want to be in denver. however, i think that if D rose wanted out of chicago, id rather have him tell the team and make it clear so that we can make a trade, rather than waiting for FA and just leaving chicago high and dry. that is why melo handled this better. pretty much every cleveland fan i knew living in columbus believed and had high hopes that he was going to resign with them and then he just up and left for miami. he didnt give any notice until he was already and FA.

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 12:46 PM
And as far as my opinion on this... Melo's was worse. Melo took it upon himself to make himself a free agent while he is under contract with another team. How is that better than Lebron leaving Cleveland during free agency? Because Lebron did his on a TV show?!?!? You guys are delirious. Once again, that's just Lebron being a good businessman... Disagree? I think the facts will prove you wrong... 10 million people watched Lebron's decision... Popular decision? No... Smart one? OBVIOUSLY

Rentzias
02-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Melo did the equivalent of, "I think we should start seeing other people." LeBron's was the equivalent of breaking up with your girlfriend on the Dallas Jumbotron during the Super Bowl.

Rentzias
02-22-2011, 12:47 PM
And as far as my opinion on this... Melo's was worse. Melo took it upon himself to make himself a free agent while he is under contract with another team. How is that better than Lebron leaving Cleveland during free agency? Because Lebron did his on a TV show?!?!? You guys are delirious. Once again, that's just Lebron being a good businessman... Disagree? I think the facts will prove you wrong... 10 million people watched Lebron's decision... Popular decision? No... Smart one? OBVIOUSLY

You're probably the guy who doesn't give the job he's leaving a two-week notice, and then burns on them when he leaves, as they're scrambling to fill the spot.

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 12:49 PM
You're probably the guy who doesn't give the job he's leaving a two-week notice, and then burns on them when he leaves, as they're scrambling to fill the spot.

So Melo did it better than every free agent who's left the team they played for in free agency huh?

Why don't we abolish FA all together and just let the players tell the team when they've gotten tired of playing for them and want to go somewhere else. That makes sense.

Johann
02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
at least denver gets assets back...

lvlheaded
Both exits were awful but Melo at least allowed Denver to get a good return for him...LeBron got CLE a TPE and like 2 late 1st rounders.

Melo's wasnt as bad as LeBrons

BigBlueCrew

Melo did not make himself a free agent. Denver didn't HAVE to trade Melo, they CHOSE to trade him so they could get some players and picks back. As for the extension that is Melo's right to decide who he wants to extend with just like it was Lebron's right to determine who he wants to sign with.

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 12:52 PM

Wow, you are quite irrelevant my friend. And Dan Gilbert gave the notice for him... It was a 7 year notice.. Year after year, he pretty much told Lebron "I am not getting you help this year, and it isn't coming next year either."

Lebron HAD to leave Cleveland... LOOK AT THAT TEAM! :facepalm:

Rentzias
02-22-2011, 12:53 PM
So Melo did it better than every free agent who's left the team they played for in free agency huh?

Why don't we abolish FA all together and just let the players tell the team when they've gotten tired of playing for them and want to go somewhere else. That makes sense.

Why did you quote what I said then say something on a totally different tangent?

Again, OP is LeBron exit v Melo exit. Tell me who left their teams in better shape?

Create
02-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Melo's was more annoying.

LeBron was most douche-bag-like.

valade16
02-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Melo on the other hand told his team "I'm not coming back. Who cares if we're playing well, I don't want to be here anymore. Trade me to NYC". And got what he wanted. If you like that, over someone playing out the contract they signed I don't understand. Is Amare a ******* for leaving Phoenix high and dry too? What about Mike Miller leaving Washington last year? Carlos Boozer is obviously a terd for leaving Utah without any compensation.

Do you really think CLE owner was the only guy affected by Bron leaving? How about all those fans who saw him as their franchise hometown hero?

Funny you say 'Melo left a team saying "who cares if were playing well" when the Cavs were playing just as well if not better the year before Bron left. Hypocrisy much?

And Melo let the nugs know his intentions. Yes Bron played out his contract, im fine with that. That isnt what makes his worse. What makes his wprse was that he didnt let his intentions be known And left them high and dry on a TV show. Thats what makes it worse.

And in regards to amare leavin, completely different. NY offered him a max, guaranteed deal, pho didnt. He's already said if pho offered the same thing NY did he'd have stayed.

Heater4life
02-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Im not going to pick either or but i will breakdown the two:

Carmelo: Carmelo's situation was very simple, I want out. Didnt say anything publicly, but it was a well known fact his wishes were to play elsewhere. Although it seems like a better oppurtunity for Denver to start the rebuilding process, lets be honest, Denver was handcuffed by Anthony.

Lets face it, the New York deal wasnt the best option for Denver. New Jerseys package was far and beyond a better option. (a young quality starting PG, a lottery PF, and 4 1st roung picks) But it didnt matter because it wasnt what Carmelo wanted.

The distraction it became to the team could be seen by a blind man. Constant rumors, constant speculation, constant drama. It became a botched season for everyone from the get go. Everyone fully aware that they were not working towards anything, that it wasnt an if but when proposition. The games, the seeding, and the wins became pointless for everyone.

Effect it had an teamates traded with him. Although its a part of the game and im not here to spurn Anthony for this, but players like Chauncey Billups didnt want to leave Denver. He wanted to retire a Nugget. Anthony got his wish but remember he did so while spurning anothers.

Lebron: He made his "decision" without involving anyone else. For the argument in which people say "if he knew he was going to leave he should have demanded a trade", well his team had the best record in the NBA two years running, i dont think he had decided to leave as much as he had left the option open as a "just in case this doesnt work". If the Cavs win Lebron doesnt leave. He wasnt rotting on a lower seeded team like Anthony to demand a trade.

"the decision" is what hurts the most, because we all expected him to re-sign with the Cavs. Although, the 4 million raised gets negated and ignored, i doubt he would do it the same. Fact is were angry Lebron left Cleveland/didnt go to our team, but he never forced anyone to do anything rash, nor did he ever bring down his team or teamates.

It is what it is. Honestly, these are just sports and these guys dont owe anything to anyone. Good for both of them. Kobe might not be a Laker if Kupchek doesnt get Gasol. It isnt the players fault for wanting to win, and pushing their respective teams hands.

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Why did you quote what I said then say something on a totally different tangent?

Again, OP is LeBron exit v Melo exit. Tell me who left their teams in better shape?

Why would you reference the OP and then not quote the first sentence. "Tell me who you have more respect for"

I have respect for the player that did it the regular way and played out his contract as opposed to the one that left mid-season and demanded to go to 1 city the whole way through.

Atticus Finch

LeBron played out his contract and left, like ANY other player in the NBA does. It isn't his fault that he was Mr.ESPN and got 24 /7 coverage. "The Decision" on the other hand was a TERRIBLE PR move, and made him the bad guy he wanted to be (I believe).

I'm pretty sure Lebron and his people sold ESPN on the idea of having the decision, not the other way around.

X12Celtics3

The thing is that 'Melo knew what he wanted and it made clear, allowing the organization to make a good decision based on the facts they have. They could have kept him on the team and let him play out his contract knowing that he would want to leave in the off-season, or they could trade him for as much value as they could get to put their team in a good position heading into the future.

With James, I don't think (although I obviously don't know for sure) that he ever intended to resign with Cleveland. Had he made it clear that he was planning on leaving in the off-season, the team could have decided to either let him play out his contract or trade him. However, James never made it clear, and so Cleveland kept him in hopes of him resigning in the off-season. James left amidst the most ridiculous media circus in the history of professional sports, leaving his hometown team in the process. Basically everything Lebron did made him look like as @$$, while with Carmelo Anthony you can at least debate that he handled it in a better way.

Rentzias
02-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Dan Gilbert gave the notice for him... It was a 7 year notice.. Year after year, he pretty much told Lebron "I am not getting you help this year, and it isn't coming next year either."

Ok, if you say so. I'm coming from a Nugget team that got out of the first round of the playoffs ONCE in those seven years. Sorry, I didn't get spoiled on a Finals and ECF, and ECS bunch of appearances. Poor guy.

LakersKB24
02-22-2011, 01:01 PM
At least Melo gave the team that drafted him the chance to get something in return. It was the Nuggets fault that the whole thing took so long. Melo said them he was going to leave for New York, if they dont want to just let him go they have to trade him.
It was up to the FO to do the right thing for the franchise.
Somebody in this thread said that Melo cost them a season. Thats not true!
They werent going to win the title this season anyway. I dont think holding on to Melo and having the season end in an early playoff exit would have benefited them at all.

As far as the "melodrama" is concerned: I dont really blame Melo for it. That was all media hype, he acted the right way most of the time.
Melo gets to play with the team he wanted to, the Knicks got their second superstar caliber player and the Nuggets got some decent players so they wont fall completely apart like the Cavs. Time to move on to Dwight :D

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Ok, if you say so. I'm coming from a Nugget team that got out of the first round of the playoffs ONCE in those seven years. Sorry, I didn't get spoiled on a Finals and ECF, and ECS bunch of appearances. Poor guy.

Lol, get spoiled?!?! The Cavaliers were blessed to have Lebron for as long as they did. It is completely evident now that the ONE AND ONLY reason the Cavs even made the playoffs was Lebron. That team is the exact same minus LBJ, Big Z and Delonte West. Are you really trying to tell me they went first to last because West isn't there anymore? Child, please

shep33
02-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I'll say this, Melo didn't really throw the Nuggets under the bus. He told them that he wanted to be traded, and they got massive value back. Cleveland and Toronto got nothing back, because their Bosh and LBJ didn't even give them the chance to shop them. They gave the impression that there was a chance they'd be back to their respective teams.

If LBJ or Bosh said they wanted to leave during the year like Melo did, Melo actually said it in the offseason really. That's when the rumors came up, so he gave the Nuggets over half a season to deal him.

I'm fine with LBJ and Bosh going to Miami, but if I were to choose getting something back vs. not getting anything I'd choose getting value back. The Cavs and Raps have nothing to show for LBJ and Bosh leaving, while Denver now does.

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Do you really think CLE owner was the only guy affected by Bron leaving? How about all those fans who saw him as their franchise hometown hero?
Denver fans saw their superstar demanding a trade for 4-5 months now. Just as bad.

Funny you say 'Melo left a team saying "who cares if were playing well" when the Cavs were playing just as well if not better the year before Bron left. Hypocrisy much?

And Melo let the nugs know his intentions. Yes Bron played out his contract, im fine with that. That isnt what makes his worse. What makes his wprse was that he didnt let his intentions be known And left them high and dry on a TV show. Thats what makes it worse.
He didn't let his intentions be known? Amare saying "I WANT NYC" in december 2009 would've been better? Boozer saying "I WANT CHI-TOWN" in February of 2010 would've been better? I don't understand why people are mad at LeBron for the way he left (minus the TV show :laugh2: but not any other FA that's left a team)
"The decision" was a bad move on the surface, I agree with you on that. But it was smart marketing for him.

And in regards to amare leavin, completely different. NY offered him a max, guaranteed deal, pho didnt. He's already said if pho offered the same thing NY did he'd have stayed.

Never saw that one anywhere. Wasn't phoenix offering the 6th year to Stat? Could be wrong.

beasted86
02-22-2011, 01:04 PM

So Carmelo would rather leave a team that got first - third round exits the past 7 years to go to a team that hasn't made the playoffs the past 7 years?

Let's not fool ourselves into believing this had anything to do with winning right now like LeBron's decision was based on. Knicks have no chance of winning the championship this year, and likely not even next year since they have to save cap space for the summer of 2012. He's more than likely facing 1st or 2nd round exits this year AND next.

He wanted to go to NY because he wanted to go to NY. Simple as that.

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm pretty sure Lebron and his people sold ESPN on the idea of having the decision, not the other way around.

Obviously. I was talking about the months in between the last Cavs - Celtics game and "The Decision".

John Walls Era
02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Melo annoyed more people during the process.

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
So Carmelo would rather leave a team that got first - third round exits the past 7 years to go to a team that hasn't made the playoffs the past 7 years?

Let's not fool ourselves into believing this had anything to do with winning right now like LeBron's decision was based on. Knicks have no chance of winning the championship this year, and likely not even next year since they have to save cap space for the summer of 2012. He's more than likely facing 1st or 2nd round exits this year AND next.

What a post.. So true, we all knew NJ, Dallas and even LA weren't going to happen...

beasted86
02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Honestly, I don't see that big of a problem with the way either of them left their team.

Unless they sat out like Marbury and demanded a move, that's the only way you can hate on them. They both played well up until the point they left the team, and were helping their teams win games.

Atticus Finch
02-22-2011, 01:09 PM
I dont think what Melo did was wrong, I think people are just irritated by the fact that he refused to sign an extension with the Nets. He had no desire to stay in Denver anymore, didn't sign the extension with the nuggets, and let it be known he would only sign an extension in NY. Carmelo to NJ was never going to happen, why would he force his way out of somewhere he doesn't want to be only to be in the same situation for another 3 years?

NYK|NYY
02-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Too much evidence that Lebron not only knew he was leaving but knew where he was going also, which makes him look so bad. But lets be honest, Carmelo benefited by watching Lebron walk the plank first and figured out what to do from there.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Lol, get spoiled?!?! The Cavaliers were blessed to have Lebron for as long as they did. It is completely evident now that the ONE AND ONLY reason the Cavs even made the playoffs was Lebron. That team is the exact same minus LBJ, Big Z and Delonte West. Are you really trying to tell me they went first to last because West isn't there anymore? Child, please

Really "Blessed"? It felt like a big tease.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Honestly, I don't see that big of a problem with the way either of them left their team.

Unless they sat out like Marbury and demanded a move, that's the only way you can hate on them. They both played well up until the point they left the team, and were helping their teams win games.

I'm not exactly sure LeBron played well until the point he left. Did you see the Celtics series last year? That's a new series of "Quitness" shirts have surfaced upon fans.

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Really "Blessed"? It felt like a big tease.

So you'd rather have never been good? As a Pacer fan, sure it hurt losing to the Lakers in those Finals, but I got to watch my team in the Finals! There's nothing like being able to root for your basketball team in July... Too bad neither of us will be doing that for decades lol...

ghettosean
02-22-2011, 01:17 PM
I just joined this forum just because I can't believe what I'm reading!!! How can people defend Lebron in this forum. Yes Melo left his team during the season but he did not leave his team in complete shambles like Lebron did. Lebron also publicly disowned himself from his home team and state infront of millons of viewers. Melo didn't make himself public he told ownership behind closed doors that he wanted to leave to make sure his team got something back in return for him leaving. It doesn't matter if Lebron knew where he was going all that matters is he knew he was going and look at the Cavs now... They got virtually nothing in return for the best player on the planet. If anyone thinks thats fair or that Lebrons departure was more respectful then your mama dropped you on your head too many times when you were a baby and you need your head examined. SERIOUSLY!!!

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm not exactly sure LeBron played well until the point he left. Did you see the Celtics series last year? That's a new series of "Quitness" shirts have surfaced upon fans.

Didn't he have 27 points 20 boards and 10 assists in that last game?

I sure do wish Iguodala would quit like that nightly :laugh2:

Avenged
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
At the end of the day, they're both gone.

It was Lebron's choice to leave.

It wasn't Melo's since he got traded. Despite the reports of him coming out and saying he wasn't going to sign in Denver, at the end of the day he still got traded.

It's a fans own bias on which one was worse.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 01:21 PM

wrong. lebron was gonna release it on his website so it would get people to check out his new website but maverick carter and espn had a better idea. and evidently it worked. 1 in 4 homes tuned in to watch the decision. thats crazy. how can you bash something that got the best rating for a news program on espn. i think they both handled it their way but their talents blew it out of proportion. melo demanded a trade to a team of his choice but put a burden on both the knicks and the nuggets for more than the season. while lebron didnt answer questions last season and worked the rest of his contract off and left his team @$$ out in a thorn bush. pretty much what i got from this is expiring contracts for a star now is annoying lol. and no matter what happens the fans wont b happy

Arch Stanton
So you'd rather have never been good? As a Pacer fan, sure it hurt losing to the Lakers in those Finals, but I got to watch my team in the Finals! There's nothing like being able to root for your basketball team in July... Too bad neither of us will be doing that for decades lol...

As a Cleveland fan I'm tired of watching teams almost make it. The Indians of the 90's and 2007. The Cavs the past few years. Of course, hindsight is 20/20. But I wish the Cavs would've traded LeBron two years ago. Some of the responsibility definitely goes on Gilbert and management. They should of offered and extension and if LeBron wouldn't sign it they should've traded him. But it was also a unique situation because LeBron was from NE Ohio. They didn't think he would leave.

topdog
Not a big fan of "superstars" creating these big controversies, making demands, ect. but at least Melo told his team (more-or-less) that he wouldn't re-sign and gave them the opportunity to milk a lot out of New York. Granted he stood to lose money.

Lebron was mum on the whole deal but seemed to have made his "decision" awhile back so he ended up getting the Cavs a couple of late 1st rounders and a trade exception. Not to mention the public disgrace of the franchise in being dumped on national t.v.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 01:23 PM

27 19 and 10 to be exact and yea i wish i had the skills the skills to quit and still be that good :sigh:

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 01:24 PM

It was more about consistency. In one game he went off then in the next game he had a ton of turnovers, his funny bone hurt, and he was dreaming about South Beach.

Double_R
02-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I just joined this forum just because I can't believe what I'm reading!!! How can people defend Lebron in this forum. Yes Melo left his team during the season but he did not leave his team in complete shambles like Lebron did. Lebron also publicly disowned himself from his home team and state infront of millons of viewers. Melo didn't make himself public he told ownership behind closed doors that he wanted to leave to make sure his team got something back in return for him leaving. It doesn't matter if Lebron knew where he was going all that matters is he knew he was going and look at the Cavs now... They got virtually nothing in return for the best player on the planet. If anyone thinks thats fair or that Lebrons departure was more respectful then your mama dropped you on your head too many times when you were a baby and you need your head examined. SERIOUSLY!!!

I banged this chick one night in Jacksonville that had GhettoSean tatted on her inner thigh, she was pretty hot minus that, hope your ex/girl doesn't live in Jax, if she does...I would get rid of her

Back to what you posted... I happen to agree with you, however, when you compare the 2 situations, Melo did pretty much dictate and hold the Nuggets hostage(since they could have had a better package with the Nets). He also made them trade him soley based on the fact that he knew if he waited until free agency he wasn't going to get paid like he is now; also the Knicks would have been far better off if he had waited to go there during free agency, so essentially Melo was all about the MONEY.

tr3ymill3r
02-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Melo was straight forward and let the Nuggets and everyone know for months that he wanted to be a Knick. LeBron just wanted more attention and thought that by having "The Decision" raise money for the boys and girls club it would deflect any of the bad attention. LeBron had to do "The Decision" because he's really a dumb person, he didn't have the grades in high school to go to college. It's terrible that we all know how ignorant he is, but when you're a superstar your life is put into the public. Melo was straight forward whereas LeBron just wanted to stroke his ego.

Lloyd Christmas
02-22-2011, 01:26 PM
How is this all Carmelo's fault? The Nuggets tried to sign him to an extension and he refused. He played out his contract just like Lebron. Look at the Nuggets record with Carmelo right now. He didn't quit on his team. The Nuggets had the choice of playing the rest of the year out with him or trading him for value. That was their choice. Lebron gave the Cavs no option. He just railroaded them.

The annoyance of this whole situation was the media's fault.

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
It's pretty obvious that neither had any intention of staying. Melo let the Nuggets know ahead of time and didn't hold them hostage. He didn't stop them from trading him to NJ. He would have reported. He has every right to refuse a 3 yr deal. He doesn't owe DEN signing 3 years away of his life.

beasted86
02-22-2011, 01:29 PM

Hey, he could have fooled me.

Guys who quit normally don't averaged 27 PPG, 9 REB, 8 AST on 45% FG against one of the best defenses in the NBA.

And either way, even the haters of all haters say he quit in Game 5. What does that mean happened in the first 4 games of the series when he was trying his best? He also put up 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 assist following the game he supposedly "quit" and they lost anyway.

He did play well up until he left and fulfilled his contract, just like Carmelo.

PhillyFaninLA
I haven't read anything in this topic except the title nor will I. I won't be coming back in either.

I opened this link to say one thing.

People need to move on from the whole Lebron thing. Holding onto that for this long is pointless and only fuels negativity and hate. Move on from this nonsense.

Dallas Tx4Life
As a Cleveland fan I'm tired of watching teams almost make it. The Indians of the 90's and 2007. The Cavs the past few years. Of course, hindsight is 20/20. But I wish the Cavs would've traded LeBron two years ago. Some of the responsibility definitely goes on Gilbert and management. They should of offered and extension and if LeBron wouldn't sign it they should've traded him. But it was also a unique situation because LeBron was from NE Ohio. They didn't think he would leave.

It's refreshing to see a Cavalier fan that can put some of the blame on Gilbert... I mean, come on. He forced Lebron to leave. Look at that team... He never got Lebron any help. I mean did he really think 2 post players 10 years past their prime (Shaq and Jamison) would get them over the hump? It's pretty simple when you try and figure out what that team needed... Any body.. Lol... Some one that is better than average. They had a bunch of 12th-15th men on that team.

In the final series vs the Celtics, this is how I would rank the players on the court....
1.Lebron
2-5. Paul Pierce, Rondo, KG, Ray Allen
6.Big baby davis
7.tony allen
8.shaq maybe...

So they had Lebron, the best player on the court...But the Celtics had pretty much the next 10 best players on the court. That is just ridiculous and Dan Gilbert should be ashamed at the horrendous job he did.

Anilyzer
Lebron was cooler. He got himself into the position where he had all the power, and then
he went to the team he wanted.

Carmelo didn't really have a choice, but he didn't convince Denver that he might stay, so he got dragged through the mud for the entire season and completely dissed by Denver, and ultimately NY had to send a handful of journeyman/reserves in exchange for him.

You saw how Denver was constantlyl trying to paint Carmelo as the bad guy. It would've been cooler for him to just completely own them the way that Lebron owned Cleveland

funkybudda
02-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Who do you have more respect for?

With Carmelo being traded to the team of his choice half way through the season, we have now seen two "faces of the franchise" leave that franchise for another.

Melo in a nut shell told the Nuggets that I'm not going to play for you next year, so you should trade me this year to the team I would like to sign with this offseason(also note that the only reason Melo decided to inform the Nuggets is because he stood to lose millions if he went to free agency and then signed with the Knicks) He also made the Nuggets take the deal of his choice, not theirs. In doing so, Melo showed us that he is not about winning by forcing the Knicks to trade mostly all their talent outside of Amare in order to guarantee getting Melo since he probably would have stayed in Denver if he went to free agency because of the money he would have possibly lost in not signing the extension. Anthony is expected to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Knicks. So Melo might have screwed Denver over in a way, but at least he left them with something (As a part of the deal, the Knicks will send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash, the sources said.)

Lebron and "The Decision"
Lebron didn't tell anyone in Cleveland before he told the world, thus leaving Cleveland with nothing but a 14 mil trade exception. He basically handcuffed that franchise and made them trade for aged Antwan Jamison and a contract that nobody wants around this time and then left in the summer. Instead of telling the Cavs he was leaving(which is something that he probably knew when they made the trade). However, Lebron didn't screw over his new team by making them gut their entire Roster outside of Wade for him to make more money(even though they did that to make room for both Bosh and Lebron).

My question is who do you have more respect for? Which actions seem more selfish? or would have rather been Lebron'd or Melo'd if they were on your team?

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6145912

this post is full of personal opinions (i.e. Melo is not about winning, ROFL?), true epic fail.

Anilyzer
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
LoL "The Decision". It just gets better and better with time. I mean how epic is that?

Anilyzer
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Carmelo is a layup with an assist.

Lebron is a dunk that smashes the backboard and tears down the rim.

Lebron.

JNA17
02-22-2011, 01:33 PM
cavs lost lebron for nothing without warning and denver got a lot for melo. That is all

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 01:33 PM

stay off PSD!!!!! lol jk.
A. his team was shambles. the best player he played with during his tenure was mo effing williams. besides that he had players like larry hughes, boobie, gooden and old big z with no pllayer ever averaging more than 15. can melo say the same? didnt think so he had a.i., billups, j.r. (who is a great bench player), and a solid big man rotation

B. melo was public from the beginning being completely honest with everything which in my opinion did make it harder for the team. not only the nuggets but the knicks too like i posted earlier. trade rumors make it harder to play look at ray allen last year. and it also makes it harder for the team that wants to trade because they dont have as much leverage if the player is making all his feeling known.

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Carmelo is a layup with an assist.

Lebron is a dunk that smashes the backboard and tears down the rim.

Lebron.

LoL "The Decision". It just gets better and better with time. I mean how epic is that?

LOL... Everything this guy said!

Atticus Finch
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
It's pretty obvious that neither had any intention of staying. Melo let the Nuggets know ahead of time and didn't hold them hostage. He didn't stop them from trading him to NJ. He would have reported. He has every right to refuse a 3 yr deal. He doesn't owe DEN signing 3 years away of his life.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Denver was trying to trade Carmelo+3 year extension, not just Carmelo. Denver could have easily traded away Carmelo without the extension and still got something back in return.

Dallas Tx4Life
02-22-2011, 01:36 PM
stay off PSD!!!!! lol jk.
A. his team was shambles. the best player he played with during his tenure was mo effing williams. besides that he had players like larry hughes, boobie, gooden and old big z with no pllayer ever averaging more than 15. can melo say the same? didnt think so he had a.i., billups, j.r. (who is a great bench player), and a solid big man rotation

Thank you!!! This guy just adds to the validity of the fact that Lebron had NOBODY

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 01:39 PM
It's refreshing to see a Cavalier fan that can put some of the blame on Gilbert... I mean, come on. He forced Lebron to leave. Look at that team... He never got Lebron any help. I mean did he really think 2 post players 10 years past their prime (Shaq and Jamison) would get them over the hump? It's pretty simple when you try and figure out what that team needed... Any body.. Lol... Some one that is better than average. They had a bunch of 12th-15th men on that team.

In the final series vs the Celtics, this is how I would rank the players on the court....
1.Lebron
6.Big baby davis
7.tony allen
8.shaq maybe...

So they had Lebron, the best player on the court...But the Celtics had pretty much the next 10 best players on the court. That is just ridiculous and Dan Gilbert should be ashamed at the horrendous job he did.

Of course I place some of the blame on Gilbert. People love to say he didn't provide LeBron with any help. But it's not like he didn't try. He made some bad decisions.

Double_R
02-22-2011, 01:41 PM
this post is full of personal opinions (i.e. Melo is not about winning, ROFL?), true epic fail.

It is for sure, that is why I asked you what you thought? However, if Melo was more about winning than he is about the money, he would have left during free agency, thus keeping the entire Knicks team intact and their chances of winning a lot higher.

Arch Stanton
Hey, he could have fooled me.

Guys who quit normally don't averaged 27 PPG, 9 REB, 8 AST on 45% FG against one of the best defenses in the NBA.

And either way, even the haters of all haters say he quit in Game 5. What does that mean happened in the first 4 games of the series when he was trying his best? He also put up 27 points, 19 rebounds, and 10 assist following the game he supposedly "quit" and they lost anyway.

He did play well up until he left and fulfilled his contract, just like Carmelo.

In that series I saw a guy give up on his team. Of course I watched him consistently for 7 years and you've watched him for half a season.

Steelers23_06

1.Lebron
6.Big baby davis
7.tony allen
8.shaq maybe...

i never thought of it like that...thats crazy.

Rentzias
02-22-2011, 01:42 PM

My point wasn't re: Melo's mindset, it was re: the poster I responded to's mindset, seeing as I agree with everything you've said.

bootleg42
02-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Renaldo Balkman's exit was the greatest of all time. The man didn't even need the ESPN special because he got Fox, CBS, NBC, UPN, and ABC to automatically cover his exit. The Denver suicide watch officially begins.

Renaldo Balkman only brings the ruckus.

ne3xchamps
02-22-2011, 01:44 PM

you gotta be kidding right? Lebron had this figured out since the olympics about going to Miami. He was just being a douche and leadiing the team on. LBJ is a f-head.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
i never thought of it like that...thats crazy.

I think he was exaggerating. I know you love LeBron but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 01:46 PM
you gotta be kidding right? Lebron had this figured out since the olympics about going to Miami. He was just being a douche and leadiing the team on. LBJ is a f-head.

That is like the funniest post "Lebron didnt know." Its funny when naivety rears its ugly head in these PSD forums.

Rentzias
02-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Thank you!!! This guy just adds to the validity of the fact that Lebron had NOBODY

Same way everyone's trying to say Kroenke didn't "try" to help Melo. There's a difference between trying and succeeding. I agree with you that he didn't have help, but the effort was not zero.

ghettosean
02-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Damn "Double R" you banging my girl Sandra... You and me are gonna have fisticuffs soon time son... LOL. I completely agree with what you said and yes the nuggets could have got more than the nets but I don't blame Melo for not signing a deal with a team he didn't want to play for... He kind of just left it out there... trade me to the knicks for something or lose me during free agency for nothing. It was black and white and you got to respect a guy for saying this is what I'm doing and what I want instead of running away in the night and treating his hometown fans like R kelly does girls in some of those videos.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 01:49 PM
In that series I saw a guy give up on his team. Of course I watched him consistently for 7 years and you've watched him for half a season.

i watched him for 8 years i have been watching lebron since he was a senior in high school. i live in mass and flew all the way to miami to see him play his rookie year(kinda ironic huh?) im a lebron fan. he didnt quit on his team. we are talking about a guy who single handedly brought his team to the finals. a feat that only a.i. can say he's done. what could he do? i want you to tell me what lebron could have done to win the series. you just saw all the flaws in the team. between mike browns rotations, and all the mismatches of the series (antawn got burned by kg, mo couldnt defend rondo to save his life & ray going off from the 3 on parker) how could he save that cavs team? only way is if he cloned himself and played positions 1-5 and even if he did they would have the salary space lol

beasted86
02-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Why don't you think I watch games outside of the Heat?

I watched the entire series and at no point in time did I think LeBron quit, and I've never been a fan of his. I mean, sure I thought, "why is this guy playing like trash" in game 5, but I didn't think he quit.

It makes no sense and has no logic to believe a guy played at the highest level for a whole season, enough to get the MVP, played at a high level for 8 more games to sweep in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, plays at a high level for 4 more games to at least keep the series tied.... then suddenly give up for one game... only to come back and play another high level game.

Makes no sense. He had a terrible game, but I don't think he quit. It just doesn't add up. If you still think he quit, can you at least attempt to explain the high level of play for the whole season and all but 1 playoff game?

shizzle09
02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
They're pretty much the same. Yeah Lebron did a stupid show to announce his but this whole melo drama easily equals that.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
i watched him for 8 years i have been watching lebron since he was a senior in high school. i live in mass and flew all the way to miami to see him play his rookie year(kinda ironic huh?) im a lebron fan. he didnt quit on his team. we are talking about a guy who single handedly brought his team to the finals. a feat that only a.i. can say he's done. what could he do? i want you to tell me what lebron could have done to win the series. you just saw all the flaws in the team. between mike browns rotations, and all the mismatches of the series (antawn got burned by kg, mo couldnt defend rondo to save his life & ray going off from the 3 on parker) how could he save that cavs team? only way is if he cloned himself and played positions 1-5 and even if he did they would have the salary space lol

I'm not saying he could've saved that team. But I am saying that he quit. You could tell something was wrong with LeBron during that series. And it wasn't his elbow. He just wasn't there. Like I said lack of consistency.

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 01:55 PM

I watched the entire series and at no point in time did I think LeBron quit, and I've never been a fan of his. I mean, sure I thought, "why is this guy playing like trash" in game 5, but I didn't think he quit.

It makes no sense and has no logic to believe a guy played at the highest level for a whole season, enough to get the MVP, played at a high level for 8 more games to sweep in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, plays at a high level for 4 more games to at least keep the series tied.... then suddenly give up for one game... only to come back and play another high level game.

Makes no sense. He had a terrible game, but I don't think he quit. It just doesn't add up. If you still think he quit, can you at least attempt to explain the high level of play for the whole season and all but 1 playoff game?

Could have fooled the rest of us.

He did quit. Not the entire game, but when the 4th quarter rolled around, he just stood there, with a confused demeanor. I don't care either way, I'm not a Cavs or Lebron fan, so it doesn't bother me.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 01:58 PM
I think he was exaggerating. I know you love LeBron but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

okay so who played better in that series. all of those he mentioned were better in that series than the cavs second best player in mo. kg had tawn locked that series shaw showed some flashes of greatness. but allen had a great series playing some of the best d one lebron anyone has ever played and big baby held it down. and he didnt have perkins on the list who is one the best big men in the league and would get a lot more lime light if he wasnt playing on a team with possibly 5 HOFers. imo it goes top 10

1. LeBron

2. Rondo
3. KG
4. PP
5. Ray

6. Perkins
7. T Allen
8. Mo
9. Big Baby
10. Shaq

the gaps represent the talent levels now who had the better team? you can easily see who and he brought it to 6 games. you really beg to differ look at this seasons standings and youll see all the proof you need

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 01:59 PM

I'm not saying you don't watch games outside of the Heat. I'm talking about LeBron. Did you watch every Cavs game for the last 7 years? Not that I necessarily did. But a fair portion of them.
I think there was more going on then just the elbow. I don't LeBron didn't trusted his teammates. I think he was mad Delonte. And I don't think he injured his elbow. I think he knew he was leaving. And he knew this wasn't a team that could win it all. Even with him playing on it. So he probably said to himself. What's the point? When is this over?

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
okay so who played better in that series. all of those he mentioned were better in that series than the cavs second best player in mo. kg had tawn locked that series shaw showed some flashes of greatness. but allen had a great series playing some of the best d one lebron anyone has ever played and big baby held it down. and he didnt have perkins on the list who is one the best big men in the league and would get a lot more lime light if he wasnt playing on a team with possibly 5 HOFers. imo it goes top 10

1. LeBron

2. Rondo
3. KG
4. PP
5. Ray

6. Perkins
7. T Allen
8. Mo
9. Big Baby
10. Shaq

the gaps represent the talent levels now who had the better team? you can easily see who and he brought it to 6 games. you really beg to differ look at this seasons standings and youll see all the proof you need

You know what, my bad. I misread it. I thought he was talking about top 10, overall in the NBA.

shizzle09
02-22-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm not saying he could've saved that team. But I am saying that he quit. You could tell something was wrong with LeBron during that series. And it wasn't his elbow. He just wasn't there. Like I said lack of consistency.

no what you're doing is repeating what Dan Gilbert said. This wasnt even an issue until that d bag called him a quitter. LMFAO that someone can have better numbers than pretty much any game this year and still be called a quitter by you haters. Please explain to me how someone having nearly a triple double in the playoffs can be deemed a quitter. And that rumor about his mom and Delonte came out during that series as well. Dont tell me that wouldnt afftect how he appeared when it comes to body language. True or not.

bobo zver
02-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Are you guys stupid ? Compare this > what did James left for his old team and what did Melo left ??? Gallinari,Chandler,Fellton and Mozzy VS ? 30 losing streak

CASE CLOSED!

beasted86
02-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Could have fooled the rest of us.

He did quit. Not the entire game, but when the 4th quarter rolled around, he just stood there, with a confused demeanor. I don't care either way, I'm not a Cavs or Lebron fan, so it doesn't bother me.

Because a guy is now on my team and I post about him more often doesn't mean I was a fan of his before he came to Miami. I actually disliked the way the media played him into this league of his own when guys like Wade & Kobe are just as good. Anyway...

Like I said, last year when I watched him playing poorly I was probably thinking a hundred things "damn, this guy is playing like trash" or "wow, looks like he is choking under pressure" or "I bet the fanboys will say it's the elbow injury", but at no point in time was I thinking he quit on his team, because it's impossible given what he did to get there, and what happened all throughout the playoffs with the exception of that one game. As I said, it just doesn't add up. Nobody can say he quit, then explain the rest of his playoff stats. It's impossible.

blue collar B
Melo didn't screw Denver. Look what they got in return. Melo could have easily said his intentions through the media but it would have taken away any leverage Denver would have had in negotiations. They would have got minimal in return if anything. I am sure he told his intentions to the front office which allowed them to get the most back for him. Cavs got two 1st round picks for Lebron. He didn't help them out at all.
Melo didn't create the drama. I have no doubt he was asked to keep quiet so Denver would have a leg to stand on. All you have to do is look at how Denver and Cleveland ended up after the trades to see who helped their former team and who didn't.

Steelers23_06

i honestly cant argue. i might be the biggest lebron fan on psd but he wasnt the same i was watching it with my friends that are celtics fans and was saying why wasnt he attacking and playing his usual aggresive self. i honestly think his mom banged delonte. thats the only thins that could get him that turned off of a game. and why would espn not allow them to say it. especially if it wasnt true i think they would want to clear it up. and we can say hes not consistant we are talking about the guys whos first playoff game was a triple double. i would like to see you play a rec bball game let alone a ecf game knowing your teammate smashed your mom dukes. in the words of eddie griffin "you dont do the hole that i came out of" lol

beasted86
02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm not saying you don't watch games outside of the Heat. I'm talking about LeBron. Did you watch every Cavs game for the last 7 years? Not that I necessarily did. But a fair portion of them.
I think there was more going on then just the elbow. I don't LeBron didn't trusted his teammates. I think he was mad Delonte. And I don't think he injured his elbow. I think he knew he was leaving. And he knew this wasn't a team that could win it all. Even with him playing on it. So he probably said to himself. What's the point? When is this over?

So did he wait say that to himself in game 5?

As I said, nobody can explain the whole playoffs and even the Cavs going up 2-1 in the Celtics series. Why would he play well and get them up 2-1 if he already made up his mind to quit? Doesn't make sense or add up.

Sly Guy
02-22-2011, 02:06 PM
nuggs got something back for 'melo. All the Cleveland did was get a big slap in the face on national TV.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 02:08 PM
no what you're doing is repeating what Dan Gilbert said. This wasnt even an issue until that d bag called him a quitter. LMFAO that someone can have better numbers than pretty much any game this year and still be called a quitter by you haters. Please explain to me how someone having nearly a triple double in the playoffs can be deemed a quitter. And that rumor about his mom and Delonte came out during that series as well. Dont tell me that wouldnt afftect how he appeared when it comes to body language

Well you're just a Miami homer and I'm calling it like I saw it. And if I was repeating what Dan Gilbert said I would probably say that the Cavs were going to win a championship before the Heat. And we all know that's probably not gonna happen. Unless of course the Celtics or the Knicks move their franchises to Cleveland.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 02:08 PM
no what you're doing is repeating what Dan Gilbert said. This wasnt even an issue until that d bag called him a quitter. LMFAO that someone can have better numbers than pretty much any game this year and still be called a quitter by you haters. Please explain to me how someone having nearly a triple double in the playoffs can be deemed a quitter. And that rumor about his mom and Delonte came out during that series as well. Dont tell me that wouldnt afftect how he appeared when it comes to body language. True or not.

i dont know what the word is. he didnt quit but didnt look the same. member the pistons series? u saw him look at his teammates and pretty much said eff you guys...you suck im gonna be the ONLY reason we make it to the finals. he didnt have that against boston. he didnt pull a tmac:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbkXewxlGI

but he didnt have the fire in his eyes or turn into the lebron locomotive that he usual looks like

Lake_Show2416
02-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Melo actually didn't leave his team empty handed like someone else giving their team false hope for a return.. Melo got the biggest trade possible for the Nuggets cuz he kept pushing the Knicks

the media hype for both guys is not caused by the player unless they r stupid enough to pull it on themselves wit a dumbass dicision show.. it's comes about from the human interest level and with Melo being the only prized possible free agent, the focus went from 4 huge free agents his past offseason, to just 1 so the media will obviously keep a closer look at the 1 individual.

unless 1 of those 4 was Queen James who milked the offseason, put on a stupid show, left his team high n dry, had his former team the cavs find out when I did that Lebron is leaving from watchin the hour special to say 5 words(that is messed up)

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 02:12 PM
You know what, my bad. I misread it. I thought he was talking about top 10, overall in the NBA.

:clap: i give you props you never get someone to say my bad on here

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
i honestly cant argue. i might be the biggest lebron fan on psd but he wasnt the same i was watching it with my friends that are celtics fans and was saying why wasnt he attacking and playing his usual aggresive self. i honestly think his mom banged delonte. thats the only thins that could get him that turned off of a game. and why would espn not allow them to say it. especially if it wasnt true i think they would want to clear it up. and we can say hes not consistant we are talking about the guys whos first playoff game was a triple double. i would like to see you play a rec bball game let alone a ecf game knowing your teammate smashed your mom dukes. in the words of eddie griffin "you dont do the hole that i came out of" lol

Exactly something was off with LeBron. I don't know how I would of performed in his situation. But I know afterwards, I wouldn't of done a ESPN special called "The Decision", after telling Larry King that Cleveland had an edge to sign him as a FA. I didn't think LeBron was going to return to Cleveland after the season but I just wished he was more honest with the fans.

sammid21
02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Lebron was much much worse. he knew he was going to Miami since 2008. anyone that doesnt beleive that, are either heat fans protecting Lebron or People that dont keep up with the sporting news.

One very important reason Lebrons was worse was because he made every team gunning for him, dismantle their team in order to sign him. Melo at least told his team that he wasnt coming back, so it was denvers descision to trade him. i bet if Lebron wouldve told the Cavs that he was leaving for Miami, many teams and the cavs wouldve prepared better for the 2010 free agency. Lebron manipulated a bunch of teams, Melo didnt

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Melo actually didn't leave his team empty handed like someone else giving their team false hope for a return.. Melo got the biggest trade possible for the Nuggets cuz he kept pushing the Knicks

the media curious for both guys is not caused by the player unless they r stupid enough to pull it on themselves wit a dumbass dicision show.. it's comes about from the human interest level and with Melo being the only prized possible free agent, the focus of came from 4 huge free agents his past offseason, to just 1 so the media will obviously keep a closer look at the 1 individual.

unless 1 or those 4 was Queen James who milked the offseason, put on a stupid show, left his team high n dry, had his former team the cavs find out when I did that Lebron is leaving from watchin the hour special to say 5 words(that is messed up)

i could have known what you were gonna say just by your sig. but whos fault is that? denver asked melo to sign the extension he said he wasnt and was prob gonna test the free agency in the offseason. now everyone didnt think lebron was going to to do the same? people had him going to ny, nj, lac and this is before miami even got into the mix. so with hearing all of this why wouldnt cleveland do the same. its lebrons fault that denver has the smarter front office? like everyone has said in past threads "when did melo come out and sayi want to be traded?" never! he just refused to sign the extension, the same thing lebron did.

barreleffact
02-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Lebrons was EASILY worse. People are hating on Melo for basically his FO being Aholes. Denver's FO made it public. All he did was refuse to sign an extension. Denver wanted him to go to NJ for their benefit. EFF Denver's FO. Melo went about it the right way and knew Denver would panic even if he did tell them his preferred team. Also, Lebron knew where he was going for years, and led Cleveland on and had a big contraversy for 2 years. Even the summer he knew exactly where he'd go but instead he decided to screw with other teams. Lebron is a great player, but is also a douche. Melo handled it very well in all honesty. Too bad he isnt a laker now.

beasted86
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, it's funny how after the fact people weren't under the assumption LeBron was almost guaranteed to be a Knick.

Cleveland knew there was a very high chance LeBron could leave. But like many of their other roster decisions, they made the bad choice of not having any sort of backup plan. Honestly, even if LeBron stayed, I'm not sure they had any clear plan of action to improve the team either.

mikealike305
02-22-2011, 02:25 PM
wait so melo didnt know where he was going? he basiclly forced denver trade him to the knicks.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Exactly something was off with LeBron. I don't know how I would of performed in his situation. But I know afterwards, I wouldn't of done a ESPN special called "The Decision", after telling Larry King that Cleveland had an edge to sign him as a FA. I didn't think LeBron was going to return to Cleveland after the season but I just wished he was more honest with the fans.

i think the decision wasnt as bad as poeple make it seem. so in your eyes it would have been better if he just did a press conference? that would have made everything better in your eyes? and i honestly think cleveland had the edge. i dont think he wanted to leave hes been in ohio his whole life. and like other clowns are saying that "he knew since 08" (yeah im talking about you) then why did he try to get bosh to play in cle before he signed with miami. he even said it he didnt want to be a city's savior (nj,cle), or goto a team thats rebuilding (ny, lac) he wanted to be a champion and once wade and bosh signed there it had the best chance. those are his best friends in the league along with paul and melo. and what better opportunity than to play with your friends who happen to be both arguably top 10 players in the league in one of the nicest cities in the country. once bosh went there instead of going to cle it sealed his fate. who would have thought that bosh would shake up the nba lol.

Dankster
02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Regardless of the dynamics on how everything was played out publically with both lebron and Carmelo, at least Denver got a lot of assets instead of barely anything (aside from a TPE i think?) that the Cavs got with LBJ's departure...no question, Carmelo at least made sure Denver got something back, and he obviously got what he wanted- his destination of choice and that extension.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah, it's funny how after the fact people weren't under the assumption LeBron was almost guaranteed to be a Knick.

Cleveland knew there was a very high chance LeBron could leave. But like many of their other roster decisions, they made the bad choice of not having any sort of backup plan. Honestly, even if LeBron stayed, I'm not sure they had any clear plan of action to improve the team either.

I agree Cleveland definitely needed a back-up plan. They failed in that department. But I didn't think they thought that there was a very high chance that LeBron could leave. It was essentially his hometown. And a very unique situation. Either way, they still should've had a plan B. Hopefully, they've learned some kind of lesson here. And they'll start to make smarter decisions in the draft and FA.

mikealike305
02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Regardless of the dynamics on how everything was played out publically with both lebron and Carmelo, at least Denver got a lot of assets instead of barely anything (aside from a TPE i think?) that the Cavs got with LBJ's departure...no question, Carmelo at least made sure Denver got something back, and he obviously got what he wanted- his destination of choice and that extension.

really? u really think he requested a trade cuz it was in the better intrest of denver? really?
he needed to be traded cuz he knew with the new CBA in place that there was a good chance he wouldnt have got the same contract if he waited til the off season

pacofunk64
02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
I do credit Melo because even though he was leaving without any doubt he didn't leave them empty handed. Ya it took some players away but lets not forget that great players invent role players. Just ask Judd Bucheler, Steve Kerr, John Paxon, Sasha Vujacic, Shannon Brown, etc.

BigBlueCrew
02-22-2011, 02:31 PM
wait so melo didnt know where he was going? he basiclly forced denver trade him to the knicks.

No-one is saying that. Of course melo knew where he was going, but so did Lebron! Anyone who thinks differently is either insane or ********.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
i think the decision wasnt as bad as poeple make it seem. so in your eyes it would have been better if he just did a press conference? that would have made everything better in your eyes? and i honestly think cleveland had the edge. i dont think he wanted to leave hes been in ohio his whole life. and like other clowns are saying that "he knew since 08" (yeah im talking about you) then why did he try to get bosh to play in cle before he signed with miami. he even said it he didnt want to be a city's savior (nj,cle), or goto a team thats rebuilding (ny, lac) he wanted to be a champion and once wade and bosh signed there it had the best chance. those are his best friends in the league along with paul and melo. and what better opportunity than to play with your friends who happen to be both arguably top 10 players in the league in one of the nicest cities in the country. once bosh went there instead of going to cle it sealed his fate. who would have thought that bosh would shake up the nba lol.

I disagree. I think this whole thing was planned a few years back. And I think "The Decision" was a bad idea. LeBron even sort of admitted to that. I believe LeBron wanted to do "The Decision" because he was never recruited out of High School.

NewY0rk Knicks
02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Lebron is a selfish stubborn prick who thinks he's the greatest NBA player on Earth! haha Allen Iverson has more NBA finals wins than he does! Right now in my book Lebron hasn't proved **** in 8 years that he's been here!

mikealike305
02-22-2011, 02:33 PM
No-one is saying that. Of course melo knew where he was going, but so did Lebron! Anyone who thinks differently is either insane or ********.

ok so they both knew where they were going.... so lebron is a douche? u might not be the guy saying it but ive read the argument that lebron was wrong cuz he knew where he was going

Dankster
02-22-2011, 02:36 PM
really? u really think he requested a trade cuz it was in the better intrest of denver? really?
he needed to be traded cuz he knew with the new CBA in place that there was a good chance he wouldnt have got the same contract if he waited til the off season

Oh i don't diasgree with you. But it was never 100% certain Carmelo would only allow the money to be the driving force in everything (although i feel it 100% is.) The level of uncertainty that was brewing in Denver as far as Carmelo not wanting to resign with the Nuggets has been building steam for months, and at least their FO recognized this and didn't fall into false hope (ie; Cleveland's organization,) thinking it was a guarantee he'd want to come back...I'm just saying Denver isn't left in a disastrous state in comparison to the Cavaliers.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I disagree. I think this whole thing was planned a few years back. And I think "The Decision" was a bad idea. LeBron even sort of admitted to that. I believe LeBron wanted to do "The Decision" because he was never recruited out of High School.

and why do you think that? because they said they wanted to play together? just because players say stuff doesnt mean it happens. i think he didnt know until the summer. how would it be planned they didnt have the money to do it. i think that miamijust was the smartest by thinking if we have the most money we can get the most stars...makes sense if you think about it lol. who else had money like that? the bulls could afford to sign two stars but why would he want to be jordans shadow puppet? miami had the most cap space and pat riley is a proven winner. and you just keep saying that the decision was a bad idea but your not saying why the most watched espn news broacast that 25% of the nation was watch and generated about 10 million to the boys and girls club that he could have pocketed and bought a private jet with was a bad idea...besides saying it was a bad idea. and it wasnt even his idea lmao. he wanted to do it on his site. you have no proof or reasoning.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh i don't diasgree with you. But it was never 100% certain Carmelo would only allow the money to be the driving force in everything (although i feel it 100% is.) The level of uncertainty that was brewing in Denver as far as Carmelo not wanting to resign with the Nuggets has been building steam for months, and at least their FO recognized this and didn't fall into false hope (ie; Cleveland's organization,) thinking it was a guarantee he'd want to come back...I'm just saying Denver isn't left in a disastrous state in comparison to the Cavaliers.

but your proving my point neither of their exits were even. if anyone is to blame its the FO. both players didnt sign the extension one FO was just smarter then the other.

Teeboy1487
02-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Lebron's exit was worse by a mile.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
james was a billion times worse.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
and why do you think that? because they said they wanted to play together? just because players say stuff doesnt mean it happens. i think he didnt know until the summer. how would it be planned they didnt have the money to do it. i think that miamijust was the smartest by thinking if we have the most money we can get the most stars...makes sense if you think about it lol. who else had money like that? the bulls could afford to sign two stars but why would he want to be jordans shadow puppet? miami had the most cap space and pat riley is a proven winner. and you just keep saying that the decision was a bad idea but your not saying why the most watched espn news broacast that 25% of the nation was watch and generated about 10 million to the boys and girls club that he could have pocketed and bought a private jet with was a bad idea...besides saying it was a bad idea. and it wasnt even his idea lmao. he wanted to do it on his site. you have no proof or reasoning.

Really? It was a horrible PR move. It's part of the reason why he's so hated today. And not just by Cavs fans. I think Wilbon said "LeBron doesn't want to be the bad guy." Obviously he's adjusted to it.
Stuffing feathers up your *** does not make you a chicken! He wanted to do the special but didn't want to come off as a complete prick. And he did. People watched it. But people also watch Jerry Springer, or Jersey Shore. It's like watching a train wreck.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:00 PM

So you think they never planned this? They just came up with this on a whim? LeBron on July 8th: Yeah maybe I'll join Wade and Bosh this summer on the Miami Heat. That's ridiculous!

Jonathan2323
02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Melo could have done exactly what LeBron did and he still wouldn't get as much hate as LeBron.

Turtle55
02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Melo exit was more annoying (we all knew where it was going to end up and it seemed to last forever) and the Lebron exit was more douchie. I prefer the Melo exit since it allowed Denver to obtain assets for him and not end up with a roster worthy of a 26 game losing streak.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Really? It was a horrible PR move. It's part of the reason why he's so hated today. And not just by Cavs fans. I think Wilbon said "LeBron doesn't want to be the bad guy." Obviously he's adjusted to it.
Stuffing feathers up your *** does not make you a chicken! He wanted to do the special but didn't want to come off as a complete prick. And he did. People watched it. But people also watch Jerry Springer, or Jersey Shore. It's like watching a train wreck.

okay your putting your foot in your mouth again. what made the decision a bad decision. what part if it got him hated thats what im asking you. all he said was i decided to take my talents to south beach. he didnt bash cleveland. and i think at first i think he was uncomfortable with it. but now he loves it. your not saying what made the decision worse than a press conference? and your right people watch jersey shore and jerry springer because they like it. i dont like jerry springer so guess what i dont put it on. so if you dont like that someone is announcing his new team guess what watch something else...its that simple. people obviously care if they tuned in. i just dont get how it was so bad and noone can ever explain it to me just like you cant. everyone is saying because how he left cleveland...what did you expect if he was staying in cleveland whats the point of the show?

chicago lulz
02-22-2011, 03:05 PM
What griped me about Jame's exit was "The Decision". I mean seriously, who does an hour special for one sentence?

The whole Melo drama was annoying, but it was no different than all the speculation last year over all the free agents. At least the Nuggets got players in return. A group of young players.

Regardless, both will look like douches in the eye of people based on their "Exits". Both players have every right to leave their teams. I have no problem with that.

Melo could have done exactly what LeBron did and he still wouldn't get as much hate as LeBron.
Nah, if Melo did "The Decision" he would be right up there. I don't hate Lebron per se. I hate "The Decision".

Jonathan2323
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
LeBron was traded to HEAT for 2 1st round picks and a 14+mil trade exception.

justinnum1
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
LeBron was traded to HEAT for 2 1st round picks and a 14+mil trade exception.

pat riley skull ****ed the whole nba last summer

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
So you think they never planned this? They just came up with this on a whim? LeBron on July 8th: Yeah maybe I'll join Wade and Bosh this summer on the Miami Heat. That's ridiculous!

read my posts and all your questions would have been answered

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
and of course he knew before the decision but not years back. or even months back. why do you think he had everyone come to him he wanted to see the best offer and miami was clearly it.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
okay your putting your foot in your mouth again. what made the decision a bad decision. what part if it got him hated thats what im asking you. all he said was i decided to take my talents to south beach. he didnt bash cleveland. and i think at first i think he was uncomfortable with it. but now he loves it. your not saying what made the decision worse than a press conference? and your right people watch jersey shore and jerry springer because they like it. i dont like jerry springer so guess what i dont put it on. so if you dont like that someone is announcing his new team guess what watch something else...its that simple. people obviously care if they tuned in. i just dont get how it was so bad and noone can ever explain it to me just like you cant. everyone is saying because how he left cleveland...what did you expect if he was staying in cleveland whats the point of the show?

I don't know why you think it was such a great idea??? I think most people would agree it was stupid, and egotistical. He went on television and took a giant crap on Cleveland. It was clearly in poor taste. Yes, I'm saying this was worse than a press conference, because he's asking for more attention.

Frrrrank!!!
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Atleast Melo gave them a heads up and said get something for me while you can.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:15 PM
read my posts and all your questions would have been answered

I don't know where you get your facts. But he never tried to get Bosh to play with him in Cleveland. Cleveland pursued Bosh but LeBron didn't try to get him to play for the Cavs.

Double_R
02-22-2011, 03:17 PM
This thread has gotten spicy... Lebron never intended on staying in Cleveland, come on with that... You don't have a "decision" to announce you are staying with your team.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:18 PM
and of course he knew before the decision but not years back. or even months back. why do you think he had everyone come to him he wanted to see the best offer and miami was clearly it.

Again, I disagree. I think Wade, Bosh, and LeBron formed a bond in the Olympics in 08', then all signed extension to be FA in 2010 knowing that they'd team up together.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't know why you think it was such a great idea??? I think most people would agree it was stupid, and egotistical. He went on television and took a giant crap on Cleveland. It was clearly in poor taste. Yes, I'm saying this was worse than a press conference, because he's asking for more attention.

ok so having an interview is sooo bad. thats what im saying people that bash it have no reason. im not saying it was good or bad it happened why does everyone whine about it. it pretty much was a press conference with a name. he sat down took questions announced his team just the difference between this and a press conference is he had to watch his jersey being burned and didnt have his new coach and owner next to him. if anything i think people should hate him and the heat for the pre-championship party they threw instead of the decision. lol how do you and others sound "hes a selfish prick because he announced his new team on an espn special that everyone wanted to see, a special that me and my buddies watched...hes such an attention whore" hahaha i laugh at clowns like you. you hate for literally no reason

Lake_Show2416
02-22-2011, 03:23 PM

ya but he didn't, he was smarter than that unlike the Queen without a ring

Melo actually sacrificed a lot of his new team for his old team by forcing the Knicks to try harder cuz everyone knew Melo was going to NY but Melo gave the Nuggets leverage wit the pressure

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Again, I disagree. I think Wade, Bosh, and LeBron formed a bond in the Olympics in 08', then all signed extension to be FA in 2010 knowing that they'd team up together.

omg your soooo right they planned this in 08 before they signed their extension. you are right and im wrong :cry:

but wait lemme wipe my tears away and think for a moment......lebron signed his extension is 06. but wait isnt that 2 years before the olympics where they "planned" this. but wait according to you they bonded in 08 and signed the extension to be teammates.

in this thread im making you my samuel jackson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2yJwSlN-Kc

ima make you say it hahaha

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't know where you get your facts. But he never tried to get Bosh to play with him in Cleveland. Cleveland pursued Bosh but LeBron didn't try to get him to play for the Cavs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

common just say it im just killing you bro

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:31 PM
ok so having an interview is sooo bad. thats what im saying people that bash it have no reason. im not saying it was good or bad it happened why does everyone whine about it. it pretty much was a press conference with a name. he sat down took questions announced his team just the difference between this and a press conference is he had to watch his jersey being burned and didnt have his new coach and owner next to him. if anything i think people should hate him and the heat for the pre-championship party they threw instead of the decision. lol how do you and others sound "hes a selfish prick because he announced his new team on an espn special that everyone wanted to see, a special that me and my buddies watched...hes such an attention whore" hahaha i laugh at clowns like you. you hate for literally no reason

Hey, thanks for the compliment.
It wasn't just an interview. It was a "Special"! If you can't see the flaws in this then you clearly are just a stupid and insensitive person. But keep defending LeBron, you Heat homer, because he could never do anything wrong in your eyes.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

common just say it im just killing you bro

Well if you actually knew anything about the Cavs and LeBron you would probably know that LeBron never tried to recruit anyone to Cleveland. I think Broussard was incorrect to assume that in his article and if you were to ask him today he would probably agree. Get a life homer!

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
omg your soooo right they planned this in 08 before they signed their extension. you are right and im wrong :cry:

but wait lemme wipe my tears away and think for a moment......lebron signed his extension is 06. but wait isnt that 2 years before the olympics where they "planned" this. but wait according to you they bonded in 08 and signed the extension to be teammates.

in this thread im making you my samuel jackson:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2yJwSlN-Kc

ima make you say it hahaha

Okay so they decided before the Olympics. They were all friends back then too!

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Hey, thanks for the compliment.
It wasn't just an interview. It was a "Special"! If you can't see the flaws in this then you clearly are just a stupid and insensitive person. But keep defending LeBron, you Heat homer, because he could never do anything wrong in your eyes.

so in your eyes lebrons decision was horrible because it was a special on espn?

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:39 PM
Okay so they decided before the Olympics. They were all friends back then too!

so why sign the extension...that makes sense lets extend the period of time to wait before we can become teammates. :facepalm:

do us a favor and stop posting.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Well if you actually knew anything about the Cavs and LeBron you would probably know that LeBron never tried to recruit anyone to Cleveland. I think Broussard was incorrect to assume that in his article and if you were to ask him today he would probably agree. Get a life homer!

your right again....NOTTTT(borat voice)

http://www.cavsnews.com/20090701-2381.php

you gonna say it yet?

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
so why sign the extension...that makes sense lets extend the period of time to wait before we can become teammates. :facepalm:

do us a favor and stop posting.

Because Miami didn't have the Cap flexibility. Why don't you do us a favor and post all your Miami propaganda on the Miami thread page?

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
your right again....NOTTTT(borat voice)

http://www.cavsnews.com/20090701-2381.php

you gonna say it yet?

Okay, so what? LeBron talked to Artest. He told Artest I'm not going to be in Cleveland for very long so don't come here if you wanna play with me. He pretty much said the same thing to Trevor Ariza.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 03:47 PM
so in your eyes lebrons decision was horrible because it was a special on espn?

No, I think most people (besides Heat fans) would probably agree. Why do you think Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd mocked it? Normally, you don't mock things that are tasteful or intelligent. But why would I expect you to understand that?

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Because Miami didn't have the Cap flexibility. Why don't you do us a favor and post all your Miami propaganda on the Miami thread page?

yea your so right the miami heat just won the finals that year and wade was like guys i just won a ring but we need to team up and i need to ditch my teammates. you make NO sense. this was the last thing wade wanted after getting his ring

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:51 PM
No, I think most people (besides Heat fans) would probably agree. Why do you think Steve Carrell and Paul Rudd mocked it? Normally, you don't mock things that are tasteful or intelligent. But why would I expect you to understand that?

im done arguing with you. you dont state facts. your just saying dumb@$$ opinions atleast i have facts. you dont have to say it you just proved that your my.....

ChiSoxJuan
02-22-2011, 03:52 PM
It's no comparison. Melo gave Den the best possible scenario & when you consider the fact they are going to get more #1's when they trade some of their recently acquired Knicks, it's hard to argue that the Nets offer was any better.

Remember this is weak draft yr, and 1/2 those Net picks are protected 1st's in this draft. With the Knicks deal, Den's got further out picks now to use in a stronger draft.

Tony_Starks
02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Lebrons "decision" show was tasteless but at least he was still trying to win at the end of the day and it wasn't about the money.

Melo's decision had nothing to with winning especially when you force a team to basically gut their roster so IMO his exit is worse. Not worse for Denver of course since they totally pilfered the Knicks, but worse for his fans as far as showing his selfishness.....

koreancabbage
02-22-2011, 03:53 PM
oh come on. At least Lebron played out his contract with his former team. you hate on Lebron cuz it was a bad PR move.

Carmelo DEMANDED to get out of Denver while in contract. that's so BS. Giving way too much power to players in contracts. There is no such thing as righteous about that. Talking about this garbage like "i will try to do the best for my team in getting players back for me". This is a player quitting on his team.

BkOriginalOne
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Are you Serious, I haven't had much respect for Lebron since 2003 and that will not change.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
oh come on. At least Lebron played out his contract with his former team. you hate on Lebron cuz it was a bad PR move.

Carmelo DEMANDED to get out of Denver while in contract. that's so BS. Giving way too much power to players in contracts. There is no such thing as righteous about that. Talking about this garbage like "i will try to do the best for my team in getting players back for me". This is a player quitting on his team.

thats what im saying. if lebron would have requested a trade. everyone would have said that he's selfish and hes still a quitter. im starting to think there is no right way to do this lol :shrug:

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Are you Serious, I haven't had much respect for Lebron since 2003 and that will not change.

lmao y. how can you hate someone that never did anything to you. and isnt an a rapist, dog killer, gambler or anything. that would be like me hating melo or durant for NO REASON. lol sports fans crack me up.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 04:04 PM
yea your so right the miami heat just won the finals that year and wade was like guys i just won a ring but we need to team up and i need to ditch my teammates. you make NO sense. this was the last thing wade wanted after getting his ring

Yeah, and that team fell apart after that Season. How many of those guys were entering their twilight years. Payton, Shaq, Zo??? It's not like it was the next season.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 04:07 PM
im done arguing with you. you dont state facts. your just saying dumb@$$ opinions atleast i have facts. you dont have to say it you just proved that your my.....

I'm not sure you've really come up with any solid facts. And you're just a paper dragon who is blinded by your own man-love for LeBron.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah, and that team fell apart after that Season. How many of those guys were entering their twilight years. Payton, Shaq, Zo??? It's not like it was the next season.

ok but your not understanding he just won a ring. hes not gonna plan to rebuild a championship team. thats like saying rondo started planning to team up with durant and dwight right after they won a ring bc the celtics are aged. y am i answering you have less sports knowledge than my 7 year old cousin literally.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure you've really come up with any solid facts. And you're just a paper dragon who is blinded by your own man-love for LeBron.

and tell me one fact you have present besides what you concocted in that simple little mind of yours? atleast i have paper to back me up. what do you have?

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 04:16 PM
and tell me one fact you have present besides what you concocted in that simple little mind of yours? atleast i have paper to back me up. what do you have?

Really? What paper? Show me somewhere that says LeBron helped recruit a player to Cleveland. He never did.

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 04:21 PM
ok but your not understanding he just won a ring. hes not gonna plan to rebuild a championship team. thats like saying rondo started planning to team up with durant and dwight right after they won a ring bc the celtics are aged. y am i answering you have less sports knowledge than my 7 year old cousin literally.

Bad analogy. But nice try. They probably said something to each other like hey let see how our teams are doing over the next few years and if we haven't won any championships by then lets team up together. Of course, it wasn't written in stone. I'm saying they started discussing it. As the 2010 deadline approached it only became inevitable.

EWreckShin
02-22-2011, 04:24 PM

This.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Really? What paper? Show me somewhere that says LeBron helped recruit a player to Cleveland. He never did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4311048

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2009/07/a_curious_courtship_ron_artest.html

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/13/source-lebron-wants-stoudemire/

yeah that was someone planning on leaving and not trying to help his team :rolleyes:

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Bad analogy. But nice try. They probably said something to each other like hey let see how our teams are doing over the next few years and if we haven't won any championships by then lets team up together. Of course, it wasn't written in stone. I'm saying they started discussing it. As the 2010 deadline approached it only became inevitable.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/12/02/2010-12-02_amare_saw_his_place_in_kings_court.html

"He would have stayed in Cleveland," Stoudemire told the Daily News. "And I wouldn't have had a problem playing in Cleveland. I would have signed there. But it didn't happen."

sounds to me like it was planned. now show me your paper saying otherwise

sammid21
02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
i thought bulls fans on here were considered the biggest homers. Heat fans have just surpassed bulls fans quickly. i bet if lebron wouldve gone to another team, heat fans would agree with everyone on here that Lebron screwed his old team instead of Melo.
Simple as this heat fans and others on lebrons testies:
1. lebron knew he was going to the Heat, there are plenty of articles that can back that up
2. lebron messed with the rosters of the following teams by telling them he might sign there (knowing he was going to Miami: NJ, CHI, NY, CLE, TOR, MIA (doesnt really count tho)
3. Melo told Denver he wasnt resigning with them, so DENVER went ahead and looked for a trading partner. no one really knows if he demanded a trade except him and denver, but in the publics eye, he didnt demand a trade just said he wasnt resigning

knicksfan42
02-22-2011, 04:49 PM
I can't believe this is in debate. Looking past the decision and all of Lebron's douchebaggery, Cleveland got nothing for him. The Denver fans even seem happy about the trade. Many even saying NY got raped. Seriously go ask the Denver fans if they would have rather not gotten anything for Melo and simply lost him in the offseason, ask the Cleveland fans if they would have liked to have gotten something in return for Lebron last season. If I was a fan of either teams I would sure as **** would like to know if my superstar wants out at the end of the season so I can get some value for him in return.

ghettosean
02-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I can't believe this is in debate. Looking past the decision and all of Lebron's douchebaggery, Cleveland got nothing for him. The Denver fans even seem happy about the trade. Many even saying NY got raped. Seriously go ask the Denver fans if they would have rather not gotten anything for Melo and simply lost him in the offseason, ask the Cleveland fans if they would have liked to have gotten something in return for Lebron last season. If I was a fan of either teams I would sure as **** would like to know if my superstar wants out at the end of the season so I can get some value for him in return.
OMG there are some intelligent people in this forum!

m26555
02-22-2011, 05:04 PM
LeBron's was worse, but Anthony's wasn't much better. I don't really have any respect for either of them.

Kevj77
02-22-2011, 05:04 PM
The only thing Lebron did wrong was the decision. He played out his contract and had the right to be a free agent. Melo didn't do anything really bad IMO he didn't have to sign an extension. He put in his time in Denver like Lebron did for the Cavs. The Nuggets could have traded him anywhere, but he didn't have to sign an extension there if he didn't want to. It was his right to decide to sign or test FA. The problem is he wanted his fat extension and to play for only one team and never really wanted to test FA.

Because Melo did inform the Nuggets he wouldn't sign they are better off than the Cavs. That's what makes it tough for me to decide, I respect playing out your contract, but the Cavs are so much worse off now because they got nothing.

hotpotato1092
02-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Honestly, I don't see how even the biggest LeBron fan can say he handled the situation better than 'Melo did. Now I'm a huge Knicks fan, and I'm the first to admit that I don't think the situation was handled very well by anyone ('Melo included), but the LeBron exit was a complete disaster. He willingly went on national TV and embarrassed his old team just to hype himself up more, than he and his new teammates had the audacity to have that ridiculous party at the arena, and they claimed the goal was to win 7 titles. You don't say those things when you haven't played a game together, it's just disrespectful to the rest of the league, it's basically saying "the three of us are so much better than you that we're just gonna hijack the league for the next decade or so". I'm a Knicks fan, so I'll get over how 'Melo handled his situation, just as I'd expect a Heat fan to look the other way at LeBron's misdeeds, but to any impartial observer I don't see how the two are even comparable.

dtmagnet
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
They both were unprofessional.

ChiSoxJuan
02-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Shaking my head at those picking James over Melo here. I don't think you get it. After meeting the Nets on Sat, Melo said "If the Knicks can't work a deal with Den, I'll sign the extension to play for the Nets." How can you call that selfish? He's agreeing to play for the lowly Nets JUST so he can HELP out Denver.

Any talk of choosing $ or location over winning is horse ****. He didn't have any control over that! Do you think he would have turned down a deal to the Bulls if Den was willing to take back a pkg built around Deng? Get real. He gave Denver all the power in this from the start, which is why they focused primarily on the Nets.

It became obvious that any decision to stay with Denver was unrealistic. They didn't have the cap $'s to afford Melo at $65m/3 yr. They were already paying luxury taxes. That was nothing more than posturing by Denver so it looked like they tried. Melo went along with it which is why he kept saying Denver was still an option.

0nekhmer
02-22-2011, 05:31 PM
melo definitely had a better exit. he practically GAVE away the knicks to denver. this deal isn't bad, i think denver > knicks right now. Knicks will have the last laugh come 2012 though. Lebron.. kinda.. had an hour special, should have informed his GM, and get a deal going. Maybe Miami would've had to trade their whole roster aside from wade for Lebron

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 05:31 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/12/02/2010-12-02_amare_saw_his_place_in_kings_court.html

"He would have stayed in Cleveland," Stoudemire told the Daily News. "And I wouldn't have had a problem playing in Cleveland. I would have signed there. But it didn't happen."

Okay here you go:

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15138

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 05:38 PM

Yeah, and that article says that Stoudemire believes LeBron would've stayed. It cites nothing from LeBron. You think LeBron was telling other guys around the league about Wade, Bosh, and his plan? They kept it pretty quiet. I'm sorry, you're just naive if you believe they didn't plan this beforehand.

LA_Raiders
02-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Melo is somehow doing the right thing. Not the best way, but at least he didnt leave the team with ****...

smith&wesson
02-22-2011, 05:56 PM
miami didnt have much of a team to "gut" for lebron in the first place.

but im gonna go with melo on this one seeing how his former team got alot in return for him. if you were clevland you would have wanted lebron to leave the same way as melo left denver, atleast clevland would have got some talent back, and futer picks. clevland got nothing basically.

jrm2054
02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Lebron was worse bc he lead the cavs on thinking they could keep him when he knew he was leaving melo was man enough to say im leaving trade me or get nothing

TheDiggler
02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Without any hate: both ends were way, WAY too public. That's what sucked about them imo. NBA is a business, nowadays more than it ever was ... Don't think brons was worse, or Melos.

SteveNash
02-22-2011, 06:34 PM
At least LeBron went to a championship contender, while taking a significant pay cut, did it when he was a free agent because he wanted to win.

Melo pouted his way out while under contract pretty much because he wanted money and was tired of living in Denver.

kyubi256
02-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Lebron's exit was much worst. Melo didn't have an ESPN special about it...

Evolution23
02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
is this even a question?

h2r09
02-22-2011, 06:57 PM
i love people saying lebron led them on. how exactly did he do that? he stopped talking to the media about free agency in like november of last year.

carmelo basically forced himself to the knicks and nothing else just because he wanted his money now. lebrons decision was about winning, carmelo's was about money.

WizFan3
02-22-2011, 06:58 PM
i h8 both they both couldve handled it more maturely

bklynny67
02-22-2011, 07:29 PM
is this even a question. Melo made it pretty known he wasnt resigning with Denver. Lebron made CLE wait till about 30 mins before he annouced it, and by doing that he handcuffed the team into making any other moves. Melo allowed Denver to collect some good young players and draft picks by letting them know he wasn't resigning. Lebron screwed CLE and they ended up with nothing and is now the worst team in recent memory.

bklynny67
02-22-2011, 07:48 PM
i love people saying lebron led them on. how exactly did he do that? he stopped talking to the media about free agency in like november of last year.

carmelo basically forced himself to the knicks and nothing else just because he wanted his money now. lebrons decision was about winning, carmelo's was about money.

Lebron's was about money too. He's gonna make more in MIA the next five years than he would have in CLE because of the tax laws in FLA. Look it up. Don't let him fool you. He got his money too.

bklynny67
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
At least LeBron went to a championship contender, while taking a significant pay cut, did it when he was a free agent because he wanted to win.

Melo pouted his way out while under contract pretty much because he wanted money and was tired of living in Denver.

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL SAYING THIS???

He is making more in MIA than he would have in CLE.

RedRicanoBx
02-22-2011, 07:53 PM
this is stupid its clearly lbj who was a DICK he embarrassed his home state on TV melo played it smooth and he told denver he wanted to go back (HOME) NOT LEAVE HOME LIKE LEFAG smh denver gutted the hell out of NYK for melo and co but they got a LOT back lbj did what to give back to the cavs ?? Nothing NADA NIL Melo blessed denver with looking out at least and he was tryna go back home not leave home

RedRicanoBx
02-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Lebron was worse bc he lead the cavs on thinking they could keep him when he knew he was leaving melo was man enough to say im leaving trade me or get nothing

x2 ! :clap:

knicks4life33
02-22-2011, 07:59 PM
Lebron hands down lol is this even thread worthy lol

ghettosean
02-22-2011, 08:20 PM

Well the people who are saying this are obviously Miami or Lebron fans... I remember watching on NBA where Charles Barkley mentioned that Lebron said he wants to be the richest man in the world. Is everyone in this forum that dumb to think that Lebron isn't making moves based on money. Come now get real... Here's a quote from the king in 2007 aspiring to be the RICHEST MAN IN THE WORLD!

http://www.clevelandmagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=586CA122EB394032BD4AA3B686FF03D9&nm=Editorial&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=1578600D80804596A222593669321019&tier=4&id=887A5D355E78482BB71BDFF36DA3F75D

Bottom line is he deserted Clevland and for the best player in the world they get virtually nothing in return. If he did the same for Clevland like Carmelo did do you think they would have made an NBA record for worst losing streak in history?!? Heck come now some team would have taken him as a rental player even for the playoffs for an insta boost to become a contender.

P.S

How much money do you think Lebron got for "The decision" I'm sure he did it for free... LOL! SOME PEOPLE IN HERE NEED TO GET REAL!!!

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM

How do you figure? If LeBron would've took the Cleveland MAX he'd be making Joe Johnson Money.

Joe Johnson Contract: 16,324,500 / 18,038,573 / 19,752,645 / 21,466,718 / 23,180,790 / 24,894,863

Lebron James Contract: 14,500,000 / 16,022,500 / 17,545,000 / 19,067,500 / 20,590,000 / 22,112,500

If you want to talk about off the court, that's an entirely different argument

Arch Stanton
02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
How do you figure? If LeBron would've took the Cleveland MAX he'd be making Joe Johnson Money.

Joe Johnson Contract: 16,324,500 / 18,038,573 / 19,752,645 / 21,466,718 / 23,180,790 / 24,894,863

Lebron James Contract: 14,500,000 / 16,022,500 / 17,545,000 / 19,067,500 / 20,590,000 / 22,112,500

Because remember LeBron was technically traded to the Heat. He signed a max deal with the Cavs then was traded to the Heat (tax free state). The Cavs didn't really have much of an option. They wanted to get something for him. They got 2 first round draft picks (probably late first) starting 2013 and continuing thru 2017, a 2012 2nd Round pick from NO, and a future 2nd round pick from Miami acquired from OKC. The also have the option to switch 1st draft picks with Miami in 2012. But that won't happen. And a 16 million dollar Trade Exception.

blahblahyoutoo
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Melo did the equivalent of, "I think we should start seeing other people." LeBron's was the equivalent of breaking up with your girlfriend on the Dallas Jumbotron during the Super Bowl.

LMAO. best post in this thread, and because it's true.

bklynny67
02-22-2011, 08:53 PM

Tax laws in FLA. Google it or something. You'll find plenty of info about it. Lebron is making more in MIA then he would have in CLE because of no tax in FLA.

HE DID NOT TAKE LESS MONEY TO PLAY IN MIA

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Tax laws in FLA. Google it or something. You'll find plenty of info about it. Lebron is making more in MIA then he would have in CLE because of no tax in FLA.

HE DID NOT TAKE LESS MONEY TO PLAY IN MIA

Okay. Including state law into the equation, he makes more after taxes then Joe Johnson makes in Atlanta. Next question:

Did he get the most money he could've gotten from Cleveland, AND did Miami benefit from him + Bosh + Wade not taking the most they could have gotten by being able to sign Mike Miller?

blahblahyoutoo
02-22-2011, 08:59 PM
i don't know why this is even a debate.

lebron KNEW months, maybe years in advance that he was going to buddy up with dwyane wade and chris "need more chill" bosh.
yet he still went to NY, CHI, NJ with the pretense that he was going to listen to some pitches before committing, because he's an insecure, attention whore. and the decision was the dumbest idea in the history of ******** ideas.

melo basically said i want out. he wasn't an angel about it either but it was denver's FO that took their sweet time purposely so that NY and NJ would get into a bidding war. smart move on their part i must say. but in the end, they got a lot more value from melo leaving than CLE got from lebron.

sunsfan88
02-22-2011, 09:03 PM
I like LeBron's better...idk why but I just do.

crc9246
02-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I feel both exits were wrong. However, with that being said, Carmelo's was better because the Nuggets knew he was leaving ahead of time, and they were pro active and got something for him...i don't think it's right he got to pick his team, if he doesn't have a no-trade clause he should not be allowed to dictate where he goes.

JonnyBrav000
02-22-2011, 09:24 PM
At least Melo was honest and his former team got something in return. Melo let Denver management know his true intentions since the summer. Lebron was a coward, kept everything secret and hurt the city of Cleveland bad. How many millions did that city lose? Lebron has always been a coward tho, giving up versus the C's in the playoffs, crying after losing to the Nuggets in a regular season game last year, flaking when he promised he would do the dunking contest last year and not shaking hands with the Magic after losing to them two seasons ago.

jetsfan007
02-22-2011, 09:30 PM
MEMO: Carmelo was traded. What's hard to understand about that? Denver had the option NOT to trade him. They decided to do so, that's good management. It was Carmelo's right, as it is yours, to leave your present employer, and in his case, once his contract was up. It certainly seems better to let your employer know ahead of time, so they can bring in workers to replace you rather than walk out the door and have them scrambling to look for new workers.

Raidaz4Life
02-22-2011, 09:35 PM
I hate both of them but I still think Lebron's was worse.

Steelers23_06
02-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Okay. Including state law into the equation, he makes more after taxes then Joe Johnson makes in Atlanta. Next question:

Did he get the most money he could've gotten from Cleveland, AND did Miami benefit from him + Bosh + Wade not taking the most they could have gotten by being able to sign Mike Miller?

no he took less money but with taxes he makes more than he would in cleveland plus he made miami his residence so all the endorsement checks are for where he lives i.e. nike, sprite, powerade, etc. thats what was prob a HUGE factor into the decision.

Sixerlover
02-22-2011, 09:52 PM
no he took less money but with taxes he makes more than he would in cleveland plus he made miami his residence so all the endorsement checks are for where he lives i.e. nike, sprite, powerade, etc. thats what was prob a HUGE factor into the decision.

He's LeBron James. He had State Farm, Nike, Sprite, Powerade, HP etc etc when in Cleveland. I don't think area had anything to do with that.

Evolution23
02-22-2011, 10:27 PM
pretty much lebron left in a not so classy manner but 7 Heat fans will disagree

THE MTL
02-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Carmelo Anthony has been a media FRENZY! It was getting sickening. And since the Knicks were more involved, this was much harder on us than the Lebron James exit (cause Lebron has 6 teams to chose from).

However, in the end. Melo did notify his old team of what was his plans were and they were able to accommodate him and receive compensation for him.

DwayneMVPwade
02-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Lebron left with espn special. Shoulda just made the decision, didnt need to go through all that crap

kArSoN RyDaH
02-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Lebron led the Cavs on. At least Denver got something for Melo because he told them.

kswissdaf
02-22-2011, 11:07 PM
LeBron left because he wanted to win. Melo left because he wanted exposure

IndiansFan337
02-22-2011, 11:47 PM
The situations were totally different.

Cleveland was led to believe LeBron would ultimately stay as they remained a top team in the NBA. They had a chance to win a championship, so quite possibly would have held onto LeBron even if he made it clear to management that he would depart following the 2010 season.

Melo told Denver management that he was going to ultimately become a NYK. They were the ones that held out on dealing him. That was their right. But at least he made it clear to them what his intentions were, so they knew what their options were going forward.

Melo's exit was drawn out and dramatic, but that was due to Denver's management dragging their feet and trying to hold out for more assets. Granted, they had no leverage in the trade talks....But at least they knew what their options were. Not to mention, they were able to get a lot more than two bottom 5 1st rounders and a trade exception that will likely go unused.

iamsteel
02-23-2011, 12:14 AM

Good point. The "decision" was a mistake by him, but every player has the right to leave at free agency. The Cavs failed to put a good enough team around him. So they failed.

The Melo deal should have been done in the offseason right after he said he didn't want to sign. Then they could have started rebuilding right away. Instead, it was a distraction for the whole league for two thirds of the season.

Both teams messed up, and the media blew them both out of proportion.

ne3xchamps
02-23-2011, 12:34 AM
nuggs got something back for 'melo. All the Cleveland did was get a big slap in the face on national TV.

exactly. that's why Lebron is a douche and melo manned up about leaving

ne3xchamps
02-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Lebron led the Cavs on. At least Denver got something for Melo because he told them.

thats why lebron is a douche. If he was straight up with the cavs about him leaving, everyone wouldn't hate him. Granted the cav fans would have been sad, but at least they would have known ahead of time instead of leading them on. Which leads to the burning of his jerseys and what not.

bulldog312
02-23-2011, 12:43 AM
exactly. that's why Lebron is a douche and melo manned up about leaving

Well, I wouldn't say manned up is the right term...

ne3xchamps
02-23-2011, 12:44 AM

melo didn't leave for exposure. thats absurd. He said from the start he wanted to go play where he grew up, which is brooklyn. He wasn't chasing money, or winning, he wanted to be near home. Pay the F attention!

ne3xchamps
02-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, I wouldn't say manned up is the right term...

well not manned up, I meant manned up in letting his team know ahead of time he wasn't sticking around. Bigger man than lebron, thats for sure.

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2011, 01:00 AM
What I respect about Melo is that even amongst all the speculation, he continued to play like nothing was wrong. He played hard, he cheered on the sidelines, and he continued to mentor the younger players. He went out with class, it doesn't matter if his management is semi-********

SteveNash
02-23-2011, 01:04 AM
Because remember LeBron was technically traded to the Heat. He signed a max deal with the Cavs then was traded to the Heat (tax free state). The Cavs didn't really have much of an option. They wanted to get something for him. They got 2 first round draft picks (probably late first) starting 2013 and continuing thru 2017, a 2012 2nd Round pick from NO, and a future 2nd round pick from Miami acquired from OKC. The also have the option to switch 1st draft picks with Miami in 2012. But that won't happen. And a 16 million dollar Trade Exception.

LeBron signed a max deal in terms of length, but not in terms of dollar amount.

Either way, if he really cared so much about money he could have said give me the full max and Bosh probably would have been left hanging.

Florida is not a tax free state at all.

There's still federal taxes to be paid, still have to pay taxes for every state he plays in, still has to pay property taxes, sales taxes.

NYMets0507
02-23-2011, 01:13 AM
What I respect about Melo is that even amongst all the speculation, he continued to play like nothing was wrong. He played hard, he cheered on the sidelines, and he continued to mentor the younger players. He went out with class, it doesn't matter if his management is semi-********

This.

Unlike LeBron, Melo did not quit in his last games with his team.