PDA

View Full Version : How good are the Nuggets now?

shep33
02-22-2011, 12:21 AM
First off I love the deal for the Knicks, basketball is becoming relevant in NYC again, and I'm ecstatic over it. But then I remembered that the Nuggets were getting some pretty decent players back too.

Felton/Lawson
Afflalo/Smith
Gallo/Chandler
Kenyon/Birdman/Harrington
Nene/Mozgov

Forgive me I know I'm forgetting a bunch of guys, but that's a pretty good take back. What do you guys think?

I'm guessing JR Smith is a goner in this deal. I like it for both teams. Denver got assets back, something that Cleveland and Toronto didn't get. I think we mocked the Denver FO too much.. they got great take-back.

Again love it for the Knicks, love it for the Nuggets

Albrecht Duerer
02-22-2011, 12:26 AM
First off I love the deal for the Knicks, basketball is becoming relevant in NYC again, and I'm ecstatic over it. But then I remembered that the Nuggets were getting some pretty decent players back too.

Felton/Lawson
Afflalo/Smith
Gallo/Chandler
Kenyon/Birdman/Harrington
Nene/Mozgov

Forgive me I know I'm forgetting a bunch of guys, but that's a pretty good take back. What do you guys think?

Id wait a couple of days to see who they hold on to.

gbrl
02-22-2011, 12:27 AM
looks like a solid team i would like to see how they play together first

xabial
02-22-2011, 12:27 AM
They got Four Starters, two second Rounders (Their both warriors second Rounders so they'll be high 2nd rounders IMO), A Knicks 2014 1st Round Pick..

Four a Player-To-Be Free Agent?

Ill Miss Mosgov tho.

shep33
02-22-2011, 12:28 AM
Id wait a couple of days to see who they hold on to.

I think JR Smith is likely gone. Can't have Afflalo, Chandler, and Smith.

MSU4life
02-22-2011, 12:31 AM
they are gonna be good, they made a great trade imo

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2011, 12:33 AM
their bench is nasty

DMasta718
02-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Nuggets will be fine. They could still be in playoff contention.

5ass
02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
i hope they pull an upset in the playoffs on the lakers ;) haha that has a slim chance of happening, but that would be ****ing amazing basketball

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 12:41 AM
They should buyout Al Harrington. I'd pay him extra to make him go away.

iggypop123
02-22-2011, 12:44 AM
they are basically a rockets clone. not great but good. thats it.

Create
02-22-2011, 12:45 AM
A little less better than before.

But they made a hell of a deal.

NBA_Starter
02-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Still decent, possibly playoff good still.

koLohe2133
02-22-2011, 12:48 AM
A little less better than before.

But they made a hell of a deal.

Good God man do you hear yourself?

Lo Porto
02-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Trades like this are how the small market teams will have to stay competitive when their superstar wants out. Cleveland hoped and hoped LBJ would stay. When he didn't, their franchise collapsed. In a lot of ways, I think Denver could be a better team because of this deal. It's not like Melo ever took them that far.

Franchises like Utah with Deron should take notice and get a massive deal before losing their star for nothing.

Crackadalic
02-22-2011, 12:50 AM
they are basically a rockets clone. not great but good. thats it.

This. Not too bad for a team rebuilding but i heard their gonna trade Nene so theirs still more work to do.

MelanconMadness
02-22-2011, 12:50 AM
Still easily a playoff team. I dont think this trade could have worked out better for both teams

hugepatsfan
02-22-2011, 12:54 AM
They're a bottom playoff team, which is the worse place to be in the NBA. They're in what I call pergatory. They need to keep dealing pieces off IMO. Trade Nene and get some value. Trade JR Smith. Trade Felton. If someone is willing to take Kenyon Martin, deal him. Buyout Al Harrington because he's a bum. In the NBA you either want to be really good or rebuilding, because the NBA isn't the NFL where the last playoff seed goes on a SB run.

SteveNash
02-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Crap.

hdxstunts1
02-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Yea i see a 2nd trade happening before Wednesday so this may need to hold off!

iggypop123
02-22-2011, 01:02 AM
This. Not too bad for a team rebuilding but i heard their gonna trade Nene so theirs still more work to do.

broussard said many teams want him but they will likely keep him. you never know. 2 days left.

blahblahyoutoo
02-22-2011, 01:10 AM
i hope they pull an upset in the playoffs on the lakers ;) haha that has a slim chance of happening, but that would be ****ing amazing basketball

i would love it if they won it all this year.
rooting for denver out of the west!

Hellcrooner
02-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Remain in playoffs this year probably.
Out of them next one.
Buts thats how rebuildings start.

Tru_lakersrep
02-22-2011, 01:14 AM
The Nuggets got the best deal possible for Melo. Going away from the star players being traded for a good player and crap rules and getting substansial assests. It was already a forgone conclusion that the Nugs wearnt gonna win anything this year so this trade along with the expiring contracts of Kenyon(What were they thinking right) Nene and JR they will have cap as well as flexibility with the pieces the aquired to make even more moves. Clearly building for the future. On the right path if u ask me

RedRicanoBx
02-22-2011, 01:19 AM
I love that team lol

CowboysKB24
02-22-2011, 01:19 AM
We won't know how good they are until we see them play.

They got the best deal possible IMO. I am not high on Favors or Harris. The 4 first round picks was ridiculous and they just would not have gotten anything guaranteed except for Harris, who is only average IMO.

Cubsfan365
02-22-2011, 01:40 AM
They have an 11-man rotation, which won't work in this league. They have to make at least one more trade before the deadline or some players will be unhappy with limited or no minutes.

icej
02-22-2011, 02:15 AM
I dont know but I think Nuggets could be the dark horse of the playoff, definitely not going to get very far but their success rate may be better. I am very surprised how the nuggets FO succeeded in getting so much of this trade, now they have so much trade chips to make their already good roster be more better. If they did trade again next couple of days, its very interesting if they could upgrade even more, coz I believe they have a good playoff team in their current roster now. They might be able to pull an upset.

The FO did surprising great amidst all the threat of a lose-lose situation.

abe_froman
02-22-2011, 02:16 AM
crap right now,but in a few years might be good

bootleg42
02-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Carmelo was the only reason the team became who they are. Now watch them fall again. The pieces they just got, are mediocre. Gallo will be their best player, and he'll only get 16 ppg. Plus now that he no longer can freely shot like he did under D'Antoni, he'll suffer.

Nuggets will be garbage........I mean.....they lost Renaldo Balkman

AddiX
02-22-2011, 02:27 AM
As a Knick fan I think they are basically the next Timberwolves.

It's a team of assets, but won't win games.

The players who were there before will be completely lost without Billups and Melo. The players we gave them are all average at best at this point.

iamsteel
02-22-2011, 02:38 AM
Who's team is it? Nene's?

yangx620
02-22-2011, 03:00 AM
getting rid of billups hurt, his leadership and expereince can help these guys, gallo is a good player, has potential to be great though, what if gallo becomes a better player than melo?

yangx620
02-22-2011, 03:02 AM
As a Knick fan I think they are basically the next Timberwolves.

It's a team of assets, but won't win games.

The players who were there before will be completely lost without Billups and Melo. The players we gave them are all average at best at this point.

no, those guys are not average, they are good starters, i dont get why people saying the knicks gave up guys who are chumps, these guys are good starters, but the lost of billups is the most important, signifying they are rebuilding

Ty Fast
02-22-2011, 05:21 AM
they will have cap space

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 01:47 AM
I have read many people say, the Nuggets are now in rebuilt mode, they are a lottery team..

I definitely beg to differ..

They traded a 25 ppg scorer for two 16 ppg scorers and a 17 ppg scorer.

Raymond Felton is averaging 17, Wilson Chandler 16, and Gallinari 16.

They have the making of a very good TEAM. A strong center in Nene, Kmart, J.R. Smith, who can light it up on any given night, and Ty Lawson!

If they trade Felton, which I think would be wise, for say an OJ Mayo type player, this team could easily compete.

Nene
Kmart
Gallinari
Mayo
Lawson

JR Smith
Chandler
Birdman

Those guys off the bench.

This is a deep-deep team guys, I think they will surprise a bunch of people

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Deep, but not quite competing. I could see them being like the Rockets.

BallIsAll
02-23-2011, 01:52 AM
Deep, but not quite competing. I could see them being like the Rockets.

i think better than the rockets, more like the bulls. definitely have the talent to compete lets see how it gels. one more legit scoring big man away unless mozzy can break out.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 01:54 AM
i think better than the rockets, more like the bulls. definitely have the talent to compete lets see how it gels. one more legit scoring big man away unless mozzy can break out.
Bulls? No, Nuggets don't have Rose or Boozer type talent or the great defense to match.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Maybe not the Bulls, especially in the deep west, but I can easily see this as a 6-8 seed.

tredigs
02-23-2011, 01:57 AM
No elite player, and I'm struggling to even see a clear leader on a squad like that. Agreed that Felton should be dealt, but they may want to package him and shoot a little higher than Mayo.

What do you mean by "compete". They'll be a team that can fight for wins night in/night out, but I'd put them near the bottom ten in the league. The continuity/talent/leadership that you lose with Billups+Anthony is huge. It's going take quite a while to get two half-teams under a new coach to start gelling, also. Without a clear-cut star to lead them, it makes that process even tougher.

Nikeman
02-23-2011, 02:01 AM
No elite player, and I'm struggling to even see a clear leader on a squad like that. Agreed that Felton should be dealt, but they may want to package him and shoot a little higher than Mayo.

What do you mean by "compete". They'll be a team that can fight for wins night in/night out, but I'd put them near the bottom ten in the league. The continuity/talent/leadership that you lose with Billups+Anthony is huge. It's going take quite a while to get two half-teams under a new coach to start gelling, also. Without a clear-cut star to lead them, it makes that process even tougher.

Leadership is needed yes, but if anyone I think George Karl can pull it off!

By compete I meant make the playoffs.

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Leadership is needed yes, but if anyone I think George Karl can pull it off!

By compete I meant make the playoffs.
I think this season they may drop out of the playoffs with the depth of the West and all the new pieces will disrupt chemistry. But next year, they can be a low seed playoff team possibly.

believeinNYK
02-23-2011, 02:25 AM
It's a deep team with an awesome bench but they have no defined leader
Hope it goes well over there for my guys gallo and Chandler though

DreStylez
02-23-2011, 02:33 AM
They're a really good team now. A lot more balanced. Good trade for the Nuggets organization:clap:

believeinNYK
02-23-2011, 02:35 AM
getting rid of billups hurt, his leadership and expereince can help these guys, gallo is a good player, has potential to be great though, what if gallo becomes a better player than melo?

I really wouldn't count on it, he could become a really good player in the league, say 18-20 ppg but he's not superstar material he can be like a Turkoglu/Stojakovic type player

BallIsAll
02-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Bulls? No, Nuggets don't have Rose or Boozer type talent or the great defense to match.

obviously you didnt see their team defense last night it was really impressive. i rather have talented shooting guards (2) and a really talented point guard than just rose IMO Lawson + Arron + Smith => Rose (still have yet to see how felton plays), if you think other wise then you overrate rose. We have a good talented big in Nene which matches up to boozer somewhat, not saying hes better tho, and we certainly have a better bench and coach than the bulls. I honestly think we got better with this trade. We had one of the most talented teams, take out a ball hog and let the talent shoot and we dont miss melo. As simple as that. We now got more athletic taller and better shooters.

We will miss him in late game situations but i heard gallo is a clutch shooter. We will see.

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Nuggets fans are gonna be plenty happy when they see what Chandler and Gallo can do, and when they see Felton's bulldog mentality they will fall in love with him.

Out of the players we lost most would say the loss of Gallo hurt the most but im mostly hurt about Felton. He played well and he regressed a bit, but you cant replace heart like that.

The Nuggets just got a big dose of heart and toughness with Felton.

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 10:53 AM
obviously you didnt see their team defense last night it was really impressive. i rather have talented shooting guards (2) and a really talented point guard than just rose IMO Lawson + Arron + Smith => Rose (still have yet to see how felton plays), if you think other wise then you overrate rose. We have a good talented big in Nene which matches up to boozer somewhat, not saying hes better tho, and we certainly have a better bench and coach than the bulls. I honestly think we got better with this trade. We had one of the most talented teams, take out a ball hog and let the talent shoot and we dont miss melo. As simple as that. We now got more athletic taller and better shooters.

We will miss him in late game situations but i heard gallo is a clutch shooter. We will see.

I wouldnt call him a clutch shooter. But he is gonna be a big time player. Im happy he will finally work with a real coach in George Karl who will teach him how to play the right way.

If you make him your primary option he will go for 25 a night. Teach him a post game and he WILL be the next Dirk.

And now that its over I want to apologize to Nuggets fans, it got ugly between us but its not your fault, unfortunately you got pulled into the Knicks-Nets borderwar and chose the wrong side.

No hard feelings, and enjoy those young guys...you'll grow to love this team I guarantee it. Well once you get over their young inconsistency. Gallo is the Anti-Melo. He needs to be more aggressive and demand the ball more if anything.

BallIsAll
02-23-2011, 10:54 AM
I wouldnt call him a clutch shooter. But he is gonna be a big time player. Im happy he will finally work with a real coach in George Karl who will teach him how to play the right way.

If you make him your primary option he will go for 25 a night. Teach him a post game and he WILL be the next Dirk.

im hoping for it i like felton's attitude about joining the team. he told massai not to trade him or the other ex-knicks because they want to help us win. really looking forward to thursday on TNT

Bornknick73
02-23-2011, 10:58 AM
im hoping for it i like felton's attitude about joining the team. he told massai not to trade him or the other ex-knicks because they want to help us win. really looking forward to thursday on TNT

but then again youre from jersey so youve seen how good Gallo and the rest can be. And as good as Lawson is....Felton will bump him back to backup. Hes that tough.

BallIsAll
02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
but then again youre from jersey so youve seen how good Gallo and the rest can be.

dont really watch to many knicks games but i saw glimpses of gallo last year and say chandler this year. chandler to me can be a top small forward when allowed to play within a flowing offense

Go_NUGGETS
02-23-2011, 12:15 PM

The main defensive cancer on our team is now on your team. Thank you!

Faithful Friar
02-28-2011, 02:48 PM
They will be better off in the long run. Now they have cap space as well.

Mudvayne91
03-15-2011, 03:46 AM
^ hopefully they use some of that space to retain Chandler and Felton.

IBleedPurple
03-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Crap.

Go Suns! Oh wait, they're terrible. As proven by 116-97 a couple days ago.

IBleedPurple
03-15-2011, 07:26 AM
I think this season they may drop out of the playoffs with the depth of the West and all the new pieces will disrupt chemistry. But next year, they can be a low seed playoff team possibly.

As proven by the Nuggets record lately :rolleyes:. They will make the playoffs.

Evolution23
03-15-2011, 09:01 AM
They are a good team but I doubt they are getting past the 1st round

MagicHero3
03-15-2011, 09:30 AM
I dont know, there are few beasts in the West compared to the East this yr, so them getting passed the 1st round in that conference isnt too unbelievable

JARVIS123
03-15-2011, 09:48 AM
i don't know why people thought the nuggets were going to be a bad team after melo left.they brought in 3 staters from the knicks who performs well.plus kept good pieces to help the team make the playoffs.

SteveNash
03-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Go Suns! Oh wait, they're terrible. As proven by 116-97 a couple days ago.

Suns are crap too :)