PDA

View Full Version : Is Lamarcus Aldridge a good enough 2nd option for an elite star player to win it all?

JordansBulls
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Is Lamarcus Aldridge a good enough 2nd option for an elite star player to win it all?

Has averaged 18 and 8 the previous 3 seasons and this season he is averaging 22 and 9

Create
02-21-2011, 08:59 PM
LaMarcuss Aldridge is a beast.

He is going to be elite.

The answer is yes.

JB0B0
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes. Look at it this way. If you swapped Aldridge with Gasol, Boozer, or Bosh, those respective teams would not skip a beat.

believeinNYK
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Possibly, but I still think that a contender would have to be deep if aldridge is their 2nd option

Jays Claw
02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Aldridge's season stats show that he's been more productive with Roy out. Seems as if he's got the build and potential to be a #1 option with the Blazers. Although the safer bet is that he turns out to be a very, very good #2.

MiamiWadeCounty
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes. He is really turning into an elite PF. As the other guys mentioned you could replace him with almost any contending team's PF and they would be just as good possibly better. He has a great shot at Player of the Month as well. He is leading the Blazers without Brandon Roy to a 5th seed in the tough west.

heattiltheend94
02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
With a healthy Roy, I would personally be scared of them.

MiamiWadeCounty
02-21-2011, 09:25 PM

Yep. If they had a healthy Roy and Oden, they could really be contending in the West.

NYMetros
02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Is Lamarcus Aldridge a good enough 2nd option for an elite star player to win it all?

Has averaged 18 and 8 the previous 3 seasons and this season he is averaging 22 and 9

Yes, most definitely. Great mid-range game and unreal hops.

John Walls Era
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Most of the questions asked by JB are very subjective and impossible to answer. Are we assuming everyone else is decent or is the rest of the team garbage? If LA was with some superstar, but they had a scrub PG or C, then no they won't win a championship.

DeShaun Brown
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes. He was, arguably, the biggest all-star snub this year.

DRose7
02-21-2011, 09:39 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Ohhh the oxymoron

Chacarron
02-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Of course. Lamarcus is dope gangsta.

goblazers7
02-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Yes, most definitely. Great mid-range game and unreal hops.

His hops arent unreal. His low post skills are money now. Hed be averaging 25/11 if roy didnt play at all the season

thekmp211
02-21-2011, 09:52 PM
on the right team, for sure.

5ass
02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
arent the blazers like 19-3 when LMA puts up 20+ points?
he's the number 1 option on his team so i guess he could be a number 1 option, if not then a very solid #2

JordansBulls
02-22-2011, 12:52 PM
arent the blazers like 19-3 when LMA puts up 20+ points?
he's the number 1 option on his team so i guess he could be a number 1 option, if not then a very solid #2

Are they 19-3 when he puts up 20+?

FutureGM
02-22-2011, 01:07 PM
If Roy was there this team would be scary.

Bravo95
02-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Yes.

Red Hot Rolllin
02-22-2011, 01:17 PM
LMA getting to the rack has gotten him more FT attempts I think he is just scratching the surface now that he gets to the line. Roy out has def helped his progress.

Hellcrooner
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
unless you find him a very tough defensive center that gets many rebounds Nope.

bulldog312
02-22-2011, 01:22 PM
If the rest of the team is solid, then sure, I don't see why not. If you switched him out for Boozer, Bosh, Gasol, etc I think those teams are still contenders.

Edit: I guess Bosh wouldn't count, because he would be the #3 option there, but I think you understand my point.

Hellcrooner
02-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Its funny how people say, If roy was there they woudl be better.

Funny thing is they ahve a WORSE record with roy that withoth roy.

Why?

Since Roy is Out MATHEWS; BATUM,MILLER and RUDY are playing WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER , ALDRIGE TOO.
With roy back ALL of them would experience a downard in their success specially aldrige who would see much less touches.
So nope they most porbably WOULDNT be better with ROy.
Tricky situation for them since those knees make him untradeable

Sasuke11
02-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Most of the questions asked by JB are very arbitrary and easy to answer. Are we assuming everyone else is decent or is the rest of the team garbage? If LA was with some superstar, but they had a scrub PG or C, then no they won't win a championship.

fixed

Raph12
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Short answer... Yes.

gsgs49
02-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Of course he can.He is the #1 option of the 5 seed in the west,so add a top 10 player like lbj,wade,durant etc.. to the blazers and this team will be a contender.
Sadly Roy is injured so he can't be that player.

gsgs49
02-22-2011, 02:07 PM

Why?

Since Roy is Out MATHEWS; BATUM,MILLER and RUDY are playing WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER , ALDRIGE TOO.
With roy back ALL of them would experience a downard in their success specially aldrige who would see much less touches.

Did you read what people said?they said if Roy was HEALTHY,they would be scary,the key word here is healthy.He hadn't been healthy this season even when he played,take a minute and look a his per stats and advanced stats before making your smart comment.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/roybr01.html
There is a huge difference.He was a top 12 player last two seasons.
Aldrige's numbers would fall but this portland team+Healthy Roy=contender even without Oden

barreleffact
02-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Im not a LMA fan. He isnt a great rebounder and has never shown me much. I honestly think ppl just have a new fetish for him because they love an underdog, they feel he got snubbed when he legitimately did NOT get snubbed(and basically cried about it that he wanted to be in it as if it was his right), and because ppl hate the legit stars. Gasol is sooo efficient playing next to Kobe AND he rebounds. Shaq was a beast when he was second fiddle to Wade. Championships with only 2 legit stars arent easy and that second huy is usually just as valuable as the first in some respects. I dont see that from him. I think of him more as a glorified Odom...Odom as a starter gets nowhere near the respect and IMO playes better and rebounds sooooo much better(he just has a terrible knack for being inconsistent)

Hellcrooner
02-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Did you read what people said?they said if Roy was HEALTHY,they would be scary,the key word here is healthy.He hadn't been healthy this season even when he played,take a minute and look a his per stats and advanced stats before making your smart comment.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/roybr01.html
There is a huge difference.He was a top 12 player last two seasons.
Aldrige's numbers would fall but this portland team+Healthy Roy=contender even without Oden

Even if "healthy" my stance still stands.

All the dudes mentioned play WORSE when ROy is there.

Why?

Because when roy is there its all bout ROy and not bout the team.
Now the ball is been moved better the gam eis more fluid and is working ( i know, i actually watch the games)
WHen roy is in the system is the ROy system , give him teh ball and get out of his way.
Roy even complained bout MIller because Miller " had the ball in his hands too much".
Believe me they woudl be really better if they coudl trade Roy somwhere else.
Maybe make a swap of Dangerous injured goods with say Rockets and Ming.

jrm2054
02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes.

RZZZA
02-22-2011, 03:29 PM
I would probably take LaMarcus Aldridge over Carlos Boozer right now.

not even probably

gsgs49
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Even if "healthy" my stance still stands.

All the dudes mentioned play WORSE when ROy is there.

Why?

Because when roy is there its all bout ROy and not bout the team.
Now the ball is been moved better the gam eis more fluid and is working ( i know, i actually watch the games)
WHen roy is in the system is the ROy system , give him teh ball and get out of his way.
Roy even complained bout MIller because Miller " had the ball in his hands too much".
Believe me they woudl be really better if they coudl trade Roy somwhere else.
Maybe make a swap of Dangerous injured goods with say Rockets and Ming.

Ok,but it's normal.When your best player is injured other players would step up and play better.And the offense would be more balanced and there would be more ball movement because you don't have a consistent scorer and when you are a star guard you should have the ball in your hands.I don't consider Roy a selfish player because of this he isn't a ballhog,his career average is 5 assists that isn't bad for a SG
And for sure portland with Roy>portland without Roy

J-Relo
02-22-2011, 05:57 PM
depends on how good the #1 is, also how good the surrounding cast, bench is...

he could be.

SteveNash
02-22-2011, 06:03 PM

Why?

Moody is not playing way better, he's still shooting the ball like ****. Easily one of the worst players in the NBA.

valade16
02-22-2011, 06:04 PM
depends on how good the #1 is, also how good the surrounding cast, bench is...

he could be.

Of course it depends on the team but get real, he would for sure be a great 2nd option.

Since Roy has been out he's averaging 25 and 10, Those are #1 numbers.

He has developed so well there isn't a PF in the league I'd trade him for, and only a handfull of players overall.

He's a damn good number 1, as a number 2 he'd be a beast

bmd1101
02-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Most of the questions asked by JB are very subjective and impossible to answer. Are we assuming everyone else is decent or is the rest of the team garbage? If LA was with some superstar, but they had a scrub PG or C, then no they won't win a championship.

Scrub starting PG's win chips all the time, look over the last 10 years, the best PG's on chip teams were Parker, and Billups. The Derek Fisher's of the world won the rest...

ragee
02-22-2011, 08:51 PM
unless you find him a very tough defensive center that gets many rebounds Nope.

We already found one... The problem is he couldn't stay healthy...

JordansBulls
02-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Moody is not playing way better, he's still shooting the ball like ****. Easily one of the worst players in the NBA.

What do you mean?

NBA_Starter
02-23-2011, 01:00 AM
Yes, I think so, he is Beasting this year and has even more potential in my eyes.

jimm120
02-23-2011, 01:18 AM
to me, he'd be a "low grade" #2.

See it like this: Amare has been a #2 up until this season, but a high end #2. This season, playing on his own, he stepped up to be a low grade #1.

Aldridge is lower than that.

so.

Still, good player

blastmasta26
02-23-2011, 01:47 AM
If Brandon Roy returned to pre-injury status, then I would consider the Blazers legit contenders. So yes.

sciferguy
02-23-2011, 02:34 AM

Come on man, you can come up with a better reply than that. That's like saying Steve Nash is the worst MVP player ever because he's never made it to the finals. Arguable maybe..but nowhere near the truth. He is a very average player who got overhyped as a rookie because he has great upside and showed some flashiness but in reality has had a very inconsistent career thus far. He has looked better with more playing time...not Lamarcus better, but better than last year for sure but no better than average.