PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Rumors (Other than Melo!!)

xM1GSx
02-21-2011, 06:18 PM
OTHER THAN ANY MELO TALK, has anyone heard of any other deals that are in progress?

Iron24th
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
It seems Melo is the only one.

Create
02-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Gallo Felton Chandler MOSGOV!! :silly:

SteBO
It seems Melo is the only one.
Melo is the only important one this time around.

ks32
hopefully the knicks cut the crap with melo and talk to washington about javale mcgee

Create
TayShaun Prince might get traded.

phlp_bj
02-21-2011, 06:32 PM
rasual butler possibly to the bulls

marlinsfan24
02-21-2011, 06:33 PM
All trades seem to be waiting on the Melo trade. Nothing will be done before that IMO.

DRE'-MAC
02-21-2011, 06:35 PM
All teams are waiting for Melo to be traded because that will open the doors for other trades

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
by the time melo is traded, the deadline will be up and other teams waiting to make a move will run out of time

The Dream
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Melo

D1JM
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
I think the nba office is closed today

The Dream
02-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Melo

MELO

Melo

melo

Melo

melo

Melo
:clap:

shep33
I've read stuff about the following guys getting dealt from various sites:

-Anthony Parker
-Jamison
-Moe Williams

-Tayshaun
-Camby
-JR Smith
-Pietrus
-Rip and Artest== although nobody wants their contracts
-Gerald Wallace
-Felton could get traded twice really. If he goes to Denver, then they might trade him for a pick or something
-Mayo

Celts might deal for a wing

JWO35
LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade for Richard Hamilton and a 2nd rounder is in the works according to ESPN Reports...

godolphins
02-21-2011, 06:44 PM
WojYahooNBA: On prowl for scoring punch, Hornets inquired w/ Bucks on Corey Maggette, sources tell Y! Conversation didn't advance. Demps is very active.

Create
02-21-2011, 06:45 PM
^ Yes but Pistons are reluctant to give up that 2nd Rounder.

Tells me Chris Brossouard.

psperry34116
02-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Celts are looking Prince, Rip, Rasual, Anthony Parker

godolphins
02-21-2011, 06:48 PM
WojYahooNBA: Charlotte's active in talks to move Gerald Wallace and/or Stephen Jackson, league execs say. Houston, Portland, others w/ eye on Wallace.

chitown815
The Bulls are talking to Denver about JR Smith, They are working out d-leaguers, mostly pg, so I assume a deal with Cj Watson and Jr Smith may be in the works?

championships
LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade for Richard Hamilton and a 2nd rounder is in the works according to ESPN Reports...

That would be a good deal for the Heat. Man talk about Detroit being robbed!!

tcav701
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
The Nuggets are going to spin Gallo to the Nets.

Create
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
The Chicago Bulls have long been rumored to be in the market for depth at shooting guard this season with most rumors suggesting the team is focused on trading for a player like Houston's Courtney Lee or Cleveland's Anthony Parker before Thursday's NBA trade deadline. FanHouse.com

:shrug:

A lot people in here.

Probably think the Thread Maker posted bunch of trade rumors and then were dissapointed.

shep33
02-21-2011, 06:51 PM

My sources tell me it's an elusive 3rd round pick is involved...

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 06:52 PM
BOS is supposedly at least discussing Anthony Parker w/ CLE and Rasual Butler w/ the Clips. We need another wing w/ some size because of the Daniels injury.

Create
02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
My sources tell me it's an elusive 3rd round pick is involved...

Well with the new CBA.

It is highly likely the Pistons will sell their mascot, and that will put them out of debt.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
The Bulls are talking to Denver about JR Smith, They are working out d-leaguers, mostly pg, so I assume a deal with Cj Watson and Jr Smith may be in the works?
money doesnt work so no,thats not going to happen

chitown815
02-21-2011, 06:56 PM
i asked hollinger (trade machine) and he said

LBJ, Flash, Bosh for Rip, Prince, BG, and Villanueva works and the heat only decrease 8 wins, seems a lil off to me

chitown815
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
money doesnt work so no,thats not going to happen

yes, I know the Bulls would obviously include more to get jr smith for example jj, bogans, and cj for jr smith works

or CJ and Brewer for JR Smith

Steelers23_06
02-21-2011, 07:01 PM
i asked hollinger (trade machine) and he said

LBJ, Flash, Bosh for Rip, Prince, BG, and Villanueva works and the heat only decrease 8 wins, seems a lil off to me

well because you forgot to add the mj factor. i heard the GOAT is only coming out of retirement to play for the heat and he definitely would to play with rip, prince, gordon and villanueva. and adding the goat wouldnt make them lose those 8 it would actually increase their wins by 10. make the trade so my boy mike james can come out of retirement and wow us one last time.

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
WojYahooNBA: Charlotte's active in talks to move Gerald Wallace and/or Stephen Jackson, league execs say. Houston, Portland, others w/ eye on Wallace.

S-Jax's deal is not all that pretty, but as a player he would be ****ing perfect in BOS. I would definately consider making an offer for him.

CHA gets: Marquise Daniels, Jermaine O'Neil, Nate Robinson ($12,435,000)
BIS gets: Stephen Jackson, Nazr Mohammed ($15,333,800)

That works out according to the ESPN trade machine. It saves CHA a lot of money. JO and Nate expire a year earlier than S-Jax (they expire after next year, S-Jax has 2 more years after this). Also, this moves allows CHA to only pay the remaining portion of Daniels' 2.4 mil salary for this year instead of the remaining part of the 6+ mil owed to Mohammed.

If CHA is in cost cutting mode, then this would really help them. For BOS, it gives them a GREAT backup wing to PP and Ray. It does remove some of their cap space for the summer of 2012, but I'm not sure that they will be able to entice Dwight, CP3, or D-Will to come to BOS anyway. They would still only have $37,850,345 committed to their payroll, so they technically could still offer a max deal to Dwight (though the new CBA may change that).

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 07:06 PM
yes, I know the Bulls would obviously include more to get jr smith for example jj, bogans, and cj for jr smith works

or CJ and Brewer for JR Smith

that second one is not going to happen.we have interest but its unlikely.we have interest in alot of sg's

my gut is a cheapy like rasul butler,parker or just get nothing at all

WizFan3
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
hopefully the knicks cut the crap with melo and talk to washington about javale mcgee

mcgee for mozgov and fields would not be a bad trade

AntiG
02-21-2011, 07:10 PM
dwyane wade wants out of miami

Gators123
02-21-2011, 07:12 PM

Hes going to Chicago.

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 07:12 PM
mcgee for mozgov and fields would not be a bad trade

I don't like it for the Knicks. It makes sense talent wise, but not when you factor in what the Knicks need IMO. They need tough minded defensive players, especially if they land Melo (I think they will w/ out including Fields or Mozgov). Mozgov and Fields are great options to play the 2 and the 5 w/ Billups, Melo, and Stat.

Create
02-21-2011, 07:13 PM

we want wade

we want wade!

Rivera
02-21-2011, 07:16 PM

GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uIbUo1F2C4)

stlbest5in2013
02-21-2011, 07:18 PM

true that except mcgee has to be available which i havent heard of yet. also the fact that carmelo alone is better then the package the knicks are offering.

Chateamsfan
02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Rumored trade by credible source:
Charlotte gets Chris Kaman and Craig Smith
L.A. Clippers gets Vince Carter(4 million dollar buyout) and PHX 1st rd pick from Orlando
Phoenix gets Boris Diaw and Nazr Mohammed

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 07:23 PM
L.A. Clippers gets Vince Carter(4 million dollar buyout) and PHX 1st rd pick from Orlando

I can't see PHX giving up a 1st rounder for Boris Diaw and Mohammed. I also think that taking on Diaws deal is a bad move to. They would be getting screwed.

xM1GSx
i heard devin harris is gone either by way of a melo trade or a seperate deal. heard rumors with the blazers

NBA_Starter

Hopefully just Jack!:pray:

nolafan33
02-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh man, the Hornets are in a ton of trade rumors, some from the media and some from "sources" (I really hate that word). Here's the players that I've heard about:

Antawn Jamison
Jamario Moon
Ramon Sessions
JR Smith
Corey Maggette
Troy Murphy
Gerald Wallace
Andre Igoduala
Joel Pryzbilla
Rudy Fernandez
Travis Outlaw
Thaddeus Young
Andrei Nocioni
First round picks

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 07:25 PM

I'd love to hear a CHA fan's perspective on my proposed deal (post #33 in this thread).

bigsams50
02-21-2011, 07:26 PM

I don't see why Charlotte would do this. Kaman's contract is horrible

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't see why Charlotte would do this. Kaman's contract is horrible

It's a bad deal for CHA, a bad deal for PHX, and a good deal for LAC. I can't see that happening.

bigsams50

This. I'd rather trade Jack and his horrible contract, and give Henderson more PT, then Trade our best player.

NBA_Starter

I'd do that in a minute!

DRose7
02-21-2011, 07:31 PM
espm's reporting that the Mavs are close to a deal with the Pistons for either Hamilton or Prince for a 1st and 2nd Rd Pick, and cash

NBA_Starter
02-21-2011, 07:34 PM
S-Jax's deal is not all that pretty, but as a player he would be ****ing perfect in BOS. I would definately consider making an offer for him.

That works out according to the ESPN trade machine. It saves CHA a lot of money. JO and Nate expire a year earlier than S-Jax (they expire after next year, S-Jax has 2 more years after this). Also, this moves allows CHA to only pay the remaining portion of Daniels' 2.4 mil salary for this year instead of the remaining part of the 6+ mil owed to Mohammed.

If CHA is in cost cutting mode, then this would really help them. For BOS, it gives them a GREAT backup wing to PP and Ray. It does remove some of their cap space for the summer of 2012, but I'm not sure that they will be able to entice Dwight, CP3, or D-Will to come to BOS anyway. They would still only have $37,850,345 committed to their payroll, so they technically could still offer a max deal to Dwight (though the new CBA may change that).

I like Nate and tbh it's really not that bad of an offer, I've def. heard worse I'd like to search around and possibly get Mayo from Memphis (while his value is low) for Jack but if that can't happen I'd prob do this if nothing else than to save the $$.

NBA_Starter
02-21-2011, 07:34 PM
espm's reporting that the Mavs are close to a deal with the Pistons for either Hamilton or Prince for a 1st and 2nd Rd Pick, and cash

Good deal for the Mavs.

Create
02-21-2011, 07:37 PM

Where I don't see it.

Hopefully it's RIP!!!

DRose7
02-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Good deal for the Mavs.

yeah too bad espM reporters dont exist...but Cuban should go after em

MiamiWadeCounty

Seems reasonable. I think it would more likely be Prince to fill the SF void.

Crackadalic
Houston wants Nene but are waiting for the melo deal to finish. Also wants to trade Aaron Brooks since he is an expiring and lost his starting spot

Create
02-21-2011, 07:39 PM
yeah too bad espM reporters dont exist...but Cuban should go after em

Wow got me excited for no reason.

DRose7
02-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Lmao I was joking guys ahaha, but its something Cuban might have up his sleeves

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
The Houston Rockets would love to obtain Carmelo Anthony(notes) from the Denver Nuggets before the trade deadline next week, but the team may have to settle for 6-11 Brazilian center Nene.

ESPN New York reports that the Rockets are offering a combination of young players and draft picks for him.

Nene has an early termination option in his contract for this summer, so the Nuggets may want to trade him in a package deal rather than lose him for nothing if he chooses to cut ties with the organization. CBS Sports reported earlier this month that the Golden State Warriors also have interest in him.

Nene is averaging 15.1 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and .9 blocks per game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Nuggets-sending-Nene-to-Rockets-?urn=nba-322705

Create
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
And if Pistons trade Tay for 1st Round and 2nd Round pick that's terrible. Thats not even good for Pistons that would be a late 1st round pick.

Gators123
02-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Sam Smith....

There has been talk, though, the Pistons could deal Prince this week for another expiring contract, like that of the injured Caron Butler, and perhaps get a draft pick and as much money from a team like Dallas.

Not sure if I believe him though, because he also talks about the Pistons possibly buying out Prince, and that makes zero sense.

Hunter48MVP
02-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Stephen Jackson or Gerald Wallace to the Lakers!

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
While we wait for the Carmelo Anthony trade rumors to come to a merciful end, the rest of the NBA attempts to gauge opportunities for deals ahead of the NBA trade deadline this Thursday at 3 PM Easter. 'Melo may or may not be headed to the New Jersey Nets or New York Knicks, and the Nets may or may not take on some Knicks in an absurd mash-up of the reported offers. Wackadoo!

There was some non-'Melo chatter out there on Monday. Here are the highlights.

* Gerald Wallace could be on the move. The Charlotte Bobcats' small forward, a strong defender and rebounder, is available, according to Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski. The Houston Rockets and Portland Trail Blazers are among the teams interested. Houston has been reluctant to extend any of the team's own players past this season; Aaron Brooks, Shane Battier and Chuck Hayes all learned that the hard way. Wallace is on the books beyond this year, but would add a top-flight inside player to team with Luis Scola and Kevin Martin.

* If the Denver Nuggets end up with Raymond Felton in an Anthony deal, Marc Stein of ESPN.com reports, they will try to flip him. Felton is an above-average point guard on a short contract that only runs through next season. There should be a plethora of buyers if the Nuggets get him and look to trade him.

* Who's the most likely to be traded Phoenix Sun? That'd be Mickael Pietrus, according to Seth Pollack of SB Nation Arizona. The defender who helped the Orlando Magic get to the 2009 NBA Finals could be of interest to contending teams.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/21/2006320/nba-trade-rumors-gerald-wallace-blazers-rockets

Just a couple names thats been thrown out there

xabial
02-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Keith Bogans :silly:

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Here's a roundup of NBA trade rumors involving the Detroit Pistons from around the Web. (Disclaimer: We're just compiling them for you, not vouching for their accuracy.) The NBA trade deadline is Thursday.

Pistons president Joe Dumars won’t hesitate to make a trade if it improves the team immediately or down the road, he told pistons.com.

“Absolutely," he said. “The approach should never change. The approach is, man, if we can make a deal that can help us make a push these last 25 games, let’s do it. Let’s go for it. That’s how we’re going to approach it. That’s how we’ve always approached it, and we’ll look at it no differently. If there’s something out there that we say this could help bring our team together or give us a push, that’s what we’ll do.

“What it has to do is either give you an immediate push or really brighten your future. It has to be one or the other. If it’s not one of those two, it probably won’t make sense for you."

Dumars added that he’d like to re-sign veteran Tracy McGrady, who has taken over at point guard, and Rodney Stuckey, who is a restricted free agent.

• NBA.com, on Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince: "With the team losing money and about to be sold, why wouldn’t they take back maybe $1.5 million for a player they’re not keeping? Prince could make it right back with a team like the Bulls, where he could play some shooting guard and be another scorer and defender who also can create off the wing, seemingly to me a far better prospect that many of the shooting guard targets who have been speculated about. There has been talk, though, the Pistons could deal Prince this week for another expiring contract, like that of the injured Caron Butler, and perhaps get a draft pick and as much money from a team like Dallas.

• SI.com: They would love to move Richard Hamilton's contract, but there have been no takers: Not only is he guaranteed $21.5 million over the next two seasons, but his sophisticated move-without-the-ball style isn't easily incorporated into many offenses. He would be a terrific fit off the bench for the Celtics, who run similar plays for Ray Allen, but Boston won't want to take on that money.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110221/SPORTS03/110221027/1051/SPORTS03/Monday-s-Pistons-trade-rumors?odyssey=nav|head

Bulls and Mavs are looking into Prince, Rip Likely not trading because of his contract

cutiepie80
02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Chris Broussard just said Bulls are trying to send Brewer, Bogans, their 1st and the bobcats 1st next year for Mayo.

Create
02-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Keith Bogans :silly:

Lol, I just made that face and said that since he said besides Melo.

And I don't know if this is intended towards me but Im not a Chicago Fan.

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Chris Broussard just said Bulls are trying to send Brewer, Bogans, their 1st and the bobcats 1st next year for Mayo.

Interesting. Now thats a upgrade to the bulls backcourt but i dont how it would work chemistry wise. Idk why the Grizz would do this knowing they need to save enough money to sign Marc Gasol

DRose7
02-21-2011, 07:56 PM
NBA.com, on Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince: "With the team losing money and about to be sold, why wouldn’t they take back maybe $1.5 million for a player they’re not keeping? Prince could make it right back with a team like the Bulls, where he could play some shooting guard and be another scorer and defender who also can create off the wing, seemingly to me a far better prospect that many of the shooting guard targets who have been speculated about. There has been talk, though, the Pistons could deal Prince this week for another expiring contract, like that of the injured Caron Butler, and perhaps get a draft pick and as much money from a team like Dallas.

Bulls and Mavs are looking into Prince, Rip Likely not trading because of his contract

Mavs are definitely not trading away Bulter anymore, especially not for Prince, but him being traded to the mavs for picks and cash isnt a bad idea for the mavs at all. It would be hard to see Bulls owners signing in on Prince due to his contract, but I know Cuban doesnt give two shyts

DRose7
02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Mavs are definitely not trading away Bulter anymore, especially not for Prince, but him being traded to the mavs for picks and cash isnt a bad idea for the mavs at all. It would be hard to see Bulls owners signing in on Prince due to his contract, but I know Cuban doesnt give two shyts

Although his contract is expiring (i believe) so you never know..

xabial
02-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Lol, I just made that face and said that since he said besides Melo.

And I don't know if this is intended towards me but Im not a Chicago Fan.

No for some reason You making fun of Mosgov as holding up the Melo Deal, and posting up that smiley reminded me of Bull's Fan's contempt for Keith Bogans.

Nothing meant at you directly I know your not a Bulls Fan

RZZZA
02-21-2011, 08:17 PM

stupid imo. First of all, giving up Brewer is dumb, would much rather give up Taj. Secondly, doing it for OJ Mayo is even more dumb. Would rather have Courtney Lee.

ragee
02-21-2011, 08:17 PM

S-Jax for Caron Butler... I think that's better... Cuban, please make it happen!

Anilyzer
02-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Lakers could trade Walton for Hamilton using their trade exemption... would save Detroit some money... maybe include a 2nd round pick or cash with the deal...

Create
02-21-2011, 08:35 PM
No for some reason You making fun of Mosgov as holding up the Melo Deal, and posting up that smiley reminded me of Bull's Fan's contempt for Keith Bogans.

Nothing meant at you directly I know your not a Bulls Fan

Nah was just making it because he said besides melo and capatiliez MOSGOV! because his last name sounds funny.

NJ Raven
02-21-2011, 08:37 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2011/02/canzano_blog_new_jersey_nets_t.html

NJ is focusing their attention to the Portland trade.

DRose7
02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
S-Jax for Caron Butler... I think that's better... Cuban, please make it happen!

Out of loyalty I dont think its going to happen, or else Cuban would have pulled the trigger on Bulter a long time ago. The dudes been working so hard to get back on court -- despite doctors saying he's out until next season -- it would just be a big blow to the face (he has already fell in love with the mavs family, and said he plans on re-signing).

BUT Watch out for Cuban trading picks, cash, or small role players (Wood,Mahinmi,Cardinal) for good value

Bulls_fan90
02-21-2011, 08:59 PM

Link?

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-21-2011, 08:59 PM

If we trade Brewer we better find another defensive stopper at SG to take his place.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM

dont believe it,kills 2 depth and thats too much to give up for mayo value wise and lastly dunno why they'd want brewer in a deal,they had their chance to re sign him in the summer but didnt

SteBO
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
If we trade Brewer we better find another defensive stopper at SG to take his place.
I was wondering why you guys don't start Brewer ahead of Bogans?

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-21-2011, 09:04 PM

Since its been working, I guess theres no need to change it. Bogans has been starting off hot hitting his 3s in the 1st quarter. Brewer gets the most minutes anyways and finishes games.

JB0B0
02-21-2011, 09:05 PM

His jump shot is atrocious. Worse than Bogans, believe it or not.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 09:06 PM

thibs has an insane man crush on him.and thinks he fits well with starting unit...and the past couple months its been hard to argue it,we're something like 13-1 when getting 6+ points from him.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
dont believe it,kills 2 depth and thats too much to give up for mayo value wise and lastly dunno why they'd want brewer in a deal,they had their chance to re sign him in the summer but didnt

Exactly, that trade makes no sense for Memphis, they're already stacked at the wings. If anything they'd want Taj who I would definitely trade for Mayo. He's been great for us but with Noah coming back now, he is expendable if we can get a significant upgrade at the 2.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM

Bogans actually has a nice looking shot, wish he was just a better more consistent shooter. But he has been shooting a lot better I'll give him that.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Bogans actually has a nice looking shot, wish he was just a better more consistent shooter. But he has been shooting a lot better I'll give him that.
he's talking about brewer i believe,who as a messed up arm so cant shoot that well from distance

SteBO
02-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Since its been working, I guess theres no need to change it. Bogans has been starting off hot hitting his 3s in the 1st quarter. Brewer gets the most minutes anyways and finishes games.

thibs has an insane man crush on him.

Hmm. I guess since it has worked then there isn't really a rush to change it. Apparently Broussard stated the Bulls are looking to trade Bogans and Brewer for Mayo, and I think it's a mistake to trade Brewer. He's good defensively and he runs the floor well. especially with good PG's like he did with Deron Williams. I think that's giving away too much depth for a guy in Mayo, who you really don't know what you're going get from him. Besides, the chemistry of the team looks good, so why give that up, especially with Noah coming back for y'all on Wednsday.

sunsfan88
02-21-2011, 09:13 PM

Steve Nash: "PHX is ready for you Dwayne"

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Hmm. I guess since it has worked then there isn't really a rush to change it. Apparently Broussard stated the Bulls are looking to trade Bogans and Brewer for Mayo, and I think it's a mistake to trade Brewer. He's good defensively and he runs the floor well. especially with good PG's like he did with Deron Williams. I think that's giving away too much depth for a guy in Mayo, who you really don't know what you're going get from him. Besides, the chemistry of the team looks good, so why give that up, especially with Noah coming back for y'all on Wednsday.

i think for us to advance in the playoffs,we'll need to make the lives allen,wade,jj,jrich as difficult as possible,mayo isnt going to go shot for shot with those guys.so brewer and his defense will be key to our chances

OT Thriller
02-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Lakers could trade Walton for Hamilton using their trade exemption... would save Detroit some money... maybe include a 2nd round pick or cash with the deal...

That would be awesome for the Lakers and Hamilton!

hgtiger32
02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone get the feeling that the Magic will try to make a move?

JWO35
02-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic ship Nelson out for another big man...

psperry34116
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic ship Nelson out for another big man...
If they dont they should, give Arenas a starting slot he might start sucking just a bit less

fadedmario
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Well with the new CBA.

It is highly likely the Pistons will sell their mascot, and that will put them out of debt.

The Pistons are one of the only teams' in the league that have zero debt. :facepalm:

Create
02-21-2011, 09:52 PM
The Pistons are one of the only teams' in the league that have zero debt. :facepalm:

Buddy if you read the previous posts you would know I was joking, saying random things.

I said that randomly.

Did you read what I said before that?

Sell there mascot?

Clearly a joke.

Lighten up just trying to have some fun.

Dade County
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Anyone get the feeling that the Magic will try to make a move?

I hope so.

Lake_Show2416
02-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Artest for Jameer Nelson (maybe some minimal fillers)

idk how Magic fans would like this trade but it gives them some defense of presence other than Dwight and inturn it will open up the starting PG position to Arenas who I think is a better starter then bench player

and as a Lakers fan I feel confident with Barnes as our defensive guy and can give us the needed help at the point... a quick point

heysuckit
02-21-2011, 11:01 PM
i just heard a rumor the nets are going to get mozgov and harris is going to dalls

Arch Stanton
02-21-2011, 11:02 PM
I heard Denver is trading Melo to the Knicks for a bag of shaved and frozen gerbils and actress/singer/songwriter Julianne Hough from the Pro-Active commercials.

Yunqn
02-22-2011, 01:07 AM
now that carmelo anthony has been traded to new york, i expect alot of other teams to be getting ready to make their own deals..

i think a team like the nets will still trade devin harris given they already put him in a number of deals to feel that they dont want him anymore as their future point guard and the feeling just might be mutual with him..

i feel the nuggets might still make another trade.. i just dont see them wanting to keep felton given they already have lawson and dont have to resign him. they can probably get a 1st and a player for felton and add on to what they got for carmelo..

i just dont see carmelo being the only move this deadline.. it may be the biggest one out there but i just dont see this as the only one out there..
so my question is.. whats the next move?

is chicago really goina stay put?, or is jr smith officially on the table for them?.. are the nuggets really going to keep nene and pay chandler this offseason instead of fully rebuilding or do they actually move them for picks and rebuild now knowing they wont have a contending team or future star?
is oj mayo & stephen jackson really going to stay put ? or does houston and chicago make a deadline push for mayo and does dallas move caron's expiring for captain jack?

these are all obvs. opinions.. but ima sports fan like everyone else and we all do the same.. so my question is will there be any other moves to look out for?

210Don
02-22-2011, 01:09 AM
i dont see why nets would trade harris i mean, if for melo yes but not for anything else

Yunqn
02-22-2011, 01:27 AM
i dont see why nets would trade harris i mean, if for melo yes but not for anything else

why wouldnt they? the guy isnt anything special in their eyes..
i can see him going to portland.. i just dont think avery wants to have devin run his system.. and they will wan to move outlaws contract so trading harris will be the only way..

Yunqn
02-22-2011, 01:32 AM
im reaching a bit with this one.. but can danilo gallinari play the 2?

it wouldnt be wild for chicago to have a guy like him out there..
he is athletic enough to play it ..maybe not fast enough, but how many fast guards are out there really? its a bit overrated about speed at that position and bogans was exclusively a sf most of his career and people said he wasnt a 2 guard..so if he can without people complaining than why cant gallo? he does hustle and can play defense and he can obvs. bringing shooting to our team(chicago)..

im just saying..

dc5jdm
02-22-2011, 02:42 AM
Ive read that the celtics are talkin to houston about Battier
also The bobcats wanna deal either Stephen jackson or G wallace.

yangx620
02-22-2011, 02:55 AM
well, heard form a reliable sources, that nuggets want to get rid of jr, nene and felton

raidersrock99
02-22-2011, 02:59 AM
kings may look to trade carl landry his contract is expiring.

MagicBucsSox
02-22-2011, 03:01 AM
The Nuggets would reportedly trade Raymond Felton to another team if they acquire him in a deal for Carmelo Anthony.
Felton should start and have solid fantasy value no matter where he lands, though his numbers will inevitably drop off if he leaves New York's PG-friendly system. This also indicates that the Nuggets view Ty Lawson as their PG of the future, and fantasy owners should scoop him up if he was dropped.

Bulls_fan90
02-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Why would they want to move Felton? He's a solid starter. He could also be used to backup Lawson. His contract is also pretty decent.

gilly
02-22-2011, 09:24 AM
I love Ray Felt, I hope he can start somewhere. Send him to LA for Artest :cool:

TheDiggler
02-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Monta Ellis to the Yankees. Sources told me ...

aussie
02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Hornets are going to add 10M to every player but CP3, Okafor and Thornton and trade Belinelli, Banks, Smith, Gray, Andersen, Jack, DWest, Ariza for Kobe, Durant, Dwight, Dirk, LeBron, Granger, Horford and Ricky Rubio

Dell told me himself

TO to the CHI
02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
im reaching a bit with this one.. but can danilo gallinari play the 2?

it wouldnt be wild for chicago to have a guy like him out there..
he is athletic enough to play it ..maybe not fast enough, but how many fast guards are out there really? its a bit overrated about speed at that position and bogans was exclusively a sf most of his career and people said he wasnt a 2 guard..so if he can without people complaining than why cant gallo? he does hustle and can play defense and he can obvs. bringing shooting to our team(chicago)..

im just saying..

Has Bogans done anything to show that he is a two guard? Every Bulls fan on earth wants a starting 2 to replace him with. That is not a coincidence.

I like Gallo, but he is not an answer for the Bulls at the 2. They need someone stronger on the defensive end (though not necessarily just a stopper) and the system will only camouflage Gallo's issues there so much. His shooting though could help the team off the bench.

Dodgers99
02-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Their are rumors that the Nuggets are looking to move Galinari. Clippers and Nets are among those interested.

Young2Kinsler
02-22-2011, 12:29 PM
The Clippers are "dangling a first-round" pick in an effort to land Danilo Gallinari, sources tell ESPN's Chris Broussard.
Clippers beat writer Lisa Dillman also hinted at interest in Gallinari late last night. Gallo would be an ideal fit in L.A., displacing Ryan Gomes as the starting small forward and giving Blake Griffin another knock-down shooter to spread the floor. Owners of Gallinari should be hoping this deal goes down.

Would be a great player to pair with Blake.

mbsalame123
02-22-2011, 08:06 PM
There are a lot of rumors going on right now after the post Melo trade.

There are still some big names out on the market:
Gerald Wallace
Raymond Felton
Anthony Parker
Boris Diaw
Stephan Jackson
Ron Artest
Devin Harris
Marcus Camby
Andre Miller
Troy Murphy
Other small names that can impact your team

There are talks right now that the Knicks are actively trying to trade for Marcus Camby and the Atlanta Hawks are discussing a deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers for a deal that sends Manny Harris and Ramon Sessions to the Hawks for Jeff Teague and Maurice Evans.

The Knicks and Nuggets it seems like are not done dealing. The Knicks want another big man, while the Nuggets are looking at possibly trading Raymond Felton to another team like the Atlanta Hawks for some draft picks and other peaces.

But right now it is very quiet, and seems like we will just see some small trades.

Although there are some players out there that can make impacts on teams, like devin harris, gerald wallace, troy murphy, marcus camby, andre miller, raymond felton.

What are your thoughts? where do you think we will see these names be moved?

Do you think the Nuggets and Knicks will still make another deal?

NYKalltheway
02-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Artest leaves Lakers and G Wallace goes in his place... It's a possibility

Fireworld
02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
OKC looking at Thabeet

There's been some chatter the Thunder could be after a center, and Anderson Varejao has previously been thrown out as a potential fit.

But Varejao's season-ending injury may have him out of the cards for Oklahoma City and other contending teams that may have looked to deal for him.

But here's another name the Thunder are mulling over at center: Hasheem Thabeet.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, league executives have indicated the Thunder are "taking a careful look at" Thabeet "but only for a modest price."

Wojnarowski added this: "For most teams, question with Thabeet is this: Do they have player development coaches who can get more out of him? Is there more to get?"

Thabeet has largely been seen as a disappointment since going No. 2 in the 2009 NBA Draft, so if the Thunder were to trade for him, he'd likely have work to do to get consistent playing time.

Fireworld
02-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Thabeet would be a great fit for OKC who's young, full of talent, and lacking a big man..

blastmasta26
02-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Thabeet in OKC would be a good fit. They almost had Tyson Chandler a couple years ago, but backed off because of injury concerns. They've needed a defensive center for a while, although Ibaka does help down low.

Kyben36
02-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Bulls looking at OJ still ?, thats one

Fireworld
02-22-2011, 09:56 PM
OKC looking at Thabeet

Thabeet in OKC would be a good fit. They almost had Tyson Chandler a couple years ago, but backed off because of injury concerns. They've needed a defensive center for a while, although Ibaka does help down low.

Yup, and they don't really need him to contribute right away, so basically they can take their time with him while he develops.

blastmasta26
02-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Yup, and they don't really need him to contribute right away, so basically they can take their time with him while he develops.
Yeah, I'm really liking Thabeet in OKC. They should definitely make the move if it's not costly.

Romo2Bryant
02-22-2011, 10:07 PM

I'm pretty sure the deal is "imminent"..

-rotoworld

BIG DREW
02-22-2011, 10:07 PM
CARON BUTLER EXPIRING CONTRACT FOR HARRIS. mavs and nets talking about it.

WizFan3
02-22-2011, 10:24 PM
celts called about a deal that would send hinrich and howard for celts however i do not know what they would get in return blatche may be involved and the iwz would deff get a 1st rounder in return

gfixer33
02-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Wizards would definitly like to get rid of blatche i heard something about lakers and heinrich couple weeks ago.

*Silver&Black*
02-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Hawks looking at Harris, Hinrich, Felton, Sessions and Miller.