PDA

View Full Version : Nets/Nuggets working on potential 'post Melo-to-the-Knicks' deal

DRE'-MAC
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Denver Trades: Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Renaldo Balkman
Denver Receives: 1st round pick from Knicks, 2 1st round picks from Nets, eddy curry, and either felton, chandler, or gallinari

NYK Trades: 1st round pick, eddy curry, felton, chandler, gallinari, mozgov
NYK Receive: melo, billups, shelden williams, balkman

NJN Trades: 2 1st round picks
NJN Receive: Mozgov and one of felton, chandler, or gallinari

Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

nickdymez
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
ehh

thekmp211
02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
broussard isnt the absolute worst but this makes no sense. why would the nets, planning a move to new york, equip their in-town rivals with the superstar THEY'VE been trying to acquire?

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 02:13 PM
wrong...it would be 2 separate deals

NYSpirit1
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Sources say NJ in talks w/Den to send 2 1st round picks to Den for Mozgov & either Gallinari, Chandler or Felton, if Melo traded to NYK

Source: Broussard's Twitter

Wow, this is surprising. It really looks like Melo is going to NY if NJ is even discussing this with Denver.

So the trade would end up:

New York: Carmelo, Billups and filler
New Jersey: Gallinari and Mozgov
Denver: 3 first round picks (2 NJ and Minnesota), Felton and Chandler
Minnesota: would ultimately get Randolph and Curry for the first

I can't imagine how Knicks fans would like Gallinari basically not even moving, to a rival team that has grown to dislike them.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
It makes 0 sense.

Robbw241
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
The picks Denver would get would probably be Lakers and Warriors next year or Rockets. As a Nets fan I think this would be hilarious if we got them for so little.

king4day
02-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Interesting. NJ could come out of it in a positive way afterall. Knicks still giving up a lot though.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Im down with that.

I get what I want and I dont lose players I like to out of the area teams. I still get to watch Gallo and Mozzy when they come to brooklyn.

DO IT.

yfern328
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
broussard isnt the absolute worst but this makes no sense. why would the nets, planning a move to new york, equip their in-town rivals with the superstar THEY'VE been trying to acquire?

Because Melo to the Knicks is close to being done and it's a separate deal in which NJ gets some players and Denver gets their picks. I don't think Mozgov is involved though.

king4day
02-21-2011, 02:25 PM

NJ would just be taking a couple of players that NY has been hesitent on giving up. So Denver, instead of taking two players they are iffy on, still get the additional picks which they wanted, AND the Knicks are still stuck giving up the farm.
Helps NJ build instead of banking on picks that may pan out to be nothing.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:27 PM
finally this **** is gonna come to a end and everyone walks away happy.

The Nets get a few nice pieces, the Knicks get the superstar they want and denver gets the draft picks it wants.

Just do it already so I can watch the Nets be decent with my players who they have been calling trash for so long.

This is gonna be awesome to watch Nets posters have Gallo and Chandler in their sigs after they said they were trash.

HAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT!!!

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
i really like this for the nets...i want melo but then again dont cuz they want to much for him...so.. mozgov and chandler or galo for 2 picks is pretty nice.. and we keep favors and might still trade harris.

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 02:33 PM

The Nets get a few nice pieces, the Knicks get the superstar they want and denver gets the draft picks it wants.

Just do it already so I can watch the Nets be decent with my players who they have been calling trash for so long.

This is gonna be awesome to watch Nets posters have Gallo and Chandler in their sigs after they said they were trash.

HAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT!!!

lol

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 02:33 PM
So they had this planed out all along. I guess Mozzy is getting more attention for just a scrub:D At least i can see these guys get better in Brooklyn once the nets move their.

Kenny
02-21-2011, 02:34 PM
LMAO! I hope this happens.

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 02:35 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

thekmp211
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM
NJ would just be taking a couple of players that NY has been hesitent on giving up. So Denver, instead of taking two players they are iffy on, still get the additional picks which they wanted, AND the Knicks are still stuck giving up the farm.

still not sure how trading two probable lottery picks for one possible rotation player and decent starter is good for building up talent, but whatever. im just gald its almost over.

Lo Porto
02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
This is so stupid. NJ should drop the Melo pipe dream and try to get Deron & AK. They have the assets to get a big name now, and Mozgov and Chandler/Gallo is not that much of an upgrade. This roster makes the playoffs next year.

Deron
Sasha/Morrow
AK/Outlaw
Humphries
Lopez

tr3ymill3r
The trade is all wrong. Denver is trading Melo to both NY and NJ, he's going to play every other game with each team.

Robbw241
still not sure how trading two probable lottery picks for one possible rotation player and decent starter is good for building up talent, but whatever. im just gald its almost over.

Not if it's the Lakers and Rockets pick(which will probably turn into second rounders anyways). So basically Sasha, Gallo, and Mozgov for TWill LMAO

lvlheaded
Weirdest trade deadline in recent history. In the end though, this actually would help the Nets more than getting Melo

PC
02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I would pass. The offer of Gallo, Chandler, and Felton was the furthest I was hoping the Knicks would go. I really don't think we should give up any more than that

John Walls Era
WTF is NJ doing? They are getting ripped off.... 2 first rounders for one of those guys?

EDIT: "felton, chandler, or gallinari" so One guy, not 2 right? Cuz it seems like a ripoff for one.

chuckdaily85

HAHAHAHAHAH I LOVE IT!!!
as much as i dislike debating with you i had to comment on this...never in my wildest dreams did i think anybody on the NYK would wind up playing for my NJN...thats going to be crazy and feel awkward smh...but I would take Chandler before Gallo b/c I think he's more of a complete player but he has to cut that box top fade as an agreement for this trade to go down

chuckdaily85
02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
The trade is all wrong. Denver is trading Melo to both NY and NJ, he's going to play every other game with each team.

hahaha

Kenny
WTF is NJ doing? They are getting ripped off.... 2 first rounders for one of those guys?

they wouldnt be high picks and mid round picks you have a slim chance of getting someone as good as those guys.

Cool007
Wow! If this happnes, then I think Nets win it while I don't know why Denver would do this? It's not like those 1st rounders would be anywhere near as good as those players going to Nets.

I think Denver's stupid or it's just fake.

Robbw241
02-21-2011, 02:42 PM

EDIT: "felton, chandler, or gallinari" so One guy, not 2 right? Cuz it seems like a ripoff for one.

One of them and Mosgov(sp?)

NYKnicksAllDay
02-21-2011, 02:45 PM
If this is true, I think Denver is trying to make this as unappealing as they can to the Knicks because they want the Knicks to pull out of the trade.

JerseysFinest
02-21-2011, 02:46 PM
This essentially would benefit all three teams. Knicks still get Carmelo, Nuggets will get the picks they desire for the players they don't really desire, and the Nets get a player they liked before the draft who is young and has loads of potential, and Mozgov, for two picks that could be worthless (hopefully the Lakers and Houston picks). I would love to have Gallinari on the Nets, helps with the rebuild

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Even if the New Jersey Nets do not acquire Carmelo Anthony, they still might pull off a trade with the Denver Nuggets, one that would likely be a sore spot for their cross-river rivals in New York, according to high-ranking league officials.

If the New York Knicks send Danilo Gallinari, Raymond Felton, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov to Denver for Anthony, the Nets are in discussions to then acquire either Gallinari, Felton or Chandler plus Mozgov for two first-round draft picks.

That deal is obviously contingent upon the Knicks trading all those players to Denver for a package headlined by Anthony and Chauncey Billups.

The Nets remain confident that they can acquire Anthony before the deadline, but if he instead is obtained by the Knicks, they see this trade as an alternative way to strengthen their team, the sources said.

The move could also burn the Knicks, who are reluctant to part with so many of their coveted young prospects, even for a player of Anthony's ability. To see a couple of them opening the Nets new arena in Brooklyn could certainly be bothersome to the Knicks franchise.

Sources confirmed to ESPN.com a Friday report from the Bergen (N.J.) Record that New Jersey has agreed in principle to send prized rookie Derrick Favors, former All-Star guard Devin Harris, Troy Murphy (and his expiring contract), Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks to Denver for Anthony, Billups, Shelden Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman. As ESPN.com reported Thursday night, Denver would then use at least one of those future first-round picks to package with Murphy -- either in this trade or in a separate deal -- to a third team yet to be determined.

That deal is contingent on Anthony signing a three-year, $65 million extension to remain in New Jersey long-term.

But the Nuggets are currently embroiled in talks with New York, Anthony's preferred destination. The Knicks are willing to send Gallinari, Chandler, Felton and a first-round pick to Denver, but the Nuggets are pushing for Mozgov, a 7-foot center, to be included in the package.

Landing Mozgov (and then trading him to New Jersey) would be a huge coup for Denver, since it would enable it to get the draft picks it desires, along with some of the Knicks' young talent, along with a savings of roughly $20 million this season.

Felton (2005, No. 5 by Bobcats), Chandler (2007, 23rd by Knicks) and Gallinari (2008, sixth by Knicks) are all former first-round picks. Mozgov, a former six-year pro in his native Russia, was signed as a free agent in July.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6144608&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

JerseysFinest
02-21-2011, 02:48 PM

Spot on. Mikhail Prokhorov is a smart owner

OnslaughtXX6
The Knicks are going to have 40+ mil tied up between 2 players. And with a harder cap coming up, good luck signing CP3.

NORMeaga
Denver Trades: Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Renaldo Balkman
Denver Receives: 1st round pick from Knicks, 2 1st round picks from Nets, eddy curry, and either felton, chandler, or gallinari

NYK Trades: 1st round pick, eddy curry, felton, chandler, gallinari, mozgov
NYK Receive: melo, billups, shelden williams, balkman

NJN Trades: 2 1st round picks
NJN Receive: Mozgov and one of felton, chandler, or gallinari

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

it actually would be 2 seperate deals...read the article

DwayneMVPwade
02-21-2011, 02:49 PM
If I was NY, just wait till the end of the season to get him. He wants to come there anyways.

avrpatsfan
02-21-2011, 02:49 PM
This **** is getting old. Get the trade done already!

NORMeaga
02-21-2011, 02:51 PM

Its Mozgov and either Felton, Chandler or Gallonari...2 players for 2 picks

Crackadalic
02-21-2011, 02:54 PM
If I was NY, just wait till the end of the season to get him. He wants to come there anyways.

He is not losing 20+ mil thats why all this craziness is going on. If he said he would sign with the knicks and make up the the money in endorsement then we wouldnt be in this situation

DRose7
02-21-2011, 02:56 PM
This is gonna be really difficult for Bulls fan come playoff time, if we are a 3rd seed, cuz we'll be taking on the Knicks (Melo, Amare, Billups, Fields?) in the 1st rd, MIA/BOS in the 2nd Rd, and MIA/Boston in the 3rd Rd...This playoff season is gonna be beast!! Hopefully Bulls can climb up out of the 3rd seed

PC
02-21-2011, 02:58 PM
The Knicks are going to have 40+ mil tied up between 2 players. And with a harder cap coming up, good luck signing CP3.

I can't see the hard cap falling that much, so many teams would have a lot of trouble trying to shed their contracts and get under the cap.

With that said, if we get this deal done, we'll only have 3 players under contract for 2012. We'd have a pretty substantial amount to get CP3/Deron.

Lo Porto
This has to be a 3 team deal because you can't receive a player via trade then trade him with another player until after 60 days. So Denver could trade Gallinari by himself for a pick and Mozgov by himself for a pick but I don't see how that works financially.

J4KOP99
Damn, NJ is trying to send a message to NY. This would break the hearts of Knicks fans all across the land.

king4day
02-21-2011, 02:59 PM
it actually would be 2 seperate deals...read the article

His post came out a while before the updated article. He was accurate when he posted it.

Avenged
02-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Whats the point of a 3 team trade? Leave the Nets out of it, unless they want to help them for no reason.

edit: nevermind

JerseysFinest
This could also be a way to force the Knicks to drop the deal, because it could be disheartening for the Knicks to see Gallo and Mozgov blossom on the other side of the river

NYKnicksAllDay
He is not losing 20+ mil thats why all this craziness is going on.

Agreed. I've never understood the argument that he should just come to NY in the offseason for less money because he can make up the rest in endorsements. Why take less money in the offseason plus endorsements when you can have the 65 mil plus endorsements? Doesn't make much sense.

king4day
02-21-2011, 03:02 PM
This has to be a 3 team deal because you can't receive a player via trade then trade him with another player until after 60 days. So Denver could trade Gallinari by himself for a pick and Mozgov by himself for a pick but I don't see how that works financially.

I know you can't deal a new player and an existing player together. I could be wrong but as long as the players you are trading were dealt to the team together, then they can still be shipped together.

NYKnicksAllDay
02-21-2011, 03:02 PM
This could also be a way to force the Knicks to drop the deal, because it could be disheartening for the Knicks to see Gallo and Mozgov blossom on the other side of the river

That's exactly what I was thinking.

PhillyFaninLA
02-21-2011, 03:04 PM
People

TWITTER IS NOT A CREDIBLE SOURCE. This came from twitter. Sure its a name in the industry but its TWITTER.

JerseysFinest
02-21-2011, 03:06 PM
People

TWITTER IS NOT A CREDIBLE SOURCE. This came from twitter. Sure its a name in the industry but its TWITTER.

It came from someone from ESPN.

The Jokemaker
02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Interesting news. Mozgov is Russian so its fitting he winds up with the Russian owner. Honestly I don't see how this would deter the Knicks. Sure they "give up" players and have to watch them but at the same time, they still won the Melo sweepstakes.

Lo Porto
02-21-2011, 03:15 PM
If this would have to be a 3 team deal (I don't see how it couldn't be), NY just needs to hold firm. NJ won't trade the farm for a non-extended Melo. It's just that simple. Just do us a favor Denver - trade the guy to NY already.

Jonathan2323
02-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Still think Melo ends up in NJ.

NJ Raven
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Knick fans, what are your unbiased opinions of Gallo and Mozzy?

BallIsAll
02-21-2011, 03:23 PM
i just want one of these trades to go down!! i wanna see whos gonna be wearing a nuggets uniform and i will support them i dont even care if theyre knicks players anymore just get er done!!

MJT91190
02-21-2011, 03:26 PM
this whole thing is absolutely crazy

NYKnicksAllDay
02-21-2011, 03:27 PM

I think they both have potential with Gallo having more than Mozgov. I think Mozgov can be a solid, but not great center. Gallo looks to me like a poor man's Dirk.

PhillyFaninLA
02-21-2011, 03:27 PM
It came from someone from ESPN.

The TC used a twitter link in the first post of its topic....did you not read that far.

Cubsfan365
02-21-2011, 03:32 PM
The TC used a twitter link in the first post of its topic....did you not read that far.
Yeah, a twitter link from a person who works for ESPN. Chris Broussard has been covering this Melo situation forever, he's not just some random guy.

Create
02-21-2011, 03:33 PM
What the hell?

NYYCowboys
02-21-2011, 03:33 PM

I would be pretty disappointed if Gallo ended up with the Nets. I think he's on the brink of becoming a very good player in this league, and it's sad that after watching a rooting for him for the past few years he's going to end up with the Nets. He has his times where he can become invisible, but he shows flashes of brilliance sometimes. He has gotten so much better at drawing fouls and getting to the line this year, and will probably only get better.

Mozgov I could care less about. Sure he has potential, but I don't think he will ever reach it. The guy plays no defense, and has hands of stone inside. I can't even begin to tell you how many easy passes he's dropped that would have given him a wide open dunk.

WizFan3
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
good for all 3 tms

Jonathan2323
02-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Nets want divided Knicks front office to think they'll acquire via Denver the players NY's reluctant to move for Melo. And hesitate on deal.

The Nets puncher's chance to get'Melo is muck up the waters, create chaos and steal him at end. Prokhorov wants the star -- not spare parts.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

LOL this is getting good.

Cubsfan365
02-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Prokhorov is definitely playing mind games with the Knicks. Seems like he really knows what he's doing, but it will be interesting to see where this leads.

WickedBadMan
02-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds like this Prokhorov guy knows his ****. Unsurprising with all that $$.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
This last 1 year in the NBA has just been ridiculous. I wish I was an NBA insider or somebody, I'd have something new to talk and write about every single day during this past year.

And this isn't even the end, wait till 2012 when CP3, D-Will and Dwight become UFAs.

omdigga
02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Nets love the attention.... cant wait till they move to brooklyn.. this is gonna be a fun rivalry...

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 03:42 PM
And finally the war will be over.

Denver fans will be happy what they got.

NJ will be happy with what they got

NY will be happy about what they got.

We all walk away with something and we can stop killing and insulting each other like we robbed our grandmothers of their walkers.

Everyone walks away happy. Now the knicks and Nets can go on to talking about how good the other team will be with the players they got.

Nets will love whoever they get from us. And I'll love the fact you are coming to Brooklyn with a good product ready to represent the City of NY.

I love it. I dont care who wiggled or lied or stole to make it happen. Its a good resolution to this ongoing saga.

BallIsAll
02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
proky is officially my favorite owner i wish he owned the nuggets he should be a GM lol im starting to like all of this well probably because it will soon end. exciting tho.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 03:44 PM
This last 1 year in the NBA has just been ridiculous. I wish I was an NBA insider or somebody, I'd have something new to talk and write about every single day during this past year.

And this isn't even the end, wait till 2012 when CP3, D-Will and Dwight become UFAs.

NBA Insiders are nothing more then paid bloggers in a trade thread. Except the **** they make up they report it as news.

Kashmir13579
02-21-2011, 03:47 PM
**** dat! Knicks aren't gonna give the Nets Gallo or Chandler.

The Jokemaker
02-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Prokhorov is definitely playing mind games with the Knicks. Seems like he really knows what he's doing, but it will be interesting to see where this leads.

Seriously. Bigtime mind games. We'll know he means business when Dolan's seen floating in the Hudson tributary (river)....

But in all seriousness folks, this is just upping the ante. A deal will be reached with someone soon but this is like the last 15 mins or so of a great movie. The story is coming together and you can see two different endings in sight, which will it be?

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 03:49 PM

The knicks might not, but denver will.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Kash as long as we keep Andy you'll get over it.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 03:54 PM
And I will respect Prokhorov as a worthy opponent. Its a testament as to why hes a self made Billionaire.

I liked him the minute he got here. Very Steinbenner-ish. I have a soft spot for the old man and Proky reminds me of him.

I wont cry if the Nets get our players. I will tip my hat to Proky and welcome a hustler to NYC.

player to player pimp to pimp

You gotta respect that man. An yes I wish my team had a owner as savvy as that.

Cubsfan365
02-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Prokhorov is gonna go all inception on the Knicks owners, and convince them to let the Nets get Carmelo while they're dreaming.

Young and Stupid
02-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I have three theories:

1) This is a ploy by the Nets and Nuggets in an attempt to push the Knicks into taking pieces off the table and forcing Melo to the Nets. The Nuggets prefer the Nets' offer and the Nets really want Melo. The only problem with that theory is that I don't believe that Melo will sign an extension with the Nets.

2) The Nets and the Nuggets have been ****ing with the Knicks the whole time. The Nets knew that Melo would never sign an extension with them and the Nuggets did as well -- as Melo said yesterday "the Nuggets have known all along which teams I would sign an extension with" -- so they played this whole thing up to force the Knicks into offering up a significant amount. In this scenario, the Nets and the Nuggets have been colluding to **** with the Knicks and there were plans for reciprocity after the Knicks were duped into gutting their team. The Nuggets and Nets could have been snickering as the Knicks have been thrown into turmoil. The Knicks have effectively destroyed their front-office and Isiah Thomas has come in and raped (rimshot) the Knicks' savior (Walsh). As Proky said yesterday, "we did our job, we ran up the price for our rival." Hilarious.

3) The Nuggets have been using the Nets all along and the Nets are attempting to save face by doing this. In in this scenario, the Nets have been lying the entire time and understand how important it is to acquire Melo going into Brooklyn. This is the consolation prize.

The second one is the best, but the third one is the most realistic. I think it's a mix of the first and the third. If it's the second, the Nets gain a lot of respect.

colinskik
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM
At least I get to watch Gallo develop into the star we Knicks fans know he will become. Because whether I like to admit it or not, I WILL be going to plenty of Nets games once they move down the block from me.

sintaks12
02-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I think it's funny how these teams are operating. I'm sure Donnie is close to pulling out. Playing kid's games. Nets really come across as desperate IMO... trying to muddy up the waters. Keep it classy Proky, sheesh. Let them have Chandler/Gallo and Mozgov. They are NOT the answer for NJ, lol.

SaveTheKnicks
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
This Is Gettin Ugly

NYYCowboys
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
If I were the Knicks I would back out kinda like the Nets did, and either Denver comes running back to us after Melo refuses to go to the Nets, and we get him for dirt cheap, or we let the Nets gut their entire team for him. I honestly wouldn't be at all mad if they did this and we didn't get Melo because I think the Knicks are being ****ed with by these two lowly franchises, and are being made to look desperate and incompetent.

JerseysFinest
02-21-2011, 04:05 PM
I think it's funny how these teams are operating. I'm sure Donnie is close to pulling out. Playing kid's games. Nets really come across as desperate IMO... trying to muddy up the waters. Keep it classy Proky, sheesh. Let them have Chandler/Gallo and Mozgov. They are NOT the answer for NJ, lol.

How are the Nets coming off as desperate? LOL, Prokhorov is forcing the knicks to either watch their young guys across the river or deal for Carmelo, an excellent tactic because it could potentially force the Knicks to end the deal, leading to Carmelo Anthony going to NJ. And if Dolan does the deal, Nets get a great young player in Gallinari, a young center prospect, and people in the Knicks organization would be upset at seeing two nice potential pieces on their rival's roster. Imagine if Gallinari blossoms into a star, and he's a Brooklyn Net?

reemy
02-21-2011, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

BallIsAll
02-21-2011, 04:07 PM
If I were the Knicks I would back out kinda like the Nets did, and either Denver comes running back to us after Melo refuses to go to the Nets, and we get him for dirt cheap, or we let the Nets gut their entire team for him. I honestly wouldn't be at all mad if they did this and we didn't get Melo because I think the Knicks are being ****ed with by these two lowly franchises, and are being made to look desperate and incompetent.

the nets wouldnt be gutting their entire team...

favors for melo
harris for billups
and uzoh doesnt even play so i dont see where the gutting is?

Mudvayne91
02-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure why no one is thinking the trade is going to be Felton and Mozgov instead of Gallo and Mozgov. We have a point guard already.

NYYCowboys
02-21-2011, 04:08 PM
the nets wouldnt be gutting their entire team...

favors for melo
harris for billups
and uzoh doesnt even play so i dont see where the gutting is?

They don't have much of a team to begin with my bad.

BallIsAll
02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
They don't have much of a team to begin with my bad.

thats true but hey it would be a good trade for them. not really a good trade for the knicks.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
thats true but hey it would be a good trade for them. not really a good trade for the knicks.

That remains to be seen.

netsgiantsyanks
02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
i call ********. but if it does happen, i'll be content. we can then draft a sf and move gallo as a 6th man. but again, i call ******** on the whole thing.

nshush
02-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Why would the nets do it? They are wasting their picks for garbage players.

Tuck&Rolle
02-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Garbage players? They're young talented players who might never be super stars but they have certainly proven they can be legit NBA starters.

9GRAVES9
02-21-2011, 04:44 PM
net fans are funny. if the knicks back out of this deal today, all the garbage would end today. denver would come running back to ny, and accept half the deal they were getting before. the nets still have no shot at getting melo, they never have and never will. the guy just doesnt want to play for the nets. that's the bottom line, if he did the deal would have been made a month ago.

king4day
02-21-2011, 04:56 PM
I updated the thread title as it's now misleading considering we know it wouldn't be a 3 team deal now.

5ass
02-21-2011, 05:15 PM
so why not just keep gallinari? trade curry, chandler and/or felton, + 1st round pick for billups, anthony, s. williams, balkman
then go ahead and trade mozgov and anthony randolph to another team(s) (maybe minnesota) for 2 1st round picks and give these picks to denver..
that way they can keep gallo and still not let the nets benefit from this trade

basically new york would be upgrading their team at the cost of a 1st round pick, anthony randolph who doesnt even play and mozgov.. they also get a replacement for mozgov (williams) and randolph (balkman)

Metsboi69
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
net fans are funny. if the knicks back out of this deal today, all the garbage would end today. denver would come running back to ny, and accept half the deal they were getting before. the nets still have no shot at getting melo, they never have and never will. the guy just doesnt want to play for the nets. that's the bottom line, if he did the deal would have been made a month ago.

Well if thats the case then the Knicks FO is funny for not doing that.. Right?

IBleedPurple
02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
This is just the dirty Russian billionaire trying to slow down or stop the trade. They have been leaking trade proposals all season. Very unethical

Create
02-21-2011, 05:49 PM

Garbage players?

knicks=love
02-21-2011, 06:02 PM
ok i have a question.. so if this trade does go down, is there any way we can possibly get chandler back after the season? i know he's a RFA but i don't know all of that fancy talk.

believeinNYK
02-21-2011, 06:15 PM
so why not just keep gallinari? trade curry, chandler and/or felton, + 1st round pick for billups, anthony, s. williams, balkman
then go ahead and trade mozgov and anthony randolph to another team(s) (maybe minnesota) for 2 1st round picks and give these picks to denver..
that way they can keep gallo and still not let the nets benefit from this trade

basically new york would be upgrading their team at the cost of a 1st round pick, anthony randolph who doesnt even play and mozgov.. they also get a replacement for mozgov (williams) and randolph (balkman)

I would love this trade :pray:

Mudvayne91
02-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Haha, I think if he's not resigned here (assuming he is in Denver), he could. Depends on the Knicks cap figures though

Lindystud36
02-21-2011, 06:31 PM
I see the Nets trading Devin harris for the rights to ricky rubio, proky's old pointguard over in europe

Just saying a team of Rubio, Gallo, Mozgov, Favors, and Lopez plus a top pick in this years draft is legit

The Dream
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM
this news is total bs

kjoke
02-21-2011, 06:42 PM
sooo.... is lawson the only nuggets pg now?

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
^he's good

kjoke
02-21-2011, 06:48 PM
^he's good

i have him stashed in all of my fantasy teams for the longest times. its time to let lawson FREEEEEE.

Knickrocketsfan
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
were not giving up mozgov

Killinmesoftly
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Broussard is a Knick's asskisser.