PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone think Chauncey Billups will be bought out?

Ty Fast
02-21-2011, 12:43 PM
I donít think he will be. Whoever gets him will have to guarantee his $14 million for next season, but he will stay put. If he goes to the Knicks him, Melo, and Amare are going to be great together. However they still be not be as good a the Heat.

SteBO
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM
I donít think he will be. Whoever gets him will have to guarantee his $14 million for next season, but he will stay put. If he goes to the Knicks him, Melo, and Amare are going to be great together. However they still be not be as good a the Heat.
:eyebrow: Ugh, you do know the Knicks save big money buying him out right?Therefore leaving more money to sign better pieces. The only reason the Knicks would keep him is because since Ray Felton is involved, they would need a PG, and I doubt the Knicks would live with Toney Douglas starting, but it's silly to say Billups won't get bought out. You don't know.

Ty Fast
02-21-2011, 12:50 PM
i think the knicks would be crazy to buy him out. cp3 and d-will are not free agents for another year so they should keep billups let him play out his contract then go after one of them (or d12)

hovyboo
02-21-2011, 12:56 PM
He plays with Knicks.... Doesnt play with Nets

Da Knicks
02-21-2011, 12:58 PM
If Billups goes to the knicks he stays a knick, why wouldnt he want to play with Amare and Melo?

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Stop dreaming about a big 3 and buy him out and sign Tyson and TJ Ford this summer.

Depth, rebounds defense is what the Knicks need to be filling in, not big 3 dreams.

2 superstars (ex. Kobe and pau, Jordan and Pippen, Stockton and Malone) and a borderline allstar( ex. Odom, Kukoc, Hornacek) and solid role players (Artest, Fisher, Horace Grant, Byron Russell, Raja Bell, Robert Horry)

Thats how I would build them. Almost every championship franchise has used this formula.

kjoke
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
if it was to the nets i think he gets bought out but to NY i think he stays

kyubi256
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
:eyebrow: Ugh, you do know the Knicks save big money buying him out right?Therefore leaving more money to sign better pieces. The only reason the Knicks would keep him is because since Ray Felton is involved, they would need a PG, and I doubt the Knicks would live with Toney Douglas starting, but it's silly to say Billups won't get bought out. You don't know.

That isn't that true actually... since we are getting Melo the $$ we save wouldn't be enough for a max at all. It'd probably add up to like 7M dollars total to spend and I'd rather have Billups than sign a guard who most likely won't be as good as Billups.

There is still a salary cap and we are barely under it

Steelers23_06
02-21-2011, 01:07 PM
i hope he does so he can goto real contender that is also in the need of a pg

SaveTheKnicks
02-21-2011, 01:07 PM
He's Staying, Close Thread

Heater4life
02-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I doubt he gets bought out, but i can pray he does and signs with Miami.

SteBO
02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
That isn't that true actually... since we are getting Melo the $$ we save wouldn't be enough for a max at all. It'd probably add up to like 7M dollars total to spend and I'd rather have Billups than sign a guard who most likely won't be as good as Billups.

There is still a salary cap and we are barely under it
That was my point. I was just looking at it at both sides. I don't think NY buys out Billups either, simply because since Felton will be gone, they'll need a PG and Chauncey would be better for them, although he isn't the guy you'd want in D'antoni's system.