PDA

View Full Version : Mozgov!!!!

JasonJohnHorn
02-21-2011, 08:34 AM
I realize that Mozgov has not yet put up staggering numbers, and his FG% is a little low for a center, but this is his rookie year, and he is a solid shot blocker (though foul prone). He has show some potential to score and rebound and I think in a season or two he will be a legit force in the post, espcially given his size. Coupled with all that he is the only center on NY (they are currently starting 4 forwards and a PG). So my question: Should they so willing throw Mozgov in the Melo deal? This league has a number of talented SF (LBJ, Durant and Pierce to name a few) and while Melo is near the top at his position, there are at least two guys better than him (LBJ and Durant). So is it wise to give up a potentially good center (along with several other pieces and at least one first round draft pick), to pick up a guy who isnt even the best player at his position? Most espcially considering that center is the hardest spot to fill in the league and that Amare, the current franchise player, has made it clear in PHO and NY that he does NOT want to play center? And that there are no other centers on the team?

If Mozgov does develop into a solid double-double center who can block shots, I feel the Knick may wish they had waited to pick up an All-Star in free agency rather than give up a piece with such rare potential.

Thoughts?

obcha22
02-21-2011, 09:32 AM
I'll answer the same way i have been answering about this whole fiasco, its already too much to give up for Melo. No way should we remotely consider adding him. Think about it, right now you are giving up 3 of your starting 5. One of them is your PG. And two are under 25 and starting to grow good, potentially very good players. Add to this a first round pick. Melo is great. But without the pieces around him he's coming to a team where it will be him and Stat. Nice start for a team but not a finished product. And the problem i see is hat we are trading what would make it a finished product. I think we are giving up one player too much. So adding another is a bad idea in my opinion. I do think Moz will be a double double guy. And he's a beast but needs to grow into it.

BSplaya2121
02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I unfortunately hear through this article http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17440130 that the Knicks are including him and taking back bad contracts so ughh more and more and more am I starting to hate this...... and new jersey

magichatnumber9
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Mozgov is garbage

nycericanguy
02-21-2011, 09:52 AM
I unfortunately hear through this article http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17440130 that the Knicks are including him and taking back bad contracts so ughh more and more and more am I starting to hate this...... and new jersey

who are the bad contracts NY is taking?

Williams and Carter are expiring and Balkman makes about vet min.

and anyway lets wait before we start jumping on NY here because reports from early this morning are that NY is NOT willing to include Mosgov and they have told DEN so.

BSplaya2121
02-21-2011, 10:18 AM
who are the bad contracts NY is taking?

Williams and Carter are expiring and Balkman makes about vet min.

and anyway lets wait before we start jumping on NY here because reports from early this morning are that NY is NOT willing to include Mosgov and they have told DEN so.

sorry about the mis-information, I had bad contracts on the mind, but i meant to say contracts to make the deal work... lol sry.

TheDiggler
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Thoughts ?

/thread

BSplaya2121
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
sorry about the mis-information, I had bad contracts on the mind, but i meant to say contracts to make the deal work... lol sry.

normally i try and do research before i post

mike goomba
02-21-2011, 10:43 AM
u cant be making a big deal about mozgov this guy is trash he can not play in the nba system i know its his rookie season but cmon guys if mozgov was the piece holding up the trade you wouldnt do it be reall now

thekmp211
02-21-2011, 02:05 PM
could be okay, but not a guy i would hold a trade up for. it's not like d'antoni plays guys above 6'9 anyway.

fadedmario
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Knicks are getting raped

Chi StateOfMind
02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Knicks are getting raped

x10000 and i still don't think melo fits the knicks team just wait till the offseason

jim51990
02-21-2011, 02:20 PM
this whole thing has made melo very overrated
he is not a true superstar player

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
This will all be forgotten when Melo Billups and Amar'e have the Garden rocking going into the second round.

Then everyone will change their tune about how the Knicks made a great move and how they had to do it and why did it take them so long to do it.

Typical

Create
02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
^ Yes he is.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
x10000 and i still don't think melo fits the knicks team just wait till the offseason

Im sure a Deng for Melo deal would have been non rapage. Just let the Knicks LIVE for once. Jesus Christmas!!

tredigs
02-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Is Denver getting Madison Square Garden in this deal, too? This is becoming ridiculous. And for MELO, not a guy like D. Wade - a high volume offensive juggernaut / pourous defender to join their other #1 option who is also a weak defender.

Don't get me wrong, this is a dream for a guy like D'Antoni (and they're going to be fun to watch finally), but I'm hating this if I'm a Knick fan who actually wants to contend in the semi-near future. Really hope they don't gut their roster of Mozgov also. Whole thing feels dirty.

Chronz
02-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Mozgov is a nobody and the Knicks arent guaranteed to sign Melo in the offseason. If they want Melo he should be thrown in

QUBobcats550
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM
So Landry Fields isn't in the deal anymore?

DRose7
02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
They should not trade Felton for Billups, or Gallo (I would trade Fields instead)...its a good trade for the knicks either way, but they should try to lose a little players as possible...Nets are bluffing real hard, that owner was lying when he said the Melo meeting went fantastic -- if it did the trade would have happened by now:facepalm:

John Walls Era
02-21-2011, 02:42 PM

They can't. If they want to sign a FA in the summer (ala Deron Williams?), they can't sign Melo with him.

D1JM
02-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Is Denver getting Madison Square Garden in this deal, too? This is becoming ridiculous. And for MELO, not a guy like D. Wade - a high volume offensive juggernaut / pourous defender to join their other #1 option who is also a weak defender.

Don't get me wrong, this is a dream for a guy like D'Antoni (and they're going to be fun to watch finally), but I'm hating this if I'm a Knick fan who actually wants to contend in the semi-near future. Really hope they don't gut their roster of Mozgov also. Whole thing feels dirty.

plus having melo and amare getting paid about 75 percent of the capspace.

DRose7
02-21-2011, 02:46 PM
This is gonna be really difficult for Bulls fan come playoff time, if we are a 3rd seed, cuz we'll be taking on the Knicks (Melo, Amare, Billups, Fields?) in the 1st rd, MIA/BOS in the 2nd Rd, and MIA/Boston in the 3rd Rd...This playoff season is gonna be beast!! Hopefully Bulls can climb up out of the 3rd seed

tredigs
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Mozgov is a nobody and the Knicks arent guaranteed to sign Melo in the offseason. If they want Melo he should be thrown in

I definitely see that point, but the problem with this line of thinking to me is three fold:

1) They're already gutting their roster to a point that most would consider too much for a player that has never reached a finals, and never rounded out his game on both ends to become truly elite. He's a sick talent offensively, but even there he has the propensity to be a chucker at times.

2) Look at the Knicks Centers. This is not a position they have the luxury of making any thinner.

3) Sets a precedent that future NBA gm's are going to try to pull off more and more in the future, and that is going to be a pain in the ****ing *** to listen to whenever a marquee player is in the business of getting a deal done.

tbone2171
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
To be honest, I've never heard of him..He plays for the Knicks you say?

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 02:49 PM
who?

RedRicanoBx
02-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I really hate the nets smfh they are the ones who did that, that stupid *** Russian putting his nose In just so the Knicks could bid high -_- really corny and unproffessional he knew melo dint want Nj, I'm telling you not that the nets are a threat but I will enjoy having an NBA subway series and spanking them all day !! Show em da real king of ny and make that stupid mrkjslalaoph the nets owner really regret investing in the nets

Stuckey#3
02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
This will all be forgotten when Melo Billups and Amar'e have the Garden rocking going into the second round.

Then everyone will change their tune about how the Knicks made a great move and how they had to do it and why did it take them so long to do it.

Typical

Totally... just like the Starberry trade and the Eddy Curry, Jerome James and Jerrod Jeffries signings. Dolan really knows what he is doing...

Personally I think he is smoking rocks with zeke again.

mttwlsn16
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJ4R6CxqEM

what a great shot blocker. youre so right

mttwlsn16
02-21-2011, 03:10 PM
this whole thing has made melo very overrated
he is not a true superstar player

hahahahahahhaa ooooooooookkk melo isnt a star...:facepalm:

kurivaimu
02-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Knicks are giving up way to much. I love Felton and Chandler. And i think this move will make the knicks worse

Algmuskrats
02-21-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't think hes that good.

Algmuskrats
02-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Knicks are giving up way to much. I love Felton and Chandler. And i think this move will make the knicks worse

They lose Felton and gain Billups.
I'd rather have Billups.

WizFan3
02-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Mozgov is garbage

hes a rookie what r u tlkn bout

Kashmir13579
02-21-2011, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJ4R6CxqEM

what a great shot blocker. youre so right

wow. nice little case study you did right there; one involving the highest flyer in the NBA.

John Walls Era
02-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Wow the Knicks better not be holding up the trade because of Mozgov... I'm sorry, but are you kidding me?

Maybe I'm underrating him, but can a NON Knicks fan disagree/agree with me?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Anytime you give a guy brains while he's dunking on you, you need to give up on life.

Blake practically grabbed his head and tried to make him suck his dick.

John Walls Era
02-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Anytime you give a guy brains while he's dunking on you, you need to give up on life.

Blake practically grabbed his head and tried to make him suck his dick.

:laugh: