PDA

View Full Version : ASG: LBJ Vs. Kobe

JasonJohnHorn
02-21-2011, 08:19 AM
I was extremely impressed with both players, and since the West won, I wasnt surprised to see Kobe hoist up the trophy, but at the same time, LBJ had a historic ASG performance. Both guys had high %s and good all around games (Kobe lead both teams in rebounds as well as points), but LBJ brought the ASG to fans in 3D!

So without considering which team won, who do you all think had the better individual game? And lets be nice, no haters please!

BALLER R
02-21-2011, 08:32 AM
kobe vs lebron thread...your playing with fire

Raidaz4Life
02-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Durant.... just to play it safe

AIRMAR72
02-21-2011, 09:13 AM
its bron but kobe played a great game too bron get these sneaky triple doubles at WILL when you watch bron play theres is no evidence that hes trying to get triple double like certain other players you can see they agenda but with bron until you look up at da scoreboard than your DAMN bron is on his way for another triple double you gotta give to bron is a beast and hes been that way since he came in da league since day1

MiamiWadeCounty
02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
LeBron. He basically only tried for a quarter in a half. Kobe was out to win it, which is fine I guess, but you could see Kobe boxing out for boards on offense, stealing the ball from KD and Pau (I think) on a rebound after Pau clearly had it then KD, and lastly he barely passed the ball which is fine that's not his game. He was being a stat whore to be honest. Furthermore, you could easily see towards the end of the game LeBron and the East wanted to win. If they were competitive the whole game I think the East would have won handedly.

Heater4life
02-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Kobe. Although LBJ had the triple double, East lost, which is a variable that cannot be just "thrown out". Either way, Both players had fantastic games, it made the ASG very entertaining to watch.

The Jokemaker
02-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Kobe. He actually cared about winning while Lebron didn't seem to. But hey, I guess it's the other guys fault around Lebron why they didn't win. Need to get him some help on that team then the East could win.

But seriously, Kobe had a great game and led the West to the win. In my eyes, he should be in league MVP discussions.

nshush
02-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Hahah...OP is funny. It's a LeBron-Kobe thread. You clearly are asking for troubles.

Minimal
02-21-2011, 10:17 AM
LeBron easily, he basically played for 2 quarters, while Kobe played seriously from start of the game. I think LeBron had like 6 points on 5 FGA in the first half and managed to get a triple double in the 2nd and was only player, besides Amare who actually tried to win.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-21-2011, 10:22 AM
37 points or triple double??

LeBronze ftw

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
kobe, his team won

koLohe2133
02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice to see lebron showed up for a meaningful game.

Oh what? It's an exhibition? Figures.

Try getting a triple double in may....

icej
02-21-2011, 10:43 AM
In a Sportsman's world this topic discussion could actually have a whole lot of sense, and is worth discussing. But in PSD... Let's find out in few. (I really hope I'm wrong though)

IMHO kobe's performance is really commendable, but what really surprised me is; I decided to not watch after the 1st haft ended so I know how the west is dominating and how kobe seemed dedicated to the game right at the 1st possession, and how east's 1st 5 sucked including LBJ and Wade, I was just surprised how Lebron still manage to get a 3ple double with 29 points in almost entirely the 2nd half? That is something else, considering only MJ has accomplished an ASG 3pleD in NBA history.

The Jokemaker
02-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Let's not make too much of this triple double folks. Yeah its impressive and isn't done often but this isn't in a sense a normal game here. When the scores are in the 140s a lot of scoring is being done and a lot of shots are being missed. Just because something is rare doesn't make it exceptionally difficult.

And to the people saying "oh Lebron only tried for 2 quarters" or whatever, well that's part of what makes a great performance. Kobe wanted to win, played to win, and thats the mark of a great performance. Meanwhile Lebron half ***** it. I'd rather praise the guy who wants to win and gave an impressive performance in that victory than a guy who didn't really care about winning.

Jewelz0376
02-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Let's not make too much of this triple double folks. Yeah its impressive and isn't done often but this isn't in a sense a normal game here. When the scores are in the 140s a lot of scoring is being done and a lot of shots are being missed. Just because something is rare doesn't make it exceptionally difficult.

And to the people saying "oh Lebron only tried for 2 quarters" or whatever, well that's part of what makes a great performance. Kobe wanted to win, played to win, and thats the mark of a great performance. Meanwhile Lebron half ***** it. I'd rather praise the guy who wants to win and gave an impressive performance in that victory than a guy who didn't really care about winning.

This

and of course Kobe wants to win mvp in LA..next year D12 will be trying to get it in Orl too...and so on and son...you better believe Lebron will most def try to get Mvp right from the jump if the game is in Mia in the within the next few years..

Doogolas
02-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Kobe. :shrug: 14 boards 37 points. LeBron basically played PG on an All Star team 90% of the time he was on the floor. So the assists he had weren't all that impressive, they were all pretty easy. The boards and points were impressive, but I thought Kobe wowed me more often.

Teeboy1487
02-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Kobe easily. His team won and also he had 8 more points, 2 more rebounds, and 3 more steals than Lebron. Not to mention complete ownage of Lebron in one sequence of the game.

Lebron had 7 more assists but Kobe was alot more dominant and effective in this game. This two quarter crap is a BS excuse. What happen to that Lebron trying to "will" his teammates to play better we were hearing throughout the game? He was most certainly trying.

Also, Lebron played more minutes than Kobe too so it really throws that second half crap out imo.

Edit: I just want to say both players played great and they definitely stood out from the rest of the allstars. It shows you how talented these two really are.

smith&wesson
02-21-2011, 11:18 AM
Kobe. Although LBJ had the triple double, East lost, which is a variable that cannot be just "thrown out". Either way, Both players had fantastic games, it made the ASG very entertaining to watch.

this. well said.

Minimal
02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Amare Stoudamire: "You could tell he started out from the start, he wanted to get the MVP," Stoudemire said. "He was not passing the ball, at all. But that's Kobe."

^^ recap of this game.

d00d
02-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Kobe will always be > LBJ

CowboysKB24
02-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Kobe's team won, he had a double double with 37 points and 14 rebounds. I don't have any problem with it.

LBJ would have won if the East won, simply as that. He did care a great deal more than everyone else.

Minimal
02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Kobe's team won, he had a double double with 37 points and 14 rebounds. I don't have any problem with it.

LBJ would have won if the East won, simply as that. He did care a great deal more than everyone else.
Well LeBron and the East would have won if he and Kobe decided to go hard from the start of the game.

Seriuosly Kobe tried harder in this game than in any regular season game just cause of ****ing All-Star MVP, this is pathetic.

$KnicksAndKobe$
02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Lebron.

He had a triple double and he lost. Stats + loss = GOAT right?

Nah. Kobe easily, led both teams in points and rebounds and showed swag in a win.

The Jokemaker
02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Well LeBron and the East would have won if he and Kobe decided to go hard from the start of the game.

Seriuosly Kobe tried harder in this game than in any regular season game just cause of ****ing All-Star MVP, this is pathetic.

Wait so Kobe is seriously being criticizing for playing too hard and *gasp* trying? Geez what has happened to the NBA. Look Lebron is a good player but why is it everytime an excuse is always made? He flat out got outplayed and didn't have that competitive desire to win that game. Congrats Kobe on a well deserved all-star MVP.

I guess that's a comment to expect from someone with Bosh as their avatar...

icej
02-21-2011, 12:23 PM

I think you just contradicted yourself, same for those who quoted you.

By your own reasoning there, kobe's 37 pts and 14 rebounds was made a fluke. --Scores are typically High and lot of shots missed.

Again, kobe's performance was quite commendable and his team won. (But don't make too much of a ASG okey) so he really deserves the MVP award.

But UNDERRATING a 3ple double specially if only 2 people in the whole world has done it, is a different case. And people say he's overrated.

29 12 10 is not your normal box stat and again (can't seem to emphasize enough) very rare in an All Star game where everyone just wants to score.

37 14 3 is great but not very singular in an ASG, not taking away anything from kobe's effort which was great from the tip off but just the same, LBJ's performance is just nothing less of historical.

No sugar coating, Nor hate, just tell it as it is.

Create
02-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Team that wins deserves to have a player from their team get the MVP.

*Superman*
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Kobe easily. His team won and alsot he had 8 more points, 2 more rebounds, and 3 more steals than Lebron. No to mention complete ownage of Lebron in one sequence of the game.

Lebron had 7 more assists but Kobe was alot more dominant and effective in this game. This two quarter crap is a BS excuse. What happen to that Lebron trying to "will" his teammates to play better we were hearing throughout the game? He was most certainly trying.

Also, Lebron played more minutes than Kobe too so it really throws that second half crap out imo.

Edit: I just want to say both players played great and they definitely stood out from the rest of the allstars. It shows you how talented these two really are.

Don't forget 1 smack on the ***.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Lebron.

Sorry but i will ALWAYS take the triple double over the high scoring ballhoging show.

J-Relo
02-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Lebron.

Sorry but i will ALWAYS take the triple double over the high scoring ballhoging show.

:cool:

loveofthegame87
02-21-2011, 01:25 PM
I will always will pick a high scoring ballhoging show over the triple double if that ballhog wins everytime.

Avenged
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
The triple double is impressive. I'm sure many of people would choose that had they not known that this was about Kobe vs. Lebron.. BUT the W on the side for Kobe does it for me. I'll take his stat line plus the win.

Minimal
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
They should have been Co-MVP's, you can't deny a triple double with 29 points.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
They should have been Co-MVP's, you can't deny a triple double with 29 points.

on 8 !!! less touches dont forget bout that.

nickdymez
02-21-2011, 01:57 PM
lmao@ losers who take moral victories.. aka, lebron james fans... I'll take the ballhog that wins the game.. aka, Kobe Bryant fans

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
lmao@ losers who take moral victories.. aka, lebron james fans... I'll take the ballhog that wins the game.. aka, Kobe Bryant fans

you should check kobes record when he shoots more than 20 in a game.

Pretty Depressing, and it goes worse and worse when you check 25 shots 30 shots etc etc etc.

nickdymez
02-21-2011, 02:00 PM

Pretty Depressing, and it goes worse and worse when you check 25 shots 30 shots etc etc etc.

Hows about I check Kobes record in the NBA finals...

thekmp211
02-21-2011, 02:01 PM
lol look im not a fan of kobes isolation antics and a triple double is nice, but the west won the game. gotta take the bean.

ackar
02-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Great for both of those guys!

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Hows about I check Kobes record in the NBA finals...

the record that could have been 7-0 if he didnt try to be the hero on 04 and 08?

thekmp211
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
the record that could have been 7-0 if he didnt try to be the hero on 04 and 08?

...or 0-7 if he didnt carry them countless times every other season. cmon crooner kobe has earned some respect as a winner.

WizFan3
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
just close it now mods

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 02:16 PM
...or 0-7 if he didnt carry them countless times every other season. cmon crooner kobe has earned some respect as a winner.

Really?

Put Lebron, or Wade or Durant , or paul or dirk in the 00-03 teams with Shaq.
Put Lebron or Wade or Durant or paul or dirk in the 09-10 teams with Pau, Drew, Odom ; artest/ariza and so on.

Do you think they would not Win?

nickdymez
02-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Really?

Put Lebron or Wade or Durant or paul or dirk in the 09-10 teams with Pau, Drew, Odom ; artest/ariza and so on.

unfortunately none of those player were there so we'll never know. Lets go ahead and put Jordan, Barkley, Bird, Magic, or thomas there too since were playing make believe.

madiaz3
02-21-2011, 02:20 PM
This sequence in the first 30 seconds pretty much solidifies it for me. That separation in score that Bryant propelled was huge, causing the East to play catchup for most of the rest of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXnr3Yd4Bl4

I wonder if FGM/FGA will ever be weighted in terms of context, timing, importance and current score, because Kobe sure as hell hit some important shots.

edit: woops forgot to post the link

BUCSFORLIFE123
02-21-2011, 02:33 PM
how can you say kobe played seriously the whole game and lebron didnt? lebron was being a one-man team driving to the hoop by himself.. thats a try hard right there all kobe did was shoot. even durant barely drove the basket, he knew it was a all star game thats why he shot 3s all day , no ones tryna be physical but lebron

Chacarron
02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
What I found very cool is that the West All-stars were giving the ball to Kobe at the end of the 4th to make plays. That shows respect and admiration towards Kobe who had an amazing game.

carolinaraider
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Kobe! I seriously hope Lebron never wins a Championship for the sole fact of him ditching his team. ( Clevland )

And I also checked out how Melo-man was playing; why didn't the Lakers persue him more. Why would they not trade Bynum ( who rarely play because of injury anyway ) for Melow-man!

shep33
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM

You hate Kobe, we know.

shep33
02-21-2011, 03:10 PM
37 and 14 on the winning team I think deserves it, LBJ played fantastic with that trip-dub, but I mean the west won, and again Kobe lead the game in points and rebounds. I'm fine with it, CO-MVP's is a stretch just cause they don't play on the same team.

Who cares.

Doogolas
02-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Honestly, how can anybody say Kobe was a ballhog and LBJ wasn't? I know he had 10 assists, but all of them were incredibly, incredibly easy assists. LeBron still grabbed the ball every ****ing possession. He must have run the plays 90% of the time when he was out there. Kobe deferred and let other people do **** when he wasn't trying to score. They were both ballhogs in their own special ways.

shep33
02-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Amare Stoudamire: "You could tell he started out from the start, he wanted to get the MVP," Stoudemire said. "He was not passing the ball, at all. But that's Kobe."

^^ recap of this game.

lol Amare had 2 assists in that game! And Kobe out rebounded Amare by 8! Amare is awesome, but he and Kobe often talk a lot of trash, friendly talk though. They did it when Amare was in Phoenix, when they played the Knicks this year too, and at last nights ASG.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Honestly, how can anybody say Kobe was a ballhog and LBJ wasn't? I know he had 10 assists, but all of them were incredibly, incredibly easy assists. LeBron still grabbed the ball every ****ing possession. He must have run the plays 90% of the time when he was out there. Kobe deferred and let other people do **** when he wasn't trying to score. They were both ballhogs in their own special ways.

18 shots taken vs 26 shots taken.
You are trying to be more popist than the pope himself. :D

shep33
02-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Lebron.

I would bet anything that if Pau or Rudy put up a game like that in the ASG, you would pick them in a heartbeat. Be honest man... I have no problem with people cheering for their country men, but just admit that you do.

shep33
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I also thought Kobe played the best D out there, there were like 2-3 possesions where he stripped wade, another one where he guarded LBJ down the entire length of the court.

This is sad, the west won and Kobe deserved it. If the east won then LBJ would've got it, and I'd be fine with that. In all truth its an exhibition who cares guys. Really is this thread worthy?

madiaz3

Hmmm..

55% FG Lebron
54% FG Kobe
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

welp, that about settles it!

Chronz
Bron had the better game but Kobe was deserving of MVP based on the criteria that it gos to the player on the winning team. That fair?

shep33
02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Hmmm..

55% FG Lebron
54% FG Kobe
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

welp, that about settles it!

Yeah your right, people just wanna hate. 37 and 14 with 3 steals, 3 assists, and a few really nice dunks is deserving IMO. LBJ played great, but I mean the west won, so Kobe deserves it, no question.

If people say Kobe shot a lot then why aren't people ripping up KD? I thought KD played great, but he also shot the ball 23 times and shot under 50%, while I believe had way way less rebounds then Kobe, less assists, less steals.

So it's obvious that people just want to hate on Kobe. I don't really care in all honesty, I'm just glad he and Pau came out without an injury.

madiaz3
02-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah, and Crooner, while the 00-03 team replacing Kobe with Durant and Wade would have easily wrecked their eastern finals opponents per usual, I don't think they would be able to reach the finals. Spurs and Kings would have taken them out.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I would bet anything that if Pau or Rudy put up a game like that in the ASG, you would pick them in a heartbeat. Be honest man... I have no problem with people cheering for their country men, but just admit that you do.

i would rip on them too.

But is higly doubtfull ANY european player would attempt that many shots in an Asg..... maybe petrovic back then .....Dirk....nah he would not try that many

Doogolas
02-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Like I said, they were both ball hogs in their own special ways. Kobe got the ball and tried to score and did it very well or immediately deferred to someone else to run the offense.

LeBron got the ball, dribbled, dribbled some more, drove and passed for an assist or drove and scored.

Double_R
02-21-2011, 04:05 PM
It was Kobe.... if Lebron doesn't pass that late shot to Bosh(like he always does in close games) and takes that straight on open 3pter and hits it, we aren't even having this conversation because the East wins.

SF25
02-21-2011, 04:08 PM
LeBron hands down in my opinion. For me 29-12-10 is more impressive then 37-14-3. That's not to take anything away from Kobe's performance though, even though I hate the guy I have no problem admitting he played great. Really though it doesn't matter that much, it's the all-star game, it means nothing.

knightstemplar
02-21-2011, 04:15 PM
It was Kobe.... if Lebron doesn't pass that late shot to Bosh(like he always does in close games) and takes that straight on open 3pter and hits it, we aren't even having this conversation because the East wins.

lol he does pass alot in clutch situations

Raph12
02-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Kobe

It felt like I was watching the Cavs 2.0 out there in the 2nd half... Dude had the ball all game long and only passed when he couldn't score, instead of looking to make plays for teammates.

shep33
02-21-2011, 04:27 PM
i would rip on them too.

But is higly doubtfull ANY european player would attempt that many shots in an Asg..... maybe petrovic back then .....Dirk....nah he would not try that many

Alright, haha I'll let you slide this time. But I mean c'mon, if the east won, LBJ should've got it hands down, but they didn't. So in an exhibition game, the logical way to end the dispute is if two players on opposing teams both put up great games... then give the award to the player on the team that one. I mean it's the clearest explanation to people arguing otherwise. Haha i mean it makes sense on the most basic level, and I don't understand why people continue to argue against that.

Crooner I also have a personal message that I want to send you, so check your private messages. Just a question about European basketball

shep33
02-21-2011, 04:30 PM
The West won, which means Kobe deserved it.

If the East won, then LBJ should've deserved it.

/thread

KingPosey
02-21-2011, 04:34 PM
its bron but kobe played a great game too bron get these sneaky triple doubles at WILL when you watch bron play theres is no evidence that hes trying to get triple double like certain other players you can see they agenda but with bron until you look up at da scoreboard than your DAMN bron is on his way for another triple double you gotta give to bron is a beast and hes been that way since he came in da league since day1

This post is so intelligent, its air-tight. How can you even argue with him?

KingPosey
02-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Its the ASG, and it really is pointless. No one plays Defense. SO if you get a lot of minutes, there is no reason that these guys shouldnt shoot a high %, or get assists. Every basket is basically free for 40 minutes.

kobe24>lebron23
02-21-2011, 04:38 PM
LeBron. He basically only tried for a quarter in a half. Kobe was out to win it, which is fine I guess, but you could see Kobe boxing out for boards on offense, stealing the ball from KD and Pau (I think) on a rebound after Pau clearly had it then KD, and lastly he barely passed the ball which is fine that's not his game. He was being a stat whore to be honest. Furthermore, you could easily see towards the end of the game LeBron and the East wanted to win. If they were competitive the whole game I think the East would have won handedly.

Same could be said for Kobe and the west they tried for the first three quarters but in the fourth they relaxed and slowed down!

thekmp211
02-21-2011, 04:40 PM
unfortunately none of those player were there so we'll never know. Lets go ahead and put Jordan, Barkley, Bird, Magic, or thomas there too since were playing make believe.

exactly. and its not like the guys he named were exactly average.

the point is he DID it.

kobe24>lebron23
02-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Lebron.

Says the Kobe hater d pau gasol fan! Srry pau can't be first option man! Kobe will always be the man in LA!

kobe24>lebron23
02-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Really?

Coulda shoulda woulda lol man ur delusional!

Guess what no they wouldn't have won you know why cuz Kobe is a winner he's a killer non of those other guys want it as much as him! So no they wouldn't have won!

Jenceman
02-21-2011, 04:56 PM
The funny thing is that high scoring games are always harder to accomplish than triple doubles. Just because triple doubles don't happen as often doesn't mean it's the greatest feat you can accomplish. I believe Chronz tried to explain this to most posters on this site but it fell on deaf, or more like ignorant, ears.

The scoring is more impressive because that is completely on the player. No lucky bounces for a rebound, no relying on teammates to make a shot, the onus is all on you. It's why Kobe's 62(3?) point performance was greater than Bron's near triple double in the garden. A player's own scoring is almost completely on that player.

MTar786
02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
who ever thinks lebron played the better game is dumb. yeah sure, he played a better in the 4th quarter.. but the whole game is what matters

lebron played 32 minutes. kobe played 29.
kobe played MUCH better defense
kobe had 14 rebounds to lead the team
kobe had 10 OFFENSIVE rebounds

lebron played a great 4th quarter.. but if it wasnt for amare they still would have lost by 15 or so instead of however much they lost by

kobe24>lebron23
02-21-2011, 05:01 PM
The funny thing is that high scoring games are always harder to accomplish than triple doubles. Just because triple doubles don't happen as often doesn't mean it's the greatest feat you can accomplish. I believe Chronz tried to explain this to most posters on this site but it fell on deaf, or more like ignorant, ears.

The scoring is more impressive because that is completely on the player. No lucky bounces for a rebound, no relying on teammates to make a shot, the onus is all on you. It's why Kobe's 62(3?) point performance was greater than Bron's near triple double in the garden. A player's own scoring is almost completely on that player.

+1... Sure Kobe might have been a ball hog but he was shooting it over 50% so I have no reason to hate but maybe if he was missing alot everyone would have had a problem with it!

Overall Kobes night>lebrons!

Raidaz4Life
02-21-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't get why people continuously still point to assists. Lebron was handling the ball the entire time for the East... not Rose...

Kobe was playing with Chris Paul.... there was no reason for him to try and get a ton of assists... same with Durant. The job of the ball handler is to make plays for the scorers like Kobe and Durant. Kobe was not the primary ball handler for the West.... Lebron was for the East.

I am not trying to take away from what Lebron did because to be honest I think Kobe and Lebron's games were equal in impact on their teams.... it just happened that the West won. But all these people saying Lebron was amazing and Kobe was just a ball hog is absolutely ridiculous. Lebron was just as much of a ball hog if not more than Kobe. The fact that the guy who was supposed to be making plays for everyone else on the floor dropped 29 points and led his team in scoring is kind of sad. Its not like he NEEDED to score... he had a team of all stars around him.... but of course nobody would ever take the time to analyze a game like this.... all they do is flip open a boxscore and think "ZOMG LOOK AT THE TRIPLE DOUBLE, KOBE IS JUST A BALL HOG BUT LEBRON GOT ASSISTS!"

I think the most impressive stat for either player was the 10 offensive rebounds by Kobe.

It just goes to show how little people are capable of understanding the game of basketball

KingPosey
02-21-2011, 05:25 PM
And its a toss up situation, because if you look a little further down the box score, LBJ was not playing any defense, what so ever.

DCB/LAL
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Easily Kobe...

Lebron wasn't even the best performer despite his triple double it was Amare who was the MVP for the EAST. Just saying... :shrug:

Raps18-19 Champ
02-21-2011, 05:30 PM
It's all Bosh's fault why they didn't win. There was like 40 secs and he takes a 3 when there was a wide open lane for a dunk.

The East was in it more for the flashiness and showboating to entertain the fans. The West seemed like they wanted to play.

Lebron tried to do things to entertain people. Kobe wanted to win.

Both were impressive though.

SwatTeam
02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Kobe's feat was impressive but LeBron more so. Only 2 players in the 60 years of the NBA ASG got a triple doubles, lets not play the accomplishment down. BUT at the end of the day, the East lost so he didn't deserve the MVP because Kobe also dominated for the West and they won. Simple logic.

I think Kobe was on a mission in this game from the tip to make a statement to the league that he's still here. All weekend people were talking about the new rising stars of the league in Blake, DRose, Westbrook, and Durant. Everyone kept saying how Blake would give Kobe a run for his money for LA dominance and Kobe showed everyone he isn't going down without a fight. I also think he was trying to show the league that the lakers are going to be a lot more aggressive in the 2nd half of the season - which is something every lakers fans needs to worry about right now because they looked like pure ***** for a 2X champ in the first half.
As for Lebron, as Ice Cube once said, he f***ed around and got a triple double.

Unruly Fan
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Easily Kobe...

Lebron wasn't even the best performer despite his triple double it was Amare who was the MVP for the EAST. Just saying... :shrug:

wtf?

Thats like saying...

"Kobe wasn't even the best performer despite his ball hogging display... it was Kevin Durant who was the MVP for the WEST. Just saying..." :shrug:

As I said before in one of the now closed threads...

The role LeBron seems to take on is that guy trying to will a team to victory (in this case a group of all stars) while Kobe's that guy that tries to outshine the rest of his teammates on a far overall superior team where his "heroics" is not needed.

whitemamba33
02-21-2011, 05:43 PM
wtf?

Thats like saying...

"Kobe wasn't even the best performer despite his ball hogging display... it was Kevin Durant who was the MVP for the WEST. Just saying..." :shrug:

The role LeBron seems to take on is that guy trying to will a team to victory (in this case a group of all stars) while Kobe's that guy that tries to outshine the rest of his teammates on a far overall superior team where his "heroics" is not needed.

...the roll LeBron seems to take on is losing.

...the roll Kobe seems to take on is winning.

Unruly Fan
02-21-2011, 05:46 PM
I think the most impressive stat for either player was the 10 offensive rebounds by Kobe.

It just goes to show how little people are capable of understanding the game of basketball

Yeah especially the one where he threw it off the front of the rim during a free throw and proceeded to shoot it from the free-throw line for an easy 2...

whitemamba33
02-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah especially the one where he threw it off the front of the rim during a free throw and proceeded to shoot it from the free-throw line for an easy 2...

lol so he turned 1 point into 2 off a missed free throw and nobody on the East bothered to box out....and you are trying to put a negative spin on that?

Hating should come easy..you shouldn't have to try so hard.

kobe24>lebron23
02-21-2011, 05:57 PM

U really think he did that on purpose lol smh!

kobe24>lebron23
02-21-2011, 05:58 PM

U completely owned that Guy! :clap:

Unruly Fan
02-21-2011, 06:06 PM
lol so he turned 1 point into 2 off a missed free throw and nobody on the East bothered to box out....and you are trying to put a negative spin on that?

Hating should come easy..you shouldn't have to try so hard.

No I agree, it's actually almost too easy when there are enough things to hate about.

But I'll admit that the ASMVP was Kobes for sure because the West won. Even Jordan didn't win the MVP when he got a trip double all those years ago.

Unruly Fan
02-21-2011, 06:10 PM

Winning isn't everything.

whitemamba33
02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
No I agree, it's actually almost too easy when there are enough things to hate about.

But I'll admit that the ASMVP was Kobes for sure because the West won. Even Jordan didn't win the MVP when he got a trip double all those years ago.

Than make some good points for once and stop trying so hard. 10 offensive rebounds and you are going to call out 1 because he missed and nobody else did their job?

Let's get down to it: You hate him because he's good. I know it, you know it. If he was terrible, you wouldn't be here. I don't see you here bashing Adam Morrison. Maybe a few years ago I would have thought it was pathetic. But now? I think keyboard warriors who hate on another guy for being successful are just funny.

whitemamba33
02-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Winning isn't everything.

You keep telling yourself that. When you get out of the second grade and people stop playing "for fun", you'll learn to think differently.

Unruly Fan
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
You keep telling yourself that. When you get out of the second grade and people stop playing "for fun", you'll learn to think differently.Basketball is a TEAM sport so if you think he won that game all on his own then you're sorely mistaken. IMO LeBron out-preformed the hell out of Kobe who was actually scoreless in the last 6 mins when the game actually mattered but hey that's just my opinion.

Raidaz4Life
02-21-2011, 06:41 PM

I would be 3x impressed if he actually intentionally did that. Do you know how many players in the NBA WISH they could do that?

whitemamba33
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Basketball is a TEAM sport so if you think he won that game all on his own then you're sorely mistaken. IMO LeBron out-preformed the hell out of Kobe who was actually scoreless in the last 6 mins when the game actually mattered but hey that's just my opinion.

I never said he did...i'm just noticing an interesting trend. Kobe wins, LeBron loses, you hate.

I also noticed how LeBron had a great opportunity to take a clutch shot, but passed it off. But you aren't going to mention that are you? You are more concearned with Kobe getting his own rebound off a free throw and getting another 2 points.

You are going to do what you are going to do. Just don't be disturbed by my laughing.

And does anything else think that it is more than just a coincidence that a Toronto fan thinks "winning isn't everything"?

Supreme LA
02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Than make some good points for once and stop trying so hard. 10 offensive rebounds and you are going to call out 1 because he missed and nobody else did their job?

Let's get down to it: You hate him because he's good. I know it, you know it. If he was terrible, you wouldn't be here. I don't see you here bashing Adam Morrison. Maybe a few years ago I would have thought it was pathetic. But now? I think keyboard warriors who hate on another guy for being successful are just funny.

^^ "Keyboard Warriors" LMAO!!!!!!!!:clap:

DCB/LAL
02-21-2011, 07:57 PM
wtf?

Thats like saying...

Not really Lebron hogged the ball more..played more minutes(MOST MINUTES PLAYED)...shot a worse %....had less boards.

The WEST passed the ball better and moved it around the East had Lebron hogging it and thus being the reason they lost.

But your right it is a TEAM game and thats why the West won because they WERE ALL involved not just Lebron hogging the ball like the East had.

Giantwarrior
02-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Kobe had 10 offensive rebounds out of the 12 he grabbed. he wanted to Win, thats for sure.

DCB/LAL
02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Kobe had 10 offensive rebounds out of the 12 he grabbed. he wanted to Win, thats for sure.

lol he had 14 rebounds...just a typo

RaiderLakersA's
02-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Kobe.

For all of you that said that LeBron only played some part of the game in an effort to win, thank you for dumbing down the rest of PSD, and not having a clue what competition is all about. Even in the ASG.

Or put another way...

Imagine you just paid $5000 of your hard-earned money to see two of the best the game has to offer play.

Player A chooses to give 100% effort, but only in the last half of the game. He manages a triple double, but his team loses. He didn't give it his all the entire game, which is what you paid to see. He didn't even get his other teammates up for battle until the other team had already amassed a good lead, due in large part to the efforts of player B. (Did the East ever have the lead at any point in the game????)

On the other hand, Player B comes out on fire, giving you not only a show, but all of his energy and then some, to the point that he's spent by the 4th quarter. When it's all said and done, player B manages a double-double, including leading both teams in rebounds -- which is no small feat for a guard -- and almost catching the record for the most points ever scored in the ASG game. Oh, and by the way, Player B's team also wins the game.

This is a no-brainer. If I'm paying my hard earned money for competitive entertainment, then I don't want anyone half-***ing it on my dime!!! Give me the guy who is going to play his tail off and win. The rest is just fluff.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
Kobe.

For all of you that said that LeBron only played some part of the game in an effort to win, thank you for dumbing down the rest of PSD, and not having a clue what competition is all about. Even in the ASG.

Or put another way...

Imagine you just paid $5000 of your hard-earned money to see two of the best the game has to offer play.

Player A chooses to give 100% effort, but only in the last half of the game. He manages a triple double, but his team loses. He didn't give it his all the entire game, which is what you paid to see. He didn't even get his other teammates up for battle until the other team had already amassed a good lead, due in large part to the efforts of player B. (Did the East ever have the lead at any point in the game????)

On the other hand, Player B comes out on fire, giving you not only a show, but all of his energy and then some, to the point that he's spent by the 4th quarter. When it's all said and done, player B manages a double-double, including leading both teams in rebounds -- which is no small feat for a guard -- and almost catching the record for the most points ever scored in the ASG game. Oh, and by the way, Player B's team also wins the game.

This is a no-brainer. If I'm paying my hard earned money for competitive entertainment, then I don't want anyone half-***ing it on my dime!!! Give me the guy who is going to play his tail off and win. The rest is just fluff.

What are you talking about? No one ever brought up anything about competition.

The question was that who had the better game. Most of us said Kobe.

Most of us just admitted that Lebron didn't really try much until the end of the game and tried to show boat and do some highlight reel players wheater it be doing an alley oop to himself of trying so many outlet passes so his team can have an advantage in the other side of the court while Kobe clearly was trying his best the whole game.

There aren't a lot of people who was in this thread that would denied everything you said.

You just decided to bring something up about competition when no one really cared.

Anilyzer
02-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Kobe shot better, pushed the action and scored more points.

Lebron's triple double don't mean that much. You know he'll have 10 pts and 10 rebounds, and it's the all star game, so all he really has to do is pass the ball and he will get assists. He's kind of just hogging the ball from Rose and Rondo and making some easy passes. Drop it inside to Dwight Howard. Assist. *wow* In a game where the over/under is like 300 pts.

Lebron shot 10-18 in 32 minutes

Kobe shot 14-26 in 29 minutes + had 3 steals + West won

btw, this could mean that the league has enough love for Kobe and the Lakers to make them the "chosen ones" for one more year.

The fans are gonna wanna see LA vs Boston or Miami

Anyways, San Antonio is good, but when the Lakers win game one on your court you are already in big trouble.

Unruly Fan
02-21-2011, 10:05 PM
I never said he did...i'm just noticing an interesting trend. Kobe wins, LeBron loses, you hate.
Funny, because as a Toronto fan how could my opinion be bias? I just think LeBron did better and for some reason you can't handle that.

I also noticed how LeBron had a great opportunity to take a clutch shot, but passed it off. But you aren't going to mention that are you? You are more concearned with Kobe getting his own rebound off a free throw and getting another 2 points.
Why would it be necessary to bring that up? I'm sure enough people know that LeBron is more willing to actually PASS the ball. What are you trying to prove here?

And does anything else think that it is more than just a coincidence that a Toronto fan thinks "winning isn't everything"?
Well in that case, what were Laker fans thinking when they let Cavs walked all over them a week ago? I guess Kobe would rather try hard in an All-Star game than during the regular season.

Unruly Fan
02-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Not really Lebron hogged the ball more..played more minutes(MOST MINUTES PLAYED)...shot a worse %....had less boards.

The WEST passed the ball better and moved it around the East had Lebron hogging it and thus being the reason they lost.

But your right it is a TEAM game and thats why the West won because they WERE ALL involved not just Lebron hogging the ball like the East had.

First off I think you need your eyes checked because the East was getting smashed before LeBron decided to take over. If it wasn't for LeBron's rally they would've lost by much much more. I know it sounds like I'm trying to defend the guy but that just shows you how many people are actually on Kobe's nuts.

Chronz
02-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Kobe

It felt like I was watching the Cavs 2.0 out there in the 2nd half... Dude had the ball all game long and only passed when he couldn't score, instead of looking to make plays for teammates.

LOL you mean when the East made a comeback

nickdymez
02-21-2011, 10:29 PM
First off I think you need your eyes checked because the East was getting smashed before LeBron decided to take over. If it wasn't for LeBron's rally they would've lost by much much more. I know it sounds like I'm trying to defend the guy but that just shows you how many people are actually on Kobe's nuts.

Your not gonna respond to the points the guy made?