PDA

View Full Version : Denverpost- Nuggets close in on deal to send Melo to Knicks

xabial
02-21-2011, 04:12 AM
It may finally be over!!!!!

The Nuggets appear to be closing in on a deal to trade star forward Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks.

The teams talked through the weekend and are working out the final details of what would be a blockbuster trade. NBA commissioner David Stern did not want a major trade announced on the day of the All-Star Game.

While final details were still being negotiated, the latest trade offer includes New York sending guard Raymond Felton, forwards Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari, centers Timofey Mozgov and Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick to the Nuggets for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter or Renaldo Balkman, according to NBA sources.

"I said I hoped to have a word by today, one way or another," Anthony said Sunday after the All-Star Game at the Staples Center. "I've been up early dealing with this and all the festivities, but the night is still young on this side (of the country)."

Nuggets officials are also talking about a megadeal with the New Jersey Nets, but that trade is less likely because Anthony hasn't indicated he would sign a contract extension to make it happen. Anthony will sign the extension to play for the Knicks.

"I haven't talked to anybody today from the Denver Nuggets organization," Anthony said after the game, "so as of right now, I'm still a Nugget."

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov appeared to be all but bowing out of the competition Sunday, telling CNBC that he met with Anthony over the weekend in part to get the rival Knicks to increase their offer to Denver.

"I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov said.

Anthony met with Prokhorov, Nets minority owner Jay-Z and general manager Billy King late Saturday.

Asked at the Staples Center before the game if he had any news on a deal, Prokhorov said, "I don't care."

The NBA's trading deadline is Thursday at 1 p.m. Mountain time. But it's likely the Nuggets will trade Anthony in the next day or two, in part because it would give them more time to finish reshaping their roster by Thursday. They are looking to get younger, stock draft picks and have more overall roster flexibility.

Knicks management — MSG chairman James Dolan, team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni — was busy putting out brush fires Sunday that the Knicks were giving up too much for Anthony, releasing a statement to cool off rampant speculation that there was disagreement in the ranks.

"We want to make it abundantly clear that we have been in constant communication throughout this process and the three of us are in complete agreement with everything that we are currently working on," the statement said. "Together, we will do what is best for the long-term success of the franchise."

The Nuggets play Memphis on Tuesday at the Pepsi Center. There is a slim chance Anthony will be present that night in a Nuggets uniform.

"Yeah, of course," Anthony said when asked about playing Tuesday against the Grizzlies. "As of right now."

Anthony had eight points and seven rebounds for the West all-stars. He maintained throughout All-Star Weekend that he didn't know where trade talks stood, but hoped to have a resolution by the time he left Los Angeles.

"I still enjoyed this weekend, regardless of what was going on and what has been said," Anthony
Denver's Carmelo Anthony scored eight points Sunday in the All-Star Game.

He could soon be playing for the Knicks, with all-star center Amar'e Stoudemire his teammate.

"I'm not sure what the logistics are, but I think it's pretty much in Denver's hands," Stoudemire said Sunday. "So we are just waiting on them."

The Knicks' next game is Wednesday against Milwaukee, which is billed as "Legends Night" at Madison Square Garden.

Added Stoudemire: "We are playing well right now. We definitely can improve. I'm not the GM. We have to take it upon ourselves to get better. Until something happens, it's on us to really take that next step."

Anthony ranks third in Nuggets history in points scored (13,970) and is in the franchise's top 10 in games played (564), steals (634), 3-point field goals (410) and rebounds (3,566).

Billups would leave the Nuggets for the second time and be part of a New York team that could be in a position to not just make a playoff run but make noise. At 28-26, the Knicks are in sixth place in the Eastern Conference.

The Nuggets (32-25) begin the second half of the season in seventh place in the Western Conference. Four of their next five games are at home.

Source- http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17440130

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 04:15 AM
I don't understand why DEN wants to expand this to include Felton and Billups.

kyubi256
02-21-2011, 04:18 AM
^Felton is younger so they probably want to fall back on him if they need a PG for the future

xabial
02-21-2011, 04:18 AM

Saves them $$, Felton is younger, cheaper, part of the rebuilding process.

Who knows? Maybe he can stick long-term after the trade he's only 26, and has two years remaining on his contract on a very fair deal.

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 04:19 AM
^Felton is younger so they probably want to fall back on him if they need a PG for the future

But they have Ty Lawson. And Billups expires a year earlier. Just makes no sense to me. Felton actually hurts them because he will help them win. DEN should try to rebuild of they deal Melo, not try to be a borderline playoff team.

kyubi256
02-21-2011, 04:20 AM
This might finally be over... But that sucks, giving up Mozgov also? I was hoping we'd keep him.

But honestly, I just want this to end seriously

xabial
02-21-2011, 04:21 AM
I guess they must have read the other thread. Knicks caved in and added mosgov. f*c* 4 draft picks. Thats 4 starters and 1 draft pick. It should be over soon lol.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 04:21 AM

felton is younger and cheaper.billups holds no interest to keep if they trade melo way as they wont be winning

also call it false..it will never be over,i'm lucky...i'm not that lucky

kyubi256
02-21-2011, 04:22 AM
I guess the Knicks probably did cave in. They said it was worth it in the end and probably decided to give in.

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 04:24 AM
The Knicks are making a big mistake here IMO. I would offer Randolph, Gallo, Curry, 1st rounder, and Chandler for Melo - THAT'S IT. No Billups or Felton. No Fields or Mozgov.

xabial
02-21-2011, 04:24 AM
**** i wanted to keep mosgov. Thats four ******* starters and 1 draft pick.

jetsfan28
02-21-2011, 04:35 AM
But they have Ty Lawson. And Billups expires a year earlier. Just makes no sense to me. Felton actually hurts them because he will help them win. DEN should try to rebuild of they deal Melo, not try to be a borderline playoff team.

Felton's 3rd year isn't guaranteed

Anyway, I'm honestly not happy about this deal. It's just too much to give up for Melo. I'd rather keep Felton (who I like much more than Billups), Gallo, Mozgov, and the 1st and take my chances this offseason, if I don't get Melo this offseason I keep Chandler, or go after Jordan or Gasol. I'm willing to pay one piece too many (and to me, that's what Felton for Billups is, one piece too many), but not two.

Mudvayne91
02-21-2011, 04:37 AM

I agree, I hope they flip Felton to another team. Ty needs the minutes.

bklynny67
02-21-2011, 04:40 AM
this trade will improve the Knicks this season and for the future. they can build around Melo and Amar'e. plus, other stars will wanna join them. Deron Williams already said he wants to join them here. this team is gonna be elite very soon. maybe not a championship contender next year, but the yr after is very possible. they just need to add a few other solid role players and good defenders around these two.

chill out guys. dont get upset about Mozgov being added. Melo and Amar'e are the guys we need to lead us to an NBA title. these other guys wont do that.

jetsfan28
02-21-2011, 04:42 AM
this trade will improve the Knicks this season and for the future. they can build around Melo and Amar'e. plus, other stars will wanna join them. Deron Williams already said he wants to join them here. this team is gonna be elite very soon. maybe not a championship contender next year, but the yr after is very possible. they just need to add a few other solid role players and good defenders around these two.

chill out guys. dont get upset about Mozgov being added. Melo and Amar'e are the guys we need to lead us to an NBA title. these other guys wont do that.

Amare and Nash won zero titles. Melo and AI won zero titles. Melo and Amare have won a combined zero titles. Just having those guys isn't enough without talent around them, and Fields + Billups isn't enough to keep this team going. This is a bad trade, the Knicks give up too much and aren't left with any future. And in three years or so when Amare's knees give out, they'll be left where they were at the beginning of this decade.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 04:43 AM
knicks FO is plain and simpel stupid.

If melo is NOT signing an extenison with nets then nets are dead.

If melo is not signign for nets Denver has two options ship it to Knicks or see him Signing wigh knicks in offseason.

KNICKS shoudl tell Nuggets to go **** of and hold it all until an hour before the deadline.

then
say Its curry and chandler for Melo , you take it or leave it , Melo is joining us anyway now or in 3 months.
You choose.

LOOTERX9
02-21-2011, 04:46 AM
The Knicks are making a big mistake here IMO. I would offer Randolph, Gallo, Curry, 1st rounder, and Chandler for Melo - THAT'S IT. No Billups or Felton. No Fields or Mozgov.

Then Melo will be traded to NJ. And the garden fans would be pissed. They were chanting for melo and dolan made it happen stop b**tchin. enjoy it cause knicks have not had 2 legit stars at once since the 70's.

patrickny209
02-21-2011, 04:49 AM
Then Melo will be traded to NJ. And the garden fans would be pissed. They were chanting for melo and dolan made it happen stop b**tchin. enjoy it cause knicks have not had 2 legit stars at once since the 70's.

Yeah exactly, I'll be ****ing thrilled if/when this is announced tomorrow

jimbobjarree
02-21-2011, 04:50 AM
get this deal done

knicks_champ
02-21-2011, 04:51 AM
I actually think a bad trade but not like people put it. Felton will be replaced by a vet who is a winner and clutch. Gallo is replaced by Melo that is a plus. Chandler is one that will hurt because we get no replacement for him but he was leaving this offseason most likely so I don't mind. Mozgov is the one that hurts for me because I liked his game but I think we will sign Earl Barron for the time being the production will be similar.

So I think it's a good trade in a sense that we finally get that go to shooter. It looks bad because it's 4 starters but really Mozgov just started being a starter for us again. He right now is not ready. Chandler on a good team would be a 6th man, Gallo too. So in a way it's 1 starter with 3 potential starters getting traded for a star.

bklynny67
02-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Amare and Nash won zero titles. Melo and AI won zero titles. Melo and Amare have won a combined zero titles. Just having those guys isn't enough without talent around them, and Fields + Billups isn't enough to keep this team going. This is a bad trade, the Knicks give up too much and aren't left with any future. And in three years or so when Amare's knees give out, they'll be left where they were at the beginning of this decade.

i couldn't disagree with you more

if we miss out on Melo now, do u really think we can win a championship with Amar'e, Felton, Gallo, and Chandler?

all next season we'll keep hearing about us getting CP3 or DWill or DHoward. it would be a joke by then. Lebron and Melo were both SUPPOSED to come here, but didn't....

get real dude, Melo and Amar'e teaming up with the chance to add more good/great players (DWill already said he would wanna join them here) gives us a MUCH better chance than Amar'e plus Gallo/Chandler/Felton

knicks_champ
02-21-2011, 04:53 AM
Also you people saying the Knicks front office is dumb don't know the whole story. People are saying that if we back out of the trade he would sign with the Nets because remember there is a lot of money on the table. He'll be stupid to not sign that contract.

sharqstealth
02-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Cmon let's not keep on saying Mosgov is a starter. He did start but he isn't a legit starter. Remember the Knicks 13-1 stretch? He wasn't even playing any minutes in those. Get this done now, I want this over, I'm sure we are all tired of speculating. I hope this is the news I will be reading tomorrow- "Melo to Knicks- Done Deal"

Mudvayne91
02-21-2011, 04:57 AM
Also you people saying the Knicks front office is dumb don't know the whole story. People are saying that if we back out of the trade he would sign with the Nets because remember there is a lot of money on the table. He'll be stupid to not sign that contract.

You can't teach those who are unwilling to learn.

BucktownUSA
02-21-2011, 04:57 AM
blah blah blah these melo talks are boring now

jetsfan28
02-21-2011, 04:58 AM

if we miss out on Melo now, do u really think we can win a championship with Amar'e, Felton, Gallo, and Chandler?

get real dude, Melo and Amar'e teaming up with the chance to add more good/great players (DWill already said he would wanna join them here) gives us a MUCH better chance than Amar'e plus Gallo/Chandler/Felton

Do you really think there will be no other free agents ever? The Knicks still have cap room. And they have more of a shot at winning with Gasol (example of a free agent), Gallo, Felton, Mozgov, and maybe even Chandler depending on the new CBA and how much they need to pay to get an RFA, than they do with Melo, Billups, and a whole load of crap. You can't win a title with two great players and nothing around them, it's been proven repeatedly. Hell, the post you couldn't disagree with more named two instances with these exact two players.

Think of it this way, with this trade, the Knicks would have a worse SF than LeBron in Melo, about a wash at PF, as bad of a center, and Wade Chalmers is much better than Fields and Billups, while they also have a better bench, and the Knicks wouldn't have the picks or young talent to improve those role players in the future. The Knicks would be more or less stuck with this team, and this team isn't good enough to win.

tredigs
02-21-2011, 04:59 AM
So in this scenario, the Knicks starting lineup goes from:

PG: Felton
SG: Fields
SF: Gallo
PF: Amare
C: Mozgov

6th man/starter: Wilson Chandler

To it now being:

PG: 34 yr old Billups
SG: Landry Fields
SF: Melo
PF: Amare
C: Shelden Williams/Turiaf

6th man: Toney Douglas.

I'm not sure that team is any better than the original. They're still going to get abused by any team with half decent bigs in the post, and it's not ready to sniff actual contention. They're going to have to hope to land a marquee PG to replace Billups in 2 years, and somehow sign an elite defensive big in the process.

That said, the core as it is now is a .500 team that will not make noise in the playoffs, and it makes them more entertaining if this trade goes through. They're going to be a great offensive team.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 05:01 AM

Ill tell you somethin.

If i had been a Nba star and lets say Sixers,Mavs or Wolves Drafted me ( i wodul have been eligible 94-97 and those where the "bad teams " with high picks then) you can be sure that after 7 years and ahving earned already around 100 million dollars i would not reject a 100 million dollars from lakers to earn 120 on clippers.
As a matter of fact having alredy won so much i woudl have even signed a mle 3 years with the lakers and then after it sign the max.

If melo REALLY wants to play for Knicks he is not going to back out for 20 millions knowing he already made 100 and he will make another 100 ( and that not counting with the Sponsorship deals he will get in teh big apple)

abe_froman

all next season we'll keep hearing about us getting CP3 or DWill or DHoward. it would be a joke by then. Lebron and Melo were both SUPPOSED to come here, but didn't....

its not just about that.many are acting like he will be the last player ever traded.even with amare and melo it doesnt guarantee you championship.just having those two doesnt mean other teams in the east will be gone.i'm all for you guys doing the deal but its not as great(or as worse)as ny fans are making it out to be(you guys seem split,but overreacting on whatever side your taking on deal or no)

as long as mike is your coach you arent winning anything no matter what line up you put out there

bklynny67
Do you really think there will be no other free agents ever? The Knicks still have cap room. And they have more of a shot at winning with Gasol (example of a free agent), Gallo, Felton, Mozgov, and maybe even Chandler depending on the new CBA, than they do with Melo, Billups, and a whole load of crap. You can't win a title with two great players and nothing around them, it's been proven repeatedly. Hell, the post you couldn't disagree with more named two instances with these exact two players.

thats doesnt prove anything. only 1 team wins each year. you can look back in history and fines tons of teams that had 2 stars and didnt win, and tons of teams that had 2 stars and won. point is, we have a better chance with Amar'e and Melo and still be able to add more great players.

jetsfan28
02-21-2011, 05:02 AM
The worst part of this is that it screams Isiah Thomas and James Dolan, which is what has plagued the Knicks for a decade while them being out has finally let them improve.

thats doesnt prove anything. only 1 team wins each year. you can look back in history and fines tons of teams that had 2 stars and didnt win, and tons of teams that had 2 stars and won. point is, we have a better chance with Amar'e and Melo and still be able to add more great players.

OK, let's look at those 1 teams that have won this decade

The Lakers: Kobe and Gasol is at least as good as Melo and Amare, probably better. Odom is better than any 3rd guy the Knicks have. Bynum is better than any 4th. Artest is better than any 5th. Brown is better than any 6th.

The Celtics: Had 3 superstars, not 2. And even that wouldn't have been enough, but they KEPT THEIR YOUNG TALENT. They don't win without Rajon Rondo.

The Spurs: Again, had a big 3. And again, they're good thanks to keeping young talent. They wouldn't be where they are right now without guys like Hill and Splitter, and they kept Parker when some felt they should get a more experienced PG.

The Pistons: Won by having a well rounded roster filled with strong players, their deep rotation is what won it for them.

The Heat: The only team that has won it with a team even close to what the Knicks would have, but they probably had more depth than this team would have and they still needed to be handed the series by the refs.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Do you really think there will be no other free agents ever? The Knicks still have cap room. And they have more of a shot at winning with Gasol (example of a free agent), Gallo, Felton, Mozgov, and maybe even Chandler depending on the new CBA and how much they need to pay to get an RFA, than they do with Melo, Billups, and a whole load of crap. You can't win a title with two great players and nothing around them, it's been proven repeatedly. Hell, the post you couldn't disagree with more named two instances with these exact two players.

Think of it this way, with this trade, the Knicks would have a worse SF than LeBron in Melo, about a wash at PF, as bad of a center, and Wade Chalmers is much better than Fields and Billups, while they also have a better bench, and the Knicks wouldn't have the picks or young talent to improve those role players in the future. The Knicks would be more or less stuck with this team, and this team isn't good enough to win.

Oh you can win with TWO dudes and crap around.

providing BOTH are top 5 players.
Jordan-Pippen-
magic-kareem in 1980
Kobe and Shaq.

But well nor melo nor stou are top 5 ......so

knicks_champ
02-21-2011, 05:03 AM
Do you really think there will be no other free agents ever? The Knicks still have cap room. And they have more of a shot at winning with Gasol (example of a free agent), Gallo, Felton, Mozgov, and maybe even Chandler depending on the new CBA, than they do with Melo, Billups, and a whole load of crap. You can't win a title with two great players and nothing around them, it's been proven repeatedly. Hell, the post you couldn't disagree with more named two instances with these exact two players.

Gasol is a long shot to get because his team really wants him back. Plus he is a Restricted FA so they will probably match any offer he gets. But remember, we will still have some cap this offseason if we decline Billups option year, I read it can be around 10- 17 million. But it all depends on the new CBA.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Gasol is a long shot to get because his team really wants him back. Plus he is a Restricted FA so they will probably match any offer he gets. But remember, we will still have some cap this offseason if we decline Billups option year, I read it can be around 10- 17 million. But it all depends on the new CBA.

Gasol is on the brinck of going out and say he DOES not want to stay in memphis.

They may need to sign and trade him this summer.

knicks_champ
02-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Ill tell you somethin.

If i had been a Nba star and lets say Sixers,Mavs or Wolves Drafted me ( i wodul have been eligible 94-97 and those where the "bad teams " with high picks then) you can be sure that after 7 years and ahving earned already around 100 million dollars i would not reject a 100 million dollars from lakers to earn 120 on clippers.
As a matter of fact having alredy won so much i woudl have even signed a mle 3 years with the lakers and then after it sign the max.

If melo REALLY wants to play for Knicks he is not going to back out for 20 millions knowing he already made 100 and he will make another 100 ( and that not counting with the Sponsorship deals he will get in teh big apple)

I know what your saying. But c'mon you have to understand if he goes to the FA he would stand to lose millions. You can say he will make it up, but wouldn't you rather have the money right now here than later on.

jetsfan28
02-21-2011, 05:09 AM

If not Gasol, there's Jordan (Sterling is cheap), Perkins, and others. That's the point, making this trade takes away flexibility, right now they have that.

JNA17
Here's how i look at it.

This year, the team will either be a little worse or a little better. There not going to contend this year even with the trade for melo but i don't think they are exactly looking to win "this year". Once Billups's contract expires in 2012 (along with other contracts, etc.) Big time free agents like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, etc. Will be available then and the knicks will have a chance at signing one of them to form there own big three along with hopefully signing some solid role players and keeping Fields.

Potential 2012 Lineup:
PG: Chris Paul or Deron Williams
SG: Landry Fields (if he continues to play as well as he is right now along with getting better as he grows, he could be a crucial piece to a contending knicks team)
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: FA or Draft

Again, we will never know how things would turn out later in 2012 (if were still alive hahaha), but if Knicks play there cards right, and don't worry so much about winning THIS YEAR, they could be really scary in the 2012-2013 season.

knicks_champ
Gasol is on the brinck of going out and say he DOES not want to stay in memphis.

Yeah but he is a RFA so the Memphis still have the right to retain him to make him change his mind.

knicks_champ
02-21-2011, 05:14 AM
If not Gasol, there's Jordan (Sterling is cheap), Perkins, and others. That's the point, making this trade takes away flexibility, right now they have that.

Perkins can't run in this system look at Eddy Curry. Plus we still have CAP with this trade. Billups contract is only guaranteed this year with a option for next year. That's about 15 mill off the CAP. Will can divide that CAP into our needs.

LA_Raiders
02-21-2011, 05:16 AM
NY is getting rapped, but in 2-3yrs they should be title contenders for sure...

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Yeah but he is a RFA so the Memphis still have the right to retain him to make him change his mind.

Well he can always use the , if you try to match im fying back to europe card.

Beleive me if he goes public saying he wants out they will have to sign and trade him.
He can always say no to offers, sign the qualifying year and become a UNRESTRICTED Fa the next year.
he holds the cards.

It all deepends on Z randolph, if memphis keeps zach marc will want out.

tredigs
02-21-2011, 05:18 AM

Jordan-Pippen-
magic-kareem in 1980
Kobe and Shaq.

Haha WHAT? For one, Jamaal Wilkes and Norm Nixon were both extremely solid players playing in their max-prime along with Magic and Kareem (who was still near his full prime, and probably still the top center in the league).

Jordan and Pippen had 5+ years of team continuity to grow together, along with a great PF in either Grant or Rodman - especially Rodman - we're talking about the best rebounder of all time, and one of the greatest defensive players of that era. "Crap". Kidding me here?

Shaq and Kobe were thin outside of those two, but when you have the most dominant player of all time in his max-prime along with an insanely capable player in Kobe, that is enough.

That said, Amare and 'Melo are both not even the best at their own position, and both struggle defensively. It's not a solid combo for a championship caliber team, and I'm actually not too sure how well they'd even play together. Can't imagine they'd have much synergy.

bklynny67
02-21-2011, 05:24 AM
Here's how i look at it.

This year, the team will either be a little worse or a little better. There not going to contend this year even with the trade for melo but i don't think they are exactly looking to win "this year". Once Billups's contract expires in 2012 (along with other contracts, etc.) Big time free agents like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, etc. Will be available then and the knicks will have a chance at signing one of them to form there own big three along with hopefully signing some solid role players and keeping Fields.

Potential 2012 Lineup:
PG: Chris Paul or Deron Williams
SG: Landry Fields (if he continues to play as well as he is right now along with getting better as he grows, he could be a crucial piece to a contending knicks team)
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: FA or Draft

Again, we will never know how things would turn out later in 2012 (if were still alive hahaha), but if Knicks play there cards right, and don't worry so much about winning THIS YEAR, they could be really scary in the 2012-2013 season.

this is basically what i've been trying to say.. Jetsfan just wont listen.

if we give up the talent now to pair Melo with Amar'e, OTHERS WILL CONTINUE TO COME PLAY FOR THE KNICKS! DERON WILLIAMS ALREADY SAID THATS WHAT HE WANTS TO DO!

it wont just be Melo, Amar'e and a bunch of crap. it could end up being Melo, Amar'e, DWill or CP3, Fields, plus other role players that we could add over the next couple seasons.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Haha WHAT? For one, Jamaal Wilkes and Norm Nixon were both extremely solid players playing in their max-prime along with Magic and Kareem (who was still near his full prime, and probably still the top center in the league).

Jordan and Pippen had 5+ years of team continuity to grow together, along with a great PF in either Grant or Rodman - especially Rodman - we're talking about the best rebounder of all time, and one of the greatest defensive players of that era. "Crap". Kidding me here?

Shaq and Kobe were thin outside of those two, but when you have the most dominant player of all time in his max-prime along with an insanely capable player in Kobe, that is enough.

That said, Amare and 'Melo are both not even the best at their own position, and both struggle defensively. It's not a solid combo for a championship caliber team, and I'm actually not too sure how well they'd even play together. Can't imagine they'd have much synergy.
billups+melo+ stou would have the same chance to win that boston woudl ahve had if they traded for Pau instead of Kg.
as a matter of fact i woudl say allen, pierce and pau would have had a bit mor of a chance since at least they simulate that they try to deffend.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 05:30 AM

Jordan-Pippen-
magic-kareem in 1980
Kobe and Shaq.

:confused: all those duo's had good/great supporting casts.it was just those two and crap...thats something thats lost on most fans.supporting casts do matter

tredigs
02-21-2011, 05:31 AM
billups+melo+ stou would have the same chance to win that boston woudl ahve had if they traded for Pau instead of Kg.
as a matter of fact i woudl say allen, pierce and pau would have had a bit mor of a chance since at least they simulate that they try to deffend.

Well that, and you're forgetting the fact that Boston has Rondo. They'd still have had a very small chance to win with Pau in place of KG (he was the general in the transformation of their defense), but yes - far more than Billups/Melo/Stat. Even with Cp3, that is probably not a top 3 contender in the East. Just way too weak defensively for playoff basketball.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 05:31 AM
:confused: all those duo's have good/great supporting casts

yes but not in the SUPERSTARRY way.

JNA17
02-21-2011, 05:33 AM

Sounds like a new flavor for a fruit.

tredigs
02-21-2011, 05:34 AM

If you think Bosh is even remotely as important a championship piece to play alongside a high scoring SG/SF combo as Rodman was to those two, you are wildly mistaken 'Croon. The Bulls cast was built far better than what Miami has. FAR better. Not to mention, many years of growth together.

edit: Synergy/defense is what you want around your two great playes; ESPECIALLY if those two players suck defensively (at which point, you're already doomed from a contending standpoint).

And I know you didn't bring up the Heat, but it's the elephant in your posts.

hyb152
02-21-2011, 05:36 AM
Poor felton. He's been part of the reemergence of the knicks, but is getting traded to a rebuilding team just because carmelo's a little prick that wouldn't play for the nets. Carmelo wanted to be in new york... they found a way to get him to new york... but now he wants it to be perfect for him so he has to be traded to the new york knicks. He's a selfish little prick for this. I'm not hating on melo, I'm just hating on the antics he's pulling here.

tredigs
02-21-2011, 05:40 AM
Poor felton. He's been part of the reemergence of the knicks, but is getting traded to a rebuilding team just because carmelo's a little prick that wouldn't play for the nets. Carmelo wanted to be in new york... they found a way to get him to new york... but now he wants it to be perfect for him so he has to be traded to the new york knicks. He's a selfish little prick for this. I'm not hating on melo, I'm just hating on the antics he's pulling here.

He's a prick for wanting to spend the prime of his career on the team of his choice? Are you kidding me with this? It's not his fault the Denver organization is demanding so much for the two of them and prolonging this thing to the last moment.

shep33
02-21-2011, 05:41 AM
Kinda feel bad for Felton here.

tredigs
02-21-2011, 05:46 AM
In other news, this trade means one more western conference playoff spot will be opening up. Denver's going to be a bottom 10 team in the league by this time next week - should only take a week or two for them to fall out. And with Memphis losing Rudy Gay for a month and the Warriors ballin' lately, I actually like their chances for that 8 seed.

sharqstealth
02-21-2011, 05:46 AM
[QUOTE=jetsfan28;16808472]Do you really think there will be no other free agents ever? The Knicks still have cap room. And they have more of a shot at winning with Gasol (example of a free agent), Gallo, Felton, Mozgov, and maybe even Chandler depending on the new CBA and how much they need to pay to get an RFA, than they do with Melo, Billups, and a whole load of crap. You can't win a title with two great players and nothing around them, it's been proven repeatedly. Hell, the post you couldn't disagree with more named two instances with these exact two players.

Lol. You really think the Knicks can win a title with this lineup??? Are you fooling the Celtics, Heat, Lakers, Spurs? We won't even win a series against them! The thing is we need Melo as our 2nd superstar to get a third! And what are the chances of us getting someone really good from free agency? Don't we have a better chance of getting our 2nd superstar right now than wait for free agency? Right now we're just bidding against the Nets, if we wait for free agency we'll be bidding against the likes of the Bulls, Lakers, Magic, Mavs, which could be more of an attractive destination because of what they already have.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 05:51 AM
In other news, this trade means one more western conference playoff spot will be opening up. Denver's going to be a bottom 10 team in the league by this time next week. With Memphis losing Rudy Gay for a month and the Warriors ballin' lately, I actually like their chances for that 8 seed.

think phx might have a shot to

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 05:53 AM
if we wait for free agency we'll be bidding against the likes of the Bulls, Lakers, Magic, Mavs, which could be more of an attractive destination because of what they already have.

none of those teams have the capspace required,even waiting til free agency your only real competition will be nj

Wade>You
02-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Don't the Knicks only have $7mil in cap space? Barring a trade by NY to move some contracts, I'd like to see if Melo would accept that much for 3 seasons before he can opt out and re-up for more money.

abe_froman
02-21-2011, 05:55 AM
Don't the Knicks only have $7mil in cap space? Barring a trade by NY to move some contracts, I'd like to see if Melo would accept that much for 3 seasons before he can opt out and re-up for more money.

they have eddy curry's massive expiring coming off the books in july as well as a few other players like wilson chandler,they'll have the space then

Wade>You
02-21-2011, 06:01 AM
they have eddy curry's massive expiring coming off the books in july as well as a few other players like wilson chandler,they'll have the space thenAh ok. I went by Hoopshype's 2011 Knicks salary (which accounts for Curry's contract, but also factors Chandler's qualifying offer as part of their salary).

So about $10mil to work with and they lose Chandler.

I still think that the ball is in Denver's court and either way Melo or the Knicks will have to sacrifice something.

Run&Gun
02-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Is it even possible for CP3 or Deron to sign with NY?
Ama're's going to be making 18 million next year and Melo seems like he'll be making around 20 million if his deal is 3 years 65 million on a 10% increase. So how would it be possible to sign CP3 or Deron when they should have a contract around 14 million? Just doesn't seem like it would work unless the salary cap is not lowered significantly and player salaries drop like a rock under then new CBA. Think NY should forget about a big 3, and get a bench and a defensive 1 and 5 to make up for Melo and Amare's bad on ball defense.

ElMarroAfamado
02-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Great Moves for the Knicks and this makes them way better than they would be without the trade...in their game against the Clippers they showed me they were ok but not good enough to go deep....

If this happens they are easily better than The Heat and will be among the elite.

bklynny67
02-21-2011, 06:48 AM

TheDiggler
02-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Shelden Williams has trade-value ? :laugh:

Badluck33
02-21-2011, 07:40 AM
Wow. Knicks giving up too much for Melo.

Dankster
02-21-2011, 08:10 AM
I agree, I hope they flip Felton to another team. Ty needs the minutes.

I totally agree with you. I find it baffling that Denver wants to include a Billups-Felton swap. I'd feel awful for not just Ty but also Raymond if they had to split minutes in the backcourt- it won't be beneficial to either guy i believe. And i've seen a good amount of Ty this year- he seems like he's ready for the next step as far as being the PG to run a team for 35+ min per game. His explosiveness is amazing- only guy i see with comparable speed to Ty is John Wall...It would make more sense that they would use Ray as a piece for another trade, whether it be before the deadline or in the offseason.

The Jokemaker
02-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Good deal for the Knicks. They get their 2nd "star" for the team and they'll have Fields still and adding Billups. That's a pretty good starting four. I think Walsh will be able to find some quality talent to fill in the rest of the pieces. Not to mention NY will be an attractive spot for veteran FA's this upcoming season.

AIRMAR72
02-21-2011, 08:20 AM

well said.. i agree 100%

AIRMAR72
02-21-2011, 08:35 AM
wow da knicks management out of there minds they giving away too much for melo(hes not worth it) and trading felton is wrong idea the man is the reason why knicks along with amare are playing better they need TO keep da players that have now and do a better job AT scouting they did a rebounding defensive mind player C or SF not another HIGH volume shooter

BALLER R
02-21-2011, 08:36 AM
this only makes sense if they know for sure that paul will be in new york in 2012 then gutting their roster will be worth it

sintaks12
02-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Speculation. Period. The more likely scenario is Gasol and Chandler stay with their respective teams... and aside from them, this year's FA class is somewhat weak. This trade should go down and NY can figure out the filler later. And no, NY won't have 2 top 5 players... but they'll have 2 top 10 players and a PG who's still balling and has multiple rings. I think that core is fine IMO.

Kenny
02-21-2011, 08:47 AM
this only makes sense if they know for sure that paul will be in new york in 2012 then gutting their roster will be worth it

If they have the cap space Chris Paul I think is all but a lock at this point.

Teeboy1487
02-21-2011, 08:56 AM
The Knicks are giving up too much imo. They ought to just wait for FA this summer especially with the uncertainty of the cap. They might be stuck with this roster and can't improve it.

Slimsim
02-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Denver make out like bandits. Hopefully Chandler takes less money as a FA and come back to NY

Slimsim
02-21-2011, 09:34 AM
Wow. Knicks giving up too much for Melo.

Denver make out like bandits. But the Knicks can't afford to lose out on another star i guess

The Jokemaker
02-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Now let's not get comical here. I don't think Gasol is on the BRINK of doing anything of the sort. He isn't Pau. He'll be in Memphis next season although Zbo probably won't be.

Oh and folks, Memphis is playing very well lately so its not like they're in contention for the #1 overall pick. Marc has no reason to want to leave.

nycericanguy
02-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Well reports are NY is NOT including Mosgov and they are also getting a first from MIN via UTAH. If thats the case then this deal is good for NY. They already have their own pick this season which should be around 18-20, and no UTAH's which should be around 22. NY has been one of the better drafting teams (outside of the lottery) so they should be able to pick up two more cheap, young quality players.

obcha22
02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
This might finally be over... But that sucks, giving up Mozgov also? I was hoping we'd keep him.

But honestly, I just want this to end seriously

This whole trade sucks. 4 out of 5 starters for one player. I am beyond pissed. Chandler, Felton, Curry and a pick was what we should have stood on. We just gave up everything that was built over the last three years. Who plays with Stat and Melo now?

HOZ THE KNICK
02-21-2011, 10:05 AM
knicks got raped in this deal they should of had waited this out but melo and the knicks have no patience.

Heater4life
02-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Also remember Knicks fans, if the Knicks felt inclined to buyout Billups they could possibly leave themselves +11million dollars over the cap this season. If done quickly enough, it allows them to make some other moves to add depth before the deadline.

Thats the way i see it anyway.

SteBO
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Also remember Knicks fans, if the Knicks felt inclined to buyout Billups they could possibly leave themselves +11million dollars over the cap this season. If done quickly enough, it allows them to make some other moves to add depth before the deadline.

Thats the way i see it anyway.
But then they'd be left with Toney Douglas as their PG. I wouldn't be surprised if NY keeps Chauncey and lets him expire, but who knows at this point.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
now all they need for success is a good Defensive coac. not knockin Dantoni or anything but im pretty sure this team would be a *** load better if they played D

SteBO
02-21-2011, 10:13 AM
now all they need for success is a good Defensive coac. not knockin Dantoni or anything but im pretty sure this team would be a *** load better if they played D
I call him D'anfony.

Heater4life
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
But then they'd be left with Toney Douglas as their PG. I wouldn't be surprised if NY keeps Chauncey and lets him expire, but who knows at this point.

Not if Anthony Carter is also included in the deal. (although he's nothing special, but then again we thought the same thing of R.Felton before he got into the right system)

Point is its an option for the Knicks, they can aquire guys rumored to be on the block, like Aaron Brooks, Courtney Lee, Troy Murphy (post his buyout).

lvlheaded
02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I know some people are saying the Knicks over paid but they really may not be.

Melo>Gallo
Billups=Felton

Really the only extra value the Nuggets are getting is Chandler, but they are giving up a superstar so they kinda have to get extra value. We still dont know for sure if Mozgov is in this trade and Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph dont see the light of day in NY. The Knicks get back Shelden Williams, who is a solid defensive PF to spell Amar'e and Aaron Carter who can spell Billups when he needs it.

In reality, this trade is quite fair. The only question is, is Mozgov gonna be included?

SteBO
02-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Melo>Gallo
Billups=Felton

Really the only extra value the Nuggets are getting is Chandler, but they are giving up a superstar so they kinda have to get extra value. We still dont know for sure if Mozgov is in this trade and Eddy Curry and Anthony Randolph dont see the light of day in NY. The Knicks get back Shelden Williams, who is a solid defensive PF to spell Amar'e and Aaron Carter who can spell Billups when he needs it.

In reality, this trade is quite fair. The only question is, is Mozgov gonna be included?
I don't think Mozgov is included. ESPN reports say that the Knicks aren't going to up the offer anymore than they have already, which is a good thing. DEN is getting a little too greedy for my liking. They're going to be a pain to deal with in the future.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM

Melo>Gallo
Billups=Felton

Is felton worth 28 games + playoffs with Billups though? I'm not sure of the contract Felton has, but I'm sure its past this year. Plus Billups is one of the last PG's you want to have in a D'Antoni system period.

Weezy
02-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I call him D'anfony.

Us Knicks fans call him Mr. Pringles.

http://blog.cleveland.com/andone/2009/03/new_logo_red_mr_Pringles.jpg

blahblahyoutoo
02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
HAHAHA, gg knicks. you lose.

blahblahyoutoo
02-21-2011, 11:52 AM

on what salary?
amare and anthony are taking up $45M of what, $60M cap space?
add another $15M player and you have a team of 3.

you knicks fans are delusion.

Sly Guy
02-21-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't know why the NYK would make this deal. They're giving up too much for a guy who's already shown a lot of interest in joining them thru FA.

fadedmario
02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
It's rape - but at least it's almost over...

oak2455
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
on what salary?
amare and anthony are taking up $45M of what, $60M cap space?
add another $15M player and you have a team of 3.

you knicks fans are delusion.

panties in a bundle this morning:confused: why all the hatred:confused:

Create
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Good deal for both teams think about this,

This is a better deal than the Nets IMO.

All the Nets were giving is Devin Harris ( Average point guard a lil above average) Derrick Favors ( hasn't done anything yet) and four 1st rounders but that doesn't mean all of them will turn out good.

Nuggets are getting this from the Knicks.

Gallo ( Good role player) Felton ( Really good PG, sad 2 see him go) Wilson Chandler ( Really good role player) Mosgov ( Did good against pistons )

I like that trade better than Nets.

blahblahyoutoo
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM

then call him on his bluff.
if he does, then i hope he's happy being a lottery team for the next 3 years.

oak2455
02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
then call him on his bluff.
if he does, then i hope he's happy being a lottery team for the next 3 years.

I agree with you but no one know wtf hes doing:mad:

rufo4100
02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
IF i was NY I'd tell them today or the offer is off the table. Denver has ballz...but it looks like its gonna work for Denver either way.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Us Knicks fans call him Mr. Pringles.

http://blog.cleveland.com/andone/2009/03/new_logo_red_mr_Pringles.jpg

no wonder why he looked so familiar first time i saw him coach. lol

but yeah, if he could incorporate some defensive strategies into Amare's and Melo's head then (as a Celtic fan) ill be concerned with the Knicks.

im already worried about 2012 and beyond. the atlantic division standing will look a lil different than this year ;)

Madtown22
02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
looking forward to hearing about all the other deadline trades.

Madtown22
02-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Good deal for both teams think about this,

This is a better deal than the Nets IMO.

All the Nets were giving is Devin Harris ( Average point guard a lil above average) Derrick Favors ( hasn't done anything yet) and four 1st rounders but that doesn't mean all of them will turn out good.

Nuggets are getting this from the Knicks.

Gallo ( Good role player) Felton ( Really good PG, sad 2 see him go) Wilson Chandler ( Really good role player) Mosgov ( Did good against pistons )

I like that trade better than Nets.

Could be an animal in this league! :lift:

blahblahyoutoo
02-21-2011, 12:11 PM
panties in a bundle this morning:confused: why all the hatred:confused:

you think this is a good deal for the knicks?
you think they can sign another star player after melo's salary AND have room for 2 more quality starters and a decent bench?

SteBO
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't know why the NYK would make this deal. They're giving up too much for a guy who's already shown a lot of interest in joining them thru FA.
FA is a huge gamble. Who knows what else could happen between now and then.

nolafan33
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
lmao at the Knicks giving up their entire team.

teddygreen17
02-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I worry about the cap after its all said and done.
All this for a player that does not play defense. Mozgov is gone and we really dont have any rebounding. So, the Knicks are now a very pretty girl that you still can't marry. I am not looking to just go into the playoffs, we were doing that before. I want to win a championship. Donnie better have a few more tricks up his sleeve after this deal or we get bounced out the playoffs the next 3 years with no cap room.

oak2455
02-21-2011, 12:17 PM

entire team come on man, do watch the NBA or is it the WNBA:confused: Curry hasnt played since cant remember, ARandolph doesnt play at all, so what are they really giving up for Melo???

oak2455
02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
you think this is a good deal for the knicks?
you think they can sign another star player after melo's salary AND have room for 2 more quality starters and a decent bench?

I would do the deal w/o Mozzy:)

hovyboo
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM

calm down buddy... CP3 is next..... and since we gave up the whole barn for Melo expect an offer of Billups and whoever we select 1st round this year....

;) if anything you should be angry broski

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2011, 12:20 PM
:pray: please be over.

bofakop
02-21-2011, 12:23 PM
entire team come on man, do watch the NBA or is it the WNBA:confused: Curry hasnt played since cant remember, ARandolph doesnt play at all, so what are they really giving up for Melo???

Are you for real.... did you forget about .. Gallo,Chandler,Felton and Mozzy?????.... that is the whole team!!! not to mention to other ASSETs that could be used to trade a!!

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Gentlemen lets stop getting ahead of ourselves here.

The new CBA will put the Kabosh on the big 3 formula and it will be a serious hinder to teams like the Heat.

The Big 3 formula was successful once. In 2008 when the Celtics won it all. It wont work in the future because, like the Heat will prove in the playoffs, you need a supporting cast. The Heat, no matter how much the fanbase wants it to be so, doesnt have the talent depth or height on the bench to match LA or BOS. Now Miller might be a concussion waiting to happen everytime he steps on the court.

The Knicks dont need to follow the Big 3 formula. Ive stated this countless times. Get 2 stars and build a cast with the money you would waste on a third.

If the Heat, who have absolutely no use for Bosh, were just Wade and James and a solid cast they would be the best team in the game right now. They should have used Bosh's money to fillout thier bench with quality and depth.

There bench is full of has beens, never was'es and unfullfilled potential players. Outside of the 3 Haslem and Miller are the only quality players. Haslem is coming off injury and the minute the rest of the players figure it out Miller will get way more elbows to the head. If it takes a good elbow to the head to knock out their best shooter then look for others to do it too.

The Knicks dont need Paul or Williams if we get Melo. The need to use the extra money on a defensive center and good athletic defensive minded players to fill out the bench.

You dont need a star pg to win it all. This had been displayed countless times over the years.

BJ, Paxson,Fisher, Avery etc. Grab Melo and fill out the team behind him and Amar'e. To hell with the Big 3 concept.

A big 2 with a quality cast will beat a big 3 with a bunch of bums everyday of the week and twice on sunday in a 7 game series.

camador22
02-21-2011, 12:27 PM
This appears to be finally it. Melo will be heading to the Knicks as most of us expected. While NJ had the best offer on the table it all came down to Melo being willing to sign the extension and he didn't. All along he was going to NY but now at a bigger price. Credit Denver for being patient til the end and squeezing everything they could out of the Knicks.

hovyboo
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Gentlemen lets stop getting ahead of ourselves here.

The new CBA will put the Kabosh on the big 3 formula and it will be a serious hinder to teams like the Heat.

The Big 3 formula was successful once. In 2008 when the Celtics won it all. It wont work in the future because, like the Heat will prove in the playoffs, you need a supporting cast. The Heat, no matter how much the fanbase wants it to be so, doesnt have the talent depth or height on the bench to match LA or BOS. Now Miller might be a concussion waiting to happen everytime he steps on the court.

The Knicks dont need to follow the Big 3 formula. Ive stated this countless times. Get 2 stars and build a cast with the money you would waste on a third.

If the Heat, who have absolutely no use for Bosh, were just Wade and James and a solid cast they would be the best team in the game right now. They should have used Bosh's money to fillout thier bench with quality and depth.

There bench is full of has beens, never was'es and unfullfilled potential players. Outside of the 3 Haslem and Miller are the only quality players. Haslem is coming off injury and the minute the rest of the players figure it out Miller will get way more elbows to the head. If it takes a good elbow to the head to knock out their best shooter then look for others to do it too.

The Knicks dont need Paul or Williams if we get Melo. The need to use the extra money on a defensive center and good athletic defensive minded players to fill out the bench.

You dont need a star pg to win it all. This had been displayed countless times over the years.

BJ, Paxson,Fisher, Avery etc. Grab Melo and fill out the team behind him and Amar'e. To hell with the Big 3 concept.

A big 2 with a quality cast will beat a big 3 with a bunch of bums everyday of the week and twice on sunday in a 7 game series.

I agree 100%... but the savage Knick fan will force management to go big 3.... no way knicks ownership allows a platoon of Deandre Jordan, Shan Battier and Delonte West (just a decent crew of role players i randomly picked) over CP3... i think the 3 players help win the ring better but it prolly wont happen....

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 12:33 PM
calm down buddy... CP3 is next..... and since we gave up the whole barn for Melo expect an offer of Billups and whoever we select 1st round this year....

;) if anything you should be angry broski

I still cannot stop laughing at that.

If you TRADE for Melo, there is 0 chance you can get paul. You will have nothing left. If you wait and sign him, that is a whole other story.

oak2455
02-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Are you for real.... did you forget about .. Gallo,Chandler,Felton and Mozzy?????.... that is the whole team!!! not to mention to other ASSETs that could be used to trade a!!

Gallo couldnt sign if we have Melo, Chandler same he's gone, Felton for Billups and Mozzy don't wanna trade but what are you actually giving up for Melo:confused:

hovyboo
02-21-2011, 12:36 PM

If you TRADE for Melo, there is 0 chance you can get paul. You will have nothing left. If you wait and sign him, that is a whole other story.

!. NBA owns Hornets so you know Commish stern loves the Knicks and what a good Knicks team means for the NBA

2. Paul is leaving so they will look to get something rather than nothing....

I may be wrong but I'm just under the impression that this'll happen next year

D-Will4Prez
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
**** i wanted to keep mosgov. Thats four ******* starters and 1 draft pick.

I can name 3 teams in the entire NBA that Mosgov would start for, in fact, he shouldn't even be starting on the Knicks. Turiaf has been out playing him ever since he got there. Heck, Mosgov would be lucky to even be second string on a few teams. Raymond Felton is the best player of the group and you guys are getting Billups in return for him...This deal is a hellofa lot better than some of the previous ones. Don't see what you are complaining about.

I don't mean to sound negative towards knicks fans in my post, I just think they overrate some of their players.

godolphins
02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Just make it happen already like TODAY

oak2455
02-21-2011, 12:43 PM

trade em Mike D and Zeek:eyebrow:

bofakop
02-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Gallo couldnt sign if we have Melo, Chandler same he's gone, Felton for Billups and Mozzy don't wanna trade but what are you actually giving up for Melo:confused:

You don't realize .. that if we kept SOME of the assets.. they could of been used in a sign and trade deal?? and some of them are signed through next year, so ...yes they could have been kept until then and maybe beyond!! chandler is the only 1 we would of had to let go

xxplayerxx23
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Its a start to what we are trying to do. If you bring this up look at it this way. AMare> AI (at that point) Melo> Nash. Plus we get billups. After the trade we are better. Not tittle contenders yet WIthout a big man but we are better. This iis not a bvad trade Melo is better then galo and chandler. Chandler was gone anyway.Mozgov is young. Hopefully Balkman is in the trade and we also get telifer. I have a feeling we arent done hopefully walsh looks for a big man like Pyrsbilla or Camby. Dalembert is on the market to. THis is a begging to a plan. DOnt worry this isnt a bad trade

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Its funny how people forget...

The reason you collect young assets is to make deals like this.

John Wall isnt a young asset, Blake Griffin isnt a young asset, Rose isnt a young asset, those are young studs who will be allstar players for years to come. Those are the type of young guys you dont trade.

Felton,Gallo,Chandler,Mozgov are exactly that...young assets. Assets used to trade for young studs.

And Melo is a young stud and a allstar for years to come. You trade young assets for players like that.

Felton, Mozgov, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph(who doesnt play) and Curry(who is total garbage)

for Melo (best iso player in the game) Billups (best locker room leader in the game and champion PG) Shelden Williams a big body and good rebounder, Carter a back up PG we have been needing all season or Balkman a solid defender and hustle guy. Knicks usually botch draft picks so a 2014 doesnt kill us. We can just buy another.

How is it rape? Melo is worth like 2 gallos. Billups at his age is clearly better then Felton, who i love. And has championship pedigree. And plays in almost a identical pace system so dont say he cant handle it. And a good contract situation if you consider he can clear 14 mil off your books just in time for 2012.

This is a fair deal for both teams. No rapage what so ever. The people screaming rape who arent Knicks fans just dont want to see the Knicks rise again. No matter how much you tell them its a good deal for the Knicks they will say we are ruined for years to come because thats exactly what they want to happen.

And the Knicks fans who say its a bad deal are just blinded by homerism and mancrushes and over rating their own players.

Giving up the farm...what a joke. Im giving up a few goats and a few chickens to get a young cow whos gonna give me milk for years and a old cow who when hes ready to be put out i can butcher him up and sell him to get get a new young cow.

I put my horses before the cart. Melo AMar'e and Billups are horses, the rest are just cart pieces. And I can always replace my cart pieces i cant always buy new horses.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 12:49 PM
!. NBA owns Hornets so you know Commish stern loves the Knicks and what a good Knicks team means for the NBA

I'll go ahead and just let you know right now that you are wrong. CP3 will be had for more than Billups and a guy drafted around 20. Think about what you're giving up for melo, then add quite a bit more. If you trade for Melo, there is nothing left on the roster to even have the Hornets answer the phone, not to mention lack of picks.

And Stern is not going to just give the Knicks CP3 if that was you are referring to. If Stern loves the knicks so much, explain to me the success you guys have had the last 3 decades.

xxplayerxx23
02-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Agreed. Billups will be up that year if we pick up his option which will most likely happen. We will have money for one of the two Paul or Dwill. If one wants to take less money Like what the big three in heat did then there is a chance we can get one in 2012

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Its funny how people forget...

The reason you collect young assets is to make deals like this.

John Wall isnt a young asset, Blake Griffin isnt a young asset, Rose isnt a young asset, those are young studs who will be allstar players for years to come. Those are the type of young guys you dont trade.

Felton,Gallo,Chandler,Mozgov are exactly that...young assets. Assets used to trade for young studs.

And Melo is a young stud and a allstar for years to come. You trade young assets for players like that.

Felton, Mozgov, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph(who doesnt play) and Curry(who is total garbage)

for Melo (best iso player in the game) Billups (best locker room leader in the game and champion PG) Shelden Williams a big body and good rebounder, Carter a back up PG we have been needing all season or Balkman a solid defender and hustle guy. Knicks usually botch draft picks so a 2014 doesnt kill us. We can just buy another.

How is it rape? Melo is worth like 2 gallos. Billups at his age is clearly better then Felton, who i love. And has championship pedigree. And plays in almost a identical pace system so dont say he cant handle it. And a good contract situation if you consider he can clear 14 mil off your books just in time for 2012.

This is a fair deal for both teams. No rapage what so ever. The people screaming rape who arent Knicks fans just dont want to see the Knicks rise again. No matter how much you tell them its a good deal for the Knicks they will say we are ruined for years to come because thats exactly what they want to happen.

And the Knicks fans who say its a bad deal are just blinded by homerism and mancrushes and over rating their own players.

Giving up the farm...what a joke. Im giving up a few goats and a few chickens to get a young cow whos gonna give me milk for years and a old cow who when hes ready to be put out i can butcher him up and sell him to get get a new young cow.

I put my horses before the cart. Melo AMar'e and Billups are horses, the rest are just cart pieces. And I can always replace my cart pieces i cant always buy new horses.

Its not absolute rape, but its minor rape when it doesn't even need to occur. Instead you can have the best consensual sex of your life in 4 months that will outweigh the risk of getting a minor raping now.

hovyboo
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I'll go ahead and just let you know right now that you are wrong. CP3 will be had for more than Billups and a guy drafted around 20. Think about what you're giving up for melo, then add quite a bit more. If you trade for Melo, there is nothing left on the roster to even have the Hornets answer the phone, not to mention lack of picks.

And Stern is not going to just give the Knicks CP3 if that was you are referring to. If Stern loves the knicks so much, explain to me the success you guys have had the last 3 decades.

Stern can't control if Knicks kept making playoffs and would not get solid picks during the Ewing era

Stern cant control if the Knicks were 20-30 million over the cap while having a lineup of Luc Longley, Howard Eisley and Antonio MsDyess.....

just saying we know Stern is partial to his "money making" teams... How do you explain the bulls getting Rose and the Wizards getting Wall after the Arenas fiasco

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Agreed. Billups will be up that year if we pick up his option which will most likely happen. We will have money for one of the two Paul or Dwill. If one wants to take less money Like what the big three in heat did then there is a chance we can get one in 2012

Do you forget that getting Melo and re-signing him will take up nearly all your cap space just the 2 of them plus your few role players (Melo + Amare alone will take up 37 mill in cap room, and cap will be down next year most likely). If Billups picks up his option, that is 51 mill to 3 guys, you have 0 cap space left after factoring in Turiaf, Mozgov, cap holds, etc. You make this trade now, and there is no CP3 or D-will in 2012. Knick fans need to realize this. You will have nothing to offer, and no cap room to sign anyone of any significance. The MLE may be gone as well too.

oak2455
02-21-2011, 12:59 PM
You don't realize .. that if we kept SOME of the assets.. they could of been used in a sign and trade deal?? and some of them are signed through next year, so ...yes they could have been kept until then and maybe beyond!! chandler is the only 1 we would of had to let go

actually you don't realize what are the Knicks giving up?? if Melo wasnt so hard up to go to the Knicks then Nets offer blows the Knicks away...not even close just my opinion:eyebrow:

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Stern can't control if Knicks kept making playoffs and would not get solid picks during the Ewing era

Stern cant control if the Knicks were 20-30 million over the cap while having a lineup of Luc Longley, Howard Eisley and Antonio MsDyess.....

just saying we know Stern is partial to his "money making" teams... How do you explain the bulls getting Rose and the Wizards getting Wall after the Arenas fiasco

Stern can't control those things, but he can control sending CP3 to NY??? Is that what you are saying?

Thing is, stern probably wants CP3 to stay in NO. Knicks are going to make money and draw crowds no matter who they roll out, CP3 or garbage, NO will be devasted by the lost of CP3 and will probably cause the NBA to lose money. CP3 to the knicks doesn't make the NBA any better financially for stern.

kyubi256
02-21-2011, 01:04 PM
The Hornets would deal CP3 if the deal that we give them involved...

Chauncey Billups, Kelenna Azubuike, Landry Fields, Timofey Mozgov (don't see him dealt in this deal) and we also take back a large contract in addition to CP3.

That is a good deal IMO. They get Billups, a good PG. They get Azubuike, nice expiring. They get Fields, a good player. And they get Mozgov another good talent. That is a good chunk that would be hard to turn down.

And that'd be similar to this Melo trade as Fields + Mozgov could be the Gallo + Wilson Chandler types while Billups is Felton and Azubuike is the expiring

hovyboo
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Stern can't control those things, but he can control sending CP3 to NY??? Is that what you are saying?

Thing is, stern probably wants CP3 to stay in NO. Knicks are going to make money and draw crowds no matter who they roll out, CP3 or garbage, NO will be devasted by the lost of CP3 and will probably cause the NBA to lose money. CP3 to the knicks doesn't make the NBA any better financially for stern.

All-Star game this year had the most viewers ever, 2010 free agency was a big deal, big three are big big big headlines, The Decision was a record setting television event....

With a new CBA looming and the NBA needing more and more fans you're saying another "Big 3" in NEW YORK CITY!!!! makes no difference for the NBA....

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 01:08 PM
And im tired of hearing how the nets deal is soooo much better.

The only thing they got going for them is 4 1st picks.

Harris is far from what he was and Favors hasnt shown that he isnt the second coming of Kwame. So far the kid is a bust. Picked third and he is no where even remotely close to any of the top rookie conversations.

Hes got potential....***** please!! So did Kwame, so did Ed O'bannon, so did Van Horn and Sam Bowie. They all had potential and they were all busts.

So far the verdict on Favors is hes a bust. At best hes a project and we all seen how long those can take to develop. How many years did it take Bynum to reach where he is today? 6?

todu82
02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Good to see this finally may soon be over and we can concentrate on other things happening right now in the NBA. Question is if he goes to the Knicks: How much does he improve their club?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 01:12 PM
All-Star game this year had the most viewers ever, 2010 free agency was a big deal, big three are big big big headlines, The Decision was a record setting television event....

With a new CBA looming and the NBA needing more and more fans you're saying another "Big 3" in NEW YORK CITY!!!! makes no difference for the NBA....

Do you realize the CBA is going to prevent teams from making a "Big 3"? That happening is why the NBA is losing money. Half the league sucks and the NBA is losing mass money as a whole. They are not going to create a new CBA that will benefit teams like Miami, LA, NY, the big spenders.

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 01:14 PM
And im tired of hearing how the nets deal is soooo much better.

The only thing they got going for them is 4 1st picks.

Harris is far from what he was and Favors hasnt shown that he isnt the second coming of Kwame. So far the kid is a bust. Picked third and he is no where even remotely close to any of the top rookie conversations.

Hes got potential....***** please!! So did Kwame, so did Ed O'bannon, so did Van Horn and Sam Bowie. They all had potential and they were all busts.

So far the verdict on Favors is hes a bust. At best hes a project and we all seen how long those can take to develop. How many years did it take Bynum to reach where he is today? 6?

it is.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Good to see this finally may soon be over and we can concentrate on other things happening right now in the NBA. Question is if he goes to the Knicks: How much does he improve their club?

No you are wrong, and this is the thinking of a lot of you. The question is...

How does Melo AND Billups make us better.

Its well known when the 3 ball isnt falling the knicks are dead in the water, they have no one that can create their own offense. And when that happens we go on 20-4 no scoring streaks where the game gets away from us.

When the 3ball isnt falling, clear out and give it to Melo. Melo is guaranteed offense. No more stretches of non existent offense. Now if it came to a shootout no one can outscore the KNicks.

Now if it came down to a big shot to win the game who better to take it then Mr. Big Shot? In every instance where the knicks could win a game on the last shot Felton has taken it and missed everytime.

No they dont add defense but non-scoring stretches and missing timely shots has cost the Knicks games all season.

Come playoff time who are the Knicks gonna force to run? No one. When it comes down to a halfcourt affair who better to have then one of the best halfcourt PGs and one of the best halfcourt iso players on the planet?

The Knicks need the guarateed offense to finish the season and they need the halfcourt game both players bring in the playoffs.

So BOTH players benefit the Knicks a great deal this year. What was once a clear one and out will now be a one and out MAYBE....

Melo, Amar'e and BigShot can get us into the second round. Stars drive the league and right this second we only have one, by tomorrow we could have 3.

Its that easy.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
And Melo gives us the 2 best rebounding players at their respective positions in him and Fields.

Best rebounding SF (yes he leads the league for a SF) in the game and the best rebounding SG in the game.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 01:23 PM
it is.

Agreed, because of the 4 1sts. Not the players.

Create
02-21-2011, 01:42 PM
His wife said it will take until Thursday.

jetsfan28
02-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Its a start to what we are trying to do. If you bring this up look at it this way. AMare> AI (at that point) Melo> Nash. Plus we get billups. After the trade we are better. Not tittle contenders yet WIthout a big man but we are better. This iis not a bvad trade Melo is better then galo and chandler. Chandler was gone anyway.Mozgov is young. Hopefully Balkman is in the trade and we also get telifer. I have a feeling we arent done hopefully walsh looks for a big man like Pyrsbilla or Camby. Dalembert is on the market to. THis is a begging to a plan. DOnt worry this isnt a bad trade

You're calling it a start, but when you have no assets left to improve your team after doing it, it's basically a finish. That's the difference between not being title contenders with this team and after the trade, with this team there are moves (like this, or like signing a free agent this offseason) that could be made, after the trade there's not really much that could be done.

blastmasta26
02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm not too happy with this trade. The last deal with us giving up Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Curry and a first was not ideal, but it was the most I was willing to give up. This new proposal is too much and it's probably due to Dolan's interference unfortunately.

D-Block21-Chito
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Oh my goodness you guys value your guys to high.. you are a sub par team only player you shouldn't give up is fields... The rest will fall into play in time (billups,fields,melo,amare,center) Looks like a pretty good start to me...

blastmasta26
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh my goodness you guys value your guys to high.. you are a sub par team only player you shouldn't give up is fields... The rest will fall into play in time (billups,fields,melo,amare,center) Looks like a pretty good start to me...
I mean if it was a guarantee we could get CP3 or D-Will, I'd be all for it. But with the new CBA, I don't know how much we will be able to improve.

superabound
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Can someone please explain to me why this isn't the worst move in a decade of awful moves by the Knicks front office? They are trading away half of their team for a player who will admittedly sign with them via free agency this offseason. If you wait, you have those pieces to build around Melo and Amar'e. So stupid. This trade won't make them better than Boston, Miami, or 3/4ths of the West.

Chest Rockwell
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Can someone please explain to me why this isn't the worst move in a decade of awful moves by the Knicks front office? They are trading away half of their team for a player who will admittedly sign with them via free agency this offseason. If you wait, you have those pieces to build around Melo and Amar'e. So stupid.

Because to this point Melo hasn't said he will only sign with NY. He wants that money and if he can't get it with NY he'll agree with NJ. So obviously NY has no leverage and can't just wait til FA. It's really simple, I don't know why all of you saying this is the best scenario don't understand that it's not an option.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Can someone please explain to me why this isn't the worst move in a decade of awful moves by the Knicks front office? They are trading away half of their team for a player who will admittedly sign with them via free agency this offseason. If you wait, you have those pieces to build around Melo and Amar'e. So stupid. This trade won't make them better than Boston, Miami, or 3/4ths of the West.

Yeah getting arguably the best scorer in the game and a championship PG for a bunch of potential and role players is highway robbery.

Im sure the loss of those role players will haunt us for years to come

hovyboo
02-21-2011, 02:04 PM

Thank you sir....

because

PG- Billups
SG- Fields
SF- Melo
PF- Amar'e
C- Turiaf

certainly is better than

PG- Duhon
SG- Chandler
SF- Gallinari
PF- Harrington
C- Lee

or even

PG- Stephon Maurbury
SG- Steve Francis
SF- Quentin Richardson
PF- Jared Jefferies
C Jerome James

lol be happy knick fans

superabound
02-21-2011, 02:05 PM
The Hornets would deal CP3 if the deal that we give them involved...

Chauncey Billups, Kelenna Azubuike, Landry Fields, Timofey Mozgov (don't see him dealt in this deal) and we also take back a large contract in addition to CP3.

That is a good deal IMO. They get Billups, a good PG. They get Azubuike, nice expiring. They get Fields, a good player. And they get Mozgov another good talent. That is a good chunk that would be hard to turn down.

And that'd be similar to this Melo trade as Fields + Mozgov could be the Gallo + Wilson Chandler types while Billups is Felton and Azubuike is the expiring

Billups would refuse to report, making the deal null and void, at least in the eyes of New Orleans...he has already stated he will ask to be released regardless of where he is traded.

superabound
02-21-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah getting arguably the best scorer in the game and a championship PG for a bunch of potential and role players is highway robbery.

Im sure the loss of those role players will haunt us for years to come

The best scorer in the game??
LeBron...Kobe...Durant...maybe he is forth

Anyway, I'm not questioning his worth. You are scrapping your team, and praying that you develop team chemistry and a bench this year in time for the playoffs instead of having Melo next season and the ability to actually have a bench, which Miami is proving on a nightly basis is important.

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Unbelieveable....

The Knicks havent had 2 superstars in their PRIMES in more then 30 years, since the days of Clyde and Earl the Pearl.

Now we are on the doorstep of doing just that and people are complaining about the method for which we accomplish it. Insanity.

It really speaks to the overall knowledge and just plain haterism of the modern day fan of the NBA.

The Knicks dont win for 10 years they suck, the Knicks sign a superstar and they still suck...they are making a trade for another superstar and now we're stupid and we will still suck.

Amazing the amount of hate and nonsense that goes on when the Knicks are involved.

D-Block21-Chito
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
The best scorer in the game??
LeBron...Kobe...Durant...maybe he is forth

Anyway, I'm not questioning his worth. You are scrapping your team, and praying that you develop team chemistry and a bench this year in time for the playoffs instead of having Melo next season and the ability to actually have a bench, which Miami is proving on a nightly basis is important.

I'd rather have amare than melo but that's just me.. meaning I'd have the last shot in amare's hands down low rather than a jumper by melo... no?

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Unbelieveable....

The Knicks havent had 2 superstars in their PRIMES in more then 30 years, since the days of Clyde and Earl the Pearl.

Now we are on the doorstep of doing just that and people are complaining about the method for which we accomplish it. Insanity.

It really speaks to the overall knowledge and just plain haterism of the modern day fan of the NBA.

The Knicks dont win for 10 years they suck, the Knicks sign a superstar and they still suck...they are making a trade for another superstar and now we're stupid and we will still suck.

Amazing the amount of hate and nonsense that goes on when the Knicks are involved.

King and Ewing ( pity for Kings Injury)

superabound
02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Unbelieveable....

What is speaks to is the short-sightedness of the Knicks front office that they are willing to do this. Do you really think the Knicks are going to win the title this year by adding those two guys?

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Billups would refuse to report, making the deal null and void, at least in the eyes of New Orleans...he has already stated he will ask to be released regardless of where he is traded.

Again another example of Knick hate.

Billups made that statement when it concerned NJ. He has never publicly stated otherwise.

And what genius asks for a buyout when you have Amar'e and Melo on your team playing in the World's Most Famous Arena while also playing for a team who will need a pg and will probably exercise your 14 million option.

Regardless of where hes traded? What a crock of ********. Stop twisting what he said into what you want him to say to back up your incredibly weak argument.

If you really knew what you were talking about he said he would ask for it unless he is guaranteed to have his 14 million option picked up.

Pull out the link that said he would ask for it if traded to the Knicks. Please!!

superabound
02-21-2011, 02:16 PM

Billups made that statement when it concerned NJ. He has never publicly stated otherwise.

And what genius asks for a buyout when you have Amar'e and Melo on your team playing in the World's Most Famous Arena while also playing for a team who will need a pg and will probably exercise your 14 million option.

Regardless of where hes traded? What a crock of ********. Stop twisting what he said into what you want him to say to back up your incredibly weak argument.

If you really knew what you were talking about he said he would ask for it unless he is guaranteed to have his 14 million option picked up.

Pull out the link that said he would ask for it if traded to the Knicks. Please!!

That was in regard to him going to New Orleans buddy..all your argument is "screw it, we are getting Melo regardless of the fact that we can have him for nothing in 5 months"

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:17 PM
What is speaks to is the short-sightedness of the Knicks front office that they are willing to do this. Do you really think the Knicks are going to win the title this year by adding those two guys?

Then I guess the Heat were short sighted when they blew up their roster for 3 superstars and no bench huh? ***** please!:facepalm:

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 02:18 PM
That was in regard to him going to New Orleans buddy

Ahh now you are backing up on what you originally said...

you said "ANY TEAM REGARDLESS".

superabound
02-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Then I guess the Heat were short sighted when they blew up their roster for 3 superstars and no bench huh? ***** please!:facepalm:

They signed them via free agency last time I checked the news, unless you are counting those rediculous sign-and-trade do-overs they concocted at the last second

superabound
02-21-2011, 02:20 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/08/chauncey-billups-would-seek-buyout-if-traded-by-denver-says-age/

Chi StateOfMind
02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
just get him to new york already thats where he wants to be sooooooooooooo

jim51990
02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
i hope everyone realizes melo is not that good

SteBO
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
:facepalm: You missed the point completely and you couldn't be more wrong about the team you're bashing. So you sir, deserve a :facepalm:

BallIsAll
02-21-2011, 02:33 PM

felton can be used as a trade piece and they probably talked to chauncy about coming back to denver so we would get felton for nothing.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Have you ever thought about how this whole "Melo to NY" deal affects other people's lives, mainly the little guys involved just to match salaries? So because Melo basically only wants to play in NY, now Billups has to leave his hometown team that he has said he doesn't want to leave and retire there. I'm sure Billups isn't Melo's #1 fan these days. That would be a good enough reason for me to not want to go.

flii27kiid
02-21-2011, 03:03 PM

This guy said chalmer&wade are better than billups&fields lol
Really chalmer is a better pg than billups

Knickfansince97
02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
My Girlfriend doesnt even watch basketball and she knows this is the stupidest trade in the world for the knicks. 4 out of 5 starters and your 1st rd draft pick INSANE!!!

DITKA4GOV
02-21-2011, 03:21 PM
My Essay on the trade;
I am so happy to have this trade speculation come to an end. I think it’s a fair trade. In this NBA environment of immediate satisfaction, you have to give something up to get something back… unless you wait until the off-season. My opinion is the Knicks were not going to compete for the trophy this year before or after the trade. Although I feel it is a fair trade, I am happy that the Knicks gave up what they did. Had they waited until the off-season, the Knicks next year would have been much scarier (with everyone + Melo) than Melo/Amare and a bunch of fillers. I understand the Knicks were scared by the big bad billionaire Russian and Hova sweeping in and taking Melo from them, but it appears now more than ever it was NY or bust. My thoughts on what the Knicks will be in the future resembles exactly what the 04-08 Suns were. A great team, a top 6 team in the West, but nothing more, nothing less.

Suns Era (Run N Gun)
PG Nash (MVP Multiple Times)
SG Raja Bell / Barbosa (J.Johnson 2005)
SF Marion (all-star)
PF Diaw (Recvd in Joe Johnson Trade)
C Stoudemire (all-star)
Bench – James Jones / Jalen Rose / Eric Piatowski / Brian Grant / Eddie House / Ed P.
Coach – Mike “No-D” D’antoni

Suns best record 62-20 Best Playoff Finish West Conf Finals

New Knicks Era
PG Billups
SG Fields
SF Melo
PF Stoudemire
C S. Williams
Bench – A. Carter or R. Balkman / T. Douglas / Mason jr. / Rautins / Randolph / Turiaf / B. Walker
Coach – Mike “No-D” D’antoni

Am I crazy saying that the new Knicks could resemble the old look Suns. Many will say, Melo is better than Nash which is a questionable statement. Nash was awarded MVP in the same era Kobe/Lebron/Wade and so on were all playing. Some will say the Dwill or CP3 or even Dwight are next on Ny’s agenda. The Knicks barely have a roster after the trade, how will New York pay three studs plus an effective roster of role players in the future? The CBA I assume will put a stop to that quickly.

Now all this is how I see the trade, and the future of the KNicks franchise. I think this KNicks team may break records for scoring offense, and will be a BLAST to watch on TV. The problem is all the offense doesn’t win a title without a solid defense. Coach D’antoni is known for his failures on defense just as much as he’s known for his high powered offense. I could be wrong and I can admit it. Maybe Stoudemire and Melo change there perception as sub-par defenders, and start a chain of events that transforms the soon to be Knicks into a powerhouse defense. My inclination is that most likely will not happened. I believe the knicks will be a top 6 team for years to come… just not the top team. Beat me up all you want Knicks fans, but this is only my opinion when I look at the track record of the players and system they will be playing in.

jetsfan28
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
This guy said chalmer&wade are better than billups&fields lol
Really chalmer is a better pg than billups

I didn't say they're better individually. The backcourt of Wade and Chalmers is far better than the backcourt of Fields and Billups.

Create
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
i hope everyone realizes melo is not that good

Neither is LeBron Kobe Dwight or Wade.