PDA

View Full Version : Kobe doesn't allow Carmelo to answer question about trade talks

JNA17
02-21-2011, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUJoyk7sz8c

I thought it was pretty funny. I also remember Marv Albert saying "Damn it Kobe, we could have had a big scoop here!" or something like that after the interview :laugh2:

Bruno
02-21-2011, 03:51 AM
I thought that was great.

kyubi256
02-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Kobe has been in this position before when he demanded the Lakers trade him... He knows how annoying and draining it could get...

He was just looking out for Carmelo, his friend.

And also he was trying to tell people that there is still basketball. The Trade Deadline is just a part, but the game is still going on. They need to realize it isn't the offseason, basketball is still going to play.

I thought it was a great thing what he did

xabial
02-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Lmao

kyubi256
02-21-2011, 04:00 AM
No one wants this over with as much as Carmelo IMO. Look at him, he looks physically and mentally drained out there from all of this.

He just wants it over, Kobe was smart in doing what he did.

NBA_Starter
02-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Lol

Kashmir13579
02-21-2011, 04:03 AM
HAHAHA. come back to 'Cuse, 'Melo. we need you this year.

Kobe showing 'Melo mad love.

hgtiger32
02-21-2011, 04:04 AM
yeah this was pretty funny. twitter was going nuts when Kobe stepped in because everyone thought that Melo would give a little inside scoop. But Melo did say that he's playing with the Nuggets on Tuesday, we'll see if he's correct

championships
That was a cool thing to do. You can tell Melo was thinkiing "Thank you Kobe" Did you notice the look on CPs face?.. lol

Enemey
lol Chirs paul yells out " I might know the answer"

shep33
02-21-2011, 04:05 AM
Haha good save by Kobe... well they are good friends too from what I've read and what not about their relationship during the Olympics.

Man oh man, I must've heard him get asked those questions like 40 times in the past 2 days... and that's just from what I've seen/heard. Sad to see another great player from the west go east. Haha I don't blame them though, Timmy D and Kobe have dominated the west for the past 12 years or so lol. Still I wish Melo the best, he'll end up in Nyc which will be great. Always loved his game.

lakers4sho
02-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Kobe has been in this position before when he demanded the Lakers trade him... He knows how annoying and draining it could get...

And also he was trying to tell people that there is still basketball. The Trade Deadline is just a part, but the game is still going on. They need to realize it isn't the offseason, basketball is still going to play.

:nod:

shep33
02-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Must be so dang annoying.

DoJoTheSlasher
02-21-2011, 04:32 AM
Why is everyone so sympathetic for Melo? He's the one who came out and said he wanted to get traded (and to a specific team) because he has to have 2 other superstars on his team to win.....

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 04:38 AM
Why is everyone so sympathetic for Melo? He's the one who came out and said he wanted to get traded (and to a specific team) because he has to have 2 other superstars on his team to win.....

Can you find me where did he demmand a trade and to a specific team?

He has been niceenough to tell nuggets Hey, my contract is expiring and im going to go to NY cause im from there you know? its up to you to get something for me or get nothing.

Raptors and Cavs never had that chance.

TrueFan420
02-21-2011, 04:57 AM
i thought the best part was when paul said he has a few years of eligibility left and that melo was going back to syracuse

Mcdoh
02-21-2011, 05:02 AM
why are they so eager to find out where melo play.. why can they just wait and see.. deadline is only 3-4 days away..

very nice for kobe to do that.. melo just want to have fun this allstar week..

ClipperfanKevin
02-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Kobe actually did something mature to step in and defuse the situation? Don't say this much, but good stuff kobe

kArSoN RyDaH
02-21-2011, 05:24 AM

He has been niceenough to tell nuggets Hey, my contract is expiring and im going to go to NY cause im from there you know? its up to you to get something for me or get nothing.

this

hyb152
02-21-2011, 05:39 AM

x2

hyb152
02-21-2011, 05:42 AM

He only wants to go to the knicks. There was a deal in place to send him to the nets, but melo wants it to be perfect and said he wants to go to the knicks because they have more pieces there. He can want to go to the knicks, that's fine. But be specific and say "THE KNICKS" from the very beginning. There have been talks with the nets for months and they finally get a deal in place, but melo doesn't want it. He wanted New York and almost got it. But it wasn't the knicks. He specifically said the knicks and wasted denver and new jersey's time by not saying that from the beginning. He just said new york and the nets will be in brooklyn soon.

AIRMAR72
02-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Kobe actually did something mature to step in and defuse the situation? Don't say this much, but good stuff kobe

I AGREE kobe did the rite thing

nshush
02-21-2011, 09:49 AM
LOL. I thought it was funny. I appreciate what Kobe did. Melo looked exhausted with all that. Clearly he was not having fun and his mind was not there.

CP3 looked funny though.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-21-2011, 09:50 AM

Thank you for posting that. At least that can get some **** in return

icej
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
KObe just wanted to watch a friend's back, and that was a very good thing just like what LBJ did the other day when another interviewer approached Melo and him in the bench. This are NBA co-stars so they understand each other's situation and feelings and at the end of the day they are all good friends.

Just funny though that their respective fans fight over them for just about anything every time in forums.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-21-2011, 10:25 AM
so...it means the answer would have been....ummm Lakers:shrug:

loveofthegame87
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
The media crapped on melo's all-star weekend and you could see that it affected him. Kobe and other players saw that and tried to protect him. Steve Kerr was saying that Kobe shouldn't have done that, but I thought that he would understand being a former player.

Hellcrooner
02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
He only wants to go to the knicks. There was a deal in place to send him to the nets, but melo wants it to be perfect and said he wants to go to the knicks because they have more pieces there. He can want to go to the knicks, that's fine. But be specific and say "THE KNICKS" from the very beginning. There have been talks with the nets for months and they finally get a deal in place, but melo doesn't want it. He wanted New York and almost got it. But it wasn't the knicks. He specifically said the knicks and wasted denver and new jersey's time by not saying that from the beginning. He just said new york and the nets will be in brooklyn soon.

Its not melos fault that the nuggets have acted like a bunch of douchebacks and tried to trade him to a different place than he wanted.
He has always said NO to a extension to other team not called knicks so its nuggets and nets fault if they have lost time in negotiations.
The man has served his years and is going to be free in 3 months, if i was in his situation i would ONLY sign an extension WHERE i wanted to be, point blank, he has all the right in the world to do so.

tbone2171
02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Who was that annoying black guy in the video that cuts and says, "He's not allowed to answer that question." His agent? If I was Melo I'd smack that guy.

Steelers23_06
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
good job kobe. trades can effect a player alot! look at ray last year. when you have to deal with that other stuff it messes with your shot and basketball iq. i commend kobe for looking out for melo.

the_jon
02-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Raptors and Cavs fans know why.

Wade>You
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Good job Kobe, can't let the spotlight be on another player!

Khalifa21
02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
CP3: "I might know the answer"

:laugh2: I love him so much

Avenged
02-21-2011, 01:23 PM
A trade to the Lakers is in the works, Kobe didn't want Melo to give it away yet. ;)

KingPosey
02-21-2011, 01:35 PM

No he didnt say he WOULD ONLY go to the Knicks, and refuse anyone else. He NEVER said that. He said he wouldnt sign an extension with anyone else. Why should he have to sign an extension with the Nets? That doesnt benefit him, that benefits the Nuggets and NJ. You cant make him sign a contract with a team.

I dont care for Melo either way, but its amazingly annoying that people say he is REFUSING to play somewhere, or will ONLY go to the Knicks. The Nuggets are POSs for trying to vilify him for not wanting to be forced to sign a contract with a team he didnt choose.

KingsPhillies
02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I first have to point out that I absolutely loathe Kobe Bryant...and even that is an understatement. That being said, I thought this was cool. Good for Kobe for stepping in and C-blocking Craig Sager. This was All-Star weekend, not Carmelo Trade Talk weekend. Every time Sager interviewed Carmelo this weekend, you could tell it made Melo very uncomfortable, and that he just flat-out didn't want to talk about it. He made it perfectly clear to that annoying prick that he was there to enjoy the festivities with his friends and family, but Sager kept pestering him. I'm glad someone, even if it had to be Kobe, finally put him in his place.

Create
02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
That was funny.

Chi StateOfMind
02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
that was awesome im glad at least kobe understood not today lets have fun

RedRicanoBx
02-21-2011, 02:39 PM
That was cool of Kobe !

Shkelqim
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Kobe is a smart. The TNT announcers are annoying. Melo made the mistake of saying he's going to make a decision by the end of the weekend. Melo should just shut up, when it happens let it happen...

Sly Guy
02-21-2011, 03:11 PM
much respect to kobe about this. Seriously, it's the All Star game, it's the one time of the year the players get to hang out and have fun, the press have to give it a break too.

Stuckey#3
02-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I think Melo is going to tell Conan where he is going tonight.

Stuckey#3
02-21-2011, 03:32 PM
A trade to the Lakers is in the works, Kobe didn't want Melo to give it away yet. ;)

That would be dirty... Melo, Kobe and CP3 playing for LA in 2012.

madiaz3
02-21-2011, 03:40 PM
I think Melo is going to tell Conan where he is going tonight.

Melo's gonna be on Conan tonight?

magichatnumber9
02-21-2011, 03:42 PM
The thought of anyone else having the spot light other then Kobe completely sent him to Douche mode.

Stuckey#3
02-21-2011, 03:51 PM
Melo's gonna be on Conan tonight?

Yeah 11:00 TBS

whitemamba33
02-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Good job Kobe, can't let the spotlight be on another player!

Ya...because Carmelo hasn't had the spotlight AT ALL the last few months....:rolleyes:

Don't worry man, I don't hold it against you..you are just doing what you do. Haters gunna hate. I'm more surprised that you aren't complaining about the refs lol. That's your thing.

xxcubs22xx
02-21-2011, 05:23 PM
lol if anything Kobe did THEM a favor. He's just perpetuating the hype

ZebraCity916
02-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Good. It was getting annoying listening to all those trade talks this past weekend. And I barely even got to watch any of it this weekend. It should be a about fun for everybody in the NBA. Even the announcers were having fun.

God, I hate Sager!!!! I know it's his job by ****, give it a rest sometimes.

Iron24th
02-21-2011, 06:16 PM
It was a good friendship move by Kobe,anyone would have appreciate.

six
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Kobe is having a controlling relationship with melo.

KingsMadness44
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM

well if i was Melo and wanted to go to NY and i had my choice of Knicks and Nets. Id take Knicks thats like saying you could have Kim or Khloe Kardashian

poleandreel
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
i feel bad for melo. yea he inisted he wants out of denver but the guy is doing denver a favor. he knows he probably wasnt going to resign so he wants them to at least benefit from him leaving. in essence he played out his enitre contract with them. he isnt half assing it at all. scoring 50/42/40 in one week.

He looks mentally dead. the media is making him look like the bad guy and they are beaating this **** to death. give it a ****ing rest already

The Flash
02-21-2011, 06:42 PM
i feel bad for melo. yea he inisted he wants out of denver but the guy is doing denver a favor. he knows he probably wasnt going to resign so he wants them to at least benefit from him leaving. in essence he played out his enitre contract with them. he isnt half assing it at all. scoring 50/42/40 in one week.

He looks mentally dead. the media is making him look like the bad guy and they are beaating this **** to death. give it a ****ing rest already

Ohhh poor Melo i'm so sad

THE MTL
02-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Did anyone catch how Chris Paul said he going back to Syracuse.

THE MTL
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
well if i was Melo and wanted to go to NY and i had my choice of Knicks and Nets. Id take Knicks thats like saying you could have Kim or Khloe Kardashian

Lol is funny though cause Kim Kardashian is actually the one attending Nets games cause of her boyfriend Humphries lmao!

I understand the analogy though

WizFan3
02-21-2011, 08:15 PM

couldnt agree more :)

NYY 26 to 7
02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I thought it was good of Kobe to do and very bad taste to try and ask those questions during the game. It was funny but not a funny situation let Melo enjoy the all-star game but he clearly didn't. People wanna hate on Melo but this was all a media created situation just cuz he said he wouldn't sign an extension.

Anilyzer
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Carmelo to Lakers?

carnage101
02-21-2011, 10:36 PM

i know kim is hot and everything but she's just so annoying... khloies actually the cool one, but that being said i wouldn't stick a fork in her let alone something else haha