PDA

View Full Version : Does Denver have the most annoying front office in the NBA?

NYSpirit1
02-21-2011, 02:31 AM
This isn't meant as a bashing question, it's a serious one.

They've dragged on these discussions for six months, they've passed on more trades than anybody can remember and now won't make a decision on whether to choose the Knicks or Nets offer and are actually holding up a deal because of a reserve big man (Mozgov).

It's incredible how they are so insistent on dragging this thing on until the last minute on Thursday and in the process, holding up the league and other trades being made. In the meantime, their front office has single handedly sabotaged three NBA teams play (Nuggets, Knicks, Nets) of the past month, where each team has played poorly during trade talks.

You could even make a case that the Melo trade talk hampered the Lakers into losing numerous games, a team that Denver dragged into the mix to scare the Knicks.

I'm not just saying this as a Knicks fan, it's just irritating having to hear about this everyday for the past month because Denver's front office is full of a bunch of rookies who are ********. I honestly don't think it's possible for another front office to be so indecisive.

A fitting end would for Melo to neither go to the Knicks or Nets now and then Denver gets nothing in the offseason for being so greedy. Honestly, the worst front office team I've ever seen (along with Jerry Krause's gutting of the Bulls in 98 and Cleveland's inability to surround LeBron with talent).

Rndy
02-21-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm going with Portland.

xabial
02-21-2011, 02:38 AM
I'm going with Portland.

What are you talking about. Portland makes the playoffs annually with Oden always injured, and Traded up For Brandon Roy, and LaMarcus Aldridge during two separate drafts. Denver's FO wishes it can be like Portland's. I actually think they can make the playoffs in the west without Roy. Very Deep Team.

Great FO.

rabzouz 96
02-21-2011, 02:40 AM
uuuh, yep they are. i dont see why they cant get that starplayers with expiring contracts NEVER have the same trade-worth as starplayers in the middle of their contract. what annoys me most are the threats "include this and this or were gonna send him to your rivals".

AntiG
02-21-2011, 02:40 AM
I don't know why you are saying they are "rookies" and being "********." The Denver front office realizes that Dolan is completely desperate PUBLICLY to get Melo and are trying to squeeze every last drop out of him, and will accomplish it either from NY or NJ. They are using the Nets' tremendous offer to leverage their position and goad the Knicks into giving up as much talent as possible.

Knicks' ownership are the rookies here. Dolan has repeatedly undermined every time Walsh tried to leverage their position of the fact that Melo will just sign with NY if he doesn't get traded by acting like a desperate boyfriend or girlfriend trying to keep their constantly cheating significant other. He should be like Prokhrov and say, "if Denver is trying to fleece me, **** them I don't ****ing want Melo! Talk to me only if you have a reasonable demand."

Mudvayne91
02-21-2011, 02:41 AM
I get the frustration, but they are trying to get the best offer they can. I don't fault them for that.

lakerboy
02-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Denver is ran by an heir of a billion dollar fortune. The man has never done anything in his life and is control, what do you expect?

I dunno how management of teams are, but I am guessing that Denver is one of the worst to deal with trading wise.

The best should be Memphis. No doubt :D

effen5
02-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Mods should just start a Denver thread in the Knicks forum

Flojo
02-21-2011, 03:01 AM
When its all said and done, and the Nuggets successfully suck every last drop of blood that they can from the Knicks (as it appears they will,) I doubt they'll worry about whether or not they seemed "annoying" to the league. With the CBA looming, and several teams openly desperate to land Melo, the Nuggets FO is doing exactly what you'd expect a smart FO to do. I can't fault them for that.

D1JM
02-21-2011, 03:10 AM
IMO more annoying is the new york media

I dont see why Denver front office is annoying because they just won't bend over and get screwed by a low-ball offer.

Ty Fast
02-21-2011, 03:11 AM

They've dragged on these discussions for six months, they've passed on more trades than anybody can remember and now won't make a decision on whether to choose the Knicks or Nets offer and are actually holding up a deal because of a reserve big man (Mozgov).

It's incredible how they are so insistent on dragging this thing on until the last minute on Thursday and in the process, holding up the league and other trades being made. In the meantime, their front office has single handedly sabotaged three NBA teams play (Nuggets, Knicks, Nets) of the past month, where each team has played poorly during trade talks.

You could even make a case that the Melo trade talk hampered the Lakers into losing numerous games, a team that Denver dragged into the mix to scare the Knicks.

I'm not just saying this as a Knicks fan, it's just irritating having to hear about this everyday for the past month because Denver's front office is full of a bunch of rookies who are ********. I honestly don't think it's possible for another front office to be so indecisive.

A fitting end would for Melo to neither go to the Knicks or Nets now and then Denver gets nothing in the offseason for being so greedy. Honestly, the worst front office team I've ever seen (along with Jerry Krause's gutting of the Bulls in 98 and Cleveland's inability to surround LeBron with talent).

why shouldnt they let it drag on? the offers keep getting better. they were only going to get 2 1sts from jersey, now they got offered 4. and the knicks offer keeps getting better as well. if i am denver i let it drag on till the last mins of the deadline

and another thing why the hell should they care if they sabotage the knicks or nets?

SportsAndrew25
02-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Denver wants alot back for their franchise player so of course they are gonna be like this.

Kashmir13579
02-21-2011, 03:16 AM
they didn't pass on any trades. 'Melo did. its SOOO obvious at this point. Denver is between a rock and a hard place and are trying to salvage an absolute wreckage.

PJAF
02-21-2011, 03:26 AM
I don't know about the worst but they are asking way too much for Melo from everyone and I hope it comes back and bites them. I'd love to see him stay in denver, not sign an extension then walk next year for free and Nuggets get squat.

ClipperfanKevin
02-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Melo is a top 10-15 player in the league, what's the knicks offer for him?

Rndy
02-21-2011, 05:25 AM
What are you talking about. Portland makes the playoffs annually with Oden always injured, and Traded up For Brandon Roy, and LaMarcus Aldridge during two separate drafts. Denver's FO wishes it can be like Portland's. I actually think they can make the playoffs in the west without Roy. Very Deep Team.

Great FO.

Maybe you should read the thread title? No where did I say they sucked. They're annoying and overvalue their talent. They are probably the worst team in the nba to trade with.

John Walls Era
02-21-2011, 05:29 AM
I give them props for not caving in and taking all the bad deals from the Knicks.

This deserves a: UMAD

JNA17
02-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Knicks FO or Nets FO imo.

MelanconMadness
02-21-2011, 05:49 AM
No, for 2 reasons.

Melo is the Denver franchise so to blame them for getting everything they can is ignorant

The Denver FO are all rookies, same thing happened in the winter of 08' when the Minnesota Twins appointed a new GM, and it took about 3 months, and countless, countless rumors before Johan Santana was finally traded

No one is being annoying here. Look at LeBron last year, he knew where he was going (or at least there were reports afterwards that he knew), it may have only been a few weeks of rumors, but it was literally every 5 minutes, where in this case, its not nearly as often. Maybe 1 rumor a day on average. The reason why people are pissed is because its in the middle of the season, so its tougher to ignore the process, where as baseball was getting in full swing, and there were no basketball games left during the Lebron drama

IBleedPurple
02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Denver is ran by an heir of a billion dollar fortune. The man has never done anything in his life and is control, what do you expect?

I dunno how management of teams are, but I am guessing that Denver is one of the worst to deal with trading wise.

The best should be Memphis. No doubt :D

Couldn't be more wrong. Kroenke is not the heir to any fortune, his wife is. He went to college and then started his own real estate company. He has built that (with some help later from his marriage) into owning the Nuggets, Avalanche, St. Louis Rams, 2 stadiums, and a chunk of the Euro soccer team Arsenal. Most could only dream to accomplish that much.

This is just emotion at play. If Melo was clear about his intentions, the Nets didn't leak trade proposals to the media, and every sports writer needing to get hits on their website didn't make up a new story every couple hours........then we wouldn't have all of this hate.

icej
02-21-2011, 10:23 AM

As a NYK fan I understand your sentiments, for the toil of waiting for results, but for the Nuggets point of view they are just making the best of their future (which they know is not good considering this trade). Lets just give them some more patience, anyway this would be over very soon.

Let's just hope everyone got what they wanted.

Dankster
02-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm a die hard knicks fan and i can honestly say that Denvers FO isn't being annoying. Granted, they're very inexperienced, but i always like to put the shoe on the other foot in scenarios like this---If Patrick in his prime (say around 1990-92) demanded a trade out of NY I would expect our FO to do their due diligence in making sure we get something comparable back in talent.

The only thing that's bothersome about Denver's FO is them constantly changing the dynamics of which players they want involved. If they want half of the knicks roster, they should've made their intentions known from the very beginning as to avoid a lot of this procrastination and media frenzy thats built up....

Flash3
02-21-2011, 10:33 AM
it's annoying to you cause their not forking mello over to you, get over it over it dude.

ragee
02-21-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm going with Portland.

Huh? Care to elaborate?

With regards to Denver's front office? Annoying? If you are a Knicks fan, then maybe they are annoying... However, I do believe they are doing what is best for their team... Sure, it is getting messy but they pushed the Knicks into a corner... The Knicks could just sign Melo in the offseason if they would want to but because the Nuggets keep dragging a lot of teams in the mix (especially the Nets), they are now considering to make a trade that would send four of their starters to Denver... This deal will not only benefit the Nuggets but the Nets as well... Even if they don't get Melo, at least they will force their rival to trade off some key players...

Dankster
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Huh? Care to elaborate?

With regards to Denver's front office? Annoying? If you are a Knicks fan, then maybe they are annoying... However, I do believe they are doing what is best for their team... Sure, it is getting messy but they pushed the Knicks into a corner... The Knicks could just sign Melo in the offseason if they would want to but because the Nuggets keep dragging a lot of teams in the mix (especially the Nets), they are now considering to make a trade that would send four of their starters to Denver... This deal will not only benefit the Nuggets but the Nets as well... Even if they don't get Melo, at least they will force their rival to trade off some key players...

I'm sorry but saying key players and Nets together might be one of the larger oxymorons i've heard in a while :facepalm: ...Of course NY would love to wait to just sign him in the offseason, keep our nucleus intact. But odds are we won't have that opportunity mainly because of how desperate NJ's FO is to get this done. To be honest, NJ needs him much worse than NY does- they need a face for their franchise and to help with their transition into a larger scale market. Because of how much NJ needs this guy, for us to pry in between we have to unfortunately sacrifice a few more lambs....

Bornknick73
02-21-2011, 11:21 AM
They should hire my wife. She spends 30 mins with a resturant menu and still cant decide what she wants. Ill be on dessert and she'll still be deciding on a appetizer.

Shes perfect for denver's FO.

Giantwarrior
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
it may seem so, with all the Melo-Drama going on.

Everyone in the League says Portland has the most annoying and cocky front office.

BRAVE KID
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't think it is common for FO's to just give superstars away. If they get what they want all the props to them.

ragee
02-21-2011, 11:38 AM
I'm sorry but saying key players and Nets together might be one of the larger oxymorons i've heard in a while :facepalm: ...Of course NY would love to wait to just sign him in the offseason, keep our nucleus intact. But odds are we won't have that opportunity mainly because of how desperate NJ's FO is to get this done. To be honest, NJ needs him much worse than NY does- they need a face for their franchise and to help with their transition into a larger scale market. Because of how much NJ needs this guy, for us to pry in between we have to unfortunately sacrifice a few more lambs....

I am not saying they don't need him... You guys are playoff bound, they are not... Nuff said... What I am trying to say is instead of backing down, they forced you guys to give more... If the Nets didn't get involved, you guys wouldn't be offering what you guys are offering now...

Madtown22
02-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Come on, they had no choice. They are trying to maximize this situation. Carmelo handcuffed them!

THE GIPPER
02-21-2011, 11:46 AM
So because they want an almost fair return for their franchsie player they are annoying?

Create
02-21-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't think it's there fault, they would have had a few trades done already but Melo' didn't sign an extension.

Giantwarrior
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
BTW, two of the four NJN 1st round picks are protected. I know one of them is from the Warriors. if they do not make the playoffs this year the Warriors get that draft pick back.

The warriors will not be making it to the playoffs this year. big surprise.

Denver could possibly end up with only two 1st round picks.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM
At the end of the deal, Denver will most likely be very happy with getting a steal for a guy who was just going to sign with NY anyways in July. If I was a NY fan, I would be pissed about giving away 2-3 starters for 1 guy and no bench now when we could just wait it out and get him without losing a thing.

Knicks with Melo via trade, no better than 3 seed for years to come (No D, no bench, cap space gone with melo extension, no tradeable assets left)
Knicks with Melo via FA, title contender for years to come (only if they play some D)

BigBlueCrew
02-21-2011, 11:57 AM
Of course they are being annoying. They act as though Melo wants to resign with them, they are not negotiating in good faith. If everyone walked away from this deal and the Knicks landed him in free agency, I would not be opposed.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Of course they are being annoying. They act as though Melo wants to resign with them, they are not negotiating in good faith. If everyone walked away from this deal and the Knicks landed him in free agency, I would not be opposed.

That's what I would want. Even if you do the trade now, you may get past the 1st round, but its highly doubtful you get anywhere else.

By waiting, you will instantly become a contender. You won't be able to keep Chandler, but you don't lose 2 other starters in the process and your 6th man.

AntiG
02-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I give them props for not caving in and taking all the bad deals from the Knicks.

This deserves a: UMAD

Qft

Arch Stanton
02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
They should've traded Melo last year. They would've gotten more for him. And the Cavs should've traded LeBrick 7 years ago.

bmac_121
02-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Don't understand how they're the worst when they're just trying to get good return on an arguably top 10 player in the league. All they're doing is what's best for them.

The Hawks FO is the worst imo. No major trades or changes within the last year. They are only expecting more out of a core that's been blown out in the playoffs 2 years running, and only promoted an assistant coach to try and get it out of them.

ne3xchamps
02-21-2011, 12:28 PM

apparently you didn't pay attention much about the lakers. that whole melo to the lakers was horses**t. No creditable source to those rumors, and Phil Jackson said there was nothing of the sorts. PAY THE F ATTENTION! all that was, was espn making up s**t. Espn is like highshool, a bunch of drama made up over nothing.

ne3xchamps
02-21-2011, 12:30 PM
oh and like I've said all along, he will go to the knicks. I've been trying to tell all the net fans to stop believing all the BS, he only wants to be a knick

PhillyFaninLA
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Denver has done nothing wrong. They where told a player would not resign so they are trying to trade them. The player has said they only want to be on the Knicks and its questionable whether they would sign a contract with anyone else. The Nuggets have a duty as a business and a sports franchise to try and have the possible team which means making a trade with the best return.

Melo has done nothing wrong. He has said consistently that he wants to play for the Knicks and he never publically demanded a trade, we was willing to walk and sign. Melo never lied and has never done anything to except be honest with the media, the Nuggets, and play hard to fulfill his current contract.

The Nets, Mavs, Knicks, etc...have done nothing wrong because they are only trying to get one of the best scorers in the game.

The media is reporting rumors which is very often what sports news is and just as often at trade deadlines, draft time, or free agency all they can really do, so they are doing nothing wrong.

As fans that use a message we are expressing our opinions and what we think or want to happen. Sure sometimes fan goggles distort perception but when your a true fan thats ok, so we've done nothing wrong.

Through this whole situation no one has actually done anything wrong from an objective stand point. If you take emotion and fandom out of the equation for a moment and look objectively and think about the art of negotiation and leverage then most people could probably see that.

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 12:36 PM
if anything, denvers FO is balling right now...they are in full control and making serious demands that they most likely will get. Denver is gutting NY...kudos to denver

Giantwarrior
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
I dont think Melo is going to fit in NY anyway.

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I dont think Melo is going to fit in NY anyway.

He's not a great fit, no doubt about that.

Ty Fast
02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
So because they want an almost fair return for their franchsie player they are annoying?

i guess so lol

KingPosey
02-21-2011, 12:42 PM
The problem is that they have NO leverage (especially because Melo is not 100% desperate for the cash), so they keep trying to manufacture it. But they keep getting called out on it, and they are left exposed, walking back with their head down and tail between their legs repeatedly.

godolphins
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM
:nod:

Kakaroach
02-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Absolutely not. If your team were trading its franchise player, you would want all you could get in return. Try putting yourself in their shoes.

LOOTERX9
02-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Denver is being very damn annoying but I don't blame them. I would do the same if i was denvers GM. And i'm a knicks fan

Steelers23_06
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
if i was them i would take the nets deal. favors and 2 picks is enough to rebuild. too bad this draft is sorta weak but hey i thought the same thing about the 09 draft besides blake and look who came out.

IBleedPurple
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
The problem is that they have NO leverage (especially because Melo is not 100% desperate for the cash), so they keep trying to manufacture it. But they keep getting called out on it, and they are left exposed, walking back with their head down and tail between their legs repeatedly.

Take the opposite of what you said, and you're pretty close.

BallIsAll
02-21-2011, 05:46 PM
this thread is retarted and the poster is a moron :facepalm: