PDA

View Full Version : Lenny Kravitz non-chalantly admits to being privy to Lebron going to Miami for a year

Gideon
02-20-2011, 09:10 PM
While being interviewed by Maria Menunos (sp?) before the all-star game, she asked who his favorite team was and he said Miami cause he is from there and friends with the owners. When asked what he thought about Lebron going there he said he had heard about it behind the scenes for the last year, but wasn't sure it would really happen and was happy when it did. Really? Heard about him going to Miami behind the scenes for a year and is good friends with the owners! If that isn't an open admission of collusion from a third party then I don't know what is. I know one could say well maybe he just meant he heard the owners talking about the possibility of Lebron coming, but that is not at all how it sounded. Just curious what people's thoughts are on this? I know Lebron is on Miami now and this subject is like beating a dead horse, but this seems to be acknowledging the rumors that there are things going on behind the scenes that are planned that have been all but speculation and are certainly against NBA rules and lead me to believe that players are actually taking more control of their future than ever before. This is why the owners are trying to get together to stop teams from becoming super powers as players collude together to join forces.

footballer2369
02-20-2011, 09:12 PM
He probably heard that they wanted Lebron. These guys aren't the brightest- especially Monta Ellis.

Albrecht Duerer
02-20-2011, 09:13 PM
While being interviewed by Maria Menunos (sp?) before the all-star game, she asked who his favorite team was and he said Miami cause he is from there and friends with the owners. When asked what he thought about Lebron going there he said he had heard about it behind the scenes for the last year, but wasn't sure it would really happen and was happy when it did. Really? Heard about him going to Miami behind the scenes for a year and is good friends with the owners! If that isn't an open admission of collusion from a third party then I don't know what is. I know one could say well maybe he just meant he heard the owners talking about the possibility of Lebron coming, but that is not at all how it sounded. Just curious what people's thoughts are on this? I know Lebron is on Miami now and this subject is like beating a dead horse, but this seems to be acknowledging the rumors that there are things going on behind the scenes that are planned that have been all but speculation and are certainly against NBA rules and lead me to believe that players are actually taking more control of their future than ever before. This is why the owners are trying to get together to stop teams from becoming super powers as players collude together to join forces.

I think a lot of people feel its obvious that it was pre-arranged.

footballer2369
02-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Who does Kravitz think he is? Monta?

justinnum1
02-20-2011, 09:16 PM
who cares...riley got em all...DISCOUNTED!!!!

Gideon
02-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I honestly don't think he realized what he had said or what he was admitting to, but when it went back to the announcers they caught it and mentioned it quickly.

Hulk6
02-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Who does Kravitz think he is? Monta?

the monta jokes are getting old, stfu

210Don
02-20-2011, 09:19 PM
no way i think Monta Ellis. had something to do with this

footballer2369
02-20-2011, 09:20 PM

U mad? I don't think i'll like you when you're angry...

eibbor
02-20-2011, 09:42 PM

Agreed...

But not half as old as blah blah blah was rapedddddd... ...and even that isn't as old as all these idiots saying, "In before close!," "In before lock!," or dear lord... "U MaD?" Ppl padding their stats in a forum lol. Clever... Classy...

As far as Kravitz... I wasn't aware he ever did anything besides sell out to do Pepsi commercials lol Who cares what he thinks he knows.

Hellcrooner
02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
When exactly did Lebron anounce he was going to change to number 6? ( 23 retired in Miami).

Lets not act like if they decided the thing at last minute.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2011, 09:56 PM
To be honest, I do honestly feel that there are instances of collusion. Did it happen with LBJ and Miami? I dunno. I have a feeling like it did. I remember hearing Ariza say, when Cleveland was trying to sign him for the MLE that LBJ said he wanted him there, but wouldnt make any promises as to how long he himself would stay in CLE, which is why Ariza said he opted for another team. Did he already have it in his mind to move? Did he know where to? Only LBJ and anybody he may have spoken with know that. NY and MIA both seemed to be making moves under the assumption that they had a big free agent locked in.

This is also what happened when Shaq left Orlando for LA. Everybody seemed to know before his final season in Orlando started that he was going to LA in the offseason, and then he did.

If it is true that there are such instances of collusion, then it spoils the game. If you are playing for a team whose long term success you are not interested in, then it hurts their ability to recruit free agents, and it may impact the player's efforts on the court, most especially if they end up playing against the team that they know will be signing their pay checks next season.

There is an obvious conflict of interest. I hope this is not what happened, but I cant help feeling the way I do about it. If it was collusion, then I doubt very seriously that it was the first time, and the league, especially in Shaq's LA move, looks the other way. Its not healthy for the league, espcially when they punish other teams so harshly for instances of collusion where there was no conflict of interest (Joe Smith's minny deal cost them how many first round picks and the loss of Smith?).

hugepatsfan
02-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Of course it was pre planned by MIA and Lebron. Not together, but I think it's naive to think that Wade wasn't relaying a few messages back and forth. But it's in the past, so people need to get over it.

Rego247
02-20-2011, 10:04 PM
guys are actually d'ing up in this game a little.

ragee
02-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Of course it was pre planned by MIA and Lebron. Not together, but I think it's naive to think that Wade wasn't relaying a few messages back and forth. But it's in the past, so people need to get over it.

I can't get over your sig... Pretty damn hot! :D

The Final Boss
02-20-2011, 10:22 PM
who cares...riley got em all...DISCOUNTED!!!!

THE Southern Florida School District at it's finest.

pd1dish
02-20-2011, 10:23 PM
When exactly did Lebron anounce he was going to change to number 6? ( 23 retired in Miami).

in his last year at Cleveland he said that he would switch to number 6 no matter what team he was at because he thinks the NBA should retire Michael Jordan's number for all teams

Public Enemy #1
02-20-2011, 10:45 PM

You hurt? :laugh:

Public Enemy #1
02-20-2011, 10:49 PM
no way i think Monta Ellis. had something to do with this

hella hurt. Dude, almost all of your posts are ignorant and annoying. You trying to get on people's nerves or is it just you? :eyebrow:

The L Train
02-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Check this out.

This is old news. Anybody who is not a Heat fan will admit that there is a very good chance that something shady went on in terms on collusion.

But remember guys, you can't argue with these people. All they do is say "U Mad" and they call you a hater. Just let it go. It's like arguing with somebody who thinks OJ Simpson was not guilty.

You are entitled to your opinions, but man, don't pretend that it's not very likely that Miami and Lebron/Wade/Bosh broke some rules. We don't know, but you have to admit it's very likely.

Create
Everyone admits to wanting to have LeBron duh.

Algmuskrats
I think a lot of people feel its obvious that it was pre-arranged.

This.

justinnum1
02-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Check this out.

This is old news. Anybody who is not a Heat fan will admit that there is a very good chance that something shady went on in terms on collusion.

But remember guys, you can't argue with these people. All they do is say "U Mad" and they call you a hater. Just let it go. It's like arguing with somebody who thinks OJ Simpson was not guilty.

You are entitled to your opinions, but man, don't pretend that it's not very likely that Miami and Lebron/Wade/Bosh broke some rules. We don't know, but you have to admit it's very likely.

yep, very likely indeed.

netsgiantsyanks
02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Agreed...

But not half as old as blah blah blah was rapedddddd... ...and even that isn't as old as all these idiots saying, "In before close!," "In before lock!," or dear lord... "U MaD?" Ppl padding their stats in a forum lol. Clever... Classy...

As far as Kravitz... I wasn't aware he ever did anything besides sell out to do Pepsi commercials lol Who cares what he thinks he knows.

u mad? :rolleyes:

Muttman73
02-20-2011, 11:39 PM
The NBA always has been and always will be the most crooked of the major sports leagues. Stern is a criminal who under normal circumstances would be in prison. Things don't just happen in the NBA, it's all a carefully written script.

Allstar21
02-20-2011, 11:40 PM
ummm...if you ever watched ESPN/sportscenter EVERYONE heard behind the scenes info on where Lebron was going...how many times did marc stein or chris bossuard say they had inside info that lebron is going to place X or place Y

Allstar21
02-20-2011, 11:42 PM
What does it say in the NBA rule book about player collusion? Does anyone here know?

The L Train
02-21-2011, 12:02 AM
The NBA always has been and always will be the most crooked of the major sports leagues. Stern is a criminal who under normal circumstances would be in prison. Things don't just happen in the NBA, it's all a carefully written script.

:clap:

You are so right, and I bet you get bashed on here a lot as a result. Some people want to believe what they believe and it shatters their world to even conceive of the possibility of things being different than what they've been taught to believe.

I agree with you though bro, 100%.

Fnom11
02-21-2011, 12:17 AM
You mean the same way people knew he was going to NY? Some guy guessed and make the right guess, you people are dumb.

Fnom11
02-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Check this out.

No us Heat fans all think Lebron didn't have a clue where he was going until he woke up that day....Obviously he knew where he wanted to go, just like every other FA. You people are so silly.

Anilyzer
02-21-2011, 12:32 AM

It's not collusion if the players are free agents--they are free to decide, together or apart, where they want to play and if they want to play together. If they are good enough that the teams will grant their wishes, then hey MORE POWER TO THEM.

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/image/composition/17125116/view/1/producttypecolor/229/type/png/width/378/height/378/the-original-black-power-fist_design.png

Actually it would be the topper if the Cleveland owner made a big deal about this and tried to sue the league or Lebron or whatever.

I guess what everybody here and elsewhere is saying, is that Lebron IS SO GOOD, Lebron is SO UNBELIEVABLY AMAZINGLY GOOD that it is literally not fair to any other team in the league--even the team he is playing and making billions for is victimized by his greatness.

Lebron is SO GOOD that a "just a taste is not enough." They loved him in Cleveland so much that when he had to leave he destroys the entire city and the team.

That's what everybody is saying. What... is the new CBA gonna contain a "Lebron rule" now or something? Lebron's just too good, you can't control that.

Anilyzer
02-21-2011, 12:35 AM
You...Can't...Front...On...That

Everytime you say "The players have too much power!" What you are really saying is "LEBRON has too much power."

Lebron has too much power because he is so good.

Therefore Lebron is literally TOO GOOD FOR THE NBA!!!

*boom*

hgtiger32
02-21-2011, 12:38 AM
people need to let it go

koLohe2133
02-21-2011, 12:52 AM
"we, the Jewish delegation......select......Lenny kravitz"

"Lenny can't be here as he is in Miami"

"Miami? He must have gotten the news about being a Jew early"

Of course there was collusion. But where's the proof?

Gritz
02-21-2011, 01:01 AM
So if Cleveland won the championship last season, what would've happened?

Anilyzer
02-21-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm telling you, Lebron IS JUST TOO GOOD. Lebron is literally too hot to handle, he has melted the entire Cleveland Cavs organization

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-21-2011, 10:31 AM
LeBronze is on the Miami Heat beause of the Boston Celtics.

if the Cavs won the series against the C's i believe they would be the defending champs right now,

IMO

mike_noodles
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
No big deal, we all knew this already.

TheDiggler
02-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Ms. Menounos is pretty dang hot. That's all I'm gonna say ...

Heater4life
02-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Lmao!!! Lenny Cravitz got the inside scoop on collusion. Reagrdless, Lebron is in a Heat uniform, the Heat signed him. Sue Riley, that guys a real O.G.

h2r09
02-21-2011, 12:12 PM
pat. riley. *****es. get over it

KingPosey
02-21-2011, 12:44 PM

But they arent as old as this. Who tricked everyone into thinking "you mad?" was funny or creative?

justinnum1
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Lmao!!! Lenny Cravitz got the inside scoop on collusion. Reagrdless, Lebron is in a Heat uniform, the Heat signed him. Sue Riley, that guys a real O.G.

:yep:

Wade>You
02-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Who cares what Kravitz was privy to? PSD was privy to LeBron going to New York and Wade going to Chicago. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Steelers23_06
02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Who cares what Kravitz was privy to? PSD was privy to LeBron going to New York and Wade going to Chicago. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

this. i bet if he went to new york some star would have said the same thing. you cant trust stars and sports knowledge look at diddy who was at the akstar game and didnt know blake could play, but then again you have people on psd who claim to have tons of sports knowledge making forums saying the same thing :rolleyes:

IamKaiserSoze
02-21-2011, 01:26 PM
who cares when lebron decided anything? what's done is done. what i really want to know is...when is lenny kravitz going to non-calantly admit to having a career?

Revolu7i9n
02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
it kills me to say this but.... soccer knows what's up. you can pay one player whatever the hell he wants then they cap the rest of the roster spots

mrblisterdundee
02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
That dude has a sexy daughter.

John Walls Era
02-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Monta jokes still going? Hes a nice guy... don't hate.

hugepatsfan
02-21-2011, 04:29 PM
What does it say in the NBA rule book about player collusion? Does anyone here know?

There's nothing wrong w/ player collusion. Or at least it isn't punishable by the NBA. You can make your own judgement on it though. Personally, I don't think it's right, even if the NBA can't punish for it.

However, player collusion is illegal of it is being driven by a team. For instance, if Wade was relaying messages from Lebron/Bosh to Riley and vice versa, then it is punishable. Not saying that happened, just giving an example.

uchiha
02-21-2011, 04:37 PM
you mean makes something up on the spot as to sound cooler than he actually is?

bholly
02-21-2011, 06:44 PM

I can't believe serious, regular posters still hold on to stupid **** like this. If anything, the fact that he applied for a number change means he wasn't already decided about going to Miami. This has been covered a thousand times.

Anilyzer
02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Think about this:

If Lebron had "too much power" because he could shape a super-team in Miami... how much power did Phil Jackson have in going to LA? That shifted the balance completely from to the West, and Lakers have won 5 titles and counting.

Coaches are free to go wherever they want if they're not under contract.

Popovich could go to NY Knicks and bring his staff with him. This would hurt San Antonio as much as Lebron leaving Cleveland. AND it would change the balance to make NYK the best East team within a season or two.

The L Train
02-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Think about this:

If Lebron had "too much power" because he could shape a super-team in Miami... how much power did Phil Jackson have in going to LA? That shifted the balance completely from to the West, and Lakers have won 5 titles and counting.

Coaches are free to go wherever they want if they're not under contract.

Popovich could go to NY Knicks and bring his staff with him. This would hurt San Antonio as much as Lebron leaving Cleveland. AND it would change the balance to make NYK the best East team within a season or two.

Cmon bro, you or I could have coached Kobe and Shaq in their prime to several championships.

Let me see Phil go to the Cavs or the Nets or the TWolves and win 3 titles in a row, let alone one.

Phil is a great coach, but he's only won with the two guys who are widely considered the top two players of all time(MJ and Kobe). How could you not win with those guys?

DRose7
02-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Can someone fill me in on the Monta Ellis jokes?

Fnom11
02-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Cmon bro, you or I could have coached Kobe and Shaq in their prime to several championships.

Let me see Phil go to the Cavs or the Nets or the TWolves and win 3 titles in a row, let alone one.

Phil is a great coach, but he's only won with the two guys who are widely considered the top two players of all time(MJ and Kobe). How could you not win with those guys?

I kind of agree.