PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams wants to join Amar'e in NY...wth???

MagicBucsSox
02-20-2011, 03:06 AM
CBS is reporting that Deron Williams has told associates that he wants to play with Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks in 2012.
It's not clear if the Knicks would have enough cap space to add both Melo and Williams, but it's become pretty clear that Williams isn't all that thrilled to be playing in Utah, which is part of the reason Jerry Sloan was fired.

r o t o

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27582505

RZZZA
02-20-2011, 03:07 AM
gtf out, knicks are gonna be crazy good if they get melo and deron

xabial
02-20-2011, 03:08 AM
yea that be a sick team

TRUTH-TELLER
02-20-2011, 03:10 AM
hmmm

kimchi'sworld
02-20-2011, 03:11 AM
That would really stink for the Utah Jazz. First they lose their owner Larry Miller, then Boozer to the Bulls, Coach Sloan & Phil Johnson and then they would lose their franchise player D. Will.

Fnom11
02-20-2011, 03:12 AM
I guess they need one person good at defense.

abe_froman
02-20-2011, 03:14 AM
cool.now are we going to have to hear about it ad nauseam til his contract is up or can we let this one lay low for abit,please

lakers4sho
02-20-2011, 03:15 AM
I feel bad for Knicks fans. Literally every NBA star has been rumored to go that team.

Shareeb_omac2
02-20-2011, 03:15 AM
Too bad Sloan wasn't fired...

TrueFan420
02-20-2011, 03:16 AM
when will it end

soonabooma
02-20-2011, 03:17 AM
Deron Williams is a chump. He had a couple of good years, but he can't shine Westbrook or Roses shoes to save his life. He's a big part of the reason the Jazz have been underachieving. He's not a good leader. He got way too used to everything coming so easy when Boozer was still on the team and when they were at full strength. Now he's finding out that there's actual work involved, the kind of work that guys like Steve Nash have been putting in for years, and the little prick can't handle it. He's a joke now, and the Utah fans know it.

Stroke
02-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Sighs now were going to have big 3 in new york, grr teams pairing up like the heat

Meatmypet
02-20-2011, 03:21 AM
First off, Sloan wasn't fired.
Second, I'd much rather have CP3.
Third, 2012 is still a good year away. Lets worry about Melo first.

hyb152
02-20-2011, 03:23 AM
^ d-will>cp3

xabial
02-20-2011, 03:24 AM

Cp3 has no meniscus in his knee. It got removed from the knee surgery he took after injuring himself getting a rebound during during GS. Not as serious as Roy or even amare but something to follow.

If Knicks are ever in a position to pick between Deron and Cp3, you go with Deron because he actually has both meniscus in his knees. And in my opinion Deron's the better player, but its debatable i think this is a down yyear by Cp3's standards.

What?
02-20-2011, 03:28 AM
and it starts again

NYtilIdie
02-20-2011, 03:28 AM
Can we just figure out what the deal is with Melo' first, please?!?!?

gboogy
02-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Deron Williams is a chump. He had a couple of good years, but he can't shine Westbrook or Roses shoes to save his life. He's a big part of the reason the Jazz have been underachieving. He's not a good leader. He got way too used to everything coming so easy when Boozer was still on the team and when they were at full strength. Now he's finding out that there's actual work involved, the kind of work that guys like Steve Nash have been putting in for years, and the little prick can't handle it. He's a joke now, and the Utah fans know it.

This is easily 1 of the dumbest post I've read on this site

sunsfan88
02-20-2011, 03:34 AM
I'm planning on joining Amare in NY as well.

I plan on having a one hour "The Decision" to say what team I pick. But mine is gonna be on Disney Channel and Justin Beiber will interview me.

John Walls Era
The drama continues. I really don't want to like the Knicks... but I love Deron.

JB0B0
As annoying as this is for the other 29 teams, I'm sure it bothers Knicks fans as well. They're always being hyped up only to be let down, in most cases.

xabial
02-20-2011, 03:44 AM
As annoying as this is for the other 29 teams, I'm sure it bothers Knicks fans as well. They're always being hyped up only to be let down, in most cases.

This.

Have you been to our forum? When this exact Deron Thread was posted A lot of fans are saying Speculation should be banned till 2012 and how this isnt TMZ. Lebron ***** us up good :laugh2:

But how that would be a sick team.

The Jokemaker
02-20-2011, 03:47 AM
Why dont they lowball Utah with an offer for Deron and go ahead and get him now?

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 03:49 AM
What about CP3?

FOBolous
02-20-2011, 03:54 AM
AHAHAHAHA serves the Jazz right. they fired a GOOD and LOYAL coach in an attempt to appease and baby a spoiled player. now the spoiled player is thinking about leaving them for another team. when will team learn?

RZZZA
02-20-2011, 03:56 AM

damn, thats some serious hate. You win hater of the year award

FOBolous
02-20-2011, 03:58 AM
they betrayed and backstabbed sloan and now deron is talking about betraying and backstabbing THEM. what goes around comes around.

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 03:58 AM
AHAHAHAHA serves the Jazz right. they fired a GOOD and LOYAL coach in an attempt to appease and baby a spoiled player. now the spoiled player is thinking about leaving them for another team. when will team learn?

TBF Sloan resigned. And no one knows what the true story is so what you're saying is all speculation.

FOBolous
02-20-2011, 04:01 AM
TBF Sloan resigned. And no one knows what the true story is so what you're saying is all speculation.

no one with a tenure like Sloan's who achieved as much as Sloan resigns out of nowhere without as much as a peep. it's pretty obvious what happened.

Kashmir13579
02-20-2011, 04:04 AM
rather have cp3

jimm120
02-20-2011, 04:04 AM
no one with a tenure like Sloan's who achieved as much as Sloan resigns out of nowhere without as much as a peep. it's pretty obvious what happened.

ditto.

We might not know the "official story", but like it was said, someone like SLoan would have lasted at least till the end of the season. The higher ups opted to back the renegade players instead.

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 04:05 AM
Quitter... CP3 stuck through the tough times.

Skizzik
02-20-2011, 04:09 AM
Quitter... CP3 stuck through the tough times.

Lol, while asking for trades publicly and privately the whole time. New Orleans just always refused to move him because he is the only reason their fans come to games.

SaveTheKnicks
02-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Even Tho Deron Williams Hinted He Was Leaving When Ronnie Brewer Got Traded , This Is Just A Media Hyped Story

Gilly1254
02-20-2011, 04:14 AM
You do anything you can tl keep your franchise player... DWill is the team and top 2 PGs in thge game... Sloan is old and didnt have many years left anyways. I would do the same to keep DWill.

Avenged
02-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Can you provide a credible link so this can reopen?

edit: reopened.

NYSpirit1
02-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Credit: CBS Sports

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports that Deron Williams began informing associates after last season that he would follow Amar'e Stoudemire to New York.
Posted by Matt Moore

Ken Berger of CBSSports.com dropped a bombshell Saturday night amid talk of a Dolan-Isiah-Walsh conflict over Melo, the Nets' meeting with Anthony, and this whole ugly mess. From Berger:

A person with knowledge of the conversations told CBSSports.com on Saturday that Jazz point guard Deron Williams began informing close associates after last season that if Stoudemire wound up in New York, Williams would follow him there as a free agent in 2012. If the Knicks got Anthony with the three-year extension under current rules, it is not clear whether they'd have enough cap space to add a player such as Williams, Chris Paul or Dwight Howard when the trio become unrestricted free agents after next season.

So here's how this play will probably get executed.

Williams will, of course, strongly deny the report tomorrow whenever a reporter manages to ask him. Half the people will freak out over the media and half will freak out because of the implications of this on the current season. That's how these things are structured, to leak word while providing cover. Just enough for there to be analysis of the player's fit with the prospective team, and just enough to allow for hand-wringing over the veracity of the claim.

Williams just came through the resignation of Jerry Sloan, with reports indicating Williams was involved in a locker room confrontation the night before Sloan announced he was leaving the Jazz after over two decades. Williams vehemently denied any such conflict with Sloan, but the repercussions caused by the Hall of Fame coach's departure are still being felt.

At the time, we talked about how Deron leaving after that debacle would be "worse than LeBron ." News that Williams has been considering a departure for such a major market before this season will leave its mark on the Jazz even as the team flounders, trying to hold on to a playoff spot. Welcome to the big time, Deron Williams. You might want to get some advice from Melo on how crazy it's going to get.

As sick as people are getting of what's been going on with Carmelo and then previously LeBron, there's no telling whether the same thing is going to happen with Paul, Howard and Deron Williams next year. It very well could. Although, after such a blockbuster deal with the Nuggets, I don't know what the Knicks could even give up in a deal for Deron Williams next year except like Fields, Mozgov and Billups.

meloman1592
02-20-2011, 04:48 AM
Deron,melo,amare?? :clap::D

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 04:53 AM
Credit: CBS Sports

As sick as people are getting of what's been going on with Carmelo and then previously LeBron, there's no telling whether the same thing is going to happen with Paul, Howard and Deron Williams next year. It very well could. Although, after such a blockbuster deal with the Nuggets, I don't know what the Knicks could even give up in a deal for Deron Williams next year except like Fields, Mozgov and Billups.

So NY gets Deron and Heat will get CP3? How is this fair for the other teams?

How is this fair for me? I hate the Knicks, but I like Deron. I like defending the Heat (this season at least), but I hate Paul (though I won't deny CP3 is the best PG in the league).

Raph12
02-20-2011, 04:54 AM
Barkley was asking why the Knicks wouldn't just let Melo expire so they could sign him in the offseason, well Chuck, it's because they want the cap space to sign another big FA in 2012...

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Barkley was asking why the Knicks wouldn't just let Melo expire so they could sign him in the offseason, well Chuck, it's because they want the cap space to sign another big FA in 2012...

All of a sudden, the Nuggets have leverage again.

I hate how I know the aspects of this side of the game... back in the day I only cared about, you know, the game played on the court.

MJ-BULLS
02-20-2011, 05:01 AM
the media is taking this a little to far. can we please wait and see what happens with melo first.

Raph12
02-20-2011, 05:07 AM
All of a sudden, the Nuggets have leverage again.

I hate how I know the aspects of this side of the game... back in the day I only cared about, you know, the game played on the court.

Naw Melo will go to NY regardless and then the Knicks can try to trade for CP3/DWill during the season (when they refuse to resign lol)... Denver better try to milk w/e they can because Melo isn't sticking around regardless of what they do.

Agree 100%, although I don't blame them, the Heat will be a powerhouse for years to come and the only way to challenge them might be teamming up.

bklynny67
02-20-2011, 05:08 AM
i hope it happens, but i really hope its not talked about every day for a year like Lebron and Melo were...

knicks_champ
02-20-2011, 05:09 AM
I feel bad for Knicks fans. Literally every NBA star has been rumored to go that team.

Don't feel bad. It's a honor to know top NBA players are interested in joining us.

thebusnotjerome
02-20-2011, 05:11 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

I don't know what each team's philosophy is but I was just experimenting with it

what you think?

Anilyzer
02-20-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm refusing to believe ANY of these stories unless they

1. have a quote from the player, on the record

and/or

2. have a video of the player saying that

All the BS stories of "sources are saying that Deron has said" or "there are reports that deron has said" are all journalism FAIL

Anilyzer
02-20-2011, 05:17 AM
CBS is reporting that Deron Williams has told associates that he wants to play with Amare Stoudemire and the Knicks in 2012.
It's not clear if the Knicks would have enough cap space to add both Melo and Williams, but it's become pretty clear that Williams isn't all that thrilled to be playing in Utah, which is part of the reason Jerry Sloan was fired.

r o t o

in other words, "associates" are telling CBS that Deron has said something and CBS is reporting it

after all the Denver/Carmelo lies, this has zero credibility

The Raven
02-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Not another super team.....

DamnGoat
02-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Why does the report say Jerry Sloan was fired when he stepped down?

I think Dallas will make a strong push for DWill when he hits FA. Dirk will have a couple good years left in the tank and Kidd will be in a wheelchair by then, there's already a very good supporting cast in place and it's home for him. That situation makes more sense to me than NY (who'll have to outscore everyone to win).

shep33
02-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Like I said before, they need some defensive players out in NYC. I love what the Knicks are doing, but there comes a time when they need to pick up some defensive stoppers over offensive firepower.

if they get Williams or CP3 while also getting some defensive players, then they'll be a top team for years to come.

However, they should focus on picking up guys like and Aaron Afflalo, maybe Tayshaun Prince, etc. The Knicks clearly want to create a similar look to Miami's team, it's not a surprise at all, a star-studded team looks to be great for everyone in NYC.

However, i can't say that the Knick's defensive players come close to those on a team like Miami, LA, or Boston. They have to play defense. In truth, good defensive teams have dominated the NBA for the past 20 years.

So like I said, first and foremost pick up some defenders. I mean this upcoming offseason will have a good deal of them in free-agency:

Kendrick Perkins
Anthony Parker
Caron Butler
Chandler (no way he leaves Dallas though)
Chuck Hayes
Shane Battier
Rasual Butler
Nick Collison
Dalembert
Reggie Evans
AK47
Josh Howard

knicks_champ
02-20-2011, 05:30 AM
If the NBA did not have a CAP, I think the Knicks could of build a super team by now. Lol

RIPSweetness34
02-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Dwight Howard to the Bulls for Noah and anyone or anything except Rose and Boozer if all this happens.

Heat- James, Wade, Posh
NY- Melo, Amare, Deron
Bulls- Rose, Boozer, Howard

I would love to see those rivalries for about 8 years

jimbobjarree
02-20-2011, 07:57 AM
yeah lets force deron out of a small market team with made up stories!

madiaz3
02-20-2011, 08:56 AM
I guess they need one person good at defense.

so edgy!!

_Supreme_
02-20-2011, 09:31 AM
I guess you can't spell CBS without BS.

The Melo drama is almost over and the media needs the next player to create hype about and milk :rolleyes:

If NY ends up with Anthony, considering the resulting $/cap issues (with nobody taking any paycuts), depleted roster, expected limitations the new CBA will bring, Utah's (non-)willingness to trade Deron in the first place....

There is about just as much chance this happens as pigs flying & wearing pink ballet outfits.

Sad thing is that the usual poo-brains will all fall for this again.

d00d
02-20-2011, 09:59 AM
by 2012 Amare's knees will be shot.

they better win this year or next.

Amare is not a player to build around, his best years are behind him

omdigga
is this what the nba is now?.. rumors about players leaving their team... this has to end.. its really annoying and takes away from just enjoyng the game..

TheDiggler
**** Deron !

First he let's Sloan, one of the all-time greatest Coaches of the Sport getting fired and now he wants to get to NY. Players are getting really big ***** nowadays ...

No one can say something, if a Player say his FO that he wants to get somewhere before his contract expires. But making everything public really shows what characters players have these days.

Haven't heard anything like that from classy players like MJ, Pippen, Ray Allen, Larry Bird Magic Johnson or whoever. It's getting disgusting ... players have too much to say and hurt their franchises. Stop that !

And I'm not saying that as a homer. It happens everyelse too ...

Big Zo
02-20-2011, 10:17 AM
The thing is everybody wants to play with him in NY, but, uh... nobody wants to play with him in NY. Got that?

JordansBulls
02-20-2011, 10:18 AM

r o t o

Bulls should have gotten Melo when they could.

WizFan3
02-20-2011, 10:28 AM

so true

Slimsim
02-20-2011, 10:32 AM

you should feel bad for the teams who stars are talking about leaving under contract

nycsports2
02-20-2011, 10:33 AM
that would be great lets see if we get melo 1st

nshush
02-20-2011, 10:34 AM
With Deron/Melo/Amare NY will be mad-fun to watch but they won't win it all. Championship are come by defense. Melo and Amare don't know defense. And with Mike D'Antonie you simply can't win championships no matter what players you have.

Dwight will be pairing with either CP3 or Deron IMO.

Flash3
02-20-2011, 10:36 AM
idk if they'll have the money and i dont think utah wants to create another super team

HOZ THE KNICK
02-20-2011, 10:51 AM
With Deron/Melo/Amare NY will be mad-fun to watch but they won't win it all. Championship are come by defense. Melo and Amare don't know defense. And with Mike D'Antonie you simply can't win championships no matter what players you have.

Dwight will be pairing with either CP3 or Deron IMO.

i agree if they form a big 3 here dantoni should be fired because offense won't be a problem teaching players to man up will.

BklynKnicks3
02-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Who doesnt't want to play with Amare. Who doesnt want the bright lights other then Lecon.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2011, 11:13 AM
D-Will wants out? Awesome!!!!! It turns out choosing D-Will over Sloan was a GREAT choice! PLEASE NOTE SARCASM!!!!!!

Gram
02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Great, another super team. Make your own damn legacy players ffs...:facepalm:

Jazz Bear
02-20-2011, 11:17 AM
I hope we get something for deron williams.

hugepatsfan
02-20-2011, 11:31 AM
This is becoming a ****ing joke. It's going to get to the point only a select few teams have a collection of 2-3 superstars in their prime. Then the regular season and first round of the playoffs will be irrelevant.

Jazz Bear
02-20-2011, 11:36 AM
This is becoming a ****ing joke. It's going to get to the point only a select few teams have a collection of 2-3 superstars in their prime. Then the regular season and first round of the playoffs will be irrelevant.

Totally agree. Too many super teams. What's the point of drafting anybody if they will just leave your team anyway.

BGeer091
02-20-2011, 11:36 AM
The NBA should allow all the NBA teams to keep 2 players and then throw the rest into a draft lottery where everyone has a fair shot at the number 1 pick. Then make stricter contracts, and give the teams a little more control over there players. Lets fix this mess up asap..

Frrrrank!!!
02-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I wish for once a big time free agent wanted to go to Boston.

New York is cold, but so is Boston.
New York has history, but so does Boston.
New York has 2 titles, but Boston has 17.
New York has passinate fans, and we are too.

:sigh:

NYK|NYY
02-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Can't imagine owners not forcing NBA to add franchise tag

ImThatDude
02-20-2011, 11:43 AM

New York has a title, but Boston has 17.

Excuse me that's 2 titles fyi ;)

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 11:57 AM

Yes there should be franchise tags in the nba.. but the rule should be that you have to pay the player a max contract x 10%. If you use it again then its his previous max contract x 20%. Again then the % keeps going up by 10.

Frrrrank!!!
02-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Excuse me that's 2 titles fyi ;)

Oh my bad. 2. :)

HOZ THE KNICK
02-20-2011, 11:59 AM

the players will never go for it

THE GIPPER
02-20-2011, 12:19 PM

dwight to boston in 2012!!!!

koLohe2133
02-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Reason 500 I dislike deron Williams...

Drive out one of the best coaches in NBA history then spurn the team....classy

blastmasta26
02-20-2011, 12:21 PM
As much as I would love D-Will to come here, I am so damn tired of the speculation. It's so far away, if the media actually starts focusing on this I may end up killing myself lol.

MagicBucsSox
02-20-2011, 12:23 PM

the NY women are hotter,night scene appeal and lifestyle. only hot female boston made was maria menounos

justinnum1
02-20-2011, 12:25 PM
The new cba will prevent this from happening, whether its a lower cap or franchise system, knicks will not have 3 stars

blastmasta26
02-20-2011, 12:26 PM
The new cba will prevent this from happening, whether its a lower cap or franchise system, knicks will not have 3 stars
Sucks that they would do something like that AFTER Miami already gets 3 stars.

Ethix11
02-20-2011, 12:28 PM
I saw this happening. The Knicks will get either CP3 or Williams after Melo. Cant wait..

Ethix11
02-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Sucks that they would do something like that AFTER Miami already gets 3 stars.

There's ALWAYS a loophole.

hugepatsfan
02-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I guess BOS needs to hope that Dwight will take their money in 2012... haha.

td0tsfinest
02-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Sighs now were going to have big 3 in new york, grr teams pairing up like the heat

You hope the NBA can improve the CBA and try to prevent these super teams.

nycericanguy
02-20-2011, 12:35 PM

its going to be hard, a lower cap won't do it because player contracts are based on percentage of the cap, i.e a max player can make 30% of the cap. So if you lower the cap that only means you lower max contracts as well. THey would have to dramatically lower the cap but then that would handicap almost every team out there and the PA is not going to agree to such a huge paycut... there is no easy solution.

And franchise tag... thats a longshot.

netsgiantsyanks
02-20-2011, 12:37 PM
omg, really??

netsgiantsyanks
02-20-2011, 12:39 PM
now i'll start hearing deron williams to the knicks :pity:

joeboow90
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM

Sorry to break it to you miami fans but the Knicks WIll have 3 stars. i find it funny you dont want the knicks to have 3 stars after the heat get their 3 stars lmao. Melo will be traded to the knicks then chris paul will be joining him. its pretty clear no matter what the cap is..

netsgiantsyanks
02-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Sorry to break it to you miami fans but the Knicks WIll have 3 stars. i find it funny you dont want the knicks to have 3 stars after the heat get their 3 stars lmao. Melo will be traded to the knicks then chris paul will be joining him. its pretty clear no matter what the cap is..

:k:

Ware_Spencer
02-20-2011, 12:46 PM
I am not sure how much credibility this has.........

First off its a blog. Second nobody posted there name as to who wrote this article? So the guy who could possibly making up this story can't be questioned?

What a punk post some article about this rumor but don't write who said it?

Williams just came through the resignation of Jerry Sloan, with reports indicating Williams was involved in a locker room confrontation the night before Sloan announced he was leaving the Jazz after over two decades. Williams vehemently denied any such conflict with Sloan, but the repercussions caused by the Hall of Fame coach's departure are still being felt.

^ This is where this guy loses all credibility. Williams never denied that there was a conflict at halftime. This guy is a liar. Deron openly admitted there was a conflict at halftime. Everyone in the organization admitted that there was a conflict. And everyone in the organization said it didn't even make the top ten conflicts Jerry has had with players or even Deron. They said Jerry had confrontations all the time.

Article is bogus when you catch one of this lies in the article and when they won't even post there own name.

Dankster
02-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Way too premature. First lets see if NY can land carmelo, and go from there. Supposedly CP3 said he'd be willing to take less money to play with the "Big Two." It's just becoming a circus; ESPN has recognized how to now obtain high ratings for long periods of time by intensifying these rumors exponentially.

manny620
02-20-2011, 12:50 PM
OMFG not this again another year of this ****

justinnum1
02-20-2011, 12:55 PM

When?

fishfan79
02-20-2011, 12:57 PM
this crap is getting old, oh wells. Funny part is this stuff is far worse then lebron at least he waited till FA and didnt try to force his way out.

NYKnicks4511
02-20-2011, 01:02 PM

We have been 'heartbroken' many times before. Thank god we finally got 1 star, hopefully a couple more will follow!

SteBO
02-20-2011, 01:08 PM
It doesn't matter whether y'all get 3 stars or not, so I don't what you're getting at. BTW, when was it known that CP3 will be a Knick? You must have great sources.

SteBO
02-20-2011, 01:08 PM
We have been 'heartbroken' many times before. Thank god we finally got 1 star, hopefully a couple more will follow!
You'll get 'Melo. Don't worry.

bball is all
02-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't count them chickens just yet!

But D-will is ILL.

Kakaroach
02-20-2011, 01:09 PM
First off, this is just a rumor. And I HIGHLY doubt its true because the Knicks can't have D. Will and CP3 and it seems like Paul is the one who really wants to be in New York.

meloman1592
02-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Miami fans would hate for this to happen lol

jetsfan28
02-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I really hope this is true. I love CP3, but Deron has the added benefit of not having a gigantic knee brace.

Lakerfrk
02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
could we all imagine...

HEAT - Lebron, Wade, Bosh
CELTICS - Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Rondo
KNICKS - Williams, Stoudamire, Anthony
LAKERS - Bryant, Gasol, Dwight

thats sick. haha.

Lakerfrk
02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
could we all imagine...

thats sick. haha.

THE MTL
02-20-2011, 01:18 PM
I cant take this no more. Its just too much.

AddiX
02-20-2011, 01:19 PM
could we all imagine...

thats sick. haha.

If your a crappy small market team, might as well hang it up. you have Elite teams and everyone else is basically like a D league team. They can draft and develop the talent, the big markets will take it.

SteBO
02-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Miami fans would hate for this to happen lol
:rolleyes: lmao

Bornknick73
02-20-2011, 01:22 PM

I think it has alot to do with the Knicks sucking for so long. For years players knew the advantages of playing on a winning team in the Big Apple. They've always known about the celebrity and the money, the exposure.

But we sucked. And for a long time if you asked any player if they would play there you would get the complimentary answer you give to NJ ...NO.

Not only did we suck but the media will destroy you because of it. So for the last 10 years no one wanted to touch us with a ten foot pole. Even if they knew they could make a difference they just couldnt risk it.

Its like an awkward party where no one will dance until that first person goes on the floor, once that first person grabs someone and is cutting the rug everyone else follows.

I think in the back of players minds they were waiting for someone to get up and start dancing with the Knicks. So STAT got up fixed his tie and asked us to dance. Even though he knew we were the easiest lay in the joint.

I think now that someone has taken the burden of the franchise on their shoulders its safer for players to follow. They know the foundation for a winning team is there now. Its not such a losing proposition of pros vs cons anymore. The Pros are breaking through.

So NY after all these years is now a viable destination, and one that can now couple its significant perks with a winning product. Winning in NYC is akin to be treated like a King in a Kingdom. With everything the city has to offer at your feet. And the only city that can offer everything NYC can is Los Angeles.

So its natural now for players to say NYC. We have space, we're building something good, and they know now they could move us into possible championship contention. It's a attractive opportunity now.

Stoudemire isnt a bum, players in the league respect his game and his intensity and while people may not think he's championship material im sure the players think otherwise.

Stoudemire is on the floor dancing, someone is gonna be the first to get up and dance with him. Its just a question of who and when. He wont be dancing alone for long.

And unfortunately for us we will be tortured in the Media Capitol of the World with all the rumors and nonsense until that happens.

jetsfan28
02-20-2011, 01:47 PM
If your a crappy small market team, might as well hang it up. you have Elite teams and everyone else is basically like a D league team. They can draft and develop the talent, the big markets will take it.

The Spurs are not a big market. Draft and develop well and you could still be a great team. I mean, while the big 3 carries them, they wouldn't be winning without George Hill, Gary Neal, and DeJuan Blair, while James Anderson and Tiago Splitter are poised to make big impacts in the future, which will keep the big 3 happy and get them to stay.

Same with OKC. They just continued drafting well, kept plugging away at holes, brilliantly drafted Jeff Green, who had less star potential than some of the guys picked after him but would be a great piece for a great team next to Durant, made sure they got a PG, brilliantly got a lockdown defender in Thabo Sefolosha who took pressure off Durant and doesn't demand the ball, and you now have a small market team where everyone's happy. And if Westbrook were to indicate he wants to leave in 3 years, while that would be awful for them, they would have Eric Maynor waiting to take over the spot.

Draft well, manage the roster intelligently, develop young talent, and people will stay.

KnicksorBust
02-20-2011, 01:51 PM

Our forum is a zoo. Over the last few years it feels like we spend more time talking about other team's players than our own. I look forward to it being over but there is no end in sight.

NYKnicks4511
02-20-2011, 02:04 PM
You'll get 'Melo. Don't worry.

I hope it's as much of a given statement as people are making it out to be.

I'd love to see if Brandon Knight falls in the draft to us around 17-20, then groom him a couple years behind Billups. He can be a really special player, especially if he's given time to grow.

Ty Fast
02-20-2011, 02:08 PM
gtf out, knicks are gonna be crazy good if they get melo and deron

miami will still be better

Bigbadmoffo
02-20-2011, 02:10 PM
The Nba is gonna drastically change in the coming years based on the actions of three stars. This will make the nba change things in a big way. If all these stars wanna play for the big names or with the stars then the all the the other franchises are goona go broke. The new CBA is probably gonna make a franchise player rule like the nfl. All i know is that the big three have changed the nba for everyone and will be remember for good or bad.

quade36
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Well, I've been on this forum since 2004. Every year I hear from Knick fans how great their team will be. Here we are 7 years later, its about time the team actually gets good.

AddiX
02-20-2011, 02:12 PM
The Spurs are not a big market. Draft and develop well and you could still be a great team. I mean, while the big 3 carries them, they wouldn't be winning without George Hill, Gary Neal, and DeJuan Blair, while James Anderson and Tiago Splitter are poised to make big impacts in the future, which will keep the big 3 happy and get them to stay.

Same with OKC. They just continued drafting well, kept plugging away at holes, brilliantly drafted Jeff Green, who had less star potential than some of the guys picked after him but would be a great piece for a great team next to Durant, made sure they got a PG, brilliantly got a lockdown defender in Thabo Sefolosha who took pressure off Durant and doesn't demand the ball, and you now have a small market team where everyone's happy. And if Westbrook were to indicate he wants to leave in 3 years, while that would be awful for them, they would have Eric Maynor waiting to take over the spot.

Draft well, manage the roster intelligently, develop young talent, and people will stay.

Awesome job, you found 2 teams that have successfully built through the draft out of the entire NBA.

Further proving my point.:clap:

RZZZA
02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
miami will still be better

of course, the Heat is the best basketball team in the history of the world according to Heat fans, too bad you've gone something like 1-6 against elite teams in the league though.

DwayneMVPwade
02-20-2011, 02:16 PM
If this is true feel sorry for utah. Lose their best player and sloan

Jumba
02-20-2011, 02:21 PM
It's not true...

knicks=love
02-20-2011, 02:24 PM

I :worthy: you. i hate all of this "omg ___ wants to play for the knicks". then they change they're sig and re-do their "dream lineup". worry about what's in the present and stop living in the future. HOLY ****.

quade36
02-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Awesome job, you found 2 teams that have successfully built through the draft out of the entire NBA.

There are more teams.

Bulls, Portland, New Orleans, Atlanta

Yes they all have an impact player or two that came from somewhere else. But their teams were all built essentially via the draft.

So you add those teams to Oklahoma and San Antonio that is half the top 12 teams built via the draft. So what is your point?

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2011, 02:34 PM
could we all imagine...

thats sick. haha.

OKC too
Durant, westbrok. They need harden to be something to compete. GRab a shot blocking big man and they can compete. In 2012 I dont think garnett allen and pierce WOntbe great. if there even around. Bryant will be what 36 37?I still would take the heat over all of them. Knicks and lakers battle for number 2 on that list lol

deadman8586
02-20-2011, 02:43 PM
OKC too
Durant, westbrok. They need harden to be something to compete. GRab a shot blocking big man and they can compete. In 2012 I dont think garnett allen and pierce WOntbe great. if there even around. Bryant will be what 36 37?I still would take the heat over all of them. Knicks and lakers battle for number 2 on that list lol

Correction Kobe would be 34 years old in 2012 remember he was born on 8/23/78

0nekhmer
02-20-2011, 02:43 PM
i would pick deron over melo any day if i were NY. DAMN i thought you could only do these things in video games.
lol the trios of today are beating my trios on 2k11..

pd1dish
02-20-2011, 02:47 PM

its the exact opposite. no one with a tenure like Sloan's gets fired. he could have stayed there as long as he wanted. he signed a 1 year extension in the first week of february. theres no way a team signs him to an extension and then fires him less than 4 days later.

el_primo_nano
02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Deron is my fave PG in the league. I fell in love with him during the rookie-sophomore game in 07' when he and David Lee looked like the second coming of the Mailman and Stockton. I would love it.

SteBO
02-20-2011, 04:47 PM
of course, the Heat is the best basketball team in the history of the world according to Heat fans, too bad you've gone something like 1-6 against elite teams in the league though.
Too bad that record doesn't mean anything.

Allstar21
02-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I heard that Larry Bird and Micheal Jordan were gonna sign with the Knicks in 2015

IversonIsKrazy
02-20-2011, 05:05 PM
God damn. There needs to be a new rule that players can't talk abt their next destination until their contract is up. Or a franchise tag or something. They really need to fix what's happening to the NBA. I actually hope there is a lock-out next year and they fix this issue.

ElMarroAfamado
02-20-2011, 05:10 PM
this would be great cause it means the Jazz would probably suck for a very long time....and its about time they fall back to mediocrity

jetsfan28
02-20-2011, 05:11 PM

They happen to be the best team in the league and the team with the brightest future in the league that is also a top 7 team.

The Jazz also have had a pretty damn good 2 decades, the Blazers have had a good team early in the decade and again now, was a very good team until Roy got hurt (and that's despite the Oden pick that hasn't worked out due to his injuries), the Hawks are a consistently good team despite, like Portland, making a bad top 5 pick on Marvin Williams, and even Dallas isn't a huge NBA market yet they've had a ridiculously good decade. Denver has been at least decent most of the decade, sometimes very good, Phoenix has been one of the best teams despite having a cheap owner that traded away picks, plenty of small market teams have been extremely successful this decade.

bullcubbear23
02-20-2011, 05:12 PM
The Franchise Tag would ruin Free Agency. There would be no hype about who's going where, and there would never be any stars moving teams.

Confusious
02-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Knicks gonna **** on everybody, gonna sign D. Howard, Paul AND D-Will.

Then they'll trade Gallinari and Felton for Wade and James.

They gon get ervbody.

Flash3
02-20-2011, 06:10 PM
A source close to Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams said Sunday a report that the two-time All-Star wants to play for the New York Knicks after the 2011-12 season is "crazy".

Williams holds a player option for the 2012-13 campaign with Utah worth $17.9 million. He discussed with the media about his future with the Jazz on Friday, stating that uncertainty surrounding a Collective Bargaining Agreement that will expire June 30 is the main factor affecting his decision.

"Until I see what that's like, I can't even think about it," Williams said. "I don't want to get into one of those things where everybody's guessing what I'm going to do. I'd rather just leave it at that. You can guess if you want to, but you're not going to know from me."

Lake_Show2416
02-20-2011, 06:20 PM
you just cant say right now if the Knicks would be able to get him.

its unknown how the collective bargaining agreement is gonna shape out, and if a team would actually be able to afford to sign 3 max or near max contracts

Flash3
02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
So NY gets Deron and Heat will get CP3? How is this fair for the other teams?

How is this fair for me? I hate the Knicks, but I like Deron. I like defending the Heat (this season at least), but I hate Paul (though I won't deny CP3 is the best PG in the league).

umm you do know that's impossible right ?

BigRed
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
if the knicks get melo and d-will they could win the east in '12 or '13

Dankster
02-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm personally a bigger fan of Dwill's than CP3. Paul is probably a bit flashier and is a wonderful on ball defender, but i just don't see any other advantage he has over Deron. Dwill is bigger, stronger, a better overall scorer and most importantly when thinking of obtaining a franchise player--very DURABLE....that being said, i'd drool over the opportunity for either one of these magicians to bring their talents to Gotham!

icej
02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I think this is the whole disappointment + depression + emotion talking, the whole situation in Utah is noticeably bad with deron, notice his mood at the ASG from the players intro to the bench, its obvious hes not enjoying, there are a lot of things going on on that man's head right now, I hope they find a resolution soon or this might get uglier than Melo-Lbj situation.

And it doesn't help that coach Jerry Sloan just became a martyr at utah, and him being pictured as the one who brought the guillotine.

Squad13
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM

:facepalm: Really?

Squad13
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
This isn't a story, this could be said for any nba player in the league. "sources say _______ wants to go to ________"

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-21-2011, 12:10 PM
for some reason i forsee Deron replacing Fisher in LA