PDA

View Full Version : Dunk Contest Format Should Be Changed

xabial
02-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Champion, shouldnt be decided by the fans. Fans are too stupid to vote I.E. the same fans who voted Allen Iverson as an all-star a year or two back. They see a car and Kenny Hyping up the crowd and go. "Woo a car, and its Blake Griffin He Deserves to win". Its Ridiculous.

Mcgee's Two Ball Dunk on two different Rims was SICK, I think Reggie said he thinks Mcgee's the only person in the world who could do that, and he was the first dunker in the history of the slam dunk contest to dunk three balls, and probably the first to dunk two balls on two different Rims. My opinion is Mcgee should've won followed by DeRosan and Ibaka (2nd Dunk attempt on Teddy Bear perk cost him some momentum+points) or Griffin.

They should tally three dunks, and add all three dunks, with the winner decided by his highest score of all three combined. You should win based on all three dunks; Your overall performance. So if your last dunk is a downer, it doesn't cost you the crown, if your first two dunks were Epic. That was the case with Mcgee.

Do you agree?

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-20-2011, 02:54 AM
i agree your just being a hater..haha

but no i kinda do agree...but not with your 1-4...mcgee should have won but griffin would of had second... derosan .s dunks sucked balls man.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-20-2011, 02:55 AM
I think McGee should have won still.

I don't think Blake should have even gone to the finals.

blastmasta26
02-20-2011, 02:59 AM
I would want 2 things to change: drop fan voting and take away the dunk clock. Make it so you have to make it on your first attempt, with one replacement per round. I doubt the NBA will revert to letting judges decide the outcome completely since fan participation equals better ratings, but I would prefer it that way. And all the misses lessen the impact of the actual dunk, removing the ability to try multiple times adds pressure.

Stroke
02-20-2011, 03:00 AM

but no i kinda do agree...but not with your 1-4...mcgee should have won but griffin would of had second... derosan .s dunks sucked balls man.

Not the seconds one, that was the best in the contest.

xabial
02-20-2011, 03:04 AM
Not the seconds one, that was the best in the contest.

Lets just agree to disagree people this was one of the tightest Slam Dunk contests ever...

McGee should have won!

TRUTH-TELLER
02-20-2011, 03:12 AM
raise the hoop 1 foot for the contest. lets see who has the real vertical skills

Raps18-19 Champ
02-20-2011, 03:22 AM
raise the hoop 1 foot for the contest. lets see who has the real vertical skills

Then mostly big men and tall wings are going to be in the contest.

Probably players under 6'6" won't be able to dunk or they can dunk but won't be able to stay in the air long enough to do tricks.

Shareeb_omac2
02-20-2011, 03:26 AM
My preferred format...
-At least 6 dunkers competing
-5 judges
-Score should be from 1-10 with fractional scores(some dunks are better than 9 but not perfect so scores like 9.5 would really narrow down clear winners)
-3 chances per dunk
-No lobs or assists from other players. Only the dunker should be allowed to have contact with the ball.
-No props

Raps18-19 Champ
02-20-2011, 03:28 AM
My preferred format...
-At least 6 dunkers competing
-5 judges
-Score should be from 1-10 with fractional scores(some dunks are better than 9 but not perfect so scores like 9.5 would really narrow down clear winners)
-3 chances per dunk
-No lobs or assists from other players. Only the dunker should be allowed to have contact with the ball.

Assist and lobs add more flare to it.

Having no one else touch the ball limits the dunks you can do.

knightstemplar
02-20-2011, 03:32 AM
it is what it is dude

Raph12
02-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Change everything...

MDfootball36
02-20-2011, 03:36 AM
You can tell Griffin was going to win its in LA the Clippers need something to feel good about... The judges of course were going to get him into the finals and once I heard that the fan voted the winner it was clear it was going to be Griffin.

EdGein812
02-20-2011, 03:55 AM
Champion, shouldnt be decided by the fans. Fans are too stupid to vote I.E. the same fans who voted Allen Iverson as an all-star a year or two back. They see a car and Kenny Hyping up the crowd and go. "Woo a car, and its Blake Griffin He Deserves to win". Its Ridiculous.

Mcgee's Two Ball Dunk on two different Rims was SICK, I think Reggie said he thinks Mcgee's the only person in the world who could do that, and he was the first dunker in the history of the slam dunk contest to dunk three balls, and probably the first to dunk two balls on two different Rims. My opinion is Mcgee should've won followed by DeRosan and Ibaka (2nd Dunk attempt on Teddy Bear perk cost him some momentum+points) or Griffin.

They should tally three dunks, and add all three dunks, with the winner decided by his highest score of all three combined. You should win based on all three dunks; Your overall performance. So if your last dunk is a downer, it doesn't cost you the crown, if your first two dunks were Epic. That was the case with Mcgee.

Do you agree?

For one Reggie Miller was being facetious; he was like that the entire time just trying to add hype to the festivities. It was sweet but I guarantee others in the league can do it. It wasn't the skill that was great in my opinion, but more the creativity of it.

And two, it took him like 10 attempts to pull it off.

It was still sweet but...

EdGein812
02-20-2011, 04:00 AM
I think it was Griffin's 3rd dunk, where he did the 360, if he would of pulled it off his first or second attempt it would have been so much sweeter. He twisted with the ball more or something, but the final dunk that went in had much less on it. The first two he really attacked and whipped his body around like; not sure how to describe it. You guys know what I'm talking about? It would have been so much better if he would have killed it like he meant to.

Gram
02-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I think judges should be the only voters.

Niro
02-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Yes, Fans shouldnt decide the Champion, Winner should win based on judge voting of all three dunks

infernoscurse
02-20-2011, 11:54 AM
slam dunk contest has become as boring as the mlb homerun derby

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-20-2011, 11:54 AM
remove bias towards players and it should be OK.

goose15
02-20-2011, 12:03 PM
fans should vote for the contestins..

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Dunk clock is stupid. Dunking is all about making it. I say you get 2 tries per round. So if you miss the first one then you get one more.

Funny... Griffin wouldn't have made the finals then.

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
fans should vote for the contestins..

Players won't accept. Players were probably laughing at Griffin when he brought out the choir.

Also smh at the celebs who were jumping up and down after Griffin's car dunk. Come on Spike Lee....

JWO35
02-20-2011, 12:12 PM
So everyone thinks the Refs rigged it to get Blake into the finals, so what do you think they will do in the Finals...People will never be satisfied with the Dunk Contest because its just sure opinion(and everyone's opinion is different) unlike the 3pt contest & Skills challenge.