PDA

View Full Version : Who's the better franchise player? Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, or Dwight Howard?

FOBolous
02-19-2011, 10:49 PM
If Kevin Love, Blake Griffine, and Dwight Howard all entered the league at the same time and were all the same age...who would you choose as your franchise player and why?

something to note...both Griffin and Love are better than Dwight Howard when Dwight Howard was at the same point in his career.

barreleffact
02-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Seriously, I have had enough of this! Every year Dwight becomes more and more INCREDIBLY underrated. He anchors a top 5 defense every year. He rebounds and scores at a high efficiency. He blocks 2-3 per game. Maybe most importantly HE's ONLY MISSED 5 GAMES IN HIS CAREER! Dwight is a rare and special player, and it kills me how little respect he receives(and yes I do realize that Love and Griffin are very god players in their own rights but cmon).

heathonater
02-19-2011, 11:00 PM
dwight howard easily. by far the best defender out of the three and his durability for a center is outstanding. dwight is easily the best center in the league right now, and neither love nor griffin are the best pfs in the league.

Khalifa21
02-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Dwight comfortably... Guy has led his team to the NBA finals and is a top 5 player in the NBA.

JordansBulls
02-19-2011, 11:09 PM
No contest here.

FOBolous
02-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Seriously, I have had enough of this! Every year Dwight becomes more and more INCREDIBLY underrated. He anchors a top 5 defense every year. He rebounds and scores at a high efficiency. He blocks 2-3 per game. Maybe most importantly HE's ONLY MISSED 5 GAMES IN HIS CAREER! Dwight is a rare and special player, and it kills me how little respect he receives(and yes I do realize that Love and Griffin are very god players in their own rights but cmon).

maybe he gets so little respect because his stats are relatively average compared to all the other great centers in NBA history. All other great Centers...hakeem, david robinson, shaq, kareem...all averaged close to 30 pts during their primes. even centers that are not as good as the "greats," like patrick ewing, averaged over 25 pts during their primes.

Jazz Bear
02-20-2011, 12:27 AM
right now blake griffin

Hellcrooner
02-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Mmm
Franchise player = Player that can LEAD a team to playoffs.

Howard has already been there done that?

Love? Griffin? How bout we wait until they actually do LEAD the team to playoffs to apply the franchise tag?

Cano4prez
02-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Dwight and it's not close

Driven
02-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Blake Griffin is almost 22 years old and will be making $7 million two years from now. Dwight is 26 and will be making $19 million two years from now. I understand that both will be max contracts once their current deal is over, but for now, Griffin is the better value. Two years from now, I think Griffin will be a better player, as well.

Griffin is also more of a star. Well, maybe not yet, but he will be. He'll bring a team more money than Howard will.

I'd take Yao Ming a few years ago over Dwight Howard for the same reason. He makes the Rockets a **** load of money and extended their fan base. Although that is to a much different degree, obviously.

Driven
02-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Mmm
Franchise player = Player that can LEAD a team to playoffs.

Howard has already been there done that?

Love? Griffin? How bout we wait until they actually do LEAD the team to playoffs to apply the franchise tag?
I guess people did learn their lesson when Aaron Rodgers was elite before he won a Super Bowl. Or a playoff game.

You can be elite before you win.

Gators123
02-20-2011, 12:34 AM
Dwight

Blake

Love

Sixerlover
02-20-2011, 12:36 AM
LOL Seriously?

Dwight by a mile.

Jewelz0376
02-20-2011, 12:37 AM
there isn't even a debate on this...d12

lakersrock
02-20-2011, 12:37 AM
Blake can't shoot or play defense.

Love gets garbage points and isn't a superstar.

Dwight plays great defense and when it matters is a super rebounding machine.

I'd easily take Dwight and it's not even close.

(Not to mention Love is undersized and will eventually lose his athleticism and Blake has already had knee surgery.)

Jewelz0376
02-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Idk whats worse...that this is actually a question or that 4 people actually didnt vote for d12

Driven
02-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Sorry, didn't see that age or money shouldn't factor into the poll.

THE GIPPER
02-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Well i voted blake cuz im only comparing blakes rookie year to dwights cuz dwights already been in the league for a while so obviously dwight is the more complete player right now

Kenny
02-20-2011, 12:41 AM
Griffin isn't in Dwights class and Love isn't close to either of them. Love is a glorified David Lee

DwayneMVPwade
02-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Dwight Howard. Please end the Thread

freedas
02-20-2011, 12:49 AM
no debate, dwight all the way

goose15
02-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Howard.. no contest

twin4life
02-20-2011, 01:01 AM
I would take Dwight as of right now, but you can't take anything away from Love or Blake. Look at Dwights team.. then look at the Wolves or Clippers. There is a big difference in leading your team to the playoffs and having a good team and getting to the playoffs. Take the Wolves for example. Who do they have?? Love is the "superstar" of the Wolves. If you want to think he is a garbage stat man look again. You don't just average those numbers on accident. He is chasing Moses for the double double record! Once Michael Beasley is healthy and Wes gets comfotable and if Rubio comes over the Wolves will be better then. If Love doesnt average a double double then you cna call his stats garbage. He could be a guy to build a team around. Blake is the same way. He IS a SUPERSTAR already just because of his gameplay. He also doesnt have a Dwight team.. yet. Let these guys grow into their teams before you ask a question "who would you want as a franchise player?" Dwight has grown in his and is older than the other two. Ask this question again in 2 or 3 years.

stlbest5in2013
02-20-2011, 01:18 AM
anyone who said anyone other then d-12 obviously is not a fan of the nba

Anilyzer
02-20-2011, 01:27 AM
K Love not in that conversation.

It should be Blake, Lebron, Dwight

Bruno
02-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Gotta go Dwight Howard until proven otherwise.

The dude took a team with Turk and Rashard Lewis as the 2nd and 3rd best players to the Finals for christ-sakes.

TrueFan420
02-20-2011, 01:46 AM
I would take Dwight as of right now, but you can't take anything away from Love or Blake. Look at Dwights team.. then look at the Wolves or Clippers. There is a big difference in leading your team to the playoffs and having a good team and getting to the playoffs. Take the Wolves for example. Who do they have?? Love is the "superstar" of the Wolves. If you want to think he is a garbage stat man look again. You don't just average those numbers on accident. He is chasing Moses for the double double record! Once Michael Beasley is healthy and Wes gets comfotable and if Rubio comes over the Wolves will be better then. If Love doesnt average a double double then you cna call his stats garbage. He could be a guy to build a team around. Blake is the same way. He IS a SUPERSTAR already just because of his gameplay. He also doesnt have a Dwight team.. yet. Let these guys grow into their teams before you ask a question "who would you want as a franchise player?" Dwight has grown in his and is older than the other two. Ask this question again in 2 or 3 years.

this

FOBolous
02-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Idk whats worse...that this is actually a question or that 4 people actually didnt vote for d12

well to both Blake Griffin and Kevin's Love cerdit...they're both doing better...A LOT better than Dwight Howard when Dwight Howard was at the same point of their career.

It took d12 4 years before he averaged 20 pts a game. D12 only averaged 12 pts during his rookie season. This is Griffin's first year and he's ALREADY averaging more points than D12's career high.

Same thing with Love...Love is averaging 21 pts in his 3rd year in the league. Howard averaged only 18 pts when he was a 3rd year player.

SportsAndrew25
02-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Dwight Howard. He is great all around and he carried a team to an NBA Final. He has my vote.

kimchi'sworld
02-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Howard's the obvious choice now because he's playing on and is the main reason his team's a contender, but the Clipp will be competing as contenders when they get healthy and Griffin and Eric Gordon continue to develop their game. Love's T'Wolves got a ways to go

MagicBucsSox
02-20-2011, 03:57 AM
id choose Dwight over any player in the league just like phil jackson said. any other player by a mile, no one does what he does with as little as he does. id consider lbj but DH is the most irreplaceable in the league

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 04:01 AM
Why is Love on the list? I don't want to blame his team's success (lack of) on him, but you can't call a guy who has a terrible team record a franchise player.

Same with Griffin (although hes technically a rookie). TBH I haven't seen him take over games yet, he is still lacking in late game situations (don't give me 3 examples and make it a case).

Dwight Howard = My Pick

MagicBucsSox
02-20-2011, 04:06 AM
lmao howard is in a thread with Love & griffin. next thread will be asking who's the best center in the game or better yet " javele mcgee or dwight" threads

NokomisLiving
02-20-2011, 04:07 AM
Blake can't shoot or play defense.

Love gets garbage points and isn't a superstar.

Dwight plays great defense and when it matters is a super rebounding machine.

I'd easily take Dwight and it's not even close.

(Not to mention Love is undersized and will eventually lose his athleticism and Blake has already had knee surgery.)

:facepalm: Blah blah garbage points, blah blah he's making history, whatever you say about Love. Loves never been athletic anyways, don't get that line at all. Love= Rebounding machine. And a double :facepalm::facepalm: to whoever said he was a glorified David Lee. Now after all thats said, I'd take Dwight. It's much harder to find a player of his calibur at his position bottom line.( Btw Love shoots over 40 percent from 3 land while leading in rebounding and shooting 88 percent from the stripe, dare you to find another PF to do that)

NokomisLiving
02-20-2011, 04:09 AM
And even though I'm a homer, notice I still did pick D12. And actually I would probably pick Griffin as a close second but I like all three of those players, and they all are great players. :)

SaveTheKnicks
02-20-2011, 04:15 AM
Was This A Trick Question ?

Raph12
02-20-2011, 04:18 AM
So Blake gets a few nice dunks this season and suddenly he's better than Dwight? Wow stupidest question ever, especially considering Dwight's only 4 years older than Blake and 3 years older than Love.

Easily Dwight, it isn't anywhere near close and Dwight's constant improvements in his game will keep it that way.

drobe86
02-20-2011, 04:57 AM
this thread is dumb. There are currently 4 superstars in the nba... Dwight is one of them.. Is there even a ? These 2 players aren't on the same planet is D Howard.... Nuff said

John Walls Era
02-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Dwight Howard with a 40 pound ankle weight on each leg is still better than them. I never thought I would defend Dwight, but his improved post game is making me like him.

UnWantedTheory
02-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Even if Love & Griff had more time in the league with more accomplishments, I would still say D Howard. Love & Griff are highly overrated atm. Only time will tell how good they will be. Neither are true franchise players yet. Aren't they both 22-23?

UnWantedTheory
02-20-2011, 05:09 AM
:facepalm: Blah blah garbage points, blah blah he's making history, whatever you say about Love. Loves never been athletic anyways, don't get that line at all. Love= Rebounding machine. And a double :facepalm::facepalm: to whoever said he was a glorified David Lee. Now after all thats said, I'd take Dwight. It's much harder to find a player of his calibur at his position bottom line.( Btw Love shoots over 40 percent from 3 land while leading in rebounding and shooting 88 percent from the stripe, dare you to find another PF to do that)

^

twin4life
02-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Even if Love & Griff had more time in the league with more accomplishments, I would still say D Howard. Love & Griff are highly overrated atm. Only time will tell how good they will be. Neither are true franchise players yet. Aren't they both 22-23?

Highly overrated?? I have NO idea how you can say putting up highlight dunk after highlight is overrated, OR how chasing Moses record on double doubles is overrated. IF them two are overrated then.... I don't even know what to say....