PDA

View Full Version : If Melo goes to NY, What seed do yall see the Knicks ending with?

LTBaByyy
02-19-2011, 07:44 PM
I still see them staying with the 6th seed and are equal to the Hawks even with Melo

He is a top 10 player in the NBA but I honestly dont see him turning a franchise into a contender

Am I wrong?

Celtics
Heat
Bulls
Magic
Hawks

acehole
02-19-2011, 07:48 PM
i see this ending with a lock

mjqusoldier
02-19-2011, 07:51 PM
yea i would say thats about accurate but were a much more dangerous team with Melo and if we add Cp or Deron in 2012 we are serious title contenders. There is only 30 games left so it would be tough to get that 5 spot but next year we can be a top 4 team in the East.

Kashmir13579
02-19-2011, 07:52 PM
the real question is where will they end next year. there isn't enough time left for them to groove and make a serious push in the standings.

210Don
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM

justinnum1
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
3-6 bulls knicks first round matchup should be good

beasted86
02-19-2011, 08:00 PM
They are still 6 games behind a very good Hawks team.

Even with Melo I don't see them realistically rising above that same 6th spot.

knicks09
02-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I say 4-6. Keep in mind that Azubuike is getting closer to his return

csenoner
02-19-2011, 08:11 PM
I still see them staying with the 6th seed and are equal to the Hawks even with Melo

He is a top 10 player in the NBA but I honestly dont see him turning a franchise into a contender

Am I wrong?

Celtics
Heat
Bulls
Magic
Hawks

Its so funny how everyone wants to hate. The fact is amare and melo are 2 of the top 10 players in the nba. they would arguably make the best duo in the nba.

Yet this team wouldnt even be a contender?? hilarious.

I realize they wont be contending for the best record in the east, but they will be the team no one wants to play in the first round.

No one will want to be the 3 seed.

Sure there will be chemistry issues to work out, but to say that melo isnt enough to make the knicks contenders is just hate. They would have the potential to come out of the east even without homecourt advantage.

everyone is on the bulls bandwagon and thinks they are legit. well the knicks have beat them twice without melo. add him to the mix and i see no reason the knicks cant beat the bulls, magic, hawks...

The celtics are the only team in the east I'd be afraid to play.

bklynny67
02-19-2011, 08:12 PM
too far behind the next seed. we probably stay at 6 and meet the Bulls in a very good 1st round matchup. i think they could win a playoff series as the 6th seed this year if they get Melo. i think a Bulls Knicks matchup will go 7 games in this scenario. Can't wait!

obcha22
02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
I think the chemistry will hurt us at first. As good as he is, I think the first at least ten games or so will be strange for everyone. We would essentially be changing 3 or our 5 starters including our PG (who has had an all-star caliber season thus far)with 25 games left this season. I don't see them gelling very well. i think they will push too much. As good as Melo and Amare could be, i don't think it will make a difference this year. I say still the 7 0r 8 seed. With that said, if they make the playoffs, all bets are off. Who knows what they could do.
What i don't get, is why would Melo even consider Jersey when they would gut their entire team for him. He'd be worse off there than in Denver and for a few years.

Stroke
02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
5th or 4th

RZZZA
02-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Knicks will get scary 1 or 2 seasons from now imo

justinnum1
02-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Its so funny how everyone wants to hate. The fact is amare and melo are 2 of the top 10 players in the nba. they would arguably make the best duo in the nba.

I realize they wont be contending for the best record in the east, but they will be the team no one wants to play in the first round.

Sure there will be chemistry issues to work out, but to say that melo isnt enough to make the knicks contenders is just hate. They would have the potential to come out of the east even without homecourt advantage.

everyone is on the bulls bandwagon and thinks they are legit. well the knicks have beat them twice without melo. add him to the mix and i see no reason the knicks cant beat the bulls, magic, hawks...

:facepalm:

210Don
02-19-2011, 08:20 PM
knicks fans are almost as bad as heat fans when the knicks were winning it was crazy around here with knick fans.
they will be back.....

THE GIPPER
They'll be really good. Better than the hawks imo.

kjoke
they cant really improve this year IMO, but next yaer maybe a 4th seed idk, lets wait till the trade actually happens tho

kjoke
knicks fans are almost as bad as heat fans when the knicks were winning it was crazy around here with knick fans.
they will be back.....

but spurs fans are the worst

abe_froman
02-19-2011, 08:21 PM
stay the same i'm betting.they're trading away value so its not like its all/only gravy thats being poured onto the current team,there will be some time to adjust to new system and teammates and its not like the 1-5th seeds will just suddenly stop winning games.

they're .500 right now and taking what i said into account its unrealistic to think they'd go on that dominant of a run to over take anyone ...but it'd make for a tougher out in the playoffs

210Don
02-19-2011, 08:22 PM
but spurs fans are the worst

lmao yea right our conglomerate isnt big enough to cause a stir in the nba forum.

Crackadalic
02-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Pretty much depends on who is leaving our team. Even with the propose deal its still not final which players are leaving so again it depends.

Flash3
02-19-2011, 08:33 PM

lebron , wade ?? theres no arguing on that subject.

Flash3
02-19-2011, 08:35 PM
they will be back.....

i don't think this site was up when that was happening :D lol/jk

but seriously you're very annoying

210Don
02-19-2011, 08:38 PM
i don't think this site was up when that was happening :D lol/jk

but seriously you're very annoying

earlier this season......
you are too i mean your a heat fan, oh and your a stalker

5ass
02-19-2011, 08:38 PM

Am I wrong?

Celtics
Heat
Bulls
Magic
Hawks

u know thats exactly what i thought when i read the title.. 5-6 seed between them and the hawks.. next year they could make a run for seeds 1-4 though (ok maybe not 1 or 2 but still).. it all depends on the roster and coaching

smith&wesson
02-19-2011, 08:47 PM
they will finish 5-6th this season

next season they can finish anywhere from 3rd to 5th seed. you guys may think its not much but thats a big step for the knicks since they were last relevant in the ewing era.

the only teams that will clearly be better then them are miami and boston. but bostons getting old i dont know if they will continue to be as dominant in the next few seasons.

i think the knicks will be right up there with the bulls and competing with the bulls for the 3rd seed next season. doesnt mean they will get it, but i think thats what they will be competing for.

YoungOne
02-19-2011, 08:51 PM
with melo they get another scorer but I dont think that would improve them as much because scoring wasnt their problem...
for example if u put melo on the bucks they would improve because scoring is their problem
but for the knicks getting melo is like the celtics getting tyson chandler, it would help but it wont make them lose there weaknesses.

SteBO
02-19-2011, 08:52 PM
u know thats exactly what i thought when i read the title.. 5-6 seed between them and the hawks.. next year they could make a run for seeds 1-4 though (ok maybe not 1 or 2 but still).. it all depends on the roster and coaching
The Knicks won't win squat with Mike Danphony as the coach. If they can get a defensive minded coach, along with Melo & Chauncey with what they have, they have a shot at the three seed, depending on what they can get their hands on this summer.

THE GIPPER
02-19-2011, 08:54 PM
with melo they get another scorer but I dont think that would improve them as much because scoring wasnt their problem...
for example if u put melo on the bucks they would improve because scoring is their problem
but for the knicks getting melo is like the celtics getting tyson chandler, it would help but it wont make them lose there weaknesses.

Thats actually a good point but atleast they would have ARGUABLY the best closer in the nba

MelanconMadness
02-19-2011, 08:57 PM
They wont advance in the standings, its too late to make up ground on the Hawks. But seeding is meaningless since with Melo, they are better than a 6 seed. They are a 4 seed team, in the 6th spot. The real question should be what theyre seed will be next season

Bulls/Knicks in the first round will without a doubt be the best matchup, possibly in the entire playoffs.

kjdills13
02-19-2011, 09:00 PM
I hate the Knicks but with the addition of melo, they have 2 of the most untouchable scorers in the game. When amare is the BEST offensive PF in the game and MELO is the BEST or 1a 1b scorers in the NBA with Durant. Then lebron 3rd. But the Knicks having 2 guys that when on CANNOT be stopped is dangerous. I know wade and lebron and bosh are better. BUT in the playoffs its a seven game series and i would NOT WANT to play a team in which 2 players could score 80 of there points. The knicks also have some players that would spread the floor well. It will be interesting but if the knicks get melo I see them losing in the Semi's, but would not be suprised to see an upset and see the Knicks in the East finals

allday823
02-19-2011, 09:01 PM

Am I wrong?

Celtics
Heat
Bulls
Magic
Hawks

Maybe by himself he can't, but him and amare can. Billups is gonna wanna play with 2 stars. Fields fits like a glove in that line up and mozgov is only getting better.

xxcubs22xx
02-19-2011, 09:05 PM
They wont advance in the standings, its too late to make up ground on the Hawks. But seeding is meaningless since with Melo, they are better than a 6 seed. They are a 4 seed team, in the 6th spot. The real question should be what theyre seed will be next season

Bulls/Knicks in the first round will without a doubt be the best matchup, possibly in the entire playoffs.

I disagree. There's no way of knowing that. The Knicks are 2 games over .500 right now, that's definitely not better than a 6 seed. You can't say they will win more games because they will get Melo. Their defense will suffer, and chemistry will be restarted on a clean slate. It will take time.

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 09:13 PM
In all honesty, I don't think this trade makes the Knicks much better than people think. I think they still stay behind Atlanta, because ATL is up like 6 games and there are only like 30 games remaining. Melo and Amare are NOT two of the top 10 players in the NBA. These might be two of the top scorers and not playmakers. They don't play defense and don't make their teammates much better. You look at the top teams in the NBA, and most of them have an all-star/elite PG or Center, none of which the Knicks have. The defense of Amare and Mosgov/Turiaf won't cut it against the bigs in the playoffs especially with D'Antoni as coach.

We've seen Melo play with another player who needs the ball to be effective (Iverson). Now, even though Amare is a big, he is another player who dominates the ball. The surrounding cast at Denver was also better at the time with Martin (although not as good as Amare) and Nene who is better than any center on New Yorks roster.

gotoHcarolina52
02-19-2011, 09:15 PM
ZOMG Melo and Amar'e and Danilo. ZOMG. Smothering defense. ZOMG da best team in da east. ZOMG Knicks ZOMG Came my pants. ZOMG

LTBaByyy
02-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I hate the Knicks but with the addition of melo, they have 2 of the most untouchable scorers in the game. When amare is the BEST offensive PF in the game and MELO is the BEST or 1a 1b scorers in the NBA with Durant. Then lebron 3rd. But the Knicks having 2 guys that when on CANNOT be stopped is dangerous. I know wade and lebron and bosh are better. BUT in the playoffs its a seven game series and i would NOT WANT to play a team in which 2 players could score 80 of there points. The knicks also have some players that would spread the floor well. It will be interesting but if the knicks get melo I see them losing in the Semi's, but would not be suprised to see an upset and see the Knicks in the East finals

:laugh:

Ummm Dirk is the best offensive PF and best PF in the game

Dirk passes, shoots the 3, post up, fade away, shoots off the glass

beasted86
02-19-2011, 09:22 PM
MELO is the BEST or 1a 1b scorers in the NBA with Durant. Then lebron 3rd.

Why do you think Carmelo is a better scorer than LeBron?

He has a lower career average at a lower FG%, and that's despite him playing on a fast paced Denver team his entire career, and LeBron on a slower paced team his entire career.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2011, 09:24 PM
our defense is the same. Our offense Gets better. Even though we score a lot we still need the offense. We cant score against the super defensive teams. We are getting tired and losing to everyone of late. We had a nice win against the hawks before the break but we were playing bad ball. Melo can help a lot. Melo has the abilty Key word abilty to play defense. If he Puts his mind to it he can be a great defender. Anybody with his talent can play defense. We are a way better team with melo. I say we are still a 6 seed though this year because chemstry will take a while and we are what like 6 games out of the 5 seed and like 7 away from the 4 so I think 6, Bulls or heat vs Ny is going to be exicting?

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Why do you think Carmelo is a better scorer than LeBron?

He has a lower career average at a lower FG%, and that's despite him playing on a fast paced Denver team his entire career, and LeBron on a slower paced team his entire career.

Melo and durant is a better scorer then lebron. No where near Lebron overall but They are better scorers. LEbron is more effictive when he is scoring 20 rebounding and assisting. playing great D. IF he does that his team wins. If melo scores 20 His team loses.

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 09:30 PM
And for everyone saying a Chicago matchup will favor New York, in all honesty I think they are better off playing Orlando or even Miami.

Look closely at the position matchups with Chicago.

Rose > Felton
Bogans = Fields
Deng < Carmelo
Boozer < Amare
Noah > Mosgov/Turiaf

The thing is Rose/Noah vs Felton(Billups)/Mosgov matchup is won heavily by Chicago. Deng is a great defender and capable of containing (not shutting down) Carmelo. Boozer and Amare are similar players but Amare will take this matchup even though Boozer is the better rebounder.

As for Orlando, sure they have Dwight but the rest of the team is struggling now.

And for Miami, this will be a great matchup because they are also weak at PG and C. The Carmelo/Lebron and Bosh/Amare matchup is exciting because all are capable of going off for 40. Wade is miles ahead of Fields, but Fields can contain Wade again.

Felton/Billups > whoever Miami starts
Fields and Wade
Carmelo and Lebron
Amare and Bosh
Turiaf/Mosgov = Joel Anthony

I don't know but if I were Chicago this is my choices my teams.

1. Orlando
2. Miami
3. Chicago
4. Boston

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Fields is better then bogans

Slimsim
they will be back.....

we are more loyal than heats fans

beasted86
Melo and durant is a better scorer then lebron. No where near Lebron overall but They are better scorers. LEbron is more effictive when he is scoring 20 rebounding and assisting. playing great D. IF he does that his team wins. If melo scores 20 His team loses.

Like I just asked, why would Carmelo be a better scorer than LeBron shooting a lower FG%, and playing in a fast paced offense?

At least with Durant I'd guess people would say he can get to the FT just as good as LeBron, but shoot from the outside way better. Carmelo on the other hand has a lower FG% and 3PT% for his career. And the worst part is I haven't even gotten into the huge discrepancy between how many field goals they are assisted on over their career. Guys like LeBron create everything for themselves only getting assisted on 25-27% of their shots per season, while Anthony has pretty much been 50% or higher most of his career.

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
our defense is the same. Our offense Gets better. Even though we score a lot we still need the offense. We cant score against the super defensive teams. We are getting tired and losing to everyone of late. We had a nice win against the hawks before the break but we were playing bad ball. Melo can help a lot. Melo has the abilty Key word abilty to play defense. If he Puts his mind to it he can be a great defender. Anybody with his talent can play defense. We are a way better team with melo. I say we are still a 6 seed though this year because chemstry will take a while and we are what like 6 games out of the 5 seed and like 7 away from the 4 so I think 6, Bulls or heat vs Ny is going to be exicting?

That is not saying much as almost anyone can play above average defense in the NBA if they wanted to. That is just like saying "I can do anything I want. Nothing is impossible." Such a general saying thrown around too often. If Melo hasn't played good defense the past 7 years, what makes you think he wants to all of a sudden turn it on now?

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2011, 09:34 PM
Like I just asked, why would Carmelo be a better scorer than LeBron shooting a lower FG%, and playing in a fast paced offense?

At least with Durant I'd guess people would say he can get to the FT just as good as LeBron, but shoot from the outside way better. Carmelo on the other hand has a lower FG% and 3PT% for his career. And the worst part is I haven't even gotten into the huge discrepancy between how many field goals they are assisted on over their career. Guys like LeBron create everything for themselves only getting assisted on 25-27% of their shots per season, while Anthony has pretty much been 50% or higher most of his career.

He is a better shooter.you cant always look at fg percentage. LEbron gets to the hoop better. Melo is a better ft shooter no?

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2011, 09:36 PM
That is not saying much as almost anyone can play above average defense in the NBA if they wanted to. That is just like saying "I can do anything I want. Nothing is impossible." Such a general saying thrown around too often. If Melo hasn't played good defense the past 7 years, what makes you think he wants to all of a sudden turn it on now?

In the playoffs he made kobe work. He also brings to us he makes Your man work. Like for instance the heat Lebron is going to have to work and get tired

beasted86
02-19-2011, 09:38 PM
He is a better shooter.you cant always look at fg percentage. LEbron gets to the hoop better. Melo is a better ft shooter no?

If he's supposedly a better shooter, yet consistently shoots a worse FG% & 3PT%, then he just has a much worse IQ....

... which still leads to a reason of him not being as good a scorer.

posterized
02-19-2011, 09:39 PM

I dont think people are hating, they are just stating the facts. Yeah the knicks will improve with the addition of anthony and they wont be the easiest team to beat, but keep in mind they are not getting him for free and ultimately they are not a legit contender this year. You even have to take into consideration that its midway into the season with about 30 games left, if it was the beginning of the season they would have played 54 games together that changes the dynamic of a team.
The bulls are a different story. They have more depth, and a SOLID starting 5 (when Noah gets back). So what the knicks beat the bulls twice this season but who has the better record?
And frankly your not going to win games (especially playoff games) solely on offense...Both Melo and Amare have both been criticized on their defense.

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2011, 09:40 PM
If he's supposedly a better shooter, yet consistently shoots a worse FG% & 3PT%, then he just has a much worse IQ....

... which still leads to a reason of him not being as good a scorer.

Im not sure, IMO he is abetter scorer. Better piremter shooter and better efficenty.

MelanconMadness
02-19-2011, 09:42 PM
I disagree. There's no way of knowing that. The Knicks are 2 games over .500 right now, that's definitely not better than a 6 seed. You can't say they will win more games because they will get Melo. Their defense will suffer, and chemistry will be restarted on a clean slate. It will take time.

Of course you disagree your a bulls fan. Your not going agree about a team possibly being better than yours. If you think that the knicks are still a team that is only capable of being a 42-40ish team WITH Melo, then you really are a complete homer. Yes it will take time for chemistry to kick in, but with the talent and the remaining schedule they have, being better than 2 games over .500 is completely realistic

Bucks (21-34)
@Cavs (10-46)
@Heat (41-15)
@Magic (36-21)
Hornets (33-25)
Cavs (10-46)
@Hawks (34-21)
Jazz (31-26)
@Grizz (31-26)
@Mavs (40-16)
Pacers (24-30)
@Pacers (24-30)
Grizz (31-26)
@Pistons (21-36)
@Bucks (21-34)
Celtics (40-14)
Magic (36-21)
Bucks (21-34)
@Bobcats (24-32)
Magic (36-21)
Nets (17-40)
Cavs (10-46)
Raptors (15-41)
@76ers (27-29)
@Nets (17-40)
@Pacers (24-30)
Bulls (38-16)
@Celtics (40-14)

753-810 combine record of remaining schedule

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 09:45 PM
In the playoffs he made kobe work. He also brings to us he makes Your man work. Like for instance the heat Lebron is going to have to work and get tired

Kobe averaged 34 a game in the 2009 WCF with 2 40 point games...I don't see how making someone work is playing defense. You can make your man work or make them tired, but if they keep scoring, it does nothing.

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Im not sure, IMO he is abetter scorer. Better piremter shooter and better efficenty.

Carmelo is not more efficient than Lebron.

Lebron is #1 at 26.56 PER.
Carmelo is #22 at 21.49 PER.

5 points is a HUGE difference

xxplayerxx23
02-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Carmelo is not more efficient than Lebron.

Lebron is #1 at 26.56 PER.
Carmelo is #22 at 21.49 PER.

5 points is a HUGE difference

thats this year? Everyone says he is a better scorr all these Anyslts to. I Know he is a betetr piertmer shooter then lebron

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 09:55 PM
thats this year? Everyone says he is a better scorr all these Anyslts to. I Know he is a betetr piertmer shooter then lebron

yep thats this year

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

Bornknick73
02-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I see them staying where they are at. 6th. But a comfortable 6th not a sliding 6th right now we are sliding.

White_Mike
02-19-2011, 10:02 PM
And for everyone saying a Chicago matchup will favor New York, in all honesty I think they are better off playing Orlando or even Miami.

Rose > Felton
Bogans = Fields
Deng < Carmelo
Boozer < Amare
Noah > Mosgov/Turiaf

The thing is Rose/Noah vs Felton(Billups)/Mosgov matchup is won heavily by Chicago. Deng is a great defender and capable of containing (not shutting down) Carmelo. Boozer and Amare are similar players but Amare will take this matchup even though Boozer is the better rebounder.

As for Orlando, sure they have Dwight but the rest of the team is struggling now.

And for Miami, this will be a great matchup because they are also weak at PG and C. The Carmelo/Lebron and Bosh/Amare matchup is exciting because all are capable of going off for 40. Wade is miles ahead of Fields, but Fields can contain Wade again.

Fields and Wade
Carmelo and Lebron
Amare and Bosh

1. Orlando
2. Miami
3. Chicago
4. Boston
Chicago fans don't agree with that.

Khalifa21
02-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Probably still 6th, but next year will be a lot more interesting...

Dade County
02-19-2011, 10:09 PM

I don't think they will be able to beat the Magic, but the others on your list, yeah.

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Fields might be slightly better than Bogans, but at the same time, he's not the type of player to exploit that matchup against Bogans. Bogans will hold his own defensively against Fields and Fields will do the same against Bogans. Only thing is Fields is a lot better rebounder than Bogans.

oldfishermen
02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Melo is a good player, but not an elite player. He requires a lot of shots to make his stats.. Because of this, the Knicks will be a good team and make the playoffs. However, they will never be championship contender with Melo. They “may” eventually move up one or two spots in the rankings.

I believe trading for Melo is about his ability to generate more revenue for the Knicks than the players he is trade for.. Making money for the team is his value. Not going far in the playoffs.

beasted86
02-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Wade is miles ahead of Fields, but Fields can contain Wade again.

In what imaginary world?

In the 3 games against the Knicks, Wade is averaging 33.3 PPG, 11.0 REB, 4.0 AST on 50% FG, and that's all despite shooting a putrid 65% from the FT line.

By no stretch of the definition can Landry Fields "contain" Wade.

sf-fanatic
02-19-2011, 10:21 PM
In what imaginary world?

In the 3 games against the Knicks, Wade is averaging 33.3 PPG, 11.0 REB, 4.0 AST on 50% FG, and that's all despite shooting a putrid 65% from the FT line.

By no stretch of the definition can Landry Fields "contain" Wade.

Nvm, haha I didnt even notice that, but at the same time that is only 3 games. I still think Fields can hold Wade under 30 though.

The BodyGuard °
02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
1. Bulls
2. Celtics
3. Heats
4. Magic
5. Knicks
6. Hawks
7. ?
8. ?

beasted86
02-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Nvm, haha I didnt even notice that, but at the same time that is only 3 games. I still think Fields can hold Wade under 30 though.

Sorry bruh, that's a really hard sell on that one. Wade hasn't even kicked it into playoff mode yet.

Last year he averaged 33.2 PPG, 5.6 REB, 6.8 AST on 56% FG against a stingy Celtics defense and he had no help on his team offensively. I wouldn't bet on Landry Fields being anything more than a punching bag being a rookie in the playoffs.

kjdills13
02-19-2011, 10:26 PM

ask any analyst and ask anybody thats not bias. Yes the stats say Lebron is BAIRLY better but you have to remember that Lebron gets alot of points in transition running the point forward and on put backs. When i mean a better offensive player i mean in a half court set. Lebron is a much better player but melo is a better scorer.

The BodyGuard °
02-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Of topic, But Thabo Sefo can :)

^ Okc

beasted86
02-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Of topic, But Thabo Sefo can :)

^ Okc

Can what?

beasted86
02-19-2011, 10:32 PM
ask any analyst and ask anybody thats not bias. Yes the stats say Lebron is BAIRLY better but you have to remember that Lebron gets alot of points in transition running the point forward and on put backs. When i mean a better offensive player i mean in a half court set. Lebron is a much better player but melo is a better scorer.

I just told you how big of a difference in pace, and how much Carmelo gets assisted on field goals, and you say he's better in the half court?

Okay.

Knicks21
02-19-2011, 10:35 PM
I expect us to be around 5th seed, i expect final season standings to be.
Miami
Celtics
Bulls
Magic
Hawks
Knicks
?
?

It may be hard for the knicks to catch the hawks this season, but i feel they are a better team with melo.

dominater6192
02-19-2011, 10:44 PM
everyone who says carmelo is a better scorer than lebron is dumb. he may be a better shooter but honestly lebron is a pt forward he feels his duty is to set up his teammates, if he focused entirely on scoring he'd average 35 a game no one can stop him, and i dont like lebron but he is superior to just about everyone. Stop being stupid people lebron can and will exploit carmelo in any match up.

dominater6192
02-19-2011, 10:49 PM

Honestly knicks fans are so ignorant if you beat a good team without a star player u can call it rewarding but its no indication bout the playoffs and it doesn't reflect the real talent. Knicks play NO Defense, Bulls do if Knicks play BUlls with Noah and Boozer healthy they win in 4-5 easily.

The Dream
02-19-2011, 11:00 PM
they will be back.....

coming from a freaking spurs fan

kjdills13
02-20-2011, 01:18 AM
I just told you how big of a difference in pace, and how much Carmelo gets assisted on field goals, and you say he's better in the half court?

Okay.

just because you say something doesnt make it true. I could tell you that the sky turned green today but that doesnt make it true. I think any body would agree with me when i say that Lebron gets and has gotten with the cavs more fast break oppertunities and run outs than melo. Melo does not play point forward so he doesnt get the ball after a rebound to push the floor that is chauncy. So Melo is there HALF COURT GO TO GO! and he is one of the top 2 half court scorers in the NBA thats my opinion that some people share and heat fans dont share.

el_primo_nano
02-20-2011, 03:12 PM
They could get the fourth or fifth. They would be better than the Hawks, I can tell you that much

Albrecht Duerer
02-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I expect us to be around 5th seed, i expect final season standings to be.
Miami
Celtics
Bulls
Magic
Hawks
Knicks
?
?

It may be hard for the knicks to catch the hawks this season, but i feel they are a better team with melo.

You have them listed at 6. I know you said around 5.

guyver
02-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Am I wrong?

Celtics
Heat
Bulls
Magic
Hawks

I agree. I see him making us a tough out in the playoffs paired up with Stat and attracting more players next year such as CP3/Deron Williams and D. Howard!!! As for this year 5 or 6 seed tops!!! Next year with them playing a full season maybe 3 or 4 depending on how they gel together but they will be tough either way!!!

Kashmir13579
02-20-2011, 03:29 PM
:laugh:

Ummm Dirk is the best offensive PF and best PF in the game

Dirk passes, shoots the 3, post up, fade away, shoots off the glass
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=nowitdi01&y1=2011&p2=stoudam01&y2=2011

they are not as far apart as you may think. Amar'e wins a few categories, as does Dirk. i'm not gonna sit here and say Amar'e is better, but i don't get why the :laugh:; you like the mavs, of course you think Dirk is better.

bball is all
02-20-2011, 05:43 PM
If this were the ABA from years ago the Melo Knicks would do well in a shoot out, but it ain't and they are gonna have a problem stopping other teams.

My prediction is instead of 2 games above .500 they are 10 games above .500 with Melo and perenial first round foder. Amare needed a better point guard and good center, not a scoring 3 in Melo who doesn't play D. Result is a minor upgrade for a major price. But it is glitzy.

Knicks21
02-20-2011, 06:05 PM

Rose > Felton
Bogans = Fields
Deng < Carmelo
Boozer < Amare
Noah > Mosgov/Turiaf

Fields and Wade
Carmelo and Lebron
Amare and Bosh

1. Orlando
2. Miami
3. Chicago
4. Boston

Fields is 10 times better than Bogans and you know it, ask a bull fan who they would rather have.

Knicks21
02-20-2011, 06:08 PM
You have them listed at 6. I know you said around 5.

Yeah i said that i where i expect them to be, but it may be to hard to catch the hawks this season. My bad if i sound confusing.

killbumdeluxe13
02-20-2011, 06:18 PM
an early playoff exit because they gutted their depth to get him......

VinceCarter
02-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Its so funny how everyone wants to hate. The fact is amare and melo are 2 of the top 10 players in the nba.

I stopped reading right about there :laugh:

Amare top 10? Melo is like top 6 or 7.....

NYKnicks4511
02-20-2011, 06:58 PM
[/B]

Take 2 players at each position, PG, SG, SF, PF, C. I'd say it's definitely not a stretch to call Amar'e and Melo top 10 players.

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2011, 06:59 PM
[/B]

Um no Melo is around 10 and amare is like 12 13 so You can stop laughing. Is there a net inside the top 40

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Take 2 players at each position, PG, SG, SF, PF, C. I'd say it's definitely not a stretch to call Amar'e and Melo top 10 players.

If you do it that way Melo isnt in the top 10 Lebron and Durant are better then Melo

hdxstunts1
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
taking away what their giving up and putting in what they're getting, i still say Knicks only get the 6th seed and finish 4-6 games over .500 at best!

Albrecht Duerer
02-20-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=nowitdi01&y1=2011&p2=stoudam01&y2=2011

they are not as far apart as you may think. Amar'e wins a few categories, as does Dirk. i'm not gonna sit here and say Amar'e is better, but i don't get why the :laugh:; you like the mavs, of course you think Dirk is better.

Dirk is better than Amare. Dirk's 3 pt shooting is a huge asset.

stlbest5in2013
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
yea i would say thats about accurate but were a much more dangerous team with Melo and if we add Cp or Deron in 2012 we are serious title contenders. There is only 30 games left so it would be tough to get that 5 spot but next year we can be a top 4 team in the East.

until you get a coach that wants the team to play defense and rebound, the knicks will never win a championship even with all the stars they can get.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
until you get a coach that wants the team to play defense and rebound, the knicks will never win a championship even with all the stars they can get.

This.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Fields is 10 times better than Bogans and you know it, ask a bull fan who they would rather have.

Ya that was dumb Fields is a way better player and he'd be a perfect fit on our team. Knicks would be stupid to include him in the Melo trade. With that said, I think we're gonna be adding a SG before Thursday, at least I hope.

Vincent
02-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Chicago fans don't agree with that.

No fan should agree with that.

Muttman73
02-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Best bet is 6, then playoff dissapointment

210Don
02-20-2011, 07:56 PM
melo is not a top 10 nba player? if hes not idk what is lmao

todu82
02-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I think they go to 5th in the East if they do get Melo.

DITKA4GOV
02-20-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm taking fields over bogans anyday. I'm taking current bulls team with coach over what Knicks may have once memo deal is completed everytime. Knicks fans can have fun with the high scoring no defense having team that will disappoint every year in the playoffs. I do like the idea of the Knicks being a decent team again... it adds substance to the east
. Just defensively they will be horrendous... they better go after Paul to add legitimacy to at least the point on d.

flimflamman
02-20-2011, 08:19 PM
The Knicks if they make this trade actually become a better offensive team than they are currently. The Knicks would be more of a half court offense, which they are not right now. Currently the Knicks score a great deal on outside threes but other than Amare they have no one to reliably throw the ball into to get a needed basket.
If the trade goes down they still will score on fast break points, but perhaps less now since Felton was often a one man fast break, but can settle in and hold the ball for a called play to Melo.
The pick and roll game will increase with Amare and Anthony and open three point shots will be more abundant with shooters like Bill Walker, S WIlliams, and Landry Fields taking advantage. Big key is can be Kelena Azaubuike if he can come back and contribute like he was able to a few seasons ago.
Questian is what the Knicks can do to improve over the offseason in way of back up, guards and big men. The Knicks need a sixth man as well.

blahblahyoutoo
02-20-2011, 08:36 PM
lebron , wade ?? theres no arguing on that subject.

never heard of them. who are they?

Prince_Karl315
02-20-2011, 08:37 PM
lmao at you people who don't think they'll be scsry this season..like a few people said already u have 2 of top 10 players inthe nba on the same team..n Melo is said to be the best offensive player in the nba..and if trade is made ur forgetting a big part that they also could have billups which is very very big..so 1st round playoffs tell me who on the bulls gonna guard melo? or tell me who in the magic? n please tell me we all remember that Melo torches lebron wen they face off n hes still got billups n now amare with him..smh too you ppl..but it should be 1 of the most interesting playoffs we ever seen..the heat 3 appearence..magic new team..age less celtics..n i like okc with 1 yr of playoff experince in the west

flimflamman
02-20-2011, 08:48 PM
THe Knicks by the fact they have two such talented players make the other players better. Fields has been great for the team already imagine him now with Amare and Anthony ! Mosgov is a pick and roll menace now, going hard to the rim. Billups, Walker, Williams will be camped out behind the three point line. Plus I can't help imagine a smaller deal coming off after the Melo deal to aquire either a back up pg or a veteran big man to mix it up in the paint. The Knicks you would want to face them in the first round after this deal ? I don't think anyone would want that- not anyone in the East.

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2011, 08:54 PM
THe Knicks by the fact they have two such talented players make the other players better. Fields has been great for the team already imagine him now with Amare and Anthony ! Mosgov is a pick and roll menace now, going hard to the rim. Billups, Walker, Williams will be camped out behind the three point line. Plus I can't help imagine a smaller deal coming off after the Melo deal to aquire either a back up pg or a veteran big man to mix it up in the paint. The Knicks you would want to face them in the first round after this deal ? I don't think anyone would want that- not anyone in the East.

There rumored to get telifer annd sheldon williams too. They also are looking at a defensive center But the guy on the site said theyll take billups melo and Telifer.

xxplayerxx23
02-20-2011, 08:58 PM
lmao at you people who don't think they'll be scsry this season..like a few people said already u have 2 of top 10 players inthe nba on the same team..n Melo is said to be the best offensive player in the nba..and if trade is made ur forgetting a big part that they also could have billups which is very very big..so 1st round playoffs tell me who on the bulls gonna guard melo? or tell me who in the magic? n please tell me we all remember that Melo torches lebron wen they face off n hes still got billups n now amare with him..smh too you ppl..but it should be 1 of the most interesting playoffs we ever seen..the heat 3 appearence..magic new team..age less celtics..n i like okc with 1 yr of playoff experince in the west

Um Bro If miami is having trouble with these teams what makes u think The knicks can beat The celtics/bulls/magic. They have two top5 players and a top 15 20 player as their third option. its ganna take a long time for chemstry to. Next year is where we should be dangours.

ne3xchamps
02-20-2011, 09:05 PM

agreed, not this year, but definitely next year with one of those guys.

AddiX
02-20-2011, 09:07 PM
How does Billups, Melo, and Amare not make us a better team?

I don't think were title contenders yet. But that 3 is definitely a team you don't want to see in the first round.

MSU4life
02-20-2011, 09:13 PM
i wouldnt want to face them in the playoffs if im a top 3 team

kyubi256
02-20-2011, 09:39 PM
They will still be 6th seed IMO if they get Carmelo. But they'd be dangerous when the playoffs come...

Um Bro If miami is having trouble with these teams what makes u think The knicks can beat The celtics/bulls/magic. They have two top5 players and a top 15 20 player as their third option. its ganna take a long time for chemstry to. Next year is where we should be dangours.

Because they beat the Bulls twice already?

blahblahyoutoo
02-20-2011, 09:43 PM
right where they are now. and same thing for next season, barring any significant changes to other eastern conference teams.

carmelo isn't the missing piece the knicks need.

JasonJohnHorn
02-20-2011, 09:45 PM
If the Knicks do get Melo, they will be gutting their team and tanking their chemistry.

If this move is made, it will be a two-steps-back-one-step-forward thing. They will get worse before they get better. I'm not saying the should or shouldnt make the move, just that it will deplete what depth they have, and while it will give them two of the best players in the game, neither player is the best at their position, and they wont have the pieces around them to make a run in the playoffs. They will depend heavily on picking up somebody in the draft, and in free agency.

However, if they stay the course, and force Denver's hand, they may very well still sign Melo in the offseason. If Melo wants to play in NY, he knows he just needs to be patient, shoot down any extensions, and sign with the team without having to gut their roster. And if he doesnt go there in the offseason, they can use their cap space to sign somebody else. Then with Garliani and Felton, they can try to push for a D-Will or CP3 trade when those teams are looking at losing their players to free agency next season.

kyubi256
02-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Knicks are only 2 games over .500... I don't see what this "great chemistry"... We went from like 8-10 games over to just 2...

It won't be gutting anything

IBleedPurple
02-21-2011, 12:32 AM
6th.....could drop to 7th

effen5
02-21-2011, 12:52 AM

It really isn't that scary.

You go from a good offensive team, to a really good offensive team. Woopie.

You don't improve defense or any other aspects of the game except offense.

SportsAndrew25
02-21-2011, 01:27 AM
They will probably be a 6th to 8th place team.

Oldmantrash
02-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Melo,Amare,Billups.

That's one nice trio to build around,I doubt they do much this year,but if they can get a center,who can play d and rebound,they'll be awfull good.
Tough match for anyone.(especially if they keep Fields)

It kills me to say that,but it's realistic,not hating.

xabial
02-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Hate is amazing.. You have Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire on the same team with Chauncey Billups running the Point, and people say Knicks Can finish 8th in the weak *** East. Pure Hate

TheShock45
02-21-2011, 02:13 AM
The Knicks in one of the worst collapses in history finish in 9th place and just miss the playoffs due to trading away there whole team for Melo.

TheShock45
02-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Hate is amazing.. You have Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire on the same team with Chauncey Billups running the Point, and people say Knicks Can finish 8th in the weak *** East. Pure Hate

Doesn't chauncey want a buy out no matter what? If he stays then there the reason they make it in the playoffs but if he gets a buyout, Melo, Amare and nobody else in D'Antoni's system may get them outed. Sorry dude, but atleast you'll have two great pieces to build around for next year..unless theres a lockout.

effen5
02-21-2011, 02:25 AM
Chauncy is too old to play in Dantonis system anyway.

THE MTL
02-21-2011, 02:36 AM
It depends on how much of a team we have. If we give up as much as DEN trying to get then we might be a worse team.

effen5
02-21-2011, 02:38 AM
It depends on how much of a team we have. If we give up as much as DEN trying to get then we might be a worse team.

exactly, and its going to take a year or two to sign/draft players to fill those roles again.

xabial
02-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Doesn't chauncey want a buy out no matter what? If he stays then there the reason they make it in the playoffs but if he gets a buyout, Melo, Amare and nobody else in D'Antoni's system may get them outed. Sorry dude, but atleast you'll have two great pieces to build around for next year..unless theres a lockout.

Chauncey wants a buyout if traded to the Nets, because the logical assumption is he doesnt want to finish his career in ***** Newark. Wrong.

He was thinking about a buyout because he wanted his $14.2M Team Option picked up next year and the Nets assured him they would pick it up.

With the Knicks that wont be a problem, because If the Knicks Exercise Chauncey Billups $14.2M Team Option Next year Billups Becomes a valuable $14.2M Expiring Contract right before the summer of 2012, including Ronny Turiaf picking up his $4.3M Player Option, and Toney Douglas's $2M Team Option declined thats over $19,000,000 in Expiring Contracts For the Summer of Dwight, Deron, or Cp3.

Make No Mistake Chauncey will Finish his career in NY if Carmelo gets traded.

effen5
02-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Chauncey wants a buyout if traded to the Nets, because the logical assumption is he doesnt want to finish his career in ***** Newark. Wrong.

He was thinking about a buyout because he wanted his $14.2M Team Option picked up next year and the Nets assured him they would pick it up.

With the Knicks that wont be a problem, because If the Knicks Exercise Chauncey Billups $14.2M Team Option Next year Billups Becomes a valuable $14.2M Expiring Contract right before the summer of 2012, including Ronny Turiaf picking up his $4.3M Player Option, and Toney Douglas's $2M Team Option declined thats over $19,000,000 in Expiring Contracts For the Summer of Dwight, Deron, or Cp3.

Make No Mistake Chauncey will Finish his career in NY if Carmelo gets traded.

This is from a month ago.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/568100-chauncey-billups-intends-to-end-his-career-in-denver

He wants a buy out because he doesn't want to leave Denver, he wants to finish his career at home.

xabial
02-21-2011, 02:57 AM
This is from a month ago.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/568100-chauncey-billups-intends-to-end-his-career-in-denver

He wants a buy out because he doesn't want to leave Denver, he wants to finish his career at home.

Almost got me worried, until i saw Bleacher Reports.

I read a couple of months ago (too lazy to search for link) that he was worried about his $14.2M Team option not being picked up Next year, and Nets reassured him if the Trade went through they would pick up his option. I believe that source more then Bleacher Reports.

Nobody knows anything, still think he finishes his career in NY.

AntiG
02-21-2011, 02:59 AM
probably worse. Giving away basically everyone meaningful other than Amare and then having the replacement point guard probably demanding and getting a buyout will leave the team basically barren. It'd be Amare, Melo and a bunch of third stringers and then hoping to sign a couple of the vet players that are bought out to fill out the roster (but most likely would not successfully get too many because they would be competing with better teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, etc.

effen5
02-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Almost got me worried, until i saw Bleacher Reports.

I read a couple of months ago (too lazy to search for link) that he was worried about his $14.2M Team option not being picked up Next year, and Nets reassured him if the Trade went through they would pick up his option. I believe that source more then Bleacher Reports.

Nobody knows anything, still think he finishes his career in NY.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-billupstrade010811

“His position is steadfast,” said Andy Miller, Billups’ agent. “I talked to him after practice [Saturday] and he expressed those thoughts. He doesn’t want to go anywhere. Even if it were a rebuilding situation, he’d prefer to be in Denver.”

also from a month ago.

xabial
02-21-2011, 03:02 AM
probably worse. Giving away basically everyone meaningful other than Amare and then having the replacement point guard probably demanding and getting a buyout will leave the team basically barren. It'd be Amare, Melo and a bunch of third stringers and then hoping to sign a couple of the vet players that are bought out to fill out the roster (but most likely would not successfully get too many because they would be competing with better teams like the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, etc.

Nobody is saying Chauncey wants to get bought out. That report was over a month ago. Chauncey doesn't have to get bought out, unless he feels like giving away more than $27M on the table.

Their most likely offer if Carmelo refuses to sign with the nets and Nuggets accept the Knicks "Final Offer"...

PG-Chauncey Billups
SG-Landry Fields
SF-Carmelo Anthony
PF-Amar'e Stoudemire
C-Timofey Mosgov.

Not Bad

AntiG
02-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Nobody is saying Chauncey wants to get bought out. That report was a month ago.

Their most likely offer if Carmelo refuses to sign with the nets...

PG-Chauncey Billups
SG-Landry Fields
SF-Carmelo Anthony
PF-Amar'e Stoudemire
C-Timofey Mosgov.

Not Bad

Denver is demanding Mosgov in the deal. See above for the statement by Billups' agent. He wants to retire a Nugget. It is his hometown and he does not want to leave.

xabial
02-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Denver is demanding Mosgov in the deal. See above for the statement by Billups' agent. He wants to retire a Nugget. It is his hometown and he does not want to leave.

Nobody knows anything still think he plays out his contract with NY.

mttwlsn16
02-21-2011, 03:12 AM
the real question is where will they end next year. there isn't enough time left for them to groove and make a serious push in the standings.

this

go clippers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steelers23_06
02-21-2011, 03:15 AM
you guys are wayyy off topic lol

1. heat
2. celts
3. chitown
4. magic
5. knicks

NYYCowboys
02-21-2011, 03:26 AM
1.Celtics
2.Bulls
3.Heat
4.Magic
5.Knicks
6.Hawks
7.76ers
8.Pacers

jtsunami
02-21-2011, 10:36 AM
The Knicks are going to be scary with a worse defense than they already have. I look forward to seeing Amare and Melo play defense like bullfighters. Ole!

Heater4life
02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Knicks finish 4th. Forget them being "gutted", there going to have Melo on their team. Look at the Magic, they've had really good role players over the years but without a dynamic scorer to take it to the basket at will they KNOW they cant get over the hump.

nycericanguy
02-21-2011, 11:26 AM
some of you guys are silly, do u really think NY even considers this deal only to buyout Billups and have no PG? Theres ZERO chance of that.

people are bringing up quotes from 2 months ago when Billups thought he was going to NJ, big difference, and in fact his agent backed off those comments later and said Billups would ok it if they picked up his option for next year which of course NY will do.

jtsunami
02-21-2011, 11:38 AM
The Magic went to the NBA Finals.

THE GIPPER
02-21-2011, 11:51 AM
1.Celtics
2.Bulls
3.Heat
4.Magic
5.Knicks
6.Hawks
7.76ers
8.Pacers

If magic/knicks play in the first round it'll be an awesome first round series

ragee

How can that be hate? Have you seen the Heat during the start of the season? Do note that they had the offseason to build chemistry... If you think Amare and Melo belongs to the top 10, Lebron (top 1 or two) and Wade (top 4 because my top 3 is Dwight :D) are way better... Add that to the fact that they are going to trade off players that has been important to them this season (Felton, Galo, Chandler and even Mozgov) and that will really make it hard for them to make a large impact this year... Sure, anything can happen but I do believe the benefits of them getting Melo will not be seen until the next season...

Minimal
Same 6th spot

Atownballa5
02-21-2011, 11:57 AM

neither of them play defense, even announcers last night were saying they may not be good together

Create
02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
3 to 6.

Madtown22
02-21-2011, 12:10 PM
4 or 5

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2011, 12:22 PM
still going to be the 6th seed this year. They are not going to make up 6 games on Atlanta (unless ATL tanks). They need to wait and get him in FA if they want their future to be as good as it can be. That way they still still have tradeable assets + melo & Stout. If they trade now, they have nothing in terms of tradeable assets nor cap space after Melo's extention to get better.

rcal10
02-21-2011, 12:25 PM
The knicks will stay 6th in the conference with Melo and Amare. And they will be 5th or 6th next year as well. I do not see how Melo and Amare can be considered top 10 players. IMO neither is a top 10 player. Maybe top 10 offensively, but neither plays defense. Personally I think they will not be good together. Plus they will not have anyone else to go with them. They do not have enough to be better than the Heat, the Magic or the Bulls next year. And if Boston can get another year out of their veteran team they will be better as well. I do see them having a chance to be better than Atlanta, however.