PDA

View Full Version : Will Vince Carter make the Hall of Fame one day?

LTBaByyy
02-18-2011, 05:26 PM
8x All Star
2x All NBA
2x Gold USA team member
Rookie of the Year
Career season avg: 23 pts, 4 ast, 5 reb
Career playoffs avg: 23 pts, 4.5, 6 reb

Best memory: Literally jumped over a opposing 7 foot player while dunking on him during the olympics

tangent12
02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Nah. He's been slacking most of his career and with the kind of talent he has he shouldn't have.

truplayer199
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Little to no chance of that happening.

LTBaByyy
02-18-2011, 05:34 PM
That's funny that yall say no without looking at his resume!

But yall are quick to say Reggie Miller is a first ballot lock, when VC had better stats and better achievments individually than Reggie

I'm just saying

nickdymez
02-18-2011, 05:38 PM

But yall are quick to say Reggie Miller is a first ballot lock, when VC had better stats and better achievments individually than Reggie

I'm just saying

your outta your mind

tangent12
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
How many titles has he won?

How many MVPs has he won?

He's not a winner, end of. Plus, the guy was incredibly talented and he let it go to waste. Just like his second cousin, the guy was a lazy slacker who'd only show up whenever he felt like it. That's not a HOFer, he's not HOFer material.

smith&wesson
02-18-2011, 05:41 PM
yes as the best dunker of all time.

BranWingss
02-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Little to no chance of that happening.

And you say this because.... ?

LTBaByyy
02-18-2011, 05:50 PM

He's not a winner, end of. Plus, the guy was incredibly talented and he let it go to waste. Just like his second cousin, the guy was a lazy slacker who'd only show up whenever he felt like it. That's not a HOFer, he's not HOFer material.

So you have to win a title or MVP???

I guess you don't like Jason Kidd making the HOF then.

I'm just saying if you look at every NBA Franchise, their greatest player of all time for each franchise is in the HOF or will make the HOF.

I think the Raptors greatest player of all time (Vince Carter) will make it one day. He obviously has the stats and achievements

I didnt say the first year eligible to make it, but some day he will

Ty Fast
02-18-2011, 05:52 PM
maybe if he gets a ring

AddiX
02-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Vince has been on nothing but losing teams his whole career. With his athletic ability and having Jason Kidd, VC should of been one of the best players in the NBA.

The guy simple does not make his teams any better. No way on HOF.

JordansBulls
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
I say yes because he actually scored 50 in a playoff game. Not many guys have done that. Only Dirk, Iverson and Kobe in the 2000's with Iverson having 3, Dirk 1, Kobe 1 and Vince 1.

thekmp211
02-18-2011, 05:57 PM
yes, vince definitely gets in.

thekmp211
02-18-2011, 05:58 PM
your outta your mind

how so? vince has had an all-around better career than reggie. reggie played on some great teams, vince played on the raptors and nets.

LTBaByyy
02-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Thank you!!!! The smart people are starting to come in

He wasn't just dunks. Look at his resume and game film! Especially in his prime

championships
02-18-2011, 06:11 PM
He's just not HOF material. He could have been If he didn't waste his talents and take games off even though He was actually in them. There is alot of players big numbers not in the HOF. Vince just never developed into a leader of his team.

GoatMilk
02-18-2011, 06:12 PM
I say yes because he actually scored 50 in a playoff game. Not many guys have done that. Only Dirk, Iverson and Kobe in the 2000's with Iverson having 3, Dirk 1, Kobe 1 and Vince 1.
Sleepy Floyd once scored 50 in a playoff game

IamKaiserSoze
02-18-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm just saying

carter wasn't in reggie miller's league. miller was considered to be the best shot in the nba. this is when jordan was playing.

JordansBulls
02-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Sleepy Floyd once scored 50 in a playoff game

Was he an 8x allstar or even 5x allstar?

GoatMilk
02-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Was he an 8x allstar or even 5x allstar?

Jack Sikma was a 7 time all-star and not in the HOF

BlueJayFanDan
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
If he can put up like 4 or 5 really good seasons to end his career and win some championships he has a a remote chance.

apocalypse15
02-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Carter and McGrady were in Toronto before Bosh but if the Raptors could have kept all 3 over a long run they could of had something special. Seems like they let a star blossom then find a way to let them go. I am sure there it wasn't all that simple but you get the idea.

Whether Carter gets in or not "MOST" people will remember his name. His dunks in the 2000 dunk contest were nothing short of amazing. He played on sub-par teams (without checking season standings).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-18-2011, 06:54 PM
hell no

Bruno
02-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I think Vince gets in, eventually.

For comparisons sake, Reggie Miller, who has a much better resume than VC was just passed up upon in his first year of eligibility.

whitemamba33
02-18-2011, 06:58 PM
No. Not a chance. He hasn't left enough of a mark on the game, and the later half of his career has been far from impressive. Not to mention he is going to be remembered for his troubles in Toronto and basically quitting on them.

Brewhouse94
02-18-2011, 07:15 PM
No. Not a chance. He hasn't left enough of a mark on the game, and the later half of his career has been far from impressive. Not to mention he is going to be remembered for his troubles in Toronto and basically quitting on them.

This....

The guy quit on his team how many HOF have come out and said they didn't try there hardest every night. There's a reason hes always been on crappy teams..... Karma!

theQuietOne
02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
man this guy was exciting to watch but I do not see him in the HOF.

thekmp211
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM

Vince has been on nothing but losing teams his whole career. With his athletic ability and having Jason Kidd, VC should of been one of the best players in the NBA.

The guy simple does not make his teams any better. No way on HOF.

He's just not HOF material. He could have been If he didn't waste his talents and take games off even though He was actually in them. There is alot of players big numbers not in the HOF. Vince just never developed into a leader of his team.

carter wasn't in reggie miller's league. miller was considered to be the best shot in the nba. this is when jordan was playing.

This....

The guy quit on his team how many HOF have come out and said they didn't try there hardest every night. There's a reason hes always been on crappy teams..... Karma!

christ. you simply cannot sit here and argue reggie miller's HoF credentials, and then turn around and say vince can't get in because of nebulous competitiveness issues. his teams, even in jersey with j-kidd (who by the way has never won ANYTHING, dont hear the criticism) were never good. its pretty remarkable that he took that raptors squad deep in the playoffs at all.

peep the comparison.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=cartevi01&y1=2011&p2=millere01&y2=2005

then take into account his team usa credentials, college popularity, and title as the best dunker of all time. keep in mind it is the basketball hall of fame, non-NBA accomplishments must be considered.

if you want to argue the credentials needed thats one thing, but ya'll need to remember what it takes to get into the hall. not a ton. VC is a 23.5 ppg career scorer. in.