PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin on Jimmy Kimmel

Mochalman
02-18-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RizLDzvoZHg

Anyone watch this? Skip to about 1:45 mark. Where he shows the tv ad. Dont want this to be bait or anything but Griffin didn't really sound like he wanted to be a Clipper for life.

Chronz
02-18-2011, 01:11 PM
LOL what makes you think that?

Mochalman
02-18-2011, 01:13 PM

Just his reaction and he couldn't come up with a good response. :laugh2:

BigBlueCrew
02-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Its just Jimmy Kimmel trying to start stuff. I dont think Blake was thinking about jetting the Clippers.

SeoulBeatz
02-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Well i wouldn't be surprised if Blake left. Obviously not anytime soon, but maybe in a few years or so.

Clippers will always be L.A's OTHER team so I'm sure Blake wants to go to another team where he can get his shine on.

Chronz
02-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Just his reaction and he couldn't come up with a good response. :laugh2:
I think your reading into nothing, sounds like he gave the right response and it was comedy. He has a subtle humor to him, its not like hes going to say yea Im a clipper for lyfe rah rah, that would be too fake and unfunny. No player knows their future especially a rookie. Blake has already commented on how he wants to rebuild the Clippers but if he cant do it then hes entitled to leave.

GodsSon
02-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Haven't you learned by now? The only team that matters in LA is the Lakers :cool: lol

Chronz
02-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Well i wouldn't be surprised if Blake left. Obviously not anytime soon, but maybe in a few years or so.

Clippers will always be L.A's OTHER team so I'm sure Blake wants to go to another team where he can get his shine on.

LOL are you being serious, being LA's other team is a better market to get your shine on than just about every other market in the league.

210Don
02-18-2011, 01:42 PM
yeah jimmy asked some bad questions made him look bad.

J-Relo
02-18-2011, 01:42 PM
LOL are you being serious, being LA's other team is a better market to get your shine on than just about every other market in the league.

if they aren't winning he may leave...

Raph12
02-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Ugh, so we're already talking about Griffin leaving, LOOK WHAT YOU DID LEBRON!!! lol

SeoulBeatz
02-18-2011, 01:50 PM

True, but when it's all said and done, i dont know if he wants his legacy to be as a clipper. And c'mon now, Blake can sell out a building on a drop of a dime. Just look at his reaction. He gets all nervous and unsure because I honestly don't think he wants to stay there. If he had a choice to be on the Clippers or say the Knicks, Lakers, Heat, or even Brooklyn Nets, I think he would bolt because he wouldn't have the share the spotlight with another team in L.A.

Geargo Wallace
02-18-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RizLDzvoZHg

Anyone watch this? Skip to about 1:45 mark. Where he shows the tv ad. Dont want this to be bait or anything but Griffin didn't really sound like he wanted to be a Clipper for life.

i didn't get that all.

Frrrrank!!!
02-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Pretty funny stuff. lol

Flash3
02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
lol this guys was so nervous

Chronz
02-18-2011, 02:41 PM
True, but when it's all said and done, i dont know if he wants his legacy to be as a clipper. And c'mon now, Blake can sell out a building on a drop of a dime. Just look at his reaction. He gets all nervous and unsure because I honestly don't think he wants to stay there. If he had a choice to be on the Clippers or say the Knicks, Lakers, Heat, or even Brooklyn Nets, I think he would bolt because he wouldn't have the share the spotlight with another team in L.A.
When its all said and done if he achieves his goal then his legacy will be secured, reviving a dead franchise is a helluva way to make a name for yourself that you do so in a huge market is just the icing on the cake and makes the list of potential suitors much smaller.

I saw his reaction and I dont see what you saw. LOL why would you talk about sharing the spotlight yet list the Nets as a potential team? Cmon bro, anyways he wouldnt go for the namesake, if he leaves LA it would be to create a contender. All things being equal the odds are high he stays in LA. Sharing the spotlight isnt a problem when that other team is the Lakers, if you can win more than the Lakers in their own city then it builds your rep up. Besides most of the teams you mentioned wont have the room to get him based on the current CBA and the money they have tied up.

Its much more likely that Blakes presence sparks other stars to join him in LA, like say Deron Williams.

Ripper Gein
02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
If the Knicks dont sign ANY big names till Blake becomes a Free Agent mark my words B.G WILL BE A KNICK!!! :rolleyes:

Rosh
02-18-2011, 03:17 PM
This isn't huge, but I agree with the OP. I don't blame Blake... While I would LOVE to see Griffin bring prominence to the Clips, I could see him not seeing future stability in LA, which is a shame.

John Walls Era
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Seems like he was joking around. But who knows..

John Walls Era
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Damn.... They're kidding about the sue-ing thing right? If so I would take those chances.

knightstemplar
02-18-2011, 05:25 PM
lol he said "is that real"

kylem4711
02-18-2011, 08:28 PM
he really didn't give him time to answer and just wanted to make fun of the clippers. its not like blake can say, oh yeah, im glad they did that. its an awkward thing to see for the first time.