PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies sign former Memphis Tiger Rodney Carney to 10 day contract

Jason44
02-18-2011, 04:52 AM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/feb/17/memphis-grizzlies-sign-former-tiger-rodney-carney/?partner=RSS

I like the signing. I think he is better at defense and shooting than Demarre Carrol. Thoughts?

m77s
02-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Not bad, but this shows we will continue to do NOTHING to fill gaping holes in our lineup, Our Best Player just went down, and we arent hearing any rumors that they are pursuing any replacements. We already hav no real backup to Rudy, No Consistent 3 point Threat, No Real Backup at Center.......you would think with OJ becoming expendable... that we would be more active trying to make a move to get someone to fill one of these other holes, or to get a SF.. Hopefully, I will be wrong, but gotta wait til next thursday to see, but i dont have any faith that we will do anything, and this move is a clear indicator that we wont.

J Falk
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Well first of all, I would never, ever complain about a former Tiger as athletic as Rodney Carney signing with the team. Second of all, looking at his stats there's an interesting number...his 3pt% this season has been .459%...this guy is 10 times better than Carroll...can't wait to see him in a Grizz jersey! And dude, T Allen, S Young, and Carney can play SF...we're str8..I agree we still need a better backup big man, but for now I say let's just see what happens...don't be a downer about a team with so much upside!!

MrfadeawayJB
02-19-2011, 12:17 AM
I guess this signing doesnt hurt....a guy like Rodney Carney is at least intriguing. I expect him to get a few looks during his 10-day contract, so i guess X. Henry's confidence is out the window by now

I Am Awesome-O
02-19-2011, 02:40 AM
I've always loved Rodney Carney. Glad to have him.

mzgrizz
02-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Terrific move. Might snatch some Tiger fans into some seats!!!

Deezy3
02-20-2011, 02:15 PM
yeah i love this signing

Jason44
02-20-2011, 03:26 PM
I wonder if we sign him the rest of the season, will one of our wing players be expendable?

J Falk
02-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Trade value for Young, Allen, and X Henry(not necessarily high, but since he's a rookie that's not getting minutes interest will be high) are high right now, so yes I'd say any of them along with Juice are probably going to get some attention before this trade deadline.

mzgrizz
02-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Doubt Young and Allen;especially TA, will go anywhere. We have TA for 3 years,I think.
X Henry must feel more odd man out than OJ right now. At least most of us are happy to get OJ back and X has been here (when he's not gimpy or holding out) all the time.