PDA

View Full Version : i love the 2 car break away

stlbest5in2013
02-18-2011, 02:06 AM
this is alot more entertaining then the 2 wide 43 car pack and no action.

i came to my position on the couch to watch a race. not a wreck, even tho i do enjoy the big one's but thats not what racing is for. racing is to race, not wreck each other, there is a thing called a demolition derby for that.

old school fans likely disagree with this new racing being better, but i dont know how, even the drivers like it better.

also at tracks where drafting is not used, it will be the same racing as always.

cars pull way out, then 2-3 laps ater here comes 2 with a head of steam, but out of nowhere a 2 car hook up comes and shoots by both of the other 2 car hook-ups. that is exciting

driving in circles is not a race, you dont see track runners line up 5 deep side by side and chill, they have their own lane and go all out from the start.------racing

MarkieMark48
02-18-2011, 11:33 PM
this is alot more entertaining then the 2 wide 43 car pack and no action.

i came to my position on the couch to watch a race. not a wreck, even tho i do enjoy the big one's but thats not what racing is for. racing is to race, not wreck each other, there is a thing called a demolition derby for that.

old school fans likely disagree with this new racing being better, but i dont know how, even the drivers like it better.

also at tracks where drafting is not used, it will be the same racing as always.

cars pull way out, then 2-3 laps ater here comes 2 with a head of steam, but out of nowhere a 2 car hook up comes and shoots by both of the other 2 car hook-ups. that is exciting

driving in circles is not a race, you dont see track runners line up 5 deep side by side and chill, they have their own lane and go all out from the start.------racing

In the first duel the top 4 cars (Newman, Hamlin, Ku. Busch, J-Mac) got in a line and pulled away at the end of the race. Drivers/Spotters/Whoever will eventually figure this out and just ride in a line for the majority of the race

stlbest5in2013
02-19-2011, 02:45 AM
booooooooo

NC_RaiderFan5
02-21-2011, 11:16 PM
In my mind it has pros and cons just like anything else. Rather than taking 25 cars out at a time (which they still had one with 15+), we're taking out 2 or 3 or 5 with numerous small wrecks (which drives up the caution lap totals). However, the racing towards the front of the pack is great, rather than seeing an 8 car line pull away from the pack and staying that way for 30 laps, there are actually 12 guys making lead changes and having legitimately exciting finishes. I thought it was a success and one of the best Daytona 500s in a while, with or without the upset win.