PDA

View Full Version : We are facing serious challenges from the Chinese sports producer "Peak"

young1989
02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
This morning I received an email from one of my friend, he attended a cocktail party held by a sports brand from China called Peak, I don't know if you've heard about this company, but my friend told me that he definitely felt threats.
I'm sure you're thinking if I got hit on my head, why shall a normal guy write an article about a small Chinese company who sells sneakers? just a small potato, who cares, am I right?
Yes, we have the great Nike, most of the players in the NBA has a check mark on their shoes. However, you know the all-star forward, Kevin Love, the guy got double "30"? D-Wright, the swingman from GSW, the L invite him to this year's 3 shooting contest? J-McGee, the explosive big man from Wizards, who will appear in the Slam Dunk contest? all of the 3 above signed shoe contracts with the Peak, they all attend the party.
Ladies and Gentleman, please stand up and your hat off, let's welcome the Peak to NBA, because they give our athletes and of course we common citizens another choice besides Nike and Adidas, we won't see only 2 monotonous logos on the floor, even on the All-Star floor. We always feel boing with our eyes filled with the 2 changeless logos, now the Peak brings its exciting red triangle to us, sounds good, huh?
If you think the Peak only signed those 3 guys then you make a very big mistake, as I know the great pg Jason Kidd and the ultimate defensive player Shane Battier all wears Peak's products.

That's really horrible, now I really agree the popular "China Threat Theory" deeply in my mind, go and take a look at some videos of Peak, it's definitely a big threat against our country's sports industry. Right now, not only in the military, economic and political area, even in the sports industry of which we are always proud, we are facing major challenges from the oriental.
Here is my friend's words:" I feel huge pressure that I've never experienced, you know in the party, when the Peak senior managers cheers 'Go West', I feel real threat, I can't even breath smoothly, I've never imagined such a powerful sports goods producer from China, they're going west, just like 200 years ago what our grandfathers did."

masalex1205
02-18-2011, 12:32 AM

Flash3
02-18-2011, 12:33 AM
not sure if bot

FLMeth06
02-18-2011, 12:36 AM
:shrug:

HoopsDrive
02-18-2011, 12:36 AM
It feels as though it was a Soviet who wrote this up :laugh2:

If you think the Peak only signed those 3 guys then you make a very big mistake, as I know the great pg Jason Kidd and the ultimate defensive player Shane Battier all wears Peak's products.

I feel huge pressure that I've never experienced, you know in the party, when the Peak senior managers cheers 'Go West', I feel real threat, I can't even breath smoothly, I've never imagined such a powerful sports goods producer from China, they're going west, just like 200 years ago what our grandfathers did.

Crackadalic
02-18-2011, 12:53 AM
:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

PurpleJesus
02-18-2011, 12:57 AM
please please mods, never close this thread, it needs to be up for everyone to enjoy

ZebraCity916
02-18-2011, 01:02 AM
In before the close.

beasted86
02-18-2011, 01:03 AM
It reads like it was translated by Google Translate or something.

Anilyzer
02-18-2011, 01:04 AM
This morning I received an email from one of my friend, he attended a cocktail party held by a sports brand from China called Peak, I don't know if you've heard about this company, but my friend told me that he definitely felt threats.
I'm sure you're thinking if I got hit on my head, why shall a normal guy write an article about a small Chinese company who sells sneakers? just a small potato, who cares, am I right?
Yes, we have the great Nike, most of the players in the NBA has a check mark on their shoes. However, you know the all-star forward, Kevin Love, the guy got double "30"? D-Wright, the swingman from GSW, the L invite him to this year's 3 shooting contest? J-McGee, the explosive big man from Wizards, who will appear in the Slam Dunk contest? all of the 3 above signed shoe contracts with the Peak, they all attend the party.
Ladies and Gentleman, please stand up and your hat off, let's welcome the Peak to NBA, because they give our athletes and of course we common citizens another choice besides Nike and Adidas, we won't see only 2 monotonous logos on the floor, even on the All-Star floor. We always feel boing with our eyes filled with the 2 changeless logos, now the Peak brings its exciting red triangle to us, sounds good, huh?

That's really horrible, now I really agree the popular "China Threat Theory" deeply in my mind, go and take a look at some videos of Peak, it's definitely a big threat against our country's sports industry. Right now, not only in the military, economic and political area, even in the sports industry of which we are always proud, we are facing major challenges from the oriental.
Here is my friend's words:" I feel huge pressure that I've never experienced, you know in the party, when the Peak senior managers cheers 'Go West', I feel real threat, I can't even breath smoothly, I've never imagined such a powerful sports goods producer from China, they're going west, just like 200 years ago what our grandfathers did."

are you trying to make "Peak" happen...?

Anilyzer
02-18-2011, 01:06 AM
anyways, who cares. Adidas and Nike outsource all their production to China, all their design and advertising to smaller companies and all their retailing to retail stores and internet affiliates. They are just brand names that we know about because of zillions of commercials that we'd rather not watch anyway.

so... ok. Peak, alright, ship some shoes over here wtf

Anilyzer
02-18-2011, 01:07 AM
HOLY CRAP!

Did you check out the "Peak" commercial? Jason Kidd talking Chinese in a freakin kimono

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrj4pXR7b3U

Anilyzer
02-18-2011, 01:08 AM
everytime I watch that commercial, I want to watch it again like an hour later

fadedmario
02-18-2011, 01:10 AM
craziness

_KB24_
02-18-2011, 01:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh5pqt1sM8w

Let me grab my double gauge and lets go after the bastards! :cool:

:laugh2:

tredigs
02-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Edit: Forget it. I won't start WWIII making fun of idiot marketers blathering in broken English with no budget to hire a translator.

Super.
02-18-2011, 01:13 AM
What is this i dont even

Jemikz9Clutch
02-18-2011, 01:19 AM
i still love my j's. whatever you're having, just pass it on.

Apophis
02-18-2011, 01:23 AM
GREAT READ!!!! :drunk:

MrfadeawayJB
02-18-2011, 01:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZoP4KkV1NI&feature=related

They dont really have too many NBA stars, just role players and players past thier prime lol

Reyes6
02-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Lol Mutombo SWAT.

Giantwarrior
02-18-2011, 01:56 AM
um who cares. they are just shoes.

tmacsc2
02-18-2011, 02:08 AM
They are not even good looking shoes!

LA_Raiders
02-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Buy American...

Duddy
02-18-2011, 03:06 AM
I wonder what this guy's second post was....

Hellcrooner
02-18-2011, 03:49 AM
meh, not worth the trouble probably.

Ray_R
02-18-2011, 08:37 AM
okay

ZebraCity916
02-18-2011, 08:39 AM
HOLY CRAP!

Did you check out the "Peak" commercial? Jason Kidd talking Chinese in a freakin kimono

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrj4pXR7b3U

:laugh:

Didn't know Landry was on the team too.

The Jokemaker
02-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Why is this news? No new company would open up here because guess what, Nike and Adidas have dominated it and pretty much made any potential competitors devoid of hope. It's only natural an overseas market came in. If people here didn't have their head up the ***** of big business maybe this wouldn't happen but until then it will.

Good for the guys who signed up with them, probably made more money than Nike would have given them.

ttam68
02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
This is clearly spam. How is it still open?

YankeeClipper5
02-18-2011, 10:41 AM
When are the new "Air Peak's" coming out?

Hellcrooner
02-18-2011, 11:14 AM
This is clearly spam. How is it still open?

thats what i wonder.