PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bulls a title contender??

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jewelz0376
02-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like too many people think the Bulls can actually go far besides maybe Bulls fans...I'm not a Bulls fan, but I feel like they could def win it all this year...Now i'm not saying they're a favorite, but i see them more of a threat than Orl..

They're only a couple games out of having the best record in the east and they really haven't had a healthy Booz and Noah together yet...and its not like Noah is a go to scorer who will take time to get his rhythm back...his presence will drastically improve they're team immediately because he's one of the best rebounding and defending bigs in the league...

I understand that everyone knows they're good, but are people sleeping on the bulls as a title contender??

MJ-BULLS
02-17-2011, 07:17 PM
I think we can win it all. if... a lot of stuff go our way. dark horse team.

If we get a real shooting guard in the process, that improves our chances.

johnnychan
02-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I can see them making a nice playoff run. Don't think they'll win it all tho. They're still a cpl of pieces away.

Big Zo
02-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Doubt it. Miami, boston, san antonio, and dallas have better teams. Orlando can also beat them.

SteBO
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Doubt it. Miami, boston, san antonio, and dallas have better teams. Orlando can also beat them.
Don't overrate Dallas please. They're proven to choke in the playoffs, and Chicago has definitely surpassed the Magic.

tangent12
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
duh!!!!

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 07:22 PM
No, they are elite but not a title contender.

210Don
02-17-2011, 07:23 PM
no.
just because if anyone beats the celtics itll be heat.
bulls will have trouble with magic.

love drose

Big Zo
02-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Don't overrate Dallas please. They're proven to choke in the playoffs, and Chicago has definitely surpassed the Magic.

I almost forgot the Lakers. And yeah, dallas chokes all the time but i still think they can beat them.

Kakaroach
02-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I'd base it all on if Joakim Noah is healthy or not. If not, then I don't see them beating the Celtics or Heat. But if he is healthy, they could certainly give those teams a run for their money.

RZZZA
02-17-2011, 07:25 PM
this kind of talk before a big game makes me nervous as hell. I don't like this at all...

abe_froman
02-17-2011, 07:25 PM
favorites? no
contenders? yeah

are people sleeping on them? i think to a degree,on paper they dont look overly impressive(lack of big names) and most will go off that.i dont think its a bad thing.they'll have to prove it in many people's eyes before they buy in and its understandable position to have

tangent12
02-17-2011, 07:26 PM
this kind of talk before a big game makes me nervous as hell. I don't like this at all...

Don't worry about **** man!! We gotta embrace this and take it like it is. We are in that position now, we are in that elite category and we have to take the pressure that comes with it. **** IT!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IN ON SPURSSS!!!!!! COME ON HIT US!!!! HIT US!!!! Let's go!!!

We're going to wipe their old faces against the floor and prove why the league should make sure they don't face us in a series..

John Walls Era
02-17-2011, 07:30 PM
Of course... they're better than the Magic.

Gambeezy
02-17-2011, 07:30 PM
I don't think they'll win it all until possibly next year, but I certainly won't be sleeping on them. They're the team to keep an eye on in the play-offs. Hustle and heart go a long way in the play-offs. Many Bulls players have that. Stay healthy and they're my favorite dark horse team.

magichatnumber9
02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
I believe they are.

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
well since they don't have a chance to win a title this year, then no

tangent12
02-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Magichatnumber9 is a smart man.

Raph12
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Nope, just pretenders like the Magic, Hawks, Mavs and Thunder... Favs are the Lakeshow and Celts, with the real contenders Spurs and Heat.

hugepatsfan
02-17-2011, 07:39 PM
It won't be an earth shattering occurence, but I just can't picture them winning it all this year.

camador22
02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
No chance to win it all but if they lock the 3rd seed (which I think they will) then they'll easily pass the first round. If they fall to the 4th seed then they will have a very hard time getting out of the 1st round. After the first round Miami or Boston will beat them in the second round. No way could they beat either team and far less both.

haggis
02-17-2011, 07:48 PM
sure, why not.

Klivlend
02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
No, they are elite but not a title contender.

That doesn't make sense. How can a team be elite but not a contender? If a team is a contender, they're clearly elite because they have a chance to win it all. What do you think? This 'elite' team will lose in the first round of the playoffs?

See how that doesn't makes sense?

Super.
02-17-2011, 07:49 PM
I think they're close, but not quite there.

Get them a real SG and they'll be scary

*Superman*
02-17-2011, 07:51 PM
If the Magic can get it together, I think they are still better than the Bulls.

Neither teams are legit title contenders IMO.

Avenged
02-17-2011, 07:56 PM
They are. Just because the Magic aren't doesn't mean the Bulls aren't.

With HCA, teams best watch out for them if they end up getting it (although I doubt it). I think next season they'll be really legit, but even so, this season i'll put them right at the border.

In a way I see them as a "tweener", if they don't win it all, it's expected. If they do, I kind of wouldn't be surprised.

Bruno
02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
They are title contenders and Rose is a legit MVP candidate. I wouldn't call them favorites in the east though, I'm skeptical of how well they'll be able to put it all together considering Boozer and Noah have barley gotten to play together yet. But they are very good and "for real".

Baller1
02-17-2011, 07:59 PM
No.

Dnovakovic099
02-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Think about it this way, if the Bulls end up the three seed they have to face a New York team that they have trouble with. Then they would face the Heat with the Heat having home court advantage. Then most likely they would face the Celtics...I think to have any shot at winning it all the Bulls have to be a top two seed.

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 08:01 PM
That doesn't make sense. How can a team be elite but not a contender? If a team is a contender, they're clearly elite because they have a chance to win it all. What do you think? This 'elite' team will lose in the first round of the playoffs?

See how that doesn't makes sense?

Makes sense to me. They are not a title contender.

Bornknick73
02-17-2011, 08:03 PM
If the Celtics continue to have depth and injury problems in the frontcourt...

If Miller is concussion prone it could seriously hurt Miami's chances....

If Howard is a one man show again.....

If and when Noah returns he doesnt skip a beat with his play and meshes well with Boozer.

With all that being said I think the Bull's have a good chance to shock the World.

They are a relatively complete team with Noah returning. They have depth, they have a formidable frontcourt and they would be getting back a major piece to their team at the right time of year. Come April May June, Noah is gonna have fresh legs. Their SG position is suspect on the offensive end though.

If the Celtics continue to have injuries to both O'neals and if one more big goes down they could be in big trouble. Its a pretty fair matchup for the Bulls after that. Noah vs Perkins is a wash then it comes down to Boozer vs KG. With Rose as my point guard and considering Boozers offensive production this year it would be hard for me to clearly give it to KG. Boozer offensively might have the edge here.

And I think the Bulls have too much height and depth for Miami to overcome in a 7 game series. They have no one that can match Noah and Boozer in the front court. They got Bosh who is nowhere near the defender or rebounder as those 2 guys.

And unless Howard and the Magic morph into the 2010 Knicks they will have problems as well. When Howards cast shot the 3ball at a high clip they were almost unbeatable, but now he doesnt have that cast anymore, but if Hedo can return to 09 Magic playoff form it would greatly increase their chances. But not having much depth behind Howard can hurt him down the stretch.

The Bulls main weakness is perimeter shooting defense, they can defend slashers but they cant defend 3 pt shooters. Thats why the Knicks who are a lesser team can exploit them so easily.

None of the other teams outside of a healthy Celtics backcourt can shoot a high % of 3s. And without Miller to exploit this Thibs will figure how to slow down the Heat over 7 games. If the Magic shooters morph into 09 form (doubtful) the Magic can easily beat the Bulls.

But I think if things fall right for them the Bull can make it to the Finals, I would say they are real contenders.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2011, 08:04 PM
no. only contenders are LA, Boston, and the cHEAT

Cano4prez
02-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Darkhorse team.

Bulls_fan90
02-17-2011, 08:13 PM

No Spurs?

ChiSox219
02-17-2011, 08:15 PM
The problem I see is their chances rest almost entirely on Carlos Boozer. Even with Noah in the lineup and Rose doing his thing, the Bulls will not go deep if Boozer cannot score consistently in the post.

With that said, I do consider them title contenders, along with SA, LAL, BOS, MIA, with ORL and OKC as dark-horses.

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 08:18 PM
If the Magic can get it together, I think they are still better than the Bulls.

Neither teams are legit title contenders IMO.

The Bulls are a stealthy contender. The thing to keep in mind is that, like boxing, basketball is often a game of matchups. When you look at the Heat, the Bulls are strong where the Miami is weak. Not only do the Bulls have quality at the PF and C spots but they have quality depth there as well. The Bulls can give 28 fouls from the PF and C spots and still have 2 quality players on the floor at the PF and C. And then there's Rose. I think its safe to assume that Chalmers wont be guarding Rose in a playoff series and even if they put Wade on him, thats no guarantee theyll stop him.

And then lets look at how the Bulls matchup vs the Celtics. After losing game 7 down a center, the Celtics made sure to have some depth at C by adding Shaq and Jermaine ONeal in the offseason to go along with Perkins. And then there's Garnett who is still a quality player. But, now, lets look at who the Bulls have: Noah, Boozer, Thomas, Gibson, and Asik. Everyone of those guys except Thomas can run the floor better than anything Boston has with the possible exception of Garnett. Boston has a lot of plodders in the post by comparison. That means the Bulls bigs are better able to run the floor and also theoretically better at getting long rebounds.

The other thing is Thibs. When you look at the way the Bulls play, theyre very organized and clean on defense. Thibs is the architect of the of the Celtics defense. He's spent a lot of team under the hood watching what teams do against the Celtics. And as Rose has gained experience, Rondo has struggled against him more and more. Ray Allen has had stretches where he has really struggled in the post season in the past few years. The Bulls have added Korver. If Korver goes off and Allen struggles, it could actually be a short series. I don't know what the stats say this year but last year the Bulls led the league in rebounding under VDN, while Boston finished 2nd to last. And Chicago, if anything, added more firepower when it comes to rebounding in Asik and Boozer. Noah and Asik, essentially, are 7 fters who can run, rebound and pass. Asik gives Thibs flexibility when it comes to post play combinations.

It's obviously a big challenge going up against Wade and James and also Allen and Pierce but its not like there aren't scenarios where the Bulls might win, especially when it comes to rebounding and bigs that can run the floor.

But the Bulls have quietly chugged along with a stellar record in spite of Korver not really getting on track yet and having their starting lineup on the floor for all of 9 games.

Cub_StuckinSTL
02-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Boozer as a #2 scorer is the big question. Their D has been good and they have enough talent that if they get hot at the right time they could.

EDIT: It really depends on match ups. The Celtics are aging but if you play a slow game against them they dominate. The heat have questions in the post. I mean Drose has shown the ability to close out games which goes a long way in the playoffs.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2011, 08:24 PM
No Spurs?

no i still dont think they can beat LA

unwantedplayer
02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Don't worry about **** man!! We gotta embrace this and take it like it is. We are in that position now, we are in that elite category and we have to take the pressure that comes with it. **** IT!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IN ON SPURSSS!!!!!! COME ON HIT US!!!! HIT US!!!! Let's go!!!

We're going to wipe their old faces against the floor and prove why the league should make sure they don't face us in a series..

I really really hope the Spurs win tonight so I can quote you on how big of an imbecile you would look like.

Actually, I'll quote you for now, in case you decide to change it later.

nightBULL
02-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Can the Bulls beat The Celtics or Lakers in a 7 game series is the question.

In my opinion, yes they CAN beat The Celtics. They came close in that epic series when Del Negro was coaching. The Bulls have not only upgraded their roster and coach since then, but they've also upgraded their superstar Derrick Rose. He's improved his jump shot, ability to draw foulds, and defense (I know people don't think he's the greatest defender, but he's definitely improved since coming into the league).

BUT just because they can, doesn't mean they will.

As far as beating The Lakers or Spurs... I dont know. Its possible but again anything can happen.

unwantedplayer
02-17-2011, 08:35 PM

In my opinion, yes they CAN beat The Celtics. They came close in that epic series when Del Negro was coaching. The Bulls have not only upgraded their roster and coach since then, but they've also upgraded their superstar Derrick Rose. He's improved his jump shot, ability to draw foulds, and defense (I know people don't think he's the greatest defender, but he's definitely improved since coming into the league).

As far as beating The Lakers or Spurs... I dont know. Its possible but again anything can happen.

SMH. KG didn't play that series, that's why it was so close.

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 08:37 PM
SMH. KG didn't play that series, that's why it was so close.

And the Bulls didn't have Deng.

The Flash
02-17-2011, 08:38 PM

They could probably beat everybody, they're a very good team. Same could be said about the Lakers, Spurs, Mavericks, Celtics and Heat. What the Heat and Bulls have in common and maybe the Heat a little more is their potential, meaning that on any night they could probably any team but they all need to do it for 4 out of 7 games

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-17-2011, 08:38 PM
nah..i mean they are good but i think there just need that one player that would push them over the top..not sure who..but someone. maybe melo but they wont get him.

unwantedplayer
02-17-2011, 08:40 PM

OK, but it's laughable that you're comparing Deng to KG.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2011, 08:41 PM

KG's impact >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Deng's impact

SteBO
02-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Listen, I like Deng as a player, but KG has a far greater impact on his team, than Deng does on his. Deng's a solid player, but KG does for Boston is unmatched, though I really dispise him.

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 08:42 PM
OK, but it's laughable that you're comparing Deng to KG.

Who said I was comparing Garnett to Deng? Im not saying Deng is a better player. But that doesnt mean Deng wasn't also important to the Bulls. And Ill remind you, that the Bulls were the lower seed with both teams missing a key starter. On paper, it shouldn't have been nearly as close as it was.

Besides, that was then.

Flash3
02-17-2011, 08:43 PM

magic can beat them be real

Flash3
02-17-2011, 08:44 PM

how original :clap:

cRAPTORS ftw !!!

Lu's Dynasty
02-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Chicago needs a legit starting SG. In fact they have all the other positions covered. They have size inside, low-post scoring, a good bench, at times stifling defense, and a go to scorer in Rose. The issue for the Bulls will be when their meddle is tested as a unit in the playoffs for the first time. How will they respond to a close loss in the playoffs for example? So, to me the Bulls are legit contenders, but I think the Celtics have an advantage over the Bulls in terms of team cohesiveness within the context of a playoff tested team. I know Boston can overcome momentum shifts in a playoff series. I have faith the Bulls will prove they do too, but it remains to be seen. Boston and Miami are in the eyes of many the teams to beat, but I do not see Miami overcoming Boston's size, experience, balanced offense, and playoff-tested defense. I just see too much of a mismatch for Miami to beat the Celtics. Whereas Chicago at least has the size and a bench to compete with Boston and a coach in Thibs who understands exactly what he's up against.

Frantico
02-17-2011, 08:45 PM
No. But close.

SteBO
02-17-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm not so sure about that. The only way they beat them is by hitting 3's at a high rate, and you can't rely on three's to win a series. CHI has proven to be better than ORL this year. You'd know if you watched the games. ORL can beat them in a series, but I don't think it's as likely as you make it seem.

unwantedplayer
02-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Who said I was comparing Garnett to Deng? Im not saying Deng is a better player. But that doesnt mean Deng wasn't also important to the Bulls. And Ill remind you, that the Bulls were the lower seed with both teams missing a key starter. On paper, it shouldn't have been nearly as close as it was.

Besides, that was then.

When you said you were missing Deng, that's implying that you were comparing Deng's presence to KG's presence on the court. How beautiful the English language is, eh?

:|

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Chicago needs a legit starting SG. In fact they have all the other positions covered. They have size inside, low-post scoring, a good bench, at times stifling defense, and a go to scorer in Rose. The issue for the Bulls will be when their meddle is tested as a unit in the playoffs for the first time. How will they respond to a close loss in the playoffs for example? So, to me the Bulls are legit contenders, but I think the Celtics have an advantage over the Bulls in terms of team cohesiveness within the context of a playoff tested team. I know Boston can overcome momentum shifts in a playoff series. I have faith the Bulls will prove they do too, but it remains to be seen. Boston and Miami are in the eyes of many the teams to beat, but I do not see Miami overcoming Boston's size, experience, balanced offense, and playoff-tested defense. I just see too much of a mismatch for Miami to beat the Celtics. Whereas Chicago at least has the size and a bench to compete with Boston and a coach in Thibs who understands exactly what he's up against.

If the Bulls are going to try to get a better offensive SG, then they should also try to trade Deng and something for Gerald Wallace.

Flash3
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not so sure about that. The only way they beat them is by hitting 3's at a high rate, and you can't rely on three's to win a series. CHI has proven to be better than ORL this year. You'd know if you watched the games. ORL can beat them in a series, but I don't think it's as likely as you make it seem.

so i was right orl can beat chi ?

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 08:49 PM
When you said you were missing Deng, that's implying that you were comparing Deng's presence to KG's presence on the court. How beautiful the English language is, eh?
:|

It's more beautiful if you can read.

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 08:50 PM

so your going to pretend like brad miller,hinrich, ben gordon, and salmons is still here? how about KG not playing in that series?

BSplaya2121
There is no reason why they cant beat the heat or the magic or the celtics in a 7 game series. However the only issue is if they stay healthy. If so, I believe they are a contender to win it all but they need to improve their road record, especially if they end up with the 3 seed

SteBO
Yes, but I never said ORL can't beat them? Where did you get that from? :shrug:

unwantedplayer
02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
It's more beautiful if you can read.

I can read, but it's a matter if you can dissect what someone says and use it to your advantage.

Sadds The Gr8
02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
how original :clap:

cRAPTORS ftw !!!

oh...what's up Mr Dec 2010?

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 08:53 PM
I can read, but it's a matter if you can dissect what someone says and use it to your advantage.

Evidently, you can't.

unwantedplayer
02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Evidently, you can't.

What ever floats your boat boss, but you still compared KG's presence to Deng's presence on the court. Even other fellow posters agreed.

daleja424
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Why not? They have proven to be a very very good team. They will be a tough team to beat in the playoffs. I would say that if they aren't contenders, they are close.

That being said, I don't think they will get through Miami, Boston, AND the WC finalist... so I dont see them winning a title... but they are in the group of teams that have at least a slight chance.

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
There is no reason why they cant beat the heat or the magic or the celtics in a 7 game series. However the only issue is if they stay healthy. If so, I believe they are a contender to win it all but they need to improve their road record, especially if they end up with the 3 seed

how about the fact that those teams are better? esp Celtics & Heat

ramsizzle
02-17-2011, 08:59 PM
What ever floats your boat boss, but you still compared KG's presence to Deng's presence on the court. Even other fellow posters agreed.

Deng's presence had just as large and impact for a team on a different level. They were on a team in the cusp of the playoffs. Kg on a team on the cusp of a championship. its apples and oranges. Your just trying to start an argument.

ramsizzle
02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
how about the fact that those teams are better? esp Celtics & Heat

i just hope the celtics get swept for one reason and one reason only. the idiot known as Hustlenomics. they are everybit as good as the celtics and heat. hence them being two games back without the team playing as a whole for all but 9 games.

Madtown22
02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
they need to make a deadline move

Albrecht Duerer

Pointing out that you're in the bottom 80% when it comes to reading comprehension isn't much of a comeback.

Hustlenomics
i just hope the celtics get swept for one reason and one reason only. the idiot known as Hustlenomics. they are everybit as good as the celtics and heat. hence them being two games back without the team playing as a whole for all but 9 games.

well they won't get swept and they are not as good as the Celtics get outta here clown

SteBO
02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Deng's presence had just as large and impact for a team on a different level. They were on a team in the cusp of the playoffs. Kg on a team on the cusp of a championship. its apples and oranges. Your just trying to start an argument.
No he isn't. It's kinda silly to compare the impact of KG to Deng. You've seen the difference KG makes on the floor. It's unmatched, clearly. Deng is a huge piece for the Bulls, but I think the Bulls are good enough to go deep in the playoffs, even if Deng isn't 100%.

ramsizzle
02-17-2011, 09:02 PM
and why arent they? "clown?"

unwantedplayer
02-17-2011, 09:03 PM
No he isn't. It's kinda silly to compare the impact of KG to Deng. You've seen the difference KG makes on the floor. It's unmatched, clearly. Deng is a huge piece for the Bulls, but I think the Bulls are good enough to go deep in the playoffs, even if Deng isn't 100%.

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd like a Heat fan haha =]

SteBO
Neither has the Heat. UD's been out since November.

ramsizzle

he was comparing the 7 game series....and i said on a different level. his impact was that large on a team that was trying to MAKE the playoffs not win a ring.

now YOU are comparing Noah's impact to Haslems? c'mon now...

SteBO
02-17-2011, 09:04 PM
he was comparing the 7 game series....and i said on a different level. his impact was that large on a team that was trying to MAKE the playoffs not win a ring.

now YOU are comparing Noah's impact to Haslems? c'mon now...
OK. But the thread title is regarding championship contenders, not playoff contenders.

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 09:05 PM

Yeah, just because Stoudemire isn't as good as Kobe, that doesn't mean Stoudemire isn't as important to NY as Kobe is to LA.

ramsizzle
02-17-2011, 09:06 PM
OK. But the thread title is regarding championship contenders, not playoff contenders.

from what i read he was speaking on deng's impact on the series that kg didnt play? i was on my phone so i might have been wrong but if its this year its totally different.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I love their defence. They help each other and are very active. I think they are a little too young right now to win the whole thing, but they are contenders. They have nice bigs when healthy, great d, and a player who can create his own shot anytime he wants. They are no easy out

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 09:10 PM
from what i read he was speaking on deng's impact on the series that kg didnt play? i was on my phone so i might have been wrong but if its this year its totally different.

Yeah, I was, except I didn't use the words "impact of", so don't be prodded into speaking on someone elses terms.

He and several others went off in their own direction.

ramsizzle
02-17-2011, 09:12 PM
its whatever honestly if people don't consider them contenders i as well as every other bulls fan will love seeing the faces of these posters as we keep getting these wins.

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
its whatever honestly if people don't consider them contenders i as well as every other bulls fan will love seeing the faces of these posters as we keep getting these wins.

translate these wins come playoff time :o

ramsizzle
02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
^ That's what we'll have to see. i think they will, and you don't but give another unproven team in Miami the same credit you give the Celtics. Hmmm....hater?

shizzle09
02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
I think they certainly have a shot. When healthy they are more than capable of putting together a run in the playoffs. Do i think they will? no, but thats because i obviously think my Heat will win if the celts dont.

Jewelz0376
02-17-2011, 09:23 PM
i think its important for the Bulls to try and avoid getting the 3rd seed...because if they do it likely means they'd have to beat ny, mia, and bos to get to the fianls which is a tough round..Sure the knicks wouldn't beat them in a series as of now but they could def make it 6-7 game series and it would make it that much tougher if the knicks get Melo before deadline...

Slimsim
02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Bulls > Miami and orlando

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 09:25 PM
^ That's what we'll have to see. i think they will, and you don't but give another unproven team in Miami the same credit you give the Celtics. Hmmm....hater?

I seen LeBron dismantle the Bulls last playoffs without Bosh and Wade ..the Heat are legit this year

thebet
02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
I think they will plow through the playoff's, dismantling their opponents. Especially the supposed favorites... the "elderly" Celtics. Bulls are 2011 champions. Guaranteed.

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Bulls > Miami and orlando

lol

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 09:27 PM
i think its important for the Bulls to try and avoid getting the 3rd seed...because if they do it likely means they'd have to beat ny, mia, and bos to get to the fianls which is a tough round..Sure the knicks wouldn't beat them in a series as of now but they could def make it 6-7 game series and it would make it that much tougher if the knicks get Melo before deadline...

As a Bulls fan, I'd actually rather have the 3 seed. You can't really worry about where a certain team below you ends up. NY could end up at 6 or it could end up at 7. Id rather be positioned as underdogs to play the #2 seed, whether Boston or Miami.

BigRed
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
they could but it will be hard

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 09:30 PM
they could but it will be hard

You could say that about whoever makes it out of the east.

ragee
02-17-2011, 09:34 PM

I do hope both Dallas and Miami reach the Finals this year... I am sure as hell that we going to hard time beating you because I actually think you guys would be a bad matchup for us but I feel like the only way to get rid of the stigma of us being chokers is for us to beat Wade...

****Edited
I had a contradicting statement

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 09:34 PM
I think they will plow through the playoff's, dismantling their opponents. Especially the supposed favorites... the "elderly" Celtics. Bulls are 2011 champions. Guaranteed.

I've seen some good quotes but this one takes the cake

The Flash
02-17-2011, 09:35 PM
I do hope both Dallas and Miami reach the Finals this year... I am sure as hell that we are going to beat you because I actually think you guys would be a bad matchup for us but I feel like the only way to get rid of the stigma of us being chokers is for us to beat Wade...

You need to get over it Wade was amazing

Flash3
02-17-2011, 09:37 PM

contradiction.

Yes, but I never said ORL can't beat them? Where did you get that from? :shrug:

thebet
02-17-2011, 09:48 PM
I've seen some good quotes but this one takes the cake
... Can you hand me a fork?

chicago lulz
02-17-2011, 09:49 PM
lol
lol

contradiction.
Well to be fair, Orlando has the potential to beat any team

Crackadalic
02-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Their a Ray allen type player away from being title contenders.

beasted86
02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
I haven't read one post in this thread.... but let me just take a wild guess that there is yet another Heat troll vs. Bulls troll vs. Knick troll bait fest.... and/or Rose vs. Rondo debate.

Am I right?

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
No.

thebet
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
I haven't read one post in this thread.... but let me just take a wild guess that there is yet another Heat troll vs. Bulls troll vs. Knick troll bait fest.... and/or Rose vs. Rondo debate.

Am I right?

Not right... Bulls would destroy the Heat, though.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-17-2011, 09:58 PM
I could see us being the 04 Pistons and shocking the world, but honestly I feel it'll take one more year for this team to completely come together and become a legit title contender.

Flash3
02-17-2011, 09:58 PM

Am I right?

nope not this time :)

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 10:06 PM

Am I right?

nope just Bulls fans overrating their team

The Flash
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM

lol

JordansBulls
02-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem like too many people think the Bulls can actually go far besides maybe Bulls fans...I'm not a Bulls fan, but I feel like they could def win it all this year...Now i'm not saying they're a favorite, but i see them more of a threat than Orl..

They're only a couple games out of having the best record in the east and they really haven't had a healthy Booz and Noah together yet...and its not like Noah is a go to scorer who will take time to get his rhythm back...his presence will drastically improve they're team immediately because he's one of the best rebounding and defending bigs in the league...

I understand that everyone knows they're good, but are people sleeping on the bulls as a title contender??

We may be that 2004 Pistons team. Were we have to upset a few teams to win it all.

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 10:13 PM

LMFAO:laugh:

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 10:17 PM
All depends who our starting sg is

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 10:21 PM

I don't. Orlando can beat the Bulls they have done in consistently over the last few seasons.... When the Bulls beat Orlando it was the Magic missing key players; lastly please don't say Noah would be a factor when it comes to slowing down Howard...

Bulls are not a serious threat to win a title.

1. They need a SG

2. Why are you calling out the Magic in this post? IMO, the Bulls could beat Miami easier then they could Orlando. Keep in mind, Orlando should improve before the season ends. They will build more team chemistry and Dwight will continue to improve on offense; lastly, Orlando is going to add some depth at PF/C....

No Bulls are not a threat and NO they can not beat Orlando in a 7 game series...

hyb152
02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Not yet. They can't beat the celtics/heat in a 7 game series. Miami will only continue to get better as time passes and they get more experience with each other.

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Says who you. Orlando did kill them this season and then lost a close game on the Road where Deng pretty much was making shots he generally does not make on a consistent basis. Orlando was without BRandon Bass and Jameer Nelson went down 7 minutes into that game.

Chicago has not Surpassed the Magic, I honestly hope Orlando meets you guys in the playoffs so we can give you all a wake up call.

1. Zero answer for Howard.

2. Orlando will look to add size before the deadline. Say they add Z-Bo the Bulls still going to beat Orlando?

3. Team Chemistry Orlando is gaining it and the Bulls will need to form it when Noah gets back.

4. Depth, Orlando is already deeper and will just gain more depth when they add another Big to the front court....

The best the Bulls would do in a 7 game series vs Orlando is beat them two times.. The series for the most part would not even be close.

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 10:28 PM
No chance to win it all but if they lock the 3rd seed (which I think they will) then they'll easily pass the first round. If they fall to the 4th seed then they will have a very hard time getting out of the 1st round. After the first round Miami or Boston will beat them in the second round. No way could they beat either team and far less both.

I don't think they will. The Bulls are gonna lose a bunch of games in the next few weeks. That little comfort of playing 9-12 games at homes is gone. That 2nd half schedule starts to get brutal. Magic will be the 3 and Bulls will be 4 or 5.... Don't sleep on the Hawks.

ElMarroAfamado
02-17-2011, 10:28 PM
they are a title contender because the Heat suck...
and they have demonstrated in the past they can hang with the Celtics...i think it all depends on whether Noah comes back ....that would be an indicator on how far they can go

dnewguy
02-17-2011, 10:29 PM
The Bulls are definitely a contender for the central conference title, anything beyond that and you're asking for too much. They're the Blazers of the East.

mttwlsn16
02-17-2011, 10:34 PM
get a shooting guard and stay healthy and theyre going to be VERY dangerous

Legitimate
02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
The Bulls always do good in the playoffs, but now they got actual talent on that roster. The Bulls are contenders, just that the rest of the Nba is too afraid to admit it.

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Says who you. Orlando did kill them this season and then lost a close game on the Road where Deng pretty much was making shots he generally does not make on a consistent basis. Orlando was without BRandon Bass and Jameer Nelson went down 7 minutes into that game.

Chicago has not Surpassed the Magic, I honestly hope Orlando meets you guys in the playoffs so we can give you all a wake up call.

1. Zero answer for Howard.

2. Orlando will look to add size before the deadline. Say they add Z-Bo the Bulls still going to beat Orlando?

3. Team Chemistry Orlando is gaining it and the Bulls will need to form it when Noah gets back.

4. Depth, Orlando is already deeper and will just gain more depth when they add another Big to the front court....

The best the Bulls would do in a 7 game series vs Orlando is beat them two times.. The series for the most part would not even be close.

1.team defense with big 7 footers Noah and asik to shot block seems like an answer

2.no one wants gilberts contract, the magic are pretty much set, and look for the bulls to add a 14ppg sg via trade

3.Noah has been around the bulls all season, even during the injury, but you question team chemistry while the bulls have one of the highest team chemistries in the league while Orlando really have to develop theirs.

4. Unless your number two is correct, your number 4 is irrelevant. I guess the bulls don't have an impressive bench as well.

Dwight is going to get his, because hes so good, that's a given. But do the match ups, and tell me why the magic win the series IF we are lucky enough to get to game 7?

Rose-Nelson rose has this won easily
Bogans-Richardson Doubt he starts but I got rich
Deng-hedo wildcard
Boozer-bass booz
Dwight-Noah Dwight slightly

gotoHcarolina52
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Chicago is a good team, but not elite yet. They could be dangerous in the coming years. But then again, they'll probably be playing second fiddle to Miami.

ragee
02-17-2011, 11:06 PM
You need to get over it Wade was amazing

Exactly my point... That's why I want to have a chance to get back at him...

*** read my post again... I edited it... I am not sure as hell that we are gong to beat you... What I meant was I am sure as hell that we are going to have a hard time beating you... :D

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Exactly my point... That's why I want to have a chance to get back at him...

*** read my post again... I edited it... I am not sure as hell that we are gong to beat you... What I meant was I am sure as hell that we are going to have a hard time beating you... :)

Haha I was pulling for mavs, but wade wanted that ring

thebet
02-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Tell that to the Spurs. Hmm... I wonder if they thought the Bulls were overrated too?

Lakers4ItAll
02-17-2011, 11:22 PM
If they make a move for a better starting SG then I will have more faith in them

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Tell that to the Spurs. Hmm... I wonder if they thought the Bulls were overrated too?

Ha I doubt it, but hey, we are ok, the bulls aren't able to beat the top teams in the NBA( even though we beat Boston,Miami,Orlando, Los Angelos, San Antonio, Dallas,)

Hustlenomics
02-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Ha I doubt it, but hey, we are ok, the bulls aren't able to beat the top teams in the NBA( even though we beat Boston,Miami,Orlando, Los Angelos, San Antonio, Dallas,)

boston without KG and Perk btw

DwayneMVPwade
02-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Yes as long as Noah and Boozer stay healthy

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 11:29 PM

No one said the Bulls can't beat the top teams in the Regular season. It's the playoffs we speak of. That is a whole different animal in itself...

You beat the Celtics minus KG

You beat the Mavs minus Butler and Dirk.

You beat Orlando- Nelson went down 7 minutes in and Bass went down in the 3rd when you broke the game open.

You beat Miami- Who did not have Lebron James..

You beat Lakers- Who did not have Bynum.

Do you notice a pattern at all?

Lastly, they all where home games. I have heard the Bulls are not much of a road warrior team... Am I wrong?

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 11:32 PM
No one said the Bulls can't beat the top teams in the Regular season. It's the playoffs we speak of. That is a whole different animal in itself...

Lastly- You beat the Celtics at home minus KG

You beat Orlando- Nelson went down 7 minutes in as did Bass that game.

Yea 95% of those games the bulls were missing Noah and boozer. Everyone has injuries in the NBA

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 11:33 PM
38-16

SteBO
02-17-2011, 11:35 PM
38-16
41-15 :p :)

thebet
02-17-2011, 11:36 PM

Lastly- You beat the Celtics at home minus KG

You beat Orlando- Nelson went down 7 minutes in as did Bass that game.

Lastly, they all where home games. I have heard the Bulls are not much of a road warrior team... Am I wrong?

I sure did notice a pattern. You like to double space between listing the Bulls victories

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Yea 95% of those games the bulls were missing Noah and boozer. Everyone has injuries in the NBA

Actually.

First time around when both teams where 100% Orlando killed the Bulls.

2nd time around Noah was not playing

Lakers- They did not have Bynum. Bulls had Noah and Boozer

Celtis- You had Boozer. Celtics did not have Perkins, Garnett.

Heat- Bosh went out Hurt and they did not have Lebron. You guys had Boozer...

Look. I like Noah however come on already. You guys have not seen Boozer and Noah play enough to even know if they are a good fit together down-low....

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 11:38 PM
I sure did notice a pattern. You like to double space between listing the Bulls victories

Umm. That is to make it easier to read....

BTW- Regular season games are nice to have; however, you will see Postseason is a different beast. Hopefully by then you run into one of the teams you beat and face them at 100%.

Bulls at 100% don't scare anyone. You guys don't have a great SG, the bench is not great and lastly L. Deng is inconsistent and Boozer is overrated and overpaid....

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 11:38 PM

:d

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 11:40 PM

Haha we are coming bro watch yawl back

DaBear
02-17-2011, 11:42 PM
I think with a legit SG they can win it all. They're playing this well without Noah and a decent SG (Bogans is a joke). It would still be a really tough task though.

showtym24
02-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Yes. And Rose better win MIP.

k.smith904
02-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Bulls at 100% don't scare anyone.

Funny, since we have even seen them at 100% this entire season.

:facepalm:

SteBO
Haha we are coming bro watch yawl back
Next Thursday, it's goin down. :cool:

effen5
Actually.

Look. I like Noah however come on already. You guys have not seen Boozer and Noah play enough to even know if they are a good fit together down-low....

How the hell do you not know if they are an amazing fit either?

We love Booz, we do, but we've seen Noahs impact in a span of two years and his impact is unmatched besides Derrick Rose.

He does all the little stuff that doesn't show on the box score. We need him BAD.

Baller1
02-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Hey everyone, Rose set his career high in points.

Westbrook's is still higher.

effen5
02-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Funny, since we have even seen them at 100% this entire season.

:facepalm:

We've seen them play nine games together five of them probably at a 100 percent, and four of them where Noah was playing hurt....That is such a large sample size to judge from right?

:rollseyes:

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 11:46 PM

lol

effen5
02-17-2011, 11:46 PM

cool story bro...

brb looking at records

Westbrook 35-19

Rose's still higher.

JB0B0
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM

1-6 against the top teams :)

TylerSL
02-17-2011, 11:47 PM
yes, the are contenders. They will contend for a title, but I dont see them getting past Miami or Boston in a 7 game series. Chicago has proven themselves better than every other team in the East tho, and IMO the only teams better than them right now are (in no order)

Boston, Miami, San Antonio, Dallas, and Los Angeles.

SteBO
02-17-2011, 11:48 PM
That's irrelevant come playoff time :)

nightBULL
You guys have not seen Boozer and Noah play enough to even know if they are a good fit together down-low....

Well we got a sneak preview before Noah's surgery and we have a less skilled, less energetic version of Noah in Omer Asik. So we have a pretty good idea of what they look like together.

jp611
Bulls are definitely title contenders

TylerSL

who cares, the Lakers and Celtics lost to the Cavaliers...........

bbcmillionaire
Actually.

Hmmm well it's been well documented that Noahs hand has been injured all season, and your saying adding a good player to a good team, with good team chemistry, will make us bad? Lol we'll see, and for the record I still say we need a shooting gaurdto be a legit contender. Now we are just a darkhorse

DaBear
02-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Westbrook is irrelevant.

showtym24
02-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Id put them above dallas^

xxcubs22xx
02-17-2011, 11:50 PM

At least Rose is shooting better than 30% from the 3 point line

DaBear
Is cchrisc773 really trying to say that Kurt Thomas is a better fit than Noah?

:laugh2:

TylerSL

They might be better than Dallas now because of the injury to Caron Butler, but its really close IMO

DaBear
02-17-2011, 11:51 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Bulls swept Dallas this year.

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 11:51 PM

Tell Westbrook to send Derrick rose a text, cause he'll be in la haha

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Hmmm well it's been well documented that Noahs hand has been injured all season, and your saying adding a good player to a good team, with good team chemistry, will make us bad? Lol we'll see, and for the record I still say we need a shooting gaurdto be a legit contender. Now we are just a darkhorse

I think Noah is a great player. I am saying the Chemistry with Noah and Boozer that is key, laslty will Noah be 100%? No one knows that yet.

bbcmillionaire
02-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Next Thursday, it's goin down. :cool:

Everytime we play the heat it's a classic, from the baby bulls beating the championship heat in the playoffs, to wade just balling on Gordon, to rose vs wade recently, here cone another classic

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Is cchrisc773 really trying to say that Kurt Thomas is a better fit than Noah?

Not at all.. LOL> However, old man Thomas has been a solid player for you guys. What I am saying is how will Noah and Boozer mesh? I think they will be fine however, they have not played enough together to know yet.

2nd. WHen Noah comes back will he be 100%? No one knows that yet either.

3rd. Will the Bulls be able to get a starting SG without losing depth in another area?

nightBULL
02-17-2011, 11:56 PM
If what happens in the regular season doesn't mean anything come post season because "Its another animal," then why is it fair to discredit the Bulls as contenders because they've had trouble with the Knicks in the regular season???

If that's the case, the Celtics aren't title contenders because they've had trouble with the Bulls in the regular season.

DaBear
02-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Not at all.. LOL> However, old man Thomas has been a solid player for you guys. What I am saying is how will Noah and Boozer mesh? I think they will be fine however, they have not played enough together to know yet.

2nd. WHen Noah comes back will he be 100%? No one knows that yet either.

3rd. Will the Bulls be able to get a starting SG without losing depth in another area?

Noah and Boozer played a few games together, and I'm pretty sure they had a winning record in the process. Kurt Thomas has been decent, but nothing special. Noah is a better rebounder and scorer IMO. Plus the Bulls will get the pick and rolls going once Noah comes back.

marlinsfan24
02-17-2011, 11:58 PM
I don't see how they aren't title contenders. With that said, they'll have a better shot against teams like the Heat and Celtics when they add a better SG IMO.

Doogolas
02-17-2011, 11:58 PM
The Bulls lost the first two games with Boozer and Noah when Booz was rusty and then Boozer remembered how to play basketball and they won 7 in a row before Noah got hurt. They'll be fine.

finalverse
02-18-2011, 12:00 AM
With the halfway point in the season here you have the picture clearer a bit. Rose, Lebron, Howard and Dirk are the 4 main candidates for MVP IMO. At least the pretenders like Westbrook and Monta Ellis are out the picture as they should be. Gawd it was annoying when people would put them in the conversation early in the year.:rolleyes:

TylerSL
02-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Everytime we play the heat it's a classic, from the baby bulls beating the championship heat in the playoffs, to wade just balling on Gordon, to rose vs wade recently, here cone another classic

It always does seem to be a classic yes. When Wade stole the ball, hit that 3 at the buzzer to win the game in Double OT, when Marion dunked in a game winner, and yes when the Bulls beat Miami in the ECF in 1997. Even tho that series ended in 5, it was still fun to watch.

cchrisc773
02-18-2011, 12:02 AM
BTW Nice win over the Spurs.

However, how the H E L L do the Spurs have the best record in the league? I am sorry they are very overrated and that sounds weird saying that about the team with the best record.

Orlando beat them 123-101
Knicks Dropped 128 on them ( In a win )
Boston beat them - They did not have KG or Perkins. Glen Davis started and Dropped 23 points on them.

NO Hornets beat them by 20+ Holding them to 72 points.

Philly beat them and held them to 71 points..

Honestly, how is this team sitting with the best record in the NBA?

Hustlenomics
02-18-2011, 12:02 AM

Westbrook is slightly better imo

If what happens in the regular season doesn't mean anything come post season because "Its another animal," then why is it fair to discredit the Bulls as contenders because they've had trouble with the Knicks in the regular season???

If that's the case, the Celtics aren't title contenders because they've had trouble with the Bulls in the regular season.

C's beat em twice already, Bulls beat Celtics when they didn't have KG or Perk

killbumdeluxe13
02-18-2011, 12:03 AM
If you look at the current top 10 teams in the league Chicago has beaten each of them with the exception of Atl whom they havent played. They're just a few games out of first place and have proven they can compete with anyone even when they have yet to really play a solid stretch with their true starting 5. Bulls are FOR REAL. Lookout if they can scoop a 2guard before the trade deadline as well.

chicago lulz
02-18-2011, 12:04 AM
BTW Nice win over the Spurs.

However, how the H E L L do the Spurs have the best record in the league? I am sorry they are very overrated and that sounds weird saying that about the team with the best record.

Orlando beat them 123-101
Knicks Dropped 128 on them ( In a win )
Boston beat them - They did not have KG or Perkins. Glen Davis started and Dropped 23 points on them.

NO Hornets beat them by 20+ Holding them to 72 points.

Honestly, how is this team sitting with the best record in the NBA?

the 72-10 Bulls lost some atrocious games that year

BlinkManJan02
02-18-2011, 12:05 AM
They're road record is pretty weak compared to the top two teams in the East. If they end up with the first seed though that obviously helps. I don't see them winning it all this year however. The West has some great teams in San Antonio and LAL. They would most likely have to get by Boston or Miami as well.

DaBear
02-18-2011, 12:07 AM

C's haven't beaten a 100% healthy Bulls team.

And Westbrook? :facepalm:

Baller1
02-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Tell Westbrook to send Derrick rose a text, cause he'll be in la haha

Or he can just say what's up to him when he sees him, considering Westbrook is in LA too? :shrug:

MaHaRaJaH
02-18-2011, 12:08 AM
duh!!!!

Why are you such a ****face?

Albrecht Duerer
02-18-2011, 12:09 AM
The Bulls lost the first two games with Boozer and Noah when Booz was rusty and then Boozer remembered how to play basketball and they won 7 in a row before Noah got hurt. They'll be fine.

Noah was actually hurt the whole time he played with Boozer. He played with his injury for a while before they realized he needed time off for it.

Baller1
With the halfway point in the season here you have the picture clearer a bit. Rose, Lebron, Howard and Dirk are the 4 main candidates for MVP IMO. At least the pretenders like Westbrook and Monta Ellis are out the picture as they should be. Gawd it was annoying when people would put them in the conversation early in the year.:rolleyes:

Hustlenomics
C's haven't beaten a 100% healthy Bulls team.

And Westbrook? :facepalm:

C's beat yall twice and Westbrook is a damn good player , just cause he plays with Durant he doesn't get respect

Baller1
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Why are you such a ****face?

Hi Maha.

cchrisc773
02-18-2011, 12:10 AM
the 72-10 Bulls lost some atrocious games that year

LOL. They are not the 72 win Bulls.

2nd. Not really.

1. Lost to Orlando ( Elite team )
2. Lost to Seattle ( Solid team)
3. Lost to Pacers 2 times ( Solid Team)

Nuggets, Suns, Hornets, Heat, Knicks. Sure only a handful of them are playoff teams; however none of them are like the Cavs this season... Heck the Raptors team back then was better then the current Cavs maybe.

Honestly, all the teams they lost to where close to 500 or better. The only terrible lost was by 1 point to the Raptors. Bulls did not have Longley or Rodman that game....

However, again this Spur team is very overrated IMO.

effen5
02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Scary how Rose is only been in the league for 2 and a half years...

nightBULL
02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
C's beat yall twice and Westbrook is a damn good player , just cause he plays with Durant he doesn't get respect
If Rose played with Durant I bet he'd get respect.

DaBear
02-18-2011, 12:13 AM

That's the point. Without Durant, I don't know Westbrook is.

And let's see how the C's do against a healthy Bulls team.

Doogolas
02-18-2011, 12:14 AM

Bulls weren't healthy either time they lost to the C's.

Baller1
02-18-2011, 12:15 AM

Albrecht Duerer

Please. The Bulls have had their full lineup for all of 9 games.

justinnum1

:facepalm:Neither were the C's.

Hustlenomics
^ thank you

he dropped 40 on the Celtics and got a win :o

Baller1
02-18-2011, 12:16 AM

The Thunder were missing Green and Durant when they played in Boston.

Oh yeah, we won.

DaBear
02-18-2011, 12:16 AM
:facepalm:Neither were the C's.

And yet they've raped the Heat this year.

DaBear
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM

Oh yeah, we won.

Good job. I guess OKC deserves title contending props now. They're clearly the best team in the NBA.

Doogolas
02-18-2011, 12:18 AM

Oh yeah, we won.

And that has what to do with anything? I responded to somebody saying that when the Bulls beat the Celtics the Celtics were without KG and I think Big Baby. All I did was point out that the Bulls were not healthy either.

SteBO
02-18-2011, 12:18 AM
And yet they've raped the Heat this year.
I couldn't care less if they beat us in regular season. Playoffs will tell all, and Miami will only improve from here. UD isn't even back yet.

Hustlenomics
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM

Oh yeah, we won.

how dare you make Russel Westbrook look good

Good job. I guess OKC deserves title contending props now. They're clearly the best team in the NBA.

lmfaooo

Doogolas
02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
I couldn't care less if they beat us in regular season. Playoffs will tell all, and Miami will only improve from here. UD isn't even back yet.

Come on now, don't pretend it doesn't bother you. The Bulls have lost some games that have pissed me right the hell off. And had you guys beaten Boston in any of the three games you'd have the #1 seed right now.

I mean, sure, long run it barely matters unless it goes 7 games in the playoffs, but as a fan there's no way those losses don't eat at you. Especially since two of them were winnable games.

DaBear
02-18-2011, 12:21 AM

Well, it does matter. I hate how people say "wait until the playoffs." Like Miami is actually losing on purpose and giving up the #1 seed to prove it in the playoffs:facepalm:. I would trust Boston much more in the playoffs considering they've developed great chemistry over the years. Miami hasn't developed that chemistry yet, and I think it shows in their 1-6 record.

UD is the least of Miami's worries.

SteBO
02-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Come on now, don't pretend it doesn't bother you. The Bulls have lost some games that have pissed me right the hell off. And had you guys beaten Boston in any of the three games you'd have the #1 seed right now.

I mean, sure, long run it barely matters unless it goes 7 games in the playoffs, but as a fan there's no way those losses don't eat at you. Especially since two of them were winnable games.
They don't really eat at me, though the last one was pretty disappointing considering half of Bostons' bench was out. But I know we'll be okay vs. them come playoff time. If any loss got to me this year, it was losing to the Mavs at home. I was pissed as hell after losing that game.

Doogolas
02-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Worst for me was the game Rose was out and they lost by one to Dallas because a ****ing ***** *** D Leaguer missed some God damn free throwers.

D1JM
02-18-2011, 12:25 AM

celtics didnt have west, both oneals, and daniels. so stop making haslem like the x factor

kingbrentg
02-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Worst for me was the game Rose was out and they lost by one to Dallas because a ****ing ***** *** D Leaguer missed some God damn free throwers.

Denver

We swept Dallas. :cool:

SteBO
02-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Well, it does matter. I hate how people say "wait until the playoffs." Like Miami is actually losing on purpose and giving up the #1 seed to prove it in the playoffs:facepalm:. I would trust Boston much more in the playoffs considering they've developed great chemistry over the years. Miami hasn't developed that chemistry yet, and I think it shows in their 1-6 record.

UD is the least of Miami's worries.
:facepalm: You don't watch much NBA do you. Regular season and playoffs are two different animals buddy. 2006: Mavs kicked our *** in the regular season, then we beat them in the Finals. Those games don't matter in the end.

SteBO
02-18-2011, 12:27 AM
celtics didnt have west, both oneals, and daniels. so stop making haslem like the x factor
Only true Heat fans know Haslems' value. Don't comment on something you know nothing about. And again, I couldn't care less, though the last loss was kinda disappointing, but the playoffs are what really matters. Get that through your head, please.

godolphins
02-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Heck no!!!! But thanks for the laugh :laugh:

Boston>Chicago
Heat>Chicago
Lakers>Chicago
Orlando/Bulls = Toss up

marlinsfan24
02-18-2011, 12:28 AM
3 things:
1.Stop using injuries as excuses for losses. That goes to ALL FANS, Heat, Bulls, and Celtics.
2.Not every Bulls thread has to be about Westbrook/Rose debate.
3.1-6 against the elite teams is really misleading record for the Heat. 0-5 vs the Mavs and Celtics. And have only played the Lakers and Bulls once. Yet to play the Spurs.

Doogolas
02-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Only true Heat fans know Haslems' value. Don't comment on something you know nothing about.

Then is no team allowed to comment about the Bulls since Noah's been out and 'only true Bulls fans know Noah's value'?

SteBO
02-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Then is no team allowed to comment about the Bulls since Noah's been out and 'only true Bulls fans know Noah's value'?
Why do bring Noah up? I never even mentioned him, and unlike a lot of peole on this forum, I know Noahs' value for the Bulls, soooo.

Legitimate
02-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Lebrons been known to fail his team in big games during the playoffs, if anyones leadin the heat in the playoffs its dwade not lebron. Well atleast they'll have something to fall on if Lebron quits on his team, there will still be dwade and bosh they could count on.

D1JM
02-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Only true Heat fans know Haslems' value. Don't comment on something you know nothing about. And again, I couldn't care less, though the last loss was kinda disappointing, but the playoffs are what really matters. Get that through your head, please.

so wait. he brings more to the team than what advance stats suggest? heat fans are big about advance stats and dont care about nothing else but them on some other threads.

ichitownclowni
02-18-2011, 12:34 AM
We are just as good as the heat at least that what the standings say there all vey close

SteBO
02-18-2011, 12:35 AM
so wait. he brings more to the team than what advance stats suggest? heat fans are big about advance stats and dont care about nothing else but them on some other threads.
I've never used advanced stats on this site. But reality is, Haslem is a key piece for the Heat, whether you want to accept that or not.

BkOriginalOne
02-18-2011, 12:40 AM
The Bulls are the Jazz of the East.

Jewelz0376
02-18-2011, 12:41 AM

how do you figure?

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-18-2011, 12:42 AM

Don't think the Jazz ever had the best defensive team in the league.

godolphins
02-18-2011, 12:47 AM

True that

nightBULL
02-18-2011, 12:50 AM
We beat the Jazz's ***.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Haters galore. lol

bulldog312
02-18-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure why every thread like this has to turn into Bulls/Heat/Celtics fans hating on the other team and claiming theirs is better. Or just random fans who want to bash one of those teams. Can't we just agree that all 3 teams are contenders and within close proximity of each other and just leave it at that?

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-18-2011, 12:52 AM
And the Bulls are a much more balanced and well-rounded team than the Jazz were. The Jazz didn't have anyone like Noah or a versatile SF who can defend and score like Deng.

Daze9900
02-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I think what the person was trying to say about comparing the Jazz to the Bulls is that the Bulls are a great team but are they elite? Probably not. What will or can they get over the obvious humps (Orlando, Miami, Boston) remains to be seen. They are capable of beating those teams if they play well but they have to be on their A game and have some luck along the way. Jazz are similar because they are better than average and poor teams but they are just not good enough to get over their humps (lakers)

RZZZA
02-18-2011, 12:58 AM
the JAZZ? gtfo.

I wish I could put this entire thread on my ignore list

justinnum1
02-18-2011, 12:59 AM

lol

Flash3
02-18-2011, 01:03 AM
how do you figure?

why are you taking that as an insult the jazz fielded great teams like the ecf run

footballer2369
02-18-2011, 01:05 AM
I said they were the Jazz of the East a week ago and got a similar reaction. I see it too.

Cubs Win
02-18-2011, 01:06 AM
I said they were the Jazz of the East a week ago and got a similar reaction. I see it too.

Maybe because it's still not a valid comparison. Just teams with a few similarities...:shrug:

RZZZA
02-18-2011, 01:08 AM
there's no way to bring a bulls fan down right now, not today. This team set out everything it wanted to do after that road trip.

We avenged our loss to the bobcats, we beat the best team in the NBA, Keith Bogans is sinking his open looks, Derrick Rose broke his high score record, we made a statement to the media, and Noah is coming back soon.

Everything went perfectly.

marlinsfan24
02-18-2011, 01:09 AM
there's no way to bring a bulls fan down right now, not today. This team set out everything it wanted to do after that road trip.

We avenged our loss to the bobcats, we beat the best team in the NBA, Keith Bogans is sinking his open looks, Derrick Rose broke his high score record, we made a statement to the media, and Noah is coming back soon.

Wait till Thursday ;)!

But congrats on the win. You guys played really well today.

godolphins
02-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Basically they will get through 1st round and get their *** beat in the second round by Boston or Miami

Albrecht Duerer
02-18-2011, 01:10 AM
I think what the person was trying to say about comparing the Jazz to the Bulls is that the Bulls are a great team but are they elite? Probably not. What will or can they get over the obvious humps (Orlando, Miami, Boston) remains to be seen. They are capable of beating those teams if they play well but they have to be on their A game and have some luck along the way. Jazz are similar because they are better than average and poor teams but they are just not good enough to get over their humps (lakers)

The Bulls can beat those teams if they play well but then there are those scenarios where it comes down to rebounds, that can favor the Bulls. The Bulls are strong at where Miami is weak. The Bulls have quality starters in the post and they also have quality depth. And Miami doesnt have a PG that is up to the task of guarding Rose. If the Bulls can choke off the lane and Miami's shots arent falling, it becomes anyone's game.

Regarding Boston, Noah, Asik, Gibson, and Boozer are more athletic than almost every post player Boston has. It doesn't mean theyll win but it could definitely become a factor.

Hustlenomics
02-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Basically they will get through 1st round and get their *** beat in the second round by Boston or Miami

which is why they are the Jazz of the East :(

cubswin25
02-18-2011, 01:11 AM

When was the last time the Jazz had PG score 25 PPG? Along with a PF who is a 20/10 guy and not to mention a SF who scores 17 PPG game? Or heck a C as good as Noah? Or wait for wait for it, one of the best defensive teams in the league? I think when you look at it this way the Bulls are a true title contender, and games like tonight proved that. Sure IMO they might still need another small piece(upgrade at SG), and I hope they get that next week. But I guess when Rose goes off like tonight and Deng has a good game they don't anything to beat anyone.

Super.
02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Don't think the Jazz ever had the best defensive team in the league.

Neither does Chicago

Boston does :D

(But not by much!)

I must say, for someone who HATED Chicago and Derrick Rose this past offseason I have completely 180'd on that. They're a great team that needs one more piece (SG) and could be a legit contender for years

Super.
02-18-2011, 01:12 AM
I seen LeBron dismantle the Bulls last playoffs without Bosh and Wade ..the Heat are legit this year

Except the Bulls have Thibs. His defensive philosophies are simply unreal

Cubs Win
02-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Neither does Chicago

Boston does :D

(But not by much!)

I must say, for someone who HATED Chicago and Derrick Rose this past offseason I have completely 180'd on that. They're a great team that needs one more piece (SG) and could be a legit contender for years

Actually, the Bulls have the best defensive team...
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

Top Ten:
Chicago
Boston

Miami
Orlando
Milwaukee
San Antonio
New Orleans

Los Angeles
Memphis
Philadelphia

Albrecht Duerer
02-18-2011, 01:13 AM

This kind of talk is kind of amusing. You're talking about a team that has been an 8 seed playing a one seed for two years in a row and made things way closer than they should have been on paper. If there's one thing the Bulls haven't been, its paper tigers and that starts with Noah and Rose.

ManRam
02-18-2011, 01:15 AM
I vote "yes".

With Rose, Deng, Boozer and Noah, they have 4 of the top 50 players in the NBA. The only other team that can say that is Boston and maybe LA. They play great defense, they win at home. Rose gets all the credit (he deserves a ton), but this is a very well constructed TEAM.

cubswin25
02-18-2011, 01:15 AM

LOL what do you have that to base anything off? Just because their best player is a PG like the Jazz is? And the Jazz use to have Boozer? I could say the Heat are the Nuggets of the West?

footballer2369
02-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Maybe because it's still not a valid comparison. Just teams with a few similarities...:shrug:

When is a team comparison ever going to be more than imperfect. There are quite a few similarities.

The Bulls can beat those teams if they play well but then there are those scenarios where it comes down to rebounds, that can favor the Bulls. The Bulls are strong at where Miami is weak. The Bulls have quality starters in the post and they also have quality depth. And Miami doesnt have a PG that is up to the task of guarding Rose. If the Bulls can choke off the lane and Miami's shots arent falling, it becomes anyone's game.

Regarding Boston, Noah, Asik, Gibson, and Boozer are more athletic than almost every post player Boston has. It doesn't mean theyll win but it could definitely become a factor.

Wade can guard Rose and Mario has a history of limiting Rose. Miami isn't weak anywhere.

Who are Boozer and Asik more athletic than? Not Garnett and Perkins.

Zang.

cubswin25
02-18-2011, 01:18 AM

The Bulls have Rose, Deng, Taj Gibson and Noah from last years team. Not to mention they had a totally different coach. So the Bulls are a totally different team, and some players like Rose have gotten a lot better.

Super.
Actually, the Bulls have the best defensive team...
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff

That's just one statistic. Using just one stat to prove a point is kind of silly. Looking closer at each statistic. I would say they're around even.

plus basketball reference has the Celtics at #1, and they have a few more stats that ESPN

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html

ChI_ShIzzLe

Of course because the Heat have the 3 Messiahs who have a combined grand total of 1 championship between them. GTFOH.

ManRam
02-18-2011, 01:19 AM
Although I think they're "contenders", I do think they'll struggle to beat Boston, and probably Miami...and Orlando for that matter. They are in the tier with those 4 teams (I put Boston at a clear tier 1, and the other 3 at tier 2).

Flash3
02-18-2011, 01:19 AM
deron wiliams and boozer vs rose and boozer ? both have very good coaches (sloan takes the cake) hilariously almost the same players korver,brewer boozer

remember the jazz were beasting late in the season and may had a bigger run in the playoffs if okur didnt go down. people were actually saying they were the best team in the league

Cubs Win
02-18-2011, 01:20 AM
That's just one statistic. Using just one stat to prove a point is kind of silly. Looking closer at each statistic. I would say they're around even.

plus basketball reference has the Celtics at #1, and they have a few more stats that ESPN

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2011.html

I'm not sure which stat you're using, but is it Opponent PPG? Because that is quite flawed.

cubswin25
02-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Wade can guard Rose and Mario has a history of limiting Rose. Miami isn't weak anywhere.

Rose scored 34 on the Heat earlier this year with those guys guarding him. Whatever those guys did in the regular season in the past, has nothing to do with Rose this season.

ChI_ShIzzLe
02-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Whoever said Chalmers can limit Rose just made me LOL big time.

Super.
02-18-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure which stat you're using, but is it Opponent PPG? Because that is quite flawed.

They'res a few. It's close. But I forgot about D Eff. I could give them the #1 without hating on it.

John Walls Era
02-18-2011, 01:23 AM
I want them to play the Cs. We might see a historic series (more than the one in Rose's rookie year). Rose vs Rondo would be a great matchup, especially since they dislike each other.

Then we will see if they are truly a title contender.

uchiha
02-18-2011, 01:24 AM
with Rose playing like this.. absolutely

just look at Wade's performance back in 2006... Rose has the ability to carry this team to an NBA championship no doubt

droalex
02-18-2011, 01:24 AM
They dislike each other?