PDA

View Full Version : Is Sidney Rice an option

wakikisurfer
02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
With his size and only being 24 we may be able to offer a deal the Vikes can't match.

NateyB24
02-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Depends if the CBA still has franchise tags he will be franchised by the Vikings if there is no tags in the new one then we will be able to go after him.

Klivlend
02-17-2011, 04:44 PM
What would attract him to Seattle? Our strong QB play?

shen
02-17-2011, 04:49 PM
He is not an option however until he has a deal signed we will still pretend.

Captain Planet
02-17-2011, 05:10 PM

OC Bevell

NateyB24
02-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Money? Thats what he wants.

furmat60
02-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Money, our offensive coordinator, and our head coach.

Klivlend
02-17-2011, 06:45 PM
I suppose. I was just thinking an up-and-coming WR would like to play somewhere with an established QB to mature with or an up-and-coming QB with strong potential to develop with. Hasselbeck is done and does not have a future and Charlie is a big unknown and I think it would be a stretch to say he has strong potential. Do you really think if Sidney Rice made a list of the top 15 QBs he wants to play with in this league, that Hasselbeck or Charlie is going to be on that list? Most of the time it takes a lot of money to get a player to settle.

furmat60
02-17-2011, 07:04 PM
But that's the thing.......they know Matt is done. The know that we are going to get a new QB within the next year or two.

rwj3584
02-17-2011, 07:08 PM
At the moment I think anything is possible to an extent. Until the CBA is worked out its all a guessing game, but I would love to bring Sidney Rice to the Pacific Northwest to play along BMW and Obi1manubi.

Klivlend
02-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Ya, but why would he go somewhere to wait and hope for a good QB when he could sign somewhere that already has a good QB? Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him in a Hawks uniform. I just can't imagine a realistic scenario with him playing in the 206. Hell, who know, Pete's recruiting skills are still probably pretty sharp.

furmat60
02-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Well, Douchemenzdah chose use over MIN. If anyone could land Rice, it's Pete. I really hope we do. Man, Rice, Gallery, and Asomugha would be thee greatest off season EVAR.

shen
02-17-2011, 08:06 PM
But that's the thing.......they know Matt is done. The know that we are going to get a new QB within the next year or two.

And the Vikes are going to get one this off season so whats your point? I think he will wait to see how Vikes QB situation shakes before deciding anything. However if he likes new QB even a little he will stay a Viking.

Furesh2Death
02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
The Seahawks are primed for a huge offseason. But with our inexperience and young age at WR maybe we might go a little older. What the Hawks need is a good line and a top notch corner such as Nnamdi Asomugah, Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Antonio Cromartie, or possibly go older for a year until they get one by getting Ronde Barber.

furmat60
02-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Cromartie might be done with the Jets. I'd rather have Asomugha though. Woodson is definitely going to stay in Greenbay, and the Denver organization said that they want Champ Bailey to be a Bronco for life. I can't believe Ronde Barber still produces, that guy is amazing. I think our best shot is going to come at getting Asomugha, but it's going to cost us.

Captain Planet
02-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Cromartie might be done with the Jets. I'd rather have Asomugha though. Woodson is definitely going to stay in Greenbay, and the Denver organization said that they want Champ Bailey to be a Bronco for life. I can't believe Ronde Barber still produces, that guy is amazing. I think our best shot is going to come at getting Asomugha, but it's going to cost us.

Cro has mad speed and skills but he is a F'n D bag. There is no way I would want to be team mates with that F head. Jets are going after asomugha with letting Cro walk.

furmat60
02-18-2011, 01:31 AM
If they let Cromartie walk we can grab him. I know he's a douchebag, but the guy is good. We need talent, and if we keep worrying about everyone's character, we're never going to have a good team. Sometimes you have to let the petty **** go and go after talent.

House
02-18-2011, 02:36 AM
If they let Cromartie walk we can grab him. I know he's a douchebag, but the guy is good. We need talent, and if we keep worrying about everyone's character, we're never going to have a good team. Sometimes you have to let the petty **** go and go after talent.

One thing we need to keep in mind isherwood is 26 y/o. People mature differently and he's on the slow spectrum. He's made some stupid comments and has made some dumb decisions, but it's stuff that can be corrected. He's talented and with good coaching, he can get past his knuckleheadedness!

furmat60
02-18-2011, 02:37 AM
One thing we need to keep in mind isherwood is 26 y/o. People mature differently and he's on the slow spectrum. He's made some stupid comments and has made some dumb decisions, but it's stuff that can be corrected.

Yeah, he's got a lot of kids with a lot of women, but I don't think he's been charged with any crime or done jail time has he?

House
02-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Yeah, he's got a lot of kids with a lot of women, but I don't think he's been charged with any crime or done jail time has he?

He got busted for driving on a suspended license and failure to appear in court for the charge.

furmat60
02-18-2011, 02:57 AM
He got busted for driving on a suspended license and failure to appear in court for the charge.

Well that was dumb........But, like you said, correctable.

Hawksfan2010
02-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Aint no way after the fight Cro had with Hass he would come play for us if Matt is still on the team. However childish the comments were Cro still has a extreme distaste for Matt. I believe he tweeted about wanting to smash matts face in.

shen
02-19-2011, 06:12 PM
That's not a fight. Matt making a back handed comment and Cro having a high school flashback type response then it being over is not a fight.

House
02-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Aint no way after the fight Cro had with Hass he would come play for us if Matt is still on the team. However childish the comments were Cro still has a extreme distaste for Matt. I believe he tweeted about wanting to smash matts face in.

That's not a fight. Matt making a back handed comment and Cro having a high school flashback type response then it being over is not a fight.

I was referring to Matt not staying in SEA and Cro coming here...

ccg34
02-21-2011, 04:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6144597
Chad Greenway is getting the franchise tag from the Vikings. The chances of bringing in Rice has just increased!

House
02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6144597
Chad Greenway is getting the franchise tag from the Vikings. The chances of bringing in Rice has just increased!

Yup...

I just put it in the Free Agency Thread!

LET'S GO GET HIM (As soon as there is a CBA)!

House
02-21-2011, 04:38 PM
On Monday, we received official confirmation of that which was expected since at least last week: the Minnesota Vikings placed the franchise tag on linebacker Chad Greenway, and not wide receiver Sidney Rice. While this opens the door for Greenway's representation to continue extension talks with the Vikes while protecting him from other teams, Rice's future is more muddled.

Until Feb. 23, the Vikes can place the transition tag on Rice, though there have been reports -- notably from Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network -- that they won't. [Editor's note: As Doug Farrar of Football Outsiders notes, they'd leave themselves open to some poison pill revenge from the Seattle Seahawks if they did]. The other option is a long-term extension, and according to Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, that might require a deal that puts him amongst the Top 5 players at his position. The Vikes have an exclusive negotiating window until March 4.

After March 4 -- and pending the resolution of the labor impasse -- is when the fun begins. Although Rice missed much of the 2010 season, he was one of the most dangerous receiving weapons in the league in 2009, and at 24-years-old, is sure to attract a considerable amount of interest in free agency. One speculative possibility -- pending Rice's health being up to par -- is the New England Patriots. Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe tweeted Monday that Rice could be a match for the Pats' offensive system, at a position of relative need.

Bill Barnwell of Football Outsiders, on the other hand, doesn't believe Rice would be worth as much to the Pats as his likely contract value.

Meanwhile, over on our AFC West blog, Bill Williamson makes the case that three of the teams in that division -- the San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and especially the Kansas City Chiefs -- may show some interest in Rice once free agency begins.

- Tim Kavanagh

We're not a team mentioned as a destination. Let's sneak in there!!!

House
02-21-2011, 11:36 PM
MIN can't used the TRANSITION Tag on Rice. He doesnt have 6 accrued years. Suckas!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/vikings-cant-use-transition-tag-on-sidney-rice/

Until he signs somewhere else, we have a shot!!!

I can see it now... "The Twin Towers of the Emerald City" (BMW & Rice)

Hawksfan2010
02-22-2011, 12:17 AM

Do we know its over? Cro was pretty pissed. Like I said how ever childish it is Cro may still have bad feelings. How can we as fans know that its over.

shen
02-22-2011, 04:54 AM
It was a heat of the moment comment Cro made after already listening to remarks from other more highly regarded players criticizing him. Honestly it did not read as a personal thing even a little. Was more like when you get tired of credit card company playing musical reps and finally just yell FIX IT!

Wild1414
02-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Do we know its over? Cro was pretty pissed. Like I said how ever childish it is Cro may still have bad feelings. How can we as fans know that its over.

You know what helps bad feelings?? MONEY! which we would throw at him so he could atleast catch up on child support. As much as i have always disliked cro he is a player most teams would want, and i have always thought he says some really stupid things becuase his head coach does the same thing, maybe if he was under pete he would be different?

furmat60
02-22-2011, 11:11 PM
^ He's not going to change who he is, but you're right about the money part. Money would forget he was mad at Matt lol.

FWBrodie
02-23-2011, 01:40 AM
Cromartie is a moron and not even that good. I don't want him here.

Seattle4Ever
02-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Cromartie is a moron and not even that good. I don't want him here.

If he came to Seattle he'd be the best one on our roster, by far.

NateyB24
02-23-2011, 10:03 PM
No thanks to Cromartie he is a terrible tackler and is scared of contact.

Seattle4Ever
02-23-2011, 11:14 PM
No thanks to Cromartie he is a terrible tackler and is scared of contact.

.... no he's not.

Caribou Lou
02-24-2011, 12:19 AM
I know its not last years statistics....but profootball focus rated Cromartie just out of the top 10 in tackling inefficiency rating for the 2009 season. (The higher you are the worse it is)

(Number of Missed Tackles/[Number of Missed Tackles + Number of Solo Tackles]) x 100 = TIR

Cromartie's TIR was a 16.22 (so he may indeed be a bad tackler and/or scared of contact), interestingly, Asomugha's was even worse (4th worst actually) at 20.51.

Also of interest, OJ Atogwe was 9th best among safeties, sporting a 5.08 TIR and only missing 3 tackles in 59 solo attempts.

House
02-24-2011, 02:03 AM
I know its not last years statistics....but profootball focus rated Cromartie just out of the top 10 in tackling inefficiency rating for the 2009 season. (The higher you are the worse it is)

(Number of Missed Tackles/[Number of Missed Tackles + Number of Solo Tackles]) x 100 = TIR

Cromartie's TIR was a 16.22 (so he may indeed be a bad tackler and/or scared of contact), interestingly, Asomugha's was even worse (4th worst actually) at 20.51.

Also of interest, OJ Atogwe was 9th best among safeties, sporting a 5.08 TIR and only missing 3 tackles in 59 solo attempts.

I knew OJ was a tackling machine. Would be awesome if he became a Seahawk, but I don't see it happening!!!

Back to Rice... I want him in a Seahawks jersey REAL BAD!!!

NateyB24
02-24-2011, 02:11 AM
.... no he's not.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/01/22/antonio-cromartie-looks-like-he-was-tanking-against-the-jets-on-two-crucial-4th-quarter-plays/

Theres proof right there that doesn't look bad to you? He does have some pass coverage abilities but he also has been picked on in that aswell.

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
02-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Rice-a-roni!! Lets gettm folks...

Seattle4Ever
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/01/22/antonio-cromartie-looks-like-he-was-tanking-against-the-jets-on-two-crucial-4th-quarter-plays/

Theres proof right there that doesn't look bad to you? He does have some pass coverage abilities but he also has been picked on in that aswell.

Nice. Two plays in his entire career. Plus, on that 4th and 1 play, he wasn't even near being able to tackle him.

NateyB24
02-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice. Two plays in his entire career. Plus, on that 4th and 1 play, he wasn't even near being able to tackle him.

Your right he was nowhere near the play he backed off and didn't even make an attempt. Theres a reason why the Chargers traded him and why the Jets are letting him go.

furmat60
02-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Your right he was nowhere near the play he backed off and didn't even make an attempt. Theres a reason why the Chargers traded him and why the Jets are letting him go.

Yeah, because the Chargers are too cheap to pay him and he was hurt with the Jets this season. They don't wan his salary either when they're already paying Revis.

Cromartie is a top 10 corner. No doubt about it.

FWBrodie
02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah, because the Chargers are too cheap to pay him and he was hurt with the Jets this season. They don't wan his salary either when they're already paying Revis.

Cromartie is a top 10 corner. No doubt about it.

You have to be F-ing kidding me. No way dude, you're blazed out of your mind right now.

..and the Chargers traded him because they knew he was completely over rated based on the hype of his rookie season. He was terrible his second season.

Seattle4Ever
02-24-2011, 07:22 PM
You have to be F-ing kidding me. No way dude, you're blazed out of your mind right now.

..and the Chargers traded him because they knew he was completely over rated based on the hype of his rookie season. He was terrible his second season.

10 interceptions in a season means you are bad nowadays. Right?

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I used to like the kid until his neck blew a bubble... No thank you to the cro...

House
02-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I used to like the kid until his neck blew a bubble... No thank you to the cro...

NICE... lol

I don't think he's really that bad... He's got 9 kids to support. Job security ($$$) would be important to me too!

Hawksfan2010
02-25-2011, 04:04 PM

They also thought Cason and Jammer were way better. Thats saying something. That being said I would take him over the CBs on our roster. I do think Thurmond will be good. He is a good option if we miss out on ASO.

ccg34
02-28-2011, 02:40 PM
They also thought Cason and Jammer were way better. Thats saying something. That being said I would take him over the CBs on our roster. I do think Thurmond will be good. He is a good option if we miss out on ASO.

http://concede330.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/cromartie-hasselbeck-kiss-and-make-up/

Looks like Matt and Cromartie has made up. He would be a solid addition to our team.

Seattle4Ever
02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
http://concede330.wordpress.com/2011/02/27/cromartie-hasselbeck-kiss-and-make-up/

Looks like Matt and Cromartie has made up. He would be a solid addition to our team.

I'm not so sure...
I don’t know about you, but those look like some forced, fake smiles! I would be that someone from the union got ahold of these two and talked them into “kissing & making up” to help the union appear to have a united front as they approach the end of the current CBA on March 3rd.

But I'd love to have Cromartie :shrug:

Seattle4Ever
02-28-2011, 10:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/27/sidney-rice-will-not-re-sign-with-vikings-before-free-agency/

Sidney Rice will NOT resign with the Vikes before the deadline.

House
02-28-2011, 10:46 PM
We can still dream, and if I were running the Seattle Seahawks or St. Louis Rams, the 24-year-old Rice would rank high on my list of targets. But first I'd want team doctors to fully assess the hip injury that required surgery and affected Rice last season. Without that injury, the Vikings presumably would have re-signed Rice by now or considered naming him their franchise player, a designation they used for linebacker Chad Greenway.
Rice caught 83 passes for 1,312 yards and eight touchdowns during the 2009 season. He was looking like the NFL's next great wideout until the hip injury struck during the NFC title game. Rice played only six games in 2010, catching 17 passes for 280 yards and two scores.

Seattle and St. Louis make the most sense among NFC West suitors because, unlike Arizona and San Francisco, neither team has invested heavily in the receiver position. The Seahawks also have ties to Rice now that former Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell has taken the same job in Seattle.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33655/the-vikings-sidney-rice-and-the-nfc-west

I'd be so pissed if he landed in STL!!!

furmat60
03-01-2011, 12:15 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33655/the-vikings-sidney-rice-and-the-nfc-west

I will be ****ing irate. We BETTER land him. Everyone that says we don't have a shot at getting him just stfu right now.

FWBrodie
03-01-2011, 03:22 AM

STL is getting a #1 regardless of whether it's Rice, Julio, Green, or Baldwin. The difference is that I doubt the Hawks would move up to take one of those guys if they missed out on Rice with so many other needs. It's been clear that Carroll wants an elite talent at WR though so I expect them to be chasing Rice hard.

NateyB24
03-01-2011, 03:42 AM
I will be ****ing irate. We BETTER land him. Everyone that says we don't have a shot at getting him just stfu right now.

We do have a chance we are really well off with our cap since we cut Housh and traded Branch i believe we have 50Mil to work with. What it comes down to is what we offer him he won't care about whos at center if you pay him enough.

Hawks4ever
03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
we deffinatly have a shot at him as does St. louis unfortunatly with a young prospect at corner and being a little farther along in the rebuild process than us im not sure on there cap room though, I think we have just as good of a chance to land him though and we need to ecause nomater who is at QB next year for us he will make them so much better along with BMW wheather its matt or charlie or a rookie it would help to have someone like rice to through the ball up to but another thing to remember is when Burlson was leaveing minisota he was supposed to be great and he was kinda a bust so you never know how rice will really turn out at least thats my take

Nwsports22
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM

A Rice and Jones combo would be scary!!

NateyB24
03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
A Rice and Jones combo would be scary!!

I think Julio Jones upped his stock and could go to the Redskins which is good and A.J Green to either the Bengals or Carolina (Although Carolina has good recievers they will need to replace Steve Smith.)

I hope neither of them end up in St. Louis, Baldwin is another good reciever in this draft but i don't think he would be as scarey as Jones or Green.

Nwsports22
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I think Julio Jones upped his stock and could go to the Redskins which is good and A.J Green to either the Bengals or Carolina (Although Carolina has good recievers they will need to replace Steve Smith.)

I hope neither of them end up in St. Louis, Baldwin is another good reciever in this draft but i don't think he would be as scarey as Jones or Green.

Your probably right. He put up those numbers on an injured foot.

CHAWKSFLYNHGH
03-04-2011, 05:27 AM
When is Baldwin projected to go?? I would like to see is get Rice, and I could see Sims-Walker going to St. louis... Rice would have to know that he would be better in a WCO and he could get his payday from Seattle since the Rams are poor.

furmat60
03-04-2011, 11:38 AM
When is Baldwin projected to go?? I would like to see is get Rice, and I could see Sims-Walker going to St. louis... Rice would have to know that he would be better in a WCO and he could get his payday from Seattle since the Rams are poor.

I could see this....they probably want receivers with experience to help out Bradford. If so, that would increase our chances of getting Rice. I want him, and it's possible, but I'm not counting on it. I'm treating this situation just like the Brandon Marshall situation last year.

Blazers#1Fan
03-22-2011, 06:47 PM
I could see us going after sidney rice or steve smith a big next to BMW I think there both 6'4" BMW might be 6'5" or I could see us trying to swing Steve smith small and Quick next to the big BMW but I way rather have rice If we get ASO and Rice that makes my year and if we could swing a trade for Kolb we easily win the the division for years to come I think Rice is almost as good as Fitz when healthy which is the best case if we could Offer Eagles 1st this year and a 3 in 2013 I think that's a good shot at getting him then offer Rice a good amount of money and make ASO highest paid CB in the NFL I would cry!

I would love to watch this offense

QB Kolb/whitehurst
HB Forsett/Lynch/Washington
WR BMW/Rice/OBU
TE Carlson

shen
03-22-2011, 08:47 PM
calm down, Rice has had 1 year that he actually played and looked decent. That year was unbelievable for the entire team. It is by NO means enough to put him anywhere close to Fitz.

House
03-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on Michael Floyd? Many think he'll come out in the Supplemental Draft and could go anywhere from a 2nd-5th rd pick. I know he's had 2 alcohol-related incidences, but those are dumb kid mistakes that can be corrected with coaching.

Not saying I fully endorse it, but it's a thought!

shen
03-23-2011, 05:55 AM
Who was that guy Jags had for years who had drug and alcohol issues? He never outgrew them. I am not saying same deal. I am just saying that some people don't outgrow stuff and should not draft someone unless you are sure got people in place to keep um strait.

House
03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Who was that guy Jags had for years who had drug and alcohol issues? He never outgrew them. I am not saying same deal. I am just saying that some people don't outgrow stuff and should not draft someone unless you are sure got people in place to keep um strait.

Matt Jones had a cocaine issue. He looks like he finally is got his past behind him. He was with the Bengals last season.

We could draft a WR late of even look at the undrafteds. Michael Floyd has great size (6'3" 220lbs), hands and is a good route runner.

Blazers#1Fan
03-23-2011, 11:30 AM
calm down, Rice has had 1 year that he actually played and looked decent. That year was unbelievable for the entire team. It is by NO means enough to put him anywhere close to Fitz.

That year Rice had a QB not Jackson and injured Favre and he wasn't injured I also said Almost Shen Almost if he can return to form I don't see why he couldn't get close to Fitz numbers same size both grab the ball out the Air, Rice is a Level below Fitz aleast the year we were able to see
But he could get a lot better he is still yet to reach full potential and is young Rice and BMW is a nice combo of Speed and Size

I hope we get Kolb I think we are the team to get him Vik's will get a QB in the draft IMO and reports say Us and the viks are the teams interested IMO I'm just glad the Hassle is gone I never liked him IDK Why I think he's a better teacher then Franchise QB I think he has a future as a QB coach Kolb would be Perfect in a WC Offense short accurate passes and able to scramble and with are 3Headed Monster at HB all we need is a better WR Core, IMO I see Kolb like Drew Brees in SD

Lockout Hurry the hell up and get over with before the draft

ccg34
03-23-2011, 12:35 PM

Come on bro, you live in Arkansas. You should know Matt Jones. lol

shen
03-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I moved to Arkansas on August 30th 2010. When did Jones go to UA?

shen
03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
For the record I remembered the Matt part but could not remember the Jones part.

Rice can't come close to Fitz. Maybe in yards but not in TD's. Fitz without a decent QB and while forcing double teams put up damn near as good as Rice did with a healthy Favre and ton of other weapons that kept him from being focused on.

Seattle4Ever
03-23-2011, 07:08 PM
For the record I remembered the Matt part but could not remember the Jones part.

Rice can't come close to Fitz. Maybe in yards but not in TD's. Fitz without a decent QB and while forcing double teams put up damn near as good as Rice did with a healthy Favre and ton of other weapons that kept him from being focused on.

You call this healthy?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/1025/injuries.html

shen
03-23-2011, 07:13 PM
That first year with Vikes he was healthy. He had best year of his career, he was healthy.

Seattle4Ever
03-23-2011, 07:19 PM
That first year with Vikes he was healthy. He had best year of his career, he was healthy.

It was one of his best years, but um, he was not completely healthy.

Nov 20, 2009 Groin, hip
Nov 13, 2009 Hip/groin
Oct 30, 2009 Hip
Oct 09, 2009 Foot/ankle/knee
Oct 03, 2009 Foot

Blazers#1Fan
03-24-2011, 04:51 AM
It was one of his best years, but um, he was not completely healthy.

On second thought that hip is a problem, I forgot it was his hip in 09 maybe we should stay away from rice, his hip might be a problem! What other FA WR are there? I know steve smith(Giants)! I think we should try for a WR in the draft or Trade for one

Braylon Edwards
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith
MSW

House
03-24-2011, 10:24 AM
On second thought that hip is a problem, I forgot it was his hip in 09 maybe we should stay away from rice, his hip might be a problem! What other FA WR are there? I know steve smith(Giants)! I think we should try for a WR in the draft or Trade for one

Braylon Edwards
Sidney Rice
Steve Smith
MSW

Rice: He has had ample time to recover from the injury. Should've had the surgery as soon as '09 season ended.

Edwards: Off the field issues, a DIVA and suspect hands. No thanks

Smith: He's a Possession WR. We already have one in BMW. Coming off of shoulder/knee injuries worries me too.

Sims-Walker: I like the guy. He can spread the field. Some character/work ethic issues, but I'd take a look at him.