PDA

View Full Version : should the lakers go after a PG like harris?

stlbest5in2013
02-17-2011, 03:06 PM
was listening to JT the brick ths morning on the radio, and Rooney said fisher is garbage, and so is artest, but no team is looking to add a ron artest for any reason via trade.

so i guess is, they are stck with artest, and he feels the pg is he weak link of the lakers.

im not a lakers fan, and i dont see how they could get harris if they wanted to without a 3rd or even a 4th team.

Lake_Show2416
02-17-2011, 03:15 PM
ya sure why not

this is gonna get locked

tdunk21
02-17-2011, 03:18 PM
post it in laker forum....

IMO why would nets give up harris for any of the present lakers....

redsox0717
02-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Fisher needs to retire

championships
02-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Sure sounds good. Why do people always have to point out when a thread should be moved,,, So annoying.

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
was listening to JT the brick ths morning on the radio, and Rooney said fisher is garbage, and so is artest, but no team is looking to add a ron artest for any reason via trade.

so i guess is, they are stck with artest, and he feels the pg is he weak link of the lakers.

im not a lakers fan, and i dont see how they could get harris if they wanted to without a 3rd or even a 4th team.

When you say "like Harris" what are you getting at? Are you referring to one that is a light-skinned black guy?

nickdymez
02-17-2011, 03:37 PM
lmfao

rurichie
02-17-2011, 03:45 PM
We would give u Harris for Gasol lol but I don't see anything the Nets really need from the Lakers

The BodyGuard
02-17-2011, 03:52 PM
When you say "like Harris" what are you getting at? Are you referring to one that is a light-skinned black guy?

LoL,

Maybe Andre Miller? ?

tangent12
02-17-2011, 03:53 PM
Nah, their problem lies someplace else. I think the chemistry is ****ed up..

Giraffes Rule
02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
If they could get a point guard who shoots well from the outside like Fisher, but can actually defend other point guards then they should definitely do that. They don't really need a slashing point guard in the triangle offense though.

carnage101
02-17-2011, 04:16 PM
as a laker fan we went thru this last year... fish is amazing in the playoffs i would want no one else.... he's a team leader and a coach on the floor the lakers never lost because of fishers lack of production. If the lakers are relying on fishers production they should lose. This idea is stupid in my opinion, lakers are fine barnes will come back and fill in for artest's lack of production. Lakers don't need any moves unless it involves bynum for howard...

Teeboy1487
02-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Harris can't shoot. The last thing we need is another horrible shooter

ramsizzle
02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Kirk Hinrich would be perfect for the Lakers.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Maybe they should have held on to Farmar and worked on developing him.

Albrecht Duerer
02-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Oh, but he had that one good game against the Celtics last year in the finals...can't let go of that.

kbaxter34
02-17-2011, 04:30 PM
If they could get a point guard who shoots well from the outside like Fisher, but can actually defend other point guards then they should definitely do that. They don't really need a slashing point guard in the triangle offense though.

This

Its not that important to have a true point guard in the triangle. Just need better defense from that position

ManRam
02-17-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't think Harris is a good fit in the triangle, but that's just me.

His game isn't entirely conducive, and he doesn't shoot the ball well enough.

shep33
02-17-2011, 05:16 PM

Your right, he wouldn't fit in. A guy like Hinrich would be perfect, good defender can shoot, but more then anything he isn't afraid to shoot unlike Blake. I've seen Steve Blake pass up so many wide open three's this year. Either way I think we'll be fine.

We need to keep Artest despite people saying trade him... the guy holds Durant to like mid 30% shooting, and he did a great job on Pierce in the Finals. I think once Barnes comes back, it'll help us a lot, Barnes is actually one of our more efficient offensive players. Above 47% from the field, 81% from the line, in comparison to Ron shooting 39%from the field and 62% from the line.

Tony_Starks
02-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Harris would be a waste in the triangle. Fisher fits perfectly. Keeping it real at this point the Lakers don't care about the regular season but Fish is money when it counts. Thats all that matters when you've been winning chips with him.

Teeboy1487
02-17-2011, 05:20 PM

I definitely agree. He is the type that needs the ball in his hands. At the PG position, we need someone who can shoot and defend. Harris does neither so why would he be any use to us? Most definitely a bad fit.

magichatnumber9
02-17-2011, 05:26 PM
D Fish has done so much for that Franchise and yet he still gets **** on! I guess the LA media is as bad as the NY media after all. Laid back my ***

Gram
02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Fisher needs to retire

Same with Shaq, you silly Celtic fan.