PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst move your favorite team has made?

The-Bangwagon
02-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Fa signing, trade, coach.. What ever

blazers sign darius miles for a huge contract...

Memphis trades gasol to l.a

The-Bangwagon
02-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Lol blazers sign rudy fernandez expecting him to be an allstar in the years to come...

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Sam Perkins for Benoit Benjamin.
I thinks thats the worst deal ever from Lakers.

hoopsguy820
02-17-2011, 01:30 PM
The Bulls/Jerry Krause trading Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler. Granted Elton Brand didn't pan out in the long run but he had a couple potential MVP years with the clippers. Chandler averaged a good 8 and 10 while Brand is getting 25, 12, and 5. And not that it was a move but Jay Williams in the motorcycle accident. That put us back a couple years as well.

hdxstunts1
Bulls gave up Captain Kirk, and didnt recieve one of the big 3...he's the missing link right now!

Bornknick73
Knicks trading Mark Jackson for Doc Rivers and Charles Smith

After that fiasco the Knicks never could get that Star PG that Ewing needed for his entire career.

EPIC FAIL and worst trade in Knicks history.

Now dont get me started on the Knicks worst Drafts...there isnt enough room in this thread for those failures.

ugafan
Joe Johnson's contract trumps all.

koLohe2133
Denver broncos hire Josh McDaniels to take huge dump on a franchise

In basketball, idk

The-Bangwagon
02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
LOL Joe Johnson getting paid like Lebron James

Rentzias
02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Nugs made no effort to get Chauncey back in the early days. Other than that, I don't know if drafting fails count as bad "moves" cause the Nuggets have quite a few of those.

The-Bangwagon
02-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Darcooooooooooooooooo miliccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc!!!!!!!!

Ray_R
02-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Anything from 1998-2008 (including Hiring Vinny Del Negro)

Sportfan
02-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Trading Billiups and Joe Johnson for ****

tangent12
02-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Bulls gave up Captain Kirk, and didnt recieve one of the big 3...he's the missing link right now!

THIS!!!

And some dumb Bulls fans were okay with it. It was obviously a dumb move that had to be made at the time .. I guess.. not really.. but yeah anyways, I still didn't approve of it. You just don't find combo guards as good as Hinrich nowadays, the guy is a solid all around guard and like HD said he is the missing link.

I can just picture Kirk with the team now.. smh. I hope the Bulls bring him back so he can finish his career where he's supposed to, in Chicago.

RowanJournalist
02-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Extending Iguodala for too much money.

Signing Brand instead of Josh Smith.

Trading Kyle Korver.

hdxstunts1
02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
THIS!!!

And some dumb Bulls fans were okay with it. It was obviously a dumb move that had to be made at the time .. I guess.. not really.. but yeah anyways, I still didn't approve of it. You just don't find combo guards as good as Hinrich nowadays, the guy is a solid all around guard and like HD said he is the missing link.

I can just picture Kirk with the team now.. smh. I hope the Bulls bring him back so he can finish his career where he's supposed to, in Chicago.

He'll be back, i know it, they didnt burn bridges there and Kirk already wants to be back.

I just wish he was here now. Rose, Kirk, Deng, Boozer, Noah...with Brewer, Asik, Gibson, Korver, Watson, JJ...(We most likely wouldn't have gotten Bogans or Tomas though)

tdunk21
02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Spurs: trading Luis scola to rockets, Goran Dragic to Suns, Drafting Malik Hairston

Cavs: not giving lebron enough support cast .....

Hitman21
02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Gilberts 100 million....fml

MagicHero3
02-17-2011, 02:11 PM
magic trading for Vince Carter

Skizzik
02-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Not resigning Nash...just ouch. Mavs fans always talk about how Dirk needed a Robin...but with Nash, they could have traded roles all the time. And they are best friends too...so much chemistry and talent.

The Jokemaker
02-17-2011, 02:32 PM
As a Grizzlies fan I liked the Gasol deal to LA. Worked out well.

Worst move they made I think was signing Milicic, trading Love for Mayo, or signing Brian Cardinal to a big contract.

serrano275
02-17-2011, 02:58 PM
1. Magic making Rashard Lewis the most over paid player in NBA history.
2. Letting Tim Duncan leave Orlando with out siging a contract so he can think about it.
3. The early 90s all-start team we put together ten years too late.

We never had a chance of keeping Shaq from LA IMO.
Tracy McGrady should of stayed but that's on him.
I don't think the Carter deal was bad:

1. Alston has lost it and disapeared from the NBA.
2. Lee is a bench player everywhere.
3. Battie is Battie.
4. We got Anderson out the deal.
5. Stats show that Vince Carter has been a 2nd best go to guy behind Howard in the last 4 seasons for Orlando.

Ray
02-17-2011, 03:23 PM
The Bulls could have had a front court of Elton Brand, Brad Miller, and Ron Artest in the post Jordon Era... But we traded them all away for Jalen Rose and Tyson Chandler =(

Da Knicks
02-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Hiring Isiah Thomas!!!

tangent12
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
He'll be back, i know it, they didnt burn bridges there and Kirk already wants to be back.

I just wish he was here now. Rose, Kirk, Deng, Boozer, Noah...with Brewer, Asik, Gibson, Korver, Watson, JJ...(We most likely wouldn't have gotten Bogans or Tomas though)

Amen, brother. Aaaamen.

Kirk deserves to finish his career here and be part of our championship run. The guy gave the team so much the years he was here, it is only fair we bring him back and let him be part of what he started.

And damn, I know man.. just thinking about it. I miss Kirk. :(

abe_froman
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
all time? picking gilmore over moses malone in the aba dispersal draft.gilmore's good but was passing his prime, malone was young and is one of the 5-10 best centers of all time.

recently: lma for tyrus thomas

dfritz03
02-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Extending Iguodala for too much money.

Signing Brand instead of Josh Smith.

Trading Kyle Korver.

1. Agree
2. Signing a damaged good all star in Brand to that kind of a deal is easily number one for me, but they tried getting Smith but Atlana matched the contract offer as a RFA and there wasn't much they could do about it.
3. Didn't really make a difference honestly

The trade with the Kings this offseason with Dalembert and Nocioni really bothers me.. picked up 7 mil for next year when they already have too many SF and they could have just sucked it up for another year and let Dalembert's 11 mil walk

Tony_Starks
02-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Trading Nick Van Exel and Eddie Jones in their primes because we had an idiot coach that didn't know how to use them.

Signing Luke Walton to an horrendously long lucrative contract.

But the biggest and worst mistake was not sending James Worthy home after game 1 win in 1991 Finals vs the Bulls. He was already gimpy, we had the split, and he could've came home and recovered for the rest of the series or at least game 3. Instead we milked him and he was screwed for the rest of the series, game over, series over.

JWO35
02-17-2011, 07:28 PM
1 Word: Darko :pity:

Gambeezy
02-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Drafting Beasley over Westbrook. It all ended up working out, but Westy would have nice on the Heat. Last year I would have said Brook Lopez, but he's playing so soft and not rebounding that it's hard to watch him play anymore.

BigBlueCrew
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Hiring Isiah Thomas!!!

Damn you beat me to it

x1000000

haggis
02-17-2011, 07:38 PM
Spurs: trading Luis scola to rockets, Goran Dragic to Suns, Drafting Malik Hairston
Cavs: not giving lebron enough support cast .....

You shut your mouth about Malik. I used to eat lunch every damn day with him at the U of O. Too bad all that Orange chicken at Panda Express made him suck at basketball...

SteBO
02-17-2011, 07:39 PM
This year: picking up Mario Chalmers' option

haggis
02-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Lamarcus Aldridge for Tyrus

Giving Ben Wallace any type of money

John Lucas III

johnnychan
02-17-2011, 07:43 PM
This is no way the worst move made by the Lakers, but I'm a Wake Forest fan. I'm still pissed about the Lakers drafting Brian Cooks scrub *** over Josh Howard in the 2003 draft.

Time2Dieeee
02-17-2011, 07:52 PM
*heat fan*

prolly raising ticket prices for next year

rsteeley91
02-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Red Sox: Trading Bagwell for a shmuck
Celtics:Gettin rid of Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson
Pats: Letting Curtis Martin go
Bruins:Trading Joe Thorton (fact: bruins have no one on their team who was involved in the Thorton trade)

kingkenny01
02-17-2011, 08:05 PM
The Milwaukee Bucks where to begin
-Trading away Kareem Abdul Jabar
-Allowing Dr. J to leave and never play for the Bucks
-Drafting Glenn Robinson over Jason Kidd, Grant Hill
-Trading Away Dirk
-Trading Away Ray Allen for gary payton and then leting payton leave at the end of the season
-Firing George Karl
-Signing Michael Redd to a terrible contract
-Drafting Bogut over Chris Paul and Deron Williams
-Drafting Joe Alexander
-Having Dan Gadzuric on the team at all
-Signing John Salmons and Drew Gooden for so much and for so many years

Ah well at least we are not Cleveland

Tonji10
02-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Drafts? There are so many mistakes for the Raptors in that department. The one that always hunts me is that we passed up on Dwayne Wade for Chris Bosh. I guess during that time, it was an understandable move, considering we had Carter...but the guy demanded a trade 3 months after the draft :(
If I could go back in time, I'll definitely draft Wade with the 4th pick of the NBA Draft.

Drafting Bargiani with the number one pick of the draft. I remember sitting at home, watching the draft hoping and praying that they pick Brandon Roy or LeMarcus Aldridge, but no. Though I guess today it's not that much of a bad deal since Roy's knees are basically done. Though still, it would have been nice to see Bosh and Roy on the same team.

Trades:
The Vince Carter Trade of course, I didn't mind the trade but we got so many scrubs in return...unbelievable.

Not Trading Bosh for Beasley. I know, I know...but as a GM I still would have taken that chance. Why get nothing in return? We could have had a guy that gives us at least 20 ppg by now, in addition to Bargiani and DeRozan. It could have been nice. Plus, I've always that thought that with the right coach and tutor, Beasley could become a mature player that could at least lead his team to the playoff.

Oh yeah firing Coach Sam Mitchell. It was too early to fire him in my opinion. I always thought that he was a great coach, his journey with the Raptors ended too early.

Ah my mind is blank from all the studying, I can't think of any more bad moves.

With the Lakers...trading away Caron Butler for Kwame Brown...What the F---- was that?

tcav701
02-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Im torn between Rick Pitino and Vin Baker....

gbpackers12
02-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Darko or trading Billups. Both moves piss me off to this day.

arkanian215
02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Might just be the Dr. J fiasco (kinda had our hand forced though). Antoine Wright over Danny Granger.

dtmagnet
02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Drafting Araujo 8th overall.

FLMeth06
02-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Drafting Michael Beasley. Obviusly if we had picked Westbrook or Lopez then we probably don't have the big 3, so I guess it worked out. Another bad one was trading for Ricky Davis & Mark Blount. Other than that, we really suck at drafting players.

knicks=love
02-17-2011, 11:46 PM
isaiah ****ing thomas

TylerSL
02-18-2011, 12:05 AM
I would say ever dealing with Juwan Howard in the 90's..............

Kashmir13579
02-18-2011, 12:35 AM
since i've been a fan, its a tossup between Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury, Eddy Curry, Jalen Rose, etc etc etc

fadedmario
02-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Darko

Crackadalic
02-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Drafting decent to scrub players instead of allstars(Balkman over rondo)
Knicks trading Ewing
Knicks giving H20 100 mil and retiring a year and a half after
Trading Nene Hilario, Marcus Camby, and Mark Jackson for trash
Knicks trading picks(Noah And LA) to get Eddy curry
Isiah Thomas nuff said

And Thats from the top of my head. Dont even feel like thinking about anything else we did that screw the franchise for a whole decade

Bookey
02-18-2011, 01:07 AM
BULLS: From 1998 to Now - Breaking up our Dynasty with something left in the tank leading up to the following things to happen, drafting Michael Ruffin instead of Manu Ginobli, releasing Bruce Bowen, drafting Marcus Fizer instead of pretty much anyone in the draft, Sign Ron Mercer, Khalid El-Amin (need I say more), Trade Elton Brand for Chandler, Taking Trenton Hassell one pick before Gilbert Arenas (he let us know about in the playoffs two years in a row), Ron Artest & Brad Miller (who both became all-stars in Indiana) for Jalen Rose deal, Only if we knew the future we could of took Amare instead of Jay Williams (DAMN YOU MOTORCYCLES!!!!), Sign a 38 year old Scottie Pippen, trade Jamal Crawford to the Knicks for a bunch of bums & a washed up Mutumbo (who we traded away for even more terrible players, Trading Lemarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas, sign Ben Wallace,Trading Tyson Chandler to the Hornets, Trading J.R. Smith (who are now interested in getting back), Drafting Derrick Rose (JUST KIDDING!!!!!), Letting Shannon Brown go (even tho we didn't need him at the time, its the thought that counts), Drafting James Johnson instead of Dejuan Blair, Let Ben Gordon go to Detroit, Sign Janeero Pargo again, Not resigning John Salmons, Trading Kirk Hinrich for nothing (so much for clearing space), & Most of all our biggest mistake is letting Michael Jordan retire (the possibility of so many more rings)

With all of that being said, I love where the team is right now, D.Rose 4 MVP Baby!!!!!!

sf-fanatic
02-18-2011, 01:29 AM
the warriors...

dont even know where to begin

Cal827
02-18-2011, 05:42 AM
-Trading Vince Carter for a buy-out and 3 fringe players
- Outbidding Portland to get Hedo
- Trading away the pick used on Hibbert (a good center, the 5 that we could use right now for Jermaine O'neal (High-risk, High-reward that ended up blowing up)
- Not resigning Marion
- Firing Mitchell
- Hiring a Coach who has never heard of the term "defense"
- Not trading Bosh at the deadline
- Passive-Agressive remarks about the departure
- Picking Araujo over Iggy, Jefferson
- Picking Graham over Granger,
- Picking Villanueva over Bynum (He was good, but we already had Bosh at PF so this didn't make any sense)

I think that's a small sample of the group lol

BlondeBomber41
02-18-2011, 06:01 AM
1. Letting Nash walk and not getting anything in return.
2. Not trading for Paul Pierce when he was offered to the Mavs in 2004
3. Letting Brandon Bass walk for nothing
4. Erick Dampier's huge contract
5. Desagna Diop's huge contract
6. Brendan Haywood's huge contrac

Phenomenonsense
02-18-2011, 06:13 AM
Darko. Coach Q. I mean, even the CV money worked out because he and Daye are best friends which is only good for his development I'd assume. Soon to be made mistakes:

Not trading away Rip for ANY expiring. (Joe D values him too much)
Not trading Tmac for a later first rounder/second rounder
Not trading Prince for some young talent or picks.

PrestigeWldWde
02-18-2011, 06:23 AM
The Bulls trading the rights to LaMarcus Aldrige for Tyrus Thomas on draft day. :(

caddiemaster
02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm a Warriors fan........Where do I start?Parish and Mchale To boston for Joe Berry-Carol!Wilt Chamberlain to Phillie for who?Oh and a time out .......to our good buddy chris webber fot Tom Gugliatto!

Stack_NJNets
02-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Trading Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson for: Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee, Tony Battie. :facepalm:

psperry34116
02-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Trading Joe and losing chauncey

LanceUpperCut
02-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Araujo that's all I'm saying. **** I guess I'll mention Joey Graham too.

nshush
02-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Ricky Davis and Mark Blount.

FairWeatherFan?
02-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Cavs:

Hiring John Paxson.

Traded Andre Miller
Traded for Jeri Welsch
Let Boozer out of his contract
Drafted Luke Jackson
Traded away draft picks

Perhaps the real reason #6 no longer wears the cavs uni.

MrfadeawayJB
02-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Do I even have to answer this!!! :facepalm:

el_primo_nano
02-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Signing Isiah Thomas to be an exec

JackAttackJack
02-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Cavs:

Hiring John Paxson.

Traded Andre Miller
Traded for Jeri Welsch
Let Boozer out of his contract
Drafted Luke Jackson
Traded away draft picks

Perhaps the real reason #6 no longer wears the cavs uni.

----------

Drafting Tradjon Langdon (however its spelled)
Drafting DeJaun Wagner (however that is spelled too)
Sign Shawn Kemp