PDA

View Full Version : Nets Bllazers working on 6 player deal

spreadeagle
02-17-2011, 11:48 AM
With a week to go before the trade deadline, the Nets and Nuggets are talking Carmelo Anthony again. But the Nets have other potential deals in the works.They have been unhappy with Devin Harris level of play and commitment to the team lately and are trying to move him, with Portland a possible destination.The Nets and Blazers have exchanged trade proposals and still are discussing a deal. Harris and veteran point guard Andre Miller are the main pieces, but more players are involved, multiple NBA sources said.Its doubtful the Nets will trade Harris, who turns 28 in two weeks, straight up for Miller, who turns 35 next month.The Nets want to expand the trade and are trying to include disappointing free-agent signing Travis Outlaw, who began his career in Portland. The Blazers are interested in shooting guard Anthony Morrow.Portlands backup shooting guard Rudy Fernandez has been discussed, a source said. The Nets have talked about adding another big man so Joel Przybilla and his expiring contract also may be involved http://www.hoopsworld.com:80/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=NBA&c=1&TEAM_ID=&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20110217#STORY_31300

Trace
02-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Good trade for Portland since Miller and Harris are very similar players in what they can do but I don't like the how they're losing so much depth in the 5 for a team that is known to be injured all the time.

arkanian215
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't know what to make of this.

Pros:
Get rid of Outlaw
Get set up PG of the present/future - Harris has been lackluster and AJ doesn't want him
Andre Miller is healthy most of the time

Cons:
Value back for the future - Harris is a decent PG (there just seems to be a lot of them these days, the deepest position in the league today). I'd prefer something that we could use in the future. Otherwise it's a straight salary dump.

Suns4ever67
02-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Blazers get Harris, Outlaw
NJ gets Miller, Fernandez, Przybilla

Lo Porto
02-17-2011, 12:06 PM
So Portland gets Harris, Outlaw and a pick for Miller, Pryz and what else? Seems like a third team should be involved. And of course I'm sure none of this happens until Melo gets dealt.

Portland would be a lot better with a better future if they could get Harris and even Outlaw. NJ would be better off dealing Outlaw now while they can. If not, his contract could hold them back for 4 years.

Bornknick73
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Nets should just clear the decks, tank the next year and a half and in 2012 rebuild by signing CP3 and D12 all in one shot. Now that is a championship 2 man set up. This time they wont get spurned like they did with Lebron. They will have a new arena and a new city to call home and rabid basketball fans who would welcome a team to brooklyn with open arms.

Once the Nets get to Brooklyn they are no longer the laughing stock Nets. Brooklyn will solidify them as a legitimate NBA team. As long as they stay in NJ they will always be a Mickey Mouse team, as the Great Gretzky once labled the Devils.

Brooklyn, NY has the fanbase to support the team. No more empty seats when your team is a back to back NBA Finalist. No more opposing teams with more fans in your arena then you do. A real homecourt advantage. With rowdy Brooklynites leading the charge.

Im very excited to claim this team from their horrible existence and finally provide them with fans who actually come out and cheer for them and fill the seats so they can finally make some decent money and can afford to field a competitive product that is appreciated by the fanbase.

And if they do trade with Portland take a chance on Oden.

Suns4ever67
02-17-2011, 12:16 PM
That's my take on it anyway. It's actually a pretty good trade for both, considering NJ wants a steadier hand at the PG position, another shooter, and another big, since they are likely to unload some of their bigs to get Melo. Blazers get a proven commodity back in Outlaw and a younger more athletic PG in Harris. NJ might actually be able to squeeze pick out of Portland too . . . in many ways ridding them of Fernandez who has been a troublemaker for them this season and others.

spreadeagle
02-17-2011, 12:16 PM
So Portland gets Harris, Outlaw and a pick for Miller, Pryz and what else? Seems like a third team should be involved. And of course I'm sure none of this happens until Melo gets dealt.

Portland would be a lot better with a better future if they could get Harris and even Outlaw. NJ would be better off dealing Outlaw now while they can. If not, his contract could hold them back for 4 years.

Miller,Pryz and Fernandez for Harris Outlaw and Morrow looks like,,....I like Harris i wouldn't do it

Suns4ever67
02-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Nets should just clear the decks, tank the next year and a half and in 2012 rebuild by signing CP3 and D12 all in one shot. Now that is a championship 2 man set up. This time they wont get spurned like they did with Lebron. They will have a new arena and a new city to call home and rabid basketball fans who would welcome a team to brooklyn with open arms.

Once the Nets get to Brooklyn they are no longer the laughing stock Nets. Brooklyn will solidify them as a legitimate NBA team. As long as they stay in NJ they will always be a Mickey Mouse team, as the Great Gretzky once labled the Devils.

Brooklyn, NY has the fanbase to support the team. No more empty seats when your team is a back to back NBA Finalist. No more opposing teams with more fans in your arena then you do. A real homecourt advantage. With rowdy Brooklynites leading the charge.

Im very excited to claim this team from their horrible existence and finally provide them with fans who actually come out and cheer for them and fill the seats so they can finally make some decent money and can afford to field a competitive product that is appreciated by the fanbase.

They did that the last 2 years in order to land Lebron, Bosh, or Amare. See where that got them? CP3 is going to NY anyway. Oden will be a FA in a few weeks. No need to trade from him.

lvlheaded
02-17-2011, 12:24 PM
This would be a good trade for NJ. They get a young talented wing player to go along with the young talented front court of Favors-Lopez. Plus they get rid of that awful Outlaw contract and add depth in Pryzbilla. Good deal for them over all.

mttwlsn16
02-17-2011, 12:35 PM
They did that the last 2 years in order to land Lebron, Bosh, or Amare. See where that got them? CP3 is going to NY anyway. Oden will be a FA in a few weeks. No need to trade from him.

way to totally disrespect Amare, putting bosh inthe same category as him :facepalm:

ElFuturoDeESPN
02-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Oh my, I would feel so bad for Rudy. Finally getting settled, bought a house, etc.

blahblahyoutoo
02-17-2011, 01:01 PM

i like your plan but CP and howard aren't going to win any championships together.

Suns4ever67
02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
way to totally disrespect Amare, putting bosh inthe same category as him :facepalm:

Get a grip. Guess I disrespected Lebron by mentioning him in the same line as Amare. Can't help you if the facts hurt your feelings. Thanks for disrespecting me. :p

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I would laugh my *** off if Rudy ends up in Nj.

SOme time ago.

Blazers pick a center ( bowie) over a wing ( Jordan).
Draft euro sg Dratzen Petrovic.
They dont give any burn to dratzen because they have "no room for him" because of drexler, hawkins etc.
Euro sg goes disgruntled.
They start giving him some time and he is playing well, but finally trade him to NJ.
Mj makes them regret the bowie pick forever.
Dratzen tears it up in Nj.

Blazers take the center ( oden) and ditch the wing ( durant)
Blazers draft euro sg Rudy.
Blazers dont give rudy burn because of roy, mathews and bla blah.
euro sg goes disgruntled.
They start giving rudy time and he is playing well.
Durant is making them forever regret getting oden.
they trade rudy to Nj?

guess whats coming next?

JOSKOMANG4
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I like the deal for both teams!

Blazers:

C) Camby/Oden/Marks
PF) Aldridge/Cunningham
SF) Outlaw/Batum/babbitt
SG) Roy/Matthews/Morrow/E.Williams
PG) Harris/Mills/A.Johnson

Nets:

C) Lopez/Pryz/Petro
PF) Murphy/Hump/Favors
SF) James/Ross/Graham
SG) Fernandez/Sasha
PG) Miller/Farmar/Uzoh

shep33
02-17-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't like it for the Nets. I mean why would they interest in trading Morrow, the guy is one of the best shooters in the league?

shep33
02-17-2011, 01:33 PM

Blazers:

C) Camby/Oden/Marks
PF) Aldridge/Cunningham
SF) Outlaw/Batum/babbitt

Nets:

C) Lopez/Pryz/Petro
PF) Murphy/Hump/Favors
SF) James/Ross/Graham
SG) Fernandez/Sasha
PG) Miller/Farmar/Uzoh

I read somewhere that Camby might be on the move

Nwsports22
02-17-2011, 01:36 PM

Blazers:

C) Camby/Oden/Marks
PF) Aldridge/Cunningham
SF) Outlaw/Batum/babbitt

Nets:

C) Lopez/Pryz/Petro
PF) Murphy/Hump/Favors
SF) James/Ross/Graham
SG) Fernandez/Sasha
PG) Miller/Farmar/Uzoh

Outlaw wouldnt start over Batum.

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't like it for the Nets. I mean why would they interest in trading Morrow, the guy is one of the best shooters in the league?

getting rid of outlows bad contract?
getting rid of harris logn term deal for a deal (miller) that expires in the deronm, paul, howard FA?

they get rudy back too, he can shoot, drive in, handle the ball.....

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Outlaw wouldnt start over Batum.

he used to.
but the starters would be Harris, Roy, Mathews, Aldrige, Camby

Chronz
02-17-2011, 01:40 PM
I would laugh my *** off if Rudy ends up in Nj.

SOme time ago.

Blazers pick a center ( bowie) over a wing ( Jordan).
Draft euro sg Dratzen Petrovic.
They dont give any burn to dratzen because they have "no room for him" because of drexler, hawkins etc.
Euro sg goes disgruntled.
They start giving him some time and he is playing well, but finally trade him to NJ.
Mj makes them regret the bowie pick forever.
Dratzen tears it up in Nj.

Blazers take the center ( oden) and ditch the wing ( durant)
Blazers draft euro sg Rudy.
Blazers dont give rudy burn because of roy, mathews and bla blah.
euro sg goes disgruntled.
They start giving rudy time and he is playing well.
Durant is making them forever regret getting oden.
they trade rudy to Nj?

guess whats coming next?

Rudy dies?

Ok that was a low blow but in all seriousness he will be the same guy just with more PT

he used to.
but the starters would be Harris, Roy, Mathews, Aldrige, Camby
Outlaw never started ahead of Batum

hdxstunts1
02-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I like it, i dont see how it really benefits either team for this year...

Although for the future, Portland gets quite a bit better, especially if Roy comes and plays healthy! Harris, Roy, Batum, Aldridge, Oden...great future! With Matthews, Marrow, and Mills off the bench...and even the older fellas like Camby!

shep33
02-17-2011, 01:46 PM
getting rid of outlows bad contract?
getting rid of harris logn term deal for a deal (miller) that expires in the deronm, paul, howard FA?

they get rudy back too, he can shoot, drive in, handle the ball.....

Meh I guess, but I mean I don't understand why Portland would take on his contract either, kinda doesn't make any sense for them. Harris for Miller I understand, but I don't like the other parts of the deal for the Nets.

wdwyer
02-17-2011, 01:49 PM

You had me until your final word...you just lost all credibility as far as I am concerned. Oden is GLASS...forget him. This deal IMO is simply a ploy to get Nuggets to come down on Melo. Whomever lands Melo, has an automatic inside shot at Paul.

AddiX
02-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't believe this, Portland gets nothing back in this trade worth anything.

All Miller does anywhere he goes is win. Even Rudy is better than anyone Portland would get back. If NJ pulls this off congrats to them, this would be highway robbery.

spreadeagle
02-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Rudy dies?

Ok that was a low blow but in all seriousness he will be the same guy just with more PT

Rudy dies....... LOL i was confused too

oldfishermen
02-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Oh my, I would feel so bad for Rudy. Finally getting settled, bought a house, etc.

Not picking on you, just doing a little housecleaning. The report that Rudy bought a house in Portland is not true. He bought a new car, and moved to a different rental house. Here is a translation of the quote from Sport.es, as noted by ehmiliano.

I read that you had bought a house and a car in Portland. Tell me more...

The car issue is right, but the house thing is not exactly that way. I do not have yet a contract worth enough to purchase a house here. I just moved to another one.

rurichie
02-17-2011, 02:39 PM
I don't believe this, Portland gets nothing back in this trade worth anything.

All Miller does anywhere he goes is win. Even Rudy is better than anyone Portland would get back. If NJ pulls this off congrats to them, this would be highway robbery.

They get the PG Devin Harris which supposedly they have been wanting and they get a deadly 3 pt shooter in Morrow and Outlaw idk?!?!?

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Rudy dies?

well his projectiion in 36 pmg is 12 ppg 3 asists 3 steals.

Factor 1 this is watered down because when roy was in he was playing garbage minutes
factor 2 his role in nets would be bigger.

Something round 30 mpg 15 to 17 ppg 4 to 5 apg and 3, something steals is really nice.
He is still jsut 25 btw.

Bob_at_york
02-17-2011, 03:00 PM
I think that is a great deal for the Blazers.

rurichie
02-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I think that is a great deal for the Blazers.

Better for the Nets because it would look like

Nets get
A. Miller PG
R. Fernandez SG
J. Pryzbilla C

Blazers get
D. Harris PG
A. Morrow SG
T. Outlaw SF :laugh2:
possibly a 1st round pick

Bob_at_york
02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Better for the Nets because it would look like

Nets get
A. Miller PG
R. Fernandez SG
J. Pryzbilla C

Blazers get
D. Harris PG
A. Morrow SG
T. Outlaw SF :laugh2:
possibly a 1st round pick

I think Harris is the better PG and Morrow could be better than Rudy. Outlaw for an expiring is fine but not when you take the other things into account.

AddiX
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
They get the PG Devin Harris which supposedly they have been wanting and they get a deadly 3 pt shooter in Morrow and Outlaw idk?!?!?

Harris has sucked it up NJ, while Miller has lead almost every team hes played for to the playoffs, all on bad teams. Portland is getting jacked in this deal.

jimbobjarree
02-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Jazz have to get on this. Try and turn AK's contract into Camby and something. Would be sexual.

Bob_at_york
02-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Jazz have to get on this. Try and turn AK's contract into Camby and something. Would be sexual.

Wouldn't that lead to too many big men and not enough minutes?

rurichie
02-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Harris has sucked it up NJ, while Miller has lead almost every team hes played for to the playoffs, all on bad teams. Portland is getting jacked in this deal.

I knw i'm just saying they wanted Harris for a while idk y?

jimbobjarree
02-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't that lead to too many big men and not enough minutes?

Okur is done, our team cant rebound for **** and our interior defense consists of watching players take open lay ups (see monta ellis last night). Our only big are Jefferson, Millsap, Elson and Fesenko. We could easily find 30 mins for Camby, who as a huge solution to our problems would be worth the risk of his contract. Nets like AK, I'm sure we could be worked in somewhere.

Bob_at_york
02-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Okur is done, our team cant rebound for **** and our interior defense consists of watching players take open lay ups (see monta ellis last night). Our only big are Jefferson, Millsap, Elson and Fesenko. We could easily find 30 mins for Camby, who as a huge solution to our problems would be worth the risk of his contract. Nets like AK, I'm sure we could be worked in somewhere.

I had no idea Okur was so far off.