PDA

View Full Version : Why would Melo want to go to NJ and why is NJ trying to deal with him?

NYSpirit1
02-17-2011, 02:10 AM
First, why are the Nets bothering going crazy to trade for Melo if he doesn't want to go there and he's not going to sign an extension?

Secondly, if he is open to hearing from them, why?

The Nets are 17-39, potential-wise, if they trade a bunch of assets, their ceiling is only like a .500 win team. I really don't understand why he'd force his way out of Denver only to spend the rest of his career with a mediocre team. In that case, he might as well have stayed with Denver. And it's not like the Nets have a superstar like Amare or Kobe or Derrick Rose on their team. Even if they traded for Billups and Hamilton too, they would get old in two years. It just doesn't make sense.

Evolution23
02-17-2011, 02:13 AM
:horse::sleep:

NJ Raven
Nets fan here, if he goes to NJ its for the money.

iggypop123
boy the mods must have gone to bed already

King P
02-17-2011, 02:14 AM
:facepalm:

yanksrock
02-17-2011, 02:20 AM
Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

NYK_kidd77
02-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Stupid thread but here. Melo would go to the Nets cause he wants the extension. The Nets would want him cause they suck. easy.

abe_froman
02-17-2011, 02:23 AM
because he hates you thats why

Nighthawk
02-17-2011, 02:24 AM
First, why are the Nets bothering going crazy to trade for Melo if he doesn't want to go there and he's not going to sign an extension?

The Nets are 17-39, potential-wise, if they trade a bunch of assets, their ceiling is only like a .500 win team. I really don't understand why he'd force his way out of Denver only to spend the rest of his career with a mediocre team. In that case, he might as well have stayed with Denver. And it's not like the Nets have a superstar like Amare or Kobe or Derrick Rose on their team. Even if they traded for Billups and Hamilton too, they would get old in two years. It just doesn't make sense.

Brook Lopez and Devin Harris wouldnt be invovled in the trade according to what ive read. Harris is a VERY under rated pg in my opinion. Lopez should be rebounding better than he has but his offense game is very good. Mix in Melo and i dont think thats a BAD start for a wretched NJ franchise. Plus this russian owner will spend and probably make plays for Howard and CP3 and any other big name F.A. Plus Melo will get BIG $$$ from NJ. I hope he goes to the Nets. **** THE KNICKS

Slimsim
02-17-2011, 02:26 AM
Brook Lopez and Devin Harris wouldnt be invovled in the trade according to what ive read. Harris is a VERY under rated pg in my opinion. Lopez should be rebounding better than he has but his offense game is very good. Mix in Melo and i dont think thats a BAD start for a wretched NJ franchise. Plus this russian owner will spend and probably make plays for Howard and CP3 and any other big name F.A. Plus Melo will get BIG $$$ from NJ. I hope he goes to the Nets. **** THE KNICKS

:facepalm:

oak2455
02-17-2011, 02:41 AM
this thread is gay and so are nevermind:facepalm:

NYsFinest
02-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Pretty funny if he forces his way out of a good team to a team that is practically mathematically eliminated from the playoffs with 30 games left... he would redefine Bosh's quote and just come "chill" and not play a single meaningful basketball game until next November. Maybe a month ago you could argue he can try to carry this team to an 8th seed, but going to NJ now is pretty sad. I'm sure Billups would enjoy spending one of his last few good years "chilling" and playing out a season as well.

Mudvayne91
02-17-2011, 02:44 AM
this thread is gay and so are nevermind:facepalm:

?

Pete Maravich
02-17-2011, 02:46 AM
With recent interviews I have heard Carmelo talk in it almost seems as if he has no idea what is happening. Seems like he can be anywhere by the trade deadline. As long as he doesn't try to play it off like "The Decision" I wont mind what happens.

gboogy
02-17-2011, 02:54 AM
cause Chris brouwatever is makin up rumors again 4 ratings...the nuggs contacted the nets but we all no the nets r not gonna make a deal cause Melos not gonna sign an extention Wit 1 of the worst teams in the league

Pete Maravich
02-17-2011, 02:58 AM
Well superstars go to wherever they will get payed the most. They say that they want to win a "championship" I think they are just saying that most of the time without being truthful.

NYsFinest
02-17-2011, 03:01 AM
Well superstars go to wherever they will get payed the most. They say that they want to win a "championship" I think they are just saying that most of the time without being truthful.

We aren't talking championship... its about the season being over in February for a top 10 player in one of his prime years.

hgtiger32
02-17-2011, 03:04 AM

that actually makes sense to me, except for the last part. Im not a Nets or a Knicks fan so I don't hope he goes to one team or the other and i won't say **** the "________ " lol

Oldmantrash
02-17-2011, 03:12 AM

Knick fans have a short memory,just last year you guys sucked too.

It doesn't take long to become a good team.
The Nets aren't going to trade all of their assets for,otherwise they won't do it.
Once we go to Brooklyn,players will follow Melo there.

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 03:27 AM
Because now the Nuggets feel like they lost leverage and are only asking for Picks and a rookie other then the rest of the young talent the Nets have.

Plus now the Nets appear to be a lock for a top 5 pick....

Harris, Lopez. Melo and a future top 5 pick is a great start. Then Consider that cap space in 2012. The Nets are in great position to be good by the time they move to Melo's hometown. " Brooklyn"

cchrisc773
02-17-2011, 03:31 AM
Knick fans have a short memory,just last year you guys sucked too.

It doesn't take long to become a good team.
The Nets aren't going to trade all of their assets for,otherwise they won't do it.
Once we go to Brooklyn,players will follow Melo there.

1. I am a Magic fan.....

2. Maybe or maybe not great talent will follow Melo. What they will follow is the Money.

3. Not only will the Nets have Melo to offer, but Harris, Lopez and more then likely whoever they pick in the top 5 of the draft this season.... Which I am sure they are not going to offer the NETS.

IBleedPurple
02-17-2011, 04:56 AM
Because now the Nuggets feel like they lost leverage and are only asking for Picks and a rookie other then the rest of the young talent the Nets have.

Plus now the Nets appear to be a lock for a top 5 pick....

Harris, Lopez. Melo and a future top 5 pick is a great start. Then Consider that cap space in 2012. The Nets are in great position to be good by the time they move to Melo's hometown. " Brooklyn"

Picks and a rookie huh?

JFresh_#8Nets
02-17-2011, 05:00 AM
1. I am a Magic fan.....

2. Maybe or maybe not great talent will follow Melo. What they will follow is the Money.

3. Not only will the Nets have Melo to offer, but Harris, Lopez and more then likely whoever they pick in the top 5 of the draft this season.... Which I am sure they are not going to offer the NETS.

I don't think he was talking to you.

JFresh_#8Nets
02-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Picks and a rookie huh?

Yeah, it's said to be a smaller deal than originally proposed.

We're giving up less.

JFresh_#8Nets
02-17-2011, 05:04 AM
cause Chris brouwatever is makin up rumors again 4 ratings...the nuggs contacted the nets but we all no the nets r not gonna make a deal cause Melos not gonna sign an extention Wit 1 of the worst teams in the league

Yet he's the ONLY person reporting that the nets contacted the nuggets :facepalm: That man is a joke!

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 09:42 AM
THis is just the nuggets being stupid enough to thing if they keep popipng up invented negotiations ( mavs, Lakers ....) they will get more froom NY.

I TRULY hope Ny does not cave in and they end up getting NOTHING and see him signing his NY contract july 1st.

MattyAction
02-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Does anyone realize the Knicks are a .500 team. The fanbase is a joke and are chanting MVP for their player on a .500 team. LOL. Silly knicks fans acting like their a 65 win team. They havent been a decent team in a decade. Now they are saying the Nets "suck". They went on a 5 game winning streak a couple years ago and gave Isiah Thomas an extension. lol. Knicks fans need to relax how good their team is. Its becoming a little much.

TO to the CHI
02-17-2011, 10:19 AM
The real question is: when Melo ends up somewhere else, who do Knicks fans turn their attention to as the next sure-fire Knick? Cause it certainly seems as though the man prefers to get paid over becoming a Knick.

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
The real question is: when Melo ends up somewhere else, who do Knicks fans turn their attention to as the next sure-fire Knick? Cause it certainly seems as though the man prefers to get paid over becoming a Knick.

Probably howard

ewing
02-17-2011, 10:25 AM
B/C Carmello sees Sasha's championship experience duh

theLgndKllr35
02-17-2011, 10:26 AM

After Melo signs with another team, it will be the next big free agent in 2012. First, Lebron, then Melo, who's up in 2012?

The Nets don't have to get Melo to sign an extension. They could easily bring him in, get him accustomed to the team, and then lay out a blueprint they have for the summer, such as bringing in Howard, or CP3. Then Melo can sit back and watch what happens, kind of like Lebron waited for the Heat to sign other players before he went.

Akuhpelluh
02-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Here's the thing. Watch the Nets...I'm telling you, all they are missing is Carmelo (or LeBron but that's beside the point)

As much as I want them to keep Favors because I think he's the next Amare, if all they give up is Favors, Murphy and picks, they have to do it.

Devin Harris/Jordan Farmar
Anthony Morrow/Sasha Vujacic
Carmelo Anthony/Travis Outlaw
Kris Humphries/???
Brook Lopez/Johan Petro

That's a damn good team. a good, fast, pg with the ability to score, a deadly sharpshooter, a slashing sf, a hustle glue guy in Humphries, and a top 5 big man in Lopez.

I'd say that's good for the number 4 spot in the East behind Boston, Miami, and Orlando.

lvlheaded
02-17-2011, 10:38 AM
If Melo goes to the Nets its for money first and being closer to home second. My question is, if he goes there whats he gonna say in the press conference?

"I know we are 23 games under .500 but I think we can win out, make the playoffs and win a championship."

OR

"Mo money, mo money...mo money."

MagicHero3
02-17-2011, 10:42 AM
look Melo is dumb. He probably has a better chance with the Nuggets than the Nets to win a championship. Chauncey Billups is one of the best Playoff PGs in the league!
The nets wont make the playoffs, the Knicks MIGHT.

I think he needs to realize that there are other teams he needs to look into.

Denver-boy
02-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Oh of course a KNICKS fan would be up in arms over us having other options. Nets would move to Brooklyn, Thats MELOs hometown, He friends with Jay-z, and that new Zillionaire would pay for his whole Family tree of kids to be rich.

Why would he not CONSIDER that? For what a Another sucky team like the knicks, oh the BIG TOWN... ya we know. but if that was so DANDY why have the knicks you landed a Star outside of Amare....why has TAKEN so long... face it Knick Fans nets are rumored to be BACK in talks. you guys can now panic and make threads so you can show the league how to pout. I really tired of Knick Fans. Melo sign in Denver or go to either LA or Nets. Perferably Nets....

Denver-boy
02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Here's the thing. Watch the Nets...I'm telling you, all they are missing is Carmelo (or LeBron but that's beside the point)

As much as I want them to keep Favors because I think he's the next Amare, if all they give up is Favors, Murphy and picks, they have to do it.

Devin Harris/Jordan Farmar
Anthony Morrow/Sasha Vujacic
Carmelo Anthony/Travis Outlaw
Kris Humphries/???
Brook Lopez/Johan Petro

That's a damn good team. a good, fast, pg with the ability to score, a deadly sharpshooter, a slashing sf, a hustle glue guy in Humphries, and a top 5 big man in Lopez.

I'd say that's good for the number 4 spot in the East behind Boston, Miami, and Orlando.

Marrow and Harris would be included in the DEAL. so count them out. Agreement was:

Harris/Marrow/Favors/3 1st round Picks for Melo/Billups... Pistons give Nets Hamilton for Murphy

did you forget? or havent seen the latest deal

mttwlsn16
02-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, it's said to be a smaller deal than originally proposed.

We're giving up less.

LMAO @ u thinking youre only giving up a rookie and a couple picks

Tarheels23
02-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Marrow and Harris would be included in the DEAL. so count them out. Agreement was:

Harris/Marrow/Favors/3 1st round Picks for Melo/Billups... Pistons give Nets Hamilton for Murphy

did you forget? or havent seen the latest deal

I just read that the Nets are in talks with the Blazers for a Devin Harris trade

koLohe2133
02-17-2011, 11:12 AM
B/C Carmello sees Sasha's championship experience duh

This.

And Sasha said he will chip in 20-30 points per game to help melo out

mttwlsn16
02-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Oh of course a KNICKS fan would be up in arms over us having other options. Nets would move to Brooklyn, Thats MELOs hometown, He friends with Jay-z, and that new Zillionaire would pay for his whole Family tree of kids to be rich.

Why would he not CONSIDER that? For what a Another sucky team like the knicks, oh the BIG TOWN... ya we know. but if that was so DANDY why have the knicks you landed a Star outside of Amare....why has TAKEN so long... face it Knick Fans nets are rumored to be BACK in talks. you guys can now panic and make threads so you can show the league how to pout. I really tired of Knick Fans. Melo sign in Denver or go to either LA or Nets. Perferably Nets....

clipperssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

mttwlsn16
02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
This.

And Sasha said he will chip in 20-30 points per game to help melo out

lmao :clap:

PhillyFaninLA
02-17-2011, 11:27 AM
If Melo goes to the Nets its for money first and being closer to home second. My question is, if he goes there whats he gonna say in the press conference?

"I know we are 23 games under .500 but I think we can win out, make the playoffs and win a championship."

OR

"Mo money, mo money...mo money."

He would get the same endorsement opportunities in East Ruthorford, NJ, Brooklyn, or Manhattan and he would get a max contract which is dictated by the NBA so it would be the same no matter where he want. So money would be the same. 10 years ago geography made you more money then it does today.

Pistol_Pete
02-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Let's get this straight. Melo does not want to go to the NEW JERSEY Nets. I'm sure the BROOKLYN Nets are a different story. If they were playing in a Brooklyn right now, I bet this would be a done deal. If he were in Brooklyn, he would be the face of a "new" franchise and be back where both he and his wife were born. The name Brooklyn alone is going to sell merchandise.

As for the Nets. Why wouldn't they go after him? I'm sure they understand the need to win and the fact that he wants to win, and I'm sure that they have plans beyond simply getting Carmelo. And if he doesn't agree to an extension, they don't sign him. Simple as that.

stlbest5in2013
02-17-2011, 11:48 AM

apparently you do not understand the fact they are moving to new york bk, 5 miles from where he grew up.

or the fact that the knicks even with melo are a 5 seed at best, and not a title contender being they dont play defense.

of course you are probably one of these fans that thinks all you need to do is have superstars to win championships.

the knicks talent pool on their roster is not that much better then the nets, a bunch of dime a dozen guys

Atownballa5
02-17-2011, 11:58 AM
ok knicks fans we all know the nets suck but how can you praise your team when your only 2 games above .500? look how bad you guys were for the longest time and you finally have a semi decent season and you think your part of the elite teams?

EDIT: not trying to start anything its just annoying face it both teams still suck knicks just got a little better finally

BklynKnicks3
02-17-2011, 12:22 PM
But a source with knowledge of the situation tells Alan Hahn of Newsday that the Nets reemergence is not genuine.

"The Nets are out," the source said.

Hahn writes that the Knicks are not confident that Denver actually knows what it wants from a deal for Anthony and offers his opinion that it is "amateur hour" in the Nuggets' front office.

Via Newsday

tangent12
02-17-2011, 12:43 PM
We don't need a source or a news outlet to confirm the Nets are out, I mean.. who the hell wants to play for that garbage team? I'm sure the Nuggets don't hate Melo that much to send him to NJ.