PDA

View Full Version : What if Miami had kept Beasley?

hotpotato1092
02-17-2011, 12:48 AM
I've got two hypothetical scenarios for you here, what do you think happens in each:

Scenario 1: Rather than trading Michael Beasley to clear cap space to sign Mike Miller, they keep him around to be their sixth man and #4 scoring option.

Or the far more interesting second option:

Scenario 2: LeBron and Wade, realizing the importance of defense, decide that they don't want Chris Bosh on the team when they know Michael Beasley will give them 85% of his production at 25% of the price. They instead decide to use the Bosh cap space to retain Beasley, still sign Mike Miller, and trade for Tyson Chandler (remember Dallas didn't give anything for him). Miami rolls out a starting 5 of Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Beasley and Chandler, with Arroyo, Illgauskas, Haslem, Jones and Miller off of the bench.

One of these scenarios is fairly realistic, the other is one that I just came up with because I thought it would be tantalizing to stick those three offensive talents with a legitimate defensive center. So what happens in both of these scenarios.

P.S: I know this was discussed a lot early in the season, but I think now is a better time to debate it as we've seen both teams for 50+ games, I'm also interested in thoughts on the second scenario.

beasted86
02-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Your scenario is impossible by salary cap math. Not even close. Chandler + Beasley make near $19M. Bosh only makes $14.5M.

Put up a scenario using real life numbers please, then we can discuss this a little more. Not trying to shut down your thread, just want a more realistic scenario.

The Jokemaker
02-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Isn't Beasley just a chucker anyway? Not enough balls to go around on that court.

beasted86
02-17-2011, 01:07 AM
But anyway, using the idea of keeping Beasley and getting a defensive Center, and using the "facts of free agency" as I like to call them, plugging in who was available, and the actual salary they signed for.....they could afford Beasley + Haywood, and have about $2M left over.

IDK, I still think Bosh > Haywood + Beasley + (Insert $2M free agent: Dooling, etc..)

hdxstunts1
02-17-2011, 01:09 AM
I think the 2nd scenario although salary cap impossible...would call for a much better team then they have now. As for the first one, it doesnt really matter, either way they run into the same problems...

Heat have the same problems no matter what you do, they arnt ever going to change, you cant score 110 points, and only get 20pts from the remaining 9 players on the roster...thats not a championship team!

The BodyGuard
02-17-2011, 01:12 AM
isn't beasley just a chucker anyway? Not enough balls to go around on that court.

bingo!

sf-fanatic
02-17-2011, 01:35 AM
would 2m be enough to convince dorrell wright to stay?

justinnum1
02-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Beasley would have been terrible on this team. When he's not chucking he does nothing else, and seems seriously unmotivated at times. I am a huge beasley fan, but bosh>beasley all day long

Mplsman
02-17-2011, 11:55 AM
They would not have their big 3. Beasley was the quintessential move that landed them Bosh and Bron.

Trace
02-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Beasley is just an inefficient and slower version of Carmelo Anthony. 'nuff said. So not enough balls on the court for Wade, Lebron and Beasley.

NBA-GMaster
02-17-2011, 12:02 PM
over the salary cap.. If they did not trade Beasley, Miller or Haslem wont be in Heat uniform.. plus Beasley had no room to develop because of LeBron and Bosh's playing time.. Cavs or Raptors should have ask for Beasley and 1st rd pick/s in exchange for Bosh or LeBron but instead they choose to have huge trade exception..

Double_R
02-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Isn't Beasley just a chucker anyway? Not enough balls to go around on that court.

H15 is gonna be all over this statement, but yea sort of.

.... Here come the TS stats. haha

dhopisthename
02-17-2011, 12:26 PM
would 2m be enough to convince dorrell wright to stay?

no he wanted his payday. However for the money that they payed miller they could have given wright who has been playing very well for golden state and thus far this season has been the better player. i think the biggest reason they didn't keep him though was either they didn't know he shoot the 3 that well or lebron really wanted miller

Bornknick73
02-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Gloria James would be chasing her Delonte look alike around the locker room.

mttwlsn16
02-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Beasley > Bosh

Skizzik
02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
trade for Tyson Chandler (remember Dallas didn't give anything for him)

Don't be silly, we did give something for him...two bad contracts (Matt Caroll and Eddy Najera).

mikealike305
02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
we needed bosh to get lebron.....
idk if u remember but bosh commited to miami before lebron did... so your senerio of wade and lebron "realizing the importance of defense, decide that they don't want Chris Bosh" doesnt really work

Raoul Duke_91
02-17-2011, 01:15 PM
heat are already a top 5 defensive team... its not like because they signed bosh they're poor on defense.