PDA

View Full Version : 10 NBA Players That Need To Reach A Buyout

Savage Sunday
02-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Am I the only person who would be excited to see which team these guys would sign with?

Antawn Jamison, Cavaliers, 2 Years $28 Million remaining

Cavaliers need to give more minutes to their younger players while Jamison doesn't want to spend the next 2 years on a rebuilding team. Jamison can sign for the veterans minimum for the rest of the season and sign a MLE deal this summer with a contender.

Richard Hamilton, Pistons, 3 Years $37.95 Million remaining

The Pistons have been trying to trade Rip for months to no avail as they no longer interest the New Jersey Nets in regards to a trade. Hamilton, who recently turned 33, is becoming agitated with his role & the direction of the Pistons. He would prefer to play for a winning team now than wait until his contract with the Pistons to expire at the tender age of 36.

James Posey, Pacers, 2 Years $13.4 Million remaining

James Posey has gone from an in demand Free Agent in 2008 after winning a NBA Title with the Boston Celtics to an overpaid veteran collecting DNP's with a 24-29 Pacers team. Posey, who recently turned 34, has fallen out of favor of the Pacers lineup under new coach Frank Vogel while Pacers management figures out a way to rid themselves of his contract. If Posey is bought out look for a return to Boston to be of interest to him.

Kenyon Martin, Nuggets, 1 Year $16.54 Million remaining

Kenyon Martin's time with the Denver Nuggets is finally drawing to a close which will put an end to a 7 year tenure filled with injuries, incosistent play, clashes with management, & a public spat with Mavs owner Mark Cuban. In all during this timespan Martin collected $90 Million from the Denver Nuggets. With the Nuggets acknowledging they wont bring Martin back next season along with their attempts to trade star player Carmelo Anthony(a close friend of Martin), it looks to be in the best interest of both parties to bring their tumultuous 7 year marriage to an end.

Marcus Banks, Hornets, 1 Year $4.75 Million remaining

The Hornets' acquisition of Marcus Banks has yielded 0 results other than Banks leading the NBA in DNP Inactive's for the 2010-2011 season. Banks has not played since a November 16th against the Wizards, while he was a Toronto Raptor. Not playing in NBA games has been the norm for Banks who has played in only 128 games out of 385 games for 4 teams since signing a 5 Year, $21 Million dollar contract with Phoenix in 2006. Considering the fact that Banks was healthy for a majority of those games, it seems likely he would prefer to play immediately elsewhere.

Michael Redd, Bucks, 1 Year $18.3 Million remaining

Michael Redd will make his debut this season with the Bucks at some point next week, although he likely wont have any role in the Bucks' rotation going forward. A sad end to a Milwaukee tenure in which Redd averaged 20+ PPG 6 times and his 11,510 points ranks 4th All-Time in Bucks franchise history. Although Redd is coming off of 2 consecutive Torn ACL injuries, he could still attract interest for a veteran's minimum on the open market. Throughout Redd's career he has been known as a clutch "knockdown shooter", a trait that is of value in the postseason.

Samuel Dalembert, Kings, 1 Year $13.43 Million remaining

The Kings surprised many when they made the move to acquire an unpredictable personality in Samuel Dalembert to be a veteran leader of a young team. As he may have matured off the court, there hasn't been any improvement for the Kings on the court as they hold the 3rd worst record in the NBA. Dalembert likely wont return to Sacramento next season, as he will be in demand for teams looking for what he brings on defense. Dalembert, a Haitian native, has long expressed his desire to play for the Miami Heat which could influence him into reaching a buyout to do so.

Jason Kapono, 76ers, 1 Year $6.64 Million remaining

Jason Kapono is nearing the end of a 4 year deal he signed with Toronto in 2007 which has paid him $24 Million dollars. Overpaid due to his elite skill as a spot shooter, Kapono has shot a mere 25% from 3 this season while falling completely out of favor in Doug Collins' lineup. Philadelphia reportedly has been shopping him but appear to be unable to move his contract. If he is unable to be moved, Philly could reach a buyout with Kapono allowing him to play elsewhere. Its a coincidence there is a team in Los Angeles in desperate need of a 3 point marksmen that would interest Kapono, a Long Beach native.

Troy Murphy, Nets, 1 Year $11.9 Million remaining

The Nets according to reports are going to try to buy out Troy Murphy, which would free up the 9 year veteran to join a contender. Murphy put together 2 very productive seasons as the starting PF for the Indiana Pacers during the last 4 years but was unable to fit under Avery Johnson's system in New Jersey. Murphy reportedly will draw interest from the Orlando Magic if and when the buyout is reached.

Morris Peterson, Thunder, 1 year $6.64 Million remaining

Morris Peterson during the summer of 2007 was an in demand Free Agent signing after wrapping up a productive 7 year career in Toronto. In a scenario depicted again the following summer by the New Orleans Hornets with James Posey, the Hornets signed a 30 year old Peterson to a 4 Year $23 Million Dollar contract. Peterson put up mediocre numbers in his first season and has yet to even return to that form. If Mo Pete can reach a buyout with the Thunder, he may have 1 last opportunity to regain his value in the NBA elsewhere.

Gators123
02-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Rip is not owed 38 mil.

This seasons already like 70% over, and his last year isn't fully guaranteed. Hes probably owed like 25 mil.

Savage Sunday
02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Rip is not owed 38 mil.

Yes he is.

After this season, he will have 2 more years remaining on his contract. The 3rd season is a partial guarantee.

masalex1205
Posey to Boston would be interested

Temper
Wow, Micheal Redd hasn't played in a long time, 18 mill one year, holy.

Gators123
02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes he is.

After this season, he will have 2 more years remaining.

No, hes not. Read my previous post again, I edited it.

Savage Sunday
02-16-2011, 06:50 PM
No, hes not. Read my previous post again, I edited it.

I edited mines before you did to be more clear with what I meant.

Kakaroach
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Would like for Dally to be bought out, hopefully the Jazz would snag him for our desperate center need.

Gators123
02-16-2011, 07:00 PM
I edited mines before you did to be more clear with what I meant.

You cant count what hes already been paid this year. Hes probably owed like 3-4 mil for the rest of this season.

Raph12
02-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Posey, Murphy and Dalembert to the Magic!

goose15
02-16-2011, 07:18 PM
yea Dalembert needs a buyout.. then sign with NY

The BodyGuard
02-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Rip Hamilton needs a buyout, Don't wanna see his career end like this

jim51990
02-17-2011, 12:49 AM
j o'neal
the man is terrible and brings nothing to the table id rather play luke and erden

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2011, 12:55 AM
Brandon Roy should seek a buyout, instead of dragging the Blazers down with his undeserved max deal. I don't regret drafting him, but seriously; if your knees are ****ed, don't ask for $13 million a season.

Jonathan2323
02-17-2011, 01:02 AM
The HEAT would take Dalembert and Posey. If not then Murphy.

footballer2369
02-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Dalembert Murphy and Posey please? Bye Magloire, Howard and Arroyo.

hgtiger32
02-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Michael Redd is NOT going to get a buyout. He still isn't 100% healthy although he comes back on monday and has to prove himself in drills, scrimmages, etc

central2003
02-17-2011, 01:31 AM
Dalembert is not going to get a buy out because the Kings will trade him before the trade deadline .. 99% sure.

Savage Sunday
02-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Dalembert is not going to get a buy out because the Kings will trade him before the trade deadline .. 99% sure.

That makes sense slightly, but are the Kings will to tack on 1 large longterm contract or 2 smaller longterm contracts?

Savage Sunday
02-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Brandon Roy should seek a buyout, instead of dragging the Blazers down with his undeserved max deal. I don't regret drafting him, but seriously; if your knees are ****ed, don't ask for $13 million a season.

not sure if serious.

:eyebrow:

ttam68
02-17-2011, 02:36 PM

Why would he give that back? Thats why the players union won't give up guaranteed contracts. Athletes know the toll the game can take on their bodies and the physical risks they're subjected to, so they negotiate contracts accordingly.

Savage Sunday
02-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Why would he give that back? Thats why the players union won't give up guaranteed contracts. Athletes know the toll the game can take on their bodies and the physical risks they're subjected to, so they negotiate contracts accordingly.

I hope hes joking.

Roy did deserve a Max contract and its way too early to say that his career is over because of his knee issues. Roy's absence has shown that LaMarcus Aldridge can step up as an Option 1B to Roy, while Wes Matthews will arguably the best 6th Man in the NBA. Then with Nicolas Batum who has a good upside and should get better at the SF position. Cant forget a returning Greg Oden either, if he can put his knee troubles past him he has shown he can be a force on the boards and on defense.

The Blazers are fine.

central2003
02-17-2011, 02:48 PM
The Kings would maybe pick up a contract as long as its something that they could see benefiting them and just not a basic salary dump on the kings. I know for a fact that the Kings are looking for a veteran or veterans to help bring some leadership to the very young Kings franchise and be a role model.

nolin
02-17-2011, 03:06 PM

what?

tdunk21
02-17-2011, 03:12 PM
would love if dalembert or camby negotiate a buyout and sign with the spurs....

cavs should use their trade exception to get gerald wallace...

Trace
02-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I hope hes joking.

Roy did deserve a Max contract and its way too early to say that his career is over because of his knee issues. Roy's absence has shown that LaMarcus Aldridge can step up as an Option 1B to Roy, while Wes Matthews will arguably the best 6th Man in the NBA. Then with Nicolas Batum who has a good upside and should get better at the SF position. Cant forget a returning Greg Oden either, if he can put his knee troubles past him he has shown he can be a force on the boards and on defense.

The Blazers are fine.

he has no more cartilage, if he keeps playing he'll just cause permanent bone damage. I'll be surprised if he would be able to walk again if he keeps playing. : /

John Walls Era
02-17-2011, 03:46 PM
yea Dalembert needs a buyout.. then sign with NY

He wants to sign with the Heat.

Sammy D is underrated though. In like 20 mins he gets close to 7 rebounds and close to 2 block shots. Any playoff team that gets him will be much improved. Also pretty athletic at his age and can defend.

godolphins
02-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Dalembert would be a great fit for Miami

footballer2369
02-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Dalembert Murphy and Billups to the Heat. Realistic, I know!

Dade County
02-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Come on POSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please buy him out Pacers.

hdxstunts1
02-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Rip to the Bulls! It solves oh so much!

Hellcrooner
02-17-2011, 05:23 PM
why would anyone buy out players when their contracts still coung against their cap?

Sixerlover
02-17-2011, 05:51 PM
lol at all of this Dalembert love.

John Walls Era
02-17-2011, 06:37 PM
lol at all of this Dalembert love.

Because hes really good. Kings are trying to develop their young guys so he doesn't get much PT. But I'm sure if he got 35 mins he could avg probably 12 rebounds and 3.5 blocks.

DwayneMVPwade
02-17-2011, 06:44 PM
dont any team that would want to take Ric Hamilton's 3 year deal