PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw,Childress and Camby among others become available as deadline nears

spreadeagle
02-16-2011, 01:25 PM
The Hornets have tried to engage the Nuggets for shooting guard J.R. Smith(notes),but Denver seems reluctant to move Smith until theres a resolution on the Anthony talks. Portlands two available centers Marcus Camby(notes)and Joel Przybilla(notes) are intriguing to most teams searching for size, but the Hornets dont appear to have pieces that appeal to the Blazers. Portland already has control of the Hornets conditional 2011 first-round pick from the Jerryd Bayless(notes)trade in October.New Orleans has a strong interest in Cleveland Cavaliers forward Antawn Jamison(notes),but no team seems willing to trade for the two years, and $28 million left on his contract. Cleveland has shown no desire to negotiate a buyout on Jamisons contract, and sources said Jamison isnt going to pressure the issue.The Hornets will likely be in pursuit of New Jersey Nets forward Troy Murphy(notes)once the Nets reach a buyout agreement with him after the trade deadline. Nets coach Avery Johnson made clear he didnt want Murphy after the three-team trade that brought him from the Indiana Pacers. Trade talks have gone nowhere for Murphy, who has an expiring contract. Nets GM Billy King will ultimately work a buyout to free Murphy to sign elsewhere.In addition to the Hornets, several other teams are expected to show interest in Murphy, including the Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Orlando Magic and Dallas Mavericks, sources said.After signing Josh Childress(notes)to a five-year, $33.5 million contract over the summer, the Phoenix Suns are unsuccessfully trying to push him on the trade markets, league executives said. Childress has averaged 5.2 points in 17 minutes per game. New Jerseys Travis Outlaw(notes)another overpriced summer signee at five years and $35 million has been offered in deals, but there are no takers. Nets fans can thank Johnson for pushing that deal onto the franchises payroll. The Philadelphia 76ers have struggled to find a trade for shooter Jason Kapono(notes),who has fallen out of Doug Collins rotatiohttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ah5shf.Azn0NbTbVRd2PGWS8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets021511

thekmp211
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
lol the hornets used to have jr smith. travis outlaw blows. childress could help a team...and im not sure what to think of the troy murphy situation.

CostanzaNumba0
02-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I think the knicks will make a move for camby if mozgov is traded in the anthony package

xbrackattackx
02-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Would love to see Camby on my Lakers. We got Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff as back ups we need a little help here.

spreadeagle
02-16-2011, 02:37 PM
lol the hornets used to have jr smith. travis outlaw blows. childress could help a team...and im not sure what to think of the troy murphy situation.

outlaw and childress just signed deals too,shows free agency almost always is a ripoff,Raptors could use outlaw's 3's and rebounding I guess, Troy Murphy can ball he will find a team

jiggin
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
got to think with Portland still looking like they will make the playoffs, any trade involving Camby or the Vanilla Gorilla will have to put the club in a much much better situation for the 2012 season and beyond.

I would also think portland would be sensitive to dealing Camby since he is still under contract for next year (Joel is not) and their center situation isn't exactly crystal clear going into next season.

Young and Stupid
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
outlaw and childress just signed deals too,shows free agency almost always is a ripoff,Raptors could use outlaw's 3's and rebounding I guess, Troy Murphy can ball he will find a team

No team can use ANYTHING that Outlaw provides. Statement of fact.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Who the hell wants Outlaw:laugh2:

AntiG
02-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Would love to see Camby on my Lakers. We got Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff as back ups we need a little help here.

no chance, unless Bynum or Gasol are part of the deal (i'll just leave Kobe out), since you have to match salaries to trade.

Camby's salary is $11,749,832, and they would be looking for expiring contracts or high quality talent in return.

The only full out expirings are Joe Smith and Ratliff (both vet minimum), and Shannon Brown and Barnes (both low salaries with player options).

jkiddvc20
02-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Good god someone please take Outlaw

Savage Sunday
02-16-2011, 04:28 PM
no chance, unless Bynum or Gasol are part of the deal (i'll just leave Kobe out), since you have to match salaries to trade.

Camby's salary is $11,749,832, and they would be looking for expiring contracts or high quality talent in return.

The only full out expirings are Joe Smith and Ratliff (both vet minimum), and Shannon Brown and Barnes (both low salaries with player options).

Was going to reply with this.

Camby's going to be tough to acquire for a lot of Playoff teams.

PDCballa
02-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Michael Redd is definitely available. The Bucks are looking to unload his contract if the right trade comes about.

The Jokemaker
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
got to think with Portland still looking like they will make the playoffs, any trade involving Camby or the Vanilla Gorilla will have to put the club in a much much better situation for the 2012 season and beyond.

I would also think portland would be sensitive to dealing Camby since he is still under contract for next year (Joel is not) and their center situation isn't exactly crystal clear going into next season.

That has become my favorite nickname in the NBA.

Portland is in a tricky situation with two of their key young players hurt yet they're winning still. Do they keep Camby and the Vanilla gorilla and fight for the playoffs or trade one of these guys to pick up a few extra pieces that can also help the team now or next season.

goblazers7
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Portland is sixth in the west..

Savage Sunday
02-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Michael Redd is definitely available. The Bucks are looking to unload his contract if the right trade comes about.

They're probably going to have to buy him out.

Not unless they want to take a bad contract like Elton Brand or Baron Davis.

Or take on several bad contracts from a team like Detroit.

Raph12
02-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Isn't Camby still seriously injured?...

LA_Raiders
02-16-2011, 05:30 PM
We will see in about a week. I hope we make a move too.

The BodyGuard
02-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Good god someone please take Outlaw

Is he that he bad or what's the problem? ?

xbrackattackx
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Dang didn't know his contract was so janky with him being in his late 30's. I assumed 7-8 million.Thats crazy. No chance.

BallIsAll
02-16-2011, 07:41 PM
this will be exciting i would like to bring a center who can rebound and defend to denver but keep smith!!

NJ Raven
02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Is he that he bad or what's the problem? ?

He looks confused on the floor. Can't hit a jumpshot and gets blown up by opposing SFs.

Gram
02-16-2011, 09:15 PM
They're probably going to have to buy him out.

Not unless they want to take a bad contract like Elton Brand or Baron Davis.

Or take on several bad contracts from a team like Detroit.

Rip and Chuck V for Reddy Redd. I heard the Bucks miss Chuck. ;)

netsgiantsyanks
02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
travis outlaw for josh childress

:pray:

Blazers#1Fan
02-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Whoever said cambys contract is 11mill is off a few mill its 8million and 9 next year if I ran the blazers I'd do the camby miller for Gerald Wallace Dj Augustin and try to get Kwame instead of Diop maybe get Tyrus thomas that's my perfect trade

Kwame/Pryz
LA/Thomas
Wallace&Batum/Rudy
Wes&Batum/Rudy
Augustin/Mills/Johnson

Lakers4ItAll
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Thunder need Camby

Kakaroach
02-17-2011, 12:32 AM
It becomes more evident with every game the Jazz need a legit center. I would love Camby, Pryz, or Kaman.

giants9689
02-17-2011, 12:45 AM
would love to have camby back on the knicks

soonabooma
02-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Thunder need Camby

I agree, he would be a great fit for us. When healthy, he still puts up crazy numbers. He can still score and he'll rebound with the best of em. If we couldn't get a guy like Nene or Tyson Chandler then I'd love to make a run at Camby. But I don't think our GM has the guts to make a splash anyway, so it's all pipe dreams.

Pete Maravich
02-17-2011, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't mind getting Camby on my team. Even if he is injured. The jazz need a center. Haven't had one since Ostertag or Eaton. Camby is strong and I bet he comes back healthy.

sunsfan88
02-17-2011, 04:28 AM
Suns better not trade Childress with a 1st rd pick just to save $$$.

I remember trading Kurt Thomas to OKC with 2 other 1st rd pick. This better not be one of those.

I'm disappointed to hear we are not trading Carter...