PDA

View Full Version : only the mavericks can keep carmelo from going to the knicks

bungsoel24
02-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Source: Only Dallas Can Keep Carmelo From Going To Knicks
Feb 16, 2011 10:07 AM EST

Carmelo Anthony is open to signing an extension with the Mavericks, according to a source.

Dallas has a roster already capable of winning a title, but they have a need at small forward.

"The only way Melo doesn't come to New York is if [Mark] Cuban makes a play," that source said.

Roddy Beaubois is the main player of interest Dallas could use in a major trade, but he is close to untouchable.

A source with knowledge of the Mavericks' thinking said he'd "be shocked if [Carmelo] came" to Dallas, but did say Cuban is unpredictable.

Via Alan Hahn/Newsday

koreancabbage
02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
they have the pieces to move for Carmelo. I say do it. No player is untouchable if Melo resigns... who cares about Beaubois lol

if they can move and keep Butler, that team is DANGEROUS

Kidd
Butler
Melo
Nowitzki
Chandler

yo that lineup can challenge any team in the NBA as long as Kidd is productive.

Raph12
02-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Dude drops 40 once and suddenly he's a great prospect lol, I guess Kleiza has great potential as well... A trade for Melo would do them good in almost every way.

td0tsfinest
02-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Can't believe the word "untouchable" is being used alongside Beaubois. He's a good, has potential but I'm not hesitating to give him up for a shot at Melo.

tangent12
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I just don't see it. I doubt he ends up in Dallas.

thedfactor
02-16-2011, 11:51 AM
From what I've heard within Dallas whether Melo signed an extension or the original "rental" idea was Mark Cuban seeking a 3rd team to help facilitate a deal in order for Denver to get what they want because the Mavericks have a decent offer, but maybe not the over-the-top type.

Belief is Mavericks would start with Butler, Stevenson, Roddy B, 2 firsts

fadedmario
02-16-2011, 12:04 PM
If Melo was for sure going to the Knicks it would have happened already. Cuban has a history of overpaying for players either through contract or trade. I bet he ends up in Dallas...

Skizzik
02-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Dude drops 40 once and suddenly he's a great prospect lol, I guess Kleiza has great potential as well... A trade for Melo would do them good in almost every way.

Now, don't get me wrong, if it means landing Melo, I would trade Roddy (depending on what the rest of the package is - like the Nets, there's a point when you have to say enough is enough and you can't gut your team for a single player, especially with a roster that's win now or win never). However, he didn't just drop 40 and blow up. He showed very impressive speed during his play last year.

He also basically single handedly brought the Mavs back when they were down by 20 in game 6 against the Spurs last year. And you can't blame him that we didn't win game 6...because Carlisle decided the guy who brought us back should rot on the bench and we went back to our crappy ways without him.

On top of that, he's the only player in league history to put up a 50/40/80 line as a rookie (50% fg, 40% 3p, 80% ft). You can say what you want about when he played (sometimes it was in complete garbage minutes, sometimes it was against starters)...but if that was an easy line to put up, someone else surely would have done it by now.

He probably will never be a superstar...but the kid had an amazing rookie season and played very well and very hard any time he was given a chance. Acting like the only thing he ever did was drop 40 points on GS is just ignorance.

fadedmario
02-16-2011, 12:06 PM
From what I've heard within Dallas whether Melo signed an extension or the original "rental" idea was Mark Cuban seeking a 3rd team to help facilitate a deal in order for Denver to get what they want because the Mavericks have a decent offer, but maybe not the over-the-top type.

Belief is Mavericks would start with Butler, Stevenson, Roddy B, 2 firsts

The Nuggets will ask for Tyson Chandler too and probably want the Mavs to take back Al Harrington.

TRUTH-TELLER
02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Carmelo Anthony is open to signing an extension with the Mavericks, according to a source.

not gonna happen. i don't know why these other teams keep coming into play.(bored newspaper writers?) the guy wants to play in ny. thats the end of story. either a trade or he will walk away at the end of the year and denver gets nothing. melo will be a knick thats the only story that should be out there

thedfactor
02-16-2011, 12:16 PM
The Nuggets will ask for Tyson Chandler too and probably want the Mavs to take back Al Harrington.Nah, Dallas has everyone available outside Dirk/Tyson. At the moment Dallas isn't in position to make anything happen, it's up to Denver. If the Nuggets have nothing by the 24th, they'll call Dallas rather than lose Melo for nothing. Dallas then might have the upper hand.

fadedmario
02-16-2011, 12:17 PM

not gonna happen. i don't know why these other teams keep coming into play.(bored newspaper writers?) the guy wants to play in ny. thats the end of story. either a trade or he will walk away at the end of the year and denver gets nothing. melo will be a knick thats the only story that should be out there

You guys said the same thing about Lebron

Skizzik
02-16-2011, 12:23 PM
The Nuggets will ask for Tyson Chandler too and probably want the Mavs to take back Al Harrington.

They can ask all they want. Considering our history of bigs and Cuban's willingness to pay...there's 0% chance Tyson is involved in a Melo deal. Honestly though, I see no way this deal gets done. I'm certain we won't be willing to move Tyson and without him, we just can't offer a good enough package to get Melo over other packages that I'm sure are available. We need Tyson more than Melo should we face LA, Boston or Orlando.

PhillyFaninLA
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM

It wasn't to long ago many Knicks fans were saying the same type of things about Lebron. Things don't happen until they happen, optimism is one thing but blindness is another. I agree that he will most likely be on the Knicks but to say its a done deal is short sighted.

WeBallin
02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
If Melo, really wanted to be in NY he would jus say he's not resignin any contract with Denver,an if there was any trade proposal denver should have been jumped on it, cause if Melo doesn't sign he walk for FREE, but IMO Denver has soured any above avg offer that was goin to happen, from the first proposal when NJ was offerin Favors an some others, i believe that was the best offer they were gonna get....an now they'll be lucky to get any High draft caliber player....

MrfadeawayJB
02-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Although i find this to be a conceivable destination for Melo, your "source" sounds like it yourself lol

AI
02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm a Carmelo fan, I would love for him to go to Dallas instead of New York. That team would be stacked...

Madtown22
02-16-2011, 12:46 PM
I feel as if some of these stories pop up on behalf of the Nuggets to force the Knick hand and make them give up more than they want. A crazy game of chicken IMO

Who's going to fold

todu82
02-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Dallas would be a good fit for Melo. I just wish he'd get traded already. All this drama around him is taking away from the season.

LTBaByyy
02-16-2011, 01:04 PM
This is just a threat to the knicks

I dont see him coming to the Mavs

Tarheels23
02-16-2011, 01:15 PM

There is zero chance the Mavs can beat the Spurs or Lakers in a playoff series with no Chandler

PhillyFaninLA
02-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Although i find this to be a conceivable destination for Melo, your "source" sounds like it yourself lol

It says in the original post, Via Alan Hahn/Newsday so no the TC was no referring to themselves they where referring to the person the mentioned in their post and you ignored to make a comment like this.

blahblahyoutoo
02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
they have the pieces to move for Carmelo. I say do it. No player is untouchable if Melo resigns... who cares about Beaubois lol

if they can move and keep Butler, that team is DANGEROUS

Kidd
Butler
Melo
Nowitzki
Chandler

yo that lineup can challenge any team in the NBA as long as Kidd is productive.

yeah y0. mad tight dawg.

oak2455
02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
You guys said the same thing about Lebron

Much different story.....BTW nice Sig:rolleyes:

PurpleJesus
02-16-2011, 01:41 PM
how is this article news? it states that melo would sign an extension with dallas, but that dallas does not want to trade for him.

beasted86
02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
What do Maverick & Nuggets fans think of this:
Chandler, Roddy B, Stevenson + 1st for Carmelo + Anderson
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4qqjevx

LTBaByyy
02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Chandler isnt going anywhere!!!!! Yall are crazy lol

Chandler is the only readon we have a shot at going to the finals

beasted86
02-16-2011, 02:30 PM
So basically you guys are saying Tyson Chandler has more value to the Mavericks than a legit perennial all-star in Carmelo Anthony and top 5 scorer?

Fine... My only response to that is then I better not hear you schmucks complaining and saying the Mavericks were "This" close to the Championship, and we only need a 2nd star to play next to Dirk. Stick with your team, and if they lose, that just says Dirk wasn't good enough, because he has his second star called Tyson Chandler already. He's just as valuable as an MVP caliber top 10 player.

LTBaByyy
02-16-2011, 02:38 PM
You dont watch the mavs if you dont think Chandler is important to the Mavs!!

He is the reason we are playing so good,we have the best PF/C duo in the league

We are not messing that up. Chandler is the only chance we will get by Spurs or Lakers not Melo with Haywood starting

If we get Melo with Dirk and Chandler on the same team I would do it in a heart beat

beasted86
02-16-2011, 02:45 PM
You dont watch the mavs if you dont think Chandler is important to the Mavs!!

He is the reason we are playing so good,we have the best PF/C duo in the league

We are not messing that up. Chandler is the only chance we will get by Spurs or Lakers not Melo with Haywood starting

If we get Melo with Dirk and Chandler on the same team I would do it in a heart beat

I'm not saying Chandler isn't very good. What I'm saying is this just disproves that 2nd scorer theory.

Tyson Chandler isn't exactly Ben Wallace from a few years ago. He's barely averaging a double double with only 1.2 blks. There's no way he can be more valuable than Carmelo Anthony OVERALL especially if you are getting a decent athletic big in return. As it stands I just want to rid any excuses from the Mavs. If they do indeed have a shot at Carmelo without gutting the roster and didn't make the trade... that means Cuban and management feel the team already has enough to win the West and win the championship already.

The closest analogy I can make up is the Heat somehow can trade Mike Miller for Chauncey Billups. Sure Miller's shooting is instrumental, but he's not at all more valuable overall than Billups would be to Miami.

Skizzik
02-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm not saying Chandler isn't very good. What I'm saying is this just disproves that 2nd scorer theory.

Tyson Chandler isn't exactly Ben Wallace from a few years ago. He's barely averaging a double double with only 1.2 blks. There's no way he can be more valuable than Carmelo Anthony OVERALL especially if you are getting a decent athletic big in return. As it stands I just want to rid any excuses from the Mavs. If they do indeed have a shot at Carmelo without gutting the roster and didn't make the trade... that means Cuban and management feel the team already has enough to win the West and win the championship already.

The closest analogy I can make up is the Heat somehow can trade Mike Miller for Chauncey Billups. Sure Miller's shooting is instrumental, but he's not at all more valuable overall than Billups would be to Miami.

Unless we're getting Nene back in the deal (which we wouldn't)...we're downgrading. There is no way that if we do face Boston or LA...that we'd beat them with some combination of Haywood, Dirk, Jefferson and Mahimi. And trying to use stats as your reasoning is just silly...what would be the point in playing the game if everyone was only as valuable as the box score says they are? Tyson brings an energy and leadership quality this team has sorely lacked.

Yes, we badly need a true second scorer. But trading away a key cog in our team for another key cog we need is taking a step forward to take a step back. Add in the other pieces we'd be trading away and the trade would be a step backwards for us. Also...you seriously used an analogy where Mike Miller was compared to Tyson Chandler.

CBCable
02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
So basically you guys are saying Tyson Chandler has more value to the Mavericks than a legit perennial all-star in Carmelo Anthony and top 5 scorer?

Fine... My only response to that is then I better not hear you schmucks complaining and saying the Mavericks were "This" close to the Championship, and we only need a 2nd star to play next to Dirk. Stick with your team, and if they lose, that just says Dirk wasn't good enough, because he has his second star called Tyson Chandler already. He's just as valuable as an MVP caliber top 10 player.

I have watched every Mavs game for the past 6 years.

No, no, no, a million times no to including Chandler in a deal for Melo.

What would that accomplish?

Our defense would disintegrate and we'd be further away from a 'ship than we were before the trade took place.

That's called rearranging deck chairs.

Butler+Stevenson+Roddy+picks for Melo. It's the only way.

LTBaByyy
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM

Our defense would disintegrate and we'd be further away from a 'ship than we were before the trade took place.

Thank you!!! We have never had a center like him ever! Lol

We have had plenty of people like Haywood

beasted86
02-16-2011, 03:48 PM

There's no amount of Maverick games I can watch that would allow me to believe Chandler provides equal impact to Carmelo. Sorry.

Unless we're getting Nene back in the deal (which we wouldn't)...we're downgrading. There is no way that if we do face Boston or LA...that we'd beat them with some combination of Haywood, Dirk, Jefferson and Mahimi. And trying to use stats as your reasoning is just silly...what would be the point in playing the game if everyone was only as valuable as the box score says they are? Tyson brings an energy and leadership quality this team has sorely lacked.

Yes, we badly need a true second scorer. But trading away a key cog in our team for another key cog we need is taking a step forward to take a step back. Add in the other pieces we'd be trading away and the trade would be a step backwards for us. Also...you seriously used an analogy where Mike Miller was compared to Tyson Chandler.

No. The analogy was Carmelo vs. Chandlers : Billups vs. Miller.

In both situations in the analogy above, one player is critical to how your system works, but the other player is just that much more valuable overall.

Sure the Heat need Miller because of his special combination of shooting, rebounding, ball handling and so forth, but we have Jones who isn't half bad, and Wade & LeBron at the 2/3. Billups overall is >>> Miller.

Sure the Mavericks need Chandler's athletic defensive presences and ability to finish and so forth, but they have Haywood who isn't half bad, and Dirk, would be getting Carmelo who is good rebounding, Anderson (in my scenario), and Ian. Carmelo overall is >>> Chandler.

But anyway, we are falling far off into speculation. We don't know what the Mavericks would have to give up, or what the Nuggets want. Chandler is playing well for the Mavericks, and the Nuggets seem to want young talent and lots of picks. Chandler is expiring as well and they might not be able to keep him even if they got him.

Skizzik
02-16-2011, 03:56 PM
There's no amount of Maverick games I can watch that would allow me to believe Chandler provides equal impact to Carmelo. Sorry.

No. The analogy was Carmelo vs. Chandlers : Billups vs. Miller.

In both situations in the analogy above, one player is critical to how your system works, but the other player is just that much more valuable overall.

Sure the Heat need Miller because of his special combination of shooting, rebounding, ball handling and so forth, but we have Jones who isn't half bad, and Wade & LeBron at the 2/3. Billups overall is >>> Miller.

Sure the Mavericks need Chandler's athletic defensive presences and ability to finish and so forth, but they have Haywood who isn't half bad, and Dirk, would be getting Carmelo who is good rebounding, Anderson (in my scenario), and Ian. Carmelo overall is >>> Chandler.

But anyway, we are falling far off into speculation. We don't know what the Mavericks would have to give up, or what the Nuggets want. Chandler is playing well for the Mavericks, and the Nuggets seem to want young talent and lots of picks. Chandler is expiring as well and they might not be able to keep him even if they got him.

Tell me how that's worked out for the Heat against Boston. Despite the best efforts of superstars, they have failed to make up for the lack of bigs. I'm not knocking the Heat, don't get me wrong, but if you want to use an analogy, it's better to compare it to something relevant. And in this case there's a scenario in the NBA where you can see the value of bigs versus the value of superstars. Wade and Lebron are two of the top five players in the league, their place will depend on who you ask (Lebron is number 1 and Wade is number 3 for me)...yet despite all that star power...you haven't managed to get over that hump because your main bigs are Big Z and Damp. I'll take my chances with Tyson over Melo any day with how Tyson is playing and knowing how good Melo can be offensively.

CBCable
02-16-2011, 03:59 PM

You are basically admitting you don't understand the value of defense in the game of basketball.

CBCable
02-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Here is a great article detailing Chandler's defensive impact for the Mavericks:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2010/11/09/chandler-helps-mavs-become-elite-defenders/

Melo would be a great addition to the Mavs as an all-star wing to pair with Dirk.

However, I think the people on this board and the overall NBA community overvalue Melo to the point of absurdity.

He is a prolific scorer with no heart, no will to win, no integrity.

He has held his only NBA home hostage this entire season despite their best efforts to build a team around him and pacify his whims.

He is an entitled primadonna and his value to a team is vastly overrated.

For the record, the Knicks blowing up their roster to acquire him will go down as one of the most foolish blockbuster trades in recent history, in any sport.

beasted86
02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Tell me how that's worked out for the Heat against Boston. Despite the best efforts of superstars, they have failed to make up for the lack of bigs. I'm not knocking the Heat, don't get me wrong, but if you want to use an analogy, it's better to compare it to something relevant. And in this case there's a scenario in the NBA where you can see the value of bigs versus the value of superstars. Wade and Lebron are two of the top five players in the league, their place will depend on who you ask (Lebron is number 1 and Wade is number 3 for me)...yet despite all that star power...you haven't managed to get over that hump because your main bigs are Big Z and Damp. I'll take my chances with Tyson over Melo any day with how Tyson is playing and knowing how good Melo can be offensively.
It's working out great. After the 9-8 start where the team needed time to adjust and find a rhythm, they've won something like 26 out of 29 games where the big 3 have played in. Also the experiment isn't complete until June anyway.

You are basically admitting you don't understand the value of defense in the game of basketball.

Here is a great article detailing Chandler's defensive impact for the Mavericks:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2010/11/09/chandler-helps-mavs-become-elite-defenders/

Check the date on that data: November 9 2010. Exactly 6 games into the NBA season they've come to that revelation. Show me up to date data, then we can talk. I fully understand defensive impact, and I'll tell you I just don't believe in Chandler all that much.

DRose7
02-16-2011, 04:21 PM
http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-nuggets/2011/2/16/1997247/nba-trade-deadline-rumor-knicks-mavericks-carmelo-anthony

If the Nuggets are smart, trading Melo to the Mavs would be there best possible option for all 3 parties, especially since Melo is reportedly willing to sign an extension

Skizzik
02-16-2011, 04:21 PM
It's working out great. After the 9-8 start where the team needed time to adjust and find a rhythm, they've won something like 26 out of 29 games where the big 3 have played in. Also the experiment isn't complete until June anyway.

I'm pretty certain you ignored the key part of my post: about the post being about superstars versus bigs (namely the Heat versus Boston). I have no clue why you talk about your 9-8 start or your 26 wins in 29 games with the big 3. I was using an analogy that made sense (unlike you comparing Mike Miller to Chauncey Billups in reference to comparing Chandler to Melo). My post had nothing to do with anything other than how trying to beat people with superstars and crappy bigs isn't as good as building a team that's deep with quality bigs.

MFFL==FML
02-16-2011, 04:28 PM

Um, it's more than just producing 40. He shows signs of elite defense (the few minutes he has played in each game) and is one of the quickest PG in the game today with the ability to catch and dunk lob passes. He is insanely athletic and young. Is he better than Melo, no... no one is saying that, but you should check him out before you sound like a moron.

Bornknick73
02-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Jesus Christmas another one of these? I dont know about you but it has been confirmed Carmelo has told the Nuggets he will ONLY sign with the Knicks.

What youre putting up is a rumor confirmed by no one and quoted by a unnamed source.

Not thread worthy and the information isnt confirmed. Please apply for a job at ESPN, I hear lately they float rumors as news too.

MFFL==FML
02-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Can't believe the word "untouchable" is being used alongside Beaubois. He's a good, has potential but I'm not hesitating to give him up for a shot at Melo.

Totally agree. Untouchable for people like Stephen Jackson, Iguadala (although even I'd give him up for Iguadala), etc... But for Melo, if that is what it takes to get him, pull the trigger...

Savage Sunday
02-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Makes 0 sense to me from Denver's perspective to deal Carmelo to Dallas. Roddy doesn't have the same value to Denver as he would to a Utah or New Orleans, considering Denver already has Ty Lawson who is poised to be a starter. Butler/Chandler aren't that attractive considering Denver would be going backwards to the Lottery without Melo.

The Knicks do offer the best deal.

DRose7
02-16-2011, 04:31 PM
find me video or quote were Melo actaully says he will only sign with the Knicks, until then ur just another bias knicks fan:facepalm:

Bornknick73
02-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Source: Only Dallas Can Keep Carmelo From Going To Knicks
Feb 16, 2011 10:07 AM EST

Dallas has a roster already capable of winning a title, but they have a need at small forward.

"The only way Melo doesn't come to New York is if [Mark] Cuban makes a play," that source said.

Roddy Beaubois is the main player of interest Dallas could use in a major trade, but he is close to untouchable.

A source with knowledge of the Mavericks' thinking said he'd "be shocked if [Carmelo] came" to Dallas, but did say Cuban is unpredictable.

Via Alan Hahn/Newsday

More useless rumor from supposed sources. The man risks all this money, all this time, his team loses more then a few games because of all this, hes publicly stated several time his desire is to be in NYC, and its a fact he told Nuggets management he will only sign with the Knicks.

So we went through months of all this agony and hes gonna turn around and sign in Dallas? I dont think anyone is paying attention.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Mavs forum?

DRose7
02-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Mavs forum?

nah i wanted everybody to comment, not mainly just mavs fans

Bornknick73
02-16-2011, 04:37 PM
find me video or quote were Melo actaully says he will only sign with the Knicks, until then ur just another bias knicks fan:facepalm:

And we've just gone through these last 6 months for our health?

Its always been about the Knicks, get a clue. Hes risking his reputation and 65 million dollars to try and force his way to the knicks.

Next your gonna tell me his obsession with joining the Knicks is a rumor too.

Face it people just dont want the Knicks to be good again, people hate NYC and dont want to see anything good come out of it.

Ill give you the link in 8 days or less when it comes out of his mouth in front of the world how it was always about being a NY Knickerbocker.

DRose7
02-16-2011, 04:43 PM

Its always been about the Knicks, get a clue. Hes risking his reputation and 65 million dollars to try and force his way to the knicks.

Face it people just dont want the Knicks to be good again, people hate NYC and dont want to see anything good come out of it.

Ill give you the link in 8 days or less when it comes out of his mouth in front of the world how it was always about being a NY Knickerbocker.

What im from the BX why wouldnt i want the Knicks to do good...but just like its speculated hes wants to go to the knicks, its speculated that he wants to go to the mavs...each one deserves to be heard out lol...honestly trading him to the mavs would be better for the mavs nuggs and melo, than trading him to the knicks...but im cool if he goes to the knick, idc

nshush
02-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Seriously?! Melo has become the biggest drama queen of recent history. I just want this **** to stop right about now. He's going to be a knick. Mark my words. Denver needs to get the **** done already. It's not helping their team.

footballer2369
02-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Dallas would be sick with Kidd/Melo/Dirk/Chandler and Terry off the bench :drool:

210Don
02-16-2011, 04:48 PM
no effin way

MFFL==FML
02-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Dallas: Carmelo Anthony, Chris Andersen
Denver: Tyson Chandler, DeShawn Stevenson (no Beaubois), Dominique Jones, 2 future 1st

I am comfortable with giving Chandler up but not Chandler and Beaubois. They can have one but not both. I would probably miss Chandler more right now only because he has more game impact and he is a top 10 center in this league (sorry if you don't agree, but he is). We do have a big bastard who kind of sucks off the bench named Haywood, and Mahinmi plays similarly to Chandler. I would hope with the addition of Andersen, Haywood and Mahinmi could solidify our backup center position.

PG: Kidd - Barea
SG: Beaubois - Terry
SF: Anthony - Stojakovic
PF: Nowitzki - Marion
C : Haywood - Mahinmi - Andersen

*Butler will still be on the team and can play next season when he is healed.

Obviously Kidd would play the 2 on defense and Beaubois plays the 1 on defense. I think this puts them closer to a championship.

MagicBucsSox
02-16-2011, 04:49 PM
lol what does Dallas have to offer

The Jokemaker
02-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Mavs have long been thought of as a darkhorse for Melo but who do they have to trade for him?

0nekhmer
02-16-2011, 04:50 PM
mavs do have more to give than knicks..

NJ Raven
02-16-2011, 04:51 PM
i'd be fine with him staying in the West.

kblo247
02-16-2011, 04:54 PM
I am beginning to hate ESPN even more so. Melo isn't creating a drama, they are just blowing up one themselves. The best bet to actually be informed on his status is The Beat and NBA TV.

ESPN never even aired his interview on NBA TV where he said months ago to Kamla and Smitty:
"I have no problem staying with Denver as long as they are actually trying to contend and Kenyon/Bird are healthy. I have no problem extending with another contender if the Nuggets think that they have to trade me, but I won't just extend anywhere for the money over being in a winning situation. I can't control any of that, but I can find peace on the basketball court and play the game that I love. Thank you guys for not speculating or trying to stir up rumors, but asking my actual stance."

They act like that didn't even happen.

The only ones I listen to on ESPN are Mason and Ireland since Ireland gets more access to the Lakers than any other reporter.

Bornknick73
02-16-2011, 04:57 PM
What im from the BX why wouldnt i want the Knicks to do good...but just like its speculated hes wants to go to the knicks, its speculated that he wants to go to the mavs...each one deserves to be heard out lol...honestly trading him to the mavs would be better for the mavs nuggs and melo, than trading him to the knicks...but im cool if he goes to the knick, idc

Its hysterical that after all this time people still think his desire to go to the Knicks is speculation...

We'll be speculating all the way to the press conference

The BodyGuard
02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Any proof??

jimbobjarree
02-16-2011, 05:00 PM
dallas has **** to offer. Not happening.

Blazers#1Fan
02-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Melo on the mavs would be good for the mavs and Knicks, knicks don't realize there giving up Gallinari(Dirk-ESC) Chandler (Young still) and most likely Felton Curry and Fields for Melo and billups its dumb when Melo isn't even a good fit next to Amare unless you have more Depth

Melo on the Mavs give them a Championship caliber team and if not the best team in the league for the next 2-3 years Melo can sign for 1 year after this year be a free agent with cp3 and knicks would have every player plus CP3 and melo and Melo might could win 1-2 rings which would give the knicks some championship experience

Amare
Gallinari
Melo
Fields
CP3
6th Chandler
Maybe resign Felton

That gives the knicks a better team without losing Anybody. gives them Depth and a young Championship team not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 nobody could play against them there stacked but if you give up 3 key pieces your Screwed for the future FACE it knicks fans you won't win a championship this year or Next Wait it OUT I swear Isiah Thomas still runs that team

210Don
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
dallas will offer a bag of lays and a side of hush puppies with jj barea for melo

Sadds The Gr8
02-16-2011, 05:28 PM
1) I doubt this is true...i'd be shocked if he was willing to stay with the Mavs
2) What does Dallas have to offer? Beaubous, Haywood, and low 1st&2nd rounders?

Hugbees
02-16-2011, 05:31 PM
nah i wanted everybody to comment, not mainly just mavs fans

u mean u wanted an excuse to troll

tangent12
02-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I hope Melo fails miserably wherever he ends up.. (except Chicago.. if he ends up in Chicago I wish him well..)

FakeBlackMamba
02-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Melo on the mavs would be good for the mavs and Knicks, knicks don't realize there giving up Gallinari(Dirk-ESC) Chandler (Young still) and most likely Felton Curry and Fields for Melo and billups its dumb when Melo isn't even a good fit next to Amare unless you have more Depth

Melo on the Mavs give them a Championship caliber team and if not the best team in the league for the next 2-3 years Melo can sign for 1 year after this year be a free agent with cp3 and knicks would have every player plus CP3 and melo and Melo might could win 1-2 rings which would give the knicks some championship experience

Amare
Gallinari
Melo
Fields
CP3
6th Chandler
Maybe resign Felton

That gives the knicks a better team without losing Anybody. gives them Depth and a young Championship team not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 nobody could play against them there stacked but if you give up 3 key pieces your Screwed for the future FACE it knicks fans you won't win a championship this year or Next Wait it OUT I swear Isiah Thomas still runs that team

Nothing about this post makes any sense. And please please please dont ever mention Gallinari and Dirk in the same paragraph.

Pierzynski4Prez

Hmmm, maybe because we went through these same guarantees a year ago that LBJ was a Knick.

DaBear
The Mavs would be a much better fit than the Knicks.

BigBlueCrew
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Hmmm, maybe because we went through these same guarantees a year ago that LBJ was a Knick.

What guarantees did you get?

What makes you think that LBJ is the most upfront person in the world. He is a twofaced individual and everyone now knows it.

"I didnt send the tweet" yeah right!

Mishmin
02-16-2011, 05:45 PM
I heard he's going to the kings..

Pierzynski4Prez
02-16-2011, 05:49 PM
What guarantees did you get?

What makes you think that LBJ is the most upfront person in the world. He is a twofaced individual and everyone now knows it.

"I didnt send the tweet" yeah right!

You're kidding right? Well, I see you signed up only last March, so its not completely your fault.

But basically all 2009, and until that day in July 2010, it was non-stop "I guarantee you LBJ is coming to the Knicks! Who wouldn't want to play in MSG, the mecca of basketball. Be the King of NYC. He can make a billion dollars here, he can't do that elsewhere."

I'm sure you can find a good couple thousand examples if you look deep enough in the threads.

How did that work out for you? Just saying, you should have high hopes that Melo will on NY next year, but I wouldn't go guaranteeing it anywhere, unless you are either him or LaLa.

dtmagnet
02-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I think unless the Knicks give in to that crazy trade demand by Denver that he will end up in Dallas. Carmelo on Dallas would be a great team IMO.

BigBlueCrew
02-16-2011, 06:05 PM
You're kidding right? Well, I see you signed up only last March, so its not completely your fault.

But basically all 2009, and until that day in July 2010, it was non-stop "I guarantee you LBJ is coming to the Knicks! Who wouldn't want to play in MSG, the mecca of basketball. Be the King of NYC. He can make a billion dollars here, he can't do that elsewhere."

I'm sure you can find a good couple thousand examples if you look deep enough in the threads.

How did that work out for you? Just saying, you should have high hopes that Melo will on NY next year, but I wouldn't go guaranteeing it anywhere, unless you are either him or LaLa.

Its not like Bulls fans and Cavs fans weren't doing the same. But of course your not going to remember those threads right?

Anilyzer
02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
total BS

obvious phony leak from the Denver camp, or made up story for ratings, or both

make it stop

Anilyzer
02-16-2011, 09:13 PM
LoL

Carmelo should hold a press conference and announce that he's not signing an extension ANYWHERE, including with the Knicks, until after the season when he's a free agent.

Denver richly deserves it

Anilyzer
02-16-2011, 09:16 PM
actually if I was Carmelo I would actually retire, and buyout the rest of my contract for 2011

then go on vacation, a long vacation somewhere warm, and get massages everyday, and work on conditioning, lifting and shooting, just relax.

Then, after the lockout, the CBA and all the craziness, come back as a free agent free and clear and Denver has no rights on him at all

Anilyzer
02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
sign a one year contract in Miami, get a sure title and do a big shoe contract or something, then sign a huge FA contract in NY or somewhere in summer 2012

Hugbees
02-16-2011, 11:15 PM
^ wtf? x4