PDA

View Full Version : What other options should New York look at?

mrblisterdundee
02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
This Melodrama is getting dumb. Multiple general managers have valued Anthony at about six extra wins. Many are saying his playing style doesn't gel well with Amara, because neither distributes the ball well. Felton isn't a good enough distributor to maximize the potentials of two scorers who need the ball a whole hell of a lot. Finally, Anthony won't help much with New York's biggest weakness: defense. Maybe it's time to get real.
Danny Granger, Gerald Wallace and Steve Nash (if you don't care about defense) are three targets that come to mind. What do y'all think? Is Anthony the only way forward, or is there someone else you think should be traded for?

Krzyzewskiville
02-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Billups Fields Melo Stat Mozgov BOOOM!

smith&wesson
02-15-2011, 10:50 PM
melo will be a knick .. its only a matter of time

after promicing new york fans lebron last year and falling short the knicks wont settle for less then melo.

nash would be hard to pry from phx,

gerald wallace and granger would be good options but melo is in a different class all together, you cant compare those guys to melo.

5ass
02-15-2011, 10:51 PM
a good center

justinnum1
02-15-2011, 11:02 PM
curry for kaman

Lo Porto
02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Deron Williams. He's already reported to have interest in NY in 2012. If the Knicks can make a massive 3 team trade to get players and picks that Utah wants using players that NY would trade, they should do it.

Then Melo would be stupid to accept an extension anywhere else. He could take a pay cut and join a better team than the one he'd be traded to now. How could he say no to a team with Deron and Amare? That team is better put together than Miami.

Chest Rockwell
02-15-2011, 11:25 PM
a good center

There are so few good centers that I doubt anyone would be willing to part with one.

mttwlsn16
02-15-2011, 11:39 PM
curry for kaman

gladly...we get rid of that injury proned lazy POS w a big contract, in exchange for a fat lazy POS with an expiring

Dankster
02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
This Melodrama is getting dumb. Multiple general managers have valued Anthony at about six extra wins. Many are saying his playing style doesn't gel well with Amara, because neither distributes the ball well. Felton isn't a good enough distributor to maximize the potentials of two scorers who need the ball a whole hell of a lot. Finally, Anthony won't help much with New York's biggest weakness: defense. Maybe it's time to get real.
Danny Granger, Gerald Wallace and Steve Nash (if you don't care about defense) are three targets that come to mind. What do y'all think? Is Anthony the only way forward, or is there someone else you think should be traded for?

There are way too many variables aside from the advanced statistics for any GM to make a claim that they can't coexist.. Same was said about LBJ and Wade, who everyone cited as both needing the ball in their hands to be effective and we all know that they can very much coexist as Wade plays wonderfully off the ball now (hence a 40-15 record.) Truthfully if Melo goes to NYC, you're talking about the best forward line in the league, and 2 of the top 5 scorers playing alongside each other.

Until Melo and Amare are on the court together for say roughly 20-25 games, I think statements such as that bolded should be reserved until than..

Weezy
02-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Deron Williams. He's already reported to have interest in NY in 2012. If the Knicks can make a massive 3 team trade to get players and picks that Utah wants using players that NY would trade, they should do it.

Then Melo would be stupid to accept an extension anywhere else. He could take a pay cut and join a better team than the one he'd be traded to now. How could he say no to a team with Deron and Amare? That team is better put together than Miami.

You really want Deron out of Utah dont you? :D

xabial
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM
gladly...we get rid of that injury proned lazy POS w a big contract, in exchange for a fat lazy POS with an expiring

Now i dont want him

Eww sounds like Curry 2.0 except he rebounds when hes healthy and on the court

xabial
02-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Billups Fields Melo Stat Mozgov BOOOM!

That could've been our starting line-up but apparently NY doesnt want to part with felton, Gallinari, Another starter (Most likely Chandler), Eddy Curry's Expiring contract and a 1st Round pick (Most likely Obtained from Trading Anthony Randolph).

This deal was offered to them, and NY thought it was too "steep".

I really want to keep Gallinari tho.

BGeer091
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
I'd rather have Deron Williams then Melo

jonline87
02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
That could've been our starting line-up but apparently NY doesnt want to part with felton, Gallinari, Another starter (Most likely Chandler), Eddy Curry's Expiring contract and a 1st Round pick (Most likely Obtained from Trading Anthony Randolph).

This deal was offered to them, and NY thought it was too "steep".

I really want to keep Gallinari tho.

You should look up the word "negotiation"

They would've been dumb to accept that offer without making a counter-offer.

mrblisterdundee
02-17-2011, 12:43 AM
There are way too many variables aside from the advanced statistics for any GM to make a claim that they can't coexist.. Same was said about LBJ and Wade, who everyone cited as both needing the ball in their hands to be effective and we all know that they can very much coexist as Wade plays wonderfully off the ball now (hence a 40-15 record.) Truthfully if Melo goes to NYC, you're talking about the best forward line in the league, and 2 of the top 5 scorers playing alongside each other.

Until Melo and Amare are on the court together for say roughly 20-25 games, I think statements such as that bolded should be reserved until than..

As Lebron James' t-shirt says, "Check my stats." Both James (7 APG Career Average) and Dwayne Wade (6.4 APG Career Average) were proven facilitators before they came together; they were the point guards of their respective teams. That's a big reason why they coexist.
That's not even counting the fact that both are crappy defensive players and would be playing for a defensively crappy coach. Mark my words: No team coached by Mike D'Antoni will ever win a championship.
On the other hand, neither Amare Stoudemire (1.4 APG Career Average) nor Carmello Anthony (3.1 APG Career Average) have any history of being decent distributors, thus why there are doubts of them playing well together. Is Raymond Felton (6.7 APG Career Average) supposed to maximize their scoring abilities? Once again, there aren't enough basketballs to go around.

dannyh1469
02-17-2011, 01:13 AM
gallinari looks like a douche bag taking the biggest dump of his life hes slow and not very athletic if the nuggets want him i would welcome that