PDA

View Full Version : Some trades teams should make

Dnovakovic099
02-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I wanted to see some trades you guys think teams should make. Here are some of mine:

1. Orlando should go after Steve Nash. He can hit open shots that Dwight would create, and he can improve that teams running game.
2. The Lakers should get rid of Artest. His shooting percentage is pathetic for a guy who plays on the same team as Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom.
3. Bulls should get Lee for Asik. I know Asik is young, but we have Thomas and Gibson on the bench and he would be a nice bench player in the future.
4. Knicks need to get Melo and then start begging for a center because they would be very interesting in the playoffs with Melo/Amare/Billups and some nice role players such as Wilson Chandler and Fields.
5.Miami needs a new coach. :hide:
6.Atlanta should also go after Nash. I believe this would make them a dark horse in the playoffs.
7.Utah needs to release Al Jefferson. The guy isn't that bad, I just think he is a cancer to the team on and maybe off the court.
8. Portland needs to trade Brandon Roy.
9. Memphis should trade either Gasol or Randolph because I don't think they can keep both, and even if they can they have proved they are going nowhere with them.
10. OKC needs a ceter and bad.

Those are just some of my ideas. I though it would be interesting to see some people's ideas.

HeatBBall
02-15-2011, 12:41 PM
I wanted to see some trades you guys think teams should make. Here are some of mine:

1. Orlando should go after Steve Nash. He can hit open shots that Dwight would create, and he can improve that teams running game.
2. The Lakers should get rid of Artest. His shooting percentage is pathetic for a guy who plays on the same team as Kobe, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom.
3. Bulls should get Lee for Asik. I know Asik is young, but we have Thomas and Gibson on the bench and he would be a nice bench player in the future.
4. Knicks need to get Melo and then start begging for a center because they would be very interesting in the playoffs with Melo/Amare/Billups and some nice role players such as Wilson Chandler and Fields.
5.Miami needs a new coach. :hide:6.Atlanta should also go after Nash. I believe this would make them a dark horse in the playoffs.
7.Utah needs to release Al Jefferson. The guy isn't that bad, I just think he is a cancer to the team on and maybe off the court.
9. Memphis should trade either Gasol or Randolph because I don't think they can keep both, and even if they can they have proved they are going nowhere with them.

Those are just some of my ideas. I though it would be interesting to see some people's ideas.

How is this even mentioned in a trade thread??

Didn't know a coach can be traded like a player. :facepalm::facepalm:

The BodyGuard
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM

I was wondering the same thing

Tarheels23
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Atlanta definitely needs a PG- I would think Nash and Billups are good fits.

tangent12
02-15-2011, 12:49 PM
No to Lee.

I do agree with your Heat suggestion, they definitely need a new coach. They have no system, their offense and defense is just terrible compared to that of the elite teams.

Raph12
02-15-2011, 12:54 PM
1. No way the Magic touch Nash with Gilbert and Hedo on the team, both are ballhandlers and have 0 trade value.
2. Artest is signed for 5 yrs and has already shown much decline in his game, only teams that touch him have to be desperate for a stopper and will give garbage in return.
3. Lee is a decent bench player at best, he's not starting material, Asik gives them some size off the bench when their bigs get into foul trouble.
4. The Nuggets asking price for Melo is much too high, negotiations will continue over AS weekend and I'm sure he'll be traded to NY before the end of the AS game.
5. Spoelstra is a good defensive coach but a terrible offensive coach, he's the poor man's SVG... Who would you replace him with? Unless Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan or Rick Adelman (contemplating retiring) is willing to come out of retirement.
6. They'd have to give up an important piece in order to get him, who do you trade?
7. Who can the Jazz get for him to make them better?
8. His value is in the dumps, they wouldn't get a penny for their dollar.
9. Agreed, you trade ZBo as he's asking for too much money and is the lesser player of the two.
10. So does the rest of the league.

THE GIPPER
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
You lost me when you said jefferson should be released.

Cubsfan365
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Coaches can be "traded." I know Jon Gruden was traded from the Raiders to the Bucs for some draft picks, but that is the NFL. However, the Heat let Stan Van Gundy go coach the Magic in exchange for some picks in 2007. I'm not sure if that's technically considered a trade, but it basically was.

Heater4life
02-15-2011, 01:16 PM
No to Lee.

I do agree with your Heat suggestion, they definitely need a new coach. They have no system, their offense and defense is just terrible compared to that of the elite teams.

:violin:

HeatBBall
02-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Coaches can be "traded." I know Jon Gruden was traded from the Raiders to the Bucs for some draft picks, but that is the NFL. However, the Heat let Stan Van Gundy go coach the Magic in exchange for some picks in 2007. I'm not sure if that's technically considered a trade, but it basically was.

Van Gundy resigned in 2005 from the Heat and was later picked up by the Magic in 2007. I don't see any trade there.

Dnovakovic099
02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
1. No way the Magic touch Nash with Gilbert and Hedo on the team, both are ballhandlers and have 0 trade value.
2. Artest is signed for 5 yrs and has already shown much decline in his game, only teams that touch him have to be desperate for a stopper and will give garbage in return.
3. Lee is a decent bench player at best, he's not starting material, Asik gives them some size off the bench when their bigs get into foul trouble.
4. The Nuggets asking price for Melo is much too high, negotiations will continue over AS weekend and I'm sure he'll be traded to NY before the end of the AS game.
5. Spoelstra is a good defensive coach but a terrible offensive coach, he's the poor man's SVG... Who would you replace him with? Unless Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan or Rick Adelman (contemplating retiring) is willing to come out of retirement.
6. They'd have to give up an important piece in order to get him, who do you trade?
7. Who can the Jazz get for him to make them better?
8. His value is in the dumps, they wouldn't get a penny for their dollar.
9. Agreed, you trade ZBo as he's asking for too much money and is the lesser player of the two.
10. So does the rest of the league.

1. I am saying they should get Nash. I know they won't but in my opinion he would be a sick fit.
2. Artest is garbage.
3. Lee is definitaly better than Bogans, and in my opinion he can start next to Rose. He is a perfect fit. Good defender that knocks down threes. Asik won't be needed when Noah gets back, but I do think he would be valuable in the future, but I think he will leave for a starting role after contract runs out because Noah isn't going anywhere.
4. This is Melo we are talking about. They aren't getting enough in return. The Knicks can wait and hope that Melo takes the risk of signing with them for possibly half the money the Nuggets can offer.
5. Jerry Sloan would be interesting, but I think he is done. I was thinking maybe Larry Brown.
6. Give them two firsts and Bibby. I don't think they can get much more than that considering what Denver is going to get for a player in his prime that is arguably better than Nash.
7. This was more of a joke. The guy just blows. He is a loser just like Zach Randolph.
8. They could get a lottery pick and a decent role player.
9. -
10. Bynum would be nice there, but they don't have the pieces. Maybe if Dwight goes to the Lakers then Bynum goes to the Thunder. That would be real good team.

Dnovakovic099
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
:violin:

I wouldn't go as far as that guy, but isn't it evident that they need a coach that can warrant more respect from his players? I love what Spolstra has done. I think he is a terrific coach, but I think a team like the Heat, a team with a shitload of young talent and egos, could use an older coach that they would listen to more.

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 02:55 PM
So the Grizz are going nowhere huh? How about youa ctually look up some stats and records and win loss records for teams then talk about something. They have the 3rd best record in the league since Xmas and are definitely in the playoff hunt. And they might be able to resign both in the offseason if Zbo takes less money.

TheDiggler
02-15-2011, 03:08 PM
/thread

JDink24
02-15-2011, 03:09 PM

6.Atlanta should also go after Nash. I believe this would make them a dark horse in the playoffs.

Sixers please! :pray:

Flash3
02-15-2011, 03:09 PM
No to Lee.

but you still love lebron no ?

Flash3
02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
wrong thread

Flash3
02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
wrong thread

RZZZA
02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Give me Lee all day, do the rockets even want to trade him?

PhillyFaninLA
02-15-2011, 03:20 PM

Jon Gruden and Herm Edwards

stlbest5in2013
02-15-2011, 03:43 PM

3. Bulls should get Lee for Asik. I know Asik is young, but we have Thomas and Gibson on the bench and he would be a nice bench player in the future.4. Knicks need to get Melo and then start begging for a center because they would be very interesting in the playoffs with Melo/Amare/Billups and some nice role players such as Wilson Chandler and Fields.

:facepalm: some fans shouldn't even be allowed to post garbage like this

stlbest5in2013
02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
So the Grizz are going nowhere huh? How about youa ctually look up some stats and records and win loss records for teams then talk about something. They have the 3rd best record in the league since Xmas and are definitely in the playoff hunt. And they might be able to resign both in the offseason if Zbo takes less money.

if you seriously think that the girz are building for a long term haul, you dont know your team. they may make a playoff run, for the next 2 years, to lose in the first round. but then they will blow it up. people in memphis dont attend games, so how do you put fair weathered fans in the seats???????

playoff appearence, then once they get their money, back to the lottery

Madtown22
02-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Would Houston trade Martin? he could be a difference maker

Raph12
02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
1. I am saying they should get Nash. I know they won't but in my opinion he would be a sick fit.
2. Artest is garbage.
3. Lee is definitaly better than Bogans, and in my opinion he can start next to Rose. He is a perfect fit. Good defender that knocks down threes. Asik won't be needed when Noah gets back, but I do think he would be valuable in the future, but I think he will leave for a starting role after contract runs out because Noah isn't going anywhere.
4. This is Melo we are talking about. They aren't getting enough in return. The Knicks can wait and hope that Melo takes the risk of signing with them for possibly half the money the Nuggets can offer.
5. Jerry Sloan would be interesting, but I think he is done. I was thinking maybe Larry Brown.
6. Give them two firsts and Bibby. I don't think they can get much more than that considering what Denver is going to get for a player in his prime that is arguably better than Nash.
7. This was more of a joke. The guy just blows. He is a loser just like Zach Randolph.
8. They could get a lottery pick and a decent role player.
9. -
10. Bynum would be nice there, but they don't have the pieces. Maybe if Dwight goes to the Lakers then Bynum goes to the Thunder. That would be real good team.

1. Would've been if they didn't get Gilbert and Hedo, it would no longer be a good fit... Both of those guys are ineffective off-ball.
2. Agreed
3. Lee is overrated, decent role player, but an overrated shooter/defender... Korver is better than he is next to Rose.
4. I see that trade going down before the deadline regardless of what is on the table.
5. Larry Brown would actually be great defensively, idk if he's a great offensive coach though... He's an upgrade for sure, but nothing over-the-top, so to speak.
6. Denver needs to trade Melo, Phoenix does not need to trade Nash... They won't settle for Bibby's washed up ***.
7. He could be an important piece for a title contender (ie: Magic), but getting return will be difficult.
8. Roy is worth much more than that, I think they wait to see how he bounces back first... If his name hasn't come up in trade rumors, it means they've seen something they like in practises.
9. -
10. If Dwight goes to the Lakers, it'll be for Bynum, enter rotation player, picks and fillers... No way he finds a way onto the Thunder.

Cubsfan365
02-15-2011, 04:12 PM
:facepalm: some fans shouldn't even be allowed to post garbage like this
You must have missed this I guess. :facepalm: :facepalm: back to you

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/report-rockets-ask-for-asik.html

Swashcuff
02-15-2011, 04:19 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
if you seriously think that the girz are building for a long term haul, you dont know your team. they may make a playoff run, for the next 2 years, to lose in the first round. but then they will blow it up. people in memphis dont attend games, so how do you put fair weathered fans in the seats???????

playoff appearence, then once they get their money, back to the lottery

so why trade zbo or gasol now when theyre trying to make a playoff push and are looking to trade mayo for pieces to help them win now. Doesn't make a lick of sense and considering they've already got Gay and Conley signed longterm I think that signals the commitment the team has.

fadedmario
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Detroit

Rip Hamilton
Jason Maxiell

for
Utah

AK47

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Detroit

Rip Hamilton
Jason Maxiell

for
Utah

AK47

Rip wants out and Utah is always rumored to be trading AK so it makes sense to me. Plus it seems fitting for AK47 to play in Detroit...

mttwlsn16
02-15-2011, 04:50 PM

5.Miami needs a new coach. :hide:6.Atlanta should also go after Nash. I believe this would make them a dark horse in the playoffs.

who you planning on trading eric spoelstra for? lmao

stlbest5in2013
02-15-2011, 05:20 PM
You must have missed this I guess. :facepalm: :facepalm: back to you

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/report-rockets-ask-for-asik.html

that has already been shot down, but any way :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: back to you and :facepalm::facepalm: for responding with old junk

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585764

see post 198.

also this

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587628

there ya go little buddy:facepalm:

Phenomenonsense
02-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Rip wants out and Utah is always rumored to be trading AK so it makes sense to me. Plus it seems fitting for AK47 to play in Detroit...

lol gun joke.

SACNYY
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM

i lol'd:clap:

goose15
02-15-2011, 06:11 PM
You lost me when you said jefferson should be released.

this :speechless:

CowboysKB24
02-15-2011, 09:38 PM

No team wants Ron Artest. He declined a lot from last year to this year. He is overpaid.

Why does Miami need a new coach? They are having a great year. They haven't played well against the elite teams, but they will improve. If he does get replaced, it is going to be Riley.

icej
02-16-2011, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't go as far as that guy, but isn't it evident that they need a coach that can warrant more respect from his players? I love what Spolstra has done. I think he is a terrific coach, but I think a team like the Heat, a team with a shitload of young talent and egos, could use an older coach that they would listen to more.

So far I don't see why the ego argument keeps on surfacing outside the team when none seems existing inside. People keeps imagining things about the heat. They are doing great for a 1/2 yr old team,from the looks of things Boston is the only real threat to them so far.

If Spo is going to be replaced, its most probably gonna be Riley. And I would think Riley would go give Spo the chance all the way this year at least.

I would love Steve Nash to come home to Toronto, and be successful.

Lee should be a very good complimentary player to Drose.

Magic needs to get better players at any cost or they lose D12.

Knicks should look beyond just getting Anthony if they really want to be a contender, and they are the one's who need to find a new more balanced coach if they are serious in competing against the elite teams.

Heat should upgrade in PG (most needed) Trade Mario Chalmers, Arroyo and get Kenyon Dooling. They should be enough or better on the paint once Ud returns.

Thunder need to trade for a better PF who can post and rebound, if Zbo is really on the block they should make the move.

Timberwolves should trade Rubio to China.

The Bobcats should trade Tyrus for a play maker.

Pistons should trade Hamilton for anyone, if they are not gong to use him.

Pacers should not trade any one of their youngsters, trade Foster,Dunleavy, Ford, Posey, for better options and sign their current coach to a multiple yrs contract.

Warriors should look to toughen their front court, trade for any of the Nuggets front court if they can.

Jazz should trade Williams to Lakers, to let him taste Jackson's way of discipline through media humiliation might get some air out his already large head he might also help LAL get better chance of getting the 3peat.

These are just my wish list of course.

The BodyGuard
02-16-2011, 11:19 AM
So far I don't see why the ego argument keeps on surfacing outside the team when none seems existing inside. People keeps imagining things about the heat. They are doing great for a 1/2 yr old team,from the looks of things Boston is the only real threat to them so far.

If Spo is going to be replaced, its most probably gonna be Riley. And I would think Riley would go give Spo the chance all the way this year at least.

I would love Steve Nash to come home to Toronto, and be successful.

Lee should be a very good complimentary player to Drose.

Magic needs to get better players at any cost or they lose D12.

Knicks should look beyond just getting Anthony if they really want to be a contender, and they are the one's who need to find a new more balanced coach if they are serious in competing against the elite teams.

Heat should upgrade in PG (most needed) Trade Mario Chalmers, Arroyo and get Kenyon Dooling. They should be enough or better on the paint once Ud returns.

Thunder need to trade for a better PF who can post and rebound, if Zbo is really on the block they should make the move.

Timberwolves should trade Rubio to China.

The Bobcats should trade Tyrus for a play maker.

Pistons should trade Hamilton for anyone, if they are not gong to use him.

Pacers should not trade any one of their youngsters, trade Foster,Dunleavy, Ford, Posey, for better options and sign their current coach to a multiple yrs contract.

Warriors should look to toughen their front court, trade for any of the Nuggets front court if they can.

Jazz should trade Williams to Lakers, to let him taste Jackson's way of discipline through media humiliation might get some air out his already large head he might also help LAL get better chance of getting the 3peat.

These are just my wish list of course.

If Deron Williams came to L.A then their most likely to get the 3 peat..

And about Okc getting a better PF?? Naww what they need is to start ibaka and get a center ( Nene, Gasol, Bynum )

TheDiggler
02-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice list, though I'm curious what we would recieve from LAL in a Deron Williams trade. And please NO: Ron Artest and Bynum stuff. And, no to Walton, too ... thank you ;)

Crab Dribble!
02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Nice list, though I'm curious what we would recieve from LAL in a Deron Williams trade. And please NO: Ron Artest and Bynum stuff. And, no to Walton, too ... thank you ;)

Odom, Fisher and Shannon Brown! :p:clap:;)

DaBUU
02-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Bulls need OJ Mayo (and only OJ Mayo)

LA_Raiders
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Orl needs a Big. They should go for Randolph.

The Jokemaker
02-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Orl needs a Big. They should go for Randolph.

Camby would be a more likely trade pickup than Randolph.

justinnum1
02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
courtney lee being held out of tonights game probably to prevent injury, look for him to be traded

SeoulBeatz
02-16-2011, 02:07 PM
courtney lee being held out of tonights game probably to prevent injury, look for him to be traded

wait, is that just speculation because he's being held out?

HeatBBall
02-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Jon Gruden and Herm Edwards

I'm glad to know we were talking football in the Bball forums.

justinnum1
02-16-2011, 02:20 PM
wait, is that just speculation because he's being held out?

yea, they are saying he's sick:rolleyes:, but i would bet its to protect him from getting injured

JoeyDubb23
02-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Crazy how there had been NO trades lately, Knicks need to get melo that would probably start a domino effect throughout the league.

xbrackattackx
02-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I want lakers to trade Joe Smith,Theo Ratliff,Steve Blake and a Pick for Marcus Camby and Patty Mills.

RZZZA
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM

come to Bulls