PDA

View Full Version : Knicks and Nuggets new trade

The BodyGuard
02-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Knicks get Melo and Billups
Nuggets get Gallinari, Curry, Felton, 1st rd

This is actually a fair trade for both teams.
What ya think

Is was on ESPN

DoMeFavors
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Im suprised Felton is in this. He must be angry that the team has no future plans for him. He was all ready to end his career as a Knick.

greek miami hea
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM
why would the knicks willing to sacrifice felton??he has an outstandind season

John Walls Era
02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
The 1st rounder is in 2013 so w.e. I think its fair, didnt Felton get upset with the trade talks?

lvlheaded
02-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I would do this trade in a second. Walsh is over playing his hand here. I hope Dolan goes over his head and does the deal.

CostanzaNumba0
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
isnt there already a thread for this or is it breaking news?

The BodyGuard
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Knicks

PG* Billups/ Douglas
SG* Fields/ Walker
SF* Melo/Williams
PF* Chandler/ Turiaf
C* Amare/ Mozgov

Nuggets

PG* Felton/ Lawson
SG*J.R Smith/ Afflalo
SF* Gallinari/ Williams
PF* Martin/ Harrington
C* Nene/ Anderson/ Curry

That's actually not bad for both teams

The BodyGuard
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
isnt there already a thread for this or is it breaking news?

Idk, I was watching ESPN and I thought about spreading the word

DoMeFavors
Knicks

PG* Billups/ Douglas
SG* Fields/ Walker
SF* Melo/Williams
PF* Chandler/ Turiaf
C* Amare/ Mozgov

Nuggets

PG* Felton/ Lawson
SG*J.R Smith/ Afflalo
SF* Gallinari/ Williams
PF* Martin/ Harrington
C* Nene/ Anderson/ Curry

I guess the Nuggets are going to turn into golden state

dstruong
doesn't Billups want a buy out if hes traded? This would leave the knicks without a pg

F*(&"Next Year"
02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Knicks should not move felton imo. Idk why Denver would want him anyway. Lawson is their PG of the future.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Knicks

PG* Billups/ Douglas
SG* Fields/ Walker
SF* Melo/Williams
PF* Chandler/ Turiaf
C* Amare/ Mozgov

Nuggets

PG* Felton/ Lawson
SG*J.R Smith/ Afflalo
SF* Gallinari/ Williams
PF* Martin/ Harrington
C* Nene/ Anderson/ Curry

Not for Denver

Mishmin
02-15-2011, 11:32 AM
doesn't Billups want a buy out if hes traded? This would leave the knicks without a pg

Just leaves the seat open for CP3

The BodyGuard
02-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Not for Denver

Its actually better than ending up empty

FachoinaNYY
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
why would the knicks do this... wouldnt it be better to just sign him in the offseason?

(not a knicks fan btw - just wondering)

NYM1989
02-15-2011, 12:02 PM
the Knicks shoulda jumped all over this trade

ironman9518
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
i hate the knicks FO, the nuggets FO, and melo.

Jetsguy
02-15-2011, 12:06 PM
I think this is the same report as before no? I am sure if this was true it would be a done deal that is more than fair for the Knicks

tangent12
02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I just don't see why New York should accept this..

As far as I know they can wait till the off season, sign him and still keep all of those pieces. Why take away from the team when you can just wait and not lose anything?! (Not to mention Melo apparently wants to play for the Knicks)

Gallo is not a star or anything like that but he's a solid and UNIQUE player, that's what makes him special. It's not often you get tall guys who have a nice shooting touch and can put the ball in the hole. With Felton, he's not a star either but he's a piece that fits very well with that Knicks system, it's that kind of player that shines put in the right situation. Curry well who cares about his life and a 1st round pick for Melo shouldn't be a biggie, the Knicks are not in rebuild mode anymore ... they are ready to contend.

Madtown22
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't see this happening, Nuggs are seeing what they can get away with

JordansBulls
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
What purpose do the Knicks have for Galanari if they are getting Melo here?

pd1dish
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
why would the knicks willing to sacrifice felton??he has an outstandind season

this was an offer made by the nuggets. the knicks rejected it so they probably dont want to give up felton.

i wouldnt make that trade. billups is getting too old and felton is having a pretty good year. i wouldnt want to give up galinari either. ive said this in a lot of other melo threads and i stick by it...i would wait until FA and then shoot for melo. the nuggets arent going to give him up for prospects/picks. they want value and now that melo has said that signing an extension with denver isnt out of the picture, they are probably hoping he does decide to sign that extension with them.

Rentzias
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM
As far as I know they can wait till the off season, sign him and still keep all of those pieces. Why take away from the team when you can just wait and not lose anything?! (Not to mention Melo apparently wants to play for the Knicks)

Potentially, under new CBA, max contracts will be half, yearly, of what Nuggets are offering.

KnickFanSince91
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM

As a 6th man but IMO he's expendable. He's too weak to play the 4 and too slow to guard 3's effectively. I'm not one of the knick fans on the Gallo bandwagon and wouldn't care one way or the other if he's traded. I personally feel he would be better off the bench.

Jetsguy
02-15-2011, 12:14 PM

to me none...I cant imagine this is hanging on Gallo honestly, I get D loves him but lets be serious here, I think its that extra player they want

So we would do Gallo, Felton, Curry, 1st

What we dont want is Gallo, Felton, Curry, Fields/Mozzy 1st.

Melo15
02-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Knicks should not move felton imo. Idk why Denver would want him anyway. Lawson is their PG of the future.

My guess is Denver wants him so they can turn around and deal him for another first round pick. I'm sure there are a lot of teams that would love to get their hands on Felton.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Felton is a big reason the Knicks are doing so well, and I have HUGE respect for Billups, and believe that he could fit in with the Knicks, but considering that the Knicks may very well get Melo without having to trade for him, I think giving up a young point guard that fits in and has already developed chemistry with Amare, would be a mistake.

Gallinari... sure... Curry... sure a first round pick... sure... Felton? No.

beasted86
02-15-2011, 12:18 PM

There are still lots of Knick fans who think Gallinari will eventually be better than Chandler, and that somehow he will fit next to Carmelo better than Chandler would.

I'm confused as well to be honest.

diggerbsb
02-15-2011, 12:20 PM
The only thing with waiting for free agency is with the uncertain cba looming melo could simply decide to take the 65 large from Denver and stay. Since he didn't do that in July or any of the months leading up to now one can only assume its his last choice.

Heater4life
02-15-2011, 12:23 PM
I just don't see why New York should accept this..

Several reasons

A) They could just sign him in the off-season; thats making the assumption that he would sign. You never know what Melo's thinking, you dont know how badly the CBA is going to affect his next contract, and you dont know what moves other teams might make (either aquiring him directly and convincing him to extend, or making moves to have cap space to aquire him)

B) If they do aquire him, New York is able to let go of some depth at the wings, which they have plenty of. Last thing any team would want is too many assets tied up to one position when other needs can be addressed. Would you really want Anothny, Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Fields all collecting pay checks when your team might need PG help?

C) Why wait for tommorow, if you can aquire Anthony today? The whole point is to get him on your team, who cares how you do it. Role players are a dime a dozen. Elite players are not.

He115ing
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
link please

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
There are still lots of Knick fans who think Gallinari will eventually be better than Chandler, and that somehow he will fit next to Carmelo better than Chandler would.

he's already better than Chandler. He's not a superstar but lets not act like he's a scrub either. The kid averages 16 ppg on only 10 shot attempts per game, I mean thats INSANE! When he matures and gets the ball more to say 13-14 shots a game he will be a 20ppg scorer that gets to the line at will and shoots 90%.

People forget he's only 22 and this is really only his second season since he missed most of his rookie year.

Lindystud36
02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Let Denver keep Billups
Substitute gallo for chandler
Add another pick
Make the trade
Make the trade

NYKalltheway
02-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Wait till tomorrow, they'll come up with a new "plan"

hovyboo
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I like this trade better,

Knicks get: Melo, Billups

Nuggets get: Felton, Chandler, Mosgov, Randolph and a 1st rounder...

Trade works in trade machine...

Explain why Knicks or even Nuggets aren't pushing for this?!?

pd1dish
link please

try the front page of PSD

Sadds The Gr8
if i was Denver i'd rather have Chandler than Gallinari. I like Chandler better

dstruong
wow the knicks should do this deal. there is a huge chance denver gets him to sign that extension if the knicks don't trade for him. Why not take the certainty that melo will be a knick for at least the next 4 years instead of hoping to sign him in free agency.

Also why are all of you fighting for felton when he is a 2 year plan till paul/dwill become available?

beasted86
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
he's already better than Chandler. He's not a superstar but lets not act like he's a scrub either. The kid averages 16 ppg on only 10 shot attempts per game, I mean thats INSANE! When he matures and gets the ball more to say 13-14 shots a game he will be a 20ppg scorer that gets to the line at will and shoots 90%.

People forget he's only 22 and this is really only his second season since he missed most of his rookie year.

Well like I said in the other thread, I know the Knick fan base is still split on who is better.

I for one as an outsider think it's pretty obvious. Chandler is averaging more PPG, more RPG, and has a higher FG%, and 3PT%, and is a better defender, and can actually play the SG position next to Carmelo while Gallo can't.

But hey, it's not my team.... I'll let you guys praise or crucify management based on their decision on who to keep, but just giving my opinion on what I think makes a lot more sense.

hovyboo
02-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Plus 2 years of Billups is better than 2 years of Felton... Chauncey is a great PG even at his age....

champ101695
02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
i think keep felton drop fields... felton a great FA pick up.
and find someone else they want. Billups does want bought out IF traded.

Lo Porto
02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
NY should turn away from Melo and go after Deron because NY is on Deron's shortlist for 2012 anyway.

Warriors get Felton and Al Jefferson
Knicks get Deron and R Williams
Jazz get Steph Curry, Udoh, Gallinari, Randolph, Admundson, Gadzurik and a 1st from NY and GS
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4755q36

NY says screw it and waits for Melo to come next summer. If Melo wants to win AND be in NY, how could he say no to taking a little pay cut to play with Deron, Fields, Chandler, and Amare in MSG?

THE GIPPER
02-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Denver should ask for AR4 instead of mozzy imo

He115ing
02-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Whoever started this thread wrote Felton, Gallo, Curry and 1st round pick for Melo and Billups
The Nuggets asked for Felton, Gallo, another starter, curry and 1st round pick
I am asking for the link to the Felton, gallo, Curry, 1st trade if its even legit

bowdown27
02-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I love my knicks but this could have been done with and finally melo would have been a knick. I like felton and gallo but you get another expiring contract in billups and a clutch player in billups. It's just a big game of chicken at this point

Lo Porto
02-15-2011, 01:48 PM
If Utah is shopping Deron, would it be possible for the Knicks to get Deron AND Melo?

What about:
NY gets Deron and Melo
Nuggets get Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Randolph (or pick for Randolph), Eddy Curry and a future first
Jazz get Gallinari, Felton, Turiaf, and a future first

I know this is a pipe dream, but I think Denver and Utah come out okay in these deals, and I'm not a NY fan.

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 02:01 PM
If Utah is shopping Deron, would it be possible for the Knicks to get Deron AND Melo?

What about:
NY gets Deron and Melo
Nuggets get Chandler, Fields, Douglas, Randolph (or pick for Randolph), Eddy Curry and a future first
Jazz get Gallinari, Felton, Turiaf, and a future first

I know this is a pipe dream, but I think Denver and Utah come out okay in these deals, and I'm not a NY fan.

Interesting idea but here's why that doesn't happen, the Knicks would be trading 8 (EIGHT!) players.

Meatmypet
02-15-2011, 02:13 PM

Bench. We have like lowest scoring bench. Lol

AddiX
02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Get rid of over-rated Gallo and his feminine ways and bring in the best scorer in the NBA, get this deal done. No one is more tired of seeing Gallo throw his hands up and swing his arms around like a little girl every time he meets at contact than I am.

I'm warning all the non-Knick posters, the Defense of Gallo Coalition is going to light this thread up with there Gallo loving ways.

mudvayne387
02-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Get rid of over-rated Gallo and his feminine ways and bring in the best scorer in the NBA, get this deal done. No one is more tired of seeing Gallo throw his hands up and swing his arms around like a little girl every time he meets at contact than I am.

I'm warning all the non-Knick posters, the Defense of Gallo Coalition is going to light this thread up with there Gallo loving ways.

I agree. It's disgusting how much us Knick fans overrate Gallo.

justinnum1
02-15-2011, 02:21 PM

I hope gallo is not holding up this deal...

Da Knicks
02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I agree. It's disgusting how much us Knick fans overrate Gallo.

Gallo is good, i wish we could keep him in any deal.:p

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Interesting idea but here's why that doesn't happen, the Knicks would be trading 8 (EIGHT!) players.

haha but I'd do it in a heartbeat, sign Earl Barron and a few other d-leaguers and add pieces through draft and vet-mins like MIA did.

mjt20mik
02-15-2011, 02:35 PM
I honestly would do it. You get an expiring in Billups, the year that CP3 and Dwill are on the market.

Amare, Melo & Paul / Williams. That's just epic!

johnnychan
02-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah I do this one if im the Knicks, you dont get a chance at a superstar that often. Sucks to part ways with Felton, but like other said D-Will and Cp3 are going to be coming off the books. And i gurantee they pick one of em up.

Savage Sunday
02-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I honestly would do it. You get an expiring in Billups, the year that CP3 and Dwill are on the market.

Amare, Melo & Paul / Williams. That's just epic!

Yeah I do this one if im the Knicks, you dont get a chance at a superstar that often. Sucks to part ways with Felton, but like other said D-Will and Cp3 are going to be coming off the books. And i gurantee they pick one of em up.

Have you guys forgotten that Billups has a Team Option for the 2011-2012 season. I doubt New York is going to pick that up.

Billups signing for a 1 year deal works better in the Knicks' favor.

Savage Sunday
02-15-2011, 02:45 PM
haha but I'd do it in a heartbeat, sign Earl Barron and a few other d-leaguers and add pieces through draft and vet-mins like MIA did.

Thats working great for Miami. :rolleyes:

scrubs like Dampier, Big Z, Arroyo, Howard, Chalmers, etc are really going to be great in the Playoffs.

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Thats working great for Miami. :rolleyes:

scrubs like Dampier, Big Z, Arroyo, Howard, Chalmers, etc are really going to be great in the Playoffs.

it really is, what are they 36-15 and they've been without Haslem & Miller... they are going to be a serious problem in this league for the next 6 years at least.

Giraffes Rule
02-15-2011, 02:54 PM
As long as Billups backs off his demands of a buyout I'd do that. Even if he still wants one, they don't have to give it to him.

Cool007
02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Im suprised Felton is in this. He must be angry that the team has no future plans for him. He was all ready to end his career as a Knick.

I think Knicks are eyeing CP3/Deron in 2 years.

I think it's fair for both teams.

WPG_LAF_DR#1
02-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Knicks

PG* Billups/ Douglas
SG* Fields/ Walker
SF* Melo/Williams
PF* Chandler/ Turiaf
C* Amare/ Mozgov

Nuggets

PG* Felton/ Lawson
SG*J.R Smith/ Afflalo
SF* Gallinari/ Williams
PF* Martin/ Harrington
C* Nene/ Anderson/ Curry

Melo&Billups>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Felton/Gallo

Knickrocketsfan
02-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Melo&Billups>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Felton/Gallo

come on man Melo alone is> than felton and gallo. So you proved nothing

Ty Fast
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
denver gets screwed, but they are going to no matter what.

thekmp211
02-15-2011, 03:18 PM
felton, gallo, chandler, curry, 1st rounder for melo and billups. hmm.

i think chauncey is an upgrade, but felton is young. he has come back down to earth after a hot start but i think he could be a nice 3rd-ish type guy. three starters for two, chandler is expendable with melo, gallo is a little overrated imo...i think i do this. especially if there is a realistic possibility of acquiring dwill or paul in a couple seasons.

billups/douglas/rautins
fields/walker/rautins
melo/williams
amare/randolph
turiaf/mozgov

worth it?

Flash3
02-15-2011, 03:20 PM
why would the knicks do this... wouldnt it be better to just sign him in the offseason?

(not a knicks fan btw - just wondering)

i dont think mello wants to give up the money so if the knicks dont trade for him he just might resign with the nuggets ( he said he would take a long look at them)

Mudvayne91
02-15-2011, 03:24 PM
I want Mozgov part of a deal

Knickrocketsfan
02-15-2011, 03:38 PM
I want Mozgov part of a deal

yes we heard you in the nuggets forum

bigbrians
02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
The Knicks need to do this even though I don't like the idea of trading 3 starters I would make Wilson Chandler the 3rd starter.Billups,Fields,Anthony,Stoudemire,and Mozgov or Turiaf.They have a better change to win more games.

StevenU2009
02-15-2011, 03:59 PM
As a (long suffering) Knick fan I absolutely HATE this trade for a number of reasons.
Carmelo is inarguably a very good-maybe even a great-player.
Still, he has only one above average skill: scoring. That happens to be Amare's best skill as well, and Amar'e is a more efficient scorer. Amar'e is also a very good leader and has been a pleasant surprise in this underrated aspect of winning. Part of how that's worked so well is because he is the unquestioned leader of the team and the rest of the guys are all happy/content to be his little brothers. It's a nice mix and a decent team
If they add Melo the pecking order becomes unclear. More importantly, he does not elevate them above being the 6th best team in the east this season
All that aside the biggest problem with this proposed deal from a Knick perspective is quite simple: It has taken years to get a decent PG in place. PG is either the 1st or 2nd most important-and most difficult position to fill. Billups was excellent but he is several years removed from his prime. Felton is just entering his.
The Knicks, flawed though they are-are a decent team, fun to watch for the first time in years, and if they absolutely positively must have melo, they can wait till the end of the year and the team will be greatly improved by not losing half of it now.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bucs4eva
02-15-2011, 04:08 PM
If the Knicks trade Felton they are dumb. period.

jeter4president
02-15-2011, 04:08 PM
IMO you do whatever needs to be done in the NBA to get superstars. Not doing a Melo trade because you are worried about giving up Raymond Felton is ridiculous (no offense Raymond.) He's a good player, but hell DiAntoni's system made Chris Duhon look like a good player.

Do the deal, NY.

StevenU2009
02-15-2011, 04:16 PM
@ Jeter you must not nbe a Knick fan: Duhon looked HORRIBLE and pathetic in his strint as Dantonis guy. How can you say he looked good? What games were you watching?
Fans love superstars, but just how much has Denver won with Melo?
he is overrated...a "volume shooter"..a below average defender and passer.
I am not trying to knock him-but he does not provide any of what this team really lacks-aside from the superstar status/image
Which, by the way, doesn't actually win games-except every once in a while when it get's you a supserstar call from the refs
Didja see that game where he just scored 50?
They lost!
I am so glad you are not GM and I hope Walsh holds his ground.
Melo in exchange for Curry, Randolph and Chandler is fine; anything more is a rip off.

THE MTL
02-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Knicks fans just have a particular affection for Gallinari. Thats really what it is.
I personally think its a FAIR deal as constructed as it is now. However, the third starter thing is TOO MUCH!

CostanzaNumba0
02-15-2011, 04:49 PM
@ Jeter you must not nbe a Knick fan: Duhon looked HORRIBLE and pathetic in his strint as Dantonis guy. How can you say he looked good? What games were you watching?
I am not trying to knock him-but he does not provide any of what this team really lacks-aside from the superstar status/image
Which, by the way, doesn't actually win games-except every once in a while when it get's you a supserstar call from the refs
They lost!
Melo in exchange for Curry, Randolph and Chandler is fine; anything more is a rip off.

In the beginning duhon looked great, his flaws were exposed as time went on

BrewPackBuckfan
02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Wow if i were the nuggets i would not accept that. The Knicks will bite when it comes closer to the trade deadline i hope the nuggets stay strong and dont give in that is a horse sh1t of a trade. Honestly the knicks do not think they should have to give up young talent to get an already young superstar who is going to be great for many years to come.

VillaMaravilla
02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
They lost!

You make ni sense what so ever, what have we won with Gallo and Will in the past couple of years niether one ever said a peep when we were losing game after game which shows their leadership qualities and you say all Melo does is score what the heck does Gallo do he's one of the worst rebounders in the league his defense is below avg and is shooting 35% from 3 yeah I can see how we are giving.up to much and Felton plz before this year he was nothing special who has recently come right back to down to earth I'm not even going to bother wasting my time on Will that mentally soft player.....Let's go Dolan bring Melo home

iggypop123
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
getting billups is useless since the good part about getting him is you can cut him after this year but with all the money they have they cant use it cause the free agents aka paul or howard wont be available until 2012

twoearl
02-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Knicks get Melo and Billups
Nuggets get Gallinari, Curry, Felton, 1st rd

This is actually a fair trade for both teams.
What ya think

Is was on ESPN

This trade makes too much sense so that means it will not get done. NBA execs don't like fair trades for some reason...

Savage Sunday
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
it really is, what are they 36-15 and they've been without Haslem & Miller... they are going to be a serious problem in this league for the next 6 years at least.

Whatever you say.

thekmp211
02-15-2011, 05:00 PM
FWIW, melo seems to be getting underrated a bit. his best teams have gotten pretty darn close to the finals, when healthy. he makes the knicks a lot better, there's no doubt about it.

Mudvayne91
02-15-2011, 05:12 PM
yes we heard you in the nuggets forum

ok, so when you post something in your team's forum, you're not allowed to post it in the general NBA forum too.....?

StevenU2009
02-15-2011, 05:13 PM
@Costanza Duhon was and is what he has always been: A an average career journeyman back up-nothing more-nothing less-he barely gets off the pine now that he's on a decent team and I saw e very single Knick game for many years and I never thought he looked good as a starter-at all.
(p.s what is it with these Yankee fans???)

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 05:22 PM
right?!!! bynum was goin to be traded for melo too remember? this is dumb bad trade for both teams ty is the future in denver and billups is not gonna penetrate and kick to make this team got the way felton can......this rumor is bull

Savage Sunday
02-15-2011, 05:26 PM
FWIW, melo seems to be getting underrated a bit. his best teams have gotten pretty darn close to the finals, when healthy. he makes the knicks a lot better, there's no doubt about it.

Agreed.

My only concern is if Melo & Amare together can handle the pressure in New York when they get to the Playoffs. Neither guy has been known as an "Alpha male" so to speak in terms of leading a team to the Finals. Maybe they will excel with having each other to depend on.

Billups needs to be trade bait. If they can flip Billups into acquiring Andre Miller & Marcus Camby(both guys expire in 2012), they will have a shot at a Title this season.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4tcakxd

I remember seeing Portland values Anthony Randolph highly.

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
You make ni sense what so ever, what have we won with Gallo and Will in the past couple of years niether one ever said a peep when we were losing game after game which shows their leadership qualities and you say all Melo does is score what the heck does Gallo do he's one of the worst rebounders in the league his defense is below avg and is shooting 35% from 3 yeah I can see how we are giving.up to much and Felton plz before this year he was nothing special who has recently come right back to down to earth I'm not even going to bother wasting my time on Will that mentally soft player.....Let's go Dolan bring Melo home

wow your the exact reason why the knicks are doin there best to compete with the clippers for worst franchises of the decade! your comparing a hall o famer to two young complementary players? u make no sense wilson and gallo were never the best players on there respective teams so how would they do anything?u need one of them to build a team around n thats galo hes got the upside no they will never be the stars but theyll be solid.....galo is learning ...dirk wasnt good when he started out either...in fact early on he was worse .....hey have you seen dwight howard lately?hes got a post up game and a bank shot? how long has he been in the league.....it took him how long to refine his game to this level? billups is not a high assist guy and hes not gonna step in and do it like felton does he cant penetrate and kick the same way....do you see what the knicks turn into when tony douglas steps on the court?you and james dolan are mentally soft in the head if you want this trade to go down espn is just kickin the ish just like the bynum story why do all this and u can sign him in the offseason and get rid of these players in the offseason for real pieces that fit the team because regardless gallo plays small forward wilson too and so does melo someones gotta go! fields too!

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Agreed.

My only concern is if Melo & Amare together can handle the pressure in New York when they get to the Playoffs. Neither guy has been known as an "Alpha male" so to speak in terms of leading a team to the Finals. Maybe they will excel with having each other to depend on.

Billups needs to be trade bait. If they can flip Billups into acquiring Andre Miller & Marcus Camby(both guys expire in 2012), they will have a shot at a Title this season.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4tcakxd

I remember seeing Portland values Anthony Randolph highly.

like the way you think andre miller in that system is a way better fit then billups that i would do for the b.s espn report! because no matter which way you shake it galo melo and will play the same position.....and we need defense around melo and stoudamire because both are not the greatest defenders especially stoudamire yeah he blocks shots but his one on one defense is painful to watch....elton brand kills him?!!and hes always talkin the talk but walk the walk by startin to move your feet on defense as quick as you do on offense....we need a camby marc gasol type though.... thats why i like mosgov hes not in that category but he glues things up and changes shots if he could just stay out o foul trouble....maybe if he learned more english he wouldnt be so bad at fouling people because the guys woudl be able to communicate on d

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 05:47 PM
@Costanza Duhon was and is what he has always been: A an average career journeyman back up-nothing more-nothing less-he barely gets off the pine now that he's on a decent team and I saw e very single Knick game for many years and I never thought he looked good as a starter-at all.
(p.s what is it with these Yankee fans???)

uh i watched every single knick game too and duhon was the man if he could just knock down 2 to three open shots a game ....hed just circle and circle and circle some more around the court till he found someone open..... we need that type o player off the bench man id rather duhon then that bum of a point guard toney douglas....he gives us no penetration man its just pick and roll and if nothings there the threes fly!!!...oh and the yankees are beasts baby!!!lol old and still kickin

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Whatever you say.

i just wanna know whos under contract for 6 years..how there gonna get past the celtics and didnt lebron already admit to makin a mistake bout things?the way things are goin man d rose and those bulls are gonna be the cream o the east after the celtics get too old....and im a knick fan! i really thought there was like an n.b.a cheat goin on in the nba when those 3 got together n now im just glad it didnt happen on the knicks

StevenU2009
02-15-2011, 06:52 PM
@nyt-If you are saying Duhon is a superior back up PG to Toney Douglass we agree. TD has some great stretches on defense, hits a couple of shots once in a while-but is a lousy offensive player, and as a playmaker? Abyssmal.
Just please don't say that Duhon was good with the Knicks. Yes, he is a decent passer but the problem was he did not hit a couple of shots-he is a horrible low percentage shooter, not a great penetrator and was quite possibly one of the worst starters in the entire league at any position

StevenU2009
02-15-2011, 07:01 PM
@Villamarva: "We" haven't won anything-and oh, by the way, neither has Melo.
I never said Gallinari was a star-or as good as melo. Nor did I say that Chandler was. Neither is even close. That's not the issue here-at all.
The question is: Is Carmelo Anthony a great enough player and a big enough winner-to give up half of a .500 team that's young and has upside? i would say-no and no.
Honestly, as flawed as Gallo is, he IS more efficient...and younger...and a lot cheaper. Chandler is a nice complimentary piece on a good team as well. So is Fields. So is Felton. Hell, I believe Anthony Randolph has tremendous potential and is too young to give up on.
I would still understand and easily accept giving up Chandler, Curry and AR-but to give up Fields and Gallo let alone Felton really does not make sense.
Does ANYONE think Billups can run this offense? And, even if he could...for how long?
My point was and is pretty simple:
PG is a very hard position to fill-much more so than a scoring wing player. Felton is a good player, his game is still improving, he is smart, tough, and he defends well and he is many years younger than Billups.
I grant that Fields/Gallo and Chandler are all a big step below Melo. I just do not think you trade half a team for one guy that is not LeBron, Mike or Shaq-and Melo is not.

Gambeezy
02-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I would pull the trigger if I were the Nuggets. They won't get a better offer than this and Melo is as good as gone when that trade deadline passes.

Seriously, pull the trigger. You'd be stupid to watch your star walk like the Raps and Cavs did. Melo has shown obvious signs that he's leaving. Make the trade.

Edit: Apparently the Knicks aren't interested in the pieces involved. I thought they were giving up too much anyways for a player they can sign in the off-season

richiesaurus310
02-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I dont get why the knicks or nets just dont wait until the offseason, neither one can beat the heat, celtics, or magic right now even with melo. That's why I think a Lakers or Clippers trade makes way more sense as a rental. But yea the Nuggets aren't gonna get a better deal than this unless they can get bynum from the lakers.

Flash3
02-15-2011, 07:28 PM
If the Knicks trade Felton they are dumb. period.

cause felton > mello right :rolleyes:

knicks4life33
02-15-2011, 09:56 PM
lets get this doneeeeeeeeeeeeee

valade16
02-15-2011, 10:18 PM
cause felton > mello right :rolleyes:

Because the deal was Melo for Felton straight up right :rolleyes:

ElMarroAfamado
02-15-2011, 10:30 PM
No. This is a horrible trade and the nuggets are idiots. I think its safe to say everyone hopes that Melo just walks away and they get nothing

Gambeezy
02-15-2011, 10:50 PM
No. This is a horrible trade and the nuggets are idiots. I think its safe to say everyone hopes that Melo just walks away and they get nothing

Is it safe to say? Seems like many Knicks fans in here are prepared to pull the trigger. Maybe because if they get Melo now they could possibly make a play-off push instead of waiting for him next year.

TRUTH-TELLER
02-15-2011, 10:59 PM
nuggets are gonan be @zzed out...and melo is gonna walk at the end of the season

Legitimate
02-15-2011, 11:09 PM
This has to be one of the most lopsided trades I have ever seen, sucks to be Denver haha

Legitimate
02-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Thats just like trading Melo and Billups for Felton straight across, Galinarri is a scrub man and that fat Eddy Curry hasn't played basketball in over 3 years com'on man don't even act like this is a good trade haha, get serious.

numba1CHANGsta
02-15-2011, 11:11 PM
the Nuggets will never do it

Billups>>>Felton
Melo>>>>>>Gallo
Curry and the first round pick are worthless IMO, so this trade is not even, Fields or Chandler need to be included. I would think they will end up including Chandler, so Fields will stay.

Legitimate
02-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Felton is over rated, he's numbers just look better because he's playing in a Mike Dantoni's offense, look at David Lee he was all star under Mike and everyone knew Lee didn't deserve to be all star. No way I trade Melo and Billups for Felton, this would be rape on a thousand counts had this trade go through. Galinari sucks, hell i wouldn't even want that dude on my team even if it was for free.

Knicks21
02-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Billups > Felton.

Legitimate
02-15-2011, 11:19 PM
It's really sad for the NBA to turn out like this, the super market nba teams pratically get any player they want and they give up little in return. Such low ball offers it's just pathetic, this trade offer makes me wanna vomit, anyone who thinks this is a decent trade needs to get their head checked imo.

Legitimate
02-15-2011, 11:23 PM
wow I thought that trading away your superstar would help your team if you got okay pieces in return, but making it worser just doesn't make sense.

nytillidie
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
@Villamarva: "We" haven't won anything-and oh, by the way, neither has Melo.
I never said Gallinari was a star-or as good as melo. Nor did I say that Chandler was. Neither is even close. That's not the issue here-at all.
The question is: Is Carmelo Anthony a great enough player and a big enough winner-to give up half of a .500 team that's young and has upside? i would say-no and no.
Honestly, as flawed as Gallo is, he IS more efficient...and younger...and a lot cheaper. Chandler is a nice complimentary piece on a good team as well. So is Fields. So is Felton. Hell, I believe Anthony Randolph has tremendous potential and is too young to give up on.
I would still understand and easily accept giving up Chandler, Curry and AR-but to give up Fields and Gallo let alone Felton really does not make sense.
Does ANYONE think Billups can run this offense? And, even if he could...for how long?
My point was and is pretty simple:
PG is a very hard position to fill-much more so than a scoring wing player. Felton is a good player, his game is still improving, he is smart, tough, and he defends well and he is many years younger than Billups.
I grant that Fields/Gallo and Chandler are all a big step below Melo. I just do not think you trade half a team for one guy that is not LeBron, Mike or Shaq-and Melo is not.

agreed and i wasnt saying if rather have duhon as my starter nor was he a good starter at that im just sayin at least hed dribble into the paint .....go baseline......circle circle and hit a cutter or two toney just ugh!!!! can we play anthony carter now i mean i beg you?hes a duhon type i hate it when they praise douglas for his 20 point skewed games he had no assists still he was hot made a couple...can we trade him please? and as far as mr big shot wow did amare look like he needed a friend.....or his bud felton back im scared o this show but then again we did get off to that 3-8 start where we looked like donkey balls too i mean i just cant see billups penetrating and makin his teammates better i just see him as toney douglas with a wayyyyy higher basketball i.q wish i were the gm id surround these guys with tyson chandlers and Luc Richard Mbah a Moutes ronny brewers and maybe a tj ford or someone low budget to get in there and do the dirty work but thats just me lets see what donny does

NYKSpiritBomb
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
chauncey billups>raymond felton