PDA

View Full Version : Knicks reject Nuggets offer Monday night

bklynny67
02-15-2011, 06:15 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2011/02/15/2011-02-15_carmelo_anthony_available_but_knicks_balk_at_re quest_for_gallinari_felton_starte.html

posted about 20 mins ago. Knicks reject offer of Felton, Gallinari, and another starter for Melo and Billups. i'm assuming the other starter is Fields.

i think this is new thread worthy... pretty big news. they could have just sealed the deal and ended all this drama.

lilojmayo
02-15-2011, 06:17 AM
You have got to be kidding me. What is wrong with the Knicks front office seriously. GET MELO TO NY AT ALL COST. Felton is just a system player.

bklynny67
02-15-2011, 06:29 AM
You have got to be kidding me. What is wrong with the Knicks front office seriously. GET MELO TO NY AT ALL COST. Felton is just a system player.

agreed. maybe i'd ask for Nene too. if they say no then ask for Afflalo too since they are getting 3 of our starters, plus its Gallo instead of Chandler. but in the end, if the Knicks accept this offer, i think they are clearly an improved team. then just gotta add a couple more pieces over the next couple yrs to build a title contender.

ggb108
02-15-2011, 06:34 AM
wait, now i just clicked on it and i see it. still, we have time yet, all is not lost.

bklynny67
02-15-2011, 06:36 AM
i just clicked on the link and it says "Web page vanished." maybe they printed the story before checking the sources, so i wouldn't be too concerned. plus, we still have a week and a half to get something done, their is going to be some give and take.

i noticed that too... but now it seems to be working again.... try just googling Carmelo Anthony. its the first link from there. thats how i found it.

bklynny67
02-15-2011, 06:38 AM
i hope they accept

ggb108
02-15-2011, 06:44 AM
i wonder if the 3rd starter is fields or mozgov. the article doesn't say. i really don't mind giving up felton if we get billups back. i know billups is 34, but at least we get a reliable starter back who can hit a big shot if needed. i like felton, but i would sacrifice him for melo knowing we could either groom a PG from the next draft (hopefully) or land one after next season.

Bulls_fan90
02-15-2011, 06:46 AM
So what the **** is this thread about?
First you say New York reject the offer, now you're saying they haven't?

Knicks21
02-15-2011, 06:47 AM
I like the idea, i want us to get him now. I cant wait to gamble in free agency.

Knicks21
02-15-2011, 06:49 AM
At least we know that the deal is there, we will try to do what the Nuggets did to the Nets, bargain for the best possible price. After all, the two parties are having a meeting on all star weekend.

knicks20
02-15-2011, 06:53 AM
i hope both sides are just sleeping on it

NYY09
02-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Good news is that they're going back and forth, like any negotiation, but giving up Felton, Gallo, and Fields along with keeping Chandler doesnt make sense on many levels. Unless of course you package Chandler, Curry and AR for a big...

ggb108
02-15-2011, 06:58 AM
the 3rd starter could be chandler too. i thought the one interesting bit of that article is that it states dolan could override his front office and accept the deal. i hope he doesn't do that, as that could lead walsh right out the door regardless if he receives that extension or not. i realize its getting to crunch time, but we can't give up every young guy on this team. hopefully we throw buike in there last minute for savings, and we keep one of those young pieces.

Badluck33
02-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Yawn.

wake me up when this is over.

save the knicks
02-15-2011, 07:37 AM
It was probably Mozgov.

Felton-Billups-Mozgov.

Why would they want fields? They already have Afflalo

ChiSox219
02-15-2011, 07:40 AM
It was probably Mozgov.

Felton-Billups-Mozgov.

Why would they want Felton? They already have Lawson.

203 Uconn LaL
02-15-2011, 07:40 AM
I would accept this if we were down to the last minute. But they got time. Why would Denver want felon they already have Ty Lawson?

save the knicks
02-15-2011, 07:45 AM
I would accept this if we were down to the last minute. But they got time. Why would Denver want felon they already have Ty Lawson?

Maybe they are looking for that Tar Heal connection?

YoungOne
02-15-2011, 08:01 AM
It was probably Mozgov.

Felton-Billups-Mozgov.

maybe they want fields to play the three

TheDiggler
02-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Gambling-move by the KNICKS. They just want to set Denver under pressure, because Deadline is getting closer. I was a bit surprised Billups and Felton are in there, only one pick, and not Fields. Though, from a Knicks view:

Billups
Chandler
Anthony
Stoudemire
Turiaf

is not that bad. Billups is nothing for the future though, he's still elite IMO. This deal could (!) make the Knicks a blackhorse for the playoffs, but ... I'm not sure how good that deal is for longterm. A Pick, Gallo, Felton ... they would give up a lot future.

RedRicanoBx
02-15-2011, 08:09 AM
They are demanding players of value plain and simple... Even If they have no use for them, they can be used as trading pieces later down the line... They are nuts trying to gut our team for a player who will not sign with you, don't be mad he wanna Come to ny lol... But I think it's too much they are asking for, all you guys saying just do it uh noo so what would be our team ??? Melo amare ?? And ? No bodies, I don't want to be another Miami I want to be stacked with options we waited to long and been thru too much to start all over

Knickrocketsfan
02-15-2011, 08:10 AM
I guess silence over the weekend was a good thing. I dnt see donnie trading gallo easily so we might be going down to the wire

Yunqn
02-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Maybe they are looking for that Tar Heal connection?

they wouldnt keep felton.. he's too old enough for them to go young with.. they can def. use him as a trading chip..and thats the whole point..
and if they get fields.. then they will be moving jr soon..or even use fields as another trading chip..

you guys wont be bad at all.. because if you thought about it.. getting billups leaves you guys with a legit shot to go for paul or williams..but that depends on chandler's price tag..

new york should have done this deal.. chandler is better than gallo and denver just doesnt want to pay chandler a new contract at this time.. thats why they rather have a lesser talent in gallo..so you guys still have plenty of talent left by keeping chandler and getting billups whos almost just as good as felton is in that system for a year or 2..

millerandco
02-15-2011, 08:44 AM
the only thing i dont like is giving up fields

bedford1829
02-15-2011, 08:52 AM
NY daily news is reporting that despite the fact the Donnie Walsh and Dantoni have objected to the offer, Dolan may over Rule them and do a deal

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 09:01 AM
ESPN is reporting the owner of the Knicks James Dolan is gonna force Walsh to make the deal.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 09:04 AM
Then hes gonna take all the credit and tell everyone Isiah told him to do it. Fire Walsh and rehire Zeke

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Of course they rejected it! The Nuggets might as well ask for Amare while they're at it!

That said, I'm still not sure why anybody would want Gallinari? I'm sorry, but I'm just not impressed with him so far. He may prove me wrong, but I just dont think he's a legit starting center (of course, Jordan did win three titles with that Longley at C, so anything is possible with the right pieces).

Unless they are going to throw one of their bigs along with Carmelo, there is no way they should get that much back in return.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Dolan is going over Walsh's head. I think confirmation is gonna come in the next 12 hours.

Gallo/Felton/Curry+ either Fields or Mozgov+1st

For

Melo and Billups

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Of course they rejected it! The Nuggets might as well ask for Amare while they're at it!

That said, I'm still not sure why anybody would want Gallinari? I'm sorry, but I'm just not impressed with him so far. He may prove me wrong, but I just dont think he's a legit starting center (of course, Jordan did win three titles with that Longley at C, so anything is possible with the right pieces).

Unless they are going to throw one of their bigs along with Carmelo, there is no way they should get that much back in return.

Gallinari isnt a center hes a 22 yr old 6'10 SF.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-15-2011, 09:15 AM

:facepalm: @ the legit starting center... He's a small forward !
Watch some knick games bro. No disrespect but that was a ludicrous comment

Knickrocketsfan
02-15-2011, 09:17 AM
the NBA fourm cracks me up lol. Gallo a center smh

RedRicanoBx
02-15-2011, 09:32 AM

Lmao center who is a 3 pt beast u must not know NBA cause no matter who your a fan of idc if it's wnba u have to know gallo and what he does

(I forgot who had that sig with Donnie saying "cmon sonnnn")

Lol haha

TheDiggler
02-15-2011, 09:38 AM
:laugh: He's a beast from the 3 for a center. Needs do bully up a little. But, hey ... he get's lots of good passes from their starting PG Eddy Curry, not ? :laugh:

JOSKOMANG4
02-15-2011, 09:39 AM
I heard on WFAN this morning.. the proposed deal was..

-T'Wolves acquire PF A.Randolph

- Knicks acquire SF Melo & PG C.Billups

- Nuggets acquire C T.Mosgov, PG R.Felton, PF/SF Gallo, & 2011 1st rd pick(Jazz pick v/T'Wolves).

Knicks lineup:

C) Turiaf/Barron(signed)
PF) Amare/S.Williams
SF) Melo/Chandler(6th man)/Azubuike
SG) Fields/Walker/Rautins
PG) Billups/Douglass

Nuggets lineup: *Waive Kenyon Martin during waiver/release wire.

C) Mosgov/Anderson/ELy
PF) Nene/Harrington(6th man)/S.Williams
SF) Gallo/Balkman/Forbes
SG) JR Smith/Affalo
PG) Lawson/Felton/Carter

jonline87
02-15-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm not sure if you fully realize what you just did, but basically, because you've clearly never or barely seen the Knicks play (since you called Gallo a C), all you could do is judge Gallo based on height and the fact that he's white. Hence, the Longley comparison. So because he's white, you're not overly impressed.

JordansBulls
02-15-2011, 09:46 AM

This.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Gallinari scores 20 pts in his sleep while only putting together 1 consistent half of basketball. When he does play aggressive hes one of thebest at drawing fouls and hes around the top in the league in FT% around 90%.

When this kid puts his 3ball with a consistent drive to the rim and he does it for a whole game hes gonna be a 25 a game scorer.

Khalifa21
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
If the deal is Gallo/Felton/Mozgov/1st rounder (from the T'Wolves for Randolph) for Melo/Billups this needs to be done. Dolan needs to override Walsh and get this done before the all-star break.

Billups is better than Felton in the short term and I highly doubt his team option will be picked up at the end of the season so it's not a bad deal financially... He also provides a ton of playoff experience and is one of the best defenders at his position.

PG: Chauncey Billups/Toney Douglas
SG: Landry Fields/Wilson Chandler
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Bill Walker
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire/Shawne Williams
C: Ronny Turiaf/FA signing (Earl Barron?)

29$JerZ
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
This.

It's not about Felton, its about Gallo and most likely Mozgov who is our only height advantage on this team.

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 10:04 AM
It's not about Felton, its about Gallo and most likely Mozgov who is our only height advantage on this team.

I think this too. I've heard Dantoni loves Gallo so I doubt he'll be part of any deal if they can help it. Interesting to see how this deal will play out.

Jetsguy
02-15-2011, 10:05 AM
As a Knick fan I refuse to believe this is the actual deal on the table Felton/Gallo/Mozzy/1st. The reason being because it is not a done deal yet and if they actually dont take this deal it is rediculous.

sintaks12
02-15-2011, 10:10 AM

Barron will be signed. He better be because Turiaf is hurt, which means we won't have a legit center.

wa77ss
02-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Ya I wasn't all that impressed with Gallo till I saw a Knick game, the dude is nasssty. Dunks it on anyone whos in the way, stroke the 3 ball with confidence. Very high energy player. Id try my best to keep him if I were NYK.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
i said it in the knicks forum and ill say it here

Melo is worth 2 feltons, hes worth 2 Gallos and like 4 mozgovs.

Hes twice the player then anything we are offering.

Felton/Gallo/Mozgov < Melo/Melo/Billups

That equation looks about right to me. DO IT, DO IT NOW!!

dnewguy
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM

Carmelo has always had more talent around him than Wade and Lebron, he's never done a thing with it. The dude is overrated IMO, not worth gutting your roster for a guy that can't play any defense.

BklynKnicks3
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
sounds like miami fans getting worried

BklynKnicks3
02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
cp3 comeing soon

Avenged
02-15-2011, 10:20 AM
I would have done this if I was NY, they don't seem to value Melo much at all if they aren't willing to give anything away. I hope Melo realizes this and doesn't go there in free agency.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Ya I wasn't all that impressed with Gallo till I saw a Knick game, the dude is nasssty. Dunks it on anyone whos in the way, stroke the 3 ball with confidence. Very high energy player. Id try my best to keep him if I were NYK.

And I hate losing him. Gallo is young and hasnt put his whole game together yet and hes only 22.

When he drives the lane he draws constant fouls with his herky jerky chicken neck thing. And he shoot 90% from the FT line.

When his shot is falling hes one of the deadliest shooters in the NBA. IF he can manage to put it together for a full 36 minutes he WILL be comparable to Dirk.

The kid scores 20 playing inconsistent ball. When he can play consistently for a full game this kid is gonna be a 25 ppg scorer.

dnewguy
02-15-2011, 10:25 AM

of Melo? LOL

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 10:25 AM
And if I recall the Knicks never could get Ewing that second star player until he was old and in decline. If the Knicks could have gotten Ewing that second star player the Knicks beat the Rockets and would probably won the 2 years Jordan was gone.

They have a chance to correct that problem this time around.

This deal gets done TODAY. Dolan is gonna force it to happen and as dumb as that mother****er is...he should.

kobebabe
02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
am sick n tired of this mess! Seriously....it's getting too old and annoying. don't care who gets him....just do it and give the fans a break!

rabzouz 96
02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Nuggets FO is getting ridiculous with their outlandish demands

Mudvayne91
02-15-2011, 10:50 AM
I guess, I don't think it's that much. Billups is included too I'm pretty sure.

Weezy
02-15-2011, 10:53 AM

Felton/Gallo/Curry/1st(AR4) for Melo and Billups is a trade I would do. We are giving up 2 starters and I think you guys are asking for another starter I believe? In my opinion I think this will be the ending deal after all negotiations.

SteBO
02-15-2011, 10:55 AM
:laugh: ok :rolleyes:

On topic, I have to agree with dnewguy and Avenged24 on this one. If the knicks really wanted him, this would have been done. They clearly don't value him very highly. Players like melo don't come around often, and the knicks just want to lowball Denver to get him. If I was NY, I would've taken that deal for sure.

Marques24kobe
02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Wow Melo and Billups >>>>>>>>>> Gallinari, Felton, and Fields. How is this even a question?

John Walls Era
02-15-2011, 11:00 AM
The only thing holding this back is the fact that Melo could sign with the knicks in the summer and the knicks know this. Otherwise idc what the nuggets want, you accept any deal (amare cant be traded cuz he got his contract this year).

John Walls Era
02-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Tbh Gallo is solid player, but im not seeing 25 ppg like some people. 20 at best and only as a first option

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 11:03 AM

its not that bad of a deal, i rather keep Felton only because he's 8 years younger but Billups would be better for us shortterm.

I also rather trade Chandler and keep Gallo but i'm ok with trading Gallo if need be.

My bigger issue is including Mosgov, it would leave us real thin up front. And I would like to try to get MIN to include Ridnour to NY since Billups may only have a year or two left.

but overall it sounds like progress is being made.

I'd do Gallo, Felton, Curry & AR to MIN for Melo & Billups

Heater4life
02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
I like the idea, i want us to get him now. I cant wait to gamble in free agency.

This.

I wish most Knick fans saw things as you did. Free agency is a gamble, no one knows what can occur from now till then. Fact is, other teams can become desperate just as Denver might, and trade him anywhere. Or denver can improve their situation by shedding addtional salary in hopes to show him theres room for improvement.

Idk if id give up Felton though, even though hes a system point guard, he fits the system very well. But i would give up all those roleplaying wings that were rumored to be offered earlier, along with the picks. Melo is a top 10 player and with a Amare in the low block?!? Possibly give any player a run for their money as the best.

Drumlooney
02-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Carmelo has always had more talent around him than Wade and Lebron, he's never done a thing with it. The dude is overrated IMO, not worth gutting your roster for a guy that can't play any defense.

I guess Wade didn't have Shaq when he got his Chip right?

sharqstealth
02-15-2011, 11:10 AM
oh my goodness! What is Donnie doin?? He should've pulled the trigger! That was a nice deal! We would be chasing CP3 and DWill in the future anyway so what's the use of Felton?? Billups is still good and we can rent him for awhile. And besides, Felton will be a free agent again in 2 years and we can have him back if we strike out on Paul and Williams. This deal seems like we're only giving up Gallo Mozzy and a 1st for Melo. Think it over again Donnie!

If we get beaten badly by the Hawks next game, expect this deal to get done in the next day... If Walsh can't then Dolan would!

kntresistheheat
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
It's not a bad deal, I think it will be done.

Felton
Galli
Curry
1st rd

For

Melo
Chauncy

lvlheaded
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM
This trade should have been done. Walsh really overplaying his hand here.

jonline87
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm seeing so many ridiculous assumptions on these forums:

1. Knicks overrate their own talent.
2. Knicks underrate Melo.

Neither of these statements are true. They're just negotiating here.

For a team that could end up with nothing, Denver is asking for a lot.

But it makes sense. If you're in Chinatown negotiating for a nice wallet, and you're willing to pay $15, you say $10, knowing they will counter for $15.

So if Denver's asking for Felton, Gallinari, Mozgov, Curry for Melo and Billups, it's stupid for the Knicks to pull the trigger with a whole week until deadline.

If they can at least keep one of Gallo, Mozgov or Felton in the final deal, it would've been worth being patient, wouldn't you agree?

kntresistheheat
02-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I don't think mozgov is involved in the trade?

Mishmin
02-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Good deal for both sides I think, pretty fair trade.

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't think mozgov is involved in the trade?

he's most likely the other starter DEN wants and his contract needs to be in there to match salaries. the reported 3 team deal is this

MIN - AR
DEN - Gallo, Felton, Mosgov, Curry & 2011 1st round pick from MIN (UTA's pick)
NY - Melo, Billups.

I'm ok with that deal if we can substitute Azuibuike for Mosgov.

EnWhyKay
02-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeap.. Im thinking the other starter is Mosgov as well.. They already have Afflalo.. So i dont see why they would want fields.. They want Mosgov and in the east we need bigs.. Cant have Amar'e running the 5 forever.. If we can somehow keep Mosgov this deal is a go..

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Still in the negotiating phase. Denver's made their offer, now the Knicks will offer their counter.

final guess: felton, chandler, curry, ar traded out of NY, minny trades that first round pick, and denver trades melo and billups and receives felton, chandler, and the first.

He115ing
02-15-2011, 11:41 AM
I really hope the Knicks don't go through with this. If they want to built a championship team in the long run, they should keep their young pieces. Denver is crazy by asking for that much. If it was just Felton, Gallo, Curry and a 1st round pick than okay. i hope this bites Denver in the *** and they dont get **** for Melo

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I really hope the Knicks don't go through with this. If they want to built a championship team in the long run, they should keep their young pieces. Denver is crazy by asking for that much. If it was just Felton, Gallo, Curry and a 1st round pick than okay. i hope this bites Denver in the *** and they dont get **** for Melo

so Mosgov is an absolute deal breaker? I don't know about that, I'd like to find a way to keep him but he's not a deal breaker, he wasn't even drafted.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Its OFFICIAL....KNICKS FANS ARE INSANE.

And im a Knicks fan. Trading 3 starters of Role player quality for a Superstar and a championship PG who is expiring and they still say its too much...

How quicky we forget how Ewing never had a second superstar and couldnt get past Mike and Scottie. People love to think we couldnt get past Mike but the reality is we couldnt get past MIKE AND SCOTTIE.

MJ had his second star and we all remember how much he won before he got Scottie.....nothing. Unless you call individual awards something.

Its common sense, you need 2 stars. Do you need 3? I dont think so but you definitely need 2.

This deal gets us the second star we could never give Ewing. And we all remember how that turned out.

We can correct a problem that has plagued us for the last 30 years and Knicks fans think its too much to give up....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO?!!

bedford1829
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I would counter offer by substituting Chandler for Gallo in the deal.
A lot of people are sleeping on gallinari and if he's playing alongside Melo and Amare with a veteran PG like Big Shot Chaunce, then I think he will blossom even more.

Gallo is the deal breaker for me, I have too many visions of double teams collapsing on STAT and Melo and more kick out three pointers from Gallo than you can shake a stick at.

Heater4life
02-15-2011, 11:55 AM

Because they want a solid return for a top 10 player?

Turn the tables around and stop saying they'll lose him for nothing. These trade offers are complete low balls for what Denver is giving away. If you had to trade Melo from your team and all you got was a sub par guard (he plays well in your system, outside of it, hes sucked), a deadly shooter (they come and go in this league) an expiring and a first, how would you feel?

The only serious gain they get is Curry's expring. With Melo that first will be a later pick.

If i was Denver, i rather end up with nothing than tie down my team with crap players and contracts for the next X amount of years.

PhillyFaninLA
02-15-2011, 12:01 PM
There is no urgency for a deal to happen last night. Negotiations are not as simple as just get it done. I think the only think different about this situation and many others is that it is getting way to much attention. I'm seeing a normal process.

Nuggets high ball and the Knicks low ball. Counter offers slowly come as the trade deadline approaches and urgency builds. Once we get closer to the deadline the (metaphoric) kid gloves come off and they actually get down to real business, when that happens both sides will have established demands and both will bend a bit or no deal will take place.

If either side gives in at all to early they lose some bargaining power when its time to really get a deal done. Sadly I think we'll see a few more no's before we get to next week. The earliest I think Melo would realistically be traded is this weekend during the break.

tangent12
02-15-2011, 12:05 PM
They are demanding players of value plain and simple... Even If they have no use for them, they can be used as trading pieces later down the line... They are nuts trying to gut our team for a player who will not sign with you, don't be mad he wanna Come to ny lol... But I think it's too much they are asking for, all you guys saying just do it uh noo so what would be our team ??? Melo amare ?? And ? No bodies, I don't want to be another Miami I want to be stacked with options we waited to long and been thru too much to start all over

This. Let the failing Miami experiment be a lesson to every team out there.

Plus, you guys could sign him this off season and keep all of those pieces. I think it's worth waiting and take the risk.

lkingratedr
02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
i say get this deal done

billups
chandler
melo
amare
barron

i can deal with this

beasted86
02-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I would counter offer by substituting Chandler for Gallo in the deal.
A lot of people are sleeping on gallinari and if he's playing alongside Melo and Amare with a veteran PG like Big Shot Chaunce, then I think he will blossom even more.

Gallo is the deal breaker for me, I have too many visions of double teams collapsing on STAT and Melo and more kick out three pointers from Gallo than you can shake a stick at.

Either Gallinari or Carmelo will get toasted playing SG or PF against any elite team. So I don't really understand how Knick fans envision Carmelo & Gallinari playing together.

Face the Celtics and Ray Allen has a field day since neither can run around screens to chase him, or Garnett has a field day because he can post up any of those guys at will. Same problem when you face the Heat as Wade will burn either one, and Bosh will destroy either one.

But I don't know... D'Antoni doesn't coach defense anyway, so I guess it's not that big an issue on the offensive side of the ball only.

TheGiantYankee
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Miami is 2nd in Conference standings and they are a failing experiment?

:confused:

tangent12
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Miami is 2nd in Conference standings and they are a failing experiment?

:confused:

Let's get real here and cut the BS. They were expected to steam roll over teams and even break the Bulls season record. You know and Heat fans know more than anyone that the expectations were high... I mean a team with Wade, LeBron and Bosh was expected to just destroy everyone in their path. There was a bar in Miami that would give free drinks everytime the team lost or something along those lines.

They're just a good team and have the same record the Cavaliers would've had this season if LeBron stayed in Cleveland. The team is vulnerable and they're simply not that good, the same way he exited the TD garden last Sunday is the same way he exited it last year with the Cavs uniform on.

It is a failed experiment because they thought they would be running over teams with three stars and a bunch of scrubs as backups. It didn't work out that way.

beasted86
02-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Let's get real here and cut the BS. They were expected to steam roll over teams and even break the Bulls season record. You know and Heat fans know more than anyone that the expectations were high... I mean a team with Wade, LeBron and Bosh was expected to just destroy everyone in their path. There was a bar in Miami that would give free drinks everytime the team lost or something along those lines.

They're just a good team and have the same record the Cavaliers would've had this season if LeBron stayed in Cleveland. The team is vulnerable and they're simply not that good, the same way he exited the TD garden last Sunday is the same way he exited it last year with the Cavs uniform on.

It is a failed experiment because they thought they would be running over teams with three stars and a bunch of scrubs as backups. It didn't work out that way.

Yeah, we'd be better off like the Bulls. :rolleyes:

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 12:23 PM
i've said this right from the start, as long as Donnie is head of basketball operations and D'antoni is the coach, NOBODY is getting Gallinari. not even for 'Melo.

i like this move, let Denver sweat it out and take Chandler, Mosgov, Curry, and a pick; or let 'Melo walk at the end of the season. or maybe he resigns with Denver, but probably not.

smith&wesson
02-15-2011, 12:24 PM
is wilson chandler a 2 ? i always thought he was a 3

if chandler can play the two, i say the knicks evenutally budge and pull the trigger.

billups
chandler
melo
amare
and :confused:

but never the less thats a nasty starting line up.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
:facepalm: @ the legit starting center... He's a small forward !
Watch some knick games bro. No disrespect but that was a ludicrous comment

My bad. Thanks for the heads up. I get confused because the Knicks start 4 forwards. lol And Gallinari is the tallest one, so I just assumed the were using him a center. I realize that Amare essentially plays center (like Duncan does for SA), but both guys insist they are forwards and Amare is listed as a forward for the ASG and on his player profile. Plus and I always here Galllinari get compared to Barngani.... egk!

justinnum1
Wow...its now or never knick fans, how bad do you want him?

twoearl
SMH at reports a few weeks ago that Denver was in love with Ty Lawson. I knew that wasn't true...

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Wow, dude, its year 1 of this "failed" experiment and the playoffs haven't even started yet.

other than Boston, there is NO team looking forward to playing them in the playoffs. not the Bulls, not the Magic, NOBODY. "lets get real, here" MY ***. there is nothing "real" about what you are saying.

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Wow, dude, its year 1 of this "failed" experiment and the playoffs haven't even started yet. why don't you focus on beating the Knicks before you start criticizing the Heat. other than Boston, there is NO team looking forward to playing them in the playoffs. not the Bulls, not the Magic, NOBODY. "lets get real, here" MY ***. there is nothing "real" about what you are saying.

agreed, and when they get Haslem back and get some more chemistry games under their belt they are really going to be a problem. They already have the highest point differential in the NBA and until yesterday were 1st in the east.

they are beatable, but the idea that they are a failed experiment before they even play a playoff game? I'm sorry but thats just hating. Any fan in the NBA would sign up in a heartbeat for that "failed experiment".

Kashmir13579
Its OFFICIAL....KNICKS FANS ARE INSANE.

And im a Knicks fan. Trading 3 starters of Role player quality for a Superstar and a championship PG who is expiring and they still say its too much...

How quicky we forget how Ewing never had a second superstar and couldnt get past Mike and Scottie. People love to think we couldnt get past Mike but the reality is we couldnt get past MIKE AND SCOTTIE.

MJ had his second star and we all remember how much he won before he got Scottie.....nothing. Unless you call individual awards something.

Its common sense, you need 2 stars. Do you need 3? I dont think so but you definitely need 2.

This deal gets us the second star we could never give Ewing. And we all remember how that turned out.

We can correct a problem that has plagued us for the last 30 years and Knicks fans think its too much to give up....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO?!!

Deep breathes, man, Donnie knows what he's doing. the only thing you should be losing sleep over is the chance that Dolan doesn't pick up Donnie's option and brings back Isiah.

beasted86
is wilson chandler a 2 ? i always thought he was a 3

if chandler can play the two, i say the knicks evenutally budge and pull the trigger.

billups
chandler
melo
amare
and :confused:

but never the less thats a nasty starting line up.

Yeah, Chandler can play the 2, is shooting the 3 ball better than Gallinari this year, is a better defender and is more athletic.... but many Knick fans and their front office must see something most average fans don't.

I know in general, the Knick fan base is split on the Gallo vs. Chandler debate.

tangent12
02-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Wow, dude, its year 1 of this "failed" experiment and the playoffs haven't even started yet.

other than Boston, there is NO team looking forward to playing them in the playoffs. not the Bulls, not the Magic, NOBODY. "lets get real, here" MY ***. there is nothing "real" about what you are saying.

Last year with a Cavs uniform..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pupuWkzQAk4

This yeah with a Heat uniform AND with Wade and Bosh as teammates..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLY2SY2xcSo

Same outcome, same failure.

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 12:30 PM
agreed, and when they get Haslem back and get some more chemistry games under their belt they are really going to be a problem. They already have the highest point differential in the NBA and until yesterday were 1st in the east.

they are beatable, but the idea that they are a failed experiment before they even play a playoff game? I'm sorry but thats just hating. Any fan in the NBA would sign up in a heartbeat for that "failed experiment".

Anyone with any kind of basketball knowledge would agree.

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM

This yeah with a Heat uniform..

i'm sorry, but i'm not clicking on your Youtube links. no matter what those videos are, it doesn't change the fact that The Heat are going to be a dominant force in the NBA for years to come. get used to it.

btw, your trying to get a rise out of Heat fans in a Knick related thread. your a real winner, Tangent.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM
is expiring and they still say its too much...

Actually... the Knicks could never get past Mike, and Scottie, and the officials. That Knicks team was DEEP! Starks, Mason, Charles Smith, Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson (2.0 LJ, not as good as 1.0, but still a great player), Greg Anthony, Mark Jackson (one of the best PG EVER!), Xavier, Kiki, Gerald Wallace, Blackman, Hubert Davis, Doug Christie, JR Ried, Marcus Camby, Latrell Spreewell, Kurt Thomas, Allan Houston, Doc Rivers, Harper... Ewing had SO much talent pour through NY.

And there were seasons where MJ and Pip weren't around, and Ewing just couldnt match up with Robinson and Hakeem.

Had NY had Robinson or Hakeem with them all those years instead of Ewing, they would have been spanking the Bulls!

PhillyFaninLA
02-15-2011, 12:35 PM

I'd take you more seriously if your sig wasn't in the top 5 all time arrogant things I've ever seen.

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, Chandler can play the 2, is shooting the 3 ball better than Gallinari this year, is a better defender and is more athletic.... but many Knick fans and their front office must see something most average fans don't.

I know in general, the Knick fan base is split on the Gallo vs. Chandler debate.

well, here is where the smart Knick fan draws a line in the sand. Chandler's contract is up this year. most of us see him getting David Lee money. we can't afford that, especially going after 'Melo, and if we want to have ANY cash leftover for Cp3. whether or not Chandler is a better player than Gallo is irrelivent.

i'd take Gallo over Chandler btw:D

i like Gallo's i.q and he is a much better shooter than Wilson. neither of them are shooting at a high clip this year, but i'm pretty sure your wrong and Gallo has a slightly better %. Furthur-more i see Wilson as a ballhog, even if its unintentional, he leaves a man wide open far to much.

tangent12
02-15-2011, 12:38 PM
i'm sorry, but i'm not clicking on your Youtube links. no matter what those videos are, it doesn't change the fact that The Heat are going to be a dominant force in the NBA for years to come. get used to it.

btw, your trying to get a rise out of Heat fans in a Knick related thread. your a real winner, Tangent.

I didn't know you were a psychic.. ;)

So far I haven't seen that dominant force, Kashmir. LOL.

And no, I simply referred to the Heat experiment in one post and people replied to that little sentence out of the whole paragraph so I replied. It's not that complicated, ... Kashmir.

:)

HeaTxRipZz
02-15-2011, 12:39 PM

I'm just trying to understand you guys who constantly call Lebron a choker and failure. I mean okay an argument can be made with that of the past but look who he has on his team. Dwayne Wade. Let's not act like Wade isn't a former finals MVP and showed many times hes a clutch player. Let's just say Lebron can't close out in the playoffs, he still has Wade to fall back on. He can sit there and just dish out passes to wade, bosh, miller, haslem and get far. That team is far from any comparison to Cleveland. When Lebron made it to the finals who did he have? Larry Hughes? Big Z? Sasha Pavolivic? Past couple of years who did he have with having the leagues best record? Mo Williams? Old Shaq? 38 year old Jamison? Anthony Parker? Miami will be a force and anyone can see that one from a mile away. Look at the success Lebron has had with his past teams. Add in Wade & Bosh alone and they are miles better once they fully figure out how to work together with no problems

As far as the Knicks trade honestly I would do it if we can keep fields. I really wanted to keep Gallinari but you know what this is Carmelo Anthony we are talking about. I really think if we bring Billups and Anthony over here to help Amare & Chandler we would be a legit playoff team

xxcubs22xx
02-15-2011, 12:40 PM

This.

tangent12
02-15-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm just trying to understand you guys who constantly call Lebron a choker and failure. I mean okay an argument can be made with that of the past but look who he has on his team. Dwayne Wade. Let's not act like Wade isn't a former finals MVP and showed many times hes a clutch player. Let's just say Lebron can't close out in the playoffs, he still has Wade to fall back on. He can sit there and just dish out passes to wade, bosh, miller, haslem and get far. That team is far from any comparison to Cleveland.

As far as the Knicks trade honestly I would do it if we can keep fields. I really wanted to keep Gallinari but you know what this is Carmelo Anthony we are talking about. I really think if we bring Billups and Anthony over here to help Amare & Chandler we would be a legit playoff team

He's not a failure as an individual, the guy has stats that back him up as an individual player. He is not a winner though and he chokes when it comes to leading teams and making them succeed. That's why you can't compare the guy to legends like MJ or active future HOF's like Kobe, because they are special players. Not only as individuals but they know how to win and how to make a team succeed.

Anyways, let's end the conversation here because this is a Knicks thread and we've kind of drifted off course here a little bit.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2011, 12:44 PM
And if I recall the Knicks never could get Ewing that second star player until he was old and in decline. If the Knicks could have gotten Ewing that second star player the Knicks beat the Rockets and would probably won the 2 years Jordan was gone.

They have a chance to correct that problem this time around.

This deal gets done TODAY. Dolan is gonna force it to happen and as dumb as that mother****er is...he should.

Those Knicks teams were DEEP: That Knicks team was DEEP! Starks, Mason, Charles Smith, Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson (2.0 LJ, not as good as 1.0, but still a great player), Greg Anthony, Mark Jackson (one of the best PG EVER!), Xavier, Kiki, Gerald Wallace, Blackman, Hubert Davis, Doug Christie, JR Ried, Marcus Camby, Latrell Spreewell, Kurt Thomas, Allan Houston, Doc Rivers, Harper... Ewing had SO much talent pour through NY (as I mentioned).

Houston? Not a legit #2 guy? Spree? Mark Jackson has more assists than Magic! Ewing had lots of talent. NY nto winning in the 90s had nothing to do with the fact that "Ewing wasn't surrounded by talent" and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Ewing was a poor man's Robinson, and a poor man's Hakeem! The dude (Ewing) just wasnt a legit franchise center in that era (Shaq, Mouring, Robinson, Hakeem) and it showed in the playoffs. Ewing is one of the most overrated players in NBA history, if he had played for Minny or Sacramento, or the Clippers, people wouldnt have even suggest that he was as good as Brad Daughtery let alone Hakeem, Robinson, or Shaq. I'd take prime Mourning over prime Ewing any day of the week.

beasted86
02-15-2011, 12:59 PM
well, here is where the smart Knick fan draws a line in the sand. Chandler's contract is up this year. most of us see him getting David Lee money. we can't afford that, especially going after 'Melo, and if we want to have ANY cash leftover for Cp3. whether or not Chandler is a better player than Gallo is irrelivent.

i'd take Gallo over Chandler btw:D

i like Gallo's i.q and he is a much better shooter than Wilson. neither of them are shooting at a high clip this year, but i'm pretty sure your wrong and Gallo has a slightly better %. Furthur-more i see Wilson as a ballhog, even if its unintentional, he leaves a man wide open far to much.

I don't really understand your logic. You mention maintaining cap space for Chris Paul in 2012, yet Gallinari is due an extension that same summer.

So what it really boils down to is who do you think will get a bigger contract, Gallinari or Chandler?

D1JM
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Bulls won't include Noah, so this just boils down to knicks and denver

Da Knicks
02-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Those Knicks teams were DEEP: That Knicks team was DEEP! Starks, Mason, Charles Smith, Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson (2.0 LJ, not as good as 1.0, but still a great player), Greg Anthony, Mark Jackson (one of the best PG EVER!), Xavier, Kiki, Gerald Wallace, Blackman, Hubert Davis, Doug Christie, JR Ried, Marcus Camby, Latrell Spreewell, Kurt Thomas, Allan Houston, Doc Rivers, Harper... Ewing had SO much talent pour through NY (as I mentioned).

Houston? Not a legit #2 guy? Spree? Mark Jackson has more assists than Magic! Ewing had lots of talent. NY nto winning in the 90s had nothing to do with the fact that "Ewing wasn't surrounded by talent" and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that Ewing was a poor man's Robinson, and a poor man's Hakeem! The dude (Ewing) just wasnt a legit franchise center in that era (Shaq, Mouring, Robinson, Hakeem) and it showed in the playoffs. Ewing is one of the most overrated players in NBA history, if he had played for Minny or Sacramento, or the Clippers, people wouldnt have even suggest that he was as good as Brad Daughtery let alone Hakeem, Robinson, or Shaq. I'd take prime Mourning over prime Ewing any day of the week.

Lmao stfu, dude im gonna make it nice and clear to you. Ewing was one of the best centers of his time, Hakeem was the only center that was better than him. Against the rockets in the finals if Starks would of had atleast a decent game in game 6 or 7 the knicks would of won. Ewing was not at fault also remember Doc Rivers was hurt and the team had Charles Smith the most overrated knick ever!:mad:

In 99 with Houston and Spree Ewing was hurt, Ewing is getting no respect in this board. As far as the trade proposal for Melo, if the knicks can keep Gallo im fine with letting felton go if we get Billups in return.:)

jetsfan28
02-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Simply put, if you think Mozgov is a guy who can start at center for you for the next decade you don't make this trade. Centers are too hard to find to give up him, Gallo, and a 1st.

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't really understand your logic. You mention maintaining cap space for Chris Paul in 2012, yet Gallinari is due an extension that same summer.

So what it really boils down to is who do you think will get a bigger contract, Gallinari or Chandler?

i think its a given that Gallinari will ask for/receive less money than Chandler. on paper Chandler is a much better player. couple years down the road will that change? maybe. Gallo is gonna be a 3rd or 4th option though, while Chandler is a 2nd option now. so i really, really don't see Gallo putting up numbers that will get him more than a minimum contract. we'll see though, Gallo has made it clear he wants to be a lifetime Knick regardless of contracts.

also if we do get 'Melo and/or CP3, it will be priceless to have a shooter like Gallo camping behind the arc.

how does Chandlers skillset mesh with 'Melos? not at all, imo.

KingPosey
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM

I get what you are saying, but the Knicks get him in a couple months regardless. They dont have to gut their roster.

beasted86
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
i think its a given that Gallinari will ask for/receive less money than Chandler. on paper Chandler is a much better player. couple years down the road will that change? maybe. Gallo is gonna be a 3rd or 4th option though, while Chandler is a 2nd option now. so i really, really don't see Gallo putting up numbers that will get him more than a minimum contract. we'll see though, Gallo has made it clear he wants to be a lifetime Knick regardless of contracts.

also if we do get 'Melo and/or CP3, it will be priceless to have a shooter like Gallo camping behind the arc.

Whether it's Gallinari or Chandler, either one will demand $7M or more. I seriously hope you don't expect otherwise or you will be in for a grand surprise. The full mid-level is $6M, and they will 100% certainly get more than that. Travis Outlaw just got $7M last summer and he isn't near either one in talent.

And BTW, Chandler's skillset meshes better because he can play the SG, and defend the SG. Gallinari can shoot like a SG, but can't defend it for the life of him. I'd hate to see what Ray Allen or Wade would do to him in a series... either him or Carmelo. Neither are close to fast enough to defend SGs.

footballer2369
02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
WTF... that would be a rip off... the knicks should have jumped at the trade and screamed, "no take backs!"

D-Leethal
02-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Whether it's Gallinari or Chandler, either one will demand $7M or more. I seriously hope you don't expect otherwise or you will be in for a grand surprise. The full mid-level is $6M, and they will 100% certainly get more than that. Travis Outlaw just got $7M last summer and he isn't near either one in talent.

And BTW, Chandler's skillset meshes better because he can play the SG, and defend the SG. Gallinari can shoot like a SG, but can't defend it for the life of him. I'd hate to see what Ray Allen or Wade would do to him in a series... either him or Carmelo. Neither are close to fast enough to defend SGs.

Gallo can defend SGs better than Wilson, Wil's best strength on D is his post D, Gallos is his perimeter D

nycericanguy
02-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Whether it's Gallinari or Chandler, either one will demand $7M or more. I seriously hope you don't expect otherwise or you will be in for a grand surprise. The mid-level is $6M, and they will 100% certainly get more than that. Travis Outlaw just got $7M last summer and he isn't near either one in talent.

Fields is our starting SG, Gallo could come off the bench and be one of the top 6th men in the NBA. Just because he doesnt start doesnt mean he can't be effective.

And D'antoni loves small ball so against smaller teams this lineup would play alot

Amare
Melo
Gallo
Fields
Billups

Melo & Fields are both very good rebounders, between those 2 and Amare you have guys that can grab 24-30 reb per night.

Pistol_Pete
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't know. I just don't think Carmelo Anthony is a super top tier player. Maybe he is, but he's still not LeBron or Wade caliber. I just don't want to trade the entire roster for a stat line of 25-8-3 or something along those lines.

The thing that holds me up is the fact that we MIGHT be able to get him for free in the off season. Yes it's a gamble, but giving up 3 starters, a 1st rounder, and Eddy Currys giant cap relief is steep.

Maybe I'd feel better about Fields/Curry/Chandler/1st.

The L Train
02-15-2011, 01:35 PM
I get what you are saying, but the Knicks get him in a couple months regardless. They dont have to gut their roster.

Exactly bro. Why does everybody seem to miss this simple point?

All of you guys in here saying the Knicks should have pulled the trigger on this deal are out of your minds. There is no way in hell you trade 3 starters and a huge expiring for ONE GUY, period. Add to that the fact that they can get Melo for NO PLAYERS in a few months.

Donnie Walsh is the smartest GM in NY sports and probably beyond that. I have complete trust in him to either get a fair deal done or just wait them out.

Fair in this case would be pretty much anything Donnie offers, because Denver knows that's all they're gonna get. Hey Denver, we'll give you Curry and Bill Walker, you don't like that? Fine, don't take it. Hey by the way, have you seen any Cavs or Raptors games this year? Cuz that's where your team is headed...

Da Knicks

Gallo defends sg better than Chandler jfyi

Kashmir13579

you are vastly under-rating Gallo's perimeter D, and over-rating chandlers. Chandler has been playing and defending the 4 all season in case you didn't know.

Outlaw was signed by the Nets and it came before the new CBA. nuff said.

Chandler's skillset, DOES NOT mesh with Carmelo's. at all.

Avenged
02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
WTF... that would be a rip off... the knicks should have jumped at the trade and screamed, "no take backs!"

Yup.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Actually... the Knicks could never get past Mike, and Scottie, and the officials. That Knicks team was DEEP! Starks, Mason, Charles Smith, Charles Oakley, Larry Johnson (2.0 LJ, not as good as 1.0, but still a great player), Greg Anthony, Mark Jackson (one of the best PG EVER!), Xavier, Kiki, Gerald Wallace, Blackman, Hubert Davis, Doug Christie, JR Ried, Marcus Camby, Latrell Spreewell, Kurt Thomas, Allan Houston, Doc Rivers, Harper... Ewing had SO much talent pour through NY.

And there were seasons where MJ and Pip weren't around, and Ewing just couldnt match up with Robinson and Hakeem.

Had NY had Robinson or Hakeem with them all those years instead of Ewing, they would have been spanking the Bulls!

And this is why im saying you dont wait. We drafted the ROY who WAS Ewings second star and what happened? We traded him for Doc Rivers and Charles Smith. How did it turn out for Jackson after he got with Reggie. I like to think they did pretty good considering. Jackson wasnt a superstar but he was a star player. What PG did the Knicks have in the 90s that was better then Mark Jackson. And i dont count a aging Derek Harper, who we had for like a year or 2.

The Knicks trade for LJ when hes old and broken and Ewing is starting his decline. They add Houston and Sprewell when hes on his last legs. And by the time they added Camby Ewing was watching from the bench mostly. And when Ewing was gone they got rid of Camby. And Hakeem beat us because he had more help. I wont blame Riley for playing Starks, I blame the team for not getting him someone better than Starks. Or drafting someone better.

While it is true the Knicks have made moves in the Ewing era they were either the wrong ones or they werent at the right time. In all of Ewings time with the Knicks when has he ever had a player at his side IN HIS PRIME the quality of a John Stockton or a Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen, Kevin Johnson, Mark Jackson? What did Robinson win before Duncan? How many did The Dream win before Drexler?

The Knicks have failed at this the last 30 years. You could say they havent gotten it right since the Clyde and Willis years. I know, Im old enough to have watched.

To win the title you NEED 2 in their PRIMES. This is the first time in more then 30 years the Knicks can get it right. 30 years to finally get it right and it costs me...

Felton, Gallo, Mozgov and Curry. Hell even Fields.

I can add all 5 of those guys up and they still wouldnt equal a Melo/Amar'e core. And if this is the price of getting it right after 30 some odd years you'd be ****ing stupid not to do it.

beasted86
02-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Gallo can defend SGs better than Wilson, Wil's best strength on D is his post D, Gallos is his perimeter D

He's slow footed and 6'10". Chandler is 6'8" and athletic. Whether he's more committed to perimeter defense than Chandler is a different debate than whether he's actually a better defender. And yes, I know Chandler has been a PF all season.

Gallinari would NOT do better defending Allen & Wade than Chandler would. But thinking about this more, this debate is moot anyway... D'Antoni doesn't worry about defense anyway, and tells all his players to switch being the inept defensive coach he is.

John Walls Era
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
you are vastly under-rating Gallo's perimeter D, and over-rating chandlers. Chandler has been playing and defending the 4 all season in case you didn't know.

Outlaw was signed by the Nets and it came before the new CBA. nuff said.

Chandler's skillset, DOES NOT mesh with Carmelo's. at all.

Gallo's D is avg., but regardless Denver wants him. I don't see why the Knicks wouldn't do this in a second unless they're banking on getting Melo via FA. If the Knicks want to be serious threats in the next 6 years, then they should get Melo ASAP. TBH as long as its not Amare, I see no reason to not do this trade. Sure Melo was a 2nd round virgin before Billups got there and has not had a lot of playoff success, but he has amazing talent and can surely put the Knicks to a contender status right off the bat.

Bornknick73
02-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Now hurry up and get it done so i can fill in my sig spot.

KnicksR4Real
02-15-2011, 01:47 PM
we need to keep gallo at all costs or we will be screwed

Lo Porto
02-15-2011, 01:50 PM
NY want to see if they can get Deron before they settle on Melo who could just come to NY this summer anyway.

venom518
02-15-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm from NY, but I'm not a Knicks fan. I don't think this is a good deal for NY. I keep seeing posts about this being a fair trade cause Billups is being added in the deal. But what you are failing to realize is that Billups is gonna want a buyout once the deal gets done, and will prob end back on Denver anyway. He does not want to leave Denver and he made that clear several times.

jim51990
02-15-2011, 02:01 PM
good move by ny in a week the other starter will be out of the deal and it will be
galo, felton, curry and pick for melo and billups

Crackadalic
02-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Melo is better then everybody not name Amare. Billups is better then Felton regardless of age. I talk about this in the knicks forum but if they want the suppose trade that was talked about today then trade chandler for some nice assets before the trade deadline because we wouldnt be able to sign him in the off season anyway.

Billups expires in 2012 which gives us more flexability for that year for maybe a certain pg. Just saying

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
The question is people have been saying Billups will be bought out so he can return to Denver. Why include him in the deal if this is the case? Take him out, take out Gallo and put in Fields and chandler and they probably got a deal.

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 03:52 PM
He's slow footed and 6'10". Chandler is 6'8" and athletic. Whether he's more committed to perimeter defense than Chandler is a different debate than whether he's actually a better defender. And yes, I know Chandler has been a PF all season.

Gallinari would NOT do better defending Allen & Wade than Chandler would. But thinking about this more, this debate is moot anyway... D'Antoni doesn't worry about defense anyway, and tells all his players to switch being the inept defensive coach he is.

Gallo has and will defend Wade better than Wilson. he's also been guarding the elite 3s of the NBA better than Chandler. he's not really that slow footed compared to Chandler. Gallo's speed has been surprising many Knick fans.

your right about d'antoni though.

if this trade were to go through

our line-up would realistically look like this

Billups
Fields
Gallo
Melo
Stat

Mike doesn't give a flying **** if Melo is at the 4 or who is gonna guard who. thats his dream lineup offensively.

BTW, how can you just assume that if Chandler was "committed" to perimeter D he would be better than Gallo? you could say the same thing about any athletic player who isn't "committed" to playing D, doesn't mean its true.

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 03:53 PM
we need to keep gallo at all costs or we will be screwed

i wouldn't say that. but yea, i'd like to keep Gallo, and i think we will.

John Walls Era
02-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Knicks fans seriously rather keep GAllo than get Melo? I like Gallo actually, but I don't think you want to pass up one of the best scorers in the game. TBH I actually rather keep Fields (SG next to Melo would be amazing).

THE MTL
02-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Gallinari scores 20 pts in his sleep while only putting together 1 consistent half of basketball. When he does play aggressive hes one of thebest at drawing fouls and hes around the top in the league in FT% around 90%.

When this kid puts his 3ball with a consistent drive to the rim and he does it for a whole game hes gonna be a 25 a game scorer.

Gallinari DOES NOT score 20pts in his sleep! He doesnt even average 18ppg. When Gallo, gives us 20pts or more...its a good game from him. Now, Carmelo Anthony is someone who would score 20pts by accident or if Carmelo scores 20pts....its like "dag Melo, only 20pts".

And Gallinari wont be a 25ppg scorer cause he is not consistently aggressive and a team that needs Gallo to score so much isnt going anywhere either.

I understand you though, sometimes we fall in love with certain players and dont wanna give them up no matter what. But u have to realize that this is CARMELO ANTHONY! Alot of us had trouble giving up David Lee or even Jamal Crawford....but u see how much better off we are.

xabial
02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Melo is better then everybody not name Amare. Billups is better then Felton regardless of age. I talk about this in the knicks forum but if they want the suppose trade that was talked about today then trade chandler for some nice assets before the trade deadline because we wouldnt be able to sign him in the off season anyway.

Billups expires in 2012 which gives us more flexability for that year for maybe a certain pg. Just saying

If the team exercises Billups Team option, thats a $14.2M Expiring contract for the summer of Deron,Cp3,Dwight. Add Turiaf/Douglas's Expiring contracts ($5M+)the contracts that come off the knicks books balloons to $19,000,000+. I may not know much about the salary cap but i know that Money off the books is a good thing to sign players in the offseason Who knows? One Fa might pull a lebron idk.

Not to mention, Billups isnt a bad player, it seems like he never declines, maybe his defense but thats natural since he's 34.

meloman1592
02-15-2011, 04:10 PM

Melo is better than everyone including amare...idk what the deal is gonna be but nyk has to get it done

THE MTL
02-15-2011, 04:14 PM

I disagree on Chandler being a second option for us. I believe after Amare, it is definitely Felton and then its a gamble on who is having the bigger game....that can be Gallinari, Fields, or Chandler.

And you should really check the statistics sheet. Wilson Chandler is actually a better 3pt shooter than Gallo this year, while Gallinari is better at slashing to the basket. Also, you forget we have REALLY efficient guys like Sean Williams and Bill Walker from 3pt arc as well.

I also think that Gallinari's and Chandler's skillset arent much different in terms of how it'll mesh with Melo. Besides taking charges like Gallo, or guarding bigs like Chandler does. Carmelo and do everything else (and more) that both of these guys do the court.

THE MTL
02-15-2011, 04:16 PM
I kinda dont wanna do this trade because then we'll never hear the end of POINT GUARD rumors in 2012. It'll Chris Paul or Deron Williams to the Knicks from now until then and after Summer of 2010 and Melo rumors, I cannot deal with another year long saga of trade rumors to the Knicks.

FlashMacker
02-15-2011, 04:21 PM
I would've rejected too. No way I would give up Felton for an older Billups. As far as Gallinari and Chandler, I don't care which one of those guys goes.

mjqusoldier
02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Im glad we declined that. Why give up 3 starter and a 1st round pick when we can get him for free in the summer? Nuggets keep acting like they have leverage but they really dont so either trade him for whatever we offer or get what you deserve and lose him for nothing in the summer. Your choice.

THE MTL
02-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I think 3 starters is ridiculous though. Im pretty sure its Mozglov cause Fields and Chandler have names that are more than just a throw-in for a trade.

Minus the third starter and I'll do the trade.

The Jokemaker
02-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Im glad we declined that. Why give up 3 starter and a 1st round pick when we can get him for free in the summer? Nuggets keep acting like they have leverage but they really dont so either trade him for whatever we offer or get what you deserve and lose him for nothing in the summer. Your choice.

Because it's not a guarantee he'll sign with them in FA due to the CBA and possible lockout. If he waits and signs in FA, he might actually get less money which is a big thing for Melo. If not traded, he could very well sign with Denver and thats that.

abe_froman
02-15-2011, 04:39 PM
I kinda dont wanna do this trade because then we'll never hear the end of POINT GUARD rumors in 2012. It'll Chris Paul or Deron Williams to the Knicks from now until then and after Summer of 2010 and Melo rumors, I cannot deal with another year long saga of trade rumors to the Knicks.

thats coming no matter what.its just how your reporters and fans are.the speculation machine of "star player x to come save the knicks" makes for high interest from fans and lots of papers sold,thus will never end.

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 04:40 PM
wow so whos gonna penetrate and kick in this the knicks system?....if feltons a "system" player mr big shot billups certainly doesnt fit the system on old 34 year old wheels....if the systems so easy why isnt toney douglas doin anything in it?mozgov will be solid once he can average 25 minutes gallos dad and d antoni are buddies why would he let his son get shipped out o town? and why is dolan always trying to ruin this team he needs to stop listening to isaiah thomas! till draft day because all hes good for is sniffin out talent in the draft

MJ-BULLS
02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
when will this all ever end.

AlvaROD
02-15-2011, 04:48 PM
The whole Knicks and Nuggets organizations are pathethic..

iggypop123
02-15-2011, 04:50 PM
my goodness the nuggets have no pr sense. they are making their organization look so terrible. accept that you wont get what you want or keep him. dont keep making calls to other gms to make huge offers.

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
seriously everytime we have panicked knicks fans its turned out terrible....donnie has actually come here and built something with some promise....make a trade that makes sens not one that involves 3 young players basically if you use a r to get a 1st rounder under 24 whoever they are....a solid point guard who although nowhere near the category of d will or cp3 is a much cheaper option then derron or cp3 and currys contract for who? melo ok hes a stud but there gettin beat in the head with billups if we cant sign melo in the off season theres plenty more stars d howard is not stayin on that magic team id rather him then melo any day.....if the knicks get melo they still need a gasol or someone of that nature and lots of defensive help ....we can only run if we d up!

heatking
02-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Huge mistake by NY. They are getting the 2 best players in the deal!

AddiX
02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
You guys actually believe this rumor, do you guys never learn?

First it was reported they asked for half the damn team and now its being reported they are asking for a few players + a pick?

ESPN hasn't even stopped there non-sense about Nugs/Lakers, heck they even said today that a trade to Houston isn't out of the picture.

Get over it, its all bs rumors to get ratings, sell papers, and gain twitter followers.

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 05:14 PM
I disagree on Chandler being a second option for us. I believe after Amare, it is definitely Felton and then its a gamble on who is having the bigger game....that can be Gallinari, Fields, or Chandler.

And you should really check the statistics sheet. Wilson Chandler is actually a better 3pt shooter than Gallo this year, while Gallinari is better at slashing to the basket. Also, you forget we have REALLY efficient guys like Sean Williams and Bill Walker from 3pt arc as well.

I also think that Gallinari's and Chandler's skillset arent much different in terms of how it'll mesh with Melo. Besides taking charges like Gallo, or guarding bigs like Chandler does. Carmelo and do everything else (and more) that both of these guys do the court.

are you serious?!!! are you tryin to tell me that matt bonner and shawne williams are better shooters then ray allen too its not even close galo is a way better shooter then wilson ....wilson struggled with the 3 ball his whole career till this year....and hes been strugglin with it again as of late....will is the thrid option but gallo is smarter then him and will score more then him with his flop fouls in years to come can you imagine what wouldve happened if the mavs traded a younger dirk because he blew too? similar player kind of .....slow o foot not a great rebounder started figuring things out late ....doubt he will be anywhere near as good as dirk but he'll be a solid smart ball player his strides from his rookie year till now are crazy!!! as far as walker and williams yea they pretty much fit the system in the same way galo does but walker gets happy fingers and forces things when he sees one shot drop and williams is useless unless his feet are set...galo will slow motion by a defense and euro flop his way to the line in a sec....they have to keep galo and trade will trust me i gave up on galo too and wanted to keep wilson till i saw him struggle n saw what both guys do when they struggle.....galo gets freethrows at a high percentage.....they need to trade tony douglas jesus hes the worst pg in the league cant stand em!!!get a tj ford or something man please a penetrator with smarts .....ridenour a point guard please and some defeneders!!!! like a ronnie brewer!!!! kirilinko thabo sefalosia mold...you need all different kind o pieces to win it u cant just win with 3 point shooters and a big man

nytillidie
02-15-2011, 05:16 PM
You guys actually believe this rumor, do you guys never learn?

First it was reported they asked for half the damn team and now its being reported they are asking for a few players + a pick?

ESPN hasn't even stopped there non-sense about Nugs/Lakers, heck they even said today that a trade to Houston isn't out of the picture.

Get over it, its all bs rumors to get ratings, sell papers, and gain twitter followers.

true!!!! but damn its good to have the knicks in the papers again last ten years have been super painfull to watch

Arch Stanton
02-15-2011, 05:18 PM
NYK could lose out on Melo If LAL decides to give up Bynum.

VinceCarter
02-15-2011, 05:40 PM
WTF is up with Denver. Felton, Gallinari, a starter (not named Amare) for Melo AND Billups?!

The Nets should just come in and offer Favors straight up for Melo :laugh:

colinskik
02-15-2011, 06:19 PM
I want to ship out Felton for any other PG at this point, so if it's for big game Billups I'm in!

After his hot start, Felton has been a huge disappointment. He doesn't run the offense efficiently and looks lost out there at times.

Here's what I hope the deal end up looking like.

Felton/Chandler/Curry/pick from Anthony Randolph trade with Min

for

Melo/Billups

If it takes Mozgov, throw him in too. I like what he can potentially bring as the C for the team with more practice, but realistically he's had only three good games the whole season. He shouldn't be untouchable.

The bottom line is that both NY and Den have given their offers. Now they meet somewhere in the middle. Den has to realize though that NY went through a lot of trouble to build a perennial contender and are not willing to decimate their team to create a good team and not a great team. Knicks still have the leverage.

blahblahyoutoo
02-15-2011, 06:43 PM
are you serious?!!! are you tryin to tell me that matt bonner and shawne williams are better shooters then ray allen too its not even close galo is a way better shooter then wilson ....wilson struggled with the 3 ball his whole career till this year....and hes been strugglin with it again as of late....will is the thrid option but gallo is smarter then him and will score more then him with his flop fouls in years to come can you imagine what wouldve happened if the mavs traded a younger dirk because he blew too? similar player kind of .....slow o foot not a great rebounder started figuring things out late ....doubt he will be anywhere near as good as dirk but he'll be a solid smart ball player his strides from his rookie year till now are crazy!!! as far as walker and williams yea they pretty much fit the system in the same way galo does but walker gets happy fingers and forces things when he sees one shot drop and williams is useless unless his feet are set...galo will slow motion by a defense and euro flop his way to the line in a sec....they have to keep galo and trade will trust me i gave up on galo too and wanted to keep wilson till i saw him struggle n saw what both guys do when they struggle.....galo gets freethrows at a high percentage.....they need to trade tony douglas jesus hes the worst pg in the league cant stand em!!!get a tj ford or something man please a penetrator with smarts .....ridenour a point guard please and some defeneders!!!! like a ronnie brewer!!!! kirilinko thabo sefalosia mold...you need all different kind o pieces to win it u cant just win with 3 point shooters and a big man

this is unreadable.

believeinNYK
02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
replace gallo with chandler in the deal and its done! Were gonna be even smaller than before after giving up mosgov so donnie better sign a decent big, someone like Earl Barron for the rest of the season

Supreme LA
02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
NYK could lose out on Melo If LAL decides to give up Bynum.

Don't be foolish man. The Lakers already shot that down so if you're going to pretend that you're informed otherwise, atleast come up with something else besides a rumor that was shot down two weeks ago.

Beltrans Mole
02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Denver can do whatever they want. Bottom line is Melo is gone in the summer, and Melo wants to be a Knick. We're not giving up all these pieces just because Denver thinks they deserve it. It's worth the "gamble" in the summer during free agency. He's going to be a Knick, so you'll take what we want to give you Denver.

Anilyzer
02-15-2011, 07:52 PM
sweet. That means that Nuggets have brought down their demands by one player and one pick only since this morning.

probably NY has figured out that Denver is over a barrel right now--and that anyway, they can sell more season tickets for next year if they sign him this summer instead of now.

they don't have to give up Gallinari or Felton

bklynny67
02-15-2011, 07:52 PM
It was probably Mozgov.

Felton-Billups-Mozgov.

if it was not Fields and Mozgov instead, then what the hell.... pull the damn trigger.

Anilyzer
02-15-2011, 07:53 PM
if I was NY I'd offer to send them Curry and two 2nd round picks, and I'd let ESPN know that's the offer

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 08:00 PM

He might be leading by a SMALL margin. i don't care to look up the stats because Gallo is a pure shooter and Chandler is not. i'm certain Gallo has a better stroke. if Gallo isn't leading the Knicks in 3pt% i'm inclined to think he's on a cold streak. Chandlers shot from 3 is garbage unless he's in the corner and you should know that.

Also remember that with Melo and Stat on the floor, there will be WIDE OPEN looks for Gallo all day.