PDA

View Full Version : East Vs West

KG21
02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
After looking at newly posted Power Rankings, I noticed that East Teams usually show more effort at defensive end and West teams do at Offense?

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/powerrankings/02/14/week16/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

My question is, are East teams coaches more focused on D then O or is it all just a big coincidence?

Bulls rank 1st
Celtics rank 2nd
Miamo 3rd

all east teams...

KG21
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
So what do you think?

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 09:15 PM
You ain't just whistlin' dixie

Cano4prez
02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
The East is top heavy. The West is better 1-8

210Don
02-14-2011, 09:18 PM
smh.

tangent12
02-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Bulls rank 1st
Celtics rank 2nd
Miamo 3rd

And that's exactly how they rank as teams too...

KG21
02-14-2011, 09:19 PM
You ain't just whistlin' dixie

And I aint got pancake mix...

Flash3
02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
And that's exactly how they rank as teams too...

you love lebron no ?

chicago lulz
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd say it's more of a correlation between team and coaches.

Thibs implemented defense in Boston during his tenure and they've been a defense minded team since. Doc's done a great job of keeping that intact. Also, having great defenders in Garnett and Rondo (call him overrated or whatever, but his defense is certainly above average)

Thibs going to Chicago meant bringing in that defensive mind-set and he has stated many times that's the focal point of their team. A system that is team-defense oriented.

And as for the Heat, you have two of the top perimeter defense players in Wade and Lebron. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Spoelstra more known for his defensive schemes/system as opposed to his offensive system?

The three coaches are just great in regards to defense. Offense just kind of comes and goes depending, and that's evident in their offensive rankings.
Heat being 4th b/c of said wing defenders + bosh etc
Celtics being 15th which kind of surprised me since they have Allen, Pierce, Garnett as primary scorers with Rondo running it.
Bulls being 17th which doesn't surprise me since I've watched them all year and have watched times when they've struggle to score and such, with Rose being the only one that can really create with ball, Boozer creating in post.

Doesn't surprise me that Boston and Chicago have similar rankings in defensive and offensive efficiency.

KG21
02-14-2011, 10:11 PM
I'd say it's more of a correlation between team and coaches.

Thibs implemented defense in Boston during his tenure and they've been a defense minded team since. Doc's done a great job of keeping that intact. Also, having great defenders in Garnett and Rondo (call him overrated or whatever, but his defense is certainly above average)

Thibs going to Chicago meant bringing in that defensive mind-set and he has stated many times that's the focal point of their team. A system that is team-defense oriented.

And as for the Heat, you have two of the top perimeter defense players in Wade and Lebron. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Spoelstra more known for his defensive schemes/system as opposed to his offensive system?

The three coaches are just great in regards to defense. Offense just kind of comes and goes depending, and that's evident in their offensive rankings.
Heat being 4th b/c of said wing defenders + bosh etc
Celtics being 15th which kind of surprised me since they have Allen, Pierce, Garnett as primary scorers with Rondo running it.
Bulls being 17th which doesn't surprise me since I've watched them all year and have watched times when they've struggle to score and such, with Rose being the only one that can really create with ball, Boozer creating in post.

Doesn't surprise me that Boston and Chicago have similar rankings in defensive and offensive efficiency.

True, and may I add that bulls look like they are following footsteps of boston :)

They play good D but play poor on O.