PDA

View Full Version : What did you guys think of Rondo taking a peek?

JAHRONMON
02-14-2011, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5rslcdBEM&feature=player_embedded

i think this was a great psychological trick, the bothered Lamebron on defense which i applaud Rondo for but this was entertaining and annoyed the heat and that disrupted their offense. Im a Laker fan but Bravo Rondo, Bravo.

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I think it was funny. Maybe the funniest thing I've seen all season.

Even funnier was Jeff Van Gundy's reaction, oh man, what a douche bag.

Atticus Finch
02-14-2011, 03:52 PM
I support it 100%. No timeout was called, it was a stoppage of play and the heat tried to get a free timeout. If a coach can call all his players into one area of the floor during a stoppage I see no reason why a player from the opposing team can't go walk over there as well.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 03:56 PM
if there is no stoppage of play, he is allowed to do that. But its still a douche move. But whatever.
I become less and less of a Rondo fan everyday. That being said, that kind of stuff would elate me if he were on my favorite team.

magichatnumber9
02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Rondo just went over there to tell Lebron that he will be guarding him? I have no problem with that. My name is Rondo, Rajon Rondo international basketball player of mystery.

Iceman05
02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
"if youre not cheating, youre not trying" Must be the Boston sports' philosophy.

magichatnumber9
02-14-2011, 03:59 PM
if there is no stoppage of play, he is allowed to do that. But its still a douche move. But whatever.
I become less and less of a Rondo fan everyday. That being said, that kind of stuff would elate me if he were on my favorite team. I smell Bull ****.

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 04:01 PM
how can you become LESS of a rondo fan based on this? It was hilarious. I became more of a Rondo fan.

Triple double AND you make me laugh too? good going.

Gators123
02-14-2011, 04:01 PM
He was being a punk, but it was funny.

bovice163
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
I agree with Rzza, it was some funny ****. LeBron was so mad too, after the game he was all depressed and ****.

Arch Stanton
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Great move. Got in the Heats head. Rondo is a phenomenal player. Big props!

clehmun
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Loved it.
What made it funnier was doc rivers calling "RONDO!...... RONDO!!!!........ RONDO!!!!" at the back.

Tony_Starks
Typical Rondo, none of the stunts the Celtics do really surprise me anymore. Yeah its not illegal but if one of the Heat would've popped him for doing it I bet it would be a different story right?

But it is what it is I guess Rondo was just mad that they weren't even attempting to respect his "jump shot."

*edit* Yo threadstarter don't give Laker fans a bad name with the Lebron bashing. Come on man!!!

JAHRONMON
"if youre not cheating, youre not trying" Must be the Boston sports' philosophy.

Lol, maybe if your not complaining (cough coug doc Rivers cough cough) your not trying

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I agree with Rzza, it was some funny ****. LeBron was so mad too, after the game he was all depressed and ****.

well that probably had more to do with missing that ft that could have led to a tie game. And also, dropping 3 to the celtics, that also must have depressed him.

Kenny
02-14-2011, 04:05 PM
The double standard is amazing on this board. Lebron does this and we got 20 pages of Lebron is a douche,

Double_R
I become less and less of a Rondo fan everyday. That being said, that kind of stuff would elate me if he were on my favorite team.

Bold... I am not a fan of Bush League bs...

He does play in Boston... He must have learned it from the football coach there.

Geargo Wallace
pretty ghey and funny at the same time

Kashmir13579
Rondo has been my favorite player for a long time now. love the kid. love that move.

his confidence is unreal. you can tell not only that he doesn't like Lebron, but also that he wants nothing more than to demoralize him, crush him and his team.

RONDO :clap:

gawd i wish the Cs weren't in the Atlantic division.

bovice163
02-14-2011, 04:06 PM
well that probably had more to do with missing that ft that could have led to a tie game. And also, dropping 3 to the celtics, that also must have depressed him.

Yeah, but I think Rondo and the Celtics getting into his head had something to with him bricking that free-throw. It was hilarious nonetheless.

RZZZA
The double standard is amazing on this board. Lebron does this and we got 20 pages of Lebron is a douche,

as soon as Lebron shows that he has a personality and a sense of humor, I might laugh at something funny he does

Hawkeye15
I smell Bull ****.

I am not a Rondo fan at all. Never have been. Wasn't saying I was. I respect his game and think he is a top PG, but I don't like him or his game all that much.

dhopisthename
02-14-2011, 04:07 PM
I think it is a douche move, if he has a problem with it huddle up your guys

chicago lulz
02-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Not like players haven't done it before. Dick thing to do yes, but can be a good psychological move.

No care really.

Typical Rondo, none of the stunts the Celtics do really surprise me anymore. Yeah its not illegal but if one of the Heat would've popped him for doing it I bet it would be a different story right?

But it is what it is I guess Rondo was just mad that they weren't even attempting to respect his "jump shot."

*edit* Yo threadstarter don't give Laker fans a bad name with the Lebron bashing. Come on man!!!

uh yes, because what he was doing was not illegal. if someone punched him that would definitely mean something. pretty much a reason why he did it in the first place. to egg them on. get under their skin.

Double_R
02-14-2011, 04:08 PM

Don't worry Kenny it's only been on here for 20 minutes. There is no double standard for douche baggery. Lebron and Rondo have displayed so much of it throughout the years that it has become a 1 upping contest.

magichatnumber9
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
I am not a Rondo fan at all. Never have been. Wasn't saying I was. I respect his game and think he is a top PG, but I don't like him or his game all that much.
No kidding. I still respect you though,,,,, you do provide good insight on the NBA forum. I guess if your on here awhile you now everyone's opinion.

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 04:11 PM
bunch of Jeff Van Gundy's in here

Azzacadabra
02-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Jeff Van Gundy the ever so cynical one. He was one of the brothers left out of the huddle when he actually had hair.

chicago lulz
02-14-2011, 04:14 PM
bunch of Jeff Van Gundy's in here

because people are saying it was a douche move?

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
listen to him whining at the end "wah wah, it's not right! wah, it's not right!"

0nekhmer
02-14-2011, 04:17 PM
it was funny at first, but then it looked like he went to tell his teammates what they were talking about after. i wouldn't like it if my opponent purposely walked up to our huddle (even if it was legal at the moment) and try to get into the huddle. it's cool if he's just out there trying to listen but he was getting nudged out meaning "go away" i am a neutral fan. i don't like either team more than the other

Arch Stanton

LeBron has done this. In the playoffs against the Wiz. LeBron went up to Arenas while Arenas was shooting a free throw and told him he was gonna miss his free throws.

Kashmir13579

Hawkeye likes his PGs able to hit an 18 foot jumper :laugh2:

Serious though, how could you not enjoy such a unique player with the court vision he was blessed with?

not to mention he was guarding Lebron last night:speechless:

i'm a sucker for pass-first PGs, i will admit. they are few and far between in the NBA.

WizFan3
some funny **** rite there

210Don
02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
he and pierce are cool
I HATE ALLEN & KG...

NYKSpiritBomb
02-14-2011, 04:20 PM
hilarious, i have a new found respect for rondo's swag.

J-Relo
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM
how can you become LESS of a rondo fan based on this? It was hilarious. I became more of a Rondo fan.

Triple double AND you make me laugh too? good going.

I don't care about triple double until he manages to make a wide open shot.

Pierzynski4Prez
Rondo is a great talent, but is right up there as biggest douche in the NBA. It's just funny because he was doing it to annoy the #1 douche of the NBA

jiggin
that was awesome, it wasn't a time out or anything so Rando had every right to be there on that part of the floor.

very nice :clap:

if it violates anything its player/team respect...but since no one respects LBJ/WADE/BOSH or the Miami Heat anymore, that is a non-issue.

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I don't care about triple double until he manages to make a wide open shot.

he made a few yesterday. he could stand to practice his shooting though, no doubt

xxcubs22xx
02-14-2011, 04:26 PM
i love this move by Rondo.

Nice bit of "strategery"

get under their skin so long as its legal to do so.

thekmp211
02-14-2011, 04:26 PM
first of all, i like JVG but his orlando bias is becoming so monumentally obvious that i think he should stop doing national games. he just crushes every non-magic team he talks about, always complains about calls on dwight, ect ect. its almost as bad as watching tommy heinson, but at least tommy is calling the game for the celtics.

anyway, i thought it was great. clearly no one on the heat thought it was that big a deal, why should anyone else. it was gamesmanship, i love it. celts are old-school competitors.

i love that people simultaneously complain about stuff like this, then harken back for the good ol' days of basketball. its one or the other guys.

godolphins
02-14-2011, 04:28 PM
D bag move

Tony_Starks
Not like players haven't done it before. Dick thing to do yes, but can be a good psychological move.

No care really.

uh yes, because what he was doing was not illegal. if someone punched him that would definitely mean something. pretty much a reason why he did it in the first place. to egg them on. get under their skin.

My point is if you're going to egg someone on be careful what you ask for. If that was to be done in a playoff series for example it wouldn't be surprising for one of the Heats rarely used players to give him what for next time he came to hole. Then he'd be crying as usual but if you're going to play those games prepare for the repurcussions.....

Arch Stanton
first of all, i like JVG but his orlando bias is becoming so monumentally obvious that i think he should stop doing national games. he just crushes every non-magic team he talks about, always complains about calls on dwight, ect ect. its almost as bad as watching tommy heinson, but at least tommy is calling the game for the celtics.

anyway, i thought it was great. clearly no one on the heat thought it was that big a deal, why should anyone else. it was gamesmanship, i love it. celts are old-school competitors.

i love that people simultaneously complain about stuff like this, then harken back for the good ol' days of basketball. its one or the other guys.

Really? Because he seems to be a bit of a Heat Homer to me.

Giraffes Rule
02-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Wasn't a timeout, he's allowed to do that. Someone on the Spurs did that earlier this year, I think. I like it, especially since he just kept coming back after someone shoved him. I didn't like that the refs made him leave.

posterized
02-14-2011, 04:31 PM
It was hilarious! He looked like a lil child being left out of a game during recess. End every-time he was pushed away he came right back.

Arch Stanton
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Heat fans r just mad that they lost. They're looking for any excuse at this point. Pretty funny. Can't wait to hear the excuses in the playoffs.

Boston Fanatic
02-14-2011, 04:34 PM
lol dolphins=a team that has awesome legends...from 40 years ago

anyway i thought it was funny but it was in bad taste...obviously at the end we see ray come over and take rondo away i imagine he said something like "what are you doing kid?"

but i loved watching rondos defense on the lebron even though lebron has immensely more size rondos ability allowed lebron to do his thing but not take control in the fourth quarter...

rose is nasty and a great player...but he is a completely different player than rondo and people who like to bring up that argument in forums like this are just dumb.

Pens_fan_21
02-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Ya that was funny...i don't like either of these teams, but look at teh body language..its hilarious!

210Don
hilarious, i have a new found respect for rondo's swag.

what does "swag" have anything to do with it? smh

Ty Fast
cheater. something about boston and spying. he spent to much time around the pats.

mlisica19
02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I think most people like this because they hate Lebron.

Yet just on the situation, it is funny yet immoral. Its not something a "hero" is suppose to do but lets face it, Rondo is not a hero in that sense. I applaude the guy on his willingness to do anything to win the game. :clap:

It was also hysterical. Yet Lebron does have the right to push him, the ref does have the right to do anything he can in the rule book. Does this cause a Technical? It should.

justinnum1
02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
cheater. something about boston and spying. he spent to much time around the pats.

lol

godolphins
02-14-2011, 04:37 PM

:nod:

Arch Stanton
02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
:nod:

Yeah like I said before LeBron has done this.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 04:40 PM
No kidding. I still respect you though,,,,, you do provide good insight on the NBA forum. I guess if your on here awhile you now everyone's opinion.

I do think he is an awesome PG, with flaws in his game. But I didn't even like him at Kentucky. Quite honestly, I couldn't tell you why :shrug:

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Hawkeye likes his PGs able to hit an 18 foot jumper :laugh2:

Serious though, how could you not enjoy such a unique player with the court vision he was blessed with?

not to mention he was guarding Lebron last night:speechless:

i'm a sucker for pass-first PGs, i will admit. they are few and far between in the NBA.

Like I said, no clue why I don't like him. Never have, not even in college. He is an amazing player though.

RZZZA
02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I hate when people complain about double standards, as if they're always bad. they exist for a reason, not everything should have the same standard.

Yeah, when Rondo acts like a brat, it's funny. When Lebron does it, it's douchy. Two different people, two different personalities, two different standards.

Flash3
02-14-2011, 04:46 PM
funny ****

footballer2369
02-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I hate when people complain about double standards, as if they're always bad. they exist for a reason, not everything should have the same standard.

Yeah, when Rondo acts like a brat, it's funny. When Lebron does it, it's douchy. Two different people, two different personalities, two different standards.

It's funny to you but douchy to others. The reverse is true as well- hence double standard.

Fnom11
02-14-2011, 04:48 PM
As a Heat fan, it was still fine. However once he got pushed away the first time he should've just walked away, anything after that is him starting conflict.

Atticus Finch
02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
As a Heat fan, it was still fine. However once he got pushed away the first time he should've just walked away, anything after that is him starting conflict.

Starting conflict is pushing somebody for doing something completely legal.

Rivera
02-14-2011, 04:52 PM
i absoloutley loved the way rondo played yesterday showed his leadership and grit yesterday

and i have no problem with rondo taking a peek in the miami huddle

i have a problem with miami doing nothing about it no message no getting in rondos face no forcing rondo out no putting rondo on his *** when rondo attacked the hoop

PS i do think the "flagrant" call on wade was BS that was a hard box out slightly exaggerated by KG sending a message to KG after KG sending a message to miami after the hard pick....that flagrant call is the reason why the NBA is soft today

AKAYaReal
02-14-2011, 05:00 PM

Thank you! Anyone who loved and watched basketball before it was reduced to this half of a shell that it is now would see this and love how he GOT in the head of the opposing team.

This is no different then players guarding each other and talking **** to each other all game to get in each others head.

Im not even a Rondo fan in the least but I respect moves like this to get in the opponents head. What I respect even more than a move like this is a response from the player(s) that it was done to that shows that they cant be rattled and up for the challenge.

jiggin
02-14-2011, 05:06 PM

it wasn't a time out...so...he can't be in that part of the court? In fact, if the coaches were on the floor at that time, THEY were in the wrong...not Rondo, technically.

Mishmin
02-14-2011, 05:07 PM

I would agree with that. At the same time, you got to respect Rondo for his balls. He really got in Lebron's head and in doing so, continued to be the controller of the game. Rondo put his stamp down yesterday.

AKAYaReal
02-14-2011, 05:10 PM
i absoloutley loved the way rondo played yesterday showed his leadership and grit yesterday

and i have no problem with rondo taking a peek in the miami huddle

i have a problem with miami doing nothing about it no message no getting in rondos face no forcing rondo out no putting rondo on his *** when rondo attacked the hoop

PS i do think the "flagrant" call on wade was BS that was a hard box out slightly exaggerated by KG sending a message to KG after KG sending a message to miami after the hard pick....that flagrant call is the reason why the NBA is soft today

My brother from another mother. And this is why I see nothing wrong with it.

I didnt see the game but I did see when Rondo caught a mean screen from Big Z and Z just kinda stood over him to send a message. If it was done after the Rondo huddle thing then its all warranted in my book just like the foul Wade gave KG but the problem with the league now is the Refs and how they call calls now a days. Takes away from hard nose bball.

BkOriginalOne
02-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Love it.

Niro
02-14-2011, 05:13 PM
why not?

on the other hand if lebron did that psd would have 352 threads about what kind of ******* lebron is..

but hey i love it, its kinda dirty but not forbidden and if the other team doesnt do anything about it its a nice advantage for your team

BucktownUSA
02-14-2011, 05:13 PM
RONDO > CHRIS PAUL
hahaha this move by rondo was classic. i love his character. he's a punk in the making learning from the best, KG.

AntiG
02-14-2011, 05:14 PM
He was just razzing LeBron for doing it all the time.

D Roses Bulls
02-14-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't like it...... I think it's disrespectful.

xxcubs22xx
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Honestly I wouldn't even call him a punk.

He just has such a great will to win, and take matters into his own hands. He's the type of player that will do anything that gives him an advantage, and that is admirable. He can get out of line sometimes, but his intensity is unmatched which is why he is regarded as a top 5 pg.

Minimal
02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Rondo is one of my favourite players out there... But that was a lame punk move, you're a professional, who gets paid a lot, not a street baller so act respectful.

Mishmin
02-14-2011, 05:21 PM

He just has such a great will to win, and take matters into his own hands. He's the type of player that will do anything that gives him an advantage, and that is admirable. He can get out of line sometimes, but his intensity is unmatched which is why he is regarded as a top 5 pg.

I didn't think bulls fans could say such kind words for Rondo...

KingPosey
02-14-2011, 05:24 PM
It was just D-Baggish, nothing else.

hyb152
02-14-2011, 05:25 PM

i think this was a great psychological trick, the bothered Lamebron on defense which i applaud Rondo for but this was entertaining and annoyed the heat and that disrupted their offense. Im a Laker fan but Bravo Rondo, Bravo.

Haha I think it's funny how you say you're a laker fan to make it look like you're actually giving credit to a celtic. But you're really just giving credit to a celtic because he was messing with lebron, someone you hate more than a celtic. You're not fooling anyone lol. As for rondo's peek, I thought it was alright. But it didn't really bother Lebron on defense dude. You're basically saying that one trick disrupted the heat's entire offense. I applaud the great celtic defense, not Rondo's peek. And Rondo didn't bother Lebron on defense by himself. Every time Lebron got the ball in the post, Perkins would double team and force Lebron to pass. That's great celtic team defense. That's what disrupted Miami's offense...not rondo's peek. LOL

Edit: ps-that type of defense is Boston's trademark

Dade County
02-14-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't think what Rondo did had any affect on the HEAT...

I really don't care about that situation, my mind is on Wade playing better against Boston.

Atticus Finch
02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't even think what Rondo did was disrespectful whatsoever. The heat tried to get a free timeout, Spoelstra gathered his players on the court when he himself wasn't even supposed to be on the court. If you're going to try to go around the rules to gain an advantage then you can't complain when somebody from the other team does something about it. If the heat wanted to make sure Rondo couldn't hear what was being said they should have called a timeout, it's as simple as that.

Kobes a Killer
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Nothing wrong with it, they didn't call a timeout, Rondo was alowed to be anywhere on the floor he wanted to

I've done the same thing and caught a glimpse of the other teams play (actually in my case they were taking an extra long time out and my 5 were ready to go waiting for them and the refs were telling them to hurry up) so I wandered over and took a look at their set play

Nothing wrong with what he did, the other team putting their hands on him was more wrong in my opinion

NYY 26 to 7
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
My question is why is a team and coaches huddling or being allowed to huddle without a time out. A couple guys going to talk to coach during foul shots sure but the whole team and assistants on the floor - good job Rondo - I still hate everyone on the Celtics but I like the no bs play ball and get in their head.

netsgiantsyanks
02-14-2011, 05:35 PM
who cares to be honest? it was a bit funny, and thats about it. :shrug:

Pierzynski4Prez
02-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Haha I think it's funny how you say you're a laker fan to make it look like you're actually giving credit to a celtic. But you're really just giving credit to a celtic because he was messing with lebron, someone you hate more than a celtic. You're not fooling anyone lol. As for rondo's peek, I thought it was alright. But it didn't really bother Lebron on defense dude. You're basically saying that one trick disrupted the heat's entire offense. I applaud the great celtic defense, not Rondo's peek. And Rondo didn't bother Lebron on defense by himself. Every time Lebron got the ball in the post, Perkins would double team and force Lebron to pass. That's great celtic team defense. That's what disrupted Miami's offense...not rondo's peek. LOL

Edit: ps-that type of defense is Boston's trademark

Why does that even matter? Inform me where the Lakers-Heat rivalry has surpassed the Lakers-Celtics rivalry.

Kashmir13579
02-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Like I said, no clue why I don't like him. Never have, not even in college. He is an amazing player though.

fair enough

Pierzynski4Prez
02-14-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't even think what Rondo did was disrespectful whatsoever. The heat tried to get a free timeout, Spoelstra gathered his players on the court when he himself wasn't even supposed to be on the court. If you're going to try to go around the rules to gain an advantage then you can't complain when somebody from the other team does something about it. If the heat wanted to make sure Rondo couldn't hear what was being said they should have called a timeout, it's as simple as that.

Good point, if you're trying to get a quick/cheap advantage, you can't be mad at someone else for doing the same.

sp1derm00
02-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I would have been pissed if he tried pulling that on the Lakers, but against any other team, and especially the Heat, he gets props from me.

LakersMaster24
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Cant stand Van Gundy. The guy hates on everyone and everything that doesnt have the words Lebron James or Miami Heat in it.

dodgersuck
02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Rondo is a huge douche

Minimal
02-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Why does that even matter? Inform me where the Lakers-Heat rivalry has surpassed the Lakers-Celtics rivalry.
Well Kobe-LeBron rivalry surpassed any other rivalry long time ago, thats what he ment. He likes what Rondo did just because he hates LeBron, whos main Kobe rival, more than Celtics.

Tony_Starks
02-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Cant stand Van Gundy. The guy hates on everyone and everything that doesnt have the words Lebron James or Miami Heat in it.

He's a coach man, no coach is going to condone that kinda punk move. Rondo's own coach was even calling him to back off.

thekmp211
02-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Really? Because he seems to be a bit of a Heat Homer to me.

i dunno, i think it relates back to the magic. i'd say he prefers orlando to boston, a team he apparently just can't stand.

tangent12
02-14-2011, 06:03 PM
***** move by a ***** *****.

SeoulBeatz
02-14-2011, 06:03 PM
technically he was allowed to do it, but still a juvenile move.

Stay classy Celtics.

GMEN4EVER
02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
That was pretty funny. I liked how he got pushed away and just circled around and came back. It's totally legal too.

D-Will4Prez
02-14-2011, 06:05 PM
:laugh::laugh:

That's awesome Rondo.

Jewelz0376
02-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Bardo said this on 1st take and i agree... Big Z or Howard should have laid Rondo out the next play after he did that... That's Rondo showing no respect for the Heat...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I laught. :)

nshush
02-14-2011, 06:08 PM

Nice way to open a thread.

Arch Stanton
02-14-2011, 06:19 PM

Didn't Barkley call Miamis big 3 punks for doing what they did this past summer. Now that's a punk move. Not Rondo. At what Rondo did was legal.

Akuhpelluh
02-14-2011, 06:19 PM
I personally thought it was hysterical. Seemed like a very chippy old school basketball game.

With Ilgauskas laying out a hard pick and then Garnett laying one out on the Heat. Rondo being a pest around the huddle during the stoppage.

It's pretty clear that these two teams just flat out do not like each other.

I for one think this is going to be a VERY interesting NBA Playoffs.

Heat - Magic, Heat - Celtics, Heat- Lakers, Lakers - Celtics.

Unless the Spurs wipe the floor with everyone and take the fun out of it all. I love them, they play great TEAM basketball, but they are just so....boring.

championships
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Rondo is hanging out with Belichick too much.

nshush
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
I love Rondo's game. As a Heat fan I appreciated that move. He is a fierce competitor and one of the toughest guys in the league. Certainly the best defensive PG in the league.

hugepatsfan
02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I thought it was funny. A total ***** move, but he didn't break any rules. I laughed.

bigsams50
02-14-2011, 06:25 PM

He triple-doubled against them. I doubt he's 'mad'

Thegame187
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM

I wouldn't worry about having a bad name, you are the most hated fans in the NBA, and that includes teh Heat.......None of that will change by one of you bashing on James

AddiX
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't mind what Rondo did, Boston knows that Mia is going to be a team they'll see in the playoffs and there treating them like a rival. That's why they won 3 and Mia won 0.

On the flip side, someone from Mia should of went at him.

The Flash
02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Rondo looks like a homeless crackhead ...Don't mean to be rude but thats what i see when i watch him

Lu's Dynasty
02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
The issue isn't if it's abiding by the rules. He can do this all he wants given such an opportunity. It's easy to do stuff like this in today's game because it's less likely that any actual retaliation will come of it. Sure, go ahead and act that way. I would not have a problem with it if this were Rondo doing it and the NBA was like it was 20 years ago. It's one thing to do it knowing there's little chance anything will come of it anyway, but it's another thing when the next time you play you know your *** is getting beat the next two or three trips inside the lane. There really won't be any consequences.

Hustlenomics
02-14-2011, 07:10 PM

Well that was obvious and that's why your opinion on Rondos game can't be taken too seriously because you clearly have a problem with him

netsgiantsyanks
02-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Rondo looks like a homeless crackhead ...Don't mean to be rude but thats what i see when i watch him

he can look like rupaul for all i care, hes still a beast.

flclfanman
02-14-2011, 07:15 PM
I thought it was funny.

If a goofball like Dwight Howard or Shaq did it nobody would care.

Better yet Miami, how bout you dont draw up your play ON THE DAMN COURT, was the bench area contaminated? :laugh2:

HouRealCoach
02-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Rondo was just disrupted by his team HORRIBLE play so that was his only choice is to sneak into their huddle LMAO!!!

Rondo is an ***... He thinks he can do whatever because he THINKS he is better than everyone... Ive said it before and I will say it again, I can name 10 PGs better than Rondo and when the big three he will go back to being unknown again

Trace
02-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Ahhahahahaha, nothing wrong with that. :P

netsgiantsyanks
02-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Rondo was just disrupted by his team HORRIBLE play so that was his only choice is to sneak into their huddle LMAO!!!

Rondo is an ***... He thinks he can do whatever because he THINKS he is better than everyone... Ive said it before and I will say it again, I can name 10 PGs better than Rondo and when the big three he will go back to being unknown again

:k:

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
haha yea that was great..lol

Tony_Starks
02-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Im starting to actually think that Rondo will probably have a mustache before he has a jumper.... and that aint no time soon!

D1JM
02-14-2011, 07:38 PM
everyone is making it seem like if rondo peeking won them the game. like if doc rivers and his assistant dont watch countless hours of film to study the heat:rolleyes:

Raph12
02-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Funny as hell...

BeantownBill
02-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Have your Mom make you a sandwich and give you a hug, you'll feel better in no time.

I loved hearing Doc yelling 'Rondo! Rondo!' in the background trying to get his attention. Funny as hell. Watching him guard LeBron (did a nice job, too) was also extremely entertaining.

bigsams50
02-14-2011, 07:54 PM

I can think of 4 better PG's, but 6 more? No way

goose15
02-14-2011, 07:58 PM
I think Rondo is a little sneek.. :D

Phenomenonsense
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
It's war, not a friendly game of old maid. That which isn't deemed against the rules is fair play. Perhaps they should have called a timeout instead of trying to use other people's time to make their plays? It's a smart play by Rondo.

meloman1592
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
That **** was soooooooooooo funny..he looked like a little kid. The only way you could possibly have a problem with that is if youre a depressed heat fan.

The Flash
02-14-2011, 08:41 PM
That **** was soooooooooooo funny..he looked like a little kid. The only way you could possibly have a problem with that is if youre a depressed heat fan.

Big Baby's dunk was also funny

WHODAT8o8
02-14-2011, 08:48 PM

Off topic but I like ur sig... It shows that even wen we botch Lay ups/dunks we still beat u guys

hugepatsfan
02-14-2011, 09:04 PM
Big Baby's dunk was also funny

Of course it was. He got stuffed by the rim. I fail to see how that is relevent to this topic though...

hyb152
02-14-2011, 09:15 PM

It's more of the fact that most laker fans hate lebron, but they hated lebron BEFORE he left cleveland because he was stealing all of kobe's thunder the past 2-3 seasons. So laker fans have always had that bias when it came to anything lebron. That's why I thought it was funny he made it look like he was praising a celtic when in reality, he was just doing it because it was anti-lebron.

hyb152
02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Well Kobe-LeBron rivalry surpassed any other rivalry long time ago, thats what he ment. He likes what Rondo did just because he hates LeBron, whos main Kobe rival, more than Celtics.

Thank you for understanding lol. Very well said man

Ari Gold
02-14-2011, 09:17 PM
hate rondo, but good move.

KnicksR4Real
02-14-2011, 09:24 PM
i agreee i loved what i did, very funyy. howver i still hate rondo

knicks=love
02-14-2011, 09:29 PM
hahahha this is something i do. coming from a die hard knicks fan, i love rondo. he's ****ing hilarious

Hustlenomics
02-14-2011, 09:48 PM

classic post, but why stop at 10 pgs? I'm sure you can name 20 better !

Albrecht Duerer
02-14-2011, 10:05 PM
When you gotta go, you gotta go.

bomber0104
02-14-2011, 10:25 PM
another Celtic pulling off another stupid stunt.. doesn't surprise me. these punks have no respect for anyone.. and i'm a heat hater

Lim
02-15-2011, 12:38 AM
im just shocked that rondo has a sense of humor

iggypop123
02-15-2011, 01:58 AM
rondo probably knows he can only get away with that in the nba. any other setting his jaw is probably lying in the ground.

knightstemplar
02-15-2011, 02:06 AM
whodat8o8, pau gasol is way better than kg, its not 2008 no more son,
pau owned kg in last years final...suck it

What?
02-15-2011, 02:21 AM
I think Rondo is a punk but this was kind of funny. I don't think it got in the heat players heads as much as some people seem to think

sunsfan88
02-15-2011, 02:25 AM
What's there to think?

They were probably discussing about employing a hack-a-rondo strategy in the huddle anyway.

Arch Stanton
02-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Rondo owned the Heat that game. Triple double. LeBron missing the important free throw. And here's Windhorst Tweet from today:
LeBron was in dour mood today during light workout in Indy. Said he was still feeling Celtics loss.

hoggin88
02-15-2011, 02:30 AM
I have to say, I find this pretty funny although annoying at the same time. But if Rose or any other Bull did it I would be embarrassed.

koLohe2133
02-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Props to rondo...

To the haters who call this a punk move: the decision was a punk move.

Heat can't even beat the celtics when pierce only scores one point?

Hahahaha enjoy golfing early heatles

Arch Stanton
02-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Props to rondo...

Totally Agree. Like LeBron never did anything like that before. Remember in the playoffs when the Cavs were against the Wizards and LeBron went up to Arenas, who was shooting free throws, and told him he was going to miss his free throws. I guess it's okay for LeBron but not Rondo. Because LeBron is David Sterns Golden Boy!

sciferguy
02-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Rondo wasnt trying to cheat. He was simply calling them out on trying to get a free timeout. Nba has gone soft and I think its fans are following because the ones that are upset saying rondo didnt show any respect...why should he? Its not a friends game..its a competitors game...the heat saying they are going to reach 72 W's is more disrespectful then what rondo did...he is a competitor who shows no respect to opposing teams and to what people say about him or what he cant do...thats old school...keep proving them wrong rondo

John Walls Era
02-15-2011, 03:08 AM
JVG :laugh2: but yeah someone should've clocked him. Magloire should've since its no big deal if he gets suspended.

a4anthony
02-15-2011, 03:10 AM
It's legal so it's fine, the only people that have a problem with it are just rival team fans (lakers, heat, knicks, not all but some)

jmtapia
02-15-2011, 03:11 AM
this is hilarious.

Kyben36
02-15-2011, 03:24 AM
I have a bit of a problem with it personaly, not becuase of Rondo, but becuase of what he was incinuating. I guese that if you are having a team huddle, for the most part, it to make changes to try and 1up your oponent, but if your oponent already knows what your trying to do, its not realy fair. now, I think it was more joking around and thats fine, but if it was crunch time and this was big, I would not like it, however, it technicaly wanst a timeout, and rondo is allowed ot go on the floor wherever he wants, so in this case, seeing as it technicaly allowed, I will let it slide, however, if he tried this **** durring a timeout, I would knock his *** out.

JayW_1023
02-15-2011, 03:52 AM
Rondo plays with so much heart. He is the most fun payer to watch in the NBA along with Manu, mainly because he is so fearless and crafty.

ChiSox219
02-15-2011, 03:57 AM

Since this is PSD, does that make you move of a Rose fan everyday?

SoxRTattedOnMe
02-15-2011, 05:38 AM
JVG :laugh2: but yeah someone should've clocked him. Magloire should've since its no big deal if he gets suspended.

Yeah that would of been the smart thing to do huh?? Free throws plus possesion huh.. I find it funny those saying whomever should clock him when he drives lol I'd love to see that when our other 2 centers come back lol

hugepatsfan
02-15-2011, 09:06 AM
I don't think he really saw the clipboard. I think he was just trying to mess w/ the Heat. I'm sure he heard stuff, but that's MIA's own fault for having a team huddle on the court. That's what the bench area is for. ***** move, but not illegal and pretty funny too.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I thought it was brilliant! I laughed and totally got what he was doing. distracting the guys in the huddle, getting a little info (though seriously, every time the NBA games go in the huddle all I here is: We gotta play tighter D, and work on the transition, and generalities like that, so I'm sure he didnt get much out of it.

Still, you gotta love in ingenuity!

greek miami hea
02-15-2011, 11:06 AM
rondo is a punk.end of the story

NickyNick
02-15-2011, 11:20 AM

awwwww you mad?? are you mad your 0-3 vs boston??

CostanzaNumba0
02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I love this, even as a knicks fan i feel no animosity towards the celtics, they did it right with smart trades and phenomenal late round drafting (the only team that is in the same universe with finding talent in the late rounds is san antonio),, rondo is the man this is completely legal and all part of the celtics superior winning attitude,, winning is about more than talent, lebron obviously is the most talented player in the league, most talented ever imo, but he doesnt have that killer streak that these celts personify,, noone is scared that lebron is going to take a swing or ***** them out,, the same can not be said about the guys in green,,, i love players that will do anything to win,, theyve got a great bunch up there in beantown

Pierzynski4Prez
02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah that would of been the smart thing to do huh?? Free throws plus possesion huh.. I find it funny those saying whomever should clock him when he drives lol I'd love to see that when our other 2 centers come back lol

If its Rondo shooting those free throws, no biggie.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
awwwww you mad?? are you mad your 0-3 vs boston??

:clap:

02-15-2011, 11:40 AM

14 of the last 15

WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-15-2011, 01:33 PM
he and pierce are cool
I HATE ALLEN & KG...

people use 'hate' waaay too much on PSD. why do you hate Ray Allen, he slap yo momma?

I don't like it...... I think it's disrespectful.

:cry:

Rondo is one of my favourite players out there... But that was a lame punk move, you're a professional, who gets paid a lot, not a street baller so act respectful.

I've seen Tim Duncan do that on many occasions and the consesus is, he is one of the most professional in the NBA.

Props to rondo...

^^

mjt20mik
02-15-2011, 01:36 PM
NO timeout, so it's fine. I found it hilarious!

mjt20mik
02-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Totally Agree. Like LeBron never did anything like that before. Remember in the playoffs when the Cavs were against the Wizards and LeBron went up to Arenas, who was shooting free throws, and told him he was going to miss his free throws. I guess it's okay for LeBron but not Rondo. Because LeBron is David Sterns Golden Boy!

Yeah. Let's get pissed at Rondo for doing something legal, but applaud Lebron's dancing act.

lol

:facepalm:

adj3369
02-15-2011, 01:51 PM
i like ppl who understand and practice gamesmanship...gamesmanship > sportsmanship

whitemamba33
02-15-2011, 02:02 PM
I think it's fine as long as he understands that he's going to be labeled for the things he does on the court. If he's willing to accept that, I have no real problem with it. As long as he doesn't show up in an interview in a few years saying "I don't know why i'm so hated".

avrpatsfan
02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
How did he cheat? :facepalm:

avrpatsfan
02-15-2011, 02:14 PM

jrm2054
02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
i hate the celtics but i love rondo he is great and this was awesome.

Corey
02-15-2011, 05:07 PM
People are honestly mad that he walked up to an unofficial huddle that the Heat tried to have when there wasn't even a timeout?

Interesting.

MagicHero3
02-15-2011, 05:10 PM
lol i thought it was a joke. It looked like something Pierce or Garnett would do; I like Rondo, but this pissed me off. I hope he doesnt start becoming a scumbag like Garnett though. it was funny at first than its just like, "BRO, you look like a rat". Nobody looks good in Rondo's shoes after what he did; he just looks annoying.

Gram
02-15-2011, 06:17 PM
I fell on the ground laughing lol.

Anilyzer
02-15-2011, 07:48 PM
he was trying to be cute, as usual. Like when they push him away, he kind of has his hands in his pockets and peeks in again like "but I'm so cute, you gotta let me see. Pleeeeez"

*sigh* if Boston is gonna win ugly with defense and pushing and fouling every play they should just stick to that and not try to do the "Rush Hour 4 -- Smurf's Day Off" thing or whatever

Raps18-19 Champ
02-15-2011, 07:57 PM
I think it was G of him.

But we all know if Lebron did it, he'd be getting bare ****.

RZZZA
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
he was trying to be cute, as usual. Like when they push him away, he kind of has his hands in his pockets and peeks in again like "but I'm so cute, you gotta let me see. Pleeeeez"

*sigh* if Boston is gonna win ugly with defense and pushing and fouling every play they should just stick to that and not try to do the "Rush Hour 4 -- Smurf's Day Off" thing or whatever

I've never seen such sour grapes in my life. It's not just 1 game the heat have lost against the celtics, it's 3. Even IF boston only won because of the things you just said...pushing and fouling, shouldn't the heat adjust to that and find some way to beat them?

Kashmir13579
02-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I think it was G of him.

But we all know if Lebron did it, he'd be getting bare ****.

a lot of people have been saying this.... but lets face it, its not in Lebron's MO to pull stuff like this. He NEVER would.

i mean this in the most polite non-baiting way possible...
Bron is a scared little ***** compared to Rondo.

shizzle09
02-15-2011, 08:08 PM
I thought it was hilarious. Thats how they do things there in Boston. You know... spygate.

tr3ymill3r
02-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Unless it's a timeout, you can't tell him not to go over to that part of the court. I used to do it all the time in high school and college.

pd1dish
02-15-2011, 08:24 PM
completely legal, and cheap........

......but i kind of like it

pd1dish
02-15-2011, 08:28 PM
People are honestly mad that he walked up to an unofficial huddle that the Heat tried to have when there wasn't even a timeout?

Interesting.

i think the only people who are really mad about it are heat fans. but lets face it, heat fans get mad about everything, even things that have nothing to do with their team.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Sittin at the top of the East and still *****ing. smh

CowboysKB24
02-15-2011, 09:52 PM

I thought it was hilarious. It was a harmless joke. Not every player could have pulled it off and made it comical. The fact that Rondo is one of the smallest players in the league makes it funny. He also did a great job at putting pressure on the ball handlers in that game. I was impressed.

tredigs
02-15-2011, 10:13 PM
I didn't even bother to open this until now, but a multi-day thread of 180+ replies? For this? It's a non-story; just a funny anecdote of gamesmanship in a much bigger story. I suppose all the debate is simply because it was done by the best player on the best team in the NBA against the most enthralling team in the NBA - but really - it was neither good nor bad of him, just a lil' random comedy to intersperse the grind of the game.

hugepatsfan
02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
I thought it was hilarious. It was a harmless joke. Not every player could have pulled it off and made it comical. The fact that Rondo is one of the smallest players in the league makes it funny. He also did a great job at putting pressure on the ball handlers in that game. I was impressed.

Yeah I was really impressed w/ that too. And he wasn't pressuring a PG. He was pressuring the best player in the NBA - a 6'8" 250 lb fukin SF!!! I'm a huge Rondo fan, but if someone told me before the game that Rondo would be switched onto Lebron I'd tell them that Doc needs to be slapped. lol

gotoHcarolina52
02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Rajon Ronda licks Paula Pierce's hole.

footballer2369
02-15-2011, 10:45 PM
People should read the truth about the Rondo switching onto Lebron thing (there's a write-up on the Heat Index about it). It wasn't effective. The Heat got an open look every possession. They just failed to hit their shots. It was luck/off shooting more than anything else.

nolafan33
02-15-2011, 10:47 PM
It's not something I'd want to see every game, but every once and a while I'm fine with it. It didn't break any rules, and it helped get into the Heats heads.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-15-2011, 10:47 PM
a lot of people have been saying this.... but lets face it, its not in Lebron's MO to pull stuff like this. He NEVER would.

That's only because Rondo is a straight up goon. Anyone compared to Rondo is a *****.

stlbest5in2013
02-15-2011, 11:19 PM
i could be mistken, but didnt lebron james do this same thing last year in the 1st round vs the bulls.

again i could be wrong but i know somebody on this heat team has recently done the same thing in the playoffs.

but here comes the heat fans, i mean the band wagon fans, to say its wrong, or dirty, or classless, even i read cheating. now that the big 2.5 are in miami

RCarlson85
02-15-2011, 11:42 PM
It was a total ***** move and disgusted me. He is a complete douche bag. Maybe he should spend less time being a douche bag and more time working on his ****** jump shot so people actually have to defend him.

footballer2369
02-15-2011, 11:44 PM
i could be mistken, but didnt lebron james do this same thing last year in the 1st round vs the bulls.

again i could be wrong but i know somebody on this heat team has recently done the same thing in the playoffs.

but here comes the heat fans, i mean the band wagon fans, to say its wrong, or dirty, or classless, even i read cheating. now that the big 2.5 are in miami

The Bulls shouldn't have wasted all that time, the series was over before it started ;).

Apophis
02-15-2011, 11:58 PM
There wasn't a timeout. If you want to huddle and talk strategy about why you're getting kicked, then call a timeout..

I thought it was really funny...Van Gundy needs to stfu..

avrpatsfan
02-16-2011, 12:00 AM
It was a total ***** move and disgusted me. He is a complete douche bag. Maybe he should spend less time being a douche bag and more time working on his ****** jump shot so people actually have to defend him.
But it's OK if Lebron does it right?

To be fair Lebron did it all the time in Cleveland. I know he did it to the Celtics a few times as I watching those games.

footballer2369
02-16-2011, 12:02 AM

To be fair Lebron did it all the time in Cleveland. I know he did it to the Celtics a few times as I watching those games.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Kashmir13579
02-16-2011, 12:03 AM
That's only because Rondo is a straight up goon. Anyone compared to Rondo is a *****.

LOL exactly, my friend. exactly

RipCity32
02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
I've seen Rasheed do that before,Good stuff

Arch Stanton
02-16-2011, 12:28 AM

LeBron did similar antics in the playoffs against the Wizards. When he walked up to Arenas, while Arenas was shooting free throws, and told Arenas he was going to miss his free throws. Which he did!

Arch Stanton
02-16-2011, 12:29 AM

Douchebag or not. He still got a triple double. You can't say he wasn't affective.

RCarlson85
02-16-2011, 12:31 AM

No, I don't care who does it, it's a ***** move. I don't recall ever seeing it done before, especially not to that extend. So if you can find some proof that Lebron did it, I would like to see it.

*Superman*
02-16-2011, 12:31 AM
who cares.

avrpatsfan
02-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Pics or it didn't happen.

http://www.celticstown.com/2010/04/05/celtics-cavs-exhibit-rare-emotion-in-easter-thriller/
So Lebron did it in a menacing way unlike Rondo who was messing around.

Arch Stanton
02-16-2011, 01:05 AM
As Lebron jawed with every Celtic in sight, once even going into the Celtics’ huddle to continue his line of trash talk, you could see it clearly: Lebron wants what the Celtics once earned. And he wants it badly.

joeshmoe
02-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Lots of hating in this thread; per usual in Boston based sports thread. Seems to be a trend!

Rondo didn't do anything wrong, per the rules. I think it's good study of the rules and it's written that way for a purpose. I would support Lebron doing the same to the Celtics, had Boston not called a timeout.

Per Rondo's jumper...you are scared of when he does get the jumper. He will be unstoppable. Right now he doesn't always need to score, and looks for others to score too much. Watching the Celtics every game; Doc wants nothing more than for Rondo to shoot the ball.

Super.
02-16-2011, 01:58 AM

Bold... I am not a fan of Bush League bs...

He does play in Boston... He must have learned it from the football coach there.

:laugh: Cheating? It was completely legal. You people are just mad, and it's rather funny.

Can't let go of the past either? Apparently people are just jealous of the sucess that Boston has. Please continue to hate. We feed them to KG, The Big.Bad.Bruins, and Bill Belichick

RZZZA
02-16-2011, 02:04 AM
your big bad bruins cost me large tonight

got beat by the LEAFS. the leafs, seriously? at home, too.

BcEuAbRsS
02-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Its legal... who cares :shrug:

dodie53
02-16-2011, 04:53 AM
funny.

Gambeezy
02-16-2011, 05:14 AM

Respectable post until the end. No need for pot shots at Heat fans when the thread asks what your respective opinion is regarding the incident.

MagicHero3
02-16-2011, 10:18 AM
I thought it was hilarious. Thats how they do things there in Boston. You know... spygate.

lol niiice

avrpatsfan
02-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Somebody's still sore.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-16-2011, 10:56 AM

whoa. ^^^ that boy is angry

maybe if you actually defended him HE WOULDNT HAVE HAD A TRIPLE DOUBLE. stop making your fellow Heat fans look like a buncha whiny girls

nycsports2
02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
loved it lol