PDA

View Full Version : LMA - Proved you wrong?

valade16
02-14-2011, 03:14 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge didn't make the All-Star game, with David Stern choosing to invite Kevin Love instead in place of Yao Ming.

Many people have stated that this was the correct choice because Kevin Love has ridiculous rebounding numbers to go along with a great 3-pt%.

However, has LMA changed anyone's opinion of whether he should've got the spot in light of his lights out play in February.

He's averaging 29.5 ppg (4 of 7 games over 36 points) on 57.8% shooting.

And the Blazers are 5-2 in that span (won 4 straight) including wins over San Antonio and Chicago.

To me that is unreal production from a guy who was expected to drop 18 ppg this year. Your thoughts...

iggypop123
02-14-2011, 03:24 AM
what did kevin love do in that time span? i dont know but how can you deny the guy who leads the league in rebounds and is averaging 20 and 15.

Bulls_fan90
02-14-2011, 03:29 AM
My only problem with Love is his team dosen't win. He's a beast of a player and he's got a great attitude. I liked Aldridge until he cried like a baby when he didn't make the All-Star team.

valade16
02-14-2011, 03:29 AM
what did kevin love do in that time span? i dont know but how can you deny the guy who leads the league in rebounds and is averaging 20 and 15.

Good question, in that time span he is averaging 19 ppg and 14.7 rpg, or slightly below his season average.

John Walls Era
02-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Its tough. But ultimately team record should be the reason Love doesn't make it. Doesn't everyone say that winning is the most important? Don't get me wrong I really like Love, but his team just stinks.

DoJoTheSlasher
02-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Well, Brandon Roy's pretty much been a non factor so someone has to step up but yeah, he has been unreal. Dirk Nowitzki will most likely not play due to protection from his injury so Aldridge will get selected to replace him. Duncan may not play as well so LaMarcus Aldridge has potentially 2 spots he can fill.

Lim
02-14-2011, 03:38 AM
nope.. love is still more deserving. we haven't seen someone put up atleast 20 ppg and atleast 15 rpg since 1982(at least that's what i think hawkeye said) bad team or not. its still ludicrous that he didn't get picked the first time.

Trace
02-14-2011, 03:42 AM
You can't deny Love's statistics no matter how well LA is playing. You could probably make a case for LA if you compared him to Tim Duncan. It's really hard to make a solid choice as you're sure to miss out on another player. West is just loaded with forwards. Sorry LA.

Melo 26.5 ppg on 48% shooting while winning the division and he wasn't an AS that year so...

Stop QQ'ing and suck it up and no he hasn't proved anyone wrong.

Doogolas
02-14-2011, 03:43 AM
:shrug: I still think LMA is overrated.

CityofChaos
02-14-2011, 03:51 AM

:shrug: I still think KEVIN LOVE is overrated.

valade16
02-14-2011, 03:53 AM
You can't deny Love's statistics no matter how well LA is playing. You could probably make a case for LA if you compared him to Tim Duncan. It's really hard to make a solid choice as you're sure to miss out on another player. West is just loaded with forwards. Sorry LA.

Melo 26.5 ppg on 48% shooting while winning the division and he wasn't an AS that year so...

Stop QQ'ing and suck it up and no he hasn't proved anyone wrong.

And maybe not about the All-Star game. That's why I was asking, I wasn't trying to **** your mother so calm down with the QQ'ing statements.

And has he surprised you this year, or did you think he was capable of 25 and 10 (his numbers when Roy is out)?

Trace
02-14-2011, 04:08 AM
And maybe not about the All-Star game. That's why I was asking, I wasn't trying to **** your mother so calm down with the QQ'ing statements.

And has he surprised you this year, or did you think he was capable of 25 and 10 (his numbers when Roy is out)?

Cry more. This did not merit a discussion when it's quite obvious it was a very hard decision to make. There are numerous players of whom deserved that final spot such as Ellis, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Chandler and LA. Just because LA is developing quite nicely it does not in anyway objectify Stern's decision.

He's not exactly the only player putting up good statistics the last seven games

Nash 16.7 ppg and 12 apg while shooting 53% from the field

Love 21.3 ppg and 14.8 rpg while shooting 44% from the three and 97% from the free throw while making 1.5 threes

LA wasn't a clear candidate so there's no way anyone would regret this choice. Kevin Love came out of no where to average these historical numbers whereas the offensive load had to come out of someone in Portland as they do play a higher tempo game than regular teams. LA has always been an effective offensive player with or without BRoy and I figured he'll probably play more minutes because of injuries to their bigs so I expected this of him. There aren't any deviations in his statistics.Whoever didn't think so, obviously knows very little about basketball.

valade16
02-14-2011, 04:14 AM
Cry more. This did not merit a discussion when it's quite obvious it was a very hard decision to make. There are numerous players of whom deserved that final spot such as Ellis, Steve Nash, Tony Parker, Chandler and LA. Just because LA is developing quite nicely it does not in anyway objectify Stern's decision.

He's not exactly the only player putting up good statistics the last seven games

Love 21.3 ppg and 14.8 rpg while shooting 44% from the three and 97% from the free throw while making 1.5 threes

LA wasn't a clear candidate so there's no way anyone would regret this choice.

Sorry but Lamar Odom over LMA for the All-Star game this year is a freaking joke. And besides, Nash, Parker, and Ellis couldn't have made it (from my understanding) because he was going to choose a big man to replace Yao, not a guard.

Also, yes Nash's line of 16 and 12 is impressive, but is it really on the same level as 29.5 ppg?!

Also, if this didn't merit a discussion then why are you discussing it?:eyebrow:

Logic not your strong suit?

DodgerBulls
02-14-2011, 04:16 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge

October - 3 Games

15.7 Pts, 9.7 Reb, .38% Shooting

November - 14 Games

18.9 Pts, 8.0 Reb, 46% Shooting

December - 16 Games

20.4 Pts, 8.6 Reb, .49% Shooting

January - 14 Games

24.9 Pts, 10.4 Reb, .49%

Kevin Love

October - 3 Games

14.0 Pts, 13.0 Reb, .34% Shooting

November - 14 Games

20.1 Pts, 15.4 Reb, .44% Shooting

December - 16 Games

22.7 Pts, 16.1 Reb, .46% Shooting

January - 14 Games

23.6 Pts, 16.0 Reb, .52% Shooting

Matchups

Love(win) - Aldrige

Eff: 43 Oppeff: 29 Diffeff: +14

If you want to look at stats from start of the season and the last month of voting, you're probably blind if you can't see why Love is chosen over Aldridge.

Trace
02-14-2011, 04:21 AM
Sorry but Lamar Odom over LMA for the All-Star game this year is a freaking joke. And besides, Nash, Parker, and Ellis couldn't have made it (from my understanding) because he was going to choose a big man to replace Yao, not a guard.

Also, yes Nash's line of 16 and 12 is impressive, but is it really on the same level as 29.5 ppg?!

Also, if this didn't merit a discussion then why are you discussing it?:eyebrow:

Logic not your strong suit?

Logic is my strong suit. Nice fallacy.
This topic doesn't merit a discussion but you obviously need to know why LA isn't a clear cut candidate when there are numerous options available. This isn't even a subjective debate at all. You can't objectively prove that LA's achievements are in anyway greater than Love's accomplishments.

If you want to talk about win record then Duncan has the upper hand (no one on their team has outstanding statistics but obviously either Duncan, Manu or Parker needed to get in since).
If you want to talk about statistics then Love has the upper hand.

How exactly is 29.5 points impressive when it's in the span of 7 games? Love obviously has the upper hand in almost every statistic and Portland has a better team so in what way are LA's achievements out of the ordinary?

In what world did Odom get in the AS game. You're clueless. Lock this thread.

valade16
02-14-2011, 04:28 AM
This topic doesn't merit a discussion but you obviously need to know why LA isn't a clear cut candidate when there are numerous options available.

How exactly is 29.5 points impressive when it's in the span of 7 games? Love obviously has the upper hand in almost every statistic and Portland has a better team so in what way are LA's achievements out of the ordinary?

You must be confusing this thread with another where somebody thought LMA was a clear cut candidate. I suggest you post in there forum from now on.

This thread was actually me asking if he has proved you wrong (if you thought he didn't deserve it over Love) since his play after he wasn't chosen, very different than what you said...

Also, 29.5 ppg is impressive if it's more than 2 games in the NBA, damn impressive.

I was just asking a simple question, and the only reason I've responded to your post was because of your random hostility and insults at a simple question. But hey, if that's what you do, keep on truckin'...

valade16
02-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Matchups

Love(win) - Aldrige

If you want to look at stats from start of the season and the last month of voting, you're probably blind if you can't see why Love is chosen over Aldridge.

What do those matchup stats mean?

Against the T-Wolves this year, 3 games, LMA is averaging (averaging mind you) 33.7 ppg, 10.7 rpg on 62% shooting.

Not to mention the Blazers won all 3 games...

So I don't know what "matchups" you were referring to, because I think LMA has thoroughly outplayed Love in them...

Trace
02-14-2011, 04:37 AM
You must be confusing this thread with another where somebody thought LMA was a clear cut candidate. I suggest you post in there form now on.

This thread was actually me asking if he has proved you wrong (if you thought he didn't deserve it over Love) since his play after he wasn't chosen, very different than what you said...

Also, 29.5 ppg is impressive if it's more than 2 games in the NBA, damn impressive.

I was just asking a simple question, and the only reason I've responded to your post was because of your random hostility and insults at a simple question. But hey, if that's what you do, keep on truckin'...

The All-Star game is based on your achievements prior to final voting/commish descision so how would any of his achievements now merit any worth?

Kevin Love is still playing consistently and the Spurs are still winning. So its quite obvious, LA will do/has done very little to sway past forum readers. The weakest candidate for the AS , for pf/c, at least is Tim Duncan. However, it would be absurd not to include at least two of the Spurs core for their record (.833) when most teams above .600 have 2 or more players in the AS.

Stop raging from forum posts when it's quite obvious you're QQ'ing for LA. Every post you've made discredits KLove. You haven't given a single reasonable explanation as to why Kevin Love or Tim Duncan aren't as deserving as LA for his spot.

valade16
02-14-2011, 04:41 AM
The All-Star game is based on your achievements prior to voting so how would any of his achievements now merit any worth?

Kevin Love is still playing consistently and the Spurs are still winning. So its quite obvious, LA has done very little to sway past forum readers. The weakest candidates for the AS , for pf/c, at least is Tim Duncan. However, it would be absurd not to include at least some of the Spurs core for their amazing record.

I know the All-Star game is about what you did before you were selected, and IMO both Aldridge and Love deserve the spot and while I'm a Blazer's fan that would've liked to have seen LMA make it I can completely understand why Love made it, because he's a crazy good player.

That being said I was simply asking if his incredible play of late has made anyone reconsider whether he should've made it over Love in their minds.

I guess your answer is a resounding no.

Trace
02-14-2011, 04:46 AM
I know the All-Star game is about what you did before you were selected, and IMO both Aldridge and Love deserve the spot and while I'm a Blazer's fan that would've liked to have seen LMA make it I can completely understand why Love made it, because he's a crazy good player.

That being said I was simply asking if his incredible play of late has made anyone reconsider whether he should've made it over Love in their minds.

I guess your answer is a resounding no.

inb4pplcallyouhomer

You're probably going to get few serious responses after this reply since you're a Blazers fan. You're just going to get flamed for homerism.

Goodnight/morning

BTW
The weakest candidate (Duncan) averages 16.7 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 2.5 blocks and 0.9 steals per 36 with a record of (45-9) so you're taking on quite a task making a case for LA, someone who is playing close to 40 mpg (in contrast LA averages 20 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.3 block and 1 steal per 36 which isn't outstanding compared to Duncan's per 36).

Just imagine what Kevin Love's per 40 would be since he's only playing 36 mpg. Kevin Love could very well be averaging close to 22 and 17.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 09:27 AM
because a small sample size doesn't matter. Love is going for 21+/15+ on 4-+/85+, something never been done in the history of the NBA. He is also reviving records not seen since most of the current NBA players were not even born.

You can't deny Love's stats. Attempting to bring up LMA's stats weakens his argument. The ONLY think Lamarcus has over Love is his roster has gotten him some more wins.

Move on people. You don't leave a record breaker out of the All star game, regardless of team record. The stupid rule about great teams MUST have a bunch of all stars may still exist, but thank god fans of bad teams have a bit of hope if their guy is just totally beasting, and leading the league in several categories.

Btw, Love is 4 double doubles away from tying the modern era streak of 44 by Moses. In case anyone cared....

Heediot
02-14-2011, 09:33 AM
This topic doesn't merit a discussion but you obviously need to know why LA isn't a clear cut candidate when there are numerous options available. This isn't even a subjective debate at all. You can't objectively prove that LA's achievements are in anyway greater than Love's accomplishments.

If you want to talk about win record then Duncan has the upper hand (no one on their team has outstanding statistics but obviously either Duncan, Manu or Parker needed to get in since).
If you want to talk about statistics then Love has the upper hand.

In what world did Odom get in the AS game. You're clueless. Lock this thread.

**** logic, its all abot LOVE!!!

jiggin
02-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Lamarcus Aldridge

October - 3 Games

15.7 Pts, 9.7 Reb, .38% Shooting

November - 14 Games

18.9 Pts, 8.0 Reb, 46% Shooting

December - 16 Games

20.4 Pts, 8.6 Reb, .49% Shooting

January - 14 Games

24.9 Pts, 10.4 Reb, .49%

Kevin Love

October - 3 Games

14.0 Pts, 13.0 Reb, .34% Shooting

November - 14 Games

20.1 Pts, 15.4 Reb, .44% Shooting

December - 16 Games

22.7 Pts, 16.1 Reb, .46% Shooting

January - 14 Games

23.6 Pts, 16.0 Reb, .52% Shooting

Matchups

Love(win) - Aldrige

you do realize that LA played the beginning of the season not being the go to guy, it was brandon roy. LA's play shows why he was drafted AHEAD of brandon roy and that he has been sitting in B.Roys shadow this entire time.

Love IS the offense...while LA has had to share the spotlight this year (and in past years) until B.Roy ended up out.

Why can't people see this? Why do people ignore the fact that a player that plays with ZERO support IS the offense, while a team that has several stars or top players has to distribute the points over the entire group, thus lowering the individual stats....but not making the player any less of a player.

This is where stats suck in my opinion. Any one who actually WATCHES these guys play in several games (or in person) can easily see not only their value but the qualities (beyond the box score) that should make an all-star.

The only "excuse" Stern has for this pick is that Ming was a big man who rebounds, and Love is a closer match to Ming in replacing an "equal type player" than LA is to Ming. If that was the reason, the I would agree...but I doubt that is it.

millerandco
02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
no question...he should be an all star

who wants to see someone grab 20 rebounds in an allstar game????

mttwlsn16
02-14-2011, 10:47 AM
My only problem with Love is his team dosen't win. He's a beast of a player and he's got a great attitude. I liked Aldridge until he cried like a baby when he didn't make the All-Star team.

agreed 100%

he is. his stats are inflated due to injured teammates. when healthy he wont put up the numbers he is now

no question...he should be an all star

who wants to see someone grab 20 rebounds in an allstar game????

he was rewarded for being a beast, whats wrong w that?

The Jokemaker
02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
No he hasn't and I wasn't of the opinion Love should have been in the game either. If anybody got snubbed it's Zach Randolph, end of discussion. Want proof? Look up the stats.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 11:09 AM
No he hasn't and I wasn't of the opinion Love should have been in the game either. If anybody got snubbed it's Zach Randolph, end of discussion. Want proof? Look up the stats.

Love's stats trump Randolph's as well.

The Jokemaker
02-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Love's stats trump Randolph's as well.

Not if you factor in the wins and team success issue. Point of my argument is more about Aldridge getting snubbed when Randolph was the guy who was more deserving of the Allstar nod than Aldridge was. Maybe if somebody on the Grizzlies had whined about it he'd get more attention from the media.

YoungOne
02-14-2011, 11:16 AM

LA wasn't a clear candidate so there's no way anyone would regret this choice. Kevin Love came out of no where to average these historical numbers whereas the offensive load had to come out of someone in Portland as they do play a higher tempo game than regular teams. LA has always been an effective offensive player with or without BRoy and I figured he'll probably play more minutes because of injuries to their bigs so I expected this of him. There aren't any deviations in his statistics.Whoever didn't think so, obviously knows very little about basketball.

portland is 28th in pace, maybe u should do research before posting something :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Not if you factor in the wins and team success issue. Point of my argument is more about Aldridge getting snubbed when Randolph was the guy who was more deserving of the Allstar nod than Aldridge was. Maybe if somebody on the Grizzlies had whined about it he'd get more attention from the media.

you said look at his stats. Love's are better.

I understand the whole wins thing. But LMA has vets who lead that team in crunch time, and simply a better roster than Love does. So does Randolph. Love IS the leader of the Wolves in every facet, at 22. You can't expect a team like that to get a lot of wins yet.

Love's numbers are something never seen. He can't be ignored for the all star game when his advanced, and basic stats, show him having arguably the best statistics in the NBA. He leads in numerous categories, and is in the top 10-15 in others that big men who rebound like he does have no business being in.

Simply put, Love, individually, is having a historic season. You can't ignore him for the all star game because he is on the youngest roster in the NBA, and a team that suffering huge growing pains.

Would a 22 year old LMA be able to handle being the leader, and best player and have those numbers, inside and out? Absolutely not. Nobody ever has.

At this point of Randolph's career, whether its fair or not, his well deserved reputation of being a selfish player who fills it up on bad teams is just not going to allow the voters to give him the nod. Randolph will forever be left off all star teams for the same reason Duncan could make it at age 80. Reputation. Fair? nope. But that is the way it goes.

bears88
02-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Kevin Love no doubt about it

The Jokemaker
02-14-2011, 11:25 AM
To avoid requoting everything, I'm not against the Love addition to the team, he has had a great year and everything. I said the thing about wins simply because thats the argument against him but again, I'm not saying Love shouldn't be on the team. My main beef is that Aldridge is seen as the poor boy left on the team when Randolph deserves it more than Aldridge.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 11:27 AM
To avoid requoting everything, I'm not against the Love addition to the team, he has had a great year and everything. I said the thing about wins simply because thats the argument against him but again, I'm not saying Love shouldn't be on the team. My main beef is that Aldridge is seen as the poor boy left on the team when Randolph deserves it more than Aldridge.

fair enough. Randolph has had two very good years in a row now. But as I said, he will be unfairly evaluated the rest of his career most likely, due to the reputation he created early in his career.

I think Randolph quite honestly woke up and decided he wanted to be a better player before last year, and has become one. Too bad many don't get the chance to see it since Memphis is never on TV, and he doesn't make the front page of espn.

Giantwarrior
02-14-2011, 11:48 AM
numbers dont really mean anything. Look at Monta Ellis's stats, and he is not an allstar. they need to expand the roster.

The Jokemaker
02-14-2011, 11:53 AM
fair enough. Randolph has had two very good years in a row now. But as I said, he will be unfairly evaluated the rest of his career most likely, due to the reputation he created early in his career.

I think Randolph quite honestly woke up and decided he wanted to be a better player before last year, and has become one. Too bad many don't get the chance to see it since Memphis is never on TV, and he doesn't make the front page of espn.

Agreed. He has been one of the main reasons for Memphis resurgence. Definitely turned it around and seemingly matured. Memphis doesn't get media attention despite their turnaround last season and their improved play this year yet still don't get games on the national stage.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Agreed. He has been one of the main reasons for Memphis resurgence. Definitely turned it around and seemingly matured. Memphis doesn't get media attention despite their turnaround last season and their improved play this year yet still don't get games on the national stage.

unless its negative press (Mayo). I do wish Memphis would get a bit more press coverage. Gay and Randolph are having nice seasons, Gasol is an up and comer, and even Conley has shown distribution and defensive improvements.

Red Hot Rolllin
02-14-2011, 12:05 PM
Wins do matter, LMA got snubbed

Buts thats ok All Star Games suck he can rest up

Red Hot Rolllin
02-14-2011, 12:07 PM
If Aldridge isn't named the Western Conference Player of the Week, it would be a stunner. In wins over Chicago, Toronto and Detroit, Aldridge averaged 38.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.7 blocks, while shooting 63.1 percent from the field.

Miller LMA High Pick and Roll baby

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 12:21 PM
If Aldridge isn't named the Western Conference Player of the Week, it would be a stunner. In wins over Chicago, Toronto and Detroit, Aldridge averaged 38.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.7 blocks, while shooting 63.1 percent from the field.

Miller LMA High Pick and Roll baby

he is a worthy candidate no doubt for WC player of the week.

ManOnFire
02-14-2011, 12:22 PM
What's with all these LA topics?? I guess this guy making the meaningless all star team is the only thing blazer fans have to look forward to.

ChiDougie19
02-14-2011, 12:33 PM

he is bigheaded 4 no reason

Trace
02-14-2011, 01:38 PM
portland is 28th in pace, maybe u should do research before posting something :facepalm:

Oops meant the starting line up takes a lot of shots.

It's also funny how only the Blazers fans seem to think he was snubbed. He's not exactly having a breakout season. He has just improved his rebounding and he has to carry the offensive load therefore he increased his ppg.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=aldrila01&y1=2011&p2=loveke01&y2=2011&p3=randoza01&y3=2011

J-Relo
02-14-2011, 02:15 PM
It would still be hard to pick him over Kevin Love.

thekmp211
02-14-2011, 02:28 PM
deserving guys get snubbed every year. no doubt aldridge would have been a worthy choice, just not the most worthy one.

jiggin
02-14-2011, 02:56 PM
agreed 100%

he is. his stats are inflated due to injured teammates. when healthy he wont put up the numbers he is now

he was rewarded for being a beast, whats wrong w that?

so...if a player is good and wants to be an all-star, he has a better chance making that happen by being the ONLY player that produces on offense rather than being on a TEAM that competes and wins and has several players that could be all-stars?

Basically, if LA played for the T-wolves, he would be an all-star and if Love played for the Blazers he wouldn't?

Ahhh...SO that is how fans view the all-star game and if players are worthy or not....i mean, other than the fan favorites that get voted in EVEN IF THEY DON't PLAY A SINGLE GAME THAT YEAR!

wow...the all-star game is just stupid now days. Popularity contents and then Skewed stats get you in apparently.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 03:03 PM
so...if a player is good and wants to be an all-star, he has a better chance making that happen by being the ONLY player that produces on offense rather than being on a TEAM that competes and wins and has several players that could be all-stars?

Basically, if LA played for the T-wolves, he would be an all-star and if Love played for the Blazers he wouldn't?
Ahhh...SO that is how fans view the all-star game and if players are worthy or not....i mean, other than the fan favorites that get voted in EVEN IF THEY DON't PLAY A SINGLE GAME THAT YEAR!

wow...the all-star game is just stupid now days. Popularity contents and then Skewed stats get you in apparently.

Nope. I would be willing to bet Love would STILL be an all star. He would be leading the NBA in rebounding, and with lower usage, would have even higher efficiency (and he is already elite). You don't keep the top rebounder out, and Love would now have the wins where this situation wouldn't have even been considered. Take a couple shots away from Love, he still gets 18/15 on 43/87, and his fg% goes up with a team that can give him a few easier looks.

The whole notion that getting stats on a bad team is b.s. You have to see HOW stats are achieved. On top of that, Aldridge takes more shots than Love does anyways, and plays more minutes. He has more opportunites to close the gap in their stats, and still doesn't.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 03:06 PM
How the hell are 21.4/15/5/43/87 skewed? How come, in the HISTORY of bad teams, has nobody done this? Answer me that those of you who say its so easy to get better numbers on bad teams. Watch the Wolves play. Love is watched like a hawk, and still creates opportunities for himself. Do you really think they are worrying about stopping Ridnour on the dribble drive, or sending help at Darko? Its actually MORE difficult to put up the efficiency Love does on a bad team. There are fewer players to complete your assists, fewer players to get you easy shots, fewer players to cover up any mistake you may make.

Its such a b.s. statement, "inflated stats on a bad team", unless you prove WHY they are inflated. Using that as a blanket statement makes you sound like you just don't want to put in the effort to see HOW a guy gets it done.

Its a team sport. Nobody in history has just won games alone.

Tony_Starks
02-14-2011, 03:18 PM
LA is really doing his thing, looks like he took the snub to heart. And his team is doing well ontop of it. For those that think his stats are so because everyone is out, typically when that happens the individual stats go up but the team loses. He's putting them on his back.

As far as Love goes if he would've made it over Duncan that would've been perfectly fine but over LA was flat out wrong and its obvious Stern's decision was politics.....

topdog
02-14-2011, 03:23 PM
For me, the worst thing Aldridge could have done was what he did - cry about it and belittle his teammates by doing the old credit-taking bit. If he had kept quiet, his recent run would be a bit more impressive.

Should he have been in the game over Tim Duncan? Yeah sure. But should he be in a fans' game over a guy who is making NBA history this year? No. Kevin Love is 3rd on the double-double list (since the merger) and is closing in on #2. He leads the league in rebounds (15+) and is near the top in 3pt percentage (40%+) while averaging 20pts. a game (no one has ever done this).

I get that some people think the all-star game should reward good players on good teams, but I it's a fan game and I feel like the best players should be there regardless of record. And Love is one of the best players because historical stats are not hollow.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 03:42 PM
LA is really doing his thing, looks like he took the snub to heart. And his team is doing well ontop of it. For those that think his stats are so because everyone is out, typically when that happens the individual stats go up but the team loses. He's putting them on his back.

As far as Love goes if he would've made it over Duncan that would've been perfectly fine but over LA was flat out wrong and its obvious Stern's decision was politics.....

or he wanted the leading rebounder, leading double double man, guy with 40 straight double doubles currently, guy reviving historical numbers making the front of all media news outlets, and the flat out better player.

The right guy was picked.

jiggin
02-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Nope. I would be willing to bet Love would STILL be an all star. He would be leading the NBA in rebounding, and with lower usage, would have even higher efficiency (and he is already elite). You don't keep the top rebounder out, and Love would now have the wins where this situation wouldn't have even been considered. Take a couple shots away from Love, he still gets 18/15 on 43/87, and his fg% goes up with a team that can give him a few easier looks.

The whole notion that getting stats on a bad team is b.s. You have to see HOW stats are achieved. On top of that, Aldridge takes more shots than Love does anyways, and plays more minutes. He has more opportunites to close the gap in their stats, and still doesn't.

but love would be sharing time or playing along side (as a PF) with Marcus Camby for sure, as well as Cunningham ect...do you really think he would have the same digits especially on rebounds if he is on the floor with a guy who rebounds like Camby? Doubt it. Camby is a beast and over a LONG career still averages 10 a game.

Too bad for LA he doesn't play on the T-wolves or Clippers. He would only be able to INCREASE his stats while if someone from a BAD team who IS THE ENTIRE TEAM BASICALLY went to a team where the stats were more distributed...their stats would probably decline.

Ahhh...its a good thing most NBA fans that love the game for the game don't give a **** about the all-star game. Its a popularity contest that is pretty pathetic now days. Hell, Ming got voted in and he hasn't played but what 5 games and 18 minutes. Yeah, thats all-star material. What a joke. Anyone who thinks the all-star game voting is legit should seriously consider that crap.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 03:53 PM
but love would be sharing time with Marcus Camby for sure, as well as Cunningham ect...do you really think he would have the same digits especially on rebounds if he is on the floor with a guy who rebounds like Camby? Doubt it. Camby is a beast and over a LONG career still averages 10 a game.

Too bad for LA he doesn't play on the T-wolves or Clippers. He would only be able to INCREASE his stats while if someone from a BAD team who IS THE ENTIRE TEAM BASICALLY went to a team where the stats were more distributed...their stats would probably decline.

Ahhh...its a good thing most NBA fans that love the game for the game don't give a **** about the all-star game. Its a popularity contest that is pretty pathetic now days. Hell, Ming got voted in and he hasn't played but what 5 games and 18 minutes. Yeah, thats all-star material.

Do you really think they would play Camby the minutes he gets if they didn't need him to scoop up so many rebounds? Doubt it.

As I said, LA gets more shots, and more opportunities than Love does already, yet fails to get the same numbers.

I have never cared about the all star game. Why would I? But the better individual player won out here. You are projecting stats off your speculation of roles. Has it not occurred to you while you sift thru your pages of stats, that Love's value comes from not having to even be involved in the offense? Why is it he gets his points on far less attempts? Why is it that he outrebounds LA for 3 straight years, badly?

The better player was named. You guys need to pick your beef with Duncan, who got in due to a lifetime achievement award, or pick on the fans for voting Melo in, who is mid 30's in efficiency and has played distracted all year. No need to go after the man having a historical season and a growing pained team starving for leadership.

bklynny67
02-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Love has something like 50 straight double doubles. avg over 20 ppg and over 15 rpg.. Love was the right choice. although, they should dump Duncan and his 13 ppg off the team and put Aldridge in his place. Duncan should have been the one to not have made it in the first place.

jiggin
02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Do you really think they would play Camby the minutes he gets if they didn't need him to scoop up so many rebounds? Doubt it.

As I said, LA gets more shots, and more opportunities than Love does already, yet fails to get the same numbers.

I have never cared about the all star game. Why would I? But the better individual player won out here. You are projecting stats off your speculation of roles. Has it not occurred to you while you sift thru your pages of stats, that Love's value comes from not having to even be involved in the offense? Why is it he gets his points on far less attempts? Why is it that he outrebounds LA for 3 straight years, badly?

The better player was named. You guys need to pick your beef with Duncan, who got in due to a lifetime achievement award, or pick on the fans for voting Melo in, who is mid 30's in efficiency and has played distracted all year. No need to go after the man having a historical season and a growing pained team starving for leadership.

if you replace LA with Love, who is going to play PF for the blazers? Love would. Camby would start at Center. So yes, the two would be on the floor together a lot.

Bigbadmoffo
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Wolves sucked with garnett so do you think he wasn't worthy for the allstar games and how about bosh last year? this isn't the mvp ppl and everyone knows it's hard for a big man to win games with no support.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
if you replace LA with Love, who is going to play PF for the blazers? Love would. Camby would start at Center. So yes, the two would be on the floor together a lot.

as I said, your beef should be with the Duncan selection regardless. I could care less to debate replacing Love and LA with each other. Love gets his without plays run for him. He would fit in anywhere and do the same thing he is doing now. There is a reason he is #6 in PER, and #5 in win shares, despite being on a bad team and not creating his own shots many times.

Beef is with Duncan. Not Love. There is no case outside team (TEAM) success that makes one bit of sense regarding Love being excluded.

thekmp211
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
wow, people claiming kevin love was put in because of politics? a guy from minny got chosen because of politics?? i've literally heard it all now.

the answer to this is duncan should not be an all-star. it's not a lifetime achievement game. want to honor duncan's career? vote him in as a first ballot hall-of-famer. thats what its there for.

another thing: the wolves are bad but not devoid of talent. they are by far the best bottom-feeder. take that for what it's worth, but it's not like he's just cleaning up d-league bricks and chucking shots because he has to. the majority of t-wolves games are very competitive and his stats are difference-making. its just his young, inexperienced team doesn't know how to close out and win in the nba. so, enough with that excuse.

valade16
02-14-2011, 04:44 PM
as I said, your beef should be with the Duncan selection regardless. I could care less to debate replacing Love and LA with each other. Love gets his without plays run for him. He would fit in anywhere and do the same thing he is doing now. There is a reason he is #6 in PER, and #5 in win shares, despite being on a bad team and not creating his own shots many times.

Beef is with Duncan. Not Love. There is no case outside team (TEAM) success that makes one bit of sense regarding Love being excluded.

How much of the team success is LMA? Do you really think if he is out the Blazers are still winning 30 games so far? no way.

If you watch ANY Blazer game you will see our entire 4th quarter offense is "give it to LMA", he is the reason they are winning, shouldn't that be honored?

Is Batum, Mathews, Rudy, and Miller REALLY that talented a team that they should still be winning?

At the beginning of the year if I said the Blazers would lose Roy, Oden, and Camby for extended periods would you say they would still win games?

come clean now, the only reason you think this current Blazers team is a more talented team than the T-Wolves is because their winning...

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 05:03 PM
How much of the team success is LMA? Do you really think if he is out the Blazers are still winning 30 games so far? no way.

If you watch ANY Blazer game you will see our entire 4th quarter offense is "give it to LMA", he is the reason they are winning, shouldn't that be honored?

Is Batum, Mathews, Rudy, and Miller REALLY that talented a team that they should still be winning?

At the beginning of the year if I said the Blazers would lose Roy, Oden, and Camby for extended periods would you say they would still win games?

come clean now, the only reason you think this current Blazers team is a more talented team than the T-Wolves is because their winning...

the Wolves are the worst defensive team in the NBA, the youngest team in the NBA, with 11 new players this year and tons of injuries both inside and outside. The Blazers have more talent this year. Period.

The Blazers are middle of the pack in both offensive and defensive efficiency. The Wolves are middle of the pack offensively, and last in defense.

Love has far more win shares than LMA, a better offensive rating, better PER, better rebounding numbers, better range, better passing, and the Wolves wouldn't have more than 5 wins without him and would be one of the worst teams statistically we have ever seen.

I don't care to debate the subject any further. The right man was selected. You don't leave off a guy with the statistical season or statistical impact Love has had.

valade16
02-14-2011, 05:09 PM
the Wolves are the worst defensive team in the NBA, the youngest team in the NBA, with 11 new players this year and tons of injuries both inside and outside. The Blazers have more talent this year. Period.

The Blazers are middle of the pack in both offensive and defensive efficiency. The Wolves are middle of the pack offensively, and last in defense.

Love has far more win shares than LMA, a better offensive rating, better PER, better rebounding numbers, better range, better passing, and the Wolves wouldn't have more than 5 wins without him and would be one of the worst teams statistically we have ever seen.

I don't care to debate the subject any further. The right man was selected. You don't leave off a guy with the statistical season or statistical impact Love has had.

Did you ever think the T-Wolves are such a terrible defensive team in part because Love is terrible at defense?

No, that could never be it.

dtmagnet
02-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Its the All-Star team not the All-Winner team, Love has been doing his thing all season long.

topdog
02-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Did you ever think the T-Wolves are such a terrible defensive team in part because Love is terrible at defense?

No one is saying Love is a great defender or even a good one. He certainly has physical limitations and needs to more consistently have games where he is taken multiple charges and probably should be covering centers - so he can body up.

Here's the thing though: the Wolves frontcourt is not the problem. Darko and Love can balance each other out, but they can't also make up for the plethora of backcourt mistakes that lead to PGs having career nights every time they play the wolves. Check out the boxscore from a Wolves game and you'll see just how active the opposing PG is.

Reality is, right now, the Blazers are using their talent better. Does that mean they have more talent? No. It means that they have a team with veterans who can close games and a group of guys who have been playing defense together for several years. The Wolves returned... off the top of my head 3 players. Youngest team. Few veterans.

It's a fan game, not the "All-NBA" team. Love's stats are historic which cancel any argument that anyone can do it on a crappy team. The Wolves have lost an incredible amount of close games which they arguably could have one with another veteran or two like Andre Miller.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 05:39 PM

your posts are getting worse on this subject. Big men who have wings that don't even bother turning ball handlers will not be able to stop anyone.

Stop making excuses. LMA didn't make it, the better player did.

We are done on this subject. If you are unhappy with the selection, don't watch All star weekend. I have missed a few all star weekends because nobody on my team made it.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=aldrila01&y1=2011&p2=loveke01&y2=2011&p3=randoza01&y3=2011

here it is again. Playing on a bad team doesn't help your efficiency, usually the opposite is true.

Love is a more efficient scorer, and WAAAAAAAY better rebounder (LMA gets 13.8% of all available rebounds, quite average at best for a PF, while Love is a league leader), Love has an offensive rating that blows away LMA, Love's win shares, both total, and per48 are better. Love gets his numbers in less minutes, with 150 less shot attempts on the year, and draws fouls at a much higher rate than LMA.

There is really no debating who the better player is here. Despite being surrounded by young players learning the NBA, and no defenders what so ever, Love STILL manages to outperform all PF's in the NBA statistically (and I am not talking archaic per game stats, even though he wins that as well).

You can assume that if you changed these guys, one team would be better or worse. Fact is, Camby is one of the better defenders, as is Batum and Mathews, and Portland's depth that Pritchard built up is now showing.

Lamarcus is a really good player, and for sure a top 10 PF. But he is not as good as Love, isn't have as good an individual season as Love, isn't breaking records like Love, and doesn't deserve an all star nod over him.

Move on dude. We usually agree on things, this will NOT be one of them, and I have a ton of annoying ammunition, while that ones who are against Love being named have one single thing-team record (weakest argument in the book)

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 05:41 PM
for the 10th time, LMA fans beef should be with Duncan. He has no business on the all star team.

AddiX
02-14-2011, 05:45 PM
for the 10th time, LMA fans beef should be with Duncan. He has no business on the all star team.

Legendary HOF players especially on a good team have been making the all star team since the beginning of the NBA. Now all of a sudden when love didn't get in first try its a big issue?

The leader of the best team in the NBA doesn't deserve to get in but a guy with good stats does?

Sorry, clearly your bias towards Minny is making you forget that the point of sports is to win, not put up stats.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Legendary HOF players especially on a good team have been making the all star team since the beginning of the NBA. Now all of a sudden when love didn't get in first try its a big issue?

The leader of the best team in the NBA doesn't deserve to get in but a guy with good stats does?

Sorry, clearly your bias towards Minny is making you forget that the point of sports is to win, not put up stats.

why do you even bother responding to me regarding Love?

They aren't just good stats. They are stats never seen before.

We will never agree on this subject. If Love is killing it for a winner in a couple of years, I will be looking for you.

This is seriously the last post I reply to regarding Love with you.

thekmp211

we're not talking about sports. we're talking about an annual friendly game that is supposed to be composed of that year's top individual performers in the league. it's blatantly clear that the timberwolves' shortcomings have very little to do with love, and for the most part come in spite of his stellar play. TEAMS win in sports, not individuals. that doesn't mean that losing teams can't have exceptional individual players.

is that really so hard to follow? it seems like a basic sports concept to me.

Blazers#1Fan
I see some haters and I see people who are clueless

Kevin love has no other big man to rebound darko isn't a great rebounder after they traded jefferson who would rebound loves percentage went up there is also nobody to score Beasley who else?

LA(His Nickname) Nobody has called him LMA since his rookie year but I realize you gotta use that name because of the lakers LA is on a winning team he gets rebounds with a rebounding machine next to him in Camby and also Batum wesley rebound also and he still gets 10 RPG who rebounds on minny let's name 2 Love and Darko - Beasley sometimes

Since Camby has been hurt look at LA's rebounds they went up Put LA on minny they would have a better record and he would have similar numbers to Loves maybe better thing is LA plays a lot of Team ball

Don't say I don't like KLove because I've liked him a lot longer then most fans when he played at Lake Oswego high school I went to alotb of his high school games I'm just adding why LA is a better all star

But all in all LA will probably be a all star anyway like some have already said

So don't be mad some bulls fans and Raptors fans SOME not all of you

Jewelz0376
02-14-2011, 06:03 PM
LA didn't prove me wrong cuz I thought he shouldve made it over Love to begin with..Twolves are the worst team in the west lol..they shouldn't have any all stars

thekmp211
02-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I see some haters and I see people who are clueless

Kevin love has no other big man to rebound darko isn't a great rebounder after they traded jefferson who would rebound loves percentage went up there is also nobody to score Beasley who else?

LA(His Nickname) Nobody has called him LMA since his rookie year but I realize you gotta use that name because of the lakers LA is on a winning team he gets rebounds with a rebounding machine next to him in Camby and also Batum wesley rebound also and he still gets 10 RPG who rebounds on minny let's name 2 Love and Darko - Beasley sometimes

Since Camby has been hurt look at LA's rebounds they went up Put LA on minny they would have a better record and he would have similar numbers to Loves maybe better thing is LA plays a lot of Team ball

Don't say I don't like KLove because I've liked him a lot longer then most fans when he played at Lake Oswego high school I went to alotb of his high school games I'm just adding why LA is a better all star

But all in all LA will probably be a all star anyway like some have already said

So don't be mad some bulls fans and Raptors fans SOME not all of you

dude there have been countless good players on countless terrible teams, and yet somehow none of those guys ever managed to do what love has done this season. how can you not comprehend that?

there is no way lamarcus aldridge averages 15.6 rebounds a game on any team, anywhere, ever. not a knock on him at all, but lets be serious.

Blazers#1Fan
02-14-2011, 06:09 PM
your posts are getting worse on this subject. Big men who have wings that don't even bother turning ball handlers will not be able to stop anyone.

Stop making excuses. LMA didn't make it, the better player did.

We are done on this subject. If you are unhappy with the selection, don't watch All star weekend. I have missed a few all star weekends because nobody on my team made it.

here it is again. Playing on a bad team doesn't help your efficiency, usually the opposite is true.

Love is a more efficient scorer, and WAAAAAAAY better rebounder (LMA gets 13.8% of all available rebounds, quite average at best for a PF, while Love is a league leader), Love has an offensive rating that blows away LMA, Love's win shares, both total, and per48 are better. Love gets his numbers in less minutes, with 150 less shot attempts on the year, and draws fouls at a much higher rate than LMA.

There is really no debating who the better player is here. Despite being surrounded by young players learning the NBA, and no defenders what so ever, Love STILL manages to outperform all PF's in the NBA statistically (and I am not talking archaic per game stats, even though he wins that as well).

You can assume that if you changed these guys, one team would be better or worse. Fact is, Camby is one of the better defenders, as is Batum and Mathews, and Portland's depth that Pritchard built up is now showing.

Lamarcus is a really good player, and for sure a top 10 PF. But he is not as good as Love, isn't have as good an individual season as Love, isn't breaking records like Love, and doesn't deserve an all star nod over him.

Move on dude. We usually agree on things, this will NOT be one of them, and I have a ton of annoying ammunition, while that ones who are against Love being named have one single thing-team record (weakest argument in the book)

Minny fan I see you must not know what inflated stats mean do you that's what love has if Camby Batum wes were on Minny loves stats wouldn't be inflated because like you say they are good on defense Camby would take his rebounds down by 6-7 per game funny how you say love is better pull up the stats from Portland vs Minny on both players so everybody can Laugh at what you said

Your making love look like he's a top 5 PF he's behind LA in my book and in a lot of other posters book

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Minny fan I see you must not know what inflated stats mean do you that's what love has if Camby Batum wes were on Minny loves stats wouldn't be inflated because like you say they are good on defense Camby would take his rebounds down by 6-7 per game funny how you say love is better pull up the stats from Portland vs Minny on both players so everybody can Laugh at what you said

Your making love look like he's a top 5 PF he's behind LA in my book and in a lot of other posters book

I think if you read my posts on this site, you will see I am plenty familiar with how to measure stats.

Are you using head to head matchups? That's cute.

Blazers#1Fan
02-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I think if you read my posts on this site, you will see I am plenty familiar with how to measure stats.

Are you using head to head matchups? That's cute.

I see why nobody likes you on here you can't get it thru your head that there is nobody to rebound on minny besides love and who else can score nobody I understand love is a good player I've met him and talked to him plenty of times I like him but you are blind to the fact that minny sucks very bad and the only good player is Love its like Kobe scoring 81 his team sucked that year and so did the raptors but I bet he is still a ball hog huh?

thekmp211
02-14-2011, 06:27 PM
I see why nobody likes you on here you can't get it thru your head that there is nobody to rebound on minny besides love and who else can score nobody I understand love is a good player I've met him and talked to him plenty of times I like him but you are blind to the fact that minny sucks very bad and the only good player is Love its like Kobe scoring 81 his team sucked that year and so did the raptors but I bet he is still a ball hog huh?

this literally makes no sense. name me one player on a comparable team, historically, that has put up numbers this big on any team. all sorts of all-star players have played on miserable teams, and not one of them has racked up kevin love stats.

no, i think it's pretty clear kobe should have won mvp that season. he shouldn't be punished for terrible teammates, neither should love.

it's also pretty clear that you've never watched a timberwolves game in your life, so you have literally nothing besides portland homerism to base this off of.

it just sucks that it has to be black/white for so many people. they are both great, great players. i'd be happy with either on my team. but this year, love has been better the WHOLE SEASON.

Blazers#1Fan
02-14-2011, 06:32 PM
dude there have been countless good players on countless terrible teams, and yet somehow none of those guys ever managed to do what love has done this season. how can you not comprehend that?

there is no way lamarcus aldridge averages 15.6 rebounds a game on any team, anywhere, ever. not a knock on him at all, but lets be serious.

Look at ZBO he did what last season 30 and 25 I think it was

Nate Mc style of coaching is team ball Zbo wasn't a great rebounder in portland he was gOod at getting 2nd chance points but his per game was a lot like LA's just less scoring LA is the better player and like I said switch LA with love and there stats would change name a rebounder on minny besides love..you can't cuz there isn't one

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Look at ZBO he did what last season 30 and 25 I think it was

Nate Mc style of coaching is team ball Zbo wasn't a great rebounder in portland he was gOod at getting 2nd chance points but his per game was a lot like LA's just less scoring LA is the better player and like I said switch LA with love and there stats would change name a rebounder on minny besides love..you can't cuz there isn't one

do you understand how to read advanced statistics? ZBo's number never translated to positive. Neither did Monta Ellis's. Love's do. There is a big difference. You have to be able to understand metrics to comprehend that. If you don't than sure, you will be inclined to say LMA should get it (even though Love's per game numbers, something any fan should be able to understand, are still better).

Love is having a statistical season never seen. I really don't get how difficult this in to get guys.

Simply switching them is a speculative guess. However, LMA getting 15.6 rpg would never happen. Ever. He isn't a very good rebounder. It doesn't matter who he is playing next to.

AlvaROD
02-14-2011, 06:37 PM
again... the issue shouldn't be with Love, it should be with Duncan, Wtf is nobody questioning Duncan?..

the_jon
02-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Love plays for a crappy team. LMA plays for an awesome one. Trade Love for LMA and I doubt much changes in terms of standings. Hell I bet the Blazers even win a few more games just on the extra 5 or so rebounds Love gives them.

If LMA's numbers were like that all while playing with a healthy Roy and Oden, then I would make the case for him.

the_jon
02-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I have to agree.

Hawkeye15
02-14-2011, 06:47 PM
again... the issue shouldn't be with Love, it should be with Duncan, Wtf is nobody questioning Duncan?..

the wins his stacked roster has. That is why.

Trace
02-14-2011, 07:04 PM
the wins his stacked roster has. That is why.

Also LA is playing 10 more minutes than Duncan. Per 36, Duncan's statistics are rather respectable.

Also WS/48, DWS,DRtg>LA

Jewelz0376
02-14-2011, 07:31 PM

because one guy is the defensive anchor on a team on pace to win close to 70 games...while the other one is putting up the stats he is in poart because he's on a 43 (and counting) loss team...

Raph12
02-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Aldridge is a straight beast, dude was definitely deserving...

AddiX
02-14-2011, 07:58 PM
we're not talking about sports. we're talking about an annual friendly game that is supposed to be composed of that year's top individual performers in the league. it's blatantly clear that the timberwolves' shortcomings have very little to do with love, and for the most part come in spite of his stellar play. TEAMS win in sports, not individuals. that doesn't mean that losing teams can't have exceptional individual players.

is that really so hard to follow? it seems like a basic sports concept to me.

Top performing players are based on winning.

Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Wallace, These guys were all star players when playing together because they won, when they split up no longer in the all star game.

You can't run around calling a guy one of the best when hes never been on a good team.

The point is to win, not put up stats. Zack Randolph averages HOF numbers, and you'll find plenty of fans, coaches, and players, who wouldn't want him on there team.

bklynny67
02-14-2011, 10:33 PM

yes the point of sports is to win, but the ALLSTAR game is supposed to be for the players having the best season. Love and Aldridge should be in, Duncan should not. this is not the MVP award where your teams wins matters. this is not a lifetime achievement award. its the allstar game.

BEST PLAYERS SHOULD PLAY.

bklynny67
02-14-2011, 10:39 PM
because one guy is the defensive anchor on a team on pace to win close to 70 games...while the other one is putting up the stats he is in poart because he's on a 43 (and counting) loss team...

based on this logic, you're saying the best defensive player on the best team should automatically make the allstar game every year. lol how dumb

Jewelz0376
02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
based on this logic, you're saying the best defensive player on the best team should automatically make the allstar game every year. lol how dumb

where did i say the best defensive player on the best team should make it no matter what?? learn how to read

topdog
02-14-2011, 10:53 PM

I wish I could post this quote over and over because it just shows how little you know about basketball. You're just another one of the mass of posters who are only on here to make smartass comments between rounds of D&D.

If no one else rebounds on the Wolves, then Love must be pretty damn amazing at it because Minny grabs the most in the league. So, in essence, you're saying Love is better than Camby and LA at rebounding according to your false logic arguments.

What does meeting Love have to do with whether or not he's a good player?! My friend wiped Kobe's *** so he can tell you he's a clutch player. :facepalm:

If nobody can score on the Wolves (I guess the scorer's table just feels bad for the Wolves and adds another 80pts.?), then why don't teams focus on Love and stop him from shooting 40% from 3?

bklynny67
02-14-2011, 11:31 PM
where did i say the best defensive player on the best team should make it no matter what?? learn how to read

u said because he's the "defensive anchor on a team on pace to win close to 70 games"

sounds like you're saying he should be an allstar because he's the "defensive achor" on the best team... thats basically what i said...

Duncan shouldn't be there based his his teams performance and his career numbers. thats what HOF and MVP is for.

KingPosey
02-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Its tough. But ultimately team record should be the reason Love doesn't make it. Doesn't everyone say that winning is the most important? Don't get me wrong I really like Love, but his team just stinks.

key word. his TEAM stinks.

DwayneMVPwade
02-15-2011, 12:02 AM
He should be in over Tim Duncan not kevin Love though

Jewelz0376
02-15-2011, 12:32 AM
u said because he's the "defensive anchor on a team on pace to win close to 70 games"

sounds like you're saying he should be an allstar because he's the "defensive achor" on the best team... thats basically what i said...

Duncan shouldn't be there based his his teams performance and his career numbers. thats what HOF and MVP is for.

Because he's they're defensive anchor he's the most important player on that team...if your the most important player on a 70 win pace team than yes you should make the all star team

bklynny67
02-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Because he's they're defensive anchor he's the most important player on that team...if your the most important player on a 70 win pace team than yes you should make the all star team

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

this is just terrible reasoning

just by being the most important, even if there's many guys that play your position who are now better than you....

like another guy said, Love's team stinks. not him, and not Aldridge. Love and Aldridge should be in. Duncan should be out, maybe even Giffin. what about his team? they suck too so doesnt that automatically mean he shouldnt be an allstar?

and FYI, Duncan isn't the most important anymore. he can be replaced with another big who plays good defense and also barely averages 13 ppg, and they would still have the best record. Parker and Manu run the team now and they have lots of great role players like Blair, Jefferson, Bonner, Hill, and Neal.

evadatam5150
02-15-2011, 02:29 AM

Disagree whole heartedly.. The All Star game is all about individual accomplishment.. If an individual is standing out, if he's excelling at his position then HE's an all All Star and it doesn't have anything to do with team record.. Kevin Love's numbers stand on their own period.. Dude's playing like a beast and has been for the entirety of the NBA season and not just over the course of the last 7 games.. He's earned it, so has Alridge but at the end of the day I just think Love has stood out..

Trace
02-15-2011, 02:55 AM
An All-Star by definition is an individual that's performing at a high level in a sport. These individual performances drive fan support up therefore allowing them to be voted into the game.

The coaches choose players of whom they think deserve to be in. Their criteria may be about individual performances but based upon their own occupations, I would think they would choose impact players on winning teams which is why players like Tim Duncan would get in as he's quite the coaching favourite (class act, future HOF etc). And I'm assuming Blake Griffin was chosen despite the bad record because a rookie has been a coaching nightmare (when was the last time you heard that? once a decade? Bird, Jordan, Shaq and then Duncan?).

The commissioner's choices are usually revenue based decisions or he chooses players that have fallen off the radar. There are always going to be snubs. You just have to live with it.

As long as the other players continue to consistently play well, no really is going to miss LA at the ASG but Blazer fans.

Jewelz0376
02-15-2011, 03:10 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

this is just terrible reasoning

just by being the most important, even if there's many guys that play your position who are now better than you....

like another guy said, Love's team stinks. not him, and not Aldridge. Love and Aldridge should be in. Duncan should be out, maybe even Giffin. what about his team? they suck too so doesnt that automatically mean he shouldnt be an allstar?

and FYI, Duncan isn't the most important anymore. he can be replaced with another big who plays good defense and also barely averages 13 ppg, and they would still have the best record. Parker and Manu run the team now and they have lots of great role players like Blair, Jefferson, Bonner, Hill, and Neal.

:rolleyes:

You think its easy to find all league defenders like Tim Duncan?? I guess you probably think it'd be easy to replace KG too..since he only averages 14&9 and less than a block a game...The Spurs wouldn't have the best record w/o Duncan wtf are you talking about..Parker and Manu are not more important than Duncan..

Trace
02-15-2011, 03:40 AM
:rolleyes:

You think its easy to find all league defenders like Tim Duncan?? I guess you probably think it'd be easy to replace KG too..since he only averages 14&9 and less than a block a game...The Spurs wouldn't have the best record w/o Duncan wtf are you talking about..Parker and Manu are not more important than Duncan..

Yeah and he's only playing 28 minutes as well. Per 36 his numbers are quite reasonable and arguably better than LA's.

JasonJohnHorn
02-15-2011, 09:23 AM
LMA is awesome, and an all-star player, and he's having his best year, so yeah, why not put him on the team. But taking out Love? I can't see that. LMA made an argument about winning over stats, but if that is the case, than neither Love nor Griffen should be on the WAST.

Honestly, its about stats, and winning. LMA has been on the team before, and yes, he deserves a spot this year, but botton line Love is just putting up incredibly special numbers this year. He is the best rebounder in the league, and he's one of the rare bigs that can step out and shoot. You cant punish great players for being on lousy teams. If LMA had been sent to Minny or Cleveland and was putting up the numbers he is now, and Love was putting up less impressive numbers on a winning Portland team, should he be given a berth just based on the fact he has better players around him?

Its a little bit about winning, and its a little bit about what you do on the court. Garnett made the AST his last year with Minny, and they were in the lottery that year. A lot of forwards have done what LMA is doing this year, his numbers arent far off from what Zach is doing this year (LMA is a better player in my eyes), but we've seen guys put numbers up like that every year. What Love is doing this year, hasn't been done in decades!

Love deserves the love.

I wonder why nobody is suggest that LMA should be on over Duncan? I'm a huge Duncan fan, and I know though his numbers are down, his over all impact is not, but LMA has also had a huge impact this year and has been keeping an injury depleted roster in the playoffs with better numbers than Duncan, while Duncan has helped a team with at least two other future HOFers helping him out, and a couple other all-stars.

valade16
02-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Just an update, the almighty Kevin Love got manhandled last night by LaMarcus Aldridge (imagine that, 4th time he's dominated Love heads up)...

I thought Love was leaps and bounds better? I was under the impression that if your better you tend to be able to outplay the guy your better than, weird that he can't...

In fact, Love has never beaten Aldridge, ever.

I guess his 41st double-double was impressive though :rolleyes:

Raph12
02-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Love has been beasting on the boards, but if you replace him with any good PF, the TWolves would still be 13-42... So with such a small impact on the outcome of a game, wouldn't you think LMA is more deserving?

sciferguy
02-15-2011, 02:26 PM
LMA and a handful of others might have been shafted on the all-star game due to certain players legacies and due to the team they play on, but it happens every year. If Lamarcus continues his dominance this year and improves in the off-season he will be a lock for the all-star game next year. The one thing people haven't really stated or even thought of is he might have great consideration for MIP at the end of the year if he can keep up this pace and really put Portland in a decent seeding (6th currently).

Gram
02-15-2011, 06:15 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge didn't make the All-Star game, with David Stern choosing to invite Kevin Love instead in place of Yao Ming.

Many people have stated that this was the correct choice because Kevin Love has ridiculous rebounding numbers to go along with a great 3-pt%.

However, has LMA changed anyone's opinion of whether he should've got the spot in light of his lights out play in February.

He's averaging 29.5 ppg (4 of 7 games over 36 points) on 57.8% shooting.

And the Blazers are 5-2 in that span (won 4 straight) including wins over San Antonio and Chicago.

To me that is unreal production from a guy who was expected to drop 18 ppg this year. Your thoughts...

I always loved Aldridge, I think how Chitown woulda been with him cuz they drafted him originally.

el_primo_nano
02-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Back in 06' when he was drafted Chris Bosh begged Toronto's GM draft this guy, only to have them pick Andrea. Now, im not saying that this is why Bosh left, but i think had the GM listened to Bosh, there may have been a reason for him to have wanting to stay there. Im not surprised. He was the second pick, and he is playing like one. Good for him. (This wasnt even Portland's pick, this was Chicago's. They traded Tyrus Thomas for him):facepalm:

Hustlenomics
02-24-2011, 01:38 AM
look what he's doing to the lakers, he's amazing !