PDA

View Full Version : since when did a shot block mean spiking it like a volleyball into the stands?

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
what happened to just having your hand up and making contact with the ball?
a simple deflection often means that you could gain possession of a loose ball.
throwing it into the stands means out on YOU. the other team gets the ball back.

RZZZA
02-13-2011, 10:14 PM
it's demoralizing to the other team and it pumps you and your team mates up?

plus it feels good

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
it's demoralizing to the other team and it pumps you and your team mates up?

plus it feels good

everyone is throwing the ball to the seats nowadays. it happens to everyone and isn't that special.

i'd rather have a turnaround of 4, possibly 5 points.

MrfadeawayJB
02-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Ever since the internet and youtube age

LTBaByyy
02-13-2011, 10:18 PM
It's a ego boost and could also change the momentum

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 10:18 PM
It's a ego boost and could also change the momentum

so could 5 points.

instead of being down by 2 in a tied game, you could be up by 2 or 3. that's a momentum shift to me.

RZZZA
02-13-2011, 10:20 PM
everyone is throwing the ball to the seats nowadays. it happens to everyone and isn't that special.

it's like a football player spiking the ball hard into the ground after a touch down or yelling and screaming like a berserker after a hard tackle. It's like fights in hockey. It can swing momentum for one team and against the other. Sports arent all just about points, its also about esprit d'corps of the team. The higher morale, the better they perform and vice versa

clutchski
02-13-2011, 10:20 PM
For the same reason why there are powerful dunks. It's authoritative and makes a statement.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
it's like a football player spiking the ball hard into the ground after a touch down or yelling and screaming like a berserker after a hard tackle. It's like fights in hockey. It can swing momentum for one team and against the other. Sports arent all just about points, its also about esprit d'corps of the team. The higher morale, the better they perform and vice versa

spiking or not spiking the football isn't going to give or take points away from either team.

blocking a shot, keeping it inbounds, then starting a fast break is.

i don't have a (big) problem with letting out emotion after a big play, but i'm guess more into sportsmanship and hence less vociferous than most.

blastmasta26
02-13-2011, 10:43 PM
It is stupid to always block a shot as hard as you can. But it can make a statement if a player can block a superstar or jump extremely high to get the block for example. It is true though that most of the time, players are better off blocking it and controlling the direction of the ball to keep possession.

JasonJohnHorn
02-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Well... it serves two purposes, the first being moral. Its like a massive dunk on somebody. IT gets your boys pumped up, and demoralizes the other team.

Second, and more pragmatic reason. It prevents a member of the opposing team from picking up the tipped ball for an easy lay in, and while it gives them the ball on an inbounds play, it eats up their shot clock because it is not reset when you knock it out of bounds.

Some guys can do the tip (Robinson and Hakeem were awesome at tipped blocks which they would convert to steals themselves), some guys just down have that much control. It is a difficult thing to do, and if not done right could just give the ball over to the other team for an easy lay-in.

Stuckey#3
02-13-2011, 11:05 PM
throwing it into the stands means out on YOU. the other team gets the ball back.

Since intimidation and making a statement to your opponent and fans has had an influence over who wins the game...

Have you ever played basketball?

I have blocked the **** out of people and have also been blocked pretty hard... those types of blocks make a statement and can change the game.

It's not ****ing polo it's basketball.

Avenged
02-13-2011, 11:07 PM
It's perfect for the oooohs and the aaaahs. Sometimes you need to spike it when the player is much stronger than you, if not he'll just dunk it on you or right through.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Some guys can do the tip (Robinson and Hakeem were awesome at tipped blocks which they would convert to steals themselves), some guys just down have that much control. It is a difficult thing to do, and if not done right could just give the ball over to the other team for an easy lay-in.

i'd argue it takes a lot more effort to swing your arms to swat the ball than it does to go straight up with them.

i know everyone does it nowadays for style points.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 11:23 PM
perfect example.
instead of swatting it out of bounds, this would've been a sure possession. heck, he could've caught that with both hands and dribbled it up court himself.

http://www.nba.com/games/20110213/SACPHX/gameinfo.html

Doogolas
02-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Basically what everybody else said. It makes people think twice about going up again. Plus, it's just as likely the other team picks it up and the defense is broken down after a block as it is your team getting it back.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Basically what everybody else said. It makes people think twice about going up again. Plus, it's just as likely the other team picks it up and the defense is broken down after a block as it is your team getting it back.

see video above.
would you say it would've been more prudent to do a "standard" block in that scenario?

Geargo Wallace
02-13-2011, 11:45 PM
sometimes you have to swat at the ball. its not easy to just grab the ball. you can't always be sure of the trajectory that the person is going to shoot, so just reach high and swing.

xxcubs22xx
02-14-2011, 12:01 AM
its a display of freakish athletic ability.

I always loved making the soft block and gaining possession; in pickup games i play tight defense, and I allow my above average leaping ability to tip the ball into me or my team. But i do that because I can't jump that high, and im forced to use quickness to make the plays, maybe even a bit of a good vertical leap

Some of those NBA players can straight up just catch it or softly block it, it makes more sense. The block becomes a turnover instead of a mere stoppage of play.

bringbackfredex
02-14-2011, 12:06 AM
I do agree with the original poster in a sense that it's kind of dumb to intentionally block a shot and sacrifice a possession, it's sort of like turning the ball over.

However doing so can be a spark that gets the rest of the players and fans more pumped up, so it's really a matter of picking your poison. This issue really isn't worthy of a thread, but there really is no right answer.

bosox3431
02-14-2011, 12:35 AM
spiking or not spiking the football isn't going to give or take points away from either team.

blocking a shot, keeping it inbounds, then starting a fast break is.

i don't have a (big) problem with letting out emotion after a big play, but i'm guess more into sportsmanship and hence less vociferous than most.

But there's no guarantee your team gets it. Plus the shot clock don't reset if I'm not mistaken so it puts them in a higher presure situation

Time2Dieeee
02-14-2011, 12:48 AM
i used to block the ball as hard as i can into the stands back in highschool just to pump myself up and give my fans a souvenir

LongWayFromHome
02-14-2011, 12:58 AM
so could 5 points.

down by 3, now up by 2. that's a momentum shift to me.

The 5 point swing doesn't work that way. If you were down by 3 and blocked a shot and scored the most you could do is tie.

The 5 point swing is including the shot they MAY have made had you not blocked it. So INSTEAD of being down by 3 you could be up by 3 or whatever.

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2011, 01:09 AM
The 5 point swing doesn't work that way. If you were down by 3 and blocked a shot and scored the most you could do is tie.

The 5 point swing is including the shot they MAY have made had you not blocked it. So INSTEAD of being down by 3 you could be up by 3 or whatever.

yes, i was doing worst case scenario.
they could've inbounded the dead ball after you blocked it out of bounds and scored for 2 or 3 in that possession.
-2 or 3

versus you recovering the blocked ball and scoring 2 or 3.
+2 or 3

net gain of 4-6 points.

Raph12
02-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Since Dwight entered the league :p, he's also the only one to catch the shot on multiple occasions... It's a momentum changer.

Chronz
02-14-2011, 01:29 AM
The idea that it intimidates other players doesn't make sense to me, getting stuffed is intimidation enough, you spiking it out of bounds would make me feel better about myself cuz I didn't cost my team a possession

Raph12
02-14-2011, 01:47 AM
The idea that it intimidates other players doesn't make sense to me, getting stuffed is intimidation enough, you spiking it out of bounds would make me feel better about myself cuz I didn't cost my team a possession

Well look at the Magic's perimeter defense and then factor in that they are 2nd in the league in paint protection, FG% at rim and a Top 3 defensive team... It's all because of Dwight's intimidation.

Nobody wants to end up on Sportscenter...

sp1derm00
02-14-2011, 04:49 AM
I agree with the OP.

Something undervalued with Pau is his "soft "shot blocking ability. His blocks are so soft that it rarely goes out of bounds and results in a Laker possession more often than not.

I also see Bynum doing this more often now, but it might be more because he can't get as high as he used to. Bynum used to spike it out a lot like Dwight.

Heediot
02-14-2011, 09:40 AM

since the explosion of mtv! its all about style over susbtance for the newer generations.

thus no more classic rock and hip hop albums.

thus no more jerry sloan.

thus no more detroit pistons of the 80's.

thus reggie miller complaining about no one cares about shooting.

thus you see volley ball instead of proper blocking.

barreleffact
02-14-2011, 09:55 AM
i dont have a problem with an exaggerated block at all.

1- You intimidate your opponent and stop a score
2- You stop the clock and have the opportunity to reset your defense without the clock reseting. Thus they have to play offense against your defense instead of a scramble if it was tipped.
3- There is no guarantee your team gets to that loose ball and then its far easier for a good team to pick your defense apart and score

PhillyFaninLA
02-14-2011, 10:08 AM
I've seen this as long as I can remember. This is not a new concept. Its like saying why slam down a dunk when you can just make a simple layup.

Rentzias
02-14-2011, 10:21 AM
No to beast blocks. Tip and recover. Morale is overrated. Just do your job and earn your millions.

xbrackattackx
02-14-2011, 10:26 AM

You obviously are just a casual NBA fan and do not participate in basketball in real life. You feel amazing when you get a block like that and it gets your team skying. Great momentum builder.

TheDiggler
02-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Good thread title !

Definitley some players are more the "entertainig" Blockers. They wanna spike that Ball into the next country if possible, which is senseless ... I agree.

Dwight Howard had some impressive blocks, where he just catched the ball out of the air. Some one-handed, too. Better block the ball to lead in to a fast-break or even into the other half to let the shot-clock run down for the opponent. Something like that, is better than just "throw" it out of bounds.

millerandco
02-14-2011, 10:41 AM
i love it when they just catch it in the air....much more effective and just as demoralizing...

especially if you go to the other end and get a dunk

AntiG
02-14-2011, 10:50 AM
since the explosion of mtv! its all about style over susbtance for the newer generations.

thus no more classic rock and hip hop albums.

thus no more jerry sloan.

thus no more detroit pistons of the 80's.

thus reggie miller complaining about no one cares about shooting.

thus you see volley ball instead of proper blocking.

But then you have the Celtics. Substance over style.

IndyRealist
02-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Ever since the internet and youtube age

Ever since ESPN and "top 10 plays of the day". Shaq used to do this nonsense all the time in his younger days.

CostanzaNumba0
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Proper shot blocking is a lost art, bill russell used to dominate games defensively by blocking the ball to himself and setting up the fastbreak..the result? 10 consecutive championships..a lot of these showmanship "morale" type of players end up losing the game, while guys like duncan win 4 titles

IndyRealist
02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
But there's no guarantee your team gets it. Plus the shot clock don't reset if I'm not mistaken so it puts them in a higher presure situation

But they get an out-of-bounds and can run a set play. Should you block the shot and the offense recover the ball, the clock is still running, they don't have a stopped clock to set up a new play, and all their players are out of position.

barreleffact
02-14-2011, 11:21 AM
^so are your players as well

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2011, 11:30 AM
you can tell easily in this thread between who care about individual glory and those who care about playing fundamental bball and doing what it takes to win the game.

and yes, i play ball and i've done the highlight reel blocks. the only thing it does is make me feel like i'm the ish and good for getting some laughs for my boys in a street game. it's a personal ego booster.

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I've seen this as long as I can remember. This is not a new concept. Its like saying why slam down a dunk when you can just make a simple layup.

slam dunk = 2 points. layup = 2 points.

if a slam dunk meant less points than a layup, i'd be laying it up.

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2011, 11:37 AM
You obviously are just a casual NBA fan and do not participate in basketball in real life. You feel amazing when you get a block like that and it gets your team skying. Great momentum builder.

i do, and when someone on my team does it, it doesn't do much for me.
it makes HIM look good, and it makes HIM feel good.

if i blew a cover, and help defense blocks what would've been a layup, it would feel good that he spiked it out of bounds.
but you know what? it would feel even better if he deflected it my way and we ran it down court for an easy bucket.

ChiDougie19
02-14-2011, 02:29 PM
this is pointless...person who made this must b one this always happens 2 :facepalm:

td0tsfinest
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I do agree it would make more sense to tip it to a teammate or try to keep it in possession but a lot of the times its to send a message. "Don't bring that weak stuff in here". It pumps up the crowd, your teammates and even that particular individual.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 02:48 PM
so could 5 points.

instead of being down by 2 in a tied game, you could be up by 2 or 3. that's a momentum shift to me.

But thats not guarenteed...

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Since Dwight entered the league :p, he's also the only one to catch the shot on multiple occasions... It's a momentum changer.

see Kenyon Martin.

IndyRealist
02-14-2011, 02:49 PM
^so are your players as well

But the shot clock is still running and they don't have a play set. Their players are out of position and you can double the ballhandler, because someone on the other team isn't going to recover in time to matter.

Let me also say that there's a huge difference between a pickup game and playing pro ball (not that I have). Go ahead and swat Kobe's shot into the stands, see if he doesn't drop 50 on you.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm going to offer a fresh perspective:

Swatting quickly at the ball increases the chance that the hand will make contact with the ball before it is considered goaltending. It is much easier to block if your hand is coming down on the ball rather than trying to be precise with it.

Atticus Finch
02-14-2011, 02:56 PM
I'll take the controlled block over the swat just like I'll take a clean steal over a tipped pass any day.

Lo Porto
02-14-2011, 03:03 PM

I agree 100%. At some point in the 90's, basketball became more about how you look doing it instead of just doing it. Shooters used to rule and skilled big men dominated. Now, you've got a bunch of carrying slashing guys who can't shoot who put up half their points getting sent to the FT line by biased refs. Only a handful of players are actually true shooters because all kids want to do growing up is dunk and dribble.

NYKSpiritBomb
02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
spiking the the ball out of the air into the stands is like metaphorically and sometimes physically t-bagging the other team.

IndyRealist
02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm going to offer a fresh perspective:

Swatting quickly at the ball increases the chance that the hand will make contact with the ball before it is considered goaltending. It is much easier to block if your hand is coming down on the ball rather than trying to be precise with it.

I disagree, having your hand in motion only gives you another thing that you have to time properly.

BALLER R
02-14-2011, 03:10 PM
statement and intimidation

Cromedome
02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Sure, on paper, it may seem easy to ALWAYS tip the ball to yourself....but when you play the game of basketball and block shots...things aren't always what it seems.

I'm a shot blocker and I have no problem throwing your "stuff" out the gym or to myself because either way...you'll think twice about bringing that weak "stuff" into my house.

magichatnumber9
02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I would be more pumped if my team retained possession of the ball from a good block. But I grew up idolizing Bill Russell who arguably is the greatest defensive center to ever play the game.

GMEN4EVER
02-14-2011, 03:32 PM
It's show boating for the most part. There's merit to the argument about it changing momentum, but really it's just another item in a long list of what's wrong with today's players.

KnicksorBust
02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I would be more pumped if my team retained possession of the ball from a good block. But I grew up idolizing Bill Russell who arguably is the greatest defensive center to ever play the game.

Exactly. How about a block leading to a fastbreak for an easy two points? That's a momentum swing. But there will always be players who would rather swat it 20 feet and look tough. Just like how we'll probably never see another underhanded free throw shooter.

magichatnumber9
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Well look at the Magic's perimeter defense and then factor in that they are 2nd in the league in paint protection, FG% at rim and a Top 3 defensive team... It's all because of Dwight's intimidation.

I instantly thought of Big Babies failed dunk on the fast break

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
But thats not guarenteed...

sure it's not, but i will guarantee that the other team will get the ball back 100% of the time if you spike it into the seats.
for them, you can say it's like getting a 2nd chance shot.

king4day
02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
there's never a guarantee you'll gain possession after a light block. Just like its not a sure thing a heavily swatted ball won't go to one of your teammates. The key things are to kill the momentum of the possession. Not everyone is dwight howard.

king4day
02-14-2011, 04:31 PM
sure it's not, but i will guarantee that the other team will get the ball back 100% of the time if you spike it into the seats.
for them, you can say it's like getting a 2nd chance shot.

You also end the momentum of the drive to the basket. The broken down defense that allowed the shot in the first place is no longer a problem. Also a shorter shot clock for them to run their offense again.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 04:34 PM
I disagree, having your hand in motion only gives you another thing that you have to time properly.

Huh? That doesn't make sense. If I swing my arm starting straight up in the air and bring it down so it's level with my shoulder, i've covered much more space than if I just kept my arm up in the air and tried to make contact. During the swing I don't need to time when the hand hits the ball..that is just going to happen by chance. But increasing my range of motion definitly increases the chance that my hand is going to hit the ball. If you swing, you can mess up the timing of the jump and still hit the ball because youi compensate by moving your arm forward. The same can't be said about just going straight up. If you screw up the timing going straight up, you aren't getting the block, or it's going to be a goaltending.

BALLER71
02-14-2011, 04:36 PM
That's why Alonzo Mourning is probably one of the most underrated shot blockers of all time. He always managed to get a block and get it back himself.

Atticus Finch
02-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Huh? That doesn't make sense. If I swing my arm starting straight up in the air and bring it down so it's level with my shoulder, i've covered much more space than if I just kept my arm up in the air and tried to make contact. During the swing I don't need to time when the hand hits the ball..that is just going to happen by chance. But increasing my range of motion definitly increases the chance that my hand is going to hit the ball. If you swing, you can mess up the timing of the jump and still hit the ball because youi compensate by moving your arm forward. The same can't be said about just going straight up. If you screw up the timing going straight up, you aren't getting the block, or it's going to be a goaltending.

Swinging also increases the chances of you getting called for a foul, so there is more to worry about when you swing. In the case of keeping your arms straight up, you might not get as many blocked shots, but you won't be called for as many fouls and you'll force a lot of opposing players to have to alter their shots, which at times can be just as good as a block.

SportsAndrew25
02-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Blocks like that look good for the TV, SportsCenter's Top 10 and Youtube.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Swinging also increases the chances of you getting called for a foul, so there is more to worry about when you swing. In the case of keeping your arms straight up, you might not get as many blocked shots, but you won't be called for as many fouls and you'll force a lot of opposing players to have to alter their shots, which at times can be just as good as a block.

Of course it does. I'm not saying it's always beneficial to swat the ball in the stands, and I'm not even saying that I think it's what defensive players should ALWAYS do. I'm just suggesting a reason as to why players do it. There are always going to be risky plays on defense. Sometime it's more beneficial to deny a pass then lay low and try to sprint to intercept it. I think knowing when to be risky and when to be conservative goes a long way in seperating good defenders bad ones.

Chronz
02-14-2011, 04:54 PM

This really doesnt address anything I said
Factor in how much better they would be defensively if they actually got stops on those shot blocks

i dont have a problem with an exaggerated block at all.

1- You intimidate your opponent and stop a score
2- You stop the clock and have the opportunity to reset your defense without the clock reseting. Thus they have to play offense against your defense instead of a scramble if it was tipped.
3- There is no guarantee your team gets to that loose ball and then its far easier for a good team to pick your defense apart and score
1) You intimidate and prevent a score regardless, the real difference is the % that you get the ball back are higher if you tip it but the real skill is tipping it to yourself.
2) True but its not a factor outweighed by the fact that blocked shots going the other way are more likely to end in a score but again tipping it to yourself and igniting the break is by far the best defensive outcome aside from forcing a liveball turn over. Tossing it out isnt more intimidating than tossing it to your teammate, a stuff is a stuff. The only time I forgive a player throwing it out is if theres like less than 5 seconds on the clock. But if its early enough for them to run a set it was a waisted block and youve lost on a potential fast break opportunity .
3) Its no guarantee you get the stop if you set your D, the point is your playing the %. % say you play for the tip

BkOriginalOne
02-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Knocking a ball into the stands have always been part of Shot blocking, since it has ALWAYS happened.

dtmagnet
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Because players seem to think that if a shot gets emphatically blocked the other team won't try to drive the paint anymore, which is wrong. The only true form of keeping people from driving is the old fashioned hard foul.

Atticus Finch
02-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Of course it does. I'm not saying it's always beneficial to swat the ball in the stands, and I'm not even saying that I think it's what defensive players should ALWAYS do. I'm just suggesting a reason as to why players do it. There are always going to be risky plays on defense. Sometime it's more beneficial to deny a pass then lay low and try to sprint to intercept it. I think knowing when to be risky and when to be conservative goes a long way in seperating good defenders bad ones.

Ah my bad, I misunderstood you. The bolded part I couldn't agree with more. In my opinion I think the best defenders aren't the ones who get the most steals and blocks but instead are the ones who can consistently force their man into bad shots and tough passes.

Kashmir13579
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Since intimidation and making a statement to your opponent and fans has had an influence over who wins the game...

Have you ever played basketball?

I have blocked the **** out of people and have also been blocked pretty hard... those types of blocks make a statement and can change the game.

It's not ****ing polo it's basketball.

its only been like that since the late 80s early 90s. before players starting doing this was the game not basketball? i'm with the OP and i'm amusing anyone who is from the old school (i am not) would agree. why not take the potential 5 point swing?

using your logic, its not football or hockey, its basketball. you can intimidate your opponent just as much if you grab the ball right out of the air and throw a perfect outlet for an open layup or dunk.

blahblahyoutoo
02-14-2011, 06:55 PM
This really doesnt address anything I said
Factor in how much better they would be defensively if they actually got stops on those shot blocks

1) You intimidate and prevent a score regardless, the real difference is the % that you get the ball back are higher if you tip it but the real skill is tipping it to yourself.
2) True but its not a factor outweighed by the fact that blocked shots going the other way are more likely to end in a score but again tipping it to yourself and igniting the break is by far the best defensive outcome aside from forcing a liveball turn over. Tossing it out isnt more intimidating than tossing it to your teammate, a stuff is a stuff. The only time I forgive a player throwing it out is if theres like less than 5 seconds on the clock. But if its early enough for them to run a set it was a waisted block and youve lost on a potential fast break opportunity .
3) Its no guarantee you get the stop if you set your D, the point is your playing the %. % say you play for the tip

the only time it's ok to swat hard at the ball is when you're coming full steam from behind (like what lebron does) and your momentum is going to carry you out of bounds anyway.
in that scenario, it's extremely difficult to control where your block is going to direct the eventual loose ball.

hard_candy
02-14-2011, 07:22 PM
espn Top 10 nightly highlights says you're wrong.

Steelers23_06
02-14-2011, 08:41 PM
the only time it's ok to swat hard at the ball is when you're coming full steam from behind (like what lebron does) and your momentum is going to carry you out of bounds anyway.
in that scenario, it's extremely difficult to control where your block is going to direct the eventual loose ball.

i can tell you dont play basketball or if so you were a bench rider. it just kills the mood. gets the defense hyped up. a spiked ball can get the blood pumping through the veins and wake a team up.

xbrackattackx
02-14-2011, 09:02 PM
i do, and when someone on my team does it, it doesn't do much for me.
it makes HIM look good, and it makes HIM feel good.

if i blew a cover, and help defense blocks what would've been a layup, it would feel good that he spiked it out of bounds.
but you know what? it would feel even better if he deflected it my way and we ran it down court for an easy bucket.

I get what your saying, It can be more useful for free points.

blahblahyoutoo
12-24-2012, 04:31 PM

but there is a guarantee that you won't get the ball if you swat it out of bounds, right?

Minimal
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Why not bumping threads from 1991?

blahblahyoutoo
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM

not the same, a dunk and a layup are both worth 2 points.
a block out of bounds leaves you no chance to regain the ball. a block trying to tip it to yourself increases your chances.

blahblahyoutoo
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Why not bumping threads from 1991?

why not speaking english properly?

Minimal
12-24-2012, 04:37 PM
why not speaking english properly?
iz spik inglis propali

Ezio
12-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Cause McGee made it cool.

Avenged
12-24-2012, 04:42 PM
You bumped a near 2 year old thread why exactly? Sorry dude.