PDA

View Full Version : Melo thanks himself for dealing with distractions

D Roses Bulls
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
I saw this on twitter yesterday as well, but anyone else starting to dislike carmelo?

It was only a matter of time. With all the trade rumors swirling and fans chanting Carmelo Anthony’s name in desperation that their team makes a push to acquire the all-star, he was bound to turn d-bag on us. When 17-player deals and defending NBA champions are involved, that tends to happen.

What Anthony has been able to do despite the distraction is certainly impressive. He has averaged over 40 points per game over his last three, so obviously his head has somehow remained in the right place. However, people in America tend to look down on those who pat themselves on the back. You’re supposed to let other people do that for you, hence why we don’t like when certain people offer to “take their talents” certain places.

“I think it takes a strong-willed person, a strong-minded person, to deal with the stuff that I deal with and still go out there and go to work every day and perform on a nightly basis,” the Denver forward said about the trade rumors via NBA Fanhouse. “I take my hat off to myself for dealing with all this stuff that’s going on and still be able to go out there and play at the high level that I can play at. I really don’t think an average person can walk in my shoes. I don’t think that.”

What a modest guy. All that stuff Anthony said is true, but it just doesn’t sound right when you say it about yourself. That is precisely the reason LeBron has become one of the most hated athletes in America — he states the obvious about himself and people don’t like that. Congratulations, Carmelo — you’re now a member of one of the most prestigious clubs in professional sports.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/carmelo-anthony-i-take-my-hat-off-to-myself-for-dealing-with-all-this-stuff/52744

marlinsfan24
02-13-2011, 05:14 PM
He's certainly a d-bag. I've been sick of him for about 2 months now.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 05:18 PM
what a woman. These guys all just want to stroke their own egos. If there wasn't a big fuss about where he was going to go, he'd cry about it even more.

Big ups to Kevin Durant for not trying to involve the whole world every time his contract is up.

210Don
02-13-2011, 05:18 PM
no way hes handled it so well, hes a way bigger person than ledouche i like him more now actually.

hugepatsfan
02-13-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't have any problem w/ Melo and the way he's handled this, but “I take my hat off to myself..." is never going to play well.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Handled it well? He's the one that caused it lol. If he didn't make his feelings about Denver public and start making demands, he wouldn't be in this situation.

210Don
02-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Handled it well? He's the one that caused it lol. If he didn't make his feelings about Denver public and start making demands, he wouldn't be in this situation.

least he didnt have a special on espn.

tcav701
02-13-2011, 05:30 PM

After he saw how LeBron went about it he probably wants the same self created attention.

210Don
02-13-2011, 05:31 PM
After he saw how LeBron went about it he probably wants the same self created attention.

maybe, but melo is a lot more likeable then james.

marlinsfan24
02-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Think people need to get over this now.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 05:34 PM
melo is stuck up? say it ain't so...
he deserves NY.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 05:34 PM

we'll get over it when lebron is no longer a douche. which means we're not getting over it.

210Don
02-13-2011, 05:35 PM
never. he has destroyed the nba.

we'll get over it when lebron is no longer a douche. which means we're not getting over it.

+1

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 05:41 PM

lol because he couldn't get one if he tried.

Nobody would tune in for that. I don't even follow it online anymore. Guy can go play for the Bucks for all I care...I dropped out of this soap opera a long time ago.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 05:43 PM

What does LeBron being a douche have to do with Carmelo being a douche? Does Carmelo gotta do everything his boyfriend does?

DoJoTheSlasher
02-13-2011, 05:44 PM
He's always been a douche and oh yeah, A LOSER.

210Don
02-13-2011, 05:45 PM

at least hes clutch, not his fault he has players that dont use their talents.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 05:48 PM

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

:facepalm:

210Don
02-13-2011, 05:57 PM
http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM

:facepalm:

you take lj then.

DoJoTheSlasher
02-13-2011, 06:05 PM

The exact definition of Dirk the past 10 years....

At least Melo's had Billups and Nene who is a legit center the past 5-6 years.

ilovemyangel
02-13-2011, 06:07 PM
that's some serious narcisissm

John Walls Era
02-13-2011, 06:07 PM
I love this kind of stuff.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
you take lj then.

lol 2 time MVP, one of the top defensive players in the league, a leading clutch performer, and took a team of scrubs to the playoffs regularly?

Sure, i'll take LBJ.

DamnGoat
02-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Typical NBA diva.

Spurred1
02-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Both LeBron and Melo come off as egotistical fools at times. But that certainly isn't unusual in the NBA.
That said, Melo really looks like he's stroking himself in his comments. That's fine, but what he's doing isn't a true hardship or some sort of life challenge. He's putting a ball in a basket and getting millions for it.

Gators123
02-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Typical NBA diva.

Yup.

Kashmir13579
02-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Not sick of him at all.

Kashmir13579
02-13-2011, 08:15 PM

oh yea, ask Jim Boeheim about that, lil fella.

BklynKnicks3
02-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Melo is starting to get alot of haters thats how u kno whe is a knick. Knick have alot of haters u would think we won something.

GodsSon
02-13-2011, 08:19 PM
maybe, but melo is a lot more likeable then james.

He's also nowhere near the player. A glorified Glenn Robinson with more hype.

BklynKnicks3
02-13-2011, 08:21 PM
hesss a bad boyyy

Tony_Starks
02-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Class act.

Kashmir13579
02-13-2011, 09:20 PM
He's also nowhere near the player. A glorified Glenn Robinson with more hype.

i prefer Steven Jackson.

KingPosey
02-13-2011, 09:30 PM

What demands? His demand of if u want me to sign an extension with a team u trade me too, it should be where i want to play? He shouldnt be forced to sign an extension with anyone. that's his right.

KingPosey
02-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Nobody would tune in for that. I don't even follow it online anymore. Guy can go play for the Bucks for all I care...I dropped out of this soap opera a long time ago.

lol yes you do, you posted this.

Supreme LA
02-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Melo has always kind of been full of himself. Yes, he is a great offensive player but show some humility man.

I remember him saying that nobody sees the defenses he has to face an what other teams are doing to try and stop him. He once said, Kobe never sees the double and triple teams that he does :facepalm:

goose14741
02-13-2011, 09:45 PM
ppl r funny

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 09:49 PM
lol yes you do, you posted this.

I haven't posted anything that shows that I care where he's going..because I don't. I don't follow the situation day to day anymore. I USED to, back when it looked like something was actually going to happen. But now it's clear that he's just being a diva and wants to string everyone along to try and show that he is as popular as LBJ.

Like I already said..i no longer care where he is, where he is going, or how he gets there. All I wanted to do was give some props to Kevin Durant for not being another superstar DIVA. He did it the way it was supposed to be done. More credit to him, less credit to the douchebags that want every franchise to bow to them...even though neither one of them have a ring.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 09:54 PM
What demands? His demand of if u want me to sign an extension with a team u trade me too, it should be where i want to play? He shouldnt be forced to sign an extension with anyone. that's his right.

sigh.

And how all this "trade" stuff begin in the first place? Exactly my point.

All i'm saying is that if he has a problem with all the talk, speculation, and rumors (all of which I highly doubt), he has nobody to blame but himself.

blahblahyoutoo
02-13-2011, 10:59 PM
What does LeBron being a douche have to do with Carmelo being a douche? Does Carmelo gotta do everything his boyfriend does?

where did i say that? do tell.

herniateddisc
02-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Well, he is the most skilled offensive player I have seen since Jordan. (not that level of athlete however)

He does get more d attention then just about anyone in the NBA b/c of his ability to post as well as dribble drive.

With that said, STFU.

Supreme LA
02-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Well, he is the most skilled offensive player I have seen since Jordan. (not that level of athlete however)

He does get more d attention then just about anyone in the NBA b/c of his ability to post as well as dribble drive.

With that said, STFU.

Melo is the most skilled offensive player you have see since MJ??? Really???:facepalm:

EaglesJackson10
02-13-2011, 11:59 PM
I hope he said your welcome to himself otherwise it would just be rude.

KingPosey
02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
sigh.

And how all this "trade" stuff begin in the first place? Exactly my point.

All i'm saying is that if he has a problem with all the talk, speculation, and rumors (all of which I highly doubt), he has nobody to blame but himself.

siiiiigh.

It started because he is an upcoming free agent, and he didnt want to sign an extension.

siiiiigh.

gtfo man.

Tony_Starks
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
He should ask himself is he really considering signing the extension with Denver?

Da Knicks
02-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Melo is the most skilled offensive player you have see since MJ??? Really???:facepalm:

I back him up on that and have said it for a few seasons now. Whatever team he goes to Carmelo is still the most skilled offensive player in the game.

AKAYaReal
02-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Sorry to say but class acts in this day and age are boring in the league.

I more respect a player that says whats really on their mind rather then what their PR reps tell them to say.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 04:41 PM
siiiiigh.

It started because he is an upcoming free agent, and he didnt want to sign an extension.

siiiiigh.

gtfo man.

lol whatever helps you sleep at night "man".

Last time I checked, players don't talk about how great it would be to play for another team while they are still under contract with a different team unless they want some attention.

You can hug his nuts all night if you want, but there are thousands of Nuggets fan that boo him...and they aren't doing it because he's "handled things so well".

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I back him up on that and have said it for a few seasons now. Whatever team he goes to Carmelo is still the most skilled offensive player in the game.

Based on what? Because the stats don't reflect it.

The BodyGuard °
02-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Honestly im on Melo side on this. He told everyone where he wants to play..How hard is for that to answer. Why would you want to play for a team you don't wanna be with in the future? ? People need to give the guy a break. The media blew it up on him only because it would start drama. But its Denver who screwing up thing. Come'on 4 players and 2 1st rd picks? ? Are you serious.. But I think in the off-season Denver would end up like the Raps And Cavs

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM

Yet your still posting on the Camelo Anthony topic. SMH

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
i prefer Steven Jackson.

Lol... Glenn Robinson or Steven Jackson couldn't even carry Melo's gym bag. GTF outta here with that.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 05:02 PM

You forgot to add Champion, and Olympic Gold-Medalist to your list as well.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM

Last time I checked, players don't talk about how great it would be to play for another team while they are still under contract with a different team unless they want some attention.

You can hug his nuts all night if you want, but there are thousands of Nuggets fan that boo him...and they aren't doing it because he's "handled things so well".

They're booing him because he's the best current Nugget's player, and the by the the best Nugget to put on a uniform in 20+ years. and he want's out. The same way LA booed Kobe...of course they're gonna boo.

KingPosey
02-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Hug his nuts? I dont even like Melo, but Ill call a bandwagon hater that exaggerates a situation a hater. Its ridiculous really that he is catching SO much heat for it.

And if your team is trying to FORCE you to sign an extension so they can TRADE you, you have every right to say what team you want to play for. He gets to choose where he wants to sign a contract.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 05:12 PM
They're booing him because he's the best current Nugget's player, and the by the the best Nugget to put on a uniform in 20+ years. and he want's out. The same way LA booed Kobe...of course they're gonna boo.

lol so let me get this straight:

To try and convince me that Carmelo hasn't been handling the situation poorly, you compare him to Kobe, who made outright demands and was video taped trashing his own players and team? And you say it's the same way?

lol I enjoy your writing and would like to see a collection of your best work.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
You forgot to add Champion, and Olympic Gold-Medalist to your list as well.

and drama queen...and ringless d-bag...which is only an addition to the previously mentioned "douchebag".

dtmagnet
02-14-2011, 05:18 PM
I started disliking him the moment he publicly asked for a trade.

Da Knicks
02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Based on what? Because the stats don't reflect it.

For a guy who doesnt care about Carmelo you sure like to argue about him, last second shot look at stats you want Melo, Clutch minutes in the game look at the stats you want Melo. 82games.com could be something you can look at or anywhere else that holds stats this guy is a machine.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
For a guy who doesnt care about Carmelo you sure like to argue about him, last second shot look at stats you want Melo, Clutch minutes in the game look at the stats you want Melo. 82games.com could be something you can look at or anywhere else that holds stats this guy is a machine.

I don't care where he's going. I don't care where he is. But he is a great player and i'm not going to avoid talking about his contributions to the league.

And you've kind of facepalmed yourself..because i've already posted a link from 82games.com showing LeBron as the top clutch player. I've also seen stats that show that there are guys scoring more points with the same or better shooting percentages.

I'm not saying he's not a great offensive player, i'm not saying he's not "a machine". But the quote I was responding to said he is "the best" offensive player in the game. That is what I'm arguing.

Dade County
02-14-2011, 05:34 PM
never. he has destroyed the nba.

I have to hear this... explain if you would like please. "How has LBJ destroyed the NBA"

Rentzias
02-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Sorry to say but class acts in this day and age are boring in the league.

I more respect a player that says whats really on their mind rather then what their PR reps tell them to say.

Sure but he TOOK HIS HAT OFF TO HIMSELF. I respect a player that says what's on his mind unless it's something like that.

Today, I set my car on fire. Man, it stressed me out. But I was still able to do my data entry. I take my hat off to myself.

whitemamba33
02-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Hug his nuts? I dont even like Melo, but Ill call a bandwagon hater that exaggerates a situation a hater. Its ridiculous really that he is catching SO much heat for it.

And if your team is trying to FORCE you to sign an extension so they can TRADE you, you have every right to say what team you want to play for. He gets to choose where he wants to sign a contract.

I'd love to go back and forth with you on this topic all day...but it's getting repetitive. If you think that this situation has been handled perfectly, that is your opinion, but I have my own. It just so happens that my opinion is supported by most of Colorado lol.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 06:13 PM
lol so let me get this straight:

To try and convince me that Carmelo hasn't been handling the situation poorly, you compare him to Kobe, who made outright demands and was video taped trashing his own players and team? And you say it's the same way?

lol I enjoy your writing and would like to see a collection of your best work.

What has he done so poorly? He's currently playing out his contract and playing @ high level. averaging 40 over the last 3. He could quit on his teammates and the organization. And leave his teammates to play the game on there own... and even bad mouth the organization and throwing a temper tantrum or even "DEMAND A TRADE" but no he hasn't done any of that. He's giving Denver the opportunity to trade him and get peices in return, He's not leavin them butt-naked in the cold, like LeBron or Bosh. Denver are the ones not letting in go through. Sounds like a class act to me. And no, please don't get it twisted my friend, I compared him to Kobe in the sense that his home crowd booed him. Melo never talked trash about his Denver Nugget's squad, and if he did... I musta missed it. So I would hafta kindly ask you to find that link to where he did.

And the way I write is irrelevant in this discussion and an illogical fallacy on your part. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. How bout we stick to the topic...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
and drama queen...and ringless d-bag...which is only an addition to the previously mentioned "douchebag".

:laugh2: I think Champion and Olypic gold medalist override anything you just said.

magichatnumber9
02-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi I'm Melo, I'm a .........