PDA

View Full Version : Wades Flagrant and KG no Call

$ NyC $
02-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Now im definitely not here 2 bash any1 because i love this big matchups but i really don't understand how KG didn't get called for an illegal screen but Wade was just called for a flagrant. How is that a flagrant foul?

Either way im loving the intensity and i think the games get better when the players get more aggressive and pick the intensity up. Reminds me of the ol' days.

marlinsfan24
02-13-2011, 03:40 PM
That turned into a 6 point swing for the Celtics. Absolute ******** call.

HoopsDrive
02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
KG punked Miler there... there has been some awful no calls in this game though.

$ NyC $
02-13-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm down for some hard screens during the games but it was obvious he lowered the shoulder. I get thats a no call and understand Wade should have gotten called for a foul also but a flagrant?! That was a big possession.

Doogolas
02-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Easy:

A hard screen is legal. Look at the one Ilguaskas put on Rondo not a minute earlier.

Wade outright sprinted into KG. That is a nonbasketball play.

Fnom11
02-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Easy:

A hard screen is legal. Look at the one Ilguaskas put on Rondo not a minute earlier.

did you even see the play lol?

nigerianking
02-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Easy:

Exactly. Not hard to understand really.

PurpleJesus
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
wade deliberately pushed KG...arms prove an all out shove...its a flagrant. KG set a screen that should have been called a foul, but it wasnt called. Wade pushed KG while play was going on. Obvious flagrant

ManRam
02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm OK with the no-call on KG's screen. I wouldn't give Wade a flagrant, but he did clearly go after him. I'm not going to say it shouldn't have been a flagrant, however. It was certainly the more egregious play of the two...

Doogolas
02-13-2011, 03:56 PM
did you even see the play lol?
Did you? KG gave a hard screen, EXACTLY like the one Ilgauskas got away with not even a minute before. Then Wade just sprinted to KG and pushed him.

Fnom11
02-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Did you? KG gave a hard screen, EXACTLY like the one Ilgauskas got away with not even a minute before. Then Wade just sprinted to KG and pushed him.

Dumb. No other words for it.

MJ-BULLS
02-13-2011, 04:00 PM
nothing wrong with the screen. it was a nice old fashion hard screen, by a throw back player in KG.

marlinsfan24
^Big Z didn't lower his shoulder, KG did.

Bigbadmoffo
This should be moved to game thread!

Nikeman
02-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I wish Wade took KG out that play..

Any of you guys still watching, the game has turned into a joke, **** NBA Refs

YoungOne
02-13-2011, 04:01 PM
wow a thread for this?

Super.
02-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Seriously? What a bunch of babies.

Apparently no one knows what a legal hard screen is

Doogolas
02-13-2011, 04:03 PM

Most people lower their shoulder on screens because it's how you brace yourself when someone is about to run right the **** into your stomach. It's actually a natural reaction. Ilguaskas is like 95 feet tall, doesn't have to worry about his stomach being plowed into. Especially with him screening the 6'2" Rondo.

It's not like KG lowered his shoulder an obnoxious amount. Seriously MOST screens look like that. Take off the KG hate glasses for two seconds guys.

tsb77
02-13-2011, 04:05 PM

If its any consolation at least you guys have jeff van gundy sucking the heat's dick

shep33
02-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Honestly though guys... KG sets those screens against every team, every night. He always does that, so I don't get why people get upset over that. Trust me I'm a Laker fan, we've seen that in the finals a lot. However, you just play through it, and I actually like that KG does it, because it makes everyone else play harder and even tougher.

That being said, terrible call on Wade.

marlinsfan24
02-13-2011, 04:10 PM
What Wade did was stupid, no doubt. But I don't think it was flagrant worthy.

Doogolas
02-13-2011, 04:13 PM
A flagrant is a foul on a nonbasketball action. What he did was not a basketball action. It's impossible to not call it as a flagrant.

BULLSFAN0810
02-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Now im definitely not here 2 bash any1 because i love this big matchups but i really don't understand how KG didn't get called for an illegal screen but Wade was just called for a flagrant. How is that a flagrant foul?

Either way im loving the intensity and i think the games get better when the players get more aggressive and pick the intensity up. Reminds me of the ol' days.

The reason is KG made a basket ball screen that had some dirt to it and Wade just str8 up pushed him..KG shows if you wanna play dirty or rough do it within the rules of basketball....Hey do yall see Rondo guarding LBJ? Best player in NBA huh?

Fnom11
02-13-2011, 04:18 PM
The reason is KG made a basket ball screen that had some dirt to it and Wade just str8 up pushed him..KG shows if you wanna play dirty or rough do it within the rules of basketball....Hey do yall see Rondo guarding LBJ? Best player in NBA huh?

You mean literally holding James right? Even an homer could tell he has James arm locked almost every second.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-13-2011, 04:26 PM
This should be moved to game thread!

^^^^^^^

Stuckey#3
02-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Easy:

Agreed... what KG did was dirty, but legal. KG does this all the time. Two years ago in the playoffs he and Pachulia from ATL nearly came to blows over the same play. Still a good no call.

What Wade did was a frustration foul.

Stuckey#3
02-13-2011, 04:33 PM
A lot of questionable calls and bad no calls in this game though regardless aside from this play. The refs are inconsistant as ****.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Fact: Heat fans blame it on the refs every time they lose.

Sorry, but all credibility is lost.

EDIT: and btw, the difference between Kobe and LeBron....Kobe doesn't miss that free throw.

$ NyC $
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
i would get if he got called for a tech not a flagrant though

Piercefan34
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
If its any consolation at least you guys have jeff van gundy sucking the heat's dick

lmao. i know right. there were a lot of ******** calls but they were on both sides at least. KG had a clean steal and even van gundy called it clean. u cant pin the game on the refs when they called **** both ways

Jahari Kavi
02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
I miss the days when these type of plays would be no calls........

Piercefan34
02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
and lebron actually put rondo in an arm bar...just saying

Fnom11
02-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Good game from the Celtics, well except Pierce. Refs were very inconsistent but I don't want to win through refs. We'll never be better than the the Celtics if we don't have a good O Set.

69centers
02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Wade wasn't boxing out, it was clearly a retaliation shove. The refs have to make sure that's not part of the game and it was the right call IMO. When it's not a basketball play, it's flagrant.

marlinsfan24
02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
lmao. i know right. there were a lot of ******** calls but they were on both sides at least. KG had a clean steal and even van gundy called it clean. u cant pin the game on the refs when they called **** both ways

I actually agree with this. In the 3rd, the C's got so many calls going their way. Then the refs helped the Heat back into the game. But in the last few minutes, they ****ed over both teams. The NBA really needs to address their pathetic reffing.

Good game btw dude.

knicks4life33
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
im also ok with the hard screen from kg cause there are so many hard screens in every game this is just going to be magnified.

magichatnumber9
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Was the game thread not enough?:shrug:

Shkelqim
02-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Tough game:D

Its just the regular season though.

Doesn't mean much, wait until the playoffs.

Hawkize31
02-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Bad calls on both sides. Doesn't matter in the long run, these teams are a half game apart.

avrpatsfan
02-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Wade ran at KG and shoved him out of frustration. KG set a legal screen. Simple as that.

eagles715
02-13-2011, 05:48 PM
kg lowered his shoulder come on that was blatant and retaliation for the screen that ilgauskas set on rondo..also after rondo got picked, he ran up and fouled lebron..so why the double standard? Garnett is just a dirty player..guy hits people in the balls so i have no respect for him haha

J-Relo
02-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Wade ran at KG and shoved him out of frustration. KG set a legal screen. Simple as that.

You are right on Wade.
You are wrong on Garnett.

Simple as that.

Azzacadabra
02-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Finally, I was waiting for the "KG is a dirty player" reference. 3 pages in? Meh you can do better.

unwantedplayer
02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
You are right on Wade.
You are wrong on Garnett.

Simple as that.

Care to explain why?

Gram
02-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah I saw that. KG flopped like a lil bich lol.

ilovemyangel
02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
i think the screen is legal, obviously. haha. d-wade is a punk.

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
KG has become easily the dirtiest player in the league now that he doesn't physically outmatch his opponents. He's become a rich man's Bowen/R Bell at the PF position.

John Walls Era
02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
The smart move would be to call a personal foul or a technical. That flagrant cost them the game (?).

Hoopsadvocate
02-13-2011, 06:08 PM
I respect his tenacity on defense and passion and had very little issue with his screen (he just dipped that shoulder a lil but not significantly it was a good screen) i just have a problem with the call on wade on the other end, as i see garnett,perkins, and even our bigs battling with their forarms underneath like that all the time and i know obviously wades was a little rougher but thats it just rougher it didnt deserve no flagrant, a foul yes, but not a flagrant that costed us like 4 points when it was all said and done especially in a close game like this.

whitemamba33
02-13-2011, 06:09 PM
KG has become easily the dirtiest player in the league now that he doesn't physically outmatch his opponents. He's become a rich man's Bowen/R Bell at the PF position.

gets.it.done.

SteBO
02-13-2011, 06:11 PM
i think the screen is legal, obviously. haha. d-wade is a punk.
The screen was legal. D-Wade did well putting that douche in his place.

Bring The Heat
Hard to respect a player like KG who hits grown men in the balls... and that screen looked dirty to me.. Clearly lowered his shoulder and knocked miller to the floor...

what was up with rondo trying to get into the heat huddle? What an idiot... the players have patience because I would've decked him in the face

nshush
The entire game was fixed for the Celtics. LeBron was clearly fouled when it was a 2 point game at the end and wasn't called. It's obvious Refs have agenda against them.

nshush
02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I love how people are saying that was a fair screen by KG. He intentionally elbowed Miller. WOW!

SwaggaIke
02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
You can call it poorly reffed or you can say they were allowed to play. KG's screen was legal & the "flagrant" on Wade was complete ********. It was a huge call that helped swing the game. With that being said it wasn't the end all be all. Miami needs to learn to close games better. We're making strides, but it's not quite there yet against our biggest nemesis.

Bring The Heat
I love how people are saying that was a fair screen by KG. He intentionally elbowed Miller. WOW!

Yeah seriously I don't understand what people are looking at... Last time I checked when you screen you stand still not intentionally lower your shoulder and knock down the opposing player

ilovemyangel
I respect his tenacity on defense and passion and had very little issue with his screen (he just dipped that shoulder a lil but not significantly it was a good screen) i just have a problem with the call on wade on the other end, as i see garnett,perkins, and even our bigs battling with their forarms underneath like that all the time and i know obviously wades was a little rougher but thats it just rougher it didnt deserve no flagrant, a foul yes, but not a flagrant that costed us like 4 points when it was all said and done especially in a close game like this.

it wasn't a play on the ball, it's a obvious flagrant in today's nba.

The screen was legal. D-Wade did well putting that douche in his place.

i wonder if wade would do that if the one who set the "legal screen" was shaq. just play man.

The entire game was fixed for the Celtics. LeBron was clearly fouled when it was a 2 point game at the end and wasn't called. It's obvious Refs have agenda against them.

Yes yes, you said that even though Lebron has a chance to tie up the game and messed up?

Heat fans can do better right?

FakeBlackMamba
02-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Stop crying Heat fans. There was some pretty crappy calls both ways. Boston got called for traveling a few times and it wasnt even close to traveling...it went both ways

SteBO
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM
it wasn't a play on the ball, it's a obvious flagrant in today's nba.

i wonder if wade would do that if the one who set the "legal screen" was shaq. just play man.

Yes yes, you said that even though Lebron has a chance to tie up the game and messed up?

Heat fans can do better right?
So you want Wade to just stand there and KG pick on his teammates. I don't think so, although it did cost is in the end, in addition to LeBron missing at the line.

ilovemyangel
02-13-2011, 06:23 PM
So you want Wade to just stand there and KG pick on his teammates. I don't think so, although it did cost is in the end, in addition to LeBron missing at the line.

Kg set a pick, which is a basketball play if memory does not fails me. now would you deck someone for dunking on you?

NickyNick
02-13-2011, 06:24 PM
legal screen......stop crying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOY_Gx7xlAk

SteBO
02-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Kg set a pick, which is a basketball play if memory does not fails me. now would you deck someone for dunking on you?
He lowered the shoulder though. Wade didn't have to react like that, but I can't blame him for doing it. KG does that **** all the time. That's all I'm saying.

J_M_B
02-13-2011, 06:26 PM
I loved it.

Wade stepped up for his teammate. Garnett, obviously lowered his shoulder, just watch the replay. Many posters don't think this Heat squad has chemistry, but these guys have bonded.

Chapin78
02-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Anyone got a link to this play? I'll reserve comment until I see it.

h2r09
02-13-2011, 06:33 PM
haha. not only did KG lower his shoulder right as miller went into him, but he flopped like a little ***** when wade hit him back. did you see him jump after the initial hit and the throw his arms up in the air to draw attention to it. smart play but KG is a cheap little *****.

Rego247
02-13-2011, 06:34 PM

now your talking about something completely different. the question is whether KG screen was a foul (which it wasnt imo) and wade push was a flagrant. it was a foul no doubt, but whether it was a flagrant, is debatable (thought it was a bit severe).

Reversed86Curse
02-13-2011, 06:37 PM

You must have not watched past the third quarter, cause it was heavily in the Heats favor. It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about

Chapin78
02-13-2011, 06:38 PM
I just seen it.....That was kinda dirty by KG its like an unnecassary hit in football you kinda just can't do it. Yes he did lower the shoulder a tad so anyone saying he didn't is blind (just goes to show you that KG is consistantly a dirty player). Wade saw the whole thing and had his teammates back. It was a little shove but if that shot was missed and the ball was live there would have been no problem with it. It was a horrible flop by KG how are you going to let someone much smaller then you make you leave your feet? A play like this involving KG is anyone really suprised?

SteBO
02-13-2011, 06:38 PM
now your talking about something completely different. the question is whether KG screen was a foul (which it wasnt imo) and wade push was a flagrant. it was a foul no doubt, but whether it was a flagrant, is debatable (thought it was a bit severe).
I saw KG lower his shoulder, and Wade didn't like it, so he retaliated. It definitely was not flagrant wothy, maybe a technical, but not a flagrant. I guess I justappreciate it when guys stick up for their teammates.

SteBO
02-13-2011, 06:40 PM
You must have not watched past the third quarter, cause it was heavily in the Heats favor. It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about
The officiating overall was bad, both ways. I was pleased with our late comeback, but we still lost. :sigh: That was the forst time I've ever seen 5 second call on Rondo backing down, and there was a offensive foul on KG that was questionable.

Meatmypet
02-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Watch the replay on NBA.com. It's a legal, but hard screen.

Meatmypet
02-13-2011, 06:46 PM
He lowered the shoulder though. Wade didn't have to react like that, but I can't blame him for doing it. KG does that **** all the time. That's all I'm saying.

Where in that replay do you see a shoulder lowered? You mean when Miller ran into KG?

Let see you take a shove and not move.

redsox0717
02-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Screen was legal, Wade made a non-basketball play in that push which the rules clearly state constitutes a flagrant foul.

/thread

SteBO
02-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Where in that replay do you see a shoulder lowered? You mean when Miller ran into KG?

Let see you take a shove and not move.
Watch and you'll see that he did. As redsox0717 said.....

/thread

redsox0717
02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
This is why defenders should know where all the players are on the court...people want Miller to be rewarded for being unaware of his surroundings. It was his momentum that made that screen look so bad, not KG's actions. So keep crying about this if it makes you feel better about your lose.

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
legal screen......stop crying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOY_Gx7xlAk

NOT a legal screen. First of all, he wasn't completely set upon contact and second of all he moved his upper body INTO Mike Miller, which is clearly not legal. This isn't football. You can't be blocking people like that. Dirty play from a dirty player.

Meatmypet
02-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Watch and you'll see that he did. As redsox0717 said.....

/thread

Even JVG said it was a clean screen.

Are we arguing that's why the Heat lost? Or was it Lebron missing the freethrow in the end that ultimately cost them the game? Lol

Meatmypet
02-13-2011, 06:59 PM
NOT a legal screen. First of all, he wasn't completely set upon contact and second of all he moved his upper body INTO Mike Miller, which is clearly not legal. This isn't football. You can't be blocking people like that. Dirty play from a dirty player.

I guess someone failed physics in high school, huh?

SteBO
02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Even JVG said it was a clean screen.

Are we arguing that's why the Heat lost? Or was it Lebron missing the freethrow in the end that ultimately cost them the game? Lol
JVG is an idiot, so I don't see any reason to take anything he says with grain of salt. No, that's not the play that lost them the game. That's silly talk. LeBron needs to hit that FT in the end.

5ass
02-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Screen was legal, Wade made a non-basketball play in that push which the rules clearly state constitutes a flagrant foul.

/thread

as much as i hate KG, this guy is right.. i think garnett lowered his shoulder a bit but it doesnt look like a foul.. i give wade credit for standing up for his team though.. it must be so frustrating playing against KG, hes just a dirty player and an as-s.. just look at how he tries to exaggerate wades push.. but hey thats why hes so successful

goose14741
02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
wade woulda got his *** wooped

goose14741
02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
completely a legal screen, 100 percent legal

SteBO
02-13-2011, 07:09 PM
wade woulda got his *** wooped
No way.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
02-13-2011, 07:10 PM

:cry:

This guy serious?

$ NyC $
02-13-2011, 07:22 PM
No, that missed free-throw cost them the game. Could have potentially went to OT.

PurpleJesus
02-13-2011, 07:24 PM
6 pages on a screen

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I guess someone failed physics in high school, huh?

Zing!!

WHODAT8o8
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
U guys should be mad about wen as some people call him LeChoke missed that free throw

goose14741
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM

i kno right! finally someone i can relate to, did you kno that bush blew up the towers?

WHODAT8o8
02-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Stop blaming thedamn refs for the loss.. Miller missed a wide open three that could've tied the game so stop *****in about the refs already

Supreme LA
02-13-2011, 07:45 PM
It was a hard legal screen by KG. Get over it Heat fans. You should be more upset about Lebron missing that free-throw.

unwantedplayer
02-13-2011, 07:48 PM

Oh please. There many calls that were in favor of the Heat. Don't start with that ****.

Supreme LA
02-13-2011, 07:52 PM
BTW, can someone explain to me how I can center my sig like the rest of you guys? Thx

KG21
02-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Legal hard screen, now just happens that KG set it up and now "hes dirty etc..."
You guys had 2 chances to win an now you are putting all that anger on this legal screen.

What do you guys want a lollipop or sumting?

Lebron had 2 FT to tie it up and then Miller had another chance to tie it up and you blew it.

Wade did what he had to to as a leader and according to his play, his jumpers didnt cash in. So he went at KG. He deserved a flagrant and that it.

Heat players should tell Miller to watch out but everything went so fast that actually miller wasnt paying attention to things like that.

Now Heat Fans don't be hating on KG like Cavs Fans are on Lebron, you know how that looks like, It makes you look like complete losers and whiners.

Btw I think Bosh didn't get as much chances as he should he was plying exceptionally good.

Arch Stanton
02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Heat fans r still mad they lost?

justinnum1
Oh please. There many calls that were in favor of the Heat. Don't start with that ****.

Someone didn't watch the first 3 qtrs

footballer2369
Hm... shocker, a guy with the name KG21 defends KG.

justinnum1
Heat fans r still mad they lost?

:yawn:

KG21
02-13-2011, 08:04 PM

I'm just stating the facts.
Even Jeff van gundy said that was a hard screen, deal with it homer.

Or do you want a tissue?

iggypop123
02-13-2011, 08:06 PM
kg has had worse moving screens. the flagrant is laughable. van gundy nearly lost his mind. i cant blame him.

chicago lulz
02-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Heat fans saying that KG's screen was illegal...shocker as well

Kobes a Killer
02-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Can somoene explain how it was a legal screen when he dipped his shoulder? I think Miller would have hit the deck regardless, but KG clearly dipped his shoulder like a punk, and if you think he didn't dip his shoulder you're blind or you did not watch a single replay of what happened

BallinGid3
02-13-2011, 08:12 PM
obv illegal screen.. shoulder dipped .

KG21
02-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Can somoene explain how it was a legal screen when he dipped his shoulder? I think Miller would have hit the deck regardless, but KG clearly dipped his shoulder like a punk, and if you think he didn't dip his shoulder you're blind or you did not watch a single replay of what happened

He dipped it cuz it would be easier to absorb the force that hit would make on KG. If KG did a normal screen he would be thrown down as miller was.So to withstand that, he dipped it a bit.

And have you heard of hard screen, if you didn't KG showed you how to do it and If you call it illegal then you should play chess or sumting else that does not require physical toughness.

Kobes a Killer
02-13-2011, 08:19 PM
He dipped it cuz it would be easier to absorb the force that hit would make on KG. If KG did a normal screen he would be thrown down as miller was.So to withstand that, he dipped it a bit.

And have you heard of hard screen, if you didn't KG showed you how to do it and If you call it illegal then you should play chess or sumting else that does not require physical toughness.

Hahahaha, ok, cause Miller would have taken KG out had he not dipped his shoulder, this makes me laugh, the extent KG fans will go to defend him

Not too bad of an excuse though, and yes i've heard of a hard screen, not only was he catching him off guard, but he put his shoulder down to make it even harder, against a smaller guy, the type of thing KG does

Play chess? No thanks, i've played hokey and basketball all my life, I love the physicality of it, i'm just saying, like I just did, there's no need to dip you shoulder when you're already catching the guy off guard and when he's smaller than you

Niro
02-13-2011, 08:19 PM
hard screen i think it should be a foul BUT in todays league were players got phantom call over phantom call its a clear whistle
thats just inconsistent from the refs

also dont think wades little should have been a flagrant foul just a normal one but once again in todays nba thats a flagrant one..

Kobes a Killer
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM

I'm guessing my sig shows you what I think of physical sports

I'm not shy about it at all, I just don't like punks

Kobes a Killer
02-13-2011, 08:21 PM
hard screen i think it should be a foul BUT in todays league were players got phantom call over phantom call its a clear whistle
thats just inconsistent from the refs

also dont think wades little should have been a flagrant foul just a normal one but once again in todays nba thats a flagrant one..

I've always loved your sig, I've always loved Curry. Great effective move, I've used it a few times myself if I might add

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm just stating the facts.
Even Jeff van gundy said that was a hard screen, deal with it homer.

Or do you want a tissue?

Oh, ****. My b. Well it must be true, then, right?

Heat fans saying that KG's screen was illegal...shocker as well

Thread started by NYK fan.

KG21
02-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Hahahaha, ok, cause Miller would have taken KG out had he not dipped his shoulder, this makes me laugh, the extent KG fans will go to defend him

Not too bad of an excuse though, and yes i've heard of a hard screen, not only was he catching him off guard, but he put his shoulder down to make it even harder, against a smaller guy, the type of thing KG does

Play chess? No thanks, i've played hokey and basketball all my life, I love the physicality of it, i'm just saying, like I just did, there's no need to dip you shoulder when you're already catching the guy off guard and when he's smaller than you

If miller paid attention he would blow by KG's hard screen and this wouldn't happen?
Like I said miller was running back obviously he would take KG with him to the ground...simple physics.Now if you didn't see that, it's your problem.

And next time you play bb, and try to make a normal screen while someone is running and not paying attention round him like miller did and tell me how did it go...oh wait ill tell you, your *** would be on the floor.But If you set a good screen / hard screen your *** would be standing and person not paying attention would be sitting on his behind. Hehe

KG21
02-13-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm guessing my sig shows you what I think of physical sports

I'm not shy about it at all, I just don't like punks

Queen Elisabeth can have exact same thing but would it mean she likes it rough? :P

HakeemTheDream
02-13-2011, 08:28 PM
It's clear that the Celtics treated this game like a playoff game, no dirty tactics or dirty fouls barred. But the Heat treated it like a regular season game. Interpret that how you want it, positive or negative, I'm just stating an observation.

KG21
02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh, ****. My b. Well it must be true, then, right?

Thread started by NYK fan.

He was referring to you I think.

Celtics fan saying it wasnt a faul...

And Heat fan saying it is...

Shocker...
Get it?

Rndy
02-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Welcome to Basketball Refs are terrible in the nba. People should be used to it by now.

Tony_Starks
02-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Nothing KG does surprises anymore. Was nice to see Wade man up though.....

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 08:35 PM

Shocker...
Get it?

KG fan disagreeing with OP about KG's play being a foul, Heat fan disagreeing with KG fan and agreeing with OP and Bulls fan disagreeing to be a Contrarian. Sounds par for the course.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I love all the Miami Heat fans crying about refs. In 2006, it was: "The refs are never wrong!"...in 2011 it's: "The refs are fixing regular season games versus the Celtics!!!!".

KG21
02-13-2011, 08:37 PM
KG fan disagreeing with OP about KG's play being a foul, Heat fan disagreeing with KG fan and agreeing with OP and Bulls fan disagreeing to be a Contrarian. Sounds par for the course.

all I'm going to say to you now...is lol

Supreme LA
02-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Shocker...
Get it?

And a Lakers fan saying it wasn't a foul. Miller was back pedaling, so it looked worst than it really was because he hit the floor. Miller should have been more aware he was playing against KG and the Celtics because you can pretty much expect hard solid screens. As long as KG isn't moving like he usually does, it's fine with me.

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 08:44 PM
I love all the Miami Heat fans crying about refs. In 2006, it was: "The refs are never wrong!"...in 2011 it's: "The refs are fixing regular season games versus the Celtics!!!!".

No, 2006 was just the Mavs choking. You don't lose 4 in a row because of the refs.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 08:47 PM
No, 2006 was just the Mavs choking. You don't lose 4 in a row because of the refs.

Lol, keep telling yourself that. Wade still holds the all time record for FTA in a 6 game series (over Shaq, who was fouled intentionally for his lack of ability to make free throws).

Tony_Starks
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
KG really knows how to pick em doesn't he? Channing Frye. Mike Miller. I've never seen him pull that crap on Artest, on KMart, on Stephen Jackson....etc.

What a toughguy he is!

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Lol, keep telling yourself that. Wade still holds the all time record for FTA in a 6 game series (over Shaq, who was fouled intentionally for his lack of ability to make free throws).

Up 13 halfway through the 4th qtr of game 3, could of gone up 3-0 in the series and more than likely win it. Choke job.

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 08:52 PM
KG really knows how to pick em doesn't he? Channing Frye. Mike Miller. I've never seen him pull that crap on Artest, on KMart, on Stephen Jackson....etc.

What a toughguy he is!

Yup, thankfully the Heat will have UD back to handle that in the playoffs.

tonyd3b54
02-13-2011, 08:58 PM
hahaha i read the first 2 pages... basically it goes like this

miami fan- OFMGGGGGG!!!!!!!! THAT WAS SUCH A FOUL BY KG AND WADES AWESOME HE SHOULDNT HAVE GOTTEN A FLAGRANT!!!!

everyone else- good hard screen... not really sure about the flagrant... some for it some against it...

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Up 13 halfway through the 4th qtr of game 3, could of gone up 3-0 in the series and more than likely win it. Choke job.

With 7 fouls called on the Mavs over that span.

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 09:00 PM
With 7 fouls called on the Mavs over that span.

Maybe because they were actually fouling. Just a thought...

Arch Stanton
02-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Yup, thankfully the Heat will have UD back to handle that in the playoffs.

You guys make UD sound like a superstar. He's a role player at best.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Maybe because they were actually fouling. Just a thought...

Of course, every one of those fouls in 2006 was legit. As I said, Heat fans act like the refs were infallible in 2006 and are upset over foul calls for a regular season game in 2011 (and really, not just today).

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 09:07 PM
You guys make UD sound like a superstar. He's a role player at best.

He's a tough role player who doesn't take **** from the opponent, plays D, spaces the floor, hustles and crashes the boards. Pound for pound he's the toughest guy I've seen.

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Of course, every one of those fouls in 2006 was legit. As I said, Heat fans act like the refs were infallible in 2006 and are upset over foul calls for a regular season game in 2011 (and really, not just today).

I never said they were perfect, and I haven't even commented on today's game. Mavs were chokers and they proved it again the next year losing to an 8 seed.

Arch Stanton
02-13-2011, 09:11 PM
He's a tough role player who doesn't take **** from the opponent, plays D, spaces the floor, hustles and crashes the boards. Pound for pound he's the toughest guy I've seen.

Im sure he helps. But not the difference maker.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I never said they were perfect, and I haven't even commented on today's game. Mavs were chokers and they proved it again the next year losing to an 8 seed.

I'm glad you watched the regular season and noticed that despite the 67 wins, only one of those came against Golden State. So did three losses. I'm guessing you probably forgot their former coach was also the coach of the GSW. The NBA is far more talented today than it was then. The Mavs 67 win squad played limited defense and had Eric Dampier and Desagana Diop as centers. How they won 67 games, only God knows...

Kobes a Killer
02-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Queen Elisabeth can have exact same thing but would it mean she likes it rough? :P

oooooook?

But she wouldn't have it as her sig though, weirdo

koLohe2133
02-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Heat fans are almost as bad as leb*tch James....

Why y'all so cranky? U miss feeding time or what??

U can't beat a shorthanded Boston team......accept it.

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm glad you watched the regular season and noticed that despite the 67 wins, only one of those came against Golden State. So did three losses. I'm guessing you probably forgot their former coach was also the coach of the GSW. The NBA is far more talented today than it was then. The Mavs 67 win squad played limited defense and had Eric Dampier and Desagana Diop as centers. How they won 67 games, only God knows...

heimlich maneuver...

D1JM
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM

whoa. what a badass. he should have his own cartoon series or appear in the next gangland

Skizzik
heimlich maneuver...

The fun thing about someone like you is...you just say choke and act like that is a logical argument. You don't use anything of value to back it up.

Car Ramrod
The refs did make some brutal calls but it was against both teams. It was a good screen and based on the rule book the ref had to make the call on Wade. It was an obvious shove not a box out. I would have just called a foul, at the end of the day the rules are the rules. If the ref was worried the game was going to get out of hand thats when the call comes out.

The only reason Miami was even in the game was because for some reason Rondo stopped going to the basket in the fourth.

Miami is bad at defending point guards that can penetrate and they can't rebound. A good team but they have to figure out help defense before the playoffs.

Saw today how important Perkins is to Boston.

FlashMacker
The Mavs were chokers. Had an opportunity to go up 3-0 in 2006. choked. GS. choked. Lost to the Hornets the next year I think. Choked again.

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 09:26 PM
The fun thing about someone like you is...you just say choke and act like that is a logical argument. You don't use anything of value to back it up.

All you did was give a bunch of silly *** excuses. So what if Don Nelson was their former coach? And losing to GS in the regular season just means that their choking wasn't limited to the playoffs.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 09:26 PM
The Mavs were chokers. Had an opportunity to go up 3-0 in 2006. choked. GS. choked. Lost to the Hornets the next year I think. Choked again.

Lol...how is losing to the Hornets choking? Hornets - 2nd seed, Mavs - 7th seed... Heat fandom at it's finest.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 09:27 PM
All you did was give a bunch of silly *** excuses. So what if Don Nelson was their former coach? And losing to GS in the regular season just means that their choking wasn't limited to the playoffs.

Because no team has ever had a matchup problem with an inferior team in the history of sports...EVER! But hey, keep believing!

FlashMacker
02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Lol...how is losing to the Hornets choking? Hornets - 2nd seed, Mavs - 7th seed... Heat fandom at it's finest.

I don't care what seed they were. Dallas was a better team than the Hornets

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Because no team has ever had a matchup problem with an inferior team in the history of sports...EVER! But hey, keep believing!

A true championship contender would have beaten them when it counted. Back to back colossal choke jobs by the Mavs.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't care what seed they were. Dallas was a better team than the Hornets

Explain how exactly? We didn't have major injuries in 2008...so it's not like we were the 7th seed because we lost games due to missing players. The Hornets on the other hand may have overachieved...but most certainly were better than the Mavs. If you haven't noticed, Kidd can't exactly cover point guards...period. See: CP3 versus Kidd in 2008 playoffs, Tony Parker versus Kidd in 2009 playoffs, Hill and Parker versus Kidd in 2010 playoffs...and pretty much every regular season game Kidd has played versus quick guards since rejoining the Mavs. The Hornets were the better team and had a huge matchup advantage.

ElMarroAfamado
02-13-2011, 09:37 PM
they did not a call it a flagrant foul because lebron james cant shoot and Lebrick is a perfect nickname for him

Bulls_fan90
02-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Heat fans are almost as bad as leb*tch James....

Why y'all so cranky? U miss feeding time or what??

U can't beat a shorthanded Boston team......accept it.

They just mad. Boston 3 Heat 0. What chance do they stand in the playoffs?

footballer2369
02-13-2011, 09:39 PM
:cry:

No one cares. The Mavs haven't done ish in the playoffs. There's no conspiracy, there's a team that can't get over the hump.

bulls_world23
02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
screen was legal.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 09:40 PM
A true championship contender would have beaten them when it counted. Back to back colossal choke jobs by the Mavs.

So wait...you're basing it on choking by assuming we were "true championship contenders"...yet you keep noting how they failed to win championships. So, you're gonna have to explain to me how it's choking. Where's the championships they've won? Oh right, there aren't any. So basically, you're assuming the potential then calling it choking because they don't live up to your assumed standards.

As for the "colossal" choke job comment. Tell me who you picked for the 2006 championship heading in to the season. Unless it was the Mavs, define colossal choke job. Even if you want to believe it's a choke job...how is finishing as the second best team in basketball, by two games, a "colossal" choke job? How is losing to a team that we basically never beat in GS (during the time between the hiring of Nelly and the 2007 playoffs) a "colossal" choke job? The fact people just assumed it was a given just shows they were dumb to think that way in the first place.

Skizzik
02-13-2011, 09:42 PM
No one cares. The Mavs haven't done ish in the playoffs. There's no conspiracy, there's a team that can't get over the hump.

Lol, I like how you quote the post where I talked about the Hornets (as a 2 seed) were better than the Mavs (as a 7 seed) and change it to a crying emote. Where did I say anything about a conspiracy? I said Heat fans defended the refs in 2006 and get mad at them in 2011, which is true. I never said the word conspiracy.

Legitimate
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM

wow the last thing that I expected from a Heat fan :facepalm:. Wade is a known flopper in the nba dude, he always gets calls in his favor, nevermind....YOU CANT'T EVEN SNEEZE ON THE COURT WITHOUT GETTING CALLED A FOUL ON LEBRON FFS, GET A GRIP DUDE.

Kobes a Killer
02-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Why are you guys still talking about the 06 Championship??

It was half a choke job by the mavs, it was half a legendary performace by Wade, get over it! The past mean nothing, it's all about the present and the Future

Anyone who says the Mavs didn't choke is bitter and stupid, anyone who thinks Wade didn't have a legendary finals performance is bitter and stupid

GET OVER IT

Hawkize31
02-13-2011, 09:47 PM
We get it Celtics fans, a hard screen is legal.

Throwing fists or elbows or shoulders is illegal. The screen was fine, the shoulder was not. Should have been called for a foul at a minimum.

Big Zo
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
So wait...you're basing it on choking by assuming we were "true championship contenders"...yet you keep noting how they failed to win championships. So, you're gonna have to explain to me how it's choking. Where's the championships they've won? Oh right, there aren't any. So basically, you're assuming the potential then calling it choking because they don't live up to your assumed standards.

As for the "colossal" choke job comment. Tell me who you picked for the 2006 championship heading in to the season. Unless it was the Mavs, define colossal choke job. Even if you want to believe it's a choke job...how is finishing as the second best team in basketball, by two games, a "colossal" choke job? How is losing to a team that we basically never beat in GS (during the time between the hiring of Nelly and the 2007 playoffs) a "colossal" choke job? The fact people just assumed it was a given just shows they were dumb to think that way in the first place.

They don't have any championships because they choked. Plain and simple. They would have had one in 2006 had they been able to seal the deal in game 3, but they didn't and proceeded to lose 4 in a row. And it doesn't matter who was picked before the season to win. It was Dallas that was there at the end with a golden opportunity to take it all.

stlbest5in2013
02-13-2011, 09:57 PM
love me some heat band wagon fans.

kg is dirty no doubt, but nobody that hates the heat and the way those 3 *****es handled free agency. is ever going to like them again. so for the love of god stop making excuses for them, and sticking up for them. they are not here looking for support, and they sureas **** did not ask you to take up their cause.

Super.
02-13-2011, 09:59 PM
It was a clean, hard foul. Then Wade dropped his shoulder into KG.

Refs called it right

thekmp211
02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
its basketball plays versus non basketball plays. simple. kg was setting a screen. wade was throwing a shoulder. the rules are clear.

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2011, 10:29 PM
All this for a screen?

mttwlsn16
02-13-2011, 10:30 PM

KG didnt launch himself like a missle...Wade did

JasonJohnHorn
02-13-2011, 10:32 PM
That was a clean screen. Garnett was standing there, held his ground, and because Miller was completely unaware of the pick he ran right into like a kid running with his head down hitting a lamp post.

Wade had no place doing what he did and was lucky he didnt get ejected!

Hawkize31
02-13-2011, 10:35 PM
its basketball plays versus non basketball plays. simple. kg was setting a screen. wade was throwing a shoulder. the rules are clear.

Again, the act of setting a screen does not give players some type of immunity to the other rules. Throwing a shoulder was the least conspicuous way KG could foul the player running into the screen. Its not legal to throw shoulders into players, basketball play or non-basketball play.

The bottom line is KG and Wade both committed fouls. Wade's was completely obvious and there was no way it wasn't getting called. KG's was discreet and he got away with it. Its a very minor movement to throw a shoulder at a player when you are standing still, and was harder for the officials to see as opposed to Wade's sprint and shove.

And to be honest, given KG's embarrassing history in instances like this, its hard for me to give him any benefit of the doubt when he throws a shoulder at someone. I'll just chalk this up as another dirty play from KG, and since his career is riddled with dirty plays, I don't know why I'm supposed to pretend KG is only concerned about making perfectly legal plays. I watched him blatantly nut tap a guy shooting a few weeks ago.

Tony_Starks
02-13-2011, 10:50 PM
If they're going to look the other way on KG's typical cheap shot then I have no problem with that, thats what always happens in Boston anyway. But to turn around and call the flagrant on Wade was total bs. Robert Parish is rolling in his grave!

Jonathan2323
02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
If you think that was a flagrant foul on Wade and he should have been thrown out you need to take off those hater glasses off, at worst it was foul. You could also say it wasn't a foul, KG flopped.

Arch Stanton
02-13-2011, 11:16 PM
The Celtics won. The Heat lost. Accept it!

nshush
02-13-2011, 11:42 PM

It's obvious that the game was on celtics' favor. You have no idea what your are talking about. I have played and followed basketball since I was 5. I know what I am talking about. 80% people don't understand the fundamentals of the game. Don't give me that.

nshush
02-13-2011, 11:54 PM
Why are you guys still talking about the 06 Championship??

It was half a choke job by the mavs, it was half a legendary performace by Wade, get over it! The past mean nothing, it's all about the present and the Future

Anyone who says the Mavs didn't choke is bitter and stupid, anyone who thinks Wade didn't have a legendary finals performance is bitter and stupid

GET OVER IT

Thank You sir.

nshush
02-13-2011, 11:56 PM
We get it Celtics fans, a hard screen is legal.

Throwing fists or elbows or shoulders is illegal. The screen was fine, the shoulder was not. Should have been called for a foul at a minimum.

This summarizes the entire thread. Anyone fails to understand this post doesn't know much about basketball. Plain and simple.

Super.
02-14-2011, 12:02 AM
If you think that was a flagrant foul on Wade and he should have been thrown out you need to take off those hater glasses off, at worst it was foul. You could also say it wasn't a foul, KG flopped.

Right. Because Wade certainly didn't drop his shoulder or anything. No of course not

People need to stop getting butthurt over a hard screen

BULLSFAN0810
02-14-2011, 05:57 AM
You mean literally holding James right? Even an homer could tell he has James arm locked almost every second.

it dont matter....put your head down get to the line...post him up ...he has no biz guarding LBJ...by doing so says alot to me about LBJs total game or lack of.

BULLSFAN0810
02-14-2011, 06:05 AM
JVG is an idiot, so I don't see any reason to take anything he says with grain of salt. No, that's not the play that lost them the game. That's silly talk. LeBron needs to hit that FT in the end.

yeah hes an idiot he said the heat would break the bulls win record...:p

koLohe2133
02-14-2011, 06:29 AM
Kg set a questionable screen....I think he dipped as a flinch move kinda...

Hard to explain but I take pride in setting picks. Millers temple woulda hit him in the bicep or chest and kg was protecting himself IMO.

Wade deliberately went to push shove kg. Definition of a flagrant foul. Didn't try to box out, wasn't going fr the ball was specifically going after kg

koLohe2133
02-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Kg set a questionable screen....I think he dipped as a flinch move kinda...

Hard to explain but I take pride in setting picks. Millers temple woulda hit him in the bicep or chest and kg was protecting himself IMO.

Wade deliberately went to push shove kg. Definition of a flagrant foul. Didn't try to box out, wasn't going fr the ball was specifically going after kg

aussie
02-14-2011, 08:05 AM
KG did lower the shoulder but i was fine with it...Wade was flagrant....anyone see rondo around the huddle haha funny **** and i hate rondo

MacFitz92
02-14-2011, 08:55 AM
If you're complaining about the call in anyway you're wrong. Big Z set a hard screen on Rondo, and then KG set a hard screen on Miller. Wade, out of retaliation, pushed KG intentionally. Now that call could have gone either way, but you can't complain about a call when you use your hands (and shove) someone to box them out. It wasn't a basketball play.

tangent12
02-14-2011, 11:40 AM
As much as I hate the Celtics and the psycho freak of Garnett, I have to agree with the no call on the screen set by him. It was simply a well set tough screen and apparently Miller is physically weak as hell and he just collapsed like he got hit by a car.

You can take a look at the replays and notice how Garnet doesn't push forward to knock him down, he simply sets a normal tough solid screen and Miller crashes into it. That's all there is to it.

Wade's push was obviously an attempt to get back at him and his intentions are clear when you look at the footage. That doesn't mean I don't agree with what he did, I loved every second of it. Not only did I enjoy seeing Garnett getting pushed like the ***** he is but it's nice to see teammates sticking up for each other, specially in heated situations (Bos/Mia semi rivalry). But yeah as far as the flagrant call goes, I mean, there's not much to discuss since it's quite noticeable he went the extra mile to make sure Garnett got the **** out of the way and the message.

TopsyTurvy
02-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Retaliation is game misconduct in just about every professional team sport in the world. I'm fine with the flagrant.

kdspurman
02-14-2011, 11:45 AM
That turned into a 6 point swing for the Celtics. Absolute ******** call.

in reality it was only a 4 point swing. on that next possesion rondo missed both ft's.. bad call though i agree

justinnum1
02-14-2011, 11:46 AM
yeah hes an idiot he said the heat would break the bulls win record...:p

They will, but it won't be this season. ;)

kdspurman
02-14-2011, 11:50 AM
There was only 1 reason that call on KG was not made and it's because Z's screen knocked down Rondo on the previous play. Now Z's was NOT an offensive foul, but what happens is the Celtics player/coaches will let them know they missed that call. So KG knows this (actually pretty smart on his part and I'm not a KG fan) and knows that they won't call a foul if he gives a tough screen cause in essence the refs "owe" them one. He knew they wouldnt call it and they didnt so it was a heads up play on his part. Thats just how the NBA goes and that's how the officials call it. They think they miss on one end, so they let stuff go on the other.

The flagrant on Wade was ricidiculous. That was a technical At MOST.

Then you had the refs give KG 2 fouls (to make 5 for the game) and both were not good calls. So then Lebron drives in @ the end and is clearly fouled by KG and they wont call it cause they messed up. I said as soon as he got 5 on that bad call they would not foul him out unless he intentionally fouled. It's unfortunate but very predictable.

All that said, the officiating was not the reason for the loss. Hell Wade checked big baby in the end a la KG and nothing was called and Miller had a wide open look. Shots just werent falling. Great game anyway

Super.
02-14-2011, 11:54 AM
As much as I hate the Celtics and the psycho freak of Garnett, I have to agree with the no call on the screen set by him. It was simply a well set tough screen and apparently Miller is physically weak as hell and he just collapsed like he got hit by a car.

You can take a look at the replays and notice how Garnet doesn't push forward to knock him down, he simply sets a normal tough solid screen and Miller crashes into it. That's all there is to it.

Wade's push was obviously an attempt to get back at him and his intentions are clear when you look at the footage. That doesn't mean I don't agree with what he did, I loved every second of it. Not only did I enjoy seeing Garnett getting pushed like the ***** he is but it's nice to see teammates sticking up for each other, specially in heated situations (Bos/Mia semi rivalry). But yeah as far as the flagrant call goes, I mean, there's not much to discuss since it's quite noticeable he went the extra mile to make sure Garnett got the **** out of the way and the message.

It's not a rivalry when one side always wins

Fnom11
02-14-2011, 12:06 PM
They will, but it won't be this season. ;)

marlinsfan24
02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
He said semi-rivalry. Boston has been the superior team thus far, but it's definitely getting to a rivalry point.

jkess56
02-14-2011, 12:08 PM
I think I heard someone say that Lebron James and D-Wade have gone to the free throw line more than the entire Celtic team combined. I know some of that is the way the play, but more than an entire team? Take the loss, stop complaining about the officiating, because no team benefits more from the officiating than the Heat. Great game. Give the heat credit for staying in it and having a shot at the end.

marlinsfan24
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM

KG made it seem worse then it actually was. It was a stupid play by Wade regardless. He had to keep his cool at that point. But it was NOT a flagrant IMO.

marlinsfan24
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
And for the record, the Celtics beat the Heat in the end, the refs didn't make Miller or Lebron miss key shots at the end.

footballer2369
02-14-2011, 12:18 PM
And for the record, the Celtics beat the Heat in the end, the refs didn't make Miller or Lebron miss key shots at the end.

They sure as hell didn't do them any favors! Either way, I agree. A couple shots here, a couple shots there and the Heat could be up 2-1. I don't think the Celtics are unbeatable, the Heat just need to execute and cut the BS with the lulls and turnovers and play a 48 minute, high energy game.

marlinsfan24
02-14-2011, 12:22 PM
They sure as hell didn't do them any favors! Either way, I agree. A couple shots here, a couple shots there and the Heat could be up 2-1. I don't think the Celtics are unbeatable, the Heat just need to execute and cut the BS with the lulls and turnovers and play a 48 minute, high energy game.

And we sure as hell can't be depending on any favors in the NBA playoffs on the Celtics homecourt. We have to overcome that and play as a team.

tangent12
02-14-2011, 12:30 PM

That's why I said semi and was going to say kind of but didn't. I know Boston owns Miami, so does pretty much every team in the East or every team over .500 for that matter. ;)

I just mentioned rivalry because of the intensity they play with when they face each other, we can bet they don't see he games against each other as just another game if you catch my drift.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Just curious and without looking back on the past 13 pages, any talk about Rondo trying to get in the Heat huddle during a time out? Anyone else see that?

marlinsfan24
02-14-2011, 12:39 PM
That's why I said semi and was going to say kind of but didn't. I know Boston owns Miami, so does pretty much every team in the East or every team over .500 for that matter. ;)

I just mentioned rivalry because of the intensity they play with when they face each other, we can bet they don't see he games against each other as just another game if you catch my drift.

Heat vs .500+ teams:
Thunder 1-0
Celtics 0-3
Spurs haven't played yet
Lakers 1-0
Magic 2-1
Bulls 0-1 (game without Lebron and Bosh got hurt as well)
Utah 1-1
Hornets 1-1
Denver 0-1 (without Lebron)

So, no, the Heat aren't as bad against +.500 teams as people make them out to be.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Heat vs .500+ teams:
Thunder 1-0
Celtics 0-3
Spurs haven't played yet
Lakers 1-0
Magic 2-1
Utah 1-1
Hornets 1-1

So, no, the Heat aren't as bad against +.500 teams as people make them out to be.

What you showed right there means that the Heat are 6-8 against teams over .500, or a 43% winning percentage against teams over .500

So yes, the heat are probably even worse against +.500 teams as people even realize.

Arch Stanton
02-14-2011, 12:52 PM
The Heat have had the second easiest schedule in the league thus far. Will see how they pan out the remainder of the season?

marlinsfan24
02-14-2011, 12:54 PM
What you showed right there means that the Heat are 6-8 against teams over .500, or a 43% winning percentage against teams over .500

So yes, the heat are probably even worse against +.500 teams as people even realize.

They are 6-5 if you take the Celtics out. Celtics bring that record way down.

Super.
02-14-2011, 12:55 PM

He said semi-rivalry. Boston has been the superior team thus far, but it's definitely getting to a rivalry point.

Getting there? Sure. But I won't even use the word "rivalry" to describe the relationship between the two teams until the Heat can beat the Celtics, and IMO unless your counting a win in a 7 game series, I cannot see it happening this year.

Maybe next year or the year after if the Heat can get a legit big with that MLE

Pierzynski4Prez
02-14-2011, 12:56 PM
They are 6-5 if you take the Celtics out. Celtics bring that record way down.

I understand that, but its too bad you can't take that into any real consideration, especially when the road to the NBA finals will probably go through Boston in the 1st place.

It is what it is, a 6 and 8 record against +.500 teams.

Skizzik
02-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Heat vs .500+ teams:
Thunder 1-0
Celtics 0-3
Spurs haven't played yet
Lakers 1-0
Magic 2-1
Utah 1-1
Hornets 1-1

You forgot:
Mavs 0-2
Hawks 1-1
Knicks 2-1
Trailblazers 1-0
Grizzlies 0-1
Suns 2-0

Which makes it 12-13 (.480), slightly better than the 6-8 (.429) you listed...not sure why you'd leave out some of the teams that help your cause.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-14-2011, 04:47 PM
You forgot:
Mavs 0-2
Hawks 1-1
Knicks 2-1
Trailblazers 1-0
Grizzlies 0-1
Suns 2-0

Which makes it 12-13 (.480), slightly better than the 6-8 (.429) you listed...not sure why you'd leave out some of the teams that help your cause.

Funny he missed that, also, we were actually talking too about +.500 teams, Suns are .500, so by the measure of Heat vs. +.500 teams, they are actually 10-13.

Skizzik
02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Funny he missed that, also, we were actually talking too about +.500 teams, Suns are .500, so by the measure of Heat vs. +.500 teams, they are actually 10-13.

While I agree on that point...the poster I quoted said the following in his post:

Heat vs .500+ teams:
So I went by his post. It didn't say +.500, it said .500+, which the Suns are.

footballer2369
02-14-2011, 04:52 PM
While I agree on that point...the poster I quoted said the following in his post:

:clap:

Pierzynski4Prez
02-14-2011, 05:32 PM

I got you, my bad didn't even notice it when marlins24 said it, suns could be sub .500 though by next game.

Skizzik
02-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I got you, my bad didn't even notice it when marlins24 said it, suns could be sub .500 though by next game.

Yeah, as I said, I understood your point of view too. Not like games against the Suns are likely to define the Heat.

Jonathan2323
02-14-2011, 05:45 PM
KG does things when people dont expect it, but when he's confronted he backs offs. I want to see KG in an actual fight one day.

jtchilln
02-14-2011, 06:04 PM
KG does things when people dont expect it, but when he's confronted he backs offs. I want to see KG in an actual fight one day.

haha...because Lebron, Bosh and Wade are all such tough guys. KG would bury all 3 of those pretty boys!

marlinsfan24
02-14-2011, 10:50 PM
You forgot:
Mavs 0-2
Hawks 1-1
Knicks 2-1
Trailblazers 1-0
Grizzlies 0-1
Suns 2-0

I have no idea why I left those teams out. I thought I mentioned them. My bad. Thanks though.

But if you look at it, the Heat are 12-13 vs .500+ teams, but 5 of those have come against the Mavs and Celtics. Against the others, we are 12-8. That was my point that the Heat record isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Hoopsadvocate
02-14-2011, 11:55 PM
haha...because Lebron, Bosh and Wade are all such tough guys. KG would bury all 3 of those pretty boys!

:rolleyes:

Thats why he flew across the floor when d wade gave him a little shove right.