PDA

View Full Version : Pistons sold - What does this mean for the trade deadline

fadedmario
02-11-2011, 12:18 PM
The only moves Detroit could make while the team was for sale were cost-cutting moves. Now that the team appears to be sold, who gets moved? Detroit is playing pretty well lately and have many attractive players on their roster (for contending teams) Here's a link and here's the Pistons roster -

http://www.freep.com/article/20110210/COL06/110210071/Tom-Walsh-Gores-reaches-deal-buy-Pistons?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Tracy Mcgrady
Ben Gordon
Tayshaun Prince
Ben Wallace
Greg Monroe
Rodney Stuckey
Will Bynum
Austin Daye
Charlie Villanueva
Chris Wilcox
Richard Hamilton
Jason Maxiell
Dajuan Summers
Jonas Jerebko
Terrico White

PhillyFaninLA
02-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Unless the new owners put in a new GM and President before the 24th or say don't make any moves while we learn the roster then nothing will be different, any moves that would have been made will be.

arkanian215
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
If the value is already agreed upon, then the front office doesn't have to move anyone. Normally, teams would move bad long term contracts to boost the value of the team. They will still move Rip if they get a fair chance.

Detroit and Mich natives should be very happy about this.

The BodyGuard
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
I would be koo if they can get their old team back.

PG: Billups
SG: Hamilton
SF: Prince
PF: Monroe
C: B. Wallace

6man Gordon/T.Mac

Then see if they can bring back R. Wallace and Larry Brown

Make 1 final run

chitown4eva88
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
That Rip Hamilton will be a Chicago Bull!!

justinnum1
02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
fire sale

jayl1377
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
That Rip Hamilton will be a Chicago Bull!!

hope not

fadedmario
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2011/02/second_report_confirms_agreeme.html

Here's the most recent report

fadedmario
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
If the value is already agreed upon, then the front office doesn't have to move anyone. Normally, teams would move bad long term contracts to boost the value of the team. They will still move Rip if they get a fair chance.

Detroit and Mich natives should be very happy about this.

They want to but recently have said their hands are tied with the pending sale. Now that the team is sold I can almost guarantee Detroit will pull the trigger on something before the deadline. Maybe T-Mac and Rip?

Klivlend
02-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I hope Clay Bennett didn't buy your team, or else he is gonna lie and move it to effing Oklahoma City. I mean seriously, Seattle to Oklahoma effing City. I'm still not over it. I hope another Dust Bowl comes through, horrifically blinds Mr. Bennett and tears down the arena forcing the team back to Sea-Town. Then, they go on to win the Championship but Mr. Bennett can't see it happen, count it!

fadedmario
02-11-2011, 01:07 PM
I hope Clay Bennett didn't buy your team, or else he is gonna lie and move it to effing Oklahoma City. I mean seriously, Seattle to Oklahoma effing City. I'm still not over it. I hope another Dust Bowl comes through, horrifically blinds Mr. Bennett and tears down the arena forcing the team back to Sea-Town. Then, they go on to win the Championship but Mr. Bennett can't see it happen, count it!

I hear ya. Tom Gores is from Flint, Michigan and graduated from Michigan State. I think were safe though.

Klivlend
02-11-2011, 01:16 PM
I hear ya. Tom Gores is from Flint, Michigan and graduated from Michigan State. I think were safe though.

Good. I wouldn't wish what happened to the Sonics on any franchise. Especailly not Dog the Bounty Hunters team.

fadedmario
02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Good. I wouldn't wish what happened to the Sonics on any franchise. Especailly not Dog the Bounty Hunters team.

:) - Hopefully you guys get your Sonics back. Isn't that still a possibility (from what I've read)?

Klivlend
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM
:) - Hopefully you guys get your Sonics back. Isn't that still a possibility (from what I've read)?

Ya, I think/hope so. Steve Ballmer recently sold $500 million dollars of stock. Rumor around here is he wants to buy a team. I think if we don't get a team within the next three years, it's gonna be a long time.

xabial
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Amazing Purchase. Detriot may be slowing down economy wise the last few years, but the US economy is really picking up. DJIA is highest since June 2008. American cars, are improving which in return will boost the Detriot car industry. Egypt's fixed now, so No oil prices scare, which should boost the car industry in detriot. And I really think American cars WILL be back soon, Detriot is the Capital Car industry of the US. You factor location when you buy teams, no offense to other teams but i wouldnt want to own a team like the Utah jazz which was still well run, the last twenty years or so. utah is still such a small city.

The total value of the deal, which includes the team, the Palace of Auburn Hills and DTE Energy Music Theatre, is expected to be announced at $420 million! Thats amazing considering your getting full ownership of the arena, the team and DTE Energy music theatre. This investment should only get up from $420M

TopsyTurvy
02-11-2011, 04:10 PM
The only player I can see being moved is Rip. He's got the massive contract and the ability to play both on and off the ball. If he goes, he will head out to a playoff caliber team.

Phenomenonsense
02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
The only player I can see being moved is Rip. He's got the massive contract and the ability to play both on and off the ball. If he goes, he will head out to a playoff caliber team.

Still think that the injured expiring Marion? (I forget who) on the Mavs would be a good trade for the Mavs.

fadedmario
02-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I could see McGrady getting moved to a contender if Detroit has no plans on trying to resign him. He's been great. He just does what's asked.

flclfanman
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
If they have the money to buy the Pistons maybe they can buyout Rip's contract so he can go to a certain Windy City :whistle:

flclfanman
02-11-2011, 05:15 PM
I could see McGrady getting moved to a contender if Detroit has no plans on trying to resign him. He's been great. He just does what's asked.

So sad Chicago didn't take a chance on him last offseason :sigh:

D1JM
02-11-2011, 05:17 PM
nothing. it takes like 45 days for the buy through go through i believe.

fadedmario
02-11-2011, 05:19 PM
So sad Chicago didn't take a chance on him last offseason :sigh:

Maybe he gets traded to Chicago. You never know. The team being sold will allow Dumars to take back contracts instead of just cost-cutting moves. Watch clips of McGrady - he is reinventing himself as a team first player. He's been throwing it down the last few months too.

SteveNash
02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Rule #1: Never trust a man who slept with his brother's wife.