PDA

View Full Version : Which LA team would you rather watch? Lakers/Kobe or Clippers/Blake?

blahblahyoutoo
02-11-2011, 01:07 AM
If you could only watch one game against your team at home vs of these LA teams, who would you rather have come into town? Kobe or Blake?

Avenged
02-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Is this a trick question? I'd rather watch an all-time great than a rookie.

But maybe it's my "homerism" kicking it. :p

kblo247
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
The longest tenured Laker of all time. If I stuck with em through Smush/Kwame and the Nick/Eddie failures I sure as hell ain't going to drop them now.

Plus these Clips aren't as exciting as Miles, Odom, and Q to me anyway.

hdxstunts1
02-11-2011, 01:23 AM
I hate the Lakers...but now that they are my 2nd least favorite team in the league...its ok. But still i'd rather watch the Clipps.

1) They are younger, ALOT younger, Blake, Jordan, Gordon, Foye, etc are all very exciting players to watch.
2) Highlight reals! Clippers have so much more flash with Blake...*Although i say he is wayyyyyyy over hyped*
3) Why not route for the underdog!

Raps18-19 Champ
02-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Kobe is sick and all but I'm not really going to get excited over a jumpshot.

So gimme Griffin.

Crackadalic
02-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Lakers only because im a kobe fan and they win games. I like watching "The Blake Show" but its more enjoyable when they win games with the highlight dunks

superkegger
02-11-2011, 01:29 AM
If it were just one or the other, and you didn't get to see any other NBA games but just clipper or Laker games, I'd take Lakers.

But on a nightly basis, I'm more prone to watch the Clippers to see Blake unless the Lakers have a good matchup. i love the Lakers, but i know what I'm watching with them, and I know I can see the games that matter for them when they're playing in the playoffs. The clippers won't be, so I watch me some Blake when I can.

tredigs
02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Clippers - by a mile. I've watched dozens of their games this year, and it's not all because of BG (that's what drew me in - but Eric Gordon/Baron/Deandre Jordan can all put on a serious show). Lakers are generally fairly predictable, lack energy, and frankly boring to watch.

Clippers are young, exciting, and are high flyers. They're the most fun team to watch in the NBA, and I'm not sure the Lakers crack my top 15 during the regular season.

lakerboy
02-11-2011, 01:47 AM
I watched both live this year, and Clippers are boring for the most part except when Griffin does his dunks, around 2 dunks per game.

Sadds The Gr8
02-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Clippers easily. I like seein Blake jam his nuts down ppl's throats.

GoatMilk
02-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Clips if Gordon is playing
even if he's not. Blake and DeAndre are insane. Baron got his game back from the Monstars too

Giraffes Rule
The whole Clippers team is a highlight reel waiting to happen. Most exciting team in the NBA right now.

kblo247
Clippers easily. I like seein Blake jam his nuts down ppl's throats.

I have similar tastes, but I prefer see people jam theirs down Jenna Hendrix's ;)

kobe24>lebron23
02-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Lakers they just have the better name better sex appeal and the stars come to watch
Clippers r very fun to watch though blake is a beast!

cargobox
02-11-2011, 02:16 AM
CLIPPERS WOOOOOOOO!
Blake Griffin!

Cubs Win
02-11-2011, 02:21 AM
To me it would depend on what kind of mood I'm in. Some nights it's great to watch a smooth, incredibly fundamentally sound player with all the other attributes Kobe brings. Other nights it's awesome to watch an athletic freak like Blake Griffin put up great numbers and a few highlight plays.

mttwlsn16
02-11-2011, 02:24 AM
i may be a homer but...
Blake dunks > kobe jump shots
wayyyy more exciting. ive only missed MAYBE 5 clipper games this year, and even when we lose its fun to watch them play

Raph12
02-11-2011, 03:09 AM
Kobe is my 2nd fav player in the league behind Dwight, but I'd rather watch Blake, just because I want to see him dunk on someone lol... Kind of getting old though, this may change by the end of the season.

Minimal
02-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Lakers. You watch team basketball, not a turnover and dunk show.

KG2TB
02-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Blake for me. I've only recently been able to tolerate Kobe. Furthermore, his best and most exciting years are behind him. We all know what Kobe has done and he's provided a lot of great plays.

Blake is in his rookie year, a highlight waiting to happen and there's a sense of excitement when you watch him. Besides that, I like watching players progress and considering this is his first year, it's kind of important to watch him now so you can compare his prime years.

Ray_R
02-11-2011, 09:37 AM
blake griffin himself makes their games more exciting. Plus finally I can show the clippers some love.

icej
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
This year and probably the next couple yrs Blake would get my attention more than any Lal game.

Da Knicks
02-11-2011, 11:00 AM
the blake show any day

Sixerlover
02-11-2011, 11:09 AM
I've seen Kobe win two titles, and play for basically my entire basketball life. Blake is a new force, something very exciting to watch.

If it's Lakers vs Celtics (insert any top 5 team) and Clippers vs Mavs (insert any top 10 team) give me the Lakers / Celtics. But if it's Lakers vs Blazers (insert any mediocre team) and Clippers vs Hawks (insert any other mediocre team) and I'll take the Clips. Basically I'd rather watch BG play when the teams are mediocre, and Kobe play when it's two great lineups.

Sixerlover
02-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Is this a trick question? I'd rather watch an all-time great than a rookie.

But maybe it's my "homerism" kicking it. :p

The longest tenured Laker of all time. If I stuck with em through Smush/Kwame and the Nick/Eddie failures I sure as hell ain't going to drop them now.

Plus these Clips aren't as exciting as Miles, Odom, and Q to me anyway.

Lakers only because im a kobe fan and they win games. I like watching "The Blake Show" but its more enjoyable when they win games with the highlight dunks

I watched both live this year, and Clippers are boring for the most part except when Griffin does his dunks, around 2 dunks per game.

Lakers they just have the better name better sex appeal and the stars come to watch
Clippers r very fun to watch though blake is a beast!

I sense a trend on the first page of the thread :laugh2:

Double_R
02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Yea I want to watch a below .500 team with an athletic rookie with short arms over watching one of the best players of all time and is team is good. There is a reason the Lakers are on tv all the time... KOBE

Bears99
02-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Lakers... It's much better watching legends like Phil and Kobe than watching an upstart highlight reel. Plus the Clippers have the worst commentating crew in the league, so I can't bear to watch their games.

blahblahyoutoo
02-11-2011, 11:34 AM
I've seen Kobe win two titles, and play for basically my entire basketball life. Blake is a new force, something very exciting to watch.

If it's Lakers vs Celtics (insert any top 5 team) and Clippers vs Mavs (insert any top 10 team) give me the Lakers / Celtics. But if it's Lakers vs Blazers (insert any mediocre team) and Clippers vs Hawks (insert any other mediocre team) and I'll take the Clips. Basically I'd rather watch BG play when the teams are mediocre, and Kobe play when it's two great lineups.

it would be lakers/clippers coming into town to play your home team.

Sixerlover
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
it would be lakers/clippers coming into town to play your home team.
In that case, Blake. Because we'd have a better chance of winning

Lake_Show2416
02-11-2011, 12:56 PM
I really like Blake Griffin but his hype and name mentioning is getting annoying, it's like he's the 2nd coming of Jesus

I know it's the 1st good thing clippers have had for a while but enough, his potential has no ceilings but at this point he's not even effective unless he's within 7 feet from the basket

he's still a rookie n we don't know how he'll pan out.. he could b a dominant force or there is a chance that he can lose his athletism like Vince Carter

Kobe rather not b mentioned, he's offended haha

Niro
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
only one game: lakers

on a daily basis: clippers

i just want to watch the lakers one time after that gimme the poster child

mrblisterdundee
02-11-2011, 01:46 PM
I'd honestly rather watch the ascension of Blake Griffin, Eric Gordon and the Clippers.

jtsunami
02-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Clippers. Because my team will still probably win and I get to watch the more entertaining team.

tredigs
02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
So, in summation; Lakers fans want to watch their team, everyone else wants to watch Blake and the Clips.

Minimal
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
So, in summation; Lakers fans want to watch their team, everyone else wants to watch Blake and the Clips.
Not really, I better watch Lakers and I think some other non Lakers fans too.

kArSoN RyDaH
02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I think everyone wants to watch Blake because they want to watch their team win. They know if they watch Kobe that won't happen. ;)

sep11ie
02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Is this really the 3rd L.A. vs L.A. thread today?

curtisjr08
02-11-2011, 06:13 PM
That anybody would even consider this is outrageous; Anybody who votes for the clippers is voting because they do not like the lakers. Obviously these people have not done it to understand their blunder; Ask this question instead. Would you rather watch a 37-16 team or a 20-32 team? I guarantee you that the circumstances will be different. No one wants to watch bad basketball

championships
02-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I would rather watch the man with the all around game. I like to see the excellent foot work, hitting difficult fadeaways. Reverse lay ups. Taking over at the end of the game. Griffin is a one trick pony. I will see a dunk or two in a Laker game anyway. Why go watch griffin just dunk?

Supa
02-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I'll watch Lakers' games; I can always watch Griffin highlights later.

---

The Jokemaker
02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't like Gasol but the rest of the Lakers I like. I'd take watching the Mamba over almost any other game in the league (except Grizz!). Not to mention I love watchin Phil on the sidelines. He's such a BA.

I like Griffin but with Kobe you can get dunks, dagger shots, and some awesome cross over moves.

C-Style
02-12-2011, 01:35 AM
IF ur a fan of great B-ball u would most likely pick the Lakers

IF ur a fan of and 1 tour video's u woukd most likely pick the Clippers

HoopsDrive
02-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Clippers by miles.

SiR Lakers III
02-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Half the people that choose the clippers obviously don't watch clippers play. One they're by far the most boring team to watch play. BG gets maybe 2 dunks that are worth replay a game. The rest of the time they just turnover the ball and miss a ton of shots or get blown out cuz they play no D>

flclfanman
02-12-2011, 03:32 PM
I want some tickets to the BLake Show! :nod:

Guys a beast

shizzle09
02-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Kobe hands down. Blake is pure hype right now because his "team" doesnt win consistently. Kobe is a 5 time champion and a future HOF. Then you throw in Odom, Gasol, Bynum and Artest.

Mudvayne91
02-12-2011, 03:56 PM
If the question is who would I rather have now considering age, it's Blake. If age isn't the issue, Kobe all day

Shkelqim
02-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I have seen everything Kobe can do, Of course i want to watch Blake Griffin. This guy is still showing what he can do. Makes him more interesting to watch

MickeyMgl
02-12-2011, 04:41 PM
This is a serious question?

I'd rather watch good basketball. If dunks come with it, then fine, but first and foremost I want to watch good basketball. Not "young" basketball. Not "flashy" basketball. GOOD basketball. Sometimes those things intersect, but not here. This is a no-brainer. If you say Clippers you're just wasting your money.

Lake_Show2416
02-12-2011, 04:53 PM
how many times does someone really dunk in a game, 2 or 3 times at the most... wut r u gonna see for the remaining 47 n a half minutes of a Clippers game besides giving the Cavs a win