PDA

View Full Version : Should Sloan Find New Work?

JasonJohnHorn
02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Sloan is out, whether it is because he wanted to step down, or was asked to, but seeing as how many coaches have worked well into their 70's, does anybody think that Sloan might actually be a good fit somewhere else in the league? Or is this it?

RZZZA
02-10-2011, 10:03 PM
crikey, look before you post

people, just because you rephrase the title slightly doesnt mean it's an entirely new thread topic

JasonJohnHorn
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM
I did look... didnt see anything, and i went through a couple pages.

NYKnicks4511
02-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Should Sloan Find New York?

Fixed. :D

Smash
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Thought it said should find New York, and he said he's not looking for a job, look before you post, this like 10th time talking bout this lol.

NJ Raven
02-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Ha, I doubt he'd come back but if the Knicks smartened up and fired D'Antoni and hired Sloan, it would do wonders for that team.

dodie53
02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
no run n gun for amare?
hmmm

D1JM
02-10-2011, 11:46 PM
at first when i clicked on it, i thought the title was new york. just like i got confused with batum for batman

goose14741
02-10-2011, 11:58 PM
ny fans shut up we have a great coach

NYKnicks4511
02-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Ha, I doubt he'd come back but if the Knicks smartened up and fired D'Antoni and hired Sloan, it would do wonders for that team.

I can't really agree with that given the players that we have right now. We're athletic, but we're not all-in defensively.

Our game is built around the run-n-gun style and I think (with luck) it can be a winning formula and we can make a run in the playoffs.

I would LOVE Jerry Sloan 3 years ago before we hired D'Antoni and gave the roster an offensive upheaval. But now it just makes very little sense to go back and try to totally switch our mindset from 'Offense Offense Offense' to 'Slow it down a notch, play some D'

Although Sloan never had many stars on his team, he did have scrappy players who were committed to defense.

Off topic: Alvin Gentry > Mike D

/end

jimm120
02-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Fixed. :D

dude. That is EXACTLY what I read!

I read if "Shouls Sloan Find New York"

wow.

I was really interested in the responses. I got all the way to your post without noticing that it said "new work".

:0

I was hoping that D'Antoni would be fired...

bagwell368
02-11-2011, 12:12 AM
If you saw him at the Presser you wouldn't want him, wan, beat, pale, old.

Time to go the ranch and retire....

superkegger
02-11-2011, 12:43 AM
I have immense respect for Jerry Sloan.

but he's old school, and perhaps a little too old school.

He had a fantastic run with Utah, and he should just leave it at that. Just like Jordan never should have come back with the Wizards, Sloan coached his last game for the team he coached for 22 years against the team he was an all star with. It was somewhat of a fitting end. And it should be an end.

Bucsfan
02-11-2011, 12:58 AM
lol he is done fellas, he is on a farm til he dies

hdxstunts1
02-11-2011, 01:27 AM
I'm on the fence about this...i really like Jerry great coach...i Cant see him as anything but a Bull or part of the Jazz though. I think he's done coaching.

But i dont think he's done with basketball...i think he ends up in the Bulls orginization doing something

icej
02-11-2011, 10:50 AM

No you don't. Until NY or any team keep away from a NO Defense type of coach, these teams would not be taken as serious threat by the league contenders, no matter how much firepower they have on their team. Basketball is meant to be played on both part of the court, and those who thrive on them will always be respected as possible contenders.

Sorry NY but if your FO is really serious in winning and NOT just entertaining, you should get a more balanced coach. Firepower can have the element of surprise, but its effectiveness wears after the time when it is already revealed and expected. More like NY's 1st quarter streak. Having your own counter surprise is always a dependable fall back.

Sloan would be an enormous upgrade to D'antoni, NY should get him if they can.

Da Knicks
02-11-2011, 11:08 AM
i would welcome sloan to new york.

NYKalltheway
02-11-2011, 11:11 AM
I hope Knicks get Byron Scott instead :)

P.S: Also thought it was New York in the title till a few posts down :p

stlbest5in2013
02-11-2011, 11:15 AM

posts like this, give me my views on knick fans.

really, great coach? no thats a lie, dantoni will never win a championship, all he and his system is, is a box office attraction.

even the heat players said it takes a team, not just talent to win in this league.

you can have amare, melo, cp3, and howard, and your still a 2nd round exit at best under dantoni.

defense wins championships

say with that team, easy to beat, 1 foul howard, 2 let melo shoot 3's all game, dont let paul get into the lane, let amare go for 30+. cause we all know melo is not a good 3pt shooter, howard cant hit a FT. so yeah keep dantoni, and win nothing, then when you smarten up, you will want him gone.

John Walls Era
02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
NY does not have a great coach. Hes above par at best, maybe slightly better.

Also I don't see the point of adding "New" in the title. "Should Sloan find work" works too. The "New" is kind of redundant.

Flash3
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
dude. That is exactly what i read!

I read if "shouls sloan find new york"

wow.

I was really interested in the responses. I got all the way to your post without noticing that it said "new work".

:0

i was hoping that d'antoni would be fired...

+1

Kashmir13579
02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
i real question is.. should Sloan Find New York.?

Kashmir13579
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM

keep telling yourself that.