PDA

View Full Version : Would Garnett and Allen go to the HOF as a Celtic?

Giantwarrior
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
No question, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen are HOF'ers. do you think they will go the the HOF as a Celtic? KG played most of his years with Minnesota and Allen with the Sonics.

210Don
02-10-2011, 09:54 PM
id be sick if they did.......they would just be forgetting there years in there prime.

Cavs_Fan24
02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Maybe ray Allen would get in as a Celtic. His best and most effective, efficient years has come while with Boston.

Garnett on the other hand, by far had his best years with the t-wolves.

hugepatsfan
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Nope.

LTBaByyy
02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Nope, Both of them were elite players with the T Wolves and Sonics

Now they are just above average players on an elite team!

Hawkeye15
02-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I would be somewhat offended if KG went in as a Celtic.

daisuke4cy
02-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I think the real question is, will Shaq get in as a celtic?

Madtown22
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
I like this question, but they both got their rings as celts, I think it would depend on how long they play for the celts, but I could see this happening

Madtown22
02-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I think the real question is, will Shaq get in as a celtic?

no

mttwlsn16
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

Madtown22
02-10-2011, 10:28 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

Then who is?:facepalm:

tcav701
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

You don't mean that.

mttwlsn16
02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Then who is?:facepalm:

nobody in particular off the top of my head. i just dont see him as an all time great. not trying to bash the celtics or twolves. just my opinion

mttwlsn16
02-10-2011, 10:33 PM
You don't mean that.

i do.

bigsams50
02-10-2011, 10:36 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

Did you watch him when he was a T'Wolve? or are you just basing it off of how he plays as a Celtic? Because KG is considered one of the best PF's of all time

Hawkeye15
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

dude

The BodyGuard
02-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Can they retire with more than one team?

DJakk
02-10-2011, 10:40 PM
They were both in their prime in the earlier years obviously, but they didn't win a championship and they may get two as Celtics.

hugepatsfan
02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

so much fail in only 5 words... impressive

JasonJohnHorn
02-10-2011, 10:56 PM
For Allen, I'd say a Celtic for sure. He split time between the Bucks and the Supersonics, and one of those organizations isn't even around.

For Garnett... I'd lean toward the Celtics as well, but there is a legit case for the T-Wolves since he was on the all-star team for them like 9 times or so... but at the same time he has had his most success with the Celtics, and it looks like he will be with them for at least 5 seasons, and that is a pretty long time, two conference championships and finals appearances, three (or maybe 4) division titles and an NBA championship... it is pretty impressive. There was only one deep playoff run with Minny... but that is where he made his name and played his best basketball.

Its weird though, but ever since Garnett has been with Boston, it just seems like he's always been there.... thinking of him in a T-Wolves uniform is just kind or weird.

MU and UW Fan
02-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I hope Ray goes in as a Buck. He spent more time there than he has with Seattle and Boston. He loved the city of Milwaukee and never wanted to leave, never felt like he had to play in a big market. God the bucks were so stupid to trade him for that *** Gary Payton.

02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
nobody in particular off the top of my head. i just dont see him as an all time great. not trying to bash the celtics or twolves. just my opinion

:facepalm:

Its not even debatable

Hangtime
02-11-2011, 12:03 AM
KG was a Twolve for like 12 years. And besides the championship with Boston his greatest individual accomplishments were in his Minnesota years. So far with Boston he missed the rest of one season with that injury and didn't really return to form till this year. He should get in as a Twolve.

DwayneMVPwade
02-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I think so

hdxstunts1
02-11-2011, 01:29 AM
I think KG will go in as a T-Wolve, he played there more, more all-star appearances, all nba teams, his MVP award, etc

As for Allen...I really dont know, he did great with all 3 teams Bucks, Sonics and Celts, at this point i'd say Sonics BUT if he stays with Boston another 2-3 years, has good years and they win another championship i'd say go in as a Celtic

tredigs
02-11-2011, 01:59 AM
i do.

Hahah... I would listen to the argument that he is the best PF in NBA history. "Not HOF worthy". I have to ask, are you 8? Nobody with even remedial knowledge of the NBA would say something that ridiculous.

Anyway, it's not a fair question now, but certainly could be in 2 years - much of it depending on whether or not they can rattle off another ring or two.

My guess would be KG no (that man was the Minnesota Timberwolves for an entire decade), Ray yes.

cargobox
02-11-2011, 02:18 AM
To the Clipper fan who said that Garnett is not worthy of HOF...
Blake Griffin then? lmaoooo

irobson
02-11-2011, 02:29 AM
^ no respect for his elders lol...what a dumb *** "kg not worthy" thats like saying when kobe retires he hasn't earned his place in the hof

Vincent33
02-11-2011, 02:30 AM
First, I think both KG and Allen will get in the HoF. Even if this current group of Celtics win another title, I think Garnett is going into the HoF representing the Timberwolves. He was the face of that franchise for 13seasons and they have been awful since he left. He'll most likely have 5-6yrs with Boston and a ring or two, but I think he'll be remembered for his days in Minny.

Ray on the other hand has spent roughly 5yrs at Milwaukee and Seattle. He'll have at least as much time as a Celtic. He's got a ring with Boston. I think he gets in eventually as a Celtic.

mttwlsn16
02-11-2011, 02:35 AM
Did you watch him when he was a T'Wolve? or are you just basing it off of how he plays as a Celtic? Because KG is considered one of the best PF's of all time

yes i did. not basing it off just celtics at all

so much fail in only 5 words... impressive

thanks, knew id catch **** for this lol

To the Clipper fan who said that Garnett is not worthy of HOF...
Blake Griffin then? lmaoooo

well i love blake but halfway into the season **** no he isnt HOF worthy

^ no respect for his elders lol...what a dumb *** "kg not worthy" thats like saying when kobe retires he hasn't earned his place in the hof

imo, comparing kobe to garnett is stupid

but like i said, im not bashing celts or twolves fans. no doubt KG has been very good, i just dont see him as HOF worthy. hammer me all u want lol its just my opinion
knew id take **** for my original post lol

a4anthony
02-11-2011, 02:36 AM
I do not know why but I have a feeling they all might retire Celtic's so when people look back they will say "the second big 3".

a4anthony
02-11-2011, 02:38 AM
yes i did. not basing it off just celtics at all

thanks, knew id catch **** for this lol

well i love blake but halfway into the season **** no he isnt HOF worthy

imo, comparing kobe to garnett is stupid

but like i said, im not bashing celts or twolves fans. no doubt KG has been very good, i just dont see him as HOF worthy. hammer me all u want lol its just my opinion
knew id take **** for my original post lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Boston Fanatic
02-11-2011, 02:40 AM
i love kg so much and i highly value what he brought to the celtics but i would be upset if he went in as anything other than a member of the timberwolves....ray allen on the other hand is up the air..he started in Milwaukee then played his prime and most of his games as a sonic but for some reason i see him as a celtic in the hall...

do the players get to choose or is it like the mlb?

mttwlsn16
02-11-2011, 02:40 AM

lmao thanks dick :) i quit posting in this thread...its clear im not going to win lol everyone else enjoy i wasnt tryin to be basher/homer at all in any post

shep33
02-11-2011, 02:53 AM
I wish KG would go in as a Timberwolf... that franchise hasn't had much to cheer about. But i doubt he does.

40oz
02-11-2011, 03:12 AM
I can see Allen in green and that beach ash in a dress.

hgtiger32
02-11-2011, 03:14 AM
I think KG will go in as a T-Wolve, he played there more, more all-star appearances, all nba teams, his MVP award, etc

As for Allen...I really dont know, he did great with all 3 teams Bucks, Sonics and Celts, at this point i'd say Sonics BUT if he stays with Boston another 2-3 years, has good years and they win another championship i'd say go in as a Celtic

honestly I think it's between the Bucks and the Celtics. He started his career with the Bucks and led them to the Eastern Conference Finals. Won the ring with the Celtics.

Played 6 years and 47 games with the Bucks. Played another 29 with the Sonics that year and then 4 more years. And now he's in his 4th season with the Celtics. So I honestly don't know. As a Wisconsinite I want the Bucks but I would be okay with the Celtics as well.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/allenra02.html

Bruno
02-11-2011, 03:24 AM
KG will be retired w/ the Timberwolves. Twelve seasons in Minnesota, one MVP, four and counting with Boston.

Allen has an argument for being retired a Celtic, only because he played for more than one team before coming to Boston. He played six and a half seasons with the Bucks and only four and a half seasons with the Sonics. He is in the middle of season four in Boston right now, with a ring, breaking the all time 3 point mark as a Celtic. Allen won't go in as a Sonic. A Buck or a Celtic.

Who makes that decision? Is it up to the player?

SB1
02-11-2011, 04:43 AM
KG should go with the Timberwolves and its Bucks or Celtics for Ray. I think it'll be Bucks though

Frrrrank!!!
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
but like i said, im not bashing celts or twolves fans. no doubt KG has been very good, i just dont see him as HOF worthy.

:speechless:

BALLER R
02-11-2011, 08:10 AM
do they get to choose what they go as? i think they would go with the team they won a ring with although i think they should go with the team where they made their career. Twolves and sonics

Antipod
02-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Many will say no ... but what if they get another ring, or 2 before they retire(playing for C`s)...???

magichatnumber9
02-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I thought it was the players choice? Correct me if I'm wrong

rickshaw
02-11-2011, 08:33 AM
lmao thanks dick :) i quit posting in this thread...its clear im not going to win lol everyone else enjoy i wasnt tryin to be basher/homer at all in any post

hard to win when you don't supply an argument besides "idk its just my opinion."

Iron24th
02-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Assuming they didn't win any title before being celtics,yes they'll go as celtics.

TO to the CHI
02-11-2011, 09:27 AM
KG should go with the Timberwolves and its Bucks or Celtics for Ray. I think it'll be Bucks though

I think KG may look back more fondly on his time in Boston and will view the green as more iconic. I think he will go in as a Celtic.

faze38
02-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I think they both should go in as Cetics because thats were they won it all at.

bagwell368
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Allen's years away from Boston were basically out of the public eye. He's learned to play D here, and got his ring and set his record here. He's more likely to go in as a Celt.

KG just had the one team before Boston, and his best 2-3 years were there. The HOF could also use a TWolf, since it's another 20 years at least before they could elect another. He goes in as a TW, but with a lot of verbiage given over to his Celt years.

Hugbees
02-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Maybe ray Allen would get in as a Celtic. His best and most effective, efficient years has come while with Boston.

Garnett on the other hand, by far had his best years with the t-wolves.

u serious???! he was a bonafide superstar for many years as a Sonic. Neither of them had their best years individually as a Celtic, whether it be from being the main guy in the past or their age when they landed in Boston.

redsox0717
02-11-2011, 10:22 AM

lmao.

And: KG- T'Wolves
Allen - Celtics

IMO.

Epicfailure
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Kg is also one of the biggest douche bags of all time. Seriously, he needs help. Lots of help. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up murdering someone someday. I think he's possessed by satan. I mean, I'm honestly afraid of the guy.

I think someone should dump holy water on him just to see what happens. I bet you he melts.

ShakeN'Bake
02-11-2011, 10:42 AM

Well your opinion is wrong.

valade16
02-11-2011, 10:56 AM

It's not that people thought you were being a homer, people think your ****ing stupid...

If KG isn't HOF then there should only be at most 20 people in the HOF.

Seriously, you can't just waltz into a thread, say something like that, and walk away expecting not to get bashed.

Cavs_Fan24
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM

Wanna hear my opinion...

You are a straight up dumbas* for thinking that kevin garnett doesn't belong in the HOF.

BlinkManJan02
02-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Kg is also one of the biggest douche bags of all time. Seriously, he needs help. Lots of help. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up murdering someone someday. I think he's possessed by satan. I mean, I'm honestly afraid of the guy.

I think someone should dump holy water on him just to see what happens. I bet you he melts.

haha. some of his antics definitely make him seem like he has something psychologically wrong with him. the b.itch has a terrible temper tantrum.

and Allen needs to go in as a Buck!

Chronz
02-11-2011, 12:08 PM
It's not that people thought you were being a homer, people think your ****ing stupid...

If KG isn't HOF then there should only be at most 20 people in the HOF.

Seriously, you can't just waltz into a thread, say something like that, and walk away expecting not to get bashed.

Seriously, this kid hasnt even seen whos in the HOF

Sadds The Gr8
02-11-2011, 12:11 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Mishmin
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
However Kg may have hurt your feelings in the past, he's objectively a hall of famer. No getting around it.

GodsSon
02-11-2011, 12:49 PM
kg is not HOF worthy

I don't care if I get flamed for saying this, but in the early part of the 2000's KG was the best PF in the game (yes, ahead of Duncan); even getting robbed of the MVP in 02/03 IMO.

To say KG doesn't deserve to be in HOF tells me you must not have seen this guy in his prime.

23 ppg, 13.4 rpg, 6 apg, 1.4 spg and 1.6 bpg on 50% FG (without even winning MVP that year)

DIRTY