PDA

View Full Version : If not traded, Carmelo Anthony would take "real hard look" at Nuggets

shep33
02-09-2011, 05:18 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17341282

This is getting ridiculous...

The Jokemaker
02-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I think he'd have 65 million reasons to look at them.

Kevj77
02-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Just goes to show he really wants the 65 million extension before the CBA expires. He just lost leverage in my view by saying this. Now the Nuggets know he might not leave that money on the table to be a free agent.

He wants his money and to pick his team. Can't always have your cake and eat it too.

shep33
02-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Just goes to show he really wants the 65 million extension before the CBA expires. He just lost leverage in my view by saying this. Now the Nuggets know he might not leave that money on the table to be a free agent.

He wants his money and to pick his team. Can't always have your cake and eat it too.

Yeah I don't understand why he'd say this. It doesn't mean anything in all truth, and in reality its better for the Knicks if they don't trade for him right now.

The thing about the new CBA is nobody knows what its gonna be like, and IMO the stars are still gonna get paid regardless. I don't see the players taking huge paycuts, especially the best players in the game. So yeah, i think people are overestimating what the new CBA is gonna do, will there be a lockout? Maybe, but players will still get paid, and if the NBA is stupid enough to severely cut player salaries, then I would bet anything we'd see more players playing in Europe then ever before. I remember Olympiakos I think, offering Kobe and Lebron absolutely ridiculous deals if they ever decided to come play over there.

justinnum1
02-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Its a no brainer...denver is a contender when healthy and george karl coaching...NY will not be contending this season, and who knows what the new CBA will say.

Mudvayne91
02-09-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm not reading too much into it. Melo has been very smart about what HE says, like a politician.

BALLER R
02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
or if he gets traded to the lakers sign and extension cause you know your on a contender for years to come

llemon
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah I don't understand why he'd say this. It doesn't mean anything in all truth, and in reality its better for the Knicks if they don't trade for him right now.

Just an assumption on my part, but 'Melo might be saying this because he fears being traded to a 'renter' (which could cost him tens of millions of dollars), and might be hoping Knicks raise their offer to make Nuggets happy.

shep33
02-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Its a no brainer...denver is a contender when healthy and george karl coaching...NY will not be contending this season, and who knows what the new CBA will say.

I'd be fine with him stayng in Denver... but he hasn't said he will sign with Denver. Actually it seems somewhat as if he won't sign with Denver, why not take a close look before the season started? Or in the early stages of the season?

Like I've said before too, I think the new CBA is kinda overrated... players are still gonna get paid, especially the best ones. If people think that say Melo after the new CBA would creat max contracts to the degree of like 40 mill over 5 years, then players that care about money would go to Europe. Salaries aren't gonna change much IMO, but things like the MLE, etc will.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Wow I want this to get over already:sigh:

llemon
02-09-2011, 05:37 PM
or if he gets traded to the lakers sign and extension cause you know your on a contender for years to come

Lakers cannot provide the monetary relief, nor draft picks nor personnel that Denver wants.

shep33
02-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Just an assumption on my part, but 'Melo might be saying this because he fears being traded to a 'renter' (which could cost him tens of millions of dollars), and might be hoping Knicks raise their offer to make Nuggets happy.

it could be... I mean he could also realize that if the Knicks give up too much, they won't improve too much at all, maybe he's telling them he'd play out the year and don't offer too much.

Cause if the Knicks give up Field and Gallo/Chandler, along with Randolph and other players, they lose so much depth. I mean we're seeing right now that the Knicks can't ride Amare like they've been doing, its just too much to ask.

J4KOP99
02-09-2011, 05:38 PM
By saying this, doesn't he imply his first option is to get traded? Denver is the 2nd option IF he does not get traded.

Unless I am forgetting something, Melo has not publicly requested a trade right? All of this is just built off of the media attention?

PC
02-09-2011, 05:39 PM
I'm really disliking these mixed signals, just sign an extension with Denver then and get over it.

Mudvayne91
02-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I'd be fine with him stayng in Denver... but he hasn't said he will sign with Denver. Actually it seems somewhat as if he won't sign with Denver, why not take a close look before the season started? Or in the early stages of the season?

Like I've said before too, I think the new CBA is kinda overrated... players are still gonna get paid, especially the best ones. If people think that say Melo after the new CBA would creat max contracts to the degree of like 40 mill over 5 years, then players that care about money would go to Europe. Salaries aren't gonna change much IMO, but things like the MLE, etc will.

That's not true.... He said he'd consider signing an extension with Nets, Knicks, Nugs and another team like a month ago.

or I guess a report said that. He hasn't said he'd sign with anybody himself, just that he wants to keep his options open.

mrblisterdundee
I thought before that there was a chance that Carmello Anthony was pushing the Nuggets to improve via a trade, and this further justifies that thought. I think it comes down to Kenyon Martin; he's a waste of $16.5 million a season who comes off the books pretty soon. That's a big-time deal waiting to happen, if the Nuggets can make it before the deadline. I just don't think Martin will ever be that good for Denver.
If there's a team that's serious about getting expiring contracts, then do it, Denver. Maybe it could grab Danny Granger. Even Gerald Wallace would be an improvement over Kenyon Martin at power forward.

bovice163
I don't care anymore.

Sly Guy
02-09-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17341282

This is getting ridiculous...

correction, it was ridiculous well before this came out.

shep33
02-09-2011, 05:46 PM
That's not true.... He said he'd consider signing an extension with Nets, Knicks, Nugs and another team like a month ago.

or I guess a report said that. He hasn't said he'd sign with anybody himself, just that he wants to keep his options open.

Ah, I see. But i mean has he said he would sign with Denver? He said "consider" though right? I don't think he has said he'd flat out sign otherwise why deal with all this mess? Haha i'm so confused, this stuff has been going on for too long.

shep33
02-09-2011, 05:47 PM
correction, it was ridiculous well before this came out.

very true

Mudvayne91
02-09-2011, 05:52 PM
Ah, I see. But i mean has he said he would sign with Denver? I don't think he has? Do you remember when? Haha i'm so confused, this stuff has been going on for too long.

I don't think he's said he'd sign with anyone flat out. I've heard him say it's disrespectful to the Nuggets organization to even talk about signing or playing with another team when asked, but I haven't heard himself say, "I'll sign with the Knicks" or "I'll sign with the Nuggets" on the record. He's just trying to keep from his mouth getting him in trouble, I think.

And you're right, it's very damn confusing. So many contradictory articles released day after day.

shep33
02-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't think he's said he'd sign with anyone flat out. I've heard him say it's disrespectful to the Nuggets organization to even talk about signing or playing with another team when asked, but I haven't heard himself say, "I'll sign with the Knicks" or "I'll sign with the Nuggets" on the record. He's just trying to keep from his mouth getting him in trouble, I think.

And you're right, it's very damn confusing. So many contradictory articles released day after day.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stop posting on this subject until the trade deadline comes. Haha I mean he's telling us something, but nothing at the same time. Very smart of him, but I mean I think all of us here on PSD can continue to argue blindly about where he's going and for who. I dunno just weird, can't wait till its over.

SteBO
02-09-2011, 05:56 PM
:yawn:

210Don
02-09-2011, 05:57 PM
who cares...

thekmp211
02-09-2011, 06:09 PM

not so sure about that. i think it's about the money.

mjqusoldier
02-09-2011, 06:27 PM

why not though when the Knicks have beaten some of the best teams in the league including the HEAT last time?

Anilyzer
02-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Carmelo is NOT going to sign in Denver, that is quite obvious by now. He could've gone to NJ, in fact it took incredible effort to not go to NJ... so why would he sign in freakin' DENVER now?

Carmelo loses nothing by saying this, and at this point he might be so fed up that he just wants to make a point of leaving, signing somewhere else, and not even doing a sign and trade so Denver gets a pick back or whatever.

Let Denver go to the league and the CBA and demand a rules change saying that teams that get totally pwned in free agency now get an extra first round pick, so they can select some euro center who ends up averaging 10 and 7 and shoots a lot of 3s.

Matt NJ 77
02-09-2011, 06:44 PM
The Knicks with Carmelo are a better team then Denver with Carmelo. Not really even debatable.

Also, I am a Knicks fan and yes the Knicks beat the Heat last time, however Bosh didnt play. Just sayin'

why not though when the Knicks have beaten some of the best teams in the league including the HEAT last time?

Matt NJ 77
02-09-2011, 06:48 PM
and this comment from him today is the same sort of thing like yesterdays news that the Lakers are interested.

The Nuggets have zero leverage, do you really think that they are going to want to keep Carmelo now after he has asked to get out... you would think they want player who want to be there not just there for the money.

Maybe the Knicks are sitting back knowing Carmelo will fall to their laps in free agency and Carmelo wants to move this along and that comment could help push the Knicks to up their offer and get this done now.

The Nuggets and Carmelo are working together. Regardless of what the Nuggets fans say, Carmelo has seemingly been honest and straightforward with the Nuggets. He has been a great player this year, given his regular effort and been a great teammate through all of this. He aint going to be a dick if the Nuggets are going to give him what he wants and that is an extension & trade with the Knicks. He needs to help them out too and making a comment like this to up the offer perhaps is a win win.

The Nuggets will not let themselves look likke fools on this one when a deal goes down. They both need each other.

johnnychan
02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Of course he would, and then he'd pack his bags for NY.

Bornknick73
02-09-2011, 06:54 PM
And as God is my witness I wouldnt be mad at him one bit. I would be slightly annoyed we all went through this **** for nothing though! But it is the honorable thing to do, as far as staying with your team, so i cant see how anyone could be mad. And that includes spurning us in the summer.

Now if he signs somewhere else...

:guns::horse::burn::catfight::mad::guns::faint:

bahama0811
02-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't buy it, this is just Melo saying the right things.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2011, 07:02 PM

you actually think he wants to stay there? this is all strategy. this is his way of forcing the Knicks to make the deal rather than wait till FA.

and you don't KNOW that NY will be any less of a contender than the Nuggs team he is on. you just can't tell at this point. Make statements like that if the Knicks trade Fields, Gallo, AND Wilson; but that hasn't happened yet.

BallIsAll
02-09-2011, 07:02 PM
who cares anymore i dont think hes worthy of all this media.. hes lost respect from most nuggets fans just leave during the off season and let us sign someone else. we're not even a bad team.

Kashmir13579
02-09-2011, 07:03 PM
LOL. all you dudes that don't want to hear about 'Melo anymore, make sure you tell us in every 'Melo thread.

PlezPlayDKnicks
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
LOL. all you dudes that don't want to hear about 'Melo anymore, make sure you tell us in every 'Melo thread.

So true... Lmao
It's so funny because most of them have contending teams that would hate for him to land here.

TRUTH-TELLER
02-09-2011, 07:18 PM
would take "real hard look" at Nuggets...that is the biggest lie I have heard so far.

melo is OUT...NY or LA (someplace for his wife to get a gig)

Bornknick73
02-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow I want this to get over already:sigh:

Says the man with the D12 Laker sig....:facepalm:

Knickrocketsfan
02-09-2011, 07:22 PM
keeping his options open

mjqusoldier
02-09-2011, 07:24 PM
The Knicks with Carmelo are a better team then Denver with Carmelo. Not really even debatable.

Also, I am a Knicks fan and yes the Knicks beat the Heat last time, however Bosh didnt play. Just sayin'

I think the Knicks are better than the Nuggets without Melo.

Felton>Billlups(at this point of his career)

Fields=Afflalo(I think Fields might even be better)

Melo in Ny>Melo in DEN(because he wants to be here)

Gallo>K.Martin

Amare>Nene

Are you sure about that?

Young and Stupid
02-09-2011, 07:39 PM
I think the Knicks are better than the Nuggets without Melo.

Felton>Billlups(at this point of his career)

Fields=Afflalo(I think Fields might even be better)

Melo in Ny>Melo in DEN(because he wants to be here)

Gallo>K.Martin

Amare>Nene

Are you sure about that?

Listen I love the Knicks, but calm down. Felton was better than Billups at the earlier stages of the season, but Ray's production has severely regressed. I think if given the choice, I'd probably pick Billups because of his playoff experience, veteran savvy and winning-mentality, but it's very close.

Let's relax with the Fields hype. He's a very good role-player, but he's not better than Afflalo. Fields knows where to be and when to be there, he's a great rebounding guard and he makes veteran plays as a rookie, but I wouldn't say he's superior to Afflalo.

Melo in NY is better than Melo in Denver because "he wants to be in NY." Really? I mean, come on. You're better than that. I could argue that Melo in Denver is superior to Melo in NY because he doesn't have to play alongside Stat (who both like to score from similar areas on the court) and he's given more free reign. In Mike's system you have to be a willing passer. That's not to say that Melo isn't an adequate passer, but he does have the tendency to stop ball-movement on offense and that's in Karl's stagnant system.

You don't want Gallo playing the four come playoff-time. In the regular season -- sure. But in the playoffs D'Antoni's not gonna get away with that.

Obviously Stat is superior to Nene, but it should be noted that Nene is one of the most efficient players in the league. He's great at finishing around the rim and he's one of the more underrated players in the league.

Then, you have to consider the Nuggets' bench which is one of the better ones in the league. You have Lawson, Earl, I Get Buckets and a surprisingly productive Sheldon Williams.

I'm happy that the Knicks are competing again, but let's relax with some of the rhetoric.

The BodyGuard
02-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I still think he would end up in NY

FlashMacker
02-09-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't care anymore.

This.

king4day
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Sounds like a ploy to prevent the knicks from having to give anything up... Or to get the money.

Weezy
02-09-2011, 08:19 PM
Says the man with the D12 Laker sig....:facepalm:

:laugh: Oh man.. got him.

Knicks21
02-09-2011, 08:19 PM
He was always going to consider it, i can't recall him ever saying Denver was out of the race.

el_primo_nano
02-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I think the Knicks might have lost any leverage that they had in trading him.. If Gallo is the reason why he doesnt land in the big apple i will be furious

lakersfan211
02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Melo will never win a ring in Denver .

Crab Dribble!
02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Melo will never win a ring in Denver .

And who's to say he'd win one in New York?

The Jokemaker
02-10-2011, 01:01 PM
This isnt' really news. I read an article on SI about Carmelo and he said he was still considering staying in denver with the extension. I don't think it hurts or improves his tradeability. Believe it or not, he's actually thinking smart.

blahblahyoutoo
02-10-2011, 01:13 PM

The thing about the new CBA is nobody knows what its gonna be like, and IMO the stars are still gonna get paid regardless. I don't see the players taking huge paycuts, especially the best players in the game. So yeah, i think people are overestimating what the new CBA is gonna do, will there be a lockout? Maybe, but players will still get paid, and if the NBA is stupid enough to severely cut player salaries, then I would bet anything we'd see more players playing in Europe then ever before. I remember Olympiakos I think, offering Kobe and Lebron absolutely ridiculous deals if they ever decided to come play over there.

does anyone even know what's going on in europe?
greece is in a world of hurt right now, and a lot of other EU countries are following suit.

Bornknick73
02-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Im not concerned, teams can trade for him and he can sign that extension all the way to draft day.

But it was a big statement. Denver can just turn around and say "Ok that solves our problem, we just don't trade him"

But if he turns around and leaves on draft day....he would be the new Lebron...worse. Haha Im sure James would love that. He needs someone to take the Scumbag title belt from him right now. I think KG right now is the #1 contender for the belt.

Maybe we'll get a steel cage match :speechless:

BklynKnicks3
02-10-2011, 02:28 PM
anyone who belives this is a clown melo talkin in circles. He just callin out the Knicks to hurry up and do something. While at the same time no tbeing public enemy number 1 incase he has to play season out as a nugget.

JayAllDay
02-10-2011, 02:35 PM

This is almost verbatim what everybody thought the moment the Melo trade rumors surfaced.

We are back at square 1!
This Melo thing is a ****ing circus. I blame the agents.

eugene
02-10-2011, 02:44 PM
I see Paul joining him in Denver later on ;)

JnasD
02-10-2011, 03:09 PM
I think the Knicks might have lost any leverage that they had in trading him.. If Gallo is the reason why he doesnt land in the big apple i will be furious

This.

RulerSlick
02-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I think he'd have 65 million reasons to look at them.

true story:D he don't want to lose that $$$

Sadds The Gr8
02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
obviously this is just a bait to pressure the Knicks even more to trade for him.

Madtown22
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
LALA wants him to go to NY, he' there

Anilyzer
02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
does anyone even know what's going on in europe?
greece is in a world of hurt right now, and a lot of other EU countries are following suit.

yeah, but the top 1% of the rich people are like 10 times richer than ever. It's just the bus drivers, city workers and unemployed people who are freaking out rioting because the governments are broke