PDA

View Full Version : Laker Drama

champ101695
02-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Are the Lakers just getting into this Carmelo drama so the Knicks get the trade done faster?
Then the Nuggets have no chance of effecting them in playoffs.(not saying they do now)
Just asking what you think

somedude728
02-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I think with all the talk of them possibly making a trade coming up before this, that it was, at some point, a legitimate thought that they had. I've seen an article somewhere though that says they turned down a deal for Melo that included Bynum...:crazy:

champ101695
02-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I am not saying the Lakers dont want Melo or wouldnt trade for him. Just saying i dont think its on the top of the list for them. I think its to get him to the Knicks faster to ruin all chances Nuggests may have.
But if the Lakers could get him its deff a win for them.

Supreme LA
02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Well, reports suggest that the Nuggets actually contacted the Lakers to gauge their interest in Melo to see if they could gain some leverage against the Knicks in hopes that they will be willing to give up a little more for Melo.

Also, whatever talks that are going on now between the Lakers and Nuggets are basically a revisiting of talks that they had over the offseason when Jim Buss was also reluctant to give up Bynum in any trade for Melo.

^As for the guy above, I don't find to crazy if the Lakers still reject a deal for Bynum in exchange for Melo considering the fact that we will need Bynum to battle against a likely opponent in Boston in the Finals. It's a tough call IMO but I have all the confidence in Mitch and our front office to make the right decision.

It really has nothing to do with the Nuggets because they really are no threat to the Lakers whatsoever at this point.

posterized
02-09-2011, 09:44 AM
I was watching a sports report where the reporter was saying that in some cases teams will talk to other teams regarding certain players to be traded in order to raise that players trade value.
So in this case NY is the front runner for Melo, Denver than starts talking to Lakers in order to try to raise melo's value and get a bigger return (player and/or picks) from NYK

champ101695
02-09-2011, 10:03 AM
good point about making trade value go higher and have Knicks offer more for him. The Knicks could give fields up but he has potential that the Knicks dont want to give up.

Avenged
02-09-2011, 10:39 AM
There are enough threads involving the Lakers and Melo.

Use the others.