PDA

View Full Version : what person in the nba 2011 draft could turn the caveliers franchise around?

nykobe24
02-09-2011, 01:39 AM
i know its early but dammint i hate seeing teams losing like this?

thoughts?

thaShady
02-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Jesus plays basketball?

BkOriginalOne
02-09-2011, 01:52 AM
No one.
The Cavs are so unlucky I bet they get the 4th pick.

thaShady
02-09-2011, 01:53 AM
No one.
The Cavs are so unlucky I bet they get the 4th pick.

I didnt consider that possibility but thats hilarious. :facepalm:

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Its not like this is a big draft year so a 4th pick wouldn't be so bad. It'll take a few years of quality draft picks.

Cubs Win
02-09-2011, 01:56 AM
Maybe Kyrie Irving (If he's still planning on entering after this season given his injury), considering this is turning into somewhat of a point guards league. But this isn't the best draft to look for a franchise player in, unfortunately for them.

PC
02-09-2011, 01:58 AM
It's going to take more than 1 draft pick to turn this team around

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Yeah it looks like Irving, Sullinger, Barnes, and Perry Jones are all top 5. So one of them will do I'm sure.

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:00 AM
It's going to take more than 1 draft pick to turn this team around

Yeah it'll be a few years. I'm thinking 5-10 if the franchise can survive that long. Who knows?

Cal827
02-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Yeah it'll be a few years. I'm thinking 5-10 if the franchise can survive that long. Who knows?

I agree with ya. Unfortunately, they have a lot of bad contracts which they acquired trying to build around Lebron. They have to let some of them expire before they will contend again. Hopefully for their sake, Hickson realizes his potential. Then if they get a high pick, they can try to build around those two.

xxcubs22xx
02-09-2011, 02:09 AM
Yeah its going to take more than just one guy and its going to take many years. Personally, I think they should unload some players right now.

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Yeah its going to take more than just one guy and its going to take many years. Personally, I think they should unload some players right now.

Maybe Anthony Parker or Jamario Moon this year because they're expiring this year. But I think Mo and Antawn probably get moved next season because they have another year. Or maybe over the summer?

Antipod
02-09-2011, 02:18 AM
Cavs are doomed for a period from 3 to 5 years..Maybe more...

knickerbockerny
02-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Clevelabd has to take a strategic approach to this draft, becuase there is no one talent that is leaps and bounds better than the next man, nor one that can turn around a franchise.

If they did get that #1 pick I would consider trading down for either multiple picks or a player and picks.

I would also unload some of the quality players on the team now for future picks.

Mudvayne91
02-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Jimmer Fredette FTW!

Lake_Show2416
02-09-2011, 02:36 AM
They have to take the local kid if he's available when they make their selection

but the cavs need a lot more then wut this draft has to offer

asandhu23
02-09-2011, 02:37 AM
They are screwed. NBA will get rid of them and Kings.

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:38 AM

It depends on how ambitious the owner is.

BkOriginalOne
02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
They should really free Antwan Jamison, I feel so bad for this guy, seriously.
He's literally been the best player on two of the worst teams in NBA history (Wizards last season, Cavs this season). Especially for a hard-working, team playing, good guy like Jamison... Get him out of there!

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:45 AM
They should really free Antwan Jamison, I feel so bad for this guy, seriously.
He's literally been the best player on two of the worst teams in NBA history (Wizards last season, Cavs this season). Especially for a hard-working, team playing, good guy like Jamison... Get him out of there!

I feel for him too. He's a great character guy. I think any NBA team would love to have him. I think he'll be moved next season if at all.

sixer04fan
02-09-2011, 02:50 AM
This is supposed to be a very weak draft, none of the top prospects seem to be franchise players. It's a bad year to be bad in the NBA. Poor Cavs...

John Walls Era
02-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Yeah it looks like Irving, Sullinger, Barnes, and Perry Jones are all top 5. So one of them will do I'm sure.

Barnes is not gonna be a top 5 pick. He hasn't shown up at all given the amount of hype there was.

TunTavern
02-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Tim Tebow.

Revolu7i9n
02-09-2011, 03:04 AM
they picked a crappy year to suck... this is a relatively weak draft

Korman12
02-09-2011, 03:06 AM
Yeah, there isn't a sure-fire player likely to come out this year, so they better get lucky like the Kings did with Evans. But even he hasn't turned them around yet.

It'll take time.

eagles1baby4me
02-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Barnes is not gonna be a top 5 pick. He hasn't shown up at all given the amount of hype there was.

Have u seen him in his RECENT games...u will eat those words trust me...but the point of this thread i think is basically who will send them on the right track to get to success quicker and IMO kyrie irving, even tho out rite now, is the guy that can get them to success the quickest...best player in ncaa before injury

John Walls Era
02-09-2011, 03:28 AM
Have u seen him in his RECENT games...u will eat those words trust me...but the point of this thread i think is basically who will send them on the right track to get to success quicker and IMO kyrie irving, even tho out rite now, is the guy that can get them to success the quickest...best player in ncaa before injury

What you mean a small sample size of 3 games against avg level opponents? Still not impressed. Getting better, but not worthy of the hype as the next Kobe.

Bulls_fan90
02-09-2011, 03:32 AM

Barnes would be a top 5 pick this year. But i doubt he declares for the draft. His last few games have been pretty good though.

numba1CHANGsta
02-09-2011, 03:34 AM
The Cavs would need picks 1 through 5 LOL but seriously, they should consider trading some of their players, time to rebuild!

John Walls Era
02-09-2011, 03:37 AM
Barnes would be a top 5 pick this year. But i doubt he declares for the draft. His last few games have been pretty good though.

Perry Jones, Kyrie Irving, Terrence Jones, Jared Sullinger, Enes Kanter, Jonas Valanciunas could possibly get drafted ahead of him. Maybe March Madness will boost his stock.

THE MTL
02-09-2011, 04:00 AM
The Cavs need someone from the 2003 NBA Draft Class to save them! With him they were top of the league, without him they are bottom of the league. The difference one man can bring.

...however if Lebron was to come back, Iono even know if he could do what he did before with the Cavs, therefore they probably need someone from the 1984 NBA Draft class. lol ;-)

Allstar21
02-09-2011, 04:26 AM
trade down and get.....
kemba walker!!!!
trade every player u can on your team now to get draft picks for the future, including Big V and hickson

|x-M1NTy-x|
02-09-2011, 04:47 AM
Mo and Jamison deal could bring in multiple players

ilovemyangel
02-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Jesus if he declares for the draft

NBA-GMaster
02-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Kyrie Irving or Perry Jones

John Walls Era
02-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Why are they not trading Mo Williams, Jamison or Anthony Parker is beyond me. I'm sure the Bulls wouldn't mind having any of those players.

herniateddisc
02-09-2011, 10:04 AM

I get the felling none come out this year. Just me. But other than Sullinger who has proven anything?

stlbest5in2013
02-09-2011, 10:14 AM
somebody from kansas

goose15
02-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Kyle Watson (Above the Rim)

stlbest5in2013
02-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Why are they not trading Mo Williams, Jamison or Anthony Parker is beyond me. I'm sure the Bulls wouldn't mind having any of those players.

we dont need a pg

we dont need another pf

we dont need parker--yuck-----candice is better

Randomsportsfan
02-09-2011, 10:40 AM
honestly i think sullinger or barnes. they can both shoot and we just need a consistant shooter

thekmp211
02-09-2011, 10:52 AM
sullinger looks like a good player but may end up an NBA tweener.

honestly, i think the cavs would be best served by my main man kemba walker. he is explosive and dynamic and would at least be someone fun to watch on the floor every night. hell, he's been carrying a similarly talented uconn roster all season..

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Jesus if he declares for the draft

Jesus is coming out this year. I thought he was cleaning apartments in Mexico City?

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 11:03 AM

You can have them for Derrek Rose.

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 11:06 AM
The Cavs need someone from the 2003 NBA Draft Class to save them! With him they were top of the league, without him they are bottom of the league. The difference one man can bring.

...however if Lebron was to come back, Iono even know if he could do what he did before with the Cavs, therefore they probably need someone from the 1984 NBA Draft class. lol ;-)

2003 Draft Class is tainted. LeBron isn't coming back with Gilbert as the owner. And if he did he would be an old man. I heard your Mom played in the 1984 draft class. Maybe she can join the Cavs!

Hawkeye15
02-09-2011, 11:15 AM
there is no LeBron in this draft, so its going to take more than the top pick. The rebuilding process will be painfully slow most likely. They don't have much young talent to improve upon (this happens when teams winning 60 games get the 30th pick for a few years in a row), and they have no cap space for a couple of years, and undesireable deals.
Its going to be a few years before they are relevant again unfortunately. But if there is a city that is as tough as nails when it comes to their sports teams being terrible, its Cleveland. They have seen it all, and stick around. This is no different.

Raph12
02-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Is there a redraft coming up in '11?

jtsunami
02-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm gonna say if Jared Sullinger isn't the #1 pick, it will be a mistake. And I hate the Buckeyes.

chitown815
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
the 2nd best player of all time couldnt even get a ring with this team

daleja424
02-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Willing to bet that they do not get the top pick... that seems to be the trend with the god awful teams...

anyways... no one in this draft can turn a franchise around on his own... I dont see any Lebrons, Durants, or Howards...

corky831
02-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Kyle Watson (Above the Rim)

lol thats one of my fav movies

but.....they need....

JIMMMMMMMEEERRRRRRRRRR.......

PrettyBoyJ
02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
This year Draft is gonna suck... if they get anyone they prob wont be able to build a franchise around them

Yanks All Day
02-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I really don't think Kyrie Irving will be entering the NBA draft this year. He has only played 8 games and by all accounts seems like a kid who really loves Duke and the program, especially with how they have handled his injury. The 8 career college games coupled with the chance that there might not be an NBA season next year might sway his decision. I feel like he'll stay 1 more year under Coach K and play with his good friend Austin Rivers next season. I can also easily see Harrison Barnes staying in school and improving his draft stock. By all means he has not produced to his pre-season hype. He went from the consensus #1 pick to maybe a top 5. One more year might get him on track. If they stay in school, there should be no reason why Jared Sullinger is not the #1 overall pick. The kid can simply dominate down low, which is what every good team needs.

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Whose coming out of the 2012 draft? Any solid high school ballers? The Cavs should be looking at that too!

stripersniper77
02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
They should trade down a few picks and draft donatas motiejunas. If the draft class really is weak, then why not try to move a bad contract, or just multiple contracts, with that high pick. Motiejunas is a european player so its high risk, but with his skill set he could be the next pau gasol or dirk, so maybe it could be worth the risk considering the weakness of the draft class and the possibility to move some contracts.

A Nut Da 1
02-09-2011, 01:44 PM

Sorry to tell you but the city of Sacramento just approved of a new arena for the Kings so they won't be going anywhere for a long time

VillaMaravilla
02-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Depending where their drafting but my pick would be Kemba Walker the kids a beast

A Nut Da 1
02-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Cleveland really doesn't have that many bad contracts and that would be able to turn their team around with in 1-2 years

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 01:59 PM
Cleveland really doesn't have that many bad contracts and that would be able to turn their team around with in 1-2 years

Yeah I hope so. You're right, next year most of the heftier contracts will come off the books.

A Nut Da 1
02-09-2011, 02:08 PM
for example if i was cleveland i would target NYC small forward Wilson Chandler and i would also go after players like JR Smith, Tyson Chandler, Samuel Dalembert or for the right amount of money and because of the coach cleveland has i would even take a look at E Curry and i would try draft a PG...what did cleveland get for comp in the Lebron trade? was it draft picks?

A Nut Da 1
02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
cleveland has a total possible 6 free agents at the end of this year 5 unrestricted and 1 restriced then next year that have 5 more possibles

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:19 PM
for example if i was cleveland i would target NYC small forward Wilson Chandler and i would also go after players like JR Smith, Tyson Chandler, Samuel Dalembert or for the right amount of money and because of the coach cleveland has i would even take a look at E Curry and i would try draft a PG...what did cleveland get for comp in the Lebron trade? was it draft picks?

For LeBron Cleveland got:

* Two first-round picks, that must be used starting in 2013 and ending by 2017
* 2012 second-round pick Miami received from New Orleans
* Future second-round pick Heat acquired from Oklahoma City
* Cleveland can also swap first round picks with the Heat in 2012
* A large trade exception($15 million or so) that the Cavs must use in trades for one calendar year.

A Nut Da 1
02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
For LeBron Cleveland got:

* Two first-round picks, that must be used starting in 2013 and ending by 2017
* 2012 second-round pick Miami received from New Orleans
* Future second-round pick Heat acquired from Oklahoma City
* Cleveland can also swap first round picks with the Heat in 2012
* A large trade exception($15 million or so) that the Cavs must use in trades for one calendar year.

okay so if cleveland had a good GM that couple possibly be in the playoff next year

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Here's some high school prospects for possible draft selections for 2012:

– Austin Rivers, G, H.S. Senior (Duke) – One of the more highly-touted high school prospects in his class, Rivers is 6'4" combo guard that can absolutely light it up from pretty much anywhere on the floor. He's still pretty thin, but he's got the long, athletic feel of a future NBA star. The knock on him is that he's a little undersized to be a permanent two guard and doesn't really show much skill as a point guard, but there's no questioning the kid is talented. There's big-game potential here.

– Quincy Miller, SF, H.S. Senior (Baylor) – Currently in the midst of healing from a torn ACL, Miller is spending his senior year of high school studying the game rather than playing it. However, assuming he ends up with a full year of healthy college ball under his belt by the time the 2012 draft rolls around, he'll be a candidate for the top overall pick. He's been compared to Kevin Durant, which obviously is a bit hasty, but his combination of size and skill puts him at the top of any list of 2012 draft prospects. As far as franchise-saving players are concerned, he's probably the most intriguing of anybody on the list, but his inability to play this year makes it a little difficult to gauge where he'll be in a year-and-a-half.

– Michael Gilchrist, F, H.S. Senior (Kentucky) – On top of the fact some scouts have Gilchrist listed as the top high school prospect in the country this year, Michael Gilchrist is still growing. At only 17 years old, he added an extra inch and several pounds in the last calendar year, and when you consider he's already an amazing defender with amazingly well-balanced offensive skills and a high basketball IQ, to think where he'll be in 18 months is just beyond comprehension. He might not ever be a super-duper-megastar, but he's got the skill set to be painfully productive year-in and year-out. The team that ends up with him is getting an NBA lifer

TO to the CHI
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM

The Bulls wouldn't touch Williams or Jamison with their contracts and with the salaries that would have to be included to get the deals to work. I think AP is an intriguing possibility though. I wouldn't trade much for him if I were the Bulls though, perhaps James Johnson and a second rounder, but that is about it.

Also, care to make a sig bet that Barnes goes in the top-5 picks of the 2011 draft?

THE_G.O.A.T.
02-09-2011, 02:36 PM
The little white guy from BYU!

A Nut Da 1
02-09-2011, 02:40 PM

??? your joking right?

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:42 PM
The Bulls wouldn't touch Williams or Jamison with their contracts and with the salaries that would have to be included to get the deals to work. I think AP is an intriguing possibility though. I wouldn't trade much for him if I were the Bulls though, perhaps James Johnson and a second rounder, but that is about it.

Also, care to make a sig bet that Barnes goes in the top-5 picks of the 2011 draft?

I could see them maybe going after one of them (more likely Jamison) next year when their contracts expire.

Arch Stanton
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM

I just hope he's not the second coming of Luke Jackson. Even though Jackson played the SF position.

TO to the CHI
02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
I could see them maybe going after one of them (more likely Jamison) next year when their contracts expire.

Anything's possible, but I can't see it. Bear in mind, it is just the contract, it is that the Bulls would have to give up matching salaries. Who would they move to match Jamison's salary? It wouldn't be worth it and he would not have a position to start on the Bulls.